Author Topic: The Official Psychoanalysis GAF Thread  (Read 5045304 times)

Himu

IYKYK

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
The one on the last page is the best
USA

Himu

oh my GOD :rofl

IYKYK

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
I am fucking dying. I can't look at that thread any longer at work, and I'm only on page 3.
AMC

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier

:bow SA
USA

Raban

• The baby...
That Hanar's face is priceless! :lol
SRY

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
I like Tennis.  I feel inclined to hate them because of the incessant repetition of their moronic backstory in association with their album by every single notable music criticism outlet, but it's enjoyable, light garage/surf pop.

I don't see how anyone can dislike The xx though, much less hate them (unless you work at Starbucks, Borders or B&N).

HAH!  Gotcha.  I do work at Borders!

:-\

I just never got the love.  It's more a hatred towards the fanbase than the actual music....even though the music is boring fucking shit.  Not to mention them fucking with my youtube searches bringing up their song Islands instead of the much better band of the same name!  :maf
püp

Himu

IYKYK

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
ya
USA

Himu

sorry but morinth is best in that pic
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Himu

on last weeks chuck they included a mass effect 2 nod

yvonne dyed her hair black and dude is like,"it's a suicide mission"

to which miran...i mean, Yvonne, responded,"I love suicide missions."

Fuck yeah, man.
IYKYK

Raban

• The baby...
That's...pretty awesome.
SRY

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25716730&postcount=15

best post on gaf i've ever read. deserves to be tagged for the genius
nat

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
🍆🍆

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=420384
 :o

The other thread he was referencing was :o as well

This is what makes people :o these days?

White people problems, smh.
Unzip

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am

I must have lived some sheltered life as a white person because I've never experienced this sort of stuff. My life is so boring.
itm

cool breeze

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=420606

what the fuck

eat your heart out, himuro

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon

I must have lived some sheltered life as a white person because I've never experienced this sort of stuff. My life is so boring.

MIMIC is black.
AMC

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Black Americans are starting to have white people problems? that's even more sad.
Unzip

Himu

IYKYK

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
That ScOULaris is one of the worst thread creators on GAF these days, one stupid list thread after another. I fully expect him to get junior'd soon. I mean he does.
Unzip

Phoenix Dark

MIMIC is black.

no fucking way  :lol

Himu

you didn't know that? I've memorized everyone who's black at that place
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

wow, we've been talking forever, although not as much since 24 went off the air...and I never knew. fuck

magus

• LIKES FF7
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=420606

what the fuck

eat your heart out, himuro

Magus

19XX-20XX

"his last words were WAHOO"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=420628

oh god,has the place gotten so bad since i went away?
what's next? LINES OF DIALOGUE OF OBSCURE GAMES!
<----

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
isn't that the same guy that made the thread in OT saying how women can't be funny?  he's a master troll, let's get him here
püp

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
But how is telling truth trolling? women just aren't funny and have never been.
Drunk

etiolate

the P-A thread in gaming is a real humdinger

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
yeah.  how dare people make a rape joke now and again

besides, "dickwolves" rolls off the tongue nicely.  I support PA because fuck the dickwolves at gaf
püp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Rape isn't even the joke. The joke is that the player character has fulfilled an arbitrary quota and now no longer has any interest in the plight of the rest of the villagers. The rape part could be replaced with any other sort of physical or mental torture and it wouldn't change a thing.

Edit: As far as the second comic goes, that's more tweaking the nose of the people who got offended by the original comic moreso than anything else.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 11:57:52 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

etiolate

it's just an absurd horrific image to place the apathy against

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
you mean, this absurd image?

:nsfw

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
püp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
it's just an absurd horrific image to place the apathy against

Pretty much. The villagers are horribly abused, but the player character no longer cares because he freed 5 villagers and that was all he needed to free in order to complete the mission. In his mind, it's over and done with. THAT'S THE JOKE.

But some people would rather go "ZOMG P-A ENDORSES RAEP!11!1!!".
dog

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
With all the things in the world to actually be upset about and all the people who genuinely have bad intentions behind their actions and words, the dickwolves thing shows how delusional some people are. 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
With all the things in the world to actually be upset about and all the people who genuinely have bad intentions behind their actions and words, the dickwolves thing shows how delusional some people are. 

But, see, most people aren't made about the joke, they're mad that P-A had the NERVE to make light of other people's indignation and not immediately post a weeping, heartfelt apology.
dog

Mupepe

• Icon
Good lord.  I really think GAF's gaming forum ruined talking about games for me.  I used to spend hours browsing it in like 2005, but after a couple of years the fanboy and obsessive bullshit killed it for me.  I don't read anything about games.  I look at the names of topics in our gaming forum and every once in a while take a peak.  Oh well, it's probably better for my wallet that way.

Phoenix Dark

I spend more time in the community forum than gaming now, mainly for SC2 and WoW. The gaming discussion seems so focused on not actually playing games that I don't see the point.

Have PS3 gaffers finally conceded the jig is up and their console has failed?

Mupepe

• Icon
last I saw regarding that was PS3 owners lol'ing about all the exclusives PS3 had this year and how 360 fans were in denial because 2011 was truly the year of the PS3.

Stoney Mason

The gaming discussion seems so focused on not actually playing games that I don't see the point.

This.

I've mentioned it before but the amount of actual "game talk" is actually quite low. When you look at the posts its more about general news, nostalgia, sales, consoles wars, pc elitists, and taking positions on things like dickwolves.

Stoney Mason

Quote from: some dumb ass on GAF
It's pretty evident how we can all agree that saying how funny it would be to murder Gabe's family has "no place in any fucking society." It's interesting to note how the defenders of freedom of speech and those who claim the cathartic power of humor are nowhere to be found when these things come up. That's because they're wrong on this issue- just as wrong as they are about the issue of the rape comic. If anyone was offended and frightened by someone making light of such a potentially tragic event, and feel it's beyond the pall- perhaps you should consider how rape victims or those who live in fear of rape feel about the original comic.

Might be the dumbest post I've seen in months and the sad bit is I bet he thinks he's actually making an excellent point.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Are any of you actually surprised about the "dickwolves controversy" on GAF?
🍆🍆

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Are any of you actually surprised about the "dickwolves controversy" on GAF?

I'm never surprised about anything regarding GAF, so, no I was not.
dog

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
The difference is that PA is now a major advertising venue and publishers don't want any of that shit so they have to sell out.
USA

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
you can suck microsofts dick anytime babe

:teehee
USA

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Yeah, not responding at all would have been the best course, but they decided to tweak people's noses instead. That's the biggest reason it's gone on as long as it has.
dog

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
never explain, defend, or apologize for your jokes

if a joke offends people enough that some of them mob up for the attack, well, that's the chance you took by telling it so you may as well keep moving along

besides, not responding to the angry, ranting, perpetually offended is sort of the ultimate troll, and silence is the best "fuck you"
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 07:23:05 PM by Dr. Feelbad »
sup

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
does that make me the worst troll ever  ???
USA

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
hahaha, no
sup

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
Can't even believe over half a year later we're talking about dickwolves. I'm as an easy to offend flaming liberal as anyone else, but fuck this is distinguished mentally-challenged. How the fuck are we still talking about dickwolves? We all know internet people have too much time to think about too little things but this is beyond the pale.

If you were pissed off - TWO WEEKS MAX, that's all you get.

(The PA guys are at least somewhat at fault by egging on the oppositon, when that second comic should've been their final say and non-response to the outrageors would've left that the final say. But they didn't)
___

etiolate

The main problem is that Penny Arcade, like any good comedian, shouldn't have responded to the controversy at all.  Instead they, as both their comic personas and themselves as heads of a multimillion dollar business, have treated some of their fans like a bunch of assholes.

The first response comic was worth it. It should have dropped at that point. They should have seen the bloggers using the comic for their own means and not end up indulging a shit fest.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I've been reading Penny Arcade for probably the majority of a decade, let me tell you this is not their most offensive comic by any means. If anyone reads Penny Arcade not expecting anything offensive they're distinguished mentally-challenged and that's about as far as that conversation should go.

It's not even in their Top 10.

A lot of people who are asshurt about insignificant things have always been the type of be power tripping and passive aggressive.  Whining over stupid shit like this is the only way they can derive any semblance power.  Which is why the only way to deal with these people are to ignore them.  Even telling them to fuck off validates them because it means they made an impact on *someone*.  PA did the wrong thing by validating their complaints, even if it was to ridicule them.
🍆🍆

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
I know we focus on GAF lulz here, but I thought this worth a mention:

http://wastingyourlife.co/forums/on-topic/a-real-life-spy-game-im-in-4052.html
MMA

Robo

I know we focus on GAF lulz here, but I thought this worth a mention:

http://wastingyourlife.co/forums/on-topic/a-real-life-spy-game-im-in-4052.html

Is this what passes for lulz on WYF?  I'm not much for hyperbole, but: most boring forum ever.
obo

Phoenix Dark

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204407
blast from the past :rofl

come back junpei we miss you

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am

That's like a bore all-star thread
itm

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer

LOL, is this really a picture of Cheebs?  I've never seen a pic of him before.

🍆🍆