Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3055500 times)

Coffee Dog

Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #26100 on: September 02, 2020, 03:25:10 PM »
Yeah, people aren't even raiding yet or trapped in the gear grind. I'm a sucker for 6/10 Marvel beat em ups and even I can't rationalize picking it up until they've released Hawkeye and the game is way cheaper.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #26101 on: September 02, 2020, 04:16:57 PM »
Wait for the GOTY Edition with Howard the Duck.
©@©™

paprikastaude

« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 04:28:46 PM by Spieler1 »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #26103 on: September 02, 2020, 05:32:33 PM »
How long are they going to drag this out. It's September already.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26104 on: September 02, 2020, 05:38:53 PM »
What

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #26105 on: September 02, 2020, 07:04:31 PM »
Hi

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26106 on: September 02, 2020, 07:31:51 PM »
How long are they going to drag this out. It's September already.
Nvidia won the war

All they can do now is ask AMD for a discount
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #26107 on: September 02, 2020, 09:08:48 PM »
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/tgs-2020-online-official-live-stream-schedule-announced

Not that i was expecting anything out of TGS about this, it's 100% going to be a dedicated thing, but this is really funny at this point.
I don't even get why they're stalling so much, when everybody expects the same price (499 to 599), for both machines.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #26108 on: September 02, 2020, 11:32:02 PM »
I guess perhaps the idea is to let the first one show the price and get all the mob hate for costing X and then you come a few days later and announce the same price, but the mob just kinda grumbles and goes "well ok" and thus subconsciously are not seen as negatively. Little mind games of perception in the public's mind.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26109 on: September 03, 2020, 12:08:28 AM »
I just honestly think MS has nothing to show.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #26110 on: September 03, 2020, 12:49:33 AM »
It’s kind of crazy to me that they haven’t got Forza for launch, turn 10 are well practised at dropping a new entry every 2 years and it’s been 3 since 7 came out :doge
(ice)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #26111 on: September 03, 2020, 03:21:01 AM »
Didn't they show a new Forza at their conference. Think is was just called Forza Motorsport.

Edit:

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #26112 on: September 03, 2020, 04:34:19 AM »
Yeah but it’s in ‘early development’ :girlaff
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26113 on: September 03, 2020, 07:26:06 AM »
I dont understand what Xbox Studios have been doing for the past three years..
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26114 on: September 03, 2020, 08:03:28 AM »
Posting on ResetEra?  :idont
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #26115 on: September 03, 2020, 08:16:59 AM »
Busy figuring out backwards compatibility.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26116 on: September 03, 2020, 09:25:01 AM »

Yall ready for a new mario?

Or old mario?

What

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #26117 on: September 03, 2020, 10:36:46 AM »
2nd Nocturne HD trailer

^_^

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26118 on: September 03, 2020, 01:54:37 PM »
Nvidia announced DLSS support for VR  :rejoice

RTX I/O will also be available for Turing cards  :obama
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #26119 on: September 03, 2020, 04:47:17 PM »
Nvidia announced DLSS support for VR  :rejoice

RTX I/O will also be available for Turing cards  :obama
Alyx was already kind of clean for a VR game, but i'd be stoked to get some DLSS in that.

Bebpo

« Reply #26120 on: September 03, 2020, 05:19:37 PM »
DLSS for VR is theoretically game changer because it will allow more standard graphics games like Hitman 3 to run 90fps in VR instead of having to really dumb down visuals for VR games.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #26121 on: September 03, 2020, 06:41:21 PM »
DLSS for VR is theoretically game changer because it will allow more standard graphics games like Hitman 3 to run 90fps in VR instead of having to really dumb down visuals for VR games.
For resolution yeah, but logics-heavy games like Hitman are really CPU bound, i think.
Still, if you look at something like that new Medal of Honor VR game with potato graphics, some better texture could really make a difference there.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #26122 on: September 04, 2020, 11:32:37 AM »
Nba 2k21 is a shit show again, peoples pre order bonuses etc aren’t showing up or the sucka bux they buy :doge

I’m pretty sure this shid never happens all the time with fifa or madden :trumps
(ice)

paprikastaude

« Reply #26123 on: September 04, 2020, 02:34:51 PM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26124 on: September 04, 2020, 02:52:57 PM »
Ubisoft doing a PoP game right.. yea ok sure jan
What

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #26125 on: September 04, 2020, 04:18:24 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26126 on: September 04, 2020, 08:33:56 PM »
New leaks have the PS5 price at $599 lol  :heh
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #26127 on: September 04, 2020, 10:23:49 PM »
Once they announced 2 skus I dunno why anyone expected less than $499/$599.

Though I think they might go $449/$549 to avoid the $599 pr and just lose the money.

I have no idea why people are clinging to a $399/$499 future for these new consoles. Especially in the covid economy where parts are more expensive than ever to manufacture in mass.

To be fair though, there's no reason to get the disc versions of the consoles other than if you care about PS4 BC for your physical games.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #26128 on: September 05, 2020, 06:04:58 PM »
Nba 2k21 is a shit show again, peoples pre order bonuses etc aren’t showing up or the sucka bux they buy :doge

I’m pretty sure this shid never happens all the time with fifa or madden :trumps

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26129 on: September 06, 2020, 08:31:55 AM »
These games are made for sports fans not gamers.
Some feel they have outgrown other types of games. Others aren't allowed by their wife/GF to play shooters and such.

Plenty of dudes only buy the yearly soccer/football game because they can't get anything else.

Basically the same audience as the $50 monster cables or even part of the GPU 'refresh' market.
Wife can see a new PC and speaker set, she can't see a new cable or new GPU.
It's also why they keep releasing them on old consoles, like the PS2 years later.
Wife can see a new PlayStation console and wouldn't approve, but she can't tell if hubby is playing FIFA 2012 or FIFA 2018.  :shh

It's also why your credit card bill shows:
$97.99 78DEX0923 AMAZON

instead of
$97.99 Super Mario 3D All Stars + Cat Peach Amiibo
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 08:42:00 AM by Nintex »
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #26130 on: September 07, 2020, 02:26:56 PM »
2K21's MyCAREER is legit. Best one they've ever done. Even if it's not deliberately funny like 2K19, the game part is all there. You start in HS and play roughly three or four games there. Then you get to college and can play seven or eight games before one and doning into the Draft. Then you do a variety of things to up your stock before finally getting drafted and to the NBA. Seriously makes up for last years complete disaster. They really should keep this as the core and just build the story around it every year. The one thing I'd like is being able to fall out of the draft and hit the G-League (which is rumored as the next gen storyline) to make the league like all the way back in 2K10 (2K15 was similar in that you went undrafted and did ten day contracts to make it) and then it'd almost be near ideal by providing all kinds of paths. Also, it needs a camera option for the HS games. And to keep track of your averages in HS/NCAA just to show them.

I can't give "the campaign" five stars yet because there's stuff in the whole game that needs patching, but my first dude was a big man so the major bug with shooting didn't bother me as I wasn't shooting outside of three feet most of the time anyway. But four stars already for this mode, once they patch up the game this might be an overall four star worthy 2K for the first time in like half a decade or so. We'll see on that front.

I've never done the gambling mode but I might play around with it for the first time just to see what the big deal is since we've got a goofy real league schedule so I won't be doing a season for a while. Plus they killed off my mobile card game and this mode has cards and gives you VC so I might as well check it out.

More importantly, GMG sent me the DLC key for the $90 MAMBA EDITION by accident (or 2K screwed up which keys they sent) which gave me 100K VC I shouldn't have gotten and like fifty card packs for the gambling mode :rofl

:success
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 02:31:19 PM by benjipwns »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26132 on: September 07, 2020, 06:07:04 PM »
Thanks Benji Im really enjoying Golfing with Friends, I already played some hotseat with a friend today and it was a lot of fun

Close rounds but I managed to win by three points  :doge

Minigolf is so fucking cool
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #26133 on: September 07, 2020, 07:22:30 PM »
2K21's MyCAREER is legit. Best one they've ever done. Even if it's not deliberately funny like 2K19, the game part is all there. You start in HS and play roughly three or four games there. Then you get to college and can play seven or eight games before one and doning into the Draft. Then you do a variety of things to up your stock before finally getting drafted and to the NBA. Seriously makes up for last years complete disaster. They really should keep this as the core and just build the story around it every year. The one thing I'd like is being able to fall out of the draft and hit the G-League (which is rumored as the next gen storyline) to make the league like all the way back in 2K10 (2K15 was similar in that you went undrafted and did ten day contracts to make it) and then it'd almost be near ideal by providing all kinds of paths. Also, it needs a camera option for the HS games. And to keep track of your averages in HS/NCAA just to show them.

I can't give "the campaign" five stars yet because there's stuff in the whole game that needs patching, but my first dude was a big man so the major bug with shooting didn't bother me as I wasn't shooting outside of three feet most of the time anyway. But four stars already for this mode, once they patch up the game this might be an overall four star worthy 2K for the first time in like half a decade or so. We'll see on that front.

I've never done the gambling mode but I might play around with it for the first time just to see what the big deal is since we've got a goofy real league schedule so I won't be doing a season for a while. Plus they killed off my mobile card game and this mode has cards and gives you VC so I might as well check it out.

More importantly, GMG sent me the DLC key for the $90 MAMBA EDITION by accident (or 2K screwed up which keys they sent) which gave me 100K VC I shouldn't have gotten and like fifty card packs for the gambling mode :rofl

:success

It’s alright but I’m having to grind out a trade to the lakers atmosphere so funk this shid, they weren’t interested at the draft :stahp
(ice)

benjipwns

« Reply #26134 on: September 07, 2020, 08:22:39 PM »
Did you get drafted to the same team as HENDRIXX COBB? I did and almost immediately knocked him out of the rotation after a couple games.

I saw a dude on reddit mention how he did poor enough to drop out of the draft, so signed as a FA which put HENDRIXX COBB on the same team, only, he's not there or anywhere in the game. :dead

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26135 on: September 07, 2020, 11:44:20 PM »
I opened my PS4 Pro to replace thermal paste in hopes that it would be quieter.

All I did was make it worse.

I do wonder now if its simply the fan. You touch it and it dosen't feel hot, in fact it feels like the air flow is much better.

But even games like Dusk Diver make it sound like it's taking off. Where before, Avengers is really the only game that got to me.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 03:20:17 AM by MMaRsu »
What

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #26137 on: September 08, 2020, 04:25:02 AM »

I do wonder now if its simply the fan. You touch it and it dosen't feel hot, in fact it feels like the air flow is much better.

But even games like Dusk Diver make it sound like it's taking off. Where before, Avengers is really the only game that got to me.
broken bearing in the fan

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #26138 on: September 08, 2020, 04:52:42 AM »
Did you get drafted to the same team as HENDRIXX COBB? I did and almost immediately knocked him out of the rotation after a couple games.

I saw a dude on reddit mention how he did poor enough to drop out of the draft, so signed as a FA which put HENDRIXX COBB on the same team, only, he's not there or anywhere in the game. :dead

Yeah he was 1 and I was 2 :stahp
(ice)

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26139 on: September 08, 2020, 06:53:08 AM »

broken bearing in the fan
I thought that too because I remember having to drip some oil on an old PC graphics card fan to fix it’s overheating.

But because it was running loud on every game I opened it again and reapplied thermal taste. I guess I put too little. Seems quieter now.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26140 on: September 08, 2020, 01:34:07 PM »
Microsoft: Making video games is hard and now our price got leaked fml  :fbm

Nintendo: aww yiss, we're still working on the new best zelda of all time but in the meantime here's an entirely different secret game we worked on with some other dudes, video games are fun!
Here's a new game and watch for no particular reason for you fucks lmao  :doggy
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #26141 on: September 08, 2020, 03:26:00 PM »
:miyamoto
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26142 on: September 08, 2020, 03:43:11 PM »
Yeah another lame ass warriors game
What

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #26143 on: September 08, 2020, 05:13:48 PM »
Koei is the EA of Japan when it comes to making the same game over and over with minimal changes. There must be at least 100 different Musou games by now. Biggest surprise is no FF Musou yet.
^_^

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #26144 on: September 09, 2020, 12:39:19 AM »
https://www.inverse.com/gaming/kingdoms-of-amalur-re-reckoning-review/amp

38 Studios founder Curt Schilling (yes, that one) famously said in 2010, “We're taking God of War and marrying it with Oblivion.” In execution, both versions of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning deliver on that promise.

Jesus, how much did THQ pay for this review? Apparently not enough, since they still only gave it an 8/10. :lol
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26145 on: September 09, 2020, 09:10:07 AM »
Even a decade ago Kingdoms of Amalur was a middling MMO that wasn't even online. :neogaf
dog

Svejk

« Reply #26146 on: September 09, 2020, 09:25:50 AM »
I like what little I played back then (being a freebie on PS+), but the armor selection and placement was so PS2 era bad... I just went back to Dragon's Dogma... a vastly superior game.

I did like Grant Kirkhope's score.. Had a nice fairy tale style vibe to it.

Svejk

« Reply #26147 on: September 09, 2020, 10:41:58 AM »
AssCrus: Viking timez got pushed up a week to Nov. 10th to launch with bonerS...   

But let's be real... They knew releasing the same weekend of Cyberpunk would overshadow they're launch.  :lucille

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #26148 on: September 09, 2020, 01:09:11 PM »
So now that XBox Series X is $500 we expect the disc version of PS5 to be that price too, eh?

Svejk

« Reply #26149 on: September 09, 2020, 01:28:17 PM »
So now that XBox Series X is $500 we expect the disc version of PS5 to be that price too, eh?
I don't see why it wouldn't be now..  And $400 for the digi one.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26150 on: September 09, 2020, 06:54:33 PM »
AssCrus: Viking timez got pushed up a week to Nov. 10th to launch with bonerS...   

But let's be real... They knew releasing the same weekend of Cyberpunk would overshadow they're launch.  :lucille
A week less to iron out the bugs  :rejoice
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #26151 on: September 10, 2020, 02:30:48 AM »
I don't see why it wouldn't be now..  And $400 for the digi one.
You think a disc drive can justify a 100€ gap? :thinking
I mean maybe as an incentive to get you to go all digital, since that'd be convenient in the long run for them.

Personally i have far too many PS4 games on disc, to even consider that.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #26152 on: September 10, 2020, 02:32:48 AM »
Hi

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26153 on: September 10, 2020, 05:06:47 AM »

Why is this screen not showing up

Also lmao
What

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #26154 on: September 10, 2020, 05:50:56 AM »

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #26155 on: September 10, 2020, 06:10:11 AM »
Absolutely haram  :jeanluc
Margs

Rahxephon91

« Reply #26156 on: September 10, 2020, 07:13:52 AM »
Looks to have the budget of a game made in the Middle East anyway.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #26157 on: September 10, 2020, 09:00:42 AM »
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26158 on: September 10, 2020, 06:32:12 PM »
That was again very underwhelming from Ubi

🤴

Svejk

« Reply #26159 on: September 10, 2020, 07:10:17 PM »
Immortals looked.. ok.. It just looked like if Breath of the Wild made a baby with Kingdoms of Amalur, while Kratos watched, basically.

Craftopia still seemed more of an interesting rip of BOTW than it.