Author Topic: FitnessBore - 2018 edition  (Read 816984 times)

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
Re: FitnessBore - 2012 edition
« Reply #4620 on: December 28, 2012, 12:38:24 PM »
even when i'm fucking around (like right now)
i'm still doing better than when i was doing the standard american diet

honestly, just dropping the wheat, rice, and beans was probably the most beneficial thing for me
Tonya

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #4621 on: December 28, 2012, 12:39:29 PM »
maybe try a month of that carb night program cormac linked, that way you don't get sketched out by eating corn and can enjoy fine non paleo things  if you dont like it after a month go bac?
USA

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #4622 on: December 28, 2012, 01:01:41 PM »
http://thenewinquiry.com/essays/naturals-not-in-it/

oh look an article today which brings to the fore a lot of the reasons i have ceased to identify as "paleo" for the most part

The Paleo preoccupation with what’s “natural” has even more troubling implications. Incomplete or flawed interpretations of our biology have long been used to marginalize women, racial groups, even entire civilizations, and nutrition may well become the next variant in this pattern of discrimination. If rice isn’t “natural,” does that make those entire continents with highly developed cultures who eat it “un-natural”? Doesn’t agriculture, however flawed it may be in certain societies, support billions of people? Let’s not forget that for centuries women were considered ineligible to participate in most professions, sports, and diversions on the basis of their supposed female “nature.” Are modern bread-eaters somehow less human than those carrying out “primal” urges by sprinting, lifting, and eating meat?

Some true believers take the “natural” argument even further by asserting that the centralized state, and all of its freedom-thwarting attributes, are a consequence of a grain-based agricultural society. The low-fi libertarian website LewRockwell.com features pages upon pages of articles about the Paleo lifestyle written in a rugged, conspiratorial tone. “It came to me like a revelation on my morning commute: Bread is a tool of the state,” writes one commentator. “The ‘staff of life,’ the very symbol of food itself, has become to me a symbol of the domestication of humankind. It has also suggested one more way I can work to strengthen the individual and weaken the state.”

(ha ha jesus i had no idea)

In October, the site’s founder Lew Rockwell himself observed the growing popularity of Paleo among younger Libertarians on the campaign trail. “When I spoke at the two Ron Paul events in Tampa, a young man kind enough to pick me up at the airport told me a fascinating story. The vast majority of young Ron volunteers in offices he visited all over the country were paleo. If a kid ordered pizza — which was always the primary or perhaps only campaign food — he was practically booed,” reads his blog.
Tonya

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #4623 on: December 28, 2012, 06:28:49 PM »
whoops

low carb guru jimmy moore went on david duke's podcast and featured david duke's blog as a new one to watch in his blog roll

claims to not know or care about david duke's views outside of his stances on nutrition

Paleo is a fringe philosophy and fringe philosophies attract all kinds of nutjobs, regardless of the content of the philosophy.
🍆🍆

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #4624 on: December 28, 2012, 11:18:11 PM »
I bought the Carb Nite Solution last night.  I'm going to be digging into it for the next few days and I'll try it out to jump-start my weightloss again.
WTF

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #4625 on: December 29, 2012, 11:37:21 PM »
yikes, and i thought the mda commentors were intolerable

i don't id as paleo for the same reasons, eric, although i largely adhere to the same basic principles

if anyone cares, i got to 175 from 232 over a year and a half, using paleo and a regular strength/cardio regimen (and a peronal trainer, because i am hollywood like that). i'm up to 182 in the last six months, but my body fat comp has actually lowered. size 36 pants to 32 feels good, man
duc

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #4626 on: December 30, 2012, 07:47:50 AM »
Lost 13 pounds the first week of getting back on the low carb/paleo wagon.  Dat water weight.

Also I'm going to be getting some kettlebells.  Due to crazy work schedules, I'm not sure that a gym subscription wouldn't go to waste.  Instead of just laying on the couch watching Netflix, I can get in a workout instead.  Plus I hate busy gyms :maf and the only times I'd be able to go would be when a lot of other people would show up.  All of those years of progress, gone :gloomy
🍆🍆

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #4627 on: January 02, 2013, 09:47:54 AM »
I'm heading back to the gym today for the first time in a month, and I'm also on my first day of CNS.  I read through the book pretty quickly (as a heads-up, the book isn't completely necessary unless you want the meal plans) and I think this first 10 days is going to be hell for me.  I'll get through it, but I already know the sluggishness and the IF that come along with it naturally are going to be killer.

But I'm curious as I leave for the gym.  Do any of you really worry about what you're wearing when you go to the gym?  I'm not talking about performance wise (i.e. wearing Vibrams vs. Nike Shocks or compression clothing) but actually the style which you present yourself in.  I go to the nicest gym my town has to offer, because it has the best/best variety of equipment.  Naturally, all the rich hillbillies have memberships there and they're all so friggin' stylish.  Their clothes are all Nike/Under Armor/Adidas/ect. and I feel inadequate sometimes around them.

I know that Cormac is going to point out that he's built a gym at home, thus he does not worry about the clothing he wears.  But having a gym membership is a mental thing for me as well.  I know that if I'm paying for it, I should use it, so I keep going.
WTF

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #4628 on: January 02, 2013, 10:05:40 AM »
I just read something about that subject last night  :lol

http://www.effortlessgent.com/what-girls-want-to-see-guys-wearing-in-the-gym/

check it oput
USA

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #4629 on: January 02, 2013, 10:21:12 AM »
I have a gym membership from work - I just don't use it much. When I do go, my main consideration is weight - I like stuff that is easy to stick in a bag on a crowded train. So I usually take Vibrams and super-breathable Nike stuff, pretty much all black. That is the extent of my gym style guide :lol
vjj

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4630 on: January 02, 2013, 10:34:06 AM »
I go to the gym at my job during lunch.  I see a lot of high level managers and execs there so I try to always have decent clothes.  But I don't give a shit about brands and "style".  I just make sure I don't look like a hobo has snuck onto the property.  I don't really care beyond that. 

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #4631 on: January 02, 2013, 10:36:53 AM »
I'm usually wearing a 10 year old t-shirt, some loose shorts and ankle socks. I'll wear a hoodie if I am doing squats. Little extra protection for that bar.

I work out late at night, so there are only 6-7 other people in the entire place. I'm more concerned about how I smell, rather than how I look.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #4632 on: January 02, 2013, 12:45:05 PM »
i wear track pants during rain/cold season and bogstandard adidas basketball shorts otherwise. t-shirt (dark colors), white ankle socks, and asics shoes. i'm not looking for ANY attention though.
duc

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #4633 on: January 02, 2013, 12:48:20 PM »
i just want to bring attention to you guys these glorious things which finally kiked me off paleo into I guess its now called "keto"

only like 4 net carbs a pita :bow .

and i dont know if its cuz i havent literally aten bread type product in a year or not but i get stuffed from eating just one :bow
USA

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #4634 on: January 02, 2013, 12:49:58 PM »
ps this thread is now 4 years old  :o
USA

Rman

« Reply #4635 on: January 02, 2013, 02:30:10 PM »
whoops

low carb guru jimmy moore went on david duke's podcast and featured david duke's blog as a new one to watch in his blog roll

claims to not know or care about david duke's views outside of his stances on nutrition

Paleo is a fringe philosophy and fringe philosophies attract all kinds of nutjobs, regardless of the content of the philosophy.

Paleo has a lot of libs in it.  A lot of them hated the Obama Health Care bill.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4636 on: January 02, 2013, 02:31:59 PM »
Nice.  I make my own tortillas from coconut flour.  Tastes just like regular flour tortillas but only around 20-25 calories around 1 gram of carbs and 4-5 grams of protein.  Add that with some of the harder cheeses and you've got yourself paleo friendly tacos.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #4637 on: January 02, 2013, 02:53:51 PM »
i wanted to try that, in fact I should try that. Does coconut flour taste like coconut or should I go for the almond flour?
USA

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4638 on: January 02, 2013, 02:58:27 PM »
i wanted to try that, in fact I should try that. Does coconut flour taste like coconut or should I go for the almond flour?
when cooked the coconut flour tastes just like all purpose flour.  almond flour leaves tortillas with a really thick consistency.  Too much like a cracker.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #4639 on: January 02, 2013, 03:02:17 PM »
ill have to pick some up tomorrow , what recipe do u use
USA

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4640 on: January 02, 2013, 03:35:54 PM »
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1314793

You can use this one.  I have modified mine for size and consistency and I eyeball my measurements.  But this is a good starting point.  Also, the nutrtional info on the side of that page is way off haha

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #4641 on: January 02, 2013, 06:29:36 PM »
whoops

Paleo has a lot of libs in it.  A lot of them hated the Obama Health Care bill.

Fringe philosophies aren't just limited to conservatism.  There's a bunch of bullshit homeopathic dumbfuckery that is embraced by liberals on the fringes for instance.
🍆🍆

« Reply #4642 on: January 03, 2013, 01:47:56 PM »
if I can deadlift 250 now, it is a reasonable goal to deadlift 400 by the end of the year?

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4643 on: January 03, 2013, 02:12:55 PM »
if I can deadlift 250 now, it is a reasonable goal to deadlift 400 by the end of the year?
That depends on too many factors to answer.  Your diet.  Your current size.  Your routine.  How much experience you have.  Your genetics. 

ToxicAdam

« Reply #4644 on: January 03, 2013, 02:26:12 PM »

I find that once you get into the higher weights on certain exercises it becomes more about technique than just raw strength. Stabilizing muscles have to grow and become acclimated along with the primary muscles doing the work. Plus there's a whole mental aspect of it.

For instance, my jump from 95-135 on the OHP was a piece of cake compared to my jump from 135-155.

On deadlifts my jump from 235->305 was easy compared to my jump from 305->345. In fact, I've never been able to pull 345 again since I did it in early December. Usually I stop around 315.

Although it should be noted that I am old and have a (sometimes) shitty attitude about lifting. Maybe you will be different.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 02:28:14 PM by ToxicAdam »

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #4645 on: January 03, 2013, 07:15:29 PM »
Yeah, if you're prepared to eat and not do a bunch of other training (i.e. triathlon training, Crossfit) you could theoretically do it in a couple of months if your body has that capacity. Some people are born to be strong and can continue a progressive loading strength program way longer than regular people. If you have been deadlifting for several years, say, and are still at only 250...it'll likely take much longer. There is a huge diff between doing max effort deadlifts and squats once or twice a month at a Crossfit gym and doing them every couple of days as part of Starting Strength or similar - you'll just be fried all the time. The CNS impact of consistent max effort work can be devastating so no matter how good the plan looks on paper, it may be tough to actually implement. Then again, you don't seem to lack willpower so go for it if you want. But you won't get good results unless you cut back on the other stuff I bet, and you'll have to be very smart with your eating.
vjj

« Reply #4646 on: January 04, 2013, 01:33:12 PM »
My deadlift was actually around 300 when I WAS doing crossfit. I haven't done it since I started school over the summer. So I'll ignore the subtle jabs at crossfit.

My training basically starting strength (plus some of the accessory exercises) 3-4 times a week. My diet is pretty good. Pretty much nothing but meat and veggies with a protein shake in the morning.

I'm still going to be training for endurance though so thats a huge drawback. I've got a marathon in February and then Triathlon team stuff after that throughout the year.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #4647 on: January 04, 2013, 01:33:46 PM »
Uggh, second(ish) day of low carb and i'm fucking dummmmmbbbb today.
___

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #4648 on: January 04, 2013, 01:39:51 PM »
it gets a lot easier

first week is rough then you start to balance out
Tonya

ToxicAdam

« Reply #4649 on: January 04, 2013, 01:50:28 PM »
Whenever I take a week off of doing legs, I get those first-timer DOMs again. Annoying.

« Reply #4650 on: January 04, 2013, 01:56:28 PM »
Whenever I take a week off of doing legs, I get those first-timer DOMs again. Annoying.

Happens to me to. In fact, I've found that if I try to rest an extra day because of it it wont go away. The only thing I can do to prevent it is to just do squats consecutively. But I also ride my back everyday so that might factor into it to.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #4651 on: January 04, 2013, 01:58:52 PM »
once you get past that first week it jsut becomes second nature. stick with it!
USA

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #4652 on: January 04, 2013, 03:23:58 PM »
Uggh, second(ish) day of low carb and i'm fucking dummmmmbbbb today.

I know the feeling.  I'm on day 4 of Carb Nite and I'm just an ass today.
WTF

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #4653 on: January 04, 2013, 08:13:25 PM »
I think in 2013, I'm going to get back into Brazilian Jiu-jitsu competition.  I've been training consistently for the past six months, after a couple of years of sporadic training due to injuries, being busy at work, and lack of motivation.

The first tournament of the year is coming up quick, too, January 19-20.

My main concern is weight.  I'm currently at 204 lbs.  The weight divisions for Gi (and you weigh in wearing the Gi, so add maybe five lbs to your body weight) are Heavyweight 195.1-208lbs, and  Medium-Heavy of 181.6 lbs to 195lbs.

Weigh-ins take place right before you step on the mat, I believe.  So I'm stuck in the 208lbs divison for now, but I'm not sure that's the best division for my size, there may be guys cutting weight to get in that division, etc.

In my ideal world, where I am more disciplined and focussed in my training, I would get down to the 195lbs division.  I know there's probably about 10 lbs of belly fat on me due to my lax weekend diet.  But I'm not sure if I can realistically shave 15lbs off to get to that division with my current training regimen.

Back in the day in college, before I knew anything about/did any proper strength training, they had a 175 lbs weight division, which I sailed under at about 173lbs. :lol

Perhaps I'll just have to rely on being the most sandbagging blue belt in all of the Greater Toronto Area.  :lol
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 08:22:57 PM by Boogie »
MMA

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #4654 on: January 04, 2013, 09:00:48 PM »
If you are eating 'normally' right now, 5-10lbs will come off in a week or two max if you go ultra low-carb. You shouldn't lose any muscle either, assuming you'll be getting plenty of protein. The water weight (probably 5lbs or so but maybe more) will go straight back on again as soon as you eat carbs again though. You may as well give it a shot. If you find it kills your training, you can just stay in the division you are in.
vjj

Rman

« Reply #4655 on: January 06, 2013, 02:58:21 PM »
Man, I hate the American holidays.  Gained 15 pounds.  Thank god it's over.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4656 on: January 06, 2013, 03:05:45 PM »
Luckily its mostly water weight. Switching back to a decent diet will get rid of it. I lost 5 lbs in days last week after the holidays ended.

yesterday I found the joy that is in n out protein style burgers. Fuck. Mmmmm

ToxicAdam

« Reply #4657 on: January 07, 2013, 11:18:03 AM »
DALLAS (AP) — Downsize Fitness is an exclusive health club, evocative of the nation's trendiest gyms. But there's a strict requirement to join: You must be 50 pounds or more overweight.

The chain wants its members to feel comfortable while exercising, so there are no mirrors inside and the windows are fogged. Even the equipment is designed for heavier people.

Chicago entrepreneur Francis Wisnewski says he started the gym because "I've been overweight my whole life, and I was embarrassed to go to the gym myself."

The first locations opened in Chicago and Las Vegas in 2011, and expanded to Dallas in 2012.

Gym member Janie Busch said she likes the supportive atmosphere.

Krisanne Hale, a personal trainer in Dallas, is still trying to lose weight. She says that helps members relate.

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/20519057/overweight-only-gym-fosters-supportive-atmosphere#ixzz2HJ4xGU5N

Awesome business model. Congratulations on using our facility to lose weight. Now GTFO.

« Reply #4658 on: January 07, 2013, 03:52:40 PM »
 :lol
How will other fatties be able to "support" you. Everyone wont know what their doing.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #4659 on: January 07, 2013, 04:45:53 PM »
I don't know, I think alot of people are afraid of being judged at the gym and getting in the already fit peoples way. So its kinda a good idea.
USA

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #4660 on: January 07, 2013, 07:43:41 PM »
I think fat trainers will be the next big thing. No judging! Cakes on the treadmill.
vjj

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #4661 on: January 07, 2013, 08:46:43 PM »
I think fat trainers will be the next big thing. No judging! Cakes on the treadmill.

Their trainers don't look fat.

http://www.downsizefitness.com/team.html
WTF

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #4662 on: January 07, 2013, 09:44:38 PM »
seriously, it's a fine idea and we shouldn't really make fun of it. It has a focus, unlike most people who go to the gym, and they seem to take nutritional advice seriously.
vjj

ToxicAdam

« Reply #4663 on: January 07, 2013, 10:14:46 PM »
I don't really believe feeling self-conscience is what keeps people from going to a gym. It's just an easy scapegoat, instead of saying you lack willpower or are willing to make the necessary sacrifices. If anything, it would be embarrassing for a man to admit you go to a gym where everyone has to be obese. It's just a red flag to everyone that you are overly sensitive.

--//--

This is funny:

http://www.google.com/trends/explore?hl=en-US#q=fitness
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:28:37 PM by ToxicAdam »

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #4664 on: January 07, 2013, 11:27:45 PM »
I don't really believe feeling self-conscience is what keeps people from going to a gym. It's just an easy scapegoat, instead of saying you lack willpower or are willing to make the necessary sacrifices. If anything, it would be embarrassing for a man to admit you go to a gym where everyone has to be obese. It's just a red flag to everyone that you are overly sensitive.

Don't take this as being mean or aggressive, but are you a fat person?  Are you as overweight as these people?

Because I am, and I can tell you that self-consciousness and low self-esteem are big factors that were hard for me to overcome when I first started going to the gym.  Even when I went to a gym in a small town that had less than 100 members, it was a hard thing to overcome.  EVERY TIME that I go to the gym I feel judged and I can see the stares coming from people more fit than I am.  I've heard the other people make fun of me when they thought I couldn't hear them.

It took a long time for me to learn to only focus on me when I'm there, keep my eyes focused on the task at hand, and keep my music turned up in my headphones.  Some people don't have the capacity to say, "Fuck those skinny assholes."

If I lived close to one of those gyms, I would totally join it. 

In other news, I'm on day 6 of Carb Nite and it's going pretty well.  Once I figured out that I could just eat extra meat instead of veggies, it all started to come together for me.  I'm not having hunger pains like I was at first, and I'm actually able to maintain well under 30 carbs a day now.  Feels good bros.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 11:30:36 PM by Groogrux »
WTF

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #4665 on: January 08, 2013, 12:28:52 AM »
bet you are ready for DAT CARB NITE tho :drool

(although mine aren't really that fun since I don't eat bread or pasta or drink beer :'(  - i do enjoy rice, potatoes and ice cream tho) .

Kiefer says somewhere that the people that get the most out of CNS/CBL (and by extension Paleo/low-carb regimes of any kind) are the ones who eat veggies proactively, and I agree. Batch-cooking the fuckers helps a lot. If you always have some cooked and in the fridge and ready to throw onto the side of a plate, you will never have hunger problems.

I made lamb burgers yesterday btw....filled them with minced garlic, gave them a spicy dry rub with garam masala and paprika and grilled 'em. Served on a bed of sauteed spinach with eggs on the side :drool
vjj

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #4666 on: January 08, 2013, 02:30:11 AM »
God that sounds good!  I am ready for my carb nite.  I don't get it until Friday though...  :(

I'll probably start off with a fairly healthy meal of meat and veggies, then work my way up to the fun stuff!
WTF

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #4667 on: January 08, 2013, 08:39:29 AM »
I really like the Minimus shoes.  I've tried several pairs on and I love the way they feel.  The only drawback for me is that I have wide (fat) feet so they look incredibly odd on me when I wear them.  I have thought about getting a pair to wear in the summer or to the gym when my Vibram FF's give out though.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've had my VFF's for over 3 years now and the only difference in them from when I bought them is that they have discolored from being ran through the wash a few times and there is quite a bit of lint in the velcro! I think I would have to manually tear these shoes before they gave out on me!
[close]

Mark Sisson's new book, The Primal Connection is coming out today.  Is anyone going to buy it?  I have to say that personally, I have been disappointed in some of his most recent books like the 21-Day Transformation and the PB 90 Day Journal.  But he says that this is in addition to the Primal Blueprint (i.e. it builds on the foundation already laid out).

WTF

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #4668 on: January 08, 2013, 08:44:28 AM »
The last two books have been entry level books.  I thought that this one was going to be a bit more advanced, kind of speaking to people who are already dialed in.  I don't know that I'll buy it as I'm doing pretty well w/ everything.
Tonya

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #4669 on: January 08, 2013, 09:00:08 AM »
It seems to be a collection of his new-agey lifestyle ideas (play, get outdoors/in touch with nature/sleep etc) rather than anything of direct interest to the diet or exercise crowd. I find that stuff interesting on the whole but not really in a rush to read a whole book of it. I would love to be able to live the kind of lifestyle he espouses but I'm already doing as much as I reasonably can.
vjj

ToxicAdam

« Reply #4670 on: January 08, 2013, 09:06:24 AM »

Don't take this as being mean or aggressive, but are you a fat person?  Are you as overweight as these people?

I have been overweight, but I didn't grow up that way. So, I guess I never really self-identified as a fat person. So, you are right .. I don't really know how it is to have that stigma hanging over you.

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #4671 on: January 08, 2013, 09:09:17 AM »
The last two books have been entry level books.  I thought that this one was going to be a bit more advanced, kind of speaking to people who are already dialed in.  I don't know that I'll buy it as I'm doing pretty well w/ everything.

I think you're right about the 21DT, and mostly about the Journal too.  However, the journal was supposed to have new stuff in it, which turned out to only be the personal experiments (which were a bust) and was really poorly constructed.  I've said it before in other places, the 21DT and the Journal should have been combined into one book, and the journal should have an electronic format available (i.e. app or website).

It seems to be a collection of his new-agey lifestyle ideas (play, get outdoors/in touch with nature/sleep etc) rather than anything of direct interest to the diet or exercise crowd. I find that stuff interesting on the whole but not really in a rush to read a whole book of it. I would love to be able to live the kind of lifestyle he espouses but I'm already doing as much as I reasonably can.

I think Sisson and his team have this vain idea that everyone is able to live the lifestyle that he does.  We don't all work from home in a warm sunny place like Malibu and have big backyards to go toss a frisbee around in until our heart's are content. 

The book was originally touted as a new-age lifestyle book, but he later said it was going to be like an addition to the original PB.  I think I'll wait a long time to read this, if I do at all.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:14:41 AM by Groogrux »
WTF

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #4672 on: January 08, 2013, 09:19:28 AM »
oh, blergh

yeah that stuff isn't really applicable to me.

Tonya

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #4673 on: January 08, 2013, 09:38:07 AM »
Buying those new minimus because last years where the greatest shoes I ever wore. Also you guys should keep a eye on MYHABIT Amazons private sale site invite only (heres my invites )as they had some cheap exercise equipment / apparel for super sale along with extra good fashion.

Glad CN is working for you though Groogrux. :)

I'm almost at the point where I need to consider if I should revert from low carb to a low calorie as i'm almost done losing fat and now to bulk up. Maybe i'll try that Carb Back Loading.
USA

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #4674 on: January 09, 2013, 02:31:21 AM »
fuck nature
duc

Oblivion

« Reply #4675 on: January 09, 2013, 02:44:36 AM »
Question: It's sorta weird, but when I do pushups, my stomach starts hurting. In fact, that's the main thing that tires me out, otherwise I could probably do another 20 from what I'm doing right now easily.

Do you have to breathe a certain way when doing pushups? I think that may be it. And no, I don't do pushups right after I eat. This tends to happen even when I do them on an empty stomach.

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #4676 on: January 09, 2013, 07:17:25 AM »
Well, pushups do engage a lot of stabilizer muscles in your stomach when you perform them.  If it's muscle groups that you haven't engaged regularly before now, that may be the cause of the pain.

When it comes to breathing, I would assume that the best way to do it would be to exhale on the way up and inhale on your way back to the ground.  There is a lot of debate in the muscle building community on whether holding your breath (holding an inhaled breath) while doing a repetition of something has the same effect or is detrimental, but I still hold my breath when I do a "push" motion.
WTF

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #4677 on: January 09, 2013, 08:38:25 PM »
Week-ish now low carb and besides my body seemingly switching to burning brain tissue for fuel it's going okay.

I did just make some pancakes with some almond meal I'd gotten and... I think I'm going to cry
___

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #4678 on: January 11, 2013, 12:13:59 AM »
Today, I saw a 155lb Asian dude full squat 275lb 5 times easy

He looked just like a normal dude, with sub-Jeremy Lin musculature

Now I feel like a wimp

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #4679 on: January 11, 2013, 12:38:26 AM »
Beast!

Some people are just naturally strong.

How many reps?  Even 1 is very impressive though.