Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3018334 times)

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2010, 10:57:40 PM »
:(

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2010, 11:02:08 PM »
I hate Ethan but I want to find out what happens to Shelby
itm

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2010, 11:02:35 PM »
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASON

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2010, 12:47:18 PM »
Is there a Peggle 2 in the making? My mother wants to know.

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2010, 12:58:35 PM »
Yeah, she has even played the 10 WoW Peggle levels hehe. And the extra levels from the DS version, too.
Peggle is crack to her. But she's getting bored by the current Peggle games/levels. She wants more..

She doesn't like the other popcap games. PLants vs Zombies is too hard for her lol.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2010, 01:02:00 PM »
They will probably do another down the road but that isn't the sort of game that gets announced until relatively close to release. You said she doesn't like other Pop Cap games but Plants versus Zombies is nothing like Peggle and wouldn't be the one I would recommend from their stuff.  That would be Zuma which has nice casual appeal.

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2010, 01:02:31 PM »
My best friend told me he really wants to play Heavy Rain, what should I do? :(
SRY

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2010, 01:03:27 PM »
Have sex with him
fat

Stoney Mason

« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2010, 01:04:48 PM »
My best friend told me he really wants to play Heavy Rain, what should I do? :(

If he likes that type of game there is no problem. There is nothing especially wrong with Heavy Rain conceptually as long as a person knows what he is buying into.

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2010, 01:23:44 PM »
:lol
SRY

cool breeze

« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2010, 05:57:31 PM »
Splinter Cell Conviction is confirmed to use the new AC2 DRM model on PC (always online).  $60 like AC2 as well.

Depending on how AC2 turns out, which I think releases this month, I might go ahead and get this on 360 or not at all.

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2010, 06:00:03 PM »
Yeah, if the new Splinter Cell game uses the same DRM bullshit as AC2, you're kind of a fool if you buy it on the PC .
Tacos

cool breeze

« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2010, 06:05:45 PM »
yeah.  my problem with the 360 version is that it looks pretty rough.  I didn't have a huge problem with AC2 on the 360 and that was my favorite game last year.  At least that had the benefit of a 4 month delay of the PC version so I wasn't tempted.

Powerslave

« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2010, 07:37:01 PM »
Tried to play MW2 at a friend's house today, game closed off automatically due to that distinguished mentally-challenged error mentioned above  :yuck

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2010, 07:53:20 PM »
yeah.  my problem with the 360 version is that it looks pretty rough.  I didn't have a huge problem with AC2 on the 360 and that was my favorite game last year.  At least that had the benefit of a 4 month delay of the PC version so I wasn't tempted.

buy it on pc, download and install a copy with all that bullshit hacked out of it, enjoy your game with a clear conscience
sup

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2010, 07:53:22 PM »
I think suit in Dead Space 2 looks a little... feminine.

I hope they don't screw this up (I would consider something like Bioshock 2 a screw up).

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2010, 07:57:03 PM »
why would you need a neon screen on your chest

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2010, 07:58:14 PM »
Dead Space 2 is going to have multiplayer.  It's following the Bioshock 2 path nicely already!
ど助平

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2010, 07:58:58 PM »
Dead Space 2 is going to have multiplayer.  It's following the Bioshock 2 path nicely already!

SHIT YEAH DEAD SPACE 2 ONLINE DEATHMATCH BITCHES can't wait to frag some hoes!  MLG reprezent sponsored by mountain dew G4M3R FU3L!!!

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2010, 08:00:51 PM »
Imma chop your limbs off Don Flamenco.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2010, 08:04:19 PM »

whateva bitch, we settle this in some dead space 2 CTF MP DEATHMATCH ON dat Xbawx Live mother fucka.

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2010, 08:18:36 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

I hope they don't screw this up (I would consider something like Bioshock 2 a screw up).

Bioshock had nowhere to go for the sequel.  It should've been a one and done type of deal.  But the Dead Space IP has a ton of potential and they could really expand it into something brilliant.....again.  I've got faith in DS2.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 08:21:15 PM by Hitler Stole My Potato »
Tacos

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2010, 09:45:15 PM »
That's a great point.

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2010, 09:46:06 PM »

whateva bitch, we settle this in some dead space 2 CTF MP DEATHMATCH ON dat Xbawx Live mother fucka.

There's only one limb I'm really interested in.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2010, 06:21:05 AM »
well this is pretty random so it counts right?  :-[
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
<----

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2010, 06:26:00 AM »
 Why did i click on that vid
??? ??? ???
 :rofl
cat

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2010, 06:38:37 AM »

cool breeze

« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2010, 06:18:19 PM »
The first game to use Ubisoft's new DRM (where you must be connected to the internet), Silent Hunter 5, has been cracked before the game officially released.

One again, pirates win on PC and legit consumers get hosed.

:piss PC gaming :piss2

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2010, 07:44:26 PM »
"I have a friend at Sony who says SSX5 will be at E3 and will be PS3 exclusive".

had a buddy of mine that works for Sony drop me a line today. Haven't talked to him in years, said he wanted to let me know that E3 ought to be a very happy time for me, if I am still in love with SSX.

Semi-cryptic as always, thats par for the course. The strange thing is he said its likely going to be a PS3 exclusive(?? wasn't expecting that) and that it will use sony's motion controller(maybe thats why its exclusive??).

Either way, I am excited for the game, but not too sure about the motion control. Thought the Wii SSX title was a bit too gimicky, hopefully they can address that.

To play the next SSX I'd have to buy a PS3 and I'd have to waggle.  The stuff nightmares are made of.

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8678

Stoney Mason

« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2010, 09:15:08 AM »
Ubisoft just told VG247 that talk of its new PC DRM being cracked is a “rumor” and that a previous story claiming Silent Hunter 5 has been broken is “false”.“You have probably seen rumors on the web that Assassin’s Creed II and Silent Hunter 5 have been cracked,” said the firm in a statement.“Please know that this rumor is false and while a pirated version may seem to be complete at start up, any gamer who downloads and plays a cracked version will find that their version is not complete.”

:smug

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2010, 09:57:19 AM »
will just be re-cracked with the missing parts hacked in

honestly, if i were interested in any of these games on pc (only really interested in splinter cell, and that's always been a console game to me), i'd just buy the retail game and then download a cracked version to play whenever and wherever i wanted - i figure fuck 'em, it's my game.  i already look for a no-cd crack first thing after i buy a game nowadays, anyway.

as we've seen with people not being able to play psn games during the date fuckup, ownership of games on pc AND console has already slipped to the side of "tentative"

it's going to be hilarious next -gen, i predict wonderfully comical things like licensing issues rendering psn/xbla games useless on new systems, and wyldde wykkid meltdowns over it
sup

cool breeze

« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2010, 11:31:15 AM »
yeah, even if there was a crack out, I would have bought Splinter Cell on PC and just cracked it to avoid the DRM.  The difference for me is that without a fix for the DRM, I won't be buying this game.  Just last night my internet went out because comcast sucks gigantic balls and I would have raged hard if Bad Company 2 stopped working.

It would have been fine with a Shadow Complex type situation where you can play the entire game in one sitting if you wanted to, but to save and get achievements, you needed to purchase it.  Essentially, it checks for internet when you boot, and that checks lasts until you close the game.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2010, 02:09:06 PM »
lulz

If SCE Benelux has its way, that “Surprise Sony sequel” could be revealed in just a little under three hours from now, 8pm GMT to be exact.
President of the firm in the region, Dave Epke tweeted the news earlier in Dutch:
Vanavond rond 21:00 word er een nieuwe PS3 game bekend gemaakt.Tot nu toe nog geen juiste ”inzendingen” waargenomen.
Translated into English, it roughly says a reveal is on for 9pm CET.
Tonight around 21:00 am a new PS3 game announced
We’ll shoot an email off to SCE UK to see if this applies to the UK and the rest of Europe.
However, if it doesn’t show up tonight, it will by 6am GMT tomorrow morning when the new GTTV airs. Whatever it is, though, it’s not Resistance 3.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/04/rumour-surprise-sony-sequel-to-be-revealed-at-800pm-gmt-tonight/

OptimoPeach

« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2010, 02:25:36 PM »
How bad is Far Cry 2 on 360? I loved fucking around with it when I had a PC that could play it with all the settings on high, but now I don't and have been itching for some open FPS action. I'm having trouble finding good comparison screens so I'm sorta hesitant -- and plus there's the fact that I'll be playing an FPS on console :yuck
hi5

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2010, 03:17:23 PM »
So GTTV's big Ps3 reveal is SOCOM 4?  :lol
One of the worst Sony franchises.

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2010, 03:19:39 PM »
How bad is Far Cry 2 on 360? I loved fucking around with it when I had a PC that could play it with all the settings on high, but now I don't and have been itching for some open FPS action. I'm having trouble finding good comparison screens so I'm sorta hesitant -- and plus there's the fact that I'll be playing an FPS on console :yuck

The biggest difference is that you have to get to safe houses or wait until after mission completions to save. Graphically, it's not that far off, shadows are sort of shit though.

So GTTV's big Ps3 reveal is SOCOM 4?  :lol
One of the worst Sony franchises.

Also one of Sony's biggest franchises. Depending on who is developing the game, it could be pretty big.

Then again, there isn't exactly a shortage of modern military shooters coming up, so hey.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 03:25:07 PM by duckman2000 »

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2010, 03:42:31 PM »
SOCOM is the same as Halo when it comes to graphics. Both games look pretty bad, and each sequel looks like the previous game.
But unlike SOCOM, each Halo game improves on the gameplay and is actually fun to play.

cool breeze

« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2010, 04:49:16 PM »
Last socom single player I played was SOCOM 2 and I enjoyed that.  I'm also happy that after a few years of nothing, there will be two squad based tactical shooters (this and Ghost Recon) hitting around the same time.  But isn't this kind of a bad idea? I know it's a popular series, but that was on the PS2 when there were very few modern day shooters out.  A PS3 Syphon Filter would have been preferable.

just saw pictures...ew. brown and desaturated.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 04:51:51 PM by swaggaz »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2010, 04:53:59 PM »
MAG, SOCOM... no difference
fat

Stoney Mason

« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2010, 04:54:24 PM »
If the big reveal is Socom 4 then meh.

There is certainly a fan base for the series but its never done anything for me personally.

Good news for Socom fans I guess.

Also one of Sony's biggest franchises. Depending on who is developing the game, it could be pretty big.

How are we defining "biggest"? That last socom game neither sold especially well nor was it reviewed very well. The last time Socom was a big deal to normal people was last gen when it had that style of shooter covered because there wasn't much competition.

To answer your other question, supposedly Zipper is the dev.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/04/socom-4-out-this-fall-says-zipper/
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 05:07:43 PM by Stoney Mason »

duckman2000

« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2010, 05:03:33 PM »
Are you talking about Confrontation? That was initially branded as "SOCOM HD," it was online only and it was also developed by a different developer. I know better than to assume that PS3 owners will buy anything, but there is a brand history here. We'll see how much of it was just talk, but Confrontation and MAG threads have been crammed with talk about how Zipper should work on the real deal instead.

Personally, I don't care much. Between MOH and GRFS, I should have all the modern to near future shooters I need.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 05:05:21 PM by duckman2000 »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2010, 05:06:29 PM »
Are you talking about Confrontation? That was initially branded as "SOCOM HD," it was online only and it was also developed by a different developer. I know better than to assume that PS3 owners will buy anything, but there is a brand history here. We'll see how much of it was just talk, but Confrontation and MAG threads have been crammed with talk about how Zipper should work on the real deal instead.

I don't have a problem with fans anticipating a game. I was just quibbling with your word choice of "biggest". Socom is a solid franchise for Sony but its no mammoth franchise imo in the ways that categorize that word. But anyway like I said good for Socom fans that they get another Socom game developed by Zipper.

cool breeze

« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2010, 05:07:27 PM »
the one reason why I have even some interest in this new socom is a single player campaign

and destructible environments.  Playing BC2 and RFG, I wish all games had that kind of destruction.

but it sure is ugly

duckman2000

« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2010, 05:08:57 PM »
It's one of their biggest franchises, period, nothing there to quibble about. It certainly doesn't need to be a mammoth seller to qualify for that, either.

but it sure is ugly

Wouldn't be a Zipper game if it wasn't. Although, I thought MAG looked surprisingly decent, given how massive it was. Still ugly, though.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2010, 05:09:32 PM »
It's one of their biggest franchises, period, nothing there to quibble about. It certainly doesn't need to be a mammoth seller to qualify for that, either.

sigh. whatever.

duckman2000

« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2010, 05:13:20 PM »

sigh. whatever.

Care to make a comprehensive list of mammoth selling Sony franchises? Because I sure as hell can't think of many high charting series, at least not ones that are still active. This is a consistent series that is now on its third platform, and the games have sold well in the past. Whether that will continue now remains to be seen.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 05:15:09 PM by duckman2000 »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2010, 05:16:57 PM »
Care to make a comprehensive list of mammoth selling Sony franchises? Because I sure as hell can't think of many high charting series. This is a consistent series that is now on its third platform, and the games have sold well in the past. Whether that will continue now remains to be seen.

How about Gran Tourismo, God of War, Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted with 2 now gets to join that pantheon. Probably some others I'm forgetting off the top of my head. But if you say Socom 4 is a massive franchise and one of their biggest, then so be it. We'll wait for the sales to see how mammoth it is, and if it is a mammoth seller then I'll agree, hey Socom is a "big" franchise.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 05:18:55 PM by Stoney Mason »

cool breeze

« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2010, 05:17:46 PM »
God of War
Gran Turismo

I'm out of ideas

I think socom is still a strong series, and iirc, confrontation wasn't a failure.  But it is hard to deny that socom on ps2 popularity was because it was released at a time when few other online shooters were out.  I remember when Ghost Recon 2 was coming out people were saying it reminded them of SOCOM; that's how early SOCOM was in this whole online shooter game thing.

I don't think it is as expendable as Mech Assault or Crimson Skies (in terms of "games popular because there wasn't much else"), but I don't think it should be as popular as it once was.

btw, I still would want Mech Assault or Crimson Skies XBLA.

duckman2000

« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2010, 05:21:26 PM »
Care to make a comprehensive list of mammoth selling Sony franchises? Because I sure as hell can't think of many high charting series. This is a consistent series that is now on its third platform, and the games have sold well in the past. Whether that will continue now remains to be seen.

How about Gran Tourismo, God of War, Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted with 2 now gets to join that pantheon. Probably some others I'm forgetting off the top of my head. But if you say Socom 4 is a massive franchise and one of their biggest, then so be it. We'll wait for the sales to see how mammoth it is, and if it is mammoth seller then I'll agree, hey Socom is a "big" franchise.

I am not saying that SOCOM is a "mammoth franchise." That's your dumb interpretation, and wording. I'm saying that it's one of their biggest franchises, which it is. Which incidentally might say more about the state of Sony franchises than anything, but that's besides the point. The point is that as one of their biggest franchises, it's hardly surprising that there would be a SOCOM game coming out.

And Metal Gear isn't even a Sony game, wtf.

I think socom is still a strong series, and iirc, confrontation wasn't a failure.  But it is hard to deny that socom on ps2 popularity was because it was released at a time when few other online shooters were out.  I remember when Ghost Recon 2 was coming out people were saying it reminded them of SOCOM; that's how early SOCOM was in this whole online shooter game thing.

As said, I'm not going to make any assumptions about PS3 owners, given that they don't seem to be interested in anything other than maybe Gran Turismo. SOCOM seems to have a following, but that could be all talk, fueled by nostalgia. We'll see soon enough. The sad thing is that even lukewarm consumer reception would at worst put it on level with other first party games released on the PS3.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 05:27:49 PM by duckman2000 »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2010, 05:26:17 PM »
sigh.

The one thing I very much like about The Bore is that instead of getting into a protracted argument and I can just drop it and call you a name and end the conversation without getting banned. so I'll do that.

Duckman you're a
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Conversation ended.

duckman2000

« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2010, 05:33:03 PM »
Go suck a bible, jesusfreak.

duckman2000

« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2010, 07:50:14 PM »
The only dedicated gaming device I own now is a DS, and I don't think anyone wants to chat about SpongeBob Squarepants: Creature from the Krusty Crab.  :'(

cool breeze

« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2010, 10:23:37 PM »
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-ex-modnation-racers/17-2118/

good look at a more recent build of Modnation Racers.  They seemed to address most problems with the beta, like the camera position and whatnot.  New additions seem like four player splitscreen locally and two splitscreen online play.

still interested in it, but I think it might suffer the same problem that LBP had where you didn't have any real stand out levels

Bebpo

« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2010, 10:36:18 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

It's a girl :P  Between that and the high heels boots in the other pics, it's definitely a woman.

duckman2000

« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2010, 11:17:00 PM »
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-ex-modnation-racers/17-2118/

good look at a more recent build of Modnation Racers.  They seemed to address most problems with the beta, like the camera position and whatnot.  New additions seem like four player splitscreen locally and two splitscreen online play.

still interested in it, but I think it might suffer the same problem that LBP had where you didn't have any real stand out levels

It's a lot easier to create excellent content yourself with this game, though. I loved the track editor in V-Rally, and that was complete shit compared to this one.

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2010, 03:52:27 AM »
the news that Vanquish has no multiplayer actually makes me feel more optimistic about the game.

Could co-op or deathmatch be fun with shitloads of mechs and Japanesy/Gears of War stuff?  Sure, I guess so.  Would I much rather have a polished single player game without having to depend on the world's population of turdburglers to make my game fun?  Yes, a thousand times yes.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2010, 04:06:19 AM »
I just found out that there's a Roguelike homebrew for the PSP called Powder

Link: http://www.zincland.com/powder/index.php?pagename=about

Om nom nom nom
:9

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2010, 05:49:56 AM »
the news that Vanquish has no multiplayer actually makes me feel more optimistic about the game.

no coop?

bomba.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2010, 09:03:07 AM »
This fits random

Sony appears to be working on a new kind of video game demo. A patent filed by SCEA details a system that gives users a full or nearly complete game to play with, but slowly removes features until you buy it.

The software has customizable triggers that disable features after a set number of plays or lapsed play time.
Removing weapons and playable characters are on the table too. Sony’s patent also lists subtle ideas such as softening sound effects, changing color depth, and/or brightness as other ways to encourage players to purchase a full version. In all cases, you can still play the game, just a limited version of it.

The patent says this system is better than current demos because degradable demos can be distributed on physical media and players can see the whole game for a limited amount of time. In other words, this system is “nag screen 2.0” that can be distributed on a disc and restored with an unlock key.
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/03/04/sony-patents-degradable-video-game-demos/
cat

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2010, 09:46:13 AM »
http://kotaku.com/5486473/dont-ask-dont-tell-policy-nixed-on-xbox-360-live

A change to the Xbox Live code of conduct this morning now allows gamers to express their sexual orientation in Xbox Live profiles or Gamertags.

The new policy states:

"You may use the following terms to express your relationship orientation in your profile or Gamertag: Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Transgender, Straight.