Author Topic: The NBA thread  (Read 1531148 times)

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
Re: The NBA thread (Waiting for the off-season to end)
« Reply #21780 on: September 18, 2019, 08:03:03 PM »
Durant is just passive aggressive. It’s in his bones. It creates all these weird interactions with teammates and fans.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #21781 on: September 20, 2019, 06:34:30 PM »
https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/1175128354833534977

finally a superstar athlete who can represent us milennials

team filler

• filler
  • filler

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #21783 on: September 21, 2019, 11:07:32 PM »
I don't get this recent round of stories about Durant and the Warriors coming up yet again. Why is anyone still talking about this? It's been known from the start, they never tried to hide it. They'd do entire stints during games where Durant got a bunch of isolations while everybody stood outside the arc as reward for playing the worlds greatest Harrison Barnes replacement in the Warriors passing game.

The real fun starts a year from now when Kyrie and Durant are both on the floor together, two epic passive aggressive players who spent the last three years messing around with two contenders each.

I also figure we're closing in on Durant getting his first tattoo outside of his jersey fit, almost willing to predict it happening before he returns to the court.

benjipwns

team filler

• filler
  • filler

benjipwns

« Reply #21786 on: September 27, 2019, 10:08:30 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler

benjipwns

« Reply #21791 on: September 30, 2019, 10:41:05 PM »
had to team up with somebody who could handle Joe Ingles for him

also I know they want Russell slipping to those corners but he'll get camping there and watching if they don't give him the green light to also do things like randomly crash for absurd putback attempts while everyone in the arena shakes their head as Scott Brooks found out
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 10:45:23 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #21793 on: October 01, 2019, 11:30:43 PM »
So regarding those actual player heights the league is requiring, 2K uses the official NBA measurements rather than actual heights (for a number of reasons including the licensing requiring it), some people edited Durant to be 7 feet while changing nothing else and he becomes literally impossible to guard and breaks everything about the game. :lol

A few years back they zeroed the strength of "Lew Alcindor" because he was similarly impossible to stop, so only by making other bigs be able to push him out could you get him outside perfect range. But it was only really a problem if you were playing the 1971 or All-Time Bucks. Durant will be used in all kinds of modes and stuff being a current player.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 11:36:18 PM by benjipwns »

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Re: The NBA thread (Season begins October 22nd)
« Reply #21794 on: October 02, 2019, 11:58:18 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Stoney Mason

« Reply #21796 on: October 05, 2019, 08:15:38 PM »
Lakers versus Warriors preseason game on now.

Man Lakers are tall.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #21797 on: October 05, 2019, 08:28:02 PM »
AD is gonna be so nasty

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #21798 on: October 05, 2019, 08:32:43 PM »
plan the parade  ;)

Stoney Mason

« Reply #21799 on: October 05, 2019, 09:48:04 PM »
Starters are done. Lakers looked good. Anthony Davis especially. Dwight looked a bit stiff. Rondo still needs to learn to shoot better since he will always be completely wide open as no one guards him.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 09:53:31 PM by Stoney Mason »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #21800 on: October 07, 2019, 01:12:12 AM »
I've pimped this channel before but here is another one. Probably my favorite current content producer on nba stuff.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #21802 on: October 07, 2019, 10:25:38 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 01:05:39 PM by filler »

team filler

• filler
  • filler

benjipwns

« Reply #21807 on: October 09, 2019, 01:27:12 AM »
Big guys jacking threes or trying other stuff like crossovers on the break is one of my favorite parts of preseason. Shaq in all-star games type fun. Although these days some of that is legit trying to extend their range like Simmons and even Adams probably instead of just goofery.

One year Ben Wallace got a long rebound and KG didn't even bother to come out of the paint and yelled SHOOT IT at him and he did and made it, so he tried another and it wasn't even as close as Andre's there.

benjipwns

« Reply #21808 on: October 09, 2019, 01:31:28 AM »
https://deadspin.com/internal-memo-espn-forbids-discussion-of-chinese-polit-1838881032
This could be because Chuck Salituro, the senior news director of ESPN, sent a memo to shows mandating that any discussion of the Daryl Morey story avoid any political discussions about China and Hong Kong, and instead focus on the related basketball issues. The memo, obtained by Deadspin, explicitly discouraged any political discussion about China and Hong Kong. Multiple ESPN sources confirmed to Deadspin that network higher-ups were keeping a close eye on how the topic was discussed on ESPN’s airwaves.

Around the Horn did a long segment on the ongoing story, and in doing so provided both the high and low points of the network’s coverage on the topic. The low point came right off the bat, when Tony Reali threw the topic to Ramona Shelburne, who alluded to “both sides” of the “issue” without giving any sort of explanation of what those sides or issues were. She said:

“Listen, I have learned more about the issue with China and Hong Kong in the last 48 hours because of this, and I think it is an example of how sports shines a light on the rest of the world. We go all the way back to ping-pong diplomacy in the 1970s when he U.S. ping pong team played against China and started opening up China to these discussions. People on both sides of this issue, whether you are in mainland China, Hong Kong, or around the world feel strongly about their positions. And I think it’s important for all of us to read about it and understand what is going on.”

The high point arrived when another ATH panelist, Kevin Blackistone, became the only person across all of ESPN’s shows to actually talk about what is going on in Hong Kong. He said:

“I don’t think it was a mistake for Daryl Morey to express his sympathy for a movement against authoritarianism being implemented into Hong Kong. A struggle that has been going on now for four months, that reportedly has injured 1,100 people, reportedly now has live gunfire in the streets, which has injured a couple of people, which reportedly has left a journalist covering all this blind. This is a very serious situation.”

https://deadspin.com/stephen-a-smith-pauses-between-bootlicks-to-tell-daryl-1838854121
“Daryl Morey, a good man, an exceptional executive, and a conscientious human being, what were you thinking speaking up on this issue?” Smith asked. “It’s about a multitude of people that extends far beyond yourself that you have compromised because you had this insatiable appetite to disseminate a tweet. You don’t know better than that?”

Smith bizarrely frames Morey’s low-key activism as something childish and immature. He believes it to be so because, he says, Morey’s urge to show support for the Hong Kong protestors was ... selfish? “You don’t just think about yourself before you act,” Smith blustered. “That’s what boys and girls do. That’s what children do.”

“Daryl Morey had an obligation to think about the Houston Rockets organization and about the National Basketball Association before himself,” Smith said, loading in a bunch of punctuating pauses and Pacino-style emphasis. “You have an obligation to adopt and embrace the interest of those you collect a paycheck from.”

benjipwns

team filler

• filler
  • filler

bluemax

NO

bluemax

« Reply #21813 on: October 11, 2019, 12:19:10 AM »
Morey always playing 4D chess while everyone else is playing tiddly winks.
NO

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #21815 on: October 11, 2019, 02:16:09 AM »

benjipwns

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler

benjipwns

ToxicAdam

« Reply #21821 on: October 15, 2019, 09:39:10 AM »
You think the Lebron China tweet controversy will have legs?

I see people saying that this gaffe is worse than The Decision, but I don't see people over a certain age giving a fuck or non-NBA fans even caring.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #21822 on: October 15, 2019, 10:53:04 AM »
I can't see it being worse than the decision, but it does come off a bit  :comeon .

I got impression that his main issue was having players being dragged into it while over in China more than straight-up calling for a capitulation.  :chinacry

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #21823 on: October 15, 2019, 12:14:04 PM »
it's much worse than The Decision ethically etc. people aren't going to care long term tho. he just mad he stood to lose some millions. ppl in 'murca get it!
◕‿◕

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #21824 on: October 15, 2019, 05:04:20 PM »
won't someone please think of Klay.  :'(

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #21826 on: October 15, 2019, 05:22:24 PM »
that would tie in nicely as to why he wanted it kept behind doors, but think I want a few more sources before I believe that.  :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler

benjipwns

« Reply #21828 on: October 16, 2019, 07:16:14 AM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #21829 on: October 16, 2019, 08:47:52 AM »

:whew
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #21830 on: October 16, 2019, 09:05:39 AM »
Sacramento Kings guard Bogdan Bogdanovic is weighing a maximum contract extension from Sacramento or entering free agency after the season.

Bogdanovic told The Sacramento Bee on Tuesday that he has received a four-year, $51.4 million extension offer but has not decided whether he will sign it.

"They did, but we will wait to see," Bogdanovic told the newspaper of the offer. "Maybe we will sign tomorrow. Maybe we sign in a month. Who knows? We will see."
wait what

benjipwns

« Reply #21831 on: October 16, 2019, 09:06:54 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #21832 on: October 16, 2019, 01:00:35 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Stoney Mason

« Reply #21835 on: October 17, 2019, 01:02:04 AM »
Lakers looking great this pre-season. That being said, they've played the Warriors every game except 1.

:doge

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #21838 on: October 18, 2019, 01:30:17 PM »
Zion out a few weeks.  :-\

ToxicAdam