Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3055491 times)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #18240 on: September 07, 2017, 06:37:13 PM »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #18241 on: September 07, 2017, 08:34:29 PM »
I mean, why the hell not? But they need to be wary of Beth. Beth went after Doom: The Rogue-like to make them change it into DRL.

bluemax

« Reply #18242 on: September 08, 2017, 03:10:29 AM »
https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/905777178826166274

I missed the VR part when I saw this earlier. Wonder if they're gonna cut out all the pointless driving segments?
NO

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #18243 on: September 08, 2017, 08:10:09 AM »
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-08-youtubers-escape-fine-for-promoting-csgo-lotto-site-they-secretly-owned

TmarTn and Syndicate both encouraged their audience to plough money into gambling website CSGOLoto.com, while failing to disclose they were in fact the site's owners.
The pair paid other YouTube influencers between $2500 and $55,000 to do the same, under instruction they not say anything negative about the site. (The FTC did not disclose which influencers were paid this money.)

The case sparked outrage last summer when CS:GO Lotto's true ownership was uncovered. It's taken until now for the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to make its judgement. And what a judgement. TmarTn and Syndicate do not need to admit any culpability and will face no penalty for their past actions.

The fuck

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #18244 on: September 08, 2017, 08:30:22 AM »
they paid people 55k for advertising? good lord how much money did the site bring in
pcp

Raist

« Reply #18245 on: September 08, 2017, 08:47:00 AM »
they paid people 55k for advertising? good lord how much money did the site bring in

A fuckload. There was also a ton of evidence that they were rigging it whenever they were making the advertising videos.

That's one of these cunts' house.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #18246 on: September 08, 2017, 10:26:25 AM »
Have you guys seen this Dean Takahashi Cuphead "gameplay" video? It's kinda old, but I just saw it last night and holy crap. :neogaf It makes Polygon's Doom video look like a AGDQ Sizzle Reel. It's like he started the recording, went to the bathroom, and then his cat jumped on the desk and started batting the controller around. His defense is that the game is just really tough you guys, but come on. There's tough games and then there's "oh no baby, what is you doing?"

This guy sucks at games so hard
What

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #18247 on: September 08, 2017, 10:33:10 AM »
Dean knows Silicon Valley like nobody else and sees ahead of the crowd what's coming in the technology industry. He can pick apart most new technology developments with savvy and expertise. He's a reliable veteran who can be trusted and is a valuable team player and mentor to others.

benjipwns

« Reply #18248 on: September 08, 2017, 11:04:00 AM »
I read his two books on making of the Xbox and Xbox 360, not only were they kinda poorly written (i suspect they were originally individual articles turned into chapters), they were poorly sourced and mostly just summarized publicly known information that he credited to his own interviews which consisted of him asking the people about those same things and them reconfirming it. IIRC, they also had quite a few basic factual inaccuracies. And I want to say in the first one he completely ignored Ed Fries, who was given the soul crushing task of finding first-party content and exclusives like six months after he should have been and with few resources and a requirement to not grab any PC ports, and yet he still pulled off stealing Bungie AND saved Crimson Skies twice. (No, I am not biased solely because of the latter. It totally makes up for Nightcaster, Blood Wave, Azurik, Amped, etc.)

I remember the first book basically being about how Seamus Blackley built the entire Xbox himself and spending pages upon pages on discussing failed controller prototypes without ever talking about what the end result was. (One of my favorite unconfirmed stories about this was that the controller was part of yet another Microsoft Turf War, the Sidewinder group was basically dismissed from assisting for no clear reason, early dev kits shipped with a Hammerhead controller.)

Game Over continues to be the only good video game mass market history ever published probably. :lol

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #18249 on: September 08, 2017, 02:48:59 PM »
Dean is a hack confirmed
What

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #18250 on: September 08, 2017, 04:15:25 PM »
It's okay guys. Dean has written a piece on this that is definitely not self-pity and 100% not for clicks. Also it's the fault of Gamergate and Donald Trump for him being bad at games.
Another game journalist (and some say “shitlord”) saw my video. He clipped it to the 2.5 minutes of the most damning inept gameplay, and he posted it to his followers. He used me to condemn all game journalists, raising the smoldering issues around Gamergate and its focus on game journalism ethics. His post was political propaganda for the disenfranchised gamers, the sort who went from Gamergate to the alt-right and elected Donald Trump as president

Also this is actually a greater issue and he's just posting video to represent the folks out there who aren't good at games (of course he doesn't point out that these people also aren't paid professionals, but eh)
Guess what? Unskillful gaming is authentic.

Here’s where my nonapology starts. Gamers need to stop being mean to those who aren’t skillful. They don’t need to put others down to elevate their own subculture. Games have gone viral. They’re more popular than ever, reaching 2 billion people around the world. They have become a $108 billion industry. It’s silly to look down on games.

Luckily it's all good because other games writers defended him so fuck all the haters, bro
My fellow journalists have come to my defense. Minotti mentioned that I broke a story on Blizzard canceling Titan (even if he slightly misremembered it). Kat Bailey of US Gamer pointed out that I wrote that Xbox 360 defects story. Brian Fargo, the CEO of InXile and the personality in gaming that I have covered longer than anyone, said, “I don’t like them picking on our Dean!”

https://venturebeat.com/2017/09/08/the-deanbeat-our-cuphead-runneth-over/

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #18251 on: September 08, 2017, 04:59:42 PM »
okami hd port announced for ps4, xb1, and pc

another chance to play a classic
pcp

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #18252 on: September 08, 2017, 05:40:46 PM »
great game, but probably the longest game ever

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #18253 on: September 08, 2017, 08:02:28 PM »
:shrug i finished it and still wanted more

too bad we'll never get okami 2 :(

it's also kind of funny bc compared to a lot of games nowadays, it's not really that long. last time i played it took me like 70 hours to 100% it, and i think the main quest is like 40 hours alone. just feels a lot longer bc of it being divided into three separate stories.
pcp

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #18254 on: September 08, 2017, 08:26:46 PM »
Okamiden was pretty fun if you've never played that. There's not a lot of new mechanics or anything but it's a cute, fun game in the same style and plays really well on the DS. Also about half as long if that makes a difference.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #18255 on: September 08, 2017, 08:30:01 PM »
yep i got it. shame it didn't really change anything up but it was still a lot of fun. also it was amazing how they managed to scale down the areas for ds.
pcp

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #18256 on: September 09, 2017, 10:22:10 AM »
I liked Okamiden fine, I just really wish they had developed it for the 3DS instead of the DS. It was released just a few weeks before the 3DS launch in the US so it was super late in the DS lifecycle anyway.

Going back to those DS 3D games now.

:dayum

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #18257 on: September 09, 2017, 11:53:05 AM »
http://www.ancient.co.jp/~game/mamotte_knight2/

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #18258 on: September 09, 2017, 12:33:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/905777178826166274

I can't believe that Rockstar is still beating on that mystery about a dead horse.

Rockstar can ALMOST do no wrong in my book. I was unhappy-ish with GTA IV, but still played a bunch of it. The add-ons redeemed it. Table Tennis is even a decent game. But LA Snoire is just horrible; it's the result of jumping into full production before you've got your gameplay figured out.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #18260 on: September 09, 2017, 10:37:11 PM »
Okamiden was pretty fun if you've never played that. There's not a lot of new mechanics or anything but it's a cute, fun game in the same style and plays really well on the DS. Also about half as long if that makes a difference.

I remember they were giving a chibiterasu plushie if you reserved it. :uguu
^_^

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #18261 on: September 10, 2017, 06:01:25 AM »
Other guy should have been the main character. The really grizzly serial killer (dead woman in an alley?) and the vice cases are all I remember. Interesting game but a sloppy and inconsistent execution. I think a sequel with some polish could have been great since they didn't have to spend so much time on the tech again.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #18262 on: September 10, 2017, 06:24:02 PM »
I disliked it so much, and was so disappointed, somewhere I've got a full write-up of everything they did wrong, just as a mental exercise. The short version is that the game itself is internally inconsistent. Gorgeous, insane production values, but the core gameplay is forensic investigation and interviewing suspects. The former is crippled by R*'s fascination with Euphoria middleware, with basic character navigation causing player stress, and the latter by changing core player-choices after the content has been created. There was an article or Reddit AMA or a postmortem that confirmed what I'd guessed: the three categories are inconsistent because the developer changed their minds, but too late to re-do content.

Which is a whine, and nothing more. I wanted to like it. I'm glad that you did, Wrath.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #18263 on: September 10, 2017, 07:49:19 PM »
I really wanted to like it, but it frustrated me to no end. I loved the setting, but the story was so off-the-chain dumb and hammy and the gameplay so mindless that I just wound up cheesing through the last third of the game with a guide because the 'loop' bored the shit out of me. I'm not surprised they're trying to squeeze a few bucks out of it though, didn't Rockstar take a hit on it? I know they immediately shut down Team Bondi because development was such a nightmare.

I wonder whatever happened to Agent.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18264 on: September 10, 2017, 08:54:41 PM »
I picked it up pretty cheap well after the hype and backlash had died down, ended up enjoying it well enough. Not a great game by any means, but it had a great atmosphere and I liked the focus on detective work over action. But I did use a guide for the interrogation scenes, as I'd heard that they were really wonky and tended to be frustrating.
dog

bluemax

« Reply #18265 on: September 10, 2017, 10:10:40 PM »
https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/906941519780732928

Who among us, hasn't casually said something racist when playing a game!

I mean, I for one haven't but apparently it is totally okay!
NO

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #18266 on: September 10, 2017, 10:33:15 PM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #18267 on: September 10, 2017, 10:51:07 PM »
https://twitter.com/DwarfFortBugs

This account just tweets Dwarf Fortress bugs. It's pretty great.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #18268 on: September 11, 2017, 01:04:17 AM »

Honestly, neither have I. While I don't believe like GAF seems to think that you're either racist or your not. It's a bit more complex then that. Using the n word like that is a pretty deliberate thing. Also the guy should be well aware he's live to millions. Kind of should be careful what you say.

But I did say it once when I was kid and angry at a black kid. I said it, it was terrible. Yet, it was no accident even when I was angry. I had bad thoughts and the word manifested those thoughts. So there's no real defense for him I think. I did'nt have one when I was 11.

benjipwns

« Reply #18269 on: September 11, 2017, 01:23:42 AM »
When I was like 11 I called some kid a taco for some scuffle. The actual word.

Of course, ever since I started posting on the Bore I say taco constantly online with some people I know. Though it's always taco. In fact none of these are being autofiltered. I post it a lot on here too. Like "look at this taco."

Even picked up "fuckin cac" and got yelled at by a GAF mod. :lol  Though can't get that one trending with my white friends for some reason.

Though I can't remember the last time I've ever yelled anything at someone playing a game though. Do you guys do this in MP? I don't even mean racist stuff or whatever like this, just any ol shit you see or hear in chat. I wonder if it's because I grew up where MP was either with friends in the room or before voice chat was really common.

Probably said stuff to myself that was like directed at them really like "why is nobody getting on the fucking point" or "FUCKERS PUSH LEETLE CART" or whatever. Though with Titanfall 2 I mainly just say "oh my god this game is fucking amazing, that was so awesome, oh my god how did I do that" and such.

FatalT

« Reply #18270 on: September 11, 2017, 01:29:22 AM »

Honestly, neither have I. While I don't believe like GAF seems to think that you're either racist or your not. It's a bit more complex then that. Using the n word like that is a pretty deliberate thing. Also the guy should be well aware he's live to millions. Kind of should be careful what you say.

But I did say it once when I was kid and angry at a black kid. I said it, it was terrible. Yet, it was no accident even when I was angry. I had bad thoughts and the word manifested those thoughts. So there's no real defense for him I think. I did'nt have one when I was 11.

Not even as a joke? This shit was hilarious to me 11 years ago and still is.

Or even:

Or even:

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 01:37:04 AM by FatalT »

benjipwns

« Reply #18271 on: September 11, 2017, 03:11:50 AM »
how did i not know this port had these :rofl

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #18272 on: September 11, 2017, 08:59:11 AM »
Though I can't remember the last time I've ever yelled anything at someone playing a game though. Do you guys do this in MP? I don't even mean racist stuff or whatever like this, just any ol shit you see or hear in chat. I wonder if it's because I grew up where MP was either with friends in the room or before voice chat was really common.
I never use a mic, but I can be a sarcastic "tryhard" in Dirty Bomb text chat. I'll type something like "keep running into the death tunnel, this time they won't kill you," well aware of how foolish and pointless it is, but I do it anyway. Usually a sign to stop playing for the day.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #18273 on: September 11, 2017, 01:10:56 PM »
video-game-journalism-2017.jpg

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #18274 on: September 11, 2017, 02:13:56 PM »
This is the Dark Souls of games journalism.
©@©™

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #18275 on: September 11, 2017, 09:20:32 PM »
Still gray is distinguished mentally-challenged.
Hi

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #18276 on: September 12, 2017, 01:20:35 PM »

http://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/nintendo-confirms-waluigi-uncircumcised-reason/

:picard

spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Also, remember Shy Guys?” he added. “None of them have any gag reflexes. So you could really go to town if you wanted.”

:holeup
[close]

edit: Oh wait... is this the onion for video games? Fuck man.  :doge

edit2: You can tell I haven't had much sleep when I legit believe some Nintendo big wig started spouting this stuff.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 04:22:49 PM by Atramental »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18277 on: September 12, 2017, 02:03:42 PM »
:heh
dog

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #18278 on: September 12, 2017, 03:24:29 PM »
thatgamecompany finally reveal their new game and...

Timed iOS Exclusive.

:six:

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #18279 on: September 12, 2017, 04:25:40 PM »
oh man playing without a controller will really be difficult considering the amount of precision their games usually require
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #18280 on: September 12, 2017, 06:31:09 PM »
oh man playing without a controller will really be difficult considering the amount of precision their games usually require

:teehee

I like their games and am bummed its not on a console tho

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #18281 on: September 12, 2017, 06:37:34 PM »
i'm sure it'll get ported sooner rather than later. they've had plenty of experience with playstation already, after all. it's just that people who refuse to game on phones are getting about as annoying as nintendo port beggars to me
pcp

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #18282 on: September 12, 2017, 07:35:49 PM »
i can imagine the apple ecosystem being pretty conducive for a TGC game, but i think in reality it will sell like shit because the majority of iDevice users are cheap luddites with no taste
◕‿◕

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #18283 on: September 13, 2017, 10:20:59 PM »

:lol

it's just that people who refuse to game on phones are getting about as annoying as nintendo port beggars to me

They're far more annoying and incredibly ignorant on what's possible with a mobile device. At least with the Nintendo port beggars you have a vocal minority who are willing to purchase your game.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #18284 on: September 14, 2017, 12:01:59 AM »
it's funny because you see more big budget games like overwatch and ffxv taking cues from mobile by having free content updates, limited time events, and gatcha stuff, all of which significantly prolongs the life of the game. yet there's this group of gamers that fucking howls at all of this and swears that that's its all some kind of ripoff or sleight against them. really obnoxious.
pcp

« Reply #18285 on: September 14, 2017, 12:32:50 AM »
Divinity: Original Sin 2's coming out tomorrow later today, friends.

Had a lot of fun playing the campaign in co-op in the first one, and this one's looking even better.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #18286 on: September 14, 2017, 10:35:55 PM »
konami just put haunted castle, the shitty arcade reimagining of castlevania 1, up for sale on psn. they want $8 for it. what the fuck are you doing konami
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #18287 on: September 16, 2017, 09:22:22 AM »
pcp

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #18288 on: September 17, 2017, 10:56:08 PM »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
^_^

chronovore

• relapsed dev

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #18292 on: September 19, 2017, 05:17:37 AM »
final fantasy 9 PS4

fat

Raist

« Reply #18293 on: September 19, 2017, 06:47:44 AM »
 :noah

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #18294 on: September 19, 2017, 08:30:42 AM »
Who says Japanese game dev is dead? It's clearly undead, as the games from dead systems keep returning.

Raist

« Reply #18295 on: September 19, 2017, 08:35:32 AM »
Who says Japanese game dev is dead? It's clearly undead, as the games from dead systems keep returning.

Speaking of.

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #18296 on: September 19, 2017, 08:49:05 AM »

They need to recoup their losses from Last Guardian some way.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18297 on: September 19, 2017, 10:40:01 AM »

WALK AND RUN TO THE RIGHT

AND SOMETIMES TO THE LEFT
ど助平

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #18298 on: September 19, 2017, 10:44:17 AM »
Anime Dark Souls is actually looking kinda sweet.

zzzzz

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #18299 on: September 19, 2017, 10:45:15 AM »

WALK AND RUN TO THE RIGHT

AND SOMETIMES TO THE LEFT

lol what the fuck is this? a slightly interactive visual novel?
pcp