Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3042565 times)

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #26820 on: December 09, 2020, 08:05:19 AM »
huh, didn't even know it had multiplayer

I'm just hoping they do a crossover with Above and Beyond for this game

^_^

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #26821 on: December 09, 2020, 10:23:23 AM »
Above and Beyond the amount of storage space I have left. :salute
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26822 on: December 09, 2020, 04:05:42 PM »
https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/1336709324215734273

:crowdlaff :girlaff

Sony: "Here's a stellar first party line-up arriving in the coming months exclusively on PlayStation 5"

Third parties: "Here's our exciting new line-up for 2021"

Microsoft: "Plz don't make vidya award hype - we reboot Perfect Dark development again - play old games plz until we finish HaLo :'("
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #26823 on: December 09, 2020, 04:28:25 PM »
I have the best or worst no sleep story from last night.

I picked up Telling Lies (from the creator of Her Story and starring best Tom Hardy clone Logan Marshell-Green) on ios because I saw it was $3.99 and I'd had it on my steam wishlist at like $20 and $12 on sales for a while and $3.99 was the right price.

I started playing it in bed around midnight to try for a bit before sleep. You play as someone at their desktop clicking on files for the interface. I was checking out all the files on the desktop and they had Solitaire. I used to play that all the time as a kid and haven't played it in 20+ years so I fired it up.

Got back into it, but kept losing every.single.game. Was like fuck this, I'm gonna win this shit! And kept at it for an hour slowly getting the feeling more and more the Solitaire in this game is a joke and is rigged so you can't win. I started getting good at counting cards and figuring out what cards are left hidden. Finally I got a run where only 1 card was hidden and I was missing both a 2 and a King and I was like WTF THIS SHIT IS RIGGED.

I googled it and yeah, found out it's rigged and there's an achievement called Pointless if you keep playing. You can't win. A card is always missing.

So now it's like 1:30am and I'm super annoyed that I just spent an 90 mins trying to beat a rigged solitaire and losing every match. So I did the obvious thing which was to go get some freeware Solitaire game so I can WIN.

I grabbed one and I kept winning every hand and was like wtf, this is too easy. Not satisfying. I looked in the options and saw that this one was RIGGED too, so that every hand is winnable and there was an option to play random hands with a warning that some hands may be unwinnable. But that's the whole point of Solitaire, it's skill & luck. So I switched on Random.

Around 2-2:30am now, I keep getting hands close to winning but losing. After a while I start to realize I'm playing the same fucking deck hand over and over that is unwinnable. Turns out hitting try again just retries with the same hand/deck.

Around 3-3:30am now start using NEW GAME each time instead of Try again and getting different random hands. Lose a lot from unwinnable hands but win some every few hands. Feeling determined to get a few good fast wins in to feel like I've conquered solitaire and then I'll go to sleep.

Around 4:30am finally got a few quality wins in a row and I'm good. Finally get to sleep around 5am.

tl;dr Solitaire is still addicting as crack and I hate losing (also why I don't play Multiplayer games).

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26824 on: December 09, 2020, 04:40:34 PM »
:notlikethis
dog

Nuitangg

« Reply #26825 on: December 09, 2020, 04:56:03 PM »
Faerie Solitaire might be my most played Steam game.  :lol

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #26826 on: December 09, 2020, 05:07:30 PM »
I also enjoy the solitaire minigames in Zachtronics games.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26827 on: December 09, 2020, 05:31:43 PM »

Faerie Solitaire you say huh

:shaq  :horny
What

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #26828 on: December 10, 2020, 09:52:48 AM »

©@©™

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26829 on: December 10, 2020, 10:39:18 AM »
Got another nice gift from my colleagues for my birthday

« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 12:45:23 PM by MMaRsu »
What

Bebpo

« Reply #26830 on: December 10, 2020, 02:30:31 PM »

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #26831 on: December 10, 2020, 03:13:47 PM »
a friend of mine who is really into solitaire swears by regency solitaire and shadowhand

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #26832 on: December 10, 2020, 04:57:54 PM »
I played the shit out of Fairway Solitare on my iPod Touch

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id887640616

I have this on my phone now, it's free and you get them achievements

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-solitaire-collection/id1103438575
fat

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #26833 on: December 10, 2020, 08:23:17 PM »

paprikastaude

« Reply #26834 on: December 10, 2020, 08:55:07 PM »

:rogan why do Japanese developers revolt so much against going back to normal 2D graphics. Why is Vanillaware the only ones left who have a feel for 2D art direction.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #26835 on: December 10, 2020, 09:08:19 PM »
Are they ever going to make the game awards less cringe?
:O

Bebpo

« Reply #26836 on: December 10, 2020, 09:37:03 PM »

:rogan why do Japanese developers revolt so much against going back to normal 2D graphics. Why is Vanillaware the only ones left who have a feel for 2D art direction.

They says it’s because 2d costs too much money compared to 3D and pseudo 2d stuff.

But all those indie 2d games and that they made all these games before on way lower budgets so otherwise so idk. No sprite artists left in Japan?

paprikastaude

« Reply #26837 on: December 10, 2020, 10:01:18 PM »

They says it’s because 2d costs too much money compared to 3D and pseudo 2d stuff.

But all those indie 2d games and that they made all these games before on way lower budgets so otherwise so idk. No sprite artists left in Japan?

No way companies like Nintendo have no money to make their 2D Mario games not look like shit. I guess they did a good job on the toy graphics gimmick for something like Links Awakening remake, but ultimately who knows how that will age compared to that indie Zelda music game releasing at the same time with top-tier pixel art. I wish it looked like that instead. :trumps

I remember the guy from the Zero Escape games said he wanted to move forward and not stay in the past as a creator or whatever. I can respect that excuse at least. Doesn't change the results being pretty awful (in his case in particular).

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #26838 on: December 10, 2020, 11:45:17 PM »

This shit looks cool.
I read ED is kind of tough to get into though, especially with limited time.  :'(

Coax

« Reply #26839 on: December 11, 2020, 12:21:05 AM »
Re G&G I think the only marionette-style animation I've seen in games that doesn't make a game look 'cheap' visually is when it's Terry Gilliam style (Four Last Things, Rock of Ages) since it makes more sense having roots in physical mediums.

Ironically a game like Kirby's Epic Yarn despite having a physical aesthetic uses traditional 2D animation.

Bebpo

« Reply #26840 on: December 11, 2020, 12:29:52 AM »
Took a look at the game announcements from the awards show and seemed pretty lackluster outside Sephiroth in Smash.

Wonder if this is Covid setting everything back so 2021 will look a bit barren.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #26841 on: December 11, 2020, 12:50:04 AM »
Took a look at the game announcements from the awards show and seemed pretty lackluster outside Sephiroth in Smash.

Yes, but i'm still happy for that "totally not Dead Space" one, and a couple of other teasers.
The show itself was, as usual, a shotgun blast to the testicles, thankfully i was watching some Twitch peeps react to it, so i had a laugh at least.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #26842 on: December 11, 2020, 01:28:21 AM »
Awww. Swan song coming from Yoshiro Kimura. Rock on odd one.

https://oniongames.jp/rpg_en/index.html

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #26843 on: December 11, 2020, 01:43:37 AM »
Meanwhile going back to the music situation with ol Ninty...

https://twitter.com/Future2KH/status/1336747263167782913

:neogaf :jawalrus :lawd :PP

Bebpo

« Reply #26844 on: December 11, 2020, 02:34:05 AM »

Yes, but i'm still happy for that "totally not Dead Space" one, and a couple of other teasers.
The show itself was, as usual, a shotgun blast to the testicles, thankfully i was watching some Twitch peeps react to it, so i had a laugh at least.

I'd be more interested in the dead space thing if it was more than a CG trailer from a no name studio with a name attached.

It's how I feel about perfect dark too. I don't get hyped for studios with names attached, I get hyped when a developer puts out a good game. Like HouseMarque's done enough good bullet dodging games that Returnal should be very solid.

I feel like with this new gen we're seeing a lot of games announced by new unproven studios vs like the traditional studios announcing the majority of games. Like PS5 with Godfall as well. Just kinda weird. I get a lot of veteran devs are getting sick of publishers and branching off to their own studios, but I don't get how they get the funds to go directly to AAA 100 person team games. Investors I guess? Stuff like Returnal makes more sense where a studio starts small and works it way up as the games get bigger and sell better.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #26845 on: December 11, 2020, 05:22:09 AM »
It's people from the OG Dead Space team.  :yeshrug

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #26846 on: December 11, 2020, 05:33:13 AM »
But will it be a Mighty Number 9 or a Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night?

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #26847 on: December 11, 2020, 02:11:38 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26848 on: December 11, 2020, 03:05:25 PM »
People like Ark, man, I dunno.
dog

BisMarckie

« Reply #26849 on: December 11, 2020, 03:13:58 PM »
I thought Ark was kinda succesful like many of these Steam survival jankfests, I had no idea it was this big.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26850 on: December 11, 2020, 03:14:37 PM »
All I ever learned about Ark from people that played it was how they kept losing everything because people would rob their shit  :lol

They also had all these elaborate ideas for better rules in which that wasn't possible.
It always seemed like a hoarders/grievers sort of game.
🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #26851 on: December 11, 2020, 03:32:55 PM »
Here I thought I had glimpsed at Turok feat. Vin Diesel :stahp

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #26852 on: December 11, 2020, 05:09:02 PM »
I'm pretty excited for the game. Mainly because of Digital Foundry's video when it runs at a solid 15 fps on Series X and PS5.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26853 on: December 12, 2020, 10:52:06 AM »

People like trash
What

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

paprikastaude

« Reply #26855 on: December 16, 2020, 05:16:41 AM »
Reading through that, no wonder his videos have sucked for so long and he seems completely checked out and over the AVGN stuff. And all those new, terrible people that suddenly started getting into all the videos he put up.

lol love me some diss reddits (I know what I'll be reading during work today), but I don't think anyone should glorify the old videos too much :doge The likes of Mike weren't exactly writing amazing comedy either back in the day, it's just been one of the first of its kind that we've seen when we were idiot teens. But I guess at least the old videos were coherent, while now it's just jarring when the character talks about Resident Evil or Devil May Cry, making it blatantly obvious that the fatties wrote it. But then again, it doesn't help either that the world now knows that James really doesn't give a shit about gaming and really wants to be a movie maker (even though he sucks so bad).

edit:

:era
https://old.reddit.com/r/TheCinemassacreTruth/comments/k3xygy/sad_scene/

Actually I have to take this back. I rewatched some of the early episodes like Indiana Jones and Batman and Spiderman, plus some of the very first ones. He was pretty convincing with the angry nerd shtick early on, which is still pretty amusing. Night and day difference if you watch a new episode, like the one uploaded yesterday. He's just a bored voice actor now.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #26856 on: December 16, 2020, 10:17:41 AM »
New Trails news! We're getting a PS4 port of Nayuta no Kiseki and the first game of the Calvard series has been announced:

Falcom has announced The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki (Trails of Black), the latest chapter in the Trails (Kiseki) series. It will launch in 2021 in Japan. Platform(s) were not announced.

Weekly Famitsu has a five-page interview with Falcom president Toshihiro Kondo, who shares the following additional tidbits:

The game is set in the Republic of Calvard (the east side of the continent) in the year S.1208.
    The title is derived from the Japanese word for “Daybreak” (Reimei). This is reflected in the colors associated with the protagonist.
    The story is focused on characters who can be described as somewhat in the gray zone of society (a detective, a negotiator, a bounty hunter, etc.)
    Kondo said it would have been nice if The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki was titled Shiro no Kiseki (Trails of White) instead to compliment Kuro no Kiseki.
    The game engine is brand-new.
    Character modelling has evolved. There is a significantly different feel when the character is in motion.
    Calvard is a cultural sphere in the vein of Eastern Europe with an influx of people from the Middle East. It feels like a mixture of Europe and Asia.
    It is somewhat small compared to Erebonia. The scale of the map is equivalent to that of the Cold Steel series. It is still in development, but Kondo believes it will be very close in terms of size.
    You could say the additional episode “Hajimari no Saki e” in Hajimari no Kiseki acts as a prologue to Kuro no Kiseki.
    90 percent of the characters in Kuro no Kiseki are new. If you did not know any better, you might look at the game screen and not realize it is a Trails game. The remaining 10 percent of the cast will be characters that are highly anticipated by fans.
    Three characters have been revealed so far: a Kirito-looking character, a dual-wielding redhead character with a Middle Eastearn appearance, and a character that looks like Alisa minus the attitude and with the chest of Ryza. Kondo would not say which one is the protagonist. (Though it is obvious if you recall the earlier note about the protagonist’s associated colors.)
    Fans would be disappointed if the Society was not depicted. Kondo also was unable to comment on the Oaths. But each will be depicted properly.
    The game will have a proper ending.
    If a game does not sell well, there will not be a sequel, and the Trails series is no exception.
    The amount of content in the game is about the equal to a single Trails of Cold Steel title.
    The Trails of Cold Steel games had a large number of allies, but Kuro no Kiseki will not have as many due to the protagonist’s line of work.
    Instead, there will be more enemies.
    There will not be 50 playable characters.
    There is a screenshot of a battle scene.
    Movement and battles are seamless.
    While action elements have been added, Falcom is not considering anything that requires any sort of input skills.
    Commands are input in real-time instead of pausing.
    You will also have the option to switch to command-style battles.
    Arts and Crafts remain as they were, but ARCUS is replaced by Xipha.
    There are no Combat Links or Brave Orders. But there is a new system in place that is said to be quite amazing.
    There is a “Topic System” that has to do with conversations with NPCs.
    “Alignment Flame” is a system in which, depending on your playstyle, your character’s alignment as “Lawful,” “Gray,” and “Chaotic” will change, influencing your status as well as the story. But there will not be any situation where an event does not occur due to your specific alignment.
    There is an alternative to bond events.
    As for platforms, Kondo says he would like to release it on PlayStation 4 as well as other platforms where there is demand. He said, “Since there are the usual technical challenges, we will consider starting where there’s the most demand.”
    Nihon Falcom as a whole is making preparations to support PlayStation 5.
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #26857 on: December 16, 2020, 09:12:41 PM »
Yeah, color me surprised it's making 2021. Definitely hyped.

I really like that they say the battle system still has a turn-based option. Makes me think it's something similar to ATB or Tales on an ATB and not gonna be like Ys. While I like their turn-based stuff, after nothing but broken ass battle systems for so many years I am ok with them experimenting.

I am however concerned that they felt in the very first interview on the new arc they had to put in print "if this game fails, there won't be a sequel" for what is absolutely going to be the first game in a 2 game, 3 game or even 4 game story arc. Like the sales in the west/asia are improving but in Japan Trails is dying because Cold Steel dragged on too long. This strikes me as Kondo trying to scare the fanbase into buying this game new (vs used where most Japan sales are) and I don't feel great that he feels they're in a position where they have to do this to their fanbase.

I'm not super concerned that Trails/Falcom is going to die in the next 2 years or anything, but I don't feel comfortable that Falcom will finish Trails necessarily without the series taking off again at some point in expanding its base. I hope they've learned from Cold Steel and won't try to drag Calvard's arc out for 3-4 games with declining sales and losing fans. Tighten the ship and do a 2-game story again and move to the next location/cast.

Also Hajimari no Kiseki was such a fucking troll. Kondo said you can see the lead protag from Kuro no Kiseki appear in it, and he did. And it's such a fucking troll.

Bebpo

« Reply #26858 on: December 16, 2020, 11:06:10 PM »
That said I am pretty stoked there's going to be a new Trails game in 2021 with a new arc and country and characters. Didn't think we'd see it until 2022, so this instantly shoots up to the game I'm looking forward to the most next year.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #26860 on: December 18, 2020, 01:28:26 AM »

paprikastaude

« Reply #26861 on: December 18, 2020, 11:53:08 AM »
Don't forget to grab every daily free game on Epic Store from now until the end of the year.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26862 on: December 18, 2020, 01:22:22 PM »
 :lol
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26863 on: December 18, 2020, 06:42:10 PM »
https://twitter.com/cynixy/status/1339531573805367298

They haven't even started writing this shit?  :wut
🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #26864 on: December 18, 2020, 07:15:34 PM »
First xBone Sex exclusive coming 2024.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 03:03:35 PM by Spieler1 »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26865 on: December 18, 2020, 07:35:21 PM »
Game studios are kinda weird, they can have multiple "lead writers", and other senior positions. 

(maybe they haven't started writing, but this doesn't necessarily prove that)
Yeah it's weird. Good writer tho.
🤴

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #26866 on: December 18, 2020, 07:52:11 PM »
I’m thrilled to say that I will start work as lead programmer for Halo Infinite once I go back to school and get my degree and then get a few years of experience developing mobile games.
©@©™

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26867 on: December 18, 2020, 08:19:45 PM »
Game studios are kinda weird, they can have multiple "lead writers", and other senior positions. 

(maybe they haven't started writing, but this doesn't necessarily prove that)
Yeah it's weird. Good writer tho.

Can she write funny tho?
What

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #26868 on: December 18, 2020, 08:58:17 PM »
https://twitter.com/cynixy/status/1339531573805367298

They haven't even started writing this shit?  :wut

Ehh, Fable games aren't really known for their stories... the whole fun (at least for me) is the fairly shallow sim/god game elements interacting with the fairly shallow action RPG mechanics in a way that's greater than the sum of its parts.
^_^

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #26869 on: December 18, 2020, 09:22:41 PM »
Just call me chicken chaser and let me fart on my wife and husband.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #26870 on: December 18, 2020, 10:30:01 PM »
Yeah in Fable 2 it all came together really well, i loved that game, didn't care for 1 nor 3 though.

Setting, gameplay, progression, set pieces, and map, were just at their peak in 2.

Hopefully this can surpass that (not a very high bar still).

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #26871 on: December 19, 2020, 01:11:09 AM »
What’s the point in making a Fable game if it isn’t going to suffer under the weight of Molyneux’s grandiose claims :trumps
(ice)

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #26872 on: December 19, 2020, 01:50:21 AM »
Fable 1 >>>>>>> fable 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fable 3

(and fable 1 isnt even that good)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #26873 on: December 19, 2020, 05:22:09 AM »
Fable 1 was the game that taught me to be cynical about pre release hype :brain
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26874 on: December 19, 2020, 05:42:03 AM »
What’s the point in making a Fable game if it isn’t going to suffer under the weight of Molyneux’s grandiose claims :trumps
As if in 2 years time they're not going to reboot this with Molyneux at the helm after a dissapointing gameplay trailer.

Starting a new Journey for Fable!
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #26875 on: December 19, 2020, 05:51:49 AM »
Big Pete making up and promising new gameplay systems on the spot in interviews at E3 a few months before release :lawd

Make it happen again microsoy :rash
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26876 on: December 19, 2020, 06:15:10 AM »
Starting a new Journey for Fable!

We hope you were as excited as we are taking a first look at the new Fable experience we are creating.
Our community of Fablies is very important to us and based on your feedback we realized we need a bit more time to
create the ultimate Fable experience that fans have been waiting for.

To make this possible we've asked Peter Molyneux to join the team at PlayGround Games.
For those of you Steves and Sea of Thievers that have recently discovered Xbox -
Peter Molyneux was the original creator of Fable and pushed innovation at Xbox Studios (known then as Microsoft Game Studios) to new levels.
We welcome Peter to the team and before we take you on this new Fable Journey a few words from Peter.

Peter Molyneux: "Fable to me is a dream. The project that I originally created and I always wanted to go back to.
I am very grateful that Xbox Studios has once again put their faith in me. You could say I feel like Atlas
carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders. And with that same responsibility I will assume duties
as creative director of this new massive, immersive and beautiful Fable experience. Powered by the latest technology.

When you wake up in this new world as Atlas, Richard, Hercules, Odessa or Margaret,
you will feel immersed by vast cities, with independent AI for every NPC. These NPC's can fall in love and start families,
creating an infinite number of new characters who will move into the world and start new towns and cities.
There can be love, there can be war, there can be festivities, there can be adventure and most of all there will be dreams.
Fable is the game of your dreams and Xbox will power those dreams and we can't wait to show you more in the future!"

Dream on Fablies!
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26877 on: December 19, 2020, 07:23:10 AM »

It looks so small...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 07:28:31 AM by MMaRsu »
What

Pissy F Benny