Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3055520 times)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #21420 on: March 20, 2019, 09:28:34 AM »
Please include a toggle for the chromatic abberation... Even the thumbnail looks out of focus thanks to that shit.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #21421 on: March 20, 2019, 11:06:52 AM »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #21422 on: March 20, 2019, 11:25:11 AM »

Reminds me of From Dust, Éric Chahi's last game.

kingv

« Reply #21423 on: March 20, 2019, 12:12:00 PM »
From dust was a weird game.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21425 on: March 20, 2019, 01:44:13 PM »
:nope
dog

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #21426 on: March 20, 2019, 02:15:30 PM »
 :goty :goty2

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #21427 on: March 20, 2019, 02:18:10 PM »
Pirate city here I come!
What

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #21428 on: March 20, 2019, 05:48:26 PM »
Quote from: era
Sony games on PC Microsoft games on the Switch Google trying to take over consoles Epic trying to dethrone Steam in the PC space wtf is going on in this industry!

Heh, true.

The Battle Royale fad lives on.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #21429 on: March 21, 2019, 12:45:50 AM »
Quote from: era
Sony games on PC Microsoft games on the Switch Google trying to take over consoles Epic trying to dethrone Steam in the PC space wtf is going on in this industry!

Heh, true.

The Battle Royale fad lives on.

Later:

Apex Legends is now Google Stadia exclusive, but only on the Epic's Stadia storefront.
©@©™

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #21430 on: March 21, 2019, 10:56:43 PM »
Bloodlines 2 supposedly maybe being announced on this stream in an hour I guess?
https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

i guess paradox accidentally let out a link to a bloodlines 2 discord and people joined it :lol

i loved bloodlines but doesn't paradox make universe spanning strategy games mostly?

nachobro

• Live Más

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #21432 on: March 21, 2019, 11:31:32 PM »
I remember the original Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines for having the most early-2000s boxart ever.
^_^

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #21433 on: March 21, 2019, 11:34:05 PM »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #21434 on: March 21, 2019, 11:34:25 PM »
Who's develping it? Bloodlines was absolutely magical, i doubt they'll be able to capture the vibe again, without the early 2000s edgyness, but i can certainly hope.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #21435 on: March 21, 2019, 11:47:53 PM »
Hardsuit Labs is certainly an interesting choice.

Oh wow, I didn't even know they shutdown Blacklight: Retribution. (Though it was pretty much dead last I looked, the entire reason they started the company was to keep it up.)

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #21437 on: March 22, 2019, 12:12:11 AM »
Graphics lookin pretty decent. :obama

I'm not expecting much tbh, but a vampire rpg is such a rarity.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
People on /v/ already freaking out about it being more "political" or whatever, this one will rustle some jimmies on one side of the fence or the other... or both.  :mynicca
[close]

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #21438 on: March 22, 2019, 09:37:48 AM »

Reminds me of From Dust, Éric Chahi's last game.
From dust was a weird game.

I fucking loved From Dust. Clever, different, gorgeous.

Yeah, the tribal characters defo gave me a similar vibe.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #21439 on: March 22, 2019, 10:00:01 AM »

People on /v/ already freaking out about it being more "political" or whatever, this one will rustle some jimmies on one side of the fence or the other... or both.  :mynicca
[close]

You think that's actual gameplay?  :sabu

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #21440 on: March 22, 2019, 12:47:25 PM »

[close]

You think that's actual gameplay?  :sabu
I'm talking about the screenshots on steam, not the cg trailer. :beli

Bebpo

« Reply #21441 on: March 22, 2019, 09:36:00 PM »
Do I need to play Far Cry 5 to get the most out of New Dawn? Like is a lot of the enjoyment from seeing the same locations hundreds of years later in the post-apocalypse and seeing how characters and events have now turned to legends and mythos?

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #21442 on: March 23, 2019, 07:05:37 AM »
Do I need to play Far Cry 5 to get the most out of New Dawn? Like is a lot of the enjoyment from seeing the same locations hundreds of years later in the post-apocalypse and seeing how characters and events have now turned to legends and mythos?
I only played FC5. but i really doubt it.
The characters and locations aren't all that compelling.

BikeJesus

« Reply #21443 on: March 24, 2019, 04:30:16 AM »

New Dawn takes place 17 years after Far Cry 5.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #21444 on: March 24, 2019, 07:17:31 PM »
nintendo should have made a new 2D kid icarus instead of that 3D crapfest they put out. imagine if they had made super kid icarus, just give us a 16-bit platforming adventure goddamnit  :stahp

Bebpo

« Reply #21445 on: March 24, 2019, 08:54:40 PM »

Oh, interesting. The world looks so different I thought it was way in the future like Fallout.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21446 on: March 24, 2019, 10:51:50 PM »
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #21447 on: March 25, 2019, 12:13:57 AM »
RIP Super Best Friends
©@©™

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #21448 on: March 25, 2019, 09:13:45 AM »
So here's a funny story

Played some Xbox over the weekend on my new softmod. Installed all my games (~53 or so) and moved over some games from my other console. One of these was [The Suffering: Ties That Bind] the sequel to the CLASSIC The Suffering (its actually pretty meh now but)

I was testing the game out, and when I tried to view the "Archives" (basically like LORE nuggets to read) and the console would hard lock. I'm like what the fuck, is my disc bad or what. So I put the disc into my unmodified unit and the game worked just fine. So I'm like ok, it must be my rip or console. My google-fu led me nowhere and I was getting sad because fuck me I wanted to eventually play this game.

Last night on a whim I google again and come across a post on IGN from 2007 where apparently there was a shipped bug with this game where if you [ran the game at 480p] (a rarity back then) the game would actually hard lock when viewing the Archives. I bolted out of bed and immediately disabled all HD settings and fired the game up - sure enough, no hard crashes when viewing the books.

What the fuck, who ships this kind of bug LMAO
fat

benjipwns

« Reply #21449 on: March 25, 2019, 09:59:22 AM »
nobody will run it in HD except weirdos! ship it!

though that seems like it would have tripped one of Microsoft's automatic checks, maybe they gave up on those HD resolutions at some point in the Xbox life

they recently re-released these for PC not too log ago, wonder if it had that problem, reading on GOG it seems it had Starforce so it may have had a bigger problem for many users

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #21450 on: March 25, 2019, 10:13:05 AM »
Also despite supporting 720p and 1080i, hardly any games actually used it. So I just disabled both and leave it on 480p instead.

https://old.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/wiki/list_of_xbox_games_with_alternate_display_modes
fat

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #21451 on: March 25, 2019, 10:18:54 AM »
I remember playing Enter the Matrix in 1080i and feeling like a god. :rejoice
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #21452 on: March 25, 2019, 10:30:30 AM »
list reminds me there was a developer on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory who posted somewhere, about how they spent time making it run at 60fps in 720p just because the rest of doing it was so depressing and they were just waiting on the levels to be made or something

here's a dude flailing around for three minutes unable to determine what he's supposed to be doing

though it seems that's on emulation on 360 maybe as it's certainly not 60fps and you can see the invisible overlay for the HUD

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #21453 on: March 25, 2019, 10:32:11 AM »
oh god, the face in the thumbnail
©@©™

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #21454 on: March 25, 2019, 01:57:58 PM »
So, Bethesda's giving away Morrowing for TES' 25th anniversary. I thought I'd use the opportunity to check out their launcher.
After looking at the spinning Bethesda logo for a couple minutes (thought I'd give it the time it needs), I am now looking at a blank, dark grey windows. Good first impressions. :itagaki

2nd attempt. Allocates about 500MB of memory, 4-6% CPU activity and some minor network activity, with no indication of what's going on. Good job, guys. Let's see how long this goes on for.

And dead again. :doge

Third time's the charm. :heh

Unable to verify credentials. Their servers are buckling under people wanting to grab a free copy of Morrowind? :dead
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 02:22:19 PM by Rufus »

Svejk

« Reply #21455 on: March 25, 2019, 02:45:55 PM »
oh god, the face in the thumbnail
Ceiling boy is watching you.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21456 on: March 25, 2019, 04:22:18 PM »
So, Bethesda's giving away Morrowing for TES' 25th anniversary. I thought I'd use the opportunity to check out their launcher.
After looking at the spinning Bethesda logo for a couple minutes (thought I'd give it the time it needs), I am now looking at a blank, dark grey windows. Good first impressions. :itagaki

2nd attempt. Allocates about 500MB of memory, 4-6% CPU activity and some minor network activity, with no indication of what's going on. Good job, guys. Let's see how long this goes on for.

And dead again. :doge

Third time's the charm. :heh

Unable to verify credentials. Their servers are buckling under people wanting to grab a free copy of Morrowind? :dead

I keep getting an "Invalid Code" error.
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #21457 on: March 25, 2019, 07:32:44 PM »
list reminds me there was a developer on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory who posted somewhere, about how they spent time making it run at 60fps in 720p just because the rest of doing it was so depressing and they were just waiting on the levels to be made or something

here's a dude flailing around for three minutes unable to determine what he's supposed to be doing

though it seems that's on emulation on 360 maybe as it's certainly not 60fps and you can see the invisible overlay for the HUD
This looks just like Epic Mickey  :lol
🤴

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #21458 on: March 25, 2019, 10:31:21 PM »
I keep getting an "Invalid Code" error.
Yeah, servers were getting hammered. There's no appropriate error message for it. It eventually worked for me. Was redeeming through the client, but that shouldn't make a difference.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21459 on: March 25, 2019, 10:51:05 PM »
I finally got through
dog

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #21460 on: March 26, 2019, 01:50:53 AM »

Karl Jobst
1 month ago
You are a bunch of legends

DefaultWhiteGuy
1 month ago
you can’t pin your own comment that’s not fair

Karl Jobst
1 month ago
i'll pin you in a minute

choose282
choose282
1 month ago
Maybe the true legend was the friends we made along the way

Svejk

« Reply #21461 on: March 26, 2019, 09:42:59 AM »
I finally got through
It won't even let me make a Bethesda account.  :fbm

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #21462 on: March 26, 2019, 11:08:54 AM »

Oh, interesting. The world looks so different I thought it was way in the future like Fallout.

Spoiler for end of FC5

One of the endings has the cult using a nuke to blow up the county.  ND takes place after that.
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #21463 on: March 26, 2019, 11:06:42 PM »
Bethesda.net Launcher is hilariously garbage. It's really come a long way if you saw it six months ago, but they still break it every few updates so it won't connect to the servers. And like almost literally everything still opens a webpage in your browser instead of being displayed in the client. I'm still kinda baffled what the point even is because they don't really seem truly invested in it at all. Apparently they even forgot to push out a Quake Champions update a couple months back to its users, they only sent it on Steam. :lol

They should let you activate existing keys on it now that they finally got all the games on it. EA and Ubisoft both have this for darn near everything, seems like the one thing publishers should do since nobody's going to rebuy that old crap, especially not on sale.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 11:11:22 PM by benjipwns »

Svejk

« Reply #21464 on: March 27, 2019, 03:13:56 PM »
Bethesda is pissing me off.  I can't even make an account.   And I just got to download the TES: Blades Early Access too.    :rage

Edit:  Apparently it was incapable notifying me that the user name I was trying to use was already taken.  Thanks for the heads up, Bethesda.  :doge   Aaaaand now it won't download the launcher.  :doge :doge  Such a sweet experience so far.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 03:33:04 PM by Svejk »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #21465 on: March 27, 2019, 03:16:50 PM »
I made a Bethesda.NET account so I could play Fallout 76. Talk about a double fail whammy.  :fbm
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21466 on: March 27, 2019, 04:29:58 PM »
8-bit Ninja Gaiden-style action game Cyber Shadow announced:

Following a tease earlier this month, publisher Yacht Club Games and developer Mechanical Head Studios have announced Cyber Shadow, a new ninja action platformer coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC. A release date has yet to be announced, but it will cost $14.99.
ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #21467 on: March 28, 2019, 01:04:00 AM »
Will get

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #21468 on: March 28, 2019, 01:09:39 AM »

:doge

bluemax

« Reply #21469 on: March 28, 2019, 01:55:01 AM »
8-bit Ninja Gaiden-style action game Cyber Shadow announced:

Following a tease earlier this month, publisher Yacht Club Games and developer Mechanical Head Studios have announced Cyber Shadow, a new ninja action platformer coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC. A release date has yet to be announced, but it will cost $14.99.

Been following the dev on twitter for awhile, the pixel art in this is pure sex.
NO

Svejk

« Reply #21470 on: March 28, 2019, 11:39:19 PM »
Supposedly, George R. R. Martin and Miyazaki have teamed up and are making some medieval, open world RPG.  :o. Holy Shit if true!

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/dark-souls-game-of-thrones-anybody-george-rr-martin-and-fromsoftware-have-apparently-teamed-up-to-work-on-a-new-game/

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #21471 on: March 29, 2019, 06:15:05 AM »
Raped Souls
Inbred Souls
Never going to finish the fucking book series Souls.

Bebpo

« Reply #21472 on: March 30, 2019, 12:11:05 AM »
Just wanna post some good Fata Morgana music   :P

Bebpo

« Reply #21473 on: March 30, 2019, 01:13:45 AM »

You all see the new Sakura Wars trailer?
Valkyria Chronicles team. MECHA SRPG ACTION IS BACK.

Actually looks pretty solid. Like there's a real budget. I skipped VC4 but will give this a play.

(not my picture)

I own this and I've still never played any of these games more than like 20 mins. I never had the patience for visual novels until like ten years ago, so I'd try each of these and try to skip all the talking to get to the mecha combat and it would never stop talking and I'd quit.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #21474 on: March 30, 2019, 01:38:04 AM »
no switch no buy  :wag

« Reply #21475 on: March 30, 2019, 01:48:05 AM »
no switch no buy  :wag

Sucks to be you.
野球

Rahxephon91

« Reply #21476 on: March 30, 2019, 02:00:34 AM »
I bet it comes to Switch.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21477 on: March 30, 2019, 09:45:27 AM »
Not of huge fan of the new character designs, but it still looks pretty good.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21478 on: March 30, 2019, 10:30:41 AM »
I skipped VC4 but will give this a play.

VC4 is good though.  It's pretty cheap right now on PS4 ($20 regular and $34 for the bigger 'LE')- you should give it a try!
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21479 on: March 30, 2019, 02:31:38 PM »
The interviewer suggested that Square Enix should make a game with the Gems Company idols, and that Yoko Taro should appear in it. Yoko Taro said: "That would be the end of Square Enix. It's a fine idea to make a romance game out of Gems Company, but the moment Yoko Taro appears in it, the person who thought that was a good idea should get fired, in my opinion."

:heh
dog