Author Topic: Random talk thread: It just keeps happening  (Read 3357282 times)

Potato

• Senior's Member
Re: Random talk thread: It just keeps happening
« Reply #36120 on: November 10, 2022, 03:04:19 PM »
I really would have liked that job too. Marketing and comms role for a teachers' professional body. Would have been fun. I should have known they wanted to see stupid PowerPoint animation, being teachers and all
Spud

Himu

« Reply #36121 on: November 10, 2022, 03:06:28 PM »
Bombed an interview hard.  Never done so poorly before.  Questions weren't even hard.   :-\
sorry about that. Get em next time!
IYKYK

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #36122 on: November 11, 2022, 09:18:10 AM »
Grandpa passed away wednesday night.

The man was 86 and had basically been in bed for like 6 months and it still feels too soon. Getting hit with waves of emotion by any little thing that sparks a memory. Shit week.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #36123 on: November 11, 2022, 10:02:56 AM »
Sorry man

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #36124 on: November 11, 2022, 11:57:13 AM »

The man was 86 and had basically been in bed for like 6 months and it still feels too soon. Getting hit with waves of emotion by any little thing that sparks a memory. Shit week.

Remember the good times.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36125 on: November 11, 2022, 12:47:32 PM »

RIP sweet hardcoretro grandpa :fbm
🤴

Himu

« Reply #36126 on: November 11, 2022, 05:32:31 PM »

Sorry about that and may God guide and protect your family during this difficult time

IYKYK

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #36127 on: November 17, 2022, 01:26:16 AM »
Four students were killed at U Idaho a couple of days ago.

Found dead at noon in a sorority house while two girls slept upstairs.

Police say they were killed "by blade"

No suspects.

But police say everything is fine, nothing to worry about.

‘We Do Not Have a Suspect,’ the Police Say After Idaho Killings

After four college students were stabbed to death, the police sought to downplay any wider danger. But with no suspect, they’re not so sure.

Three days after a gruesome mass killing left four students dead near the University of Idaho, the authorities said Wednesday that they still had no suspect and could not assure that there was no lingering threat to the community.

Investigators have not recovered a murder weapon but believe the four students — all friends who had seemed to be spending a typical Saturday night in the college town of Moscow — were stabbed to death. The authorities asked people to remain vigilant, watch out for each other and come forward with any information that could help bring a perpetrator to justice.

“These murders have shaken us to our very core,” Col. Kedrick Wills, the director of the Idaho State Police, said at a news conference.

Chief James Fry of the Moscow Police Department said there was no sign of forced entry into the home, a large rental just outside of campus, and that the door was found open after police officers were called to the scene on midday Sunday, apparently many hours after the killings had occurred.

Chief Fry said two other people were in the home at the time of the attack who were not injured, although he declined to say whether they witnessed the killings or to disclose what they shared with investigators. He said it had not been a hostage situation, but said the authorities had not been able to identify who might have carried out the crime.

“We do not have a suspect at this time,” the chief said. Whoever committed the crime, he warned, “is still out there.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/16/us/university-idaho-killings-police.html

Also, its basically the plot of Scream Queens.
:O

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #36128 on: November 17, 2022, 02:05:50 AM »

Four students were killed at U Idaho a couple of days ago.

Found dead at noon in a sorority house while two girls slept upstairs.

Police say they were killed "by blade"

No suspects.

But police say everything is fine, nothing to worry about.

‘We Do Not Have a Suspect,’ the Police Say After Idaho Killings

After four college students were stabbed to death, the police sought to downplay any wider danger. But with no suspect, they’re not so sure.

Three days after a gruesome mass killing left four students dead near the University of Idaho, the authorities said Wednesday that they still had no suspect and could not assure that there was no lingering threat to the community.

Investigators have not recovered a murder weapon but believe the four students — all friends who had seemed to be spending a typical Saturday night in the college town of Moscow — were stabbed to death. The authorities asked people to remain vigilant, watch out for each other and come forward with any information that could help bring a perpetrator to justice.

“These murders have shaken us to our very core,” Col. Kedrick Wills, the director of the Idaho State Police, said at a news conference.

Chief James Fry of the Moscow Police Department said there was no sign of forced entry into the home, a large rental just outside of campus, and that the door was found open after police officers were called to the scene on midday Sunday, apparently many hours after the killings had occurred.

Chief Fry said two other people were in the home at the time of the attack who were not injured, although he declined to say whether they witnessed the killings or to disclose what they shared with investigators. He said it had not been a hostage situation, but said the authorities had not been able to identify who might have carried out the crime.

“We do not have a suspect at this time,” the chief said. Whoever committed the crime, he warned, “is still out there.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/16/us/university-idaho-killings-police.html

Also, its basically the plot of Scream Queens.

Spud

Himu

« Reply #36129 on: November 17, 2022, 03:49:42 AM »
Was just ruminating on how far apart a lot of the Bore is. We all used to be closer even when we were at each other's throats. It sucks to lose friendships that lasted 10+ years even if online but that's how the cookie crumbles. It's just really sad state in general and I understand my presence hasn't been the most positive or the more conducive. I'll dial down my activity and stick to gaming. Some (most) relationships outgrow each other and that's fine. Whatever good times we had when we liked each other imcan still exist in our heads. Just think of the good times instead.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36130 on: November 17, 2022, 01:57:09 PM »
My mouse died yesterday. The left click just stopped working. Took it apart and even pressing the clicky on the board did not work.

It was a Basilisk V2 so I bought a new Basilisk V3.
Apparently the V3 does not work on my mousepad. I can only use it on my desk for some weird reason.
There's some sensor calibration settings that do fuck all.

I guess I'll have to hunt down a Razer Mousepad too?  :doge
🤴

BikeJesus

« Reply #36131 on: November 18, 2022, 12:26:24 AM »
Nakey Jakey finally released his album. Been waiting for this for a long time.

https://jakeychristy.bandcamp.com/album/romcom

Enjoying it very much.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #36132 on: November 18, 2022, 12:52:28 AM »
Was just ruminating on how far apart a lot of the Bore is. We all used to be closer even when we were at each other's throats. It sucks to lose friendships that lasted 10+ years even if online but that's how the cookie crumbles. It's just really sad state in general and I understand my presence hasn't been the most positive or the more conducive. I'll dial down my activity and stick to gaming. Some (most) relationships outgrow each other and that's fine. Whatever good times we had when we liked each other imcan still exist in our heads. Just think of the good times instead.
A lot of people don't want to associate with people who offend them in anyway on the internet anymore. Our internet time is too valuable to waste you see. Even as all we do with that time is talk about how much they offend us where they can't respond or dispute. And the worst part is they refuse to learn how bad they are after we've blocked or banned them so the struggle never ends.

This was one reason I stopped going on Discord and eventually deleted my account altogether when I finally remembered to. I don't mean to imply a singling out of The Bire Discord here either as I realize would be the obvious implication, it was far from the worst I saw about this and not the driver of why I stopped logging in at all, though I did imagine they probably didn't want me to be part of it anymore so it was fine to delete my account. It's not like I exactly hide other places I can be found to be contacted if someone wanted to for some dumb reason.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #36133 on: November 18, 2022, 01:15:53 AM »
I updated iOS and YouTube embeds on here work again  :titus

Praise Xenu  :rejoice
Margs

BisMarckie

« Reply #36134 on: November 18, 2022, 08:18:42 AM »

A lot of people don't want to associate with people who offend them in anyway on the internet anymore. Our internet time is too valuable to waste you see. Even as all we do with that time is talk about how much they offend us where they can't respond or dispute. And the worst part is they refuse to learn how bad they are after we've blocked or banned them so the struggle never ends.

This was one reason I stopped going on Discord and eventually deleted my account altogether when I finally remembered to. I don't mean to imply a singling out of The Bire Discord here either as I realize would be the obvious implication, it was far from the worst I saw about this and not the driver of why I stopped logging in at all, though I did imagine they probably didn't want me to be part of it anymore so it was fine to delete my account. It's not like I exactly hide other places I can be found to be contacted if someone wanted to for some dumb reason.

I still want to go to Golden Corral with The Benj to see the employees shake at the sight of a 600lbs man rumbling to the buffet.  :gloomy
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 12:24:25 PM by BisMarckie »

benjipwns

« Reply #36135 on: November 18, 2022, 08:20:51 PM »
I'm back from my first trip, you only got one plate Bis? You know you can have as much as you want right?
https://twitter.com/goldencorral/status/1588562648534245379

Himu

« Reply #36136 on: November 19, 2022, 10:22:15 PM »

Thanks a lot for this. Sorry things didn't go well with the discord. Why wouldn't they like you? Did you do anything? I don't recall you doing anything particularly harmful.
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #36137 on: November 19, 2022, 11:56:51 PM »
Oh, you know, the constant hateful bigotry probably. It wasn't anything that happened to me I just figured that notion against keeping the account. I doubt anyone actually cares or has noticed in reality.

Himu

« Reply #36138 on: November 20, 2022, 12:08:26 AM »
Oh, you know, the constant hateful bigotry probably. It wasn't anything that happened to me I just figured that notion against keeping the account. I doubt anyone actually cares or has noticed in reality.

Huh? Whom are you bigoted towsrds?
IYKYK

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #36139 on: November 22, 2022, 02:57:04 PM »

:gaas
Margs

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #36140 on: November 27, 2022, 08:04:45 PM »
I replaced a light bulb in my bathroom and the old one fell on the floor and shattered which is like the worst place for tiny shards of glass to be all over the floor, where you typically step with bare feet :duh

I was thorough but I'm still paranoid
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36141 on: November 28, 2022, 08:20:50 AM »
I miss our dog.

I've been dog sitting my sisters dogs, and I keep wanting that little stupid dog to come around the corner.  Makes me feel like we put her down too soon.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #36142 on: November 28, 2022, 09:15:40 AM »
try not to second guess it

if the dog wasn't in serious pain or didn't have a serious medical issue yet, it was going to happen soon

who knows? maybe she would've been struggling to breathe right now, or refusing to eat, or going blind/deaf...you saved her all of that

and you said it was her time earlier and you were right about that
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36143 on: November 28, 2022, 09:18:33 AM »
It's easy to fantasize the good parts.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36144 on: November 28, 2022, 02:12:57 PM »
My mouse died yesterday. The left click just stopped working. Took it apart and even pressing the clicky on the board did not work.

Apparently the V3 does not work on my mousepad. I can only use it on my desk for some weird reason.

Bought a Razer mousepad, also does not work.

Went to the Razer reddit. It's a clusterfuck of broken products, driver issues and whatnot  :lol
I'm starting to think this is a software issue and it might get fixed. But until then, stay away from Razer Mice.
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36145 on: November 28, 2022, 03:58:39 PM »
Thanks Uncle. = )

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36146 on: November 29, 2022, 09:48:35 AM »

Bought a Razer mousepad, also does not work.

Went to the Razer reddit. It's a clusterfuck of broken products, driver issues and whatnot  :lol
I'm starting to think this is a software issue and it might get fixed. But until then, stay away from Razer Mice.

This is like every Reddit or forum for a particular brand.  The people not having issues don't have anything to post about.

I have multiple Razer peripherals including a Firefly v2 mousepad and a Viper Ultimate wireless mouse.  Haven't had any issues. 
:idont

But I did see enough people reporting problems with battery bloat (and damaged chassis from it) with Razer laptops that it stopped me from buying one last year.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 10:47:49 AM by bork »
ど助平

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #36147 on: December 04, 2022, 08:45:21 PM »
I'm at a conference for work today. Had to step out of the main coherence hall because one of the presenters was so fucking boring I literally nodded off to sleep for a second.

Also, the tea is fucking awful.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 08:54:21 PM by Potato »
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #36148 on: December 28, 2022, 02:32:42 PM »
I had a thought, maybe this is a real thing people do

carrying a small loud speaker when you're walking in the wilderness and whenever approached by a dangerous animal start playing RPG battle music

it would probably honestly scare away most of them, and if it didn't you would feel really amped for the fight

Uncle

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #36149 on: January 03, 2023, 07:09:05 AM »
Made me think of the jrpg battle music that played in shitty B-movie Desert Warrior.

Around (15:18) if the time stamp don't work. Never fails to make me laugh.

Edit: They should've rebranded it as a Phantasy Star movie. I would've been completely on board.

Himu

« Reply #36150 on: January 10, 2023, 05:44:01 PM »
I took a quarter of a tab of LSD an hour ago and feel so euphoric and happy. Everything is normal but I feel so connected to things. It's like I'm on ADHD meds but it doesn't turn me into a robot. As I have ADHD this is amazing. It's like I can get things done in this state and my mind is normal and calibrated. This is nuts. I just want to hug everything, man. Even a glass of water is renewed in its purpose, and given new life. I need to go for a walk. The weather is amazing, the sun is amazing, this life is amazing, God is amazing. It's so much it makes you want to cry, man. As the Beatles wisely said,"because the wind is high it blows my mind, because the sky is blue it makes me cry."

I'm listening to Sgt. Pepper's right now.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #36151 on: January 10, 2023, 06:17:25 PM »

Life is amazing everyone. Let's just hug and kiss and be together.

I made list of questions for myself for my trip to analyze and honestly, none of it fucking matters.

Look at this shit.

Lsd questions:

Why do I doubt myself so much?

Why do I think so negatively? Why am I such a negative person?

:crowdlaff
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 06:21:53 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #36152 on: January 10, 2023, 08:18:25 PM »
This is fucking amazing. My brain...is working?!?!?? This is the best ADHD medicine I've taken. This is SO. GOOD! I've been on fire since doing this. It's helping with my tinnitus. It's helping with my audio processing. I cannot believe it. If I had this years ago I wouldn't have been suicidal. This is incredible. I am in Arabic class now and it's amazing. Even prayer is amazing like this.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #36153 on: January 13, 2023, 01:39:31 AM »
What I wrote in Reddit:

I took a quarter tab of LSD the other day and I haven't felt so alive in a long time

As someone with ADHD I instantly felt like my  brains holes had been plugged and I had a sense of euphoria. I initially  made a list of things to analyze about my negative thought processing ("why am I such a negative person? Why do I always think of the worst case scenario? How can I heal from these thoughts?") and sit down with myself but in the end realized how silly it was. After dropping my quarter and experiencing the come up I said to myself,"This doesn't even matter.  Enjoy life" and I went on a walk. While walking I managed to have so much love for  everything - this world, God, my neighbors, the plants, even metallic  surfaces and stones, which felt neat to touch. But most of all, love for myself, who I've been so hard on. It made me realize all we need is love and so much we face is in our minds. For so long I've felt like a broken person - the first time I experienced suicidal ideation was when I was 9 years old and I've long convinced myself that I was unlovable or not worth loving. I got lsd to, and combined with therapy, help fix my broken pieces but taking it I've realized I'm not broken or  cracked in any way. It's like God has hugged me and loved me despite my  struggles and I'm crying as I type this. More than that, it felt like my  brain was actually functioning in full capacity. As someone with ADHD  it was a revelation. It's easily the best ADHD medicine I've ever had  and didn't turn me into a robot the way Adderall always did. My tinnitus  and audio processing were completely demolished and music sounded so  good. I'm Muslim and even prayer was so beautiful and euphoric.

It has been almost two days since taking it and my ADHD has been curbed still. Yesterday I didn't put anything off, didn't procrastinate. It was beautiful. With my depression and ADHD I put things off a lot or tell myself some things aren't even worth doing. I ended up scheduling an exam for a job I wanted to apply for, studying Arabic for Quran, prayed most of my prayers on time, did chores as they came rather than put them off. I haven't tripped in earnest yet but I'm really grateful for this experience as I think it taught me that psilocybin or lsd won't teach me secret answers or anything and that everything will come from myself that was already there and always had the potential to have.

Since taking it I'm not going to say I experienced ego death or anything but I realized how much of an ass I can be to people (and myself) and that most people are just hurting and we should treat them (as well as ourselves) as kindly as possible. All we need is love!

Further musings: haven't felt the need to post about politics or anything here since taking it. The only reason I've been being like this is because I can say things I can't say on Facebook or elsewhere on the internet. It was a way to express myself without a need of censor but in the end it was still based around my ego and the thrill of being hated. I was being an asshole on purpose because I have no outlet elsewhere to be and because it felt good to hate post. What a waste of time and energy. Over the past few years I've kind of lost empathy for others when I used to be a more empathetic person. So this feels nice to spare others me being a shit head on purpose.

I'll be taking half a tab next week or the week after that. I'll still have a quarter of a tab left and I'll be saving that for a vacation to the beach or day in nature. Given my "trip" and its effects I would wager I took around 20-25ug. Enough to feel a euphoria but not enough to see visuals. Enough to talk to people but still feel something. Next go around will be twice this. After that, I'll take a full 100 or so ug tab and I'll have my first proper trip.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36154 on: January 13, 2023, 03:31:13 AM »
:rogan that's crazy man
🤴

Snoopycat_

« Reply #36155 on: January 13, 2023, 10:00:13 AM »
They've only gone and recreated the face of the world's first Glaswegian

Throws bammys outside the chemist because her methadone scripts no ready. Fed up with her neighbour's always calling the polis on her. Kid's called Britney. Last night's knickers used to tie back her hair.

https://ancient-archeology.com/face-of-stone-age-woman-reconstructed-with-4000-year-old-skull-found-in-sweden/

Himu

« Reply #36156 on: January 13, 2023, 02:04:08 PM »
She's not black!!! :stop
IYKYK

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #36157 on: January 13, 2023, 02:09:07 PM »
Last night's knickers used to tie back her hair.

:dead
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #36158 on: January 13, 2023, 03:27:51 PM »
https://www.musicradar.com/news/uk-metal-acts-album-reportedly-stolen-and-reuploaded-to-spotify-by-another-band

Apparently, uploading someone else's music to Spotify is a thing now.

Can't imagine it's that lucrative given the widespread complaints by artists about revenue sharing etc.

Also makes me wonder, if YouTube can scan every video for copyrighted works before uploading, surely Spotify can do something similar?
Spud

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36159 on: January 13, 2023, 03:32:27 PM »
was that your first time taking lsd himu?

Himu

« Reply #36160 on: January 13, 2023, 03:39:57 PM »

Yep!

I had microdosed shrooms a few months ago and that got me started. I researched LSD and psychs for months. I got some lsd a few weeks ago and ordered a test kit of Ehrlich. Made sure it was legitimate acid. It was. Then I hyped myself up by being excited to take it and wrote some questions to analyze about myself in conjunction with the therapy I was receiving. Along with my therapist we agreed that me taking a psych the day before therapy sessions and us unraveling the trip the day after would be optimal. I researched psychs and psychonaut culture for a while so I understood the premise of set and setting and I wanted an optimal set. The day of, I felt good, I had a great mood, so I realized it was the perfect day to take the acid because my set (or mindset) would only be enhanced since I felt so good and happy that day, and I did. The end result was pure euphoria.

I plan on tripping on acid, shrooms, and taking MDMA in the future.

Have you taken any?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 03:47:14 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36161 on: January 13, 2023, 03:48:47 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Throws bammys outside the chemist because her methadone scripts no ready. Fed up with her neighbour's always calling the polis on her. Kid's called Britney. Last night's knickers used to tie back her hair.

https://ancient-archeology.com/face-of-stone-age-woman-reconstructed-with-4000-year-old-skull-found-in-sweden/
It looks like a Soyny Computer Entertainment walking simulator character
🤴

Himu

« Reply #36162 on: January 13, 2023, 03:50:40 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

It looks like a Soyny Computer Entertainment walking simulator character

Current sidequest: survive scurvy and dysentery.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #36163 on: January 15, 2023, 06:21:42 PM »
Psilocybin trip in the next few weeks hopefully! 1g, then 2g, then 3g!! Should have three trips this year on shrooms.
IYKYK

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #36164 on: January 16, 2023, 03:56:45 AM »
Lana del Rey...nice boobs, huh?
Spud

Sman

« Reply #36165 on: January 16, 2023, 03:39:49 PM »

Yep!

I had microdosed shrooms a few months ago and that got me started. I researched LSD and psychs for months. I got some lsd a few weeks ago and ordered a test kit of Ehrlich. Made sure it was legitimate acid. It was. Then I hyped myself up by being excited to take it and wrote some questions to analyze about myself in conjunction with the therapy I was receiving. Along with my therapist we agreed that me taking a psych the day before therapy sessions and us unraveling the trip the day after would be optimal. I researched psychs and psychonaut culture for a while so I understood the premise of set and setting and I wanted an optimal set. The day of, I felt good, I had a great mood, so I realized it was the perfect day to take the acid because my set (or mindset) would only be enhanced since I felt so good and happy that day, and I did. The end result was pure euphoria.

Have you taken any?

That's haram, dude.

:snoop

Himu

« Reply #36166 on: January 16, 2023, 03:52:02 PM »

Yep!

Have you taken any?

That's haram, dude.

:snoop

Is it? According to whom? Are they Islamic psychotherapists? Are you?

Yup, a medicine that helps people overcome alcoholism, PTSD, depression, and anxiety is absolutely Haram. LOL. Yup, a medicine that can help a woman get over her rape is something God wouldn't allow. Except when you forget God made psilocybin to begin with. LOL. Never expected to run into the HARAM POLICE on The Bore.com
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 03:58:38 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36167 on: January 16, 2023, 05:54:30 PM »
:rogan "Pull that up Jaime"

Allah says in the Quran:" O you who believe ! Intoxicants and gambling , (dedication of) stones and (divination by) arrows are an abomination of Satan’s handiwork. Avoid (such abominations) that you may prosper" (5:90).

The Prophet Mohamed (peace and blessings be upon him) said : " Every intoxicant is Khamr, and every Khamr is Haram (forbidden)."

:rogan "These religous texts are fascinating but maybe it was a mistranslation and they meant Harem instead of Haram"

:info "Could be Joe, Khamr is the Islamic word for Wine and we all know what the ladies do when they drink too much"

:rogan "So what they're saying is, men should not take the intoxicants so they may prosper but give it to their harem instead. That's some legit advice"
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #36168 on: January 21, 2023, 07:48:44 PM »
I had to do a sappy Buyer's letter to Seller for the first time. I got lucky and never had to do that in the past. I thought they were phasing these things out in the last few years because they're super biased.

I've always hated the idea of them as a single person because some letter from a family with kids and a dog is always going to be more heartfelt than a single person. But it's hard to date/get married/start a family as a single person if you don't have your own place. So chicken & egg situation there /shrug.

Oh and the sellers had all kinds of Christian writings and stuff on the walls, so I'm sure a nice religious family sells better, but I couldn't bring myself to throw any religious praise Jesus in because it's very much not my element.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #36169 on: January 21, 2023, 08:07:07 PM »
https://www.musicradar.com/news/uk-metal-acts-album-reportedly-stolen-and-reuploaded-to-spotify-by-another-band

Apparently, uploading someone else's music to Spotify is a thing now.

Can't imagine it's that lucrative given the widespread complaints by artists about revenue sharing etc.

Also makes me wonder, if YouTube can scan every video for copyrighted works before uploading, surely Spotify can do something similar?

i remember when someone did this with my pictures on a pre-myspace profile site.

my hotness had currency. if only onlyfans was around 20 years ago.

Himu

« Reply #36170 on: January 22, 2023, 05:06:14 AM »
Taking half a tab of acid today.
IYKYK

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #36171 on: January 22, 2023, 08:24:19 AM »
Thought going from a 100 dollar pair of headphones to a 300 dollar one didn't make that much of a difference.

Actually took the time to listen to them both at the same time. Difference is insane. Time to rediscover my music library. (Audio Technica ath-m50x VS Meze 99 Classics.)

Seems the price on the Audio Technica ones has gone up quite a bit as well. Used to be around 100 euros, now they sell them for 150.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36172 on: January 22, 2023, 10:20:21 AM »
Taking half a tab of acid today.
:rogan pop some acid and play the Resident Evil 4 sewer level, those lizards are going to fuck you up man.
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #36173 on: January 22, 2023, 07:54:24 PM »
In full on bidding war for a house right now. $60k over asking price atm. Going to bow out soon and probably not get it. And this is with mortgages being like 6.5-7%.

I thought Housing was supposed to have actually come down in the last year. Prices still seem fucked as ever and when there's something reasonable you get a dozen people bidding it up days after it goes live.

The house I'm looking at is already up like 40% from 2016 and almost double the price from where it was at the bottom of the market in 2010.

If I do get the house, that's cool. Will have overpaid but eventually should be worth more over time.
If I don't get the house, that's fine too. Just more wasted time and stress and back to looking at houses that are all ridiculously overpriced.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #36174 on: January 22, 2023, 09:01:46 PM »
I reckon I'm going to spend upwards of 300 quid on Andy Warhol backpacks this year. I know it's a waste of money but when it comes to Warhol/The Velvet Underground, I will have the things, whatever they are, I will have them.

Edit.

In other news I've just seen my neighbour on Come Dine With Me. He looks like Gordon Ramsey with downs. Right snippy wee cunt as well.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 10:17:46 PM by Snoopycat_ »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #36175 on: January 23, 2023, 07:33:05 AM »
In full on bidding war for a house right now. $60k over asking price atm. Going to bow out soon and probably not get it. And this is with mortgages being like 6.5-7%.

I thought Housing was supposed to have actually come down in the last year. Prices still seem fucked as ever and when there's something reasonable you get a dozen people bidding it up days after it goes live.

The house I'm looking at is already up like 40% from 2016 and almost double the price from where it was at the bottom of the market in 2010.

If I do get the house, that's cool. Will have overpaid but eventually should be worth more over time.
If I don't get the house, that's fine too. Just more wasted time and stress and back to looking at houses that are all ridiculously overpriced.

I have a friend with very specific requirements for the house he wanted (land for activities, no pool or pond, good garage/workshop area)

he found the perfect house and was all set to buy it, then someone bought it out from underneath him through a direct deal with the homeowner, and this was allowed because the realtor forgot to cross t's and dot i's and it was a nasty shock, he was all ready to move and got fucked over big time

he found another perfect house and made sure it was his this time, but even then the homeowner realized he could've gotten a better price and started dragging his feet and becoming pouty about the whole situation, almost had to go to court with him over it, there was some document he refused to sign regarding out-buildings and lawyers/local depts were like "uhh, no one has ever refused to do this before, we don't know the ramifications if he doesn't"

but he got it eventually and it's a nice place

I hope your luck improves  :doggy
Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36176 on: January 23, 2023, 10:16:54 AM »
When we got our home in 2021, we didn't bother with any bidding war nonsense and just kept looking when that came up on a house we were interested in.  It's not worth it- there's always something better out there.  IIRC we just put in a solid offer on our house and got it over someone else, but we weren't going to go any higher and the home owners needed to sell and move ASAP, so it worked in our favor. 

I like being a house owner, but sometimes I think I'd rather be back in a condo or a townhouse.  I like not having to worry about taking care of the outside.  We had to spend a shitload of money to basically completely gut and redo the entire backyard and now the front is going to need work, too.  Then again, there's a very minimal HOA here and it's nice to have our own yard space.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 10:28:46 AM by bork »
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36177 on: January 23, 2023, 10:29:16 AM »
I've noticed a recent return of foreskin in porn.

I'm glad that between anti semites and hippy anti mutilation activitsts, ladies are liking the ant eater look again.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36178 on: January 23, 2023, 10:30:09 AM »
also did cindi die after popping that acid?

Himu

« Reply #36179 on: January 23, 2023, 11:07:13 AM »
Good luck bebpo
IYKYK