Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3102187 times)

Bebpo and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Bebpo

Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #33841 on: May 13, 2024, 03:48:45 PM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2024/05/13/square-enix-is-done-with-playstation-exclusivity-after-profit-drop/?sh=481aa420b602

About time.

I mean, I feel like outside of 16 and Rebirth, everything else they've released has been multiplatform already?

So now mainline FF will be. Ok. Should be fine on Switch 2, though don't expect them to push PS5/PS6 visuals much if they have to make sure the games run on Switch 2.
SE is doomed anyhow, so doesn't really matter.

Himu

« Reply #33842 on: May 13, 2024, 03:54:23 PM »
Most of Japan is on Switch. You have a lot of your key audience on that system. Only FF diehards bought XVI and VII Rebirth and how many diehards does FF really have anymore? You milked your product dry. Four years after original remake? FF is nothing like how it was in its prime. Splitting one of the most hotly anticipated remakes into a three part game. So many factors.

Make the next FF for Switch, PS, and PC. Push aesthetic over cutting edge graphics. Make it turn based Ike FFX/1-III or have ATB. Go back to basics. Make Kitase direct and hire Naora to write. Downscale Nomura esque hijinks. They do not help when you need organization in a time of battle. Potentially hire Sakaguchi as advisor or producer. He’s amazing at seeing talent and putting it in the right holes. Save FF. FFXVII should be a back to basics affair. Turn based is cool again. Baldurs Gate III just ransack shyt.

FF has more than a platform problem. FFXVI is on ps5 and pc and has been utterly forgotten. It was also the first major FF (and now Rebirth) I haven’t bought since becoming a fan with FFVII in 1997.

Save the franchise.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33843 on: May 15, 2024, 12:06:43 PM »
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #33844 on: May 15, 2024, 05:53:45 PM »
looks sick
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #33845 on: May 16, 2024, 12:40:48 AM »
Saw this game on a random youtube rec and lmfao

"Oh it's just a Crazy Taxi wannabe."
"Get the bombs? Uhhh lmao"
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #33846 on: May 16, 2024, 02:02:41 AM »
Saw that Assassin's Creed Japan stars Yasuke and cacs are going insane in a frenzy. White men truly are pathetic weaklings.

Looks dope. Day one :rejoice
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33847 on: May 16, 2024, 12:52:57 PM »

I really wanted to buy this but I bought Ghost of Tushima first.
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33848 on: May 16, 2024, 12:56:06 PM »
Saw that Assassin's Creed Japan stars Yasuke and cacs are going insane in a frenzy. White men truly are pathetic weaklings.

Oh sure now it's white men who are the bad guys. Maybe stop being such a racist cunt?

The cultural appropriation from Ubisoft is pathetic, and you're falling for it.

Imagine wanting to play as a japanese protagonist in an fuedal japanese setting smh. RACIST RACIST!!!!

And you're gonna say "But the female is japanese! Whats the beef?" Well my question is why is she a fictional character, and he isn't? What's the point of having Yasuke in there?

Either way if you don't like it you're labeled a racist, or a snowflake or whatever. It's so fucking pathetic and clear Reeee strategy. Are you imploying that BS here too?

I love CJ. He's my fav GTA protag. Marcus from WD2 is dope. Plenty of black protagonists and characters I adore.

This does not fit within the setting. Plenty of japanese gamers seem not to be amused either.

In previous AC games (with the exception of Eivor in Valhalla), all the protagonists are indigenous to their country in which you play. But why not here? When people have been clamoring for a AC game set in Japan since forever?
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33849 on: May 16, 2024, 01:09:28 PM »
Pretty sure all these folks are racists too according to Himu
What

Himu

« Reply #33850 on: May 16, 2024, 01:11:13 PM »
White men are always crying. They’re easily the worst gamers.

Why are they using the “he was only a retainer” argument? These dudes know nothing about samurai. Mitsuhide Akechi, one of Oda’s most loyal men, and the man infamous for betraying and killing him, was one of his retainers. Yet no one would debate Mitsuhide was a samurai. Moreover, even Hideyoshi Toyotomi, the future shogun and one of the three great uniters, was also a retainer of Oda. Essentially, being a retainer is high rank and definitely qualifies under the prerequisites of the definition of samurai. They’re just too ignorant and racist to know otherwise.

But nope. Here comes the white experts.

Didn’t have a problem having Nioh having a white lead. Didn’t make any noise of Tom Cruise being the Last Samurai. But any time there’s a black lead for anything there’s riots and talk of boycott from San Andreas to this. Even the black made Metroidvania Tales of Kenzera is accused of being DEI. It gets to a point where black people realize cacs only have a problem when there’s a black main character of anything irregardless of context.

Imagine waking up and being a hateful, filthy, pasty, unlotioned cac. Today I woke up and thanked Allah that I was moisturized. Racist whites are the enemy. I wish their mothers swallowed them instead of giving them birth. One less racist cracker on the streets of America. Pathetic, vile, weak race of men. Always wah wah-ing when they’re easily the weakest bunch in the whole barrel.
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33851 on: May 16, 2024, 01:22:55 PM »
Listen the DEI nonsense isnt what Im talking about but theres a legitimate gripe for wanting to play as a legit japanese character in a japanese setting.

Its why Im excited to play Ghost of Tushima and bought it right away.

With Ubisofts storytelling sensibilities, Im not really sure the story will be good at all. I havent liked a Ubisoft story since Watch Dogs 2.

I love Afro Samurai. I have no issue with some shit like that.

But to me this DOES feel like pandering regardless of the DEI sheit which Im not a fan of. And yeah its a real shame Tales of Kenzaru was bombarded with that bullshit as well. I still want to play that.

Edit-

maybe its not pandering but it does come across as Ubisoft saying nah fuck that we aint putting in a male asian protagonist.
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33852 on: May 16, 2024, 01:27:41 PM »

Why are they using the “he was only a retainer” argument? These dudes know nothing about samurai. Mitsuhide Akechi, one of Oda’s most loyal men, and the man infamous for betraying and killing him, was one of his retainers. Yet no one would debate Mitsuhide was a samurai. Moreover, even Hideyoshi Toyotomi, the future shogun and one of the three great uniters, was also a retainer of Oda. Essentially, being a retainer is high rank and definitely qualifies under the prerequisites of the definition of samurai. They’re just too ignorant and racist to know otherwise.

But nope. Here comes the white experts.

Didn’t have a problem having Nioh having a white lead. Didn’t make any noise of Tom Cruise being the Last Samurai. But any time there’s a black lead for anything there’s riots and talk of boycott from San Andreas to this. Even the black made Metroidvania Tales of Kenzera is accused of being DEI. It gets to a point where black people realize cacs only have a problem when there’s a black main character of anything irregardless of context.

Imagine waking up and being a hateful, filthy, pasty, unlotioned cac. Today I woke up and thanked Allah that I was moisturized. Racist whites are the enemy. I wish their mothers swallowed them instead of giving them birth. One less racist cracker on the streets of America. Pathetic, vile, weak race of men. Always wah wah-ing when they’re easily the weakest bunch in the whole barrel.

Nioh was made by a japanese team. And adams was a real important person. But they have the freedom to picture their culture however they want.

Isnt it cultural appropriation for french canadians (mostly white people I might remind you) for them to reenvision it this way?
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33853 on: May 16, 2024, 01:51:05 PM »
Then again there's always a new outrage every other fucking week im really done with that bullshit too
its just a lot of grifting for the wrong reasons

I never hear an outrage about the 70$ filled with microtransactions, season passed out the ass, 130$ play 3 day early edition and get these extra missions, online required to install stuff

And thats just as annoying and probably even worse for the industry

next to this entire grifting bullshit

So Ill just go watch Shogun, play Ghost of Tushima PC Port and report back on how it is :)
What

Himu

« Reply #33854 on: May 16, 2024, 01:57:56 PM »
Cacs have been mad at black main characters including Mafia III and Prototype 2. They will say this is about being in Japan but Yasuke was a real person and a real samurai. No, it’s about blackness. Crackers are the enemy and treat us as such.

The past few years have had numerous samurai games you can choose from: Sekiro, Ghost of Tsushima, the upcoming Rise of the Ronin, and more. Many begged Ubi to make this game for over a decade and they were beaten to the punch in more ways than one. It seems obvious to me they don’t want to be compared to Ghost of Tsushima and others and wanted to differentiate themselves in an already busy field. But nope. Crackers gotta cry. Crackers: Shadows Cry First.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 02:02:37 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33855 on: May 16, 2024, 02:05:14 PM »

There are some Japanese people not liking it either- "I wanted to play as a Japanese ninja," etc.

SURPRISE BITCHES YOU *DO* play as a Japanese ninja.  The main character is a kunoichi and she is the one who does all the assassin's Creed style missions and recruits members to a plan and builds up a base. Yasuke is apparently going to be something different play wise.

For all the claims of this game being "woke" I think it's a pretty cool choice that they made with Yasuke. Makes it stand out.

Most likely not going to buy it however because ass crud games are shit. :doge
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #33856 on: May 16, 2024, 02:05:59 PM »
Then again there's always a new outrage every other fucking week im really done with that bullshit too

I never hear an outrage about the 70$ filled with microtransactions, season passed out the ass, 130$ play 3 day early edition and get these extra missions, online required to install stuff

So Ill just go watch Shogun, play Ghost of Tushima PC Port and report back on how it is :)

Ah yes Shogun, the story that makes a cac a centerpiece of the story. No problems there. It’s blackness that’s the problem.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #33857 on: May 16, 2024, 02:08:44 PM »

There are some Japanese people not liking it either- "I wanted to play as a Japanese ninja," etc.

SURPRISE BITCHES YOU *DO* play as a Japanese ninja.  The main character is a kunoichi and she is the one who does all the assassin's Creed style missions and recruits members to a plan and builds up a base. Yasuke is apparently going to be something different play wise.

For all the claims of this game being "woke" I think it's a pretty cool choice that they made with Yasuke. Makes it stand out.

Most likely not going to buy it however because ass crud games are shit. :doge

You play as a whole ass Kunoichi!

Does she not count because she’s a woman?

:mindblown
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33858 on: May 16, 2024, 02:10:22 PM »

https://twitter.com/khaliltooshort/status/1790508185150734692?t=uFnsJuBlJy0UjYwbJ4xHwQ&s=19

:idont

We don't really know too much about Yasuke tbh.  He may have not even been from Africa. 

He is listed as a retainer in some articles, but keep in mind that right now for some reason people are deciding to edit Wikipedia to make it fit their narrative. He was allowed to own a house and he did have a sword. But he wasn't a samurai- and who cares because it's just a title.  Also none of this matters because it's a video game and it's not trying to be historically accurate. It's not even the first time he's been in a video game for that matter. He was in samurai Warriors 5 for example.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 02:15:23 PM by bork »
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #33859 on: May 16, 2024, 02:15:15 PM »

https://twitter.com/khaliltooshort/status/1790508185150734692?t=uFnsJuBlJy0UjYwbJ4xHwQ&s=19

:idont

We don't really know too much about Yasuke tbh.  He may have not even been from Africa. 

He is listed as a retainer in some articles, but keep in mind that right now for some reason people are deciding to edit Wikipedia to make it fit their narrative. He was allowed to own a house and he did have a sword. But he wasn't a samurai.  Also none of this matters because it's a video game. It's not even the first time he's been in a video game for that matter. He was in samurai Warriors 5 for example.

He’s an utter fool.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33860 on: May 16, 2024, 02:16:16 PM »
Yes he is, and notice that he's not white. It's not a bunch of white people up in arms over this. Morons are every race, ethnicity, etc. 
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #33861 on: May 16, 2024, 02:17:19 PM »
The vast majority and the loudest are white. There will always be crumbs in the edges of the seat.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33862 on: May 16, 2024, 02:21:10 PM »
Nah, it's getting this kind of reaction from all over.

https://x.com/Mangalawyer/status/1790806956279566712

The one comment that they got the architecture wrong and it's Chinese is interesting though
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #33863 on: May 16, 2024, 02:23:05 PM »
That Learning the Law guy is a cac giving selective Japanese testimony to make it seem like all Japanese are against it because he’s a filthy unwashed racist.

https://x.com/trewatsonmusic/status/1790899110448431269
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33864 on: May 16, 2024, 02:27:25 PM »
Nobody is saying that everybody in Japan is against this. I am quite certain that there's plenty of people who are just happy to see a game with the setting in Japan and think it's cool that they went with Yasuke- he had a bit of a surge in popularity a few years ago too what with an anime and sw5 too.

Ubisoft allegedly changed the original main character of this game to yasuke and I assume the female ninja. I still don't understand what the uproar about this is to be honest with you- this makes the game stand out more compared to other similar type of titles.

And I'm not sure what the tweet you posted really means. I also have a B.A. in East Asian studies from my university- doesn't make me an expert on this. Yasuke's story is vague.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33865 on: May 16, 2024, 02:39:44 PM »
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #33866 on: May 16, 2024, 02:47:07 PM »
Only thing I'll say about this is that, I love Viking shit... But Valhalla sucked ass... Couldn't finish that bloated mess.  Fuck Ubisoft.

I like 'original' Star Wars shit too, but with how Ubi is plastering a massive paywall behind half the content in Outlaws?.. Fuck them... Keeping my money.

And with this AC, being the same team behind Valhalla, I'm just curious, what makes this game so exciting that hasn't been done already? And most likely better? Will this be better than Sekiro? Tenchu? Onimusha? Nioh? Ghost of Tsushima? Rise of the Ronin?  I would not bet on it.  Easy pass for me. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33867 on: May 16, 2024, 03:43:24 PM »
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33868 on: May 16, 2024, 05:30:45 PM »
Cacs have been mad at black main characters including Mafia III and Prototype 2. They will say this is about being in Japan but Yasuke was a real person and a real samurai. No, it’s about blackness. Crackers are the enemy and treat us as such.

The past few years have had numerous samurai games you can choose from: Sekiro, Ghost of Tsushima, the upcoming Rise of the Ronin, and more. Many begged Ubi to make this game for over a decade and they were beaten to the punch in more ways than one. It seems obvious to me they don’t want to be compared to Ghost of Tsushima and others and wanted to differentiate themsel

ves in an already busy field. But nope. Crackers gotta cry. Crackers: Shadows Cry First.

wtf is even a cac dude it doesnt sound nice
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33869 on: May 16, 2024, 05:31:54 PM »

Ah yes Shogun, the story that makes a cac a centerpiece of the story. No problems there. It’s blackness that’s the problem.

??? ??? ???

mans mad af
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33870 on: May 16, 2024, 05:33:09 PM »
The vast majority and the loudest are white. There will always be crumbs in the edges of the seat.

surprise white people represent a large portion of the gaming public

wrar wrar white people

Jesus Himu
What

Himu

« Reply #33871 on: May 16, 2024, 06:59:12 PM »
I am talking about white people because the racist ones are the enemy and try to raise an uproar anytime there’s any remotely black representation anywhere. They are the main ones against this. Those racist crackers and their cracker lover hanger ons.

https://x.com/fujikakerin/status/1790864518652022954

https://x.com/skull_os/status/1790949113397461310

IYKYK

Himu

IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #33873 on: May 16, 2024, 08:51:32 PM »
I really enjoyed Rise of The Ronin myself. Really was kind of an interesting entry into Japanese history and culture.

I wasn't going to play AC whatever. I do think it's lame they have chosen Yuske as a main character when it really should have been a Japanese person.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33874 on: May 16, 2024, 10:29:32 PM »
I wasn't going to play AC whatever. I do think it's lame they have chosen Yuske as a main character when it really should have been a Japanese person.

There is a Japanese person as the main character- the game has two of them. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33875 on: May 16, 2024, 10:36:42 PM »
https://x.com/soulkinglives/status/1791097859305070642

Yasuke (弥助 or 弥介) was a man, likely of African origin, who served as a servant and retainer to the Japanese daimyō Oda Nobunaga in 1581–1582, during the Sengoku period.[2] He was retained by the daimyō as a koshō (小姓, page) for a period of 15 months until Nobunaga's death in the Honnō-ji Incident.[/b]

And while most accounts say that he was African, it's not confirmed and one account said that he was from India.  Nobody even knows what his real name is!  "Yasuke" is what Nobunaga called him.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 10:41:10 PM by bork »
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33876 on: May 17, 2024, 01:57:41 AM »

Yeah.but why is one fixgional and one based in a real guy

Kinda dumb
What

Himu

« Reply #33877 on: May 17, 2024, 03:32:38 AM »

Yeah.but why is one fixgional and one based in a real guy

Kinda dumb

The kunoichi is based off the Iga clan so still kinda real.
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33878 on: May 17, 2024, 08:01:10 AM »
Well yes im glad its based on something real, i just dont understand why create one character after a real personage bur the other protag is just made up 🤷🏼‍♂️

Also would love to know what Himu thinks of the main writer

Why is it always the same type?

What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33879 on: May 17, 2024, 08:01:48 AM »
Ghost of Tsushima pc runs very well, but its a hard game! Well on hard at least :p.
What

Rahxephon91

« Reply #33880 on: May 17, 2024, 08:45:56 AM »

Yes they made the marketable woman the Asian and not the man.

It's not hard to see why.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #33881 on: May 17, 2024, 09:05:21 AM »
Well yes im glad its based on something real, i just dont understand why create one character after a real personage bur the other protag is just made up 🤷🏼‍♂️

(Image removed from quote.)

The same type?

Someone who is understanding that other people exist?

Svejk

« Reply #33882 on: May 17, 2024, 10:46:29 AM »
Ghost of Tsushima pc runs very well, but its a hard game! Well on hard at least :p.
Game is pretty good.  Once you get the timing for combat down, it's pretty stellar and cinematic and feels good as hell.  The stealth is good, but pretty average.  Landscapes are obviously beautiful, but the second half will get boring cuz it gets really repetitive.  Great game over all, just a bit too much by the numbers, but feels remarkably authentic. 

I'm one of the few people that feels the game does not need a sequel, but we all know it's happening, which is unfortunate to me... Just hope they really expound more on levels design (bigger, more complex compounds) and more cool ninja techniques.. Similar to the cool shit you could do in Tenchu: Fatal Shadows.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33883 on: May 17, 2024, 11:28:07 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

The same type?

Someone who is understanding that other people exist?

The fat white women.
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33884 on: May 17, 2024, 01:00:59 PM »

Lol
What

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #33885 on: May 17, 2024, 04:36:25 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33886 on: May 17, 2024, 05:13:06 PM »

Gonna wait on this despite all the positive reviews- just get the feeling there's going to be hinge issues popping up or problems with the thermals based on the design.
ど助平

Polident Hive

« Reply #33887 on: May 18, 2024, 02:32:07 AM »
I keep going back and forth on buying one of those lower end handhelds. This GBA SP is appealing. As was the Sega Saturn pad with a screen one. But I have the Steam Deck for bigger emulation. And if you spend a little more the Android handhelds seem more versatile.

Speaking of, Ayn Odin Mini sure looks familiar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33888 on: May 18, 2024, 08:23:58 AM »
https://www.theverge.com/2024/5/18/24159584/ayaneo-pocket-dmg-micro-ag01-egpu

Here comes Aya with more emulator handhelds.  That GBA Micro one looks slick.
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33889 on: May 18, 2024, 09:26:35 AM »
With Assassins Creed yall freaking out about a nothing burger.

The main character is obviously the Shinobi waifu doing the stealth, the "warrior" class in these modern AC games is just the Funky Kong easy mode for players who can't stealth.
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #33890 on: May 18, 2024, 02:45:19 PM »

Gonna wait on this despite all the positive reviews- just get the feeling there's going to be hinge issues popping up or problems with the thermals based on the design.

I skimmed the reviews and I don't get the audience for these things. Sleep mode not working and crappy emulation for anything beyond like PS1 (PSP and N64 seems terrible). Just doesn't seem interesting to me when there are handheld emulators that can run all this stuff great.

Himu

« Reply #33891 on: May 18, 2024, 06:55:50 PM »
holy fuck

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #33892 on: May 18, 2024, 07:07:11 PM »
Svejk!!!!!

IYKYK

Polident Hive

« Reply #33893 on: May 19, 2024, 01:08:50 AM »
I skimmed the reviews and I don't get the audience for these things. Sleep mode not working and crappy emulation for anything beyond like PS1 (PSP and N64 seems terrible). Just doesn't seem interesting to me when there are handheld emulators that can run all this stuff great.

Usually third party software comes along to fix some problems. Garlic/Onion and another one that clones the Analogue Pocket UI. And the hardware is sometimes around $60.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33894 on: May 19, 2024, 05:29:49 AM »
holy fuck

I mean thats nothing! Look at this craziness

What

Himu

« Reply #33895 on: May 19, 2024, 10:00:35 AM »
holy fuck

I mean thats nothing! Look at this craziness

Holy damn.

IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #33896 on: May 19, 2024, 09:09:03 PM »
That WRC looks pretty good!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33897 on: May 19, 2024, 10:29:22 PM »

Usually third party software comes along to fix some problems. Garlic/Onion and another one that clones the Analogue Pocket UI. And the hardware is sometimes around $60.

This.  The GBA SP knock-off is like $58 and a custom os developer already has a working sleep function.

The form factor makes this super pocketable/portable which is also why a lot of people are interested.
ど助平

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #33898 on: May 21, 2024, 10:00:07 AM »

Svejk

« Reply #33899 on: May 21, 2024, 02:24:14 PM »