Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3055910 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #26280 on: September 25, 2020, 05:26:09 PM »

GameCube  :preach
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #26281 on: September 25, 2020, 06:25:57 PM »
🕋🕋🕋🕋
🕋🕋🕋🕋
🕋🕋🕋🕋
🕋🕋🕋🕋
©@©™

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #26282 on: September 26, 2020, 01:01:48 AM »
Seems like Ancel didn't have a change of heart so much, leaving the industry, as he lead his stupidly big projects into development hell worse than even vaporware memes would suggest.  :-\ :kobeyuck :goty

https://twitter.com/ethangach/status/1309530351916797954

Not gonna lie... still bummed about the projects dead and not interested in what comes of them without him (or new Rayman games if they were ever made again)  :doge
Eh, unless it's something sexual harassment related, i tend to take these "he was a bad boss" things with a grain of salt.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26283 on: September 26, 2020, 03:53:15 PM »
dog

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
^_^

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26285 on: September 26, 2020, 06:16:44 PM »
Censored moe smiles coming to PS4.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26286 on: September 27, 2020, 12:34:58 AM »
Do you guys know of a good resource or a guide for what parts to buy and how to build a budget PC?

With the remote learning stuff my nieces are obviously doing school work at home. Well the computer they have is pretty much a decade old hand me down from me. I'm not looking to build an amazing computer, just about a $500 budget PC.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 01:28:42 AM by Rahxephon91 »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #26287 on: September 27, 2020, 12:59:39 AM »
Just buy some prebuilt shit at Best Buy or something
fat

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26288 on: September 27, 2020, 01:27:26 AM »
That's not what I'm looking to do though..

Seems building a budget computer would be better and cheaper.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 02:40:38 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #26289 on: September 27, 2020, 02:33:10 AM »
Do you guys know of a good resource or a guide for what parts to buy and how to build a budget PC?

With the remote learning stuff my nieces are obviously doing school work at home. Well the computer they have is pretty much a decade old hand me down from me. I'm not looking to build an amazing computer, just about a $500 budget PC.
Aren't AMD about to announce their new CPUs in October? I'm assuming they'll have budget options.
also Intel is supposed to release some competitive budget GPUs soon-ish?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #26290 on: September 27, 2020, 02:45:35 AM »
It's just a machine for kids to do homework on, don't overthink it
fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26291 on: September 27, 2020, 03:10:17 AM »
Whatever you do dont get them a Chromebook  :yuck
What

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #26292 on: September 27, 2020, 03:11:54 AM »
It's just a machine for kids to do homework on, don't overthink it
Actually yeah, just get them a cheap laptop.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26293 on: September 27, 2020, 04:19:38 AM »
Why would I get a cheap labtop when they are pretty shitty and buckle simply opening word and a browser?

And buying a pre-built desktop already costs the same amount if not more.

Thats why it would be better to build something that will last, be better, and actually offer enjoyment. That's why i asked for budget PC builds.

They aren’t like 5 years old, they are teens. They like playing GTA and Fornite and typical games that young people play. If I was 13 or 14 I’d be pretty excited if someone gave me a computer to do my homework and also play modern stuff decently.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 04:38:13 AM by Rahxephon91 »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26294 on: September 27, 2020, 05:03:58 AM »
Letting 13 year olds play GTA

What are you a bad uncle?
What

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26295 on: September 27, 2020, 05:08:51 AM »
Are you serious? GTA dosen't sell millions because of adults. I got GTA3 for Christmas when I was 11 for Christ sake.  Yeah this is'nt a family that watches Disney cartoons.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #26296 on: September 27, 2020, 05:42:29 AM »
They watch anime instead :rash :jgames
(ice)

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26297 on: September 27, 2020, 05:47:18 AM »
They do actually. My one niece is very much into things like Tokyo Ghoul and My Hero Academia.

My other niece is into horror movies and got a shudder subscription for her birthday.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #26298 on: September 27, 2020, 06:18:20 AM »
Why would I get a cheap labtop when they are pretty shitty and buckle simply opening word and a browser?

And buying a pre-built desktop already costs the same amount if not more.

Thats why it would be better to build something that will last, be better, and actually offer enjoyment. That's why i asked for budget PC builds.

They aren’t like 5 years old, they are teens. They like playing GTA and Fornite and typical games that young people play. If I was 13 or 14 I’d be pretty excited if someone gave me a computer to do my homework and also play modern stuff decently.
In that case, again, wait to see what AMD shows off for their new CPU/GPU.
They are usually the brand of choice for good budget PCs.
Announcements are in October, literally around the corner.

Fortnite and GTAV run on anything these days, though.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26299 on: September 27, 2020, 07:00:01 AM »
I'm also waiting for AMD to reveal their stuff. Then I can decide if I go with Ryzen 5000, i7-10850k or wait for Intel 11th gen.
The i9-10850k has dropped in price with the Avengers promotion and is basically the same as the 10900k in all but name.
(10850k = 450 / 3900XT= 459)

No 4th gen PCI express support is sort of a deal breaker for me so I'm hoping AMD's new < 400 offering smokes it.
Benchmarks for the RTX3080 have also shown that's not really a 2x 2080 card as initially marketed in most games.
The increase in performance is significant and the biggest leap in years but it varies in what you throw at it.
🤴

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #26300 on: September 27, 2020, 12:05:54 PM »
You don't need anything special to play fortnite, among us, fall guys and roblox, just buy them a reliable brand laptop

kingv

« Reply #26301 on: September 27, 2020, 01:12:40 PM »
I got my kid a $500 laptop from Walmart with dedicated graphics. It plays the Roblox and most anything a few years old pretty well.

paprikastaude

« Reply #26302 on: September 27, 2020, 02:18:21 PM »
Was this TGS an even smaller nothing than usual? Biggest news is Resident Evil Netflix series?  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26303 on: September 27, 2020, 02:27:43 PM »
Another new arcadey racer from the same dev as Absolute Drift.  Currently out on Steam.  People seem to really like it!

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26304 on: September 27, 2020, 02:55:12 PM »
Konami actually making a new game  :o

Warning:
:uguu

ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26305 on: September 27, 2020, 03:47:04 PM »
Laptops are a waste of money in my opinion.

So i think something like this will be a good starting point.

https://techguided.com/gaming-pc-under-500/

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26306 on: September 27, 2020, 05:09:15 PM »
Your niece might prefer to have a nice little laptop that she can use anywhere as opposed to a big desktop that's sitting in one place, but hey, that's just me.  For $500, you should be able to get a nice laptop that can do handle all the kinds of things kids would do and some light gaming.

Somewhat related, Intel's newer dedicated graphics chipsets are going to make for really good gaming performance on cheaper and thin/light laptops in the future:

ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26307 on: September 27, 2020, 05:25:25 PM »
I’m not buying a labtop.

I guess I’ll just ask reddit.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #26308 on: September 27, 2020, 05:27:55 PM »
Ok bye. Have fun overthinking a simple thing
fat

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26309 on: September 27, 2020, 05:34:26 PM »
Whose overthinking? I asked for budget pc recommendations and didn’t get that. Instead I got replies that have nothing to do with what I asked for?

Nobody wants a labtop so why keep recommending that?

A pre-built PC for $500 or around is a rip-off.

Like here’s a $500 HP Pre-built from Best Buy

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pavilion-desktop-intel-core-i3-8gb-memory-256gb-solid-state-drive-natural-silver/6366129.p?skuId=6366129

It’s garbage. When you’re a teenager/older kid and someone gives you a computer the first thing you do is see if it can play any games well and this thing would run even Fortnite like garbage. But parents buy that because they have no idea. So why do that? When you’re a kid/young teen you get computers only under the pretense of you need them for homework, but it sure would be nice for it to be actually decent and not garbage for a change.

Building a budget pc is a better investment and a better deal. I’m not sure why it was so hard to answer a simple question.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 05:48:01 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26310 on: September 27, 2020, 05:35:06 PM »
Just get a case, a Ryzen 3600, some RAM and a GPU that fits the budget. Lots of people trying to flip their GPU's to get a 3080 right now.

Still, for $499 the PS5 or Xbox Series X would be a better value in terms of the hardware you get for the money.
Even more so with the Xbox Series S.
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26311 on: September 27, 2020, 05:41:51 PM »
PC Part Picker has a number of builds that you can check out, based on what you're looking for and what you want to pay. This one is probably the closest:

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/BnBD4D/entry-level-intel-gaming-build

As far as actually putting it all together, building a PC these days is a lot simpler than it used to be. Most things are just plug-and-play; probably the only thing that might give you a little trouble is the wires for power to the different parts of the case, but either the motherboard or the case should have all the instructions. And you should be able to find plenty of good video guides on Youtube.
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26312 on: September 27, 2020, 05:47:10 PM »
dog

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26313 on: September 27, 2020, 06:16:51 PM »
How will this tie into the God Eater Expanded Universe?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fat

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #26315 on: September 27, 2020, 06:21:57 PM »
Whose overthinking? I asked for budget pc recommendations and didn’t get that. Instead I got replies that have nothing to do with what I asked for?

Nobody wants a labtop so why keep recommending that?

A pre-built PC for $500 or around is a rip-off.

Like here’s a $500 HP Pre-built from Best Buy

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pavilion-desktop-intel-core-i3-8gb-memory-256gb-solid-state-drive-natural-silver/6366129.p?skuId=6366129

It’s garbage. When you’re a teenager/older kid and someone gives you a computer the first thing you do is see if it can play any games well and this thing would run even Fortnite like garbage. But parents buy that because they have no idea. So why do that? When you’re a kid/young teen you get computers only under the pretense of you need them for homework, but it sure would be nice for it to be actually decent and not garbage for a change.

Building a budget pc is a better investment and a better deal. I’m not sure why it was so hard to answer a simple question.
I swear dude you read what you wanna read.
you can go a head and buy a 1660 and a low end ryzen for cheap, but if you're worried about being ripped off ill repeat for the third time, they're about to announce a whole new line up of parts (including new low end), why go out and buy old ones? You will look up a "under 500" build that's about to be rendered completely pointless in less than a month.
And even if you want old parts, used prices will likely go down after AMD's showcase, with people trying to get rid of their shit.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26316 on: September 27, 2020, 06:22:28 PM »
No kid wants to just use a computer for homework.  Do you just not remember what being a kid was like or something? You get a school computer, you're going to try and do more then just use word. And having a computer that can do more then just open word also is a good incentive to actually try other things.
I swear dude you read what you wanna read.
you can go a head and buy a 1660 and a low end ryzen for cheap, but if you're worried about being ripped off ill repeat for the third time, they're about to announce a whole new line up of parts (including new low end), why go out and buy old ones? You will look up a "under 500" build that's about to be rendered completely pointless in less than a month.
And even if you want old parts, used prices will likely go down after AMD's showcase, with people trying to get rid of their shit.
No I saw that, it's just I'm not sure waiting is really an option. This is a limited window type of thing.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 06:29:43 PM by Rahxephon91 »

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #26317 on: September 27, 2020, 06:30:12 PM »
They would probably prefer a laptop.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #26318 on: September 27, 2020, 06:31:03 PM »
I remember reading a post starting off with "well with remote learning my little niece is doing school work from home"

My bad you seem to clearly fucking meant "damn dawg would be dope if little niece could slaughter noobs in GTA"
fat

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26319 on: September 27, 2020, 06:41:08 PM »
They already play Grand Theft Auto and things like FFXIV without me ever even introducing them. When I'm not at home and they visit they have played things like Resident Evil 2, Life is Strange or strange things like Ultra Despair Girls because I guess Dangonroppa has an anime or something. Girls play video games too bro.

And any desktop can do homework programs like powerpoint and word, so if you know they already have an interests in gaming(totally independent of yours), why not give them something that can do both decently? Why instead spend the same money and get something that can struggle to run Fornite much less have itunes and chrome open at the same time?

They would probably prefer a laptop.
No they wouldn't. I don't know why people keep saying this. Kids already have ipads and whatnot.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 06:48:58 PM by Rahxephon91 »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #26320 on: September 27, 2020, 06:51:35 PM »
Oh right I missed all that in your first post
fat

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26321 on: September 27, 2020, 06:59:40 PM »
I'm not sure why I'd have to list all that in a post asking for budget gaming computer recommendations in the gaming thread where I asked about gaming pcs because the chance of buying a pc has come up simply thanks to remote learning.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #26322 on: September 27, 2020, 07:06:13 PM »
You're a hard read between the suicidal posts and the POV blowjob video uploads
fat

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26323 on: September 27, 2020, 07:09:35 PM »
Everyone makes mistakes.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 07:15:46 PM by Rahxephon91 »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26324 on: September 27, 2020, 08:50:01 PM »
No kid wants to just use a computer for homework.  Do you just not remember what being a kid was like or something? You get a school computer, you're going to try and do more then just use word. And having a computer that can do more then just open word also is a good incentive to actually try other things.

No, I don't remember what being a kid was like and getting a computer for grade school.  Way before my time.  I didn't get a computer for anything school-related until college.

I dunno.  I would think most kids, unless they're hardcore gamerz, would want a laptop, not a big clunky desktop taking up all that space.  Whether they have iPads or not.

Which begs the question- if they have iPads, would that not work for school?
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26325 on: September 27, 2020, 08:57:05 PM »
I don't think you have to be a hardcore gamer to play games on the PC. Using Microsoft office is still much easier on windows. Computers have a lot of utility and entertainment options.

I really did not think it would be a point of contention to look for budget PC builds for a kid. It seemed like a pretty simple idea.

So I'll just drop it and move on. I don't care anymore.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26326 on: September 27, 2020, 09:07:32 PM »
I don't think you have to be a hardcore gamer to play games on the PC. Using Microsoft office is still much easier on windows. Computers have a lot of utility and entertainment options.

I agree- that's also not what I said.

I really did not think it would be a point of contention to look for budget PC builds for a kid. It seemed like a pretty simple idea.

So I'll just drop it and move on. I don't care anymore.

Was it?  I think people were just suggesting laptops or prebuilts is all. 
ど助平

daycru

« Reply #26327 on: September 27, 2020, 11:08:35 PM »
Fantasizing about buying your nephews computers that will never exist and getting mad at the suggestions

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26328 on: September 27, 2020, 11:21:21 PM »
What is your problem? They aren't "nephews". I wanted to do something nice and have been given the money to do it. I don't know how that's fantasizing are why I'm being made to be some creep bad guy. The suggestions are not at all what I was looking for. I don't know how many times I have to explain myself. Somehow asking what a good idea of a budget pc is a bad idea. I don't know what the hell your people's problem with me is.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #26329 on: September 27, 2020, 11:23:53 PM »
thebore: *horseplay*

rahx: HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN MYSELF  :rage
◕‿◕

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #26330 on: September 27, 2020, 11:27:46 PM »
fwiw it's a nice thing to do for your niece rahx. now, as an experienced internet person please refer to the million odd forum threads and build articles nerds have made dedicated to putting together a budget pc.

regards,
naff
◕‿◕

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26331 on: September 28, 2020, 03:07:52 AM »
You know most kids these days have a laptop they bring to school and do their homework on

Lie in bed watching netflix in the evening and play vidya on it like roblox and minecraft

if you want to buy them a pc be my guest but its not the best option for schoolwork

Source I work at a company that sells/loans out laptops to students

Also lmao at comparing GTA III to current GTA where they torture people and go American History X on fools.

Yeah exactly the same shit as GTA III 😂
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 03:13:22 AM by MMaRsu »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26332 on: September 28, 2020, 03:15:11 AM »
What is your problem? They aren't "nephews". I wanted to do something nice and have been given the money to do it. I don't know how that's fantasizing are why I'm being made to be some creep bad guy. The suggestions are not at all what I was looking for. I don't know how many times I have to explain myself. Somehow asking what a good idea of a budget pc is a bad idea. I don't know what the hell your people's problem with me is.
A good idea of a budget pc for homework and simple games is a prebuilt you dunce
What

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26333 on: September 28, 2020, 03:30:58 AM »
That's not how a comparison works. It wasn't a judgement on the content of GTAV. It was me saying in my family I was allowed to watch and play "mature" content at an early age. So it's not unusual that my 12 year old niece plays GTAV. My family does not care about that. 

Also there's no such thing as a pre-built PC under $500 that plays games well. That dosen't exists. And if it does it's shit, so why wouldn't you build it to get the best for your money? That's why I asked for recommendations, but apparently no one understands that.

And I don't care what most kids have. That's not what I was looking for or asking about. And since these are kids in thier teens they aren't playing just roblox and Minecraft if at all.

I really don't know why this was a hard concept to grasp.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26334 on: September 28, 2020, 03:48:21 AM »
I was also allowed to play mature games, that's another thing to say if they should or not.

Comparing our growing up playing games like I dunno Commandos, GTA, Half Life etc.. shit wasn't as intense as GTA is now or some other games these days. If their parents dont care about it then you shouldnt either though. But it sounds like they dont give a fuck what their kids play so  :badass

If you want to go ahead and build them pc's please do so. Just go on pcpartspicker and find the parts you want.

My only advice would be go and ask those kids what they want instead. Maybe they do just want a simple laptop. Maybe not. But at least youll know
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 03:57:27 AM by MMaRsu »
What

Coax

« Reply #26335 on: September 28, 2020, 05:11:29 AM »
Nvidia removed all their tech demos with female chars in the last few days. The subreddit then deleted a topic gaining traction highlighting it :exxy

Fairy tits were just one step too far for Nvidia in 2020.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #26336 on: September 28, 2020, 05:33:28 AM »
Nvidia removed all their tech demos with female chars in the last few days. The subreddit then deleted a topic gaining traction highlighting it :exxy

You can get sued for pin ups?  :lol

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #26337 on: September 28, 2020, 07:00:36 AM »

Fat guy with the helmet remains.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
©@©™

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #26338 on: September 28, 2020, 07:23:01 AM »

Fat guy with the helmet remains.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Demi:  :drool
Margs

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26339 on: September 28, 2020, 07:38:31 AM »
Also there's no such thing as a pre-built PC under $500 that plays games well. That dosen't exists. And if it does it's shit, so why wouldn't you build it to get the best for your money? That's why I asked for recommendations, but apparently no one understands that.

I'm sure there's something out there for that much that plays games well- on low/medium settings and lower resolutions.

Here's one for a bit more at $550.
https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/8733581/HP-Pavilion-690-0010-Gaming-Desktop/

And I don't care what most kids have. That's not what I was looking for or asking about. And since these are kids in thier teens they aren't playing just roblox and Minecraft if at all.

I really don't know why this was a hard concept to grasp.

It's not.  Most of us all think that a laptop is a better option is all.  It's also not like they can't just get a decent cheap laptop just for school work/Internet stuff and then a game console for vidya.
ど助平