Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3055433 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #480 on: April 05, 2010, 09:17:05 PM »

:nsfw
fat

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #481 on: April 06, 2010, 01:00:58 AM »
Look how realistic those graphics are, only with the power of Cell. :bow2
©@©™

drew

• sy
« Reply #482 on: April 06, 2010, 04:17:48 AM »
the new splinter cell

Himu

« Reply #483 on: April 06, 2010, 04:19:49 AM »
QUICK:

FF13, BAYONETTA, OR MASS EFFECT 2?

I ONLY HAVE TIME (money :shh) FOR ONE GAME THIS MONTH! WHAT SHOULD IT BE?

ME2
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #484 on: April 06, 2010, 04:50:41 AM »
FF13
fat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #485 on: April 06, 2010, 04:54:42 AM »
If you are in the mood for action games-Bayonetta.
RPG-Mass Effect 2.

FF13 sucks
cat

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #486 on: April 06, 2010, 08:02:56 AM »
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/04/06/sakaguchi_last_story_ff_rehash/
Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi was involved in a fun little Twat (that's a Twitter-based spat) with Final Fantasy Gaiden director Takashi Tokida earlier today.

During the course of the conversation, Sakaguchi said something along the lines of "How about stopping with the Final Fantasy rehashes?"

This was probably said in jest, so it's not worth making a big deal over. (Although Sakaguchi did press a bit further in a subsequent Tweet, saying that it's important to not break the balance between business and creativity.)

Sakaguchi's next comment, however, is notable for those looking forward to his latest creation, The Last Story. After Sakaguchi and Tokida parted, someone Tweeted to Sakaguchi, "From the title, Last Story gives the feeling of being a big FF rehash."

Sakaguchi's reply to this appears to have been deleted, but Hachimaki posted a screen grab: "I think you'll feel this once you've tried it. LS is not a rehash."

In other Last Story news that has been scraped from the walls of Twitter, Sakaguchi commented briefly on the game's musical component yesterday. Someone asked for the name of the composer of the song that players in the "Star Viewing Tower" blog post at the official site. Responded Sakaguchi, "I'm sorry, I can't reveal the composer yet." He added, however, "We had one person do all the songs."

If you're searching for additional Last Story bits and pieces, I'd suggest a visit to the Mistwalker blog. Sakaguchi mentions The Last Story briefly in a post from yesterday titled Nose Cap: "The weather doesn't clear up, but my heart is clearing up. This is because I shut myself up with the development team every day and am able to feel The Last Story being born. It's finally off from the creator's hands and has begun to move on its own -- like always. It's like a living creature. It breaths on its own, it speaks on its own. It's fascinating, even though its spirit is digital data."

If Nintendo maintains its update schedule, we'll hopefully get a new post at The Last Story development blog tonight.
<----

drew

• sy
« Reply #487 on: April 06, 2010, 02:00:21 PM »
"i only have money for one game this month! quick!! help me decide which older games i should pick up instead of saving my money and waiting a week for much more superior fare!!!"

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #488 on: April 06, 2010, 04:16:28 PM »
QUICK:

FF13, BAYONETTA, OR MASS EFFECT 2?

I ONLY HAVE TIME (money :shh) FOR ONE GAME THIS MONTH! WHAT SHOULD IT BE?

Bayonetta.  I thought it was the big reason why you were getting a 360 in the first place!
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #489 on: April 06, 2010, 06:56:31 PM »
It was, but then ME2 happened.

Also, there's a little JRPG/FFfag inside of me that I haven't been feeding for years, sometimes he gets so famished that he gains control and does stupid things that I don't necessarily approve of.

Get resonance of fate to satisfy your inner jrpg persona

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #490 on: April 06, 2010, 06:56:54 PM »
Nope, get FF13 instead
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #491 on: April 06, 2010, 06:57:51 PM »
RoF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FF13

and that's going by FF13 = 8/10 and not himuhimu FF13 standards.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #492 on: April 06, 2010, 06:59:07 PM »
You just like it because you can dress the characters up. Disgusting weeaboo.
fat

Himu

« Reply #493 on: April 06, 2010, 07:25:27 PM »
RoF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FF13

and that's going by FF13 = 8/10 and not himuhimu FF13 standards.

himuhimu ff13 standards? :lol
IYKYK

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #494 on: April 06, 2010, 07:48:04 PM »
cat

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #495 on: April 06, 2010, 07:56:17 PM »
Suda51 says no more heroes 3 will be like diarrhea :teehee
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=119675
<----

cool breeze

« Reply #496 on: April 06, 2010, 11:21:33 PM »

Monster Hunter stuff in Metal Gear Peace Walker

Bebpo

« Reply #497 on: April 06, 2010, 11:42:59 PM »
I have a feeling doing monster hunts 4p will be fun.

no ad-hoc still makes me ;_;

Bebpo

« Reply #498 on: April 07, 2010, 04:43:37 PM »
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

wow

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #499 on: April 07, 2010, 04:54:44 PM »
i know i said that graphics don't matter but gee does this look bad! it's not even a matter of low polygon count,the character just looks like hideous trolls

<----

archie4208

« Reply #500 on: April 07, 2010, 04:56:26 PM »
The PS2 is a beast. :drool

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #501 on: April 07, 2010, 04:58:28 PM »
<----

Bebpo

« Reply #502 on: April 07, 2010, 05:22:33 PM »
dude, that's not even fair.  By PS2 standards this looks like launch era poop.

PS2 rpgs destroy this.  I mean this is the same company that made faces like this FIVE+ YEARS AGO:

My conspiracy theory is Nintendo does not believe in expensive jrpgs.  Look at the rpgs financed by Nintendo?  DS/GBA stuff, Paper Mario (not exactly $$$ budget games), Giftpia?  Homeland?  I don't think Nintendo is willing to spend anywhere near what Namco/SE/Capcom/Konami figures is the "norm" for a console jrpg. 

Sucks that Nintendo bought Monolith Soft, because they're at the mercy of Nintendo budgeting for all their future rpgs.  For a company that makes BIG CINEMATIC RPGS...it's kind of a death sentence.  They should really stick to DS.  It's easier to do good looking games on a low budget there.

cool breeze

« Reply #503 on: April 07, 2010, 05:39:18 PM »
yeah, that's why I'm saying this looks fine for what it is.  You're not playing the wii for good graphics and seems like a cheap game Nintendo is letting these guys make.  When Nintendo gives you lemons, you make lemonade  :derp

Himu

« Reply #504 on: April 07, 2010, 06:07:09 PM »
Didn't Takahashi say Xenoblade wasn't as story based as past Xeno games?
Jesus Christ show some fucking gameplay.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 06:09:09 PM by Himuro »
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #505 on: April 07, 2010, 06:09:47 PM »
Didn't Takahashi say Xenoblade wasn't as story based as past Xeno games?
Jesus Christ show some fucking gameplay.

Neither was Soma Bringer, but Soma Bringer still had a very good story & world that lived up to the Xeno games.

Himu

« Reply #506 on: April 07, 2010, 06:11:07 PM »
Huh? I'm asking because that's all the trailer is: a story trailer. Where's gameplay!
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #507 on: April 07, 2010, 06:15:43 PM »
not ready yet?

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #508 on: April 08, 2010, 01:41:38 AM »
Takahashi said in an interview that Xenoblade is actually what Episode IV of Xenosaga would have been.
PS4

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #509 on: April 08, 2010, 11:04:37 AM »
fat

cool breeze

« Reply #510 on: April 08, 2010, 12:07:52 PM »
is it open beta now? is there still an nda?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #511 on: April 08, 2010, 12:08:20 PM »
I think its NDA... but who cares
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #512 on: April 08, 2010, 02:24:20 PM »
Mamiya's manga costume is up for download for Hokuto Musou, and it's getting attention because of its "NSFW" attributes.

http://kotaku.com/5512361/nsfw-this-dlc-is-way-more-revealing-than-originally-thought

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

What makes me laugh is this:

[close]

Is that really an official image from KOEI?!   :lol

Anyway, that's actually not what it normally looks like.  ALL of the game's characters show clothing damage and get shirtless/ripped up pants.  Female character gets more scantily-clad in video game, shocking!  Her regular outfit looks pretty much the same way when damaged.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #513 on: April 08, 2010, 05:04:26 PM »
I really want this :(
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #514 on: April 08, 2010, 08:29:35 PM »
I really want this :(

If you like Musou, you will love it.  Waiting to see what Mr. Gundam thinks!
ど助平

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #515 on: April 09, 2010, 09:59:19 AM »
i know i said that graphics don't matter but gee does this look bad! it's not even a matter of low polygon count,the character just looks like hideous trolls
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

HAHAHAHAHAHA

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #516 on: April 09, 2010, 03:08:18 PM »
cat

cool breeze

« Reply #517 on: April 09, 2010, 03:20:22 PM »
[youtube=560,345]_26fu5XN6nc[/youtube]

NMH1 360/PS3 gameplay

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #518 on: April 09, 2010, 04:56:44 PM »
I loved the first one and this looks way more epic.

Bebpo

« Reply #519 on: April 09, 2010, 04:57:33 PM »
NMH PS3/X360 looks meh as expected.

I was really saddened to hear Suda say NMH3 is coming.  If it's anything like NMH2 or worse I don't even think I'm gonna play it.

Bebpo

« Reply #520 on: April 09, 2010, 05:00:01 PM »
I loved the first one and this looks way more epic.

It should be good.  It's basically Lost Odyssey 2.  It's what the Shadow Hearts/LO team went and worked on since then.  I'd imagine a DW clone by an actual good rpg team would be fun to play.  Should have lots of rpg sub-systems and be FUN.  If there's one thing rpg teams know how to do, it's make repetitive gaming fun.

Bebpo

« Reply #521 on: April 09, 2010, 05:06:54 PM »
Random gaming talk:  The Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts soundtrack by the Prague Philharmonic is really good! 

I still haven't opened the game (got it from an amazon sale at some point) ^^;  But the ost pops into my random shuffling of game music once in a while and everytime I'm like "wow, this is pretty good!"  Make me want to play the game eventually.

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #522 on: April 09, 2010, 06:02:56 PM »
Yep, the Nuts and Bolts soundtrack is excellent, and it's the 360's best exclusive to boot. You should play it!

:bow creative games
BiSH

cool breeze

« Reply #523 on: April 09, 2010, 06:18:25 PM »
Nuts and Bolts or Dead Rising

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #524 on: April 09, 2010, 06:45:48 PM »
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2010/04/activision-fires-back-at-former-call-of-duty-developers-calling-them-self-serving-schemers.html
Activision fires back at ex-Call of Duty developers, calling them 'self-serving schemers' [Updated]

Activision Blizzard Inc. came out with guns blazing in its battle with two former lead developers of Call of Duty, the game publisher's multibillion-dollar military franchise.

In a lawsuit that read more like a dramatic Hollywood script, Santa Monica-based Activision claimed it fired Jason West and Vincent Zampella in March because the two "morphed from valued, responsible executives into insubordinate and self-serving schemers who attempted to hijack Activision's assets for their own personal gain."

Activision's suit, filed Friday morning in Los Angeles County Superior Court, counters a complaint that West and Zampella filed against their former employer on March 3, two days after being fired as the heads of Infinity Ward, the Encino-based studio purchased by Activision in 2002. Infinity Ward has developed several Call of Duty games since the inception of the franchise in 2003, including the original.

Robert Schwartz, the attorney for West and Zampella, in a statement said Activision's allegations were "false and outrageous."

In their lawsuit, West and Zampella allege that Activision fired them as a way to deprive the developers of royalties earned from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, which has generated more than $1.5 billion in worldwide revenue since the game launched in November. The lawsuit claims Activision owes the duo $36 million in royalties and damages.

Activision responded in its 23-page complaint that "West and Zampella's misdeeds formed an unlawful pattern and practice of conduct that was designed to steal the [Infinity Ward] studio, which is one of Activision's most valuable assets -- at the expense of Activision and its shareholders and for their own personal financial gain."

The suit did not specify a dollar amount that Activision would seek, but claimed the publisher was entitled to withhold all future payments to West and Zampella, to recover past payments "during the period of their disloyalty," and compensatory damages.

The lawsuit says Zampella and West went "on a secret trip by private jet to Northern California, arranged by their Hollywood agent, to meet with the most senior executives of Activision's closest competitor." Creative Artists Agency says it recently took Zampella and West as clients.The lawsuit did not name the rival company, but Electronic Arts Inc. is based in Northern California's Redwood City and is thought to be who Activision is referring to in its filing. Asked whether this was the case, EA spokesman Jeff Brown said, "We don't have the time to comment on the many lawsuits Activision files against its employees and creative partners."
Among the charges Activision leveled at the two developers was an attempt to "prevent Activision from awarding additional compensation to [Infinity Ward] team members as a reward for the success of [Infinity Ward]-developed games, in order to make these employees easier to poach when West and Zampella executed their plans to leave the company and set up their own company."

The suit also claims that the pair delayed pre-production on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, which Activision likely hopes to release in late 2011.

A CAA spokeswoman said they had not yet seen the Activision filing and declined to comment.

Schwartz, West and Zampella's attorney, issued the following statement Friday afternoon:

The allegations Activision made today are false and outrageous.  Just one example is Activision’s allegation that Jason and Vince conspired to spin off Infinity Ward.  Activision itself proposed spinning off Infinity Ward when, last year, it sought to renegotiate Jason and Vince's contract and induce them to forego developing a new game in favor of doing another Modern Warfare sequel.  Jason and Vince had hired the Creative Artists Agency to advise them in their negotiations with Activision, and not to breach their contract.  The conversations with IW employees, talent agents, and others during these negotiations with Activision were not conducted in disrespect of Activision but to see if Activision's proposal could work.

Activision's inaccurate and misguided allegations lose sight of the reality here:  None of the false claims of insubordination or breach of duties had any negative affect on Activision -- none.  Modern Warfare 2 has been the world's most successful video game.  And none of this changes the fact that Jason and Vince would still be at Infinity Ward developing new games except that Activision kicked them out.  This is just an Activision tactic to avoid paying Jason and Vince and everyone else at Infinity Ward the millions of dollars they all earned and that Activision owes them.  Since being fired by Activision, Jason and Vince have taken steps to regain control over their creative future and plan to have an announcement very soon.
So far, Wall Street has taken little to no notice of Activision's legal drama. The Santa Monica company's shares have steadily risen from $10.94 on March 1, when West and Zampella were fired, to $12.12 on Thursday.

Updated at 1:53 pm to include a statement from Robert Schwartz, attorney for Jason West and Vince Zampella.
CBG

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #525 on: April 09, 2010, 07:05:03 PM »
EA spokesman Jeff Brown said, "We don't have the time to comment on the many lawsuits Activision files against its employees and creative partners."

Ethered. :lol
©@©™

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
« Reply #526 on: April 11, 2010, 01:51:44 AM »
Let's put aside the Infinity Ward drama, the Japafag NSFW shit, and hop into the time-traveling DeLorean and go back to 1982 for a sec.

http://mediaburn.org/Video-Priview.128.0.html?uid=5758

The thing that gets me is that they ID one of the guys as "Ron Robot". That guy is actually Eugene Jarvis, and he was probably there to promote his then-new game, Robotron 2084. I'm certain you've heard of that game.  :D

It's also funny to see how young he looked back then. Here's Eugene, circa 1982...
[close]
... and here's Eugene, circa 2006.
[close]
Damn... I'm certain he has a lot of good stories to tell from the decade of President Regan, Miami Vice, long hair and MTV playing music videos around the clock.  :-*
More videos here.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #527 on: April 11, 2010, 01:54:18 AM »
Nobody cares about that shit.
fat

ferrarimanf355

« Reply #528 on: April 11, 2010, 01:55:21 AM »
You're right, demi, nobody cares about that Japafag NSFW shit.  :yuck

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #529 on: April 11, 2010, 01:58:19 AM »
Loser.
fat

ferrarimanf355

« Reply #530 on: April 11, 2010, 01:59:50 AM »
Are you talking to yourself again? :P

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #531 on: April 11, 2010, 02:01:29 AM »
Talking to you, failure. Buying your sister a flash game for her birthday. Cheap piece of shit.
fat

ferrarimanf355

« Reply #532 on: April 11, 2010, 02:03:59 AM »
I don't insult others to feel better about my insecurities.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #533 on: April 11, 2010, 02:40:54 AM »
ferrariman bought his sister a fucking flash game for her birthday? :rofl
PS4

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #534 on: April 11, 2010, 05:07:44 AM »
From Andriasang,Enterbrain CEO Hirokazu Hamamura

Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G has shipped 4 million units across its standard and budget re-releases, making it the biggest PSP game ever.

On the PSP in general, he referred to the system as "A domestic game machine that sells only in Japan."

He seems to have a negative opinion about PSP go, noting that it's selling worse than Wonderswan, a portable game machine released by Bandai in 1999. "You can now download Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G," he said, "but you can't really say that you can play the game properly."

Many gamers have complained that the PSP go's control layout makes playing Monster Hunter difficult.
This wasn't an issue until late last month when Capcom released Monster Hunter in downloadable form for the first time. Sony is even started bundling free copies of the game with PSP go, but sales did not see any form of spike. Even as the standard PSP tops the weekly hardware charts, PSP go consistently sells worse than PS2 and Xbox 360.

Hamamura also shared comments on other platforms.

Regarding Xbox 360, he said of Bayonetta, "The Xbox 360 version is better, but it sold half as much as the PS3 version." He pointed to this as evidence that software may not necessarily be all that it takes to win in a multiplatform strategy. However, he said that Monster Hunter Frontier Online represents another chance for the system, as it will be the first HD Monster Hunter game.

Wii continues to remain a "Nintendo market," he said. He cited as evidence Capcom's Monster Hunter 3, which he said had great expectations, but capped off at one million units. In past seminars, Hamamura has indicated that he expected more than this for the game.

On PS3, he made note of the recent success of Sony's Torne DVR kit, likening this to the PS3's popularity in North American and European markets as a Blu-ray player.

He seems to be a bit skeptical of Sony's upcoming Move motion controller device, though, stating "If the price is around ¥10,000, it will be tough. It's possible it could end up as just a peripheral."

Hamamura also spoke about upcoming platforms.

On Nintendo's new 3DS system, he played down the importance of the system's 3D capabilities, suggesting that Nintendo could be hiding something major about the system outside of the 3D.

On a possible PSP successor, he said "Of course, it's probably in development, but at present I'm not hearing anything."

Monster Hunter on PSP Go has bad controls?...lol,how is that possible

Wonderswan
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 05:11:46 AM by maxy »
cat

ferrarimanf355

« Reply #535 on: April 11, 2010, 12:04:53 PM »
ferrariman bought his sister a fucking flash game for her birthday? :rofl
Bleh, I'm never going to live that down...  :yuck

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #536 on: April 11, 2010, 12:29:24 PM »
^^
Intention matters,not the gift
cat

ferrarimanf355

« Reply #537 on: April 11, 2010, 12:36:49 PM »
If this doesn't get you excited for Hydro Thunder Hurricane, I don't know what will.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-east-hydro-thunder/63739

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #538 on: April 11, 2010, 01:27:53 PM »
^^

Yeah right.
fat

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #539 on: April 11, 2010, 01:47:00 PM »
^^

I hope you don't get my name for Secret Santa.
©@©™