Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1781155 times)

Himu

that post is so bad that i'm going to retrieve my pw and post
IYKYK

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am

typical himumu
itm

Himu

Oh Himu, you should only be concerned about people harping against Japanese culture. I don't even think you'd be considered black at this point.

thank god.

hopefully i'll become lighter and lighter as the years go by.

IYKYK

Himu

time to go into account suicide
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish

Arguing with white people about black culture. That sounds like a good investment of time...

Himu

Arguing with white people about black culture. That sounds like a good investment of time...

why good sir, please educate me the intricacies of this chitlins dish. What is it made of? It is so tender and juicy.
IYKYK

Beezy

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417824

This is one of the stupidest outrages I've seen at gaf.  Jesus christ.

A bunch of hipsters saying how they are too cool for Starbucks and others caring about a corporate logo which has no effect on their lives.

Sounds about par for the course.
A customer of mine (who also owns one of the largest marketing firms in America) thought the logo redesign was an awful choice for Starbucks.

I think removing your name from a logo that had your name on it before is probably not a great idea. But then honestly I don't give a shit. I don't own their stock. As a consumer I care about what the drink in the cup tastes like. The rest of it is just something I don't really have an opinion on. Put two dogs fucking on it for all I care.

Haven't read that thread but there have always been alot of graphic designers (or wannabess) on GAF.

Putting my hat on for a second, removing "Starbucks" from the Starbucks logo is pretty dumb. They left the most generic part of the logo still in, when I saw the headline and tried to remember it I came up fully blank as to what the existing one is even though I can spot it a mile away. A Barrista? Poseidon or something?...oh yeah, a mermaid. Let's focus even more on that...
___

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Zipping up my pants for a second, I agree
vjj

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship

Scientifically proven to work.

Dickie Dee

___

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Phoenix Dark

ToxicAdam

[youtube=560,345]omGHeVmv6NI[/youtube]

dat algorithm

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
that is pretty cool!

magus

• LIKES FF7
time to go into account suicide

i suggest doing a thread called "EARTHBOUND SUCKS AMIROX"
<----

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
the videos of Steve Harvey hosting Family Feud are amazing. truly amazing
nat

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25187986&postcount=2999

lmao

:rofl

:lol

Gotta love the "all this self segregation is the REAL RACISM" argument

I was surprised to see SmokeyDave on my ignore list, I clicked "show post", then I remembered why. Message board douche riding a high horse, terrible combo.
Unzip

Stoney Mason

I'm certainly not the biggest Steve Harvey guy but he seems to do a good job of hosting that show. I see more youtube clips generated from it than any other game show in years.

Phoenix Dark

lmao

I was surprised to see SmokeyDave on my ignore list, I clicked "show post", then I remembered why. Message board douche riding a high horse, terrible combo.

That argument is never raised against Italian American culture, or Irish American culture, or even Hispanic American culture. It's only divisive when black people want to express their own culture, which is more firmly rooted in America because for most of them there is no "old country" to reminisce about.

SmokyDave is one of the worst posters on GAF, and a poster boy for the nationalist/racist Europeans there.

Mupepe

• Icon
Ranger X is one of the worst posters on GAF.  The dude never has any idea what he's talking about yet be be-bops into every thread just to say something, anything.  And it's not that he does to learn something, he does it give his opinion on a subject he's completely ignorant about.

Himu

lmao

That argument is never raised against Italian American culture, or Irish American culture, or even Hispanic American culture. It's only divisive when black people want to express their own culture, which is more firmly rooted in America because for most of them there is no "old country" to reminisce about.

SmokyDave is one of the worst posters on GAF, and a poster boy for the nationalist/racist Europeans there.

The thread wasn't even based around American black culture.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

I'm not defending the thread, I'm defending black culture. That thread is mainly composed of "negros, my moms wants me to go to church and stop hanging with my white lady friend. shit is ridiculous" posts

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist

I'm certainly not the biggest Steve Harvey guy but he seems to do a good job of hosting that show. I see more youtube clips generated from it than any other game show in years.

I started going through his videos after you posted that youtube link. Yeah, he's hilarious.
Unzip

Himu

I'm not defending the thread, I'm defending black culture. That thread is mainly composed of "negros, my moms wants me to go to church and stop hanging with my white lady friend. shit is ridiculous" posts

IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I try to avoid all discussions on race, gender, or sexual orientation on GAF.  Given how black/white GAF is on anything, for example, if I say that I support gay people and their rights but I wouldn't let one inside of my asshole, some toolshed (Mercury Fred probably) would screech that I was a radical homophobe.

Ranger X is one of the worst posters on GAF.  The dude never has any idea what he's talking about yet be be-bops into every thread just to say something, anything.  And it's not that he does to learn something, he does it give his opinion on a subject he's completely ignorant about.

Is there something wrong with that?
🍆🍆

Mupepe

• Icon
There is when he goes around spouting it as "facts" like a douchebag knowitall.

Stoney Mason

Anybody can have an "opinion". But I notice when some people get told that their opinion is stupid that suddenly they get all huffy. They want the freedom to express an opinion but don't want to be criticized about it which is funny.

GAF is full of dumb-asses who say dumb shit. I like to point it out to mock it, but its not like I care on some deep level. Dumb people say dumb shit. It happens in real life too.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 01:41:04 PM by Stoney Mason »

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
That is because GAF fosters a culture of special snowflakes.
🍆🍆

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
There is when he goes around spouting it as "facts" like a douchebag knowitall.

(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl at that gif

©ZH

Mupepe

• Icon
Anybody can have an "opinion". But I notice when some people get told that their opinion is stupid that suddenly they get all huffy. They want the freedom to express an opinion but don't want to be criticized about it which is funny.

GAF is full of dumb-asses who say dumb shit. I like to point it out to mock it, but its not like I care on some deep level. Dumb people say dumb shit. It happens in real life too.
well opinion was the wrong word.  he hops into threads and says shit like it's the gospel and it's usually fucking distinguished mentally-challenged and absolutely uneducated on the subject

Mupepe

• Icon
for real real?  i tried to buy it again not too long ago but it was unavailable.

Stoney Mason

well opinion was the wrong word.  he hops into threads and says shit like it's the gospel and it's usually fucking distinguished mentally-challenged and absolutely uneducated on the subject

Oh I know what you meant. I was agreeing with you. Everybody is entitled to an opinion. But it does become annoying when somebody is constantly saying the dumbest shit ever. I think that's the very definition of the word annoying in fact.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
http://www.care2.com/causes/education/blog/twelve-year-old-with-severe-epilepsy-denied-the-right-to-bring-service-dog-to-school/

Andrew Stevens, a twelve-year-old boy with severe epilepsy, was looking forward to starting 6th grade with his service dog Alaya, until the Fairfax County school district informed Andrew’s parents that the dog would not be allowed to attend school with Andrew.

The reason, as reported by The Washington Post, is three-fold. First, the school believes that their staff can do anything that Alaya can do. Second, the school asserts that according to state guidelines, the dog must have a handler, and that Andrew--who functions cognitively at a kindergarten level--does not fit the criteria. Finally, Alaya was trained by Seizure Alert Dogs For Life, a for-profit organization and not Assistance Dogs International, the nonprofit that the state of Virginia recognizes.

Why is Alaya necessary?

Andrew Stevens has a severe form of epilepsy known as Lennox-Gastaut syndrome that is not controllable with medication. Alaya is able to detect some of Andrew’s seizures before they happen and comfort him. Others she responds to within 5 seconds, swiping a magnet in her collar over an implant in Andrew’s chest that sends an electrical impulse to his brain to shorten the seizures. A teacher can take as long as 30-45 seconds to respond from the front of the classroom.

Alaya can also help cushion the fall if Andrew has a seizure while standing or walking. In addition to Alaya, Andrew wears a helmet constantly to lessen the risk of hitting his head. If a seizure lasts too long, Alaya will bite down on a cell phone on Andrew’s belt, which will alert 911. It’s clear that the dog brings Andrew a great deal of comfort. He told Matt Lauer "I love Alaya forever."

Until Andrew’s family can reach a deal with the school district, Andrew is being homeschooled. His mother says that because of the severity of his epilepsy, doctors have told them that Andrew may not live past his teen years. The Stevens family has not given up. They have contacted school officials and are planning to use the Americans With Disabilities Act to defend their son’s right to have Alaya in school with him.

Past Lawsuits
In 2008, a St. Paul family sued their school district for denying their son’s autism service dog to attend school with the child.

In 2009, the family of Kaleb Drew sued their Chicago school district and won. Six-year-old Kaleb was able to start school that year with Chewey, his autism service dog. One of Chewey’s many functions is to stop Kaleb from running into traffic at pickup time, something that his parents say he is prone to do.

In November of 2010, a Florida family sued for the right to bring their son’s service dog to school. The little boy, six-year-old JC Bowen, has both autism and epilepsy and was prone to running in fear after he came out of a seizure. J.C.’s dog can also help him with his spatial issues and will stop him from crashing into things.

UPDATE:

As of Tuesday, Andrew began a two-week trial with Alaya at his Elementary School, reports The Washington Post. Apparently the agreement was reached after Andrew's father, Army Sgt. Angelo Stevens, agreed to acompany Andrew as Alaya's handler. Sgt. Stevens has taken two weeks off from his Army job to act as Alaya's handler. Sgt. Stevens feels confident that the two week trial will show administrators that Alaya is impeccably trained and that Andrew is capable of handling the dog.  As Sgt. Stevens told The Washington Post, "The main process here is to show that Andrew can handle the dog. Andrew will pass with flying colors."

It is wonderful that Andrew will be able to attend school with both Alaya and his father by his side, but it begs the question, should someone who works in Army Intelligence have to take time off so that his child can have a service dog and attend school safely?

that's an awesome dog.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417824

This is one of the stupidest outrages I've seen at gaf.  Jesus christ.

A bunch of hipsters saying how they are too cool for Starbucks and others caring about a corporate logo which has no effect on their lives.

Sounds about par for the course.
A customer of mine (who also owns one of the largest marketing firms in America) thought the logo redesign was an awful choice for Starbucks.

just because of the removal of the name, or what?  It's literally just about the same exact thing, just without the name.  They're synonymous with coffee at this point, they could put a penis with "starbucks" written on the shaft as their logo and people would still be like "oh, they have a decent carmel latte."
püp

Mupepe

• Icon

Oh I know what you meant. I was agreeing with you. Everybody is entitled to an opinion. But it does become annoying when somebody is constantly saying the dumbest shit ever. I think that's the very definition of the word annoying in fact.
Truf

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Himu

IYKYK

Beezy

Is that a shirt? :lol

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Amazing.
©@©™

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
CBG

Dickie Dee

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
___

ToxicAdam

[youtube=560,345]rX0F3kY3uxU [/youtube]

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Someone started a thread for Himuro

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417930
itm

Stoney Mason

[youtube=560,345]rX0F3kY3uxU [/youtube]

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?

Himu

Someone started a thread for Himuro

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417930

clicked that link

oh shit

got my perma
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

you got perm'd? why/how

Himu

I told you homos I was logging in last night.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25253608&postcount=351

Read from there.

lmao It felt so good putting an end to my almost 6 year gaf "career" by calling out Koshiba on her bullshit.
IYKYK

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
yeah, but you're still going to obsessively lurk, so in the end your soul is still owned
sup

Himu

Correct!
IYKYK

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
fistbump for admitting it!
sup

Phoenix Dark

he'll be back eventually after begging another mod to give him a second chance

Himu

Haha
IYKYK

Himu

Man, this thread owns.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3377529

Boogie would like it.
IYKYK

Himu

I actually wasn't even expecting to get a perma for that. 6 month maybe. :lol The fact I got a perma is awesome.
IYKYK