Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3049598 times)

magus

• LIKES FF7
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #300 on: March 20, 2010, 11:08:29 AM »
ign gave cave story 8.5
goddamit ign you suck so much,you are like the king of suckiness  :maf
<----

archie4208

« Reply #301 on: March 20, 2010, 11:15:47 AM »
8.5 is a good score. ???

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
« Reply #302 on: March 20, 2010, 11:20:40 AM »
cave story wiiware is going to be priced 1200 points
isn't that quite stupid considering you can download the game for free on your much more awesome pc?

Wow, the long wait, and then the assraping price... just wow...

cool breeze

« Reply #303 on: March 20, 2010, 11:56:06 AM »
1200 points = $12, right? the price points on Wiiware make XBLA seem good

I'll hold off until I ever get free points or it comes to PSN/XBLA.  I still need to get the blaster master game.

I only say free points on Wii because the system is so broken.  Buying things on Wiiware is like renting for a prolonged period, but only for that one hardware, and shit.  I played the PC version like five times before and really liked it.  All they need to do is let me tie all my purchases to an account and I would actually get things on Wiiware/DSiware.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 12:01:02 PM by swaggaz »

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #304 on: March 20, 2010, 01:10:20 PM »
1200 points for Cave Story? The fuck? That's not like, atrocious or anything, but it's definitely more than it should be.
SRY

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #305 on: March 20, 2010, 01:40:07 PM »
8.5 is a good score. ???
well yea but i can name tons of games that got a 9 at ign that are worse than cave story,why stop at 8.5?
spoiler (click to show/hide)
truth is i don't care that much but rage fisting at ign always makes me feel a little better about everything   :P
[close]
<----

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #306 on: March 20, 2010, 06:34:51 PM »
If Class of Heroes was called "Wizardry 9" and ran on the PC instead of the PSP, you wouldn't be able to swing a stick at a CRPG thread without hitting it ten times per page.
hex

archie4208

« Reply #307 on: March 20, 2010, 07:24:00 PM »
Your CoH pimping has singlehandedly made me put that game on my Goozex queue (along with MHF:U2 and Half Minute Hero) and made me give a second look at the PSP's library.  Now to find a cheap 2000 so I can mod it and play Persona 2 before I go to sleep.

archie4208

« Reply #308 on: March 20, 2010, 08:35:07 PM »
Apologies for the double post, but I saw this vid at GAF:

:bow PC :bow2

Bebpo

« Reply #309 on: March 20, 2010, 08:38:49 PM »
It's like Burnout: The FPS

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #310 on: March 20, 2010, 08:43:25 PM »
Wow, you're right. 2 Shit games on PC, a match made in heaven
fat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #311 on: March 20, 2010, 09:37:59 PM »
Apologies for the double post, but I saw this vid at GAF:

:bow PC :bow2

That is simply insane.  :lol
dog

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #312 on: March 21, 2010, 02:57:29 PM »
http://www.kmart.com/ue/home/KM_Coupon_Renaissance_NYC.pdf

If you live near a KMART, you can use this code to get 1600 MS point cards / $20 PSN cards / wii points for half off - just pick up a candy bar or something to make it over $20

Just want to add that you might want to call the store first, here.  I was going to use it earlier today to pick up some packing material for ebay stuff, and there was a note on the front door saying they weren't accepting them.  So they went from getting some of my money to getting none of it.  GG, K-Mart.
sup

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #313 on: March 21, 2010, 02:59:28 PM »
I didnt update on it, but KMart fucked up on the whole thing. The coupon was meant for certain stores in the NW (New York, Baltimore, Chicago), but the coupon didnt specify this, so it was posted on the internet and raepd so Kmart is all OMG liak its not our fault
fat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #314 on: March 21, 2010, 05:36:46 PM »
Here is a little game to play

Press X To Jason: The Game

So you don't have $380 to spend on a PlayStation 3 and Heavy Rain, huh? I know, it's a recession and all. But if you really want to experience the magic of David Cage's interactive drama wonderland of pressing buttons and things maybe happening, why not play our new free Flash game, Press X To Jason. Painstakingly recreating the opening of Heavy Rain, you must pursue your son Jason through a shopping mall to prevent a horrible tragedy. With four earnable achievements and a ranking system, this will get you up to speed for Heavy Rain in no time.

http://www.heavy.com/post/press-x-to-jason-the-game-4539

UK Resistance has a review

In the game, you press ‘X’ to ask people if they are Jason. This quickly becomes monotonous and the replayability score is therefore 4/10. The graphics are mostly 2D and therefore it only gets 2/10 for visualability. Soundplay is 3/10.

http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/

Leaderboards are  :lol

Also have a look at this

[youtube=560,345]#[/youtube]
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 05:46:48 PM by maxy »
cat

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #315 on: March 22, 2010, 03:28:26 PM »
holy fuckballs

i'm downsizing my game collection after about a decade of hoarding nearly everything, and JESUS CHRIST i am going to be a rich man!  LET'S HEAR IT FOR RARE SATURN GAMES!!!  even games like parasite eve 2 are going for $30+!  thank you for fattening my wallet you lame-ass nerds who'd rather play original copies even though you could easily run them on an emulator!
pcp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #316 on: March 22, 2010, 03:38:10 PM »
What games?

If you plan on selling on eBay, get ready to eat more fees than funds. A $30 game could set you back at least $4 in fees alone
fat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #317 on: March 22, 2010, 03:43:27 PM »
Super Mario Galaxy 2 Omits Hub World In Favor Of Traditional World Map

We first speculated  on it last month, but now it's confirmed: Super Mario Galaxy 2 will abandon the hub worlds featured in the plumber's other 3D adventures in favor of a traditional world map. Shigeru Miyamoto explains, "You can think of it in terms of something similar to Super Mario World or New Super Mario Bros. Wii, where you will have a rather convenient map to navigate."

He continues, "We want players to focus on the joy of the action instead of getting to each game course. We wanted to make it as accessible as possible and as easy as possible for the players. Also because we’re going to incorporate a number of different stars and conquering all the stars is going to be one of the most challenging missions for the player, we want them to understand as easy as possible where they should go next and which places they should go back to in order to get access to the remaining stars."

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/03/22/mario-galaxy-2-map.aspx

cat

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #318 on: March 22, 2010, 03:44:00 PM »
:-\
SRY

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #319 on: March 22, 2010, 03:45:15 PM »
next gen hub worlds are hard.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #320 on: March 22, 2010, 03:52:08 PM »
next gen hub worlds are hard.

Wii is next gen?
 :smug
cat

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #321 on: March 22, 2010, 03:53:25 PM »
 :drake

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #322 on: March 22, 2010, 04:33:07 PM »
What games?

If you plan on selling on eBay, get ready to eat more fees than funds. A $30 game could set you back at least $4 in fees alone

well shining force 3, Dracula X, Guardian Heroes and Bust-a-Move 2 are all good as gone, but i'm still trying to decide if i should get rid of all of my saturn games and just make an assload of cash.  i have panzer dragoon saga, radiant silvergun, magic knight rayearth, plus some other shit i don't remember.

i'm also getting rid of damn near all of my gba, n64 and super nintendo games, plus various ps1, ps2, psp, ds, dreamcast, and gamecube games (is that all?)  nothing really rare, mostly big-name games, but people are apparently willing to pay $$$ for them, and i'm ok wth that!

i haven't used eBay in years because i've heard about what a fuckstory it is.  i think i'll go with amazon, but ive never tried it before.  is it cheap & easy to sell on?
pcp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #323 on: March 22, 2010, 04:35:13 PM »
I'd be interested in some games. Mostly for N64, SNES and Gamecube. PM if interested
fat

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #324 on: March 22, 2010, 04:37:58 PM »
ok!  i'll do it later tonight cuz i'm lazy
pcp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #325 on: March 22, 2010, 04:39:48 PM »
I think you should try your luck here first. Might be some people interested in some stuff. GAF second, since they're apparently rich as fuck. CAG third, if you have an account there. Then eBay/Amazon fourth. Havent sold on Amazon myself.
fat

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #326 on: March 22, 2010, 04:46:41 PM »
Yeah dude, I might be interested in some of your stuff. Namely PS1/DS/GBA stuff.
SRY

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #327 on: March 22, 2010, 04:48:09 PM »
yeah i think i have an account on all three boards so i'll do that first.  i'll make a thread on here soon

thanks for the advice!
pcp

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #328 on: March 22, 2010, 05:22:46 PM »
Apparently EA will be doing PDLC for extended paid demo's. Seems like a bizzare (meaning stupid) idea. The 1943 example doesn't really make sense except for really targeted products. That only works in the context of an online shooter imo.

EA Outlines New Premium Download Content Strategy
New initiative offers paid "demos" prior to full game launches, say analyst.
by Jim Reilly
March 22, 2010 - Electronic Arts plans to offer extended downloadable demos for a price to players prior to the release of the full, packaged game, according to analyst Michael Pachter's latest investor report.

EA's Chief Operating Officer Nick Earl revealed the company's latest premium downloadable content (PDLC) strategy during a recent investor visit at its Redwood City studio, which includes charging a small price for an early look at upcoming titles.

"The PDLC would be sold for $10 or $15 through Xbox Live and PlayStation Network, and would essentially be a very long game demo, along the lines of 2009's Battlefield 1943," Pachter said. "A full-blown packaged game would follow shortly after the release of the PDLC, bearing a full retail price. Mr. Earl believes that the release of the PDLC first limits the risk of completing and marketing the full packaged version, and serves as a low-cost marketing tool."

In a follow-up conversation with IGN, Pachter says these paid "demos" will act as a sort of beta test for the company, saying feedback received will shape the final retail product.

"Think about Battlefield 1943 as the prototype, so a full (but short) game experience for a reasonable price," he said. "At the same time, an expanded version of the game will be under development for release as a packaged product."

"However, the idea is that if the PDLC gets favorable reviews, it will build word of mouth for the boxed product. If the PDLC has issues, they can tweak the packaged product to address those issues, improving the final product before release," he added.

Pachter said he wasn't sure if EA plans to include the PDLC content with the packaged game, adding that the content could be a "prequel" to the full game so it can continue to be sold separately. The strategy is expected to launch during the company's fiscal 2011 year, which begins on April 1, 2010.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1079019p1.html

« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 05:26:23 PM by Stoney Mason »

archie4208

« Reply #329 on: March 22, 2010, 06:54:11 PM »
Can all of the Daxter edition PSPs have CFW installed?  I don't want to get a PSP off eBay and not be able to install CFW on it.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #330 on: March 22, 2010, 06:58:18 PM »
Damn you really are poor. Embarassing.
fat

archie4208

« Reply #331 on: March 22, 2010, 07:00:17 PM »
Nah.  I plan to buy my PSP games but I still want to rip them so I don't have to listen to the UMD drive and I wanna play PS1 games. (Persona 2 :drool)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #333 on: March 22, 2010, 07:54:48 PM »
That's interesting but Halo sucked so I guess it didn't copy everything.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Omits Hub World In Favor Of Traditional World Map

Good.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #334 on: March 22, 2010, 08:09:56 PM »
does anybody care about whetever galaxy has a hub world or a map beside the cuckoo crazy guys who says that the hub world ruins the game because it make the game less immediate?
<----

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #335 on: March 22, 2010, 08:18:03 PM »
Just going straight into the stages sounds good to me for a game like Galaxy.

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #336 on: March 22, 2010, 09:39:31 PM »
I heard last night on TV that with PS3 Move you can only have two players when using a remote plus nunchuks?

lol Sony.

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #337 on: March 22, 2010, 10:36:52 PM »
i like hub worlds because as a designer you can hide cool shit inside them.

this doesn't seem to occur anymore though, and most hub worlds now are just boring and empty
SRY

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
itm

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #339 on: March 22, 2010, 10:51:37 PM »
i like hub worlds because as a designer you can hide cool shit inside them.

this doesn't seem to occur anymore though, and most hub worlds now are just boring and empty

Pretty much.  I thought Galaxy's hub was one of the better ones in recent times because at least it wasn't gigantic.  But it still served little purpose other than walking between levels.

Although Rare are kings of making huge-ass boring levels in general, the hub world in Nuts and Bolts is actually pretty cool and filled with secrets.  Could have been smaller though.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #340 on: March 23, 2010, 05:31:09 PM »
Bioware has countdown clock on each Bioware page-5 days 20 hours left

Chris Priestly wrote...

Hmm.. seems to be a countdown clock on each BioWare page. Main site, Mass Effect, Dragon Age....

... must be something cool coming.

http://masseffect.bioware.com/

Hmm,what could it be?
cat

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #341 on: March 23, 2010, 05:31:36 PM »
Mass Effect 3 Christmas 2010
SRY

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #342 on: March 23, 2010, 05:38:57 PM »
Mass Effect 3 Christmas 2010
Best Christmas ever.

They do have one unannounced "next-gen" game in the making...
cat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #343 on: March 23, 2010, 05:40:28 PM »
I think you should try your luck here first. Might be some people interested in some stuff. GAF second, since they're apparently rich as fuck. CAG third, if you have an account there. Then eBay/Amazon fourth. Havent sold on Amazon myself.

I've also had surprisingly good luck with the selling forums on Neo-Geo.com.  Got rid of the majority of my SNES and NES collection last week for good prices.  Got $75 for Pocky And Rocky 2 and Ninja Warriors alone.
ど助平

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
« Reply #344 on: March 23, 2010, 06:00:02 PM »
[youtube=560,345]bJFdysK-_n4[/youtube]

Am I the only one underwhelmed by this footage?  :-\

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #345 on: March 23, 2010, 07:40:43 PM »
Ogre Battle 64 hitting Euro VC this Friday
is this news?
does someone cares?
<----

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #346 on: March 23, 2010, 07:41:28 PM »
Shit series, nobody cares
fat

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #347 on: March 23, 2010, 07:45:48 PM »
Mass Effect 3 Christmas 2011

More likely.
PS4

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #348 on: March 23, 2010, 08:13:56 PM »
SRY

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #349 on: March 23, 2010, 10:41:02 PM »
Perhaps another significant piece of DLC for Dragon Age or Mass Effect 2.

It's way too soon to announce a release date for Mass Effect 3 and anything really major, they probably would have saved for E3. So a healthy size DLC would be my guess. 

pilonv1

« Reply #350 on: March 24, 2010, 02:13:32 AM »
Mass Effect Awakenings
itm

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #351 on: March 24, 2010, 02:19:35 AM »
I wouldn't mind playing a Mass Effect spin-off game starring someone other than Shepard.  Would be cool to play as an alien.
PS4

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #352 on: March 24, 2010, 02:25:53 AM »
Am I the only one underwhelmed by this footage?  :-\
Why would you be after Forza 3?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
top gear track   :'(
[close]

pilonv1

« Reply #353 on: March 24, 2010, 09:09:37 PM »
1up reviews continuing to outdo themselves. From the Yakuza 3 guy, comes this

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3178452

The small country is ruled by an oppressive dictator and -- okay, let's just hang on a second here. I want to take a moment and say how friggin' outstanding JC2's graphics are. I mean, I never harp on graphics, but if I were to ever meet Megan Fox in real life, I would totally tell her that she is as incredibly good-looking as JC2...and I would be lying, because if JC2 was a woman, she would make Megan Fox look like a tore-up hood rat.

Yeah, the writing and voice acting aren't that good (although Swedish developer Avalanche Interactive tries its damndest to be funny, God bless their icy Scandinavian hearts), and the story kinda doesn't make sense -- but who in the ninth circle of Satan's butthole cares? This game is so well designed that time after time in my playthrough I thought, "Man, wouldn't it be great if this game had X?" and then, lo and behold, X appears, like the albatross to the Ancient Mariner, except in a totally good way that doesn't cause the mass suffering and death of my shipmates. Honestly, I can't think of any reason why anyone who loves video games won't enjoy JC2. Learn it. Love it. Live it.

:derp
itm

Bebpo

« Reply #354 on: March 24, 2010, 09:50:08 PM »
I wonder if there's a online petition to fire him yet for destroying the state of game journalism one review at a time.

pilonv1

« Reply #355 on: March 24, 2010, 09:52:53 PM »
I'm starting to think he's either 13 or an amazing troll

His review of Scrap Metal isn't bad besides the use of "gonna" and some bizarre line about New Zealand.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3178292
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 10:01:29 PM by pilonv1 »
itm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #356 on: March 24, 2010, 09:56:14 PM »
I'm starting to think he's either 13 or an amazing troll

His profile says he is *30*.   :lol 
ど助平

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #357 on: March 24, 2010, 11:52:09 PM »
Anybody want to play Desperate Escape with me right now? Got some time to burn. Haven't played it yet.

EDIT: Meant to put this in "What are you playing" but w/e

EDIT2: Goddamnit demi you game-renting ho! Always bagging on people for being dirty poors! GET RE5 SO WE CAN PLAY SOME MOAR :maf
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:01:37 AM by startselect »
SRY

cool breeze

« Reply #358 on: March 25, 2010, 12:21:10 AM »
Don't know if someone already posted, but F3AR was announced.  I'm pretty stoked.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #359 on: March 25, 2010, 12:48:49 AM »
The second one was actually pretty good.