Author Topic: Pallando will return in "Never Say Never Again"  (Read 1256164 times)

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Had a date with the girlfriend tonight.  Reached Arvie levels of awkward. 

Awkward hand holding.
Awkward holding each other.
Awkward "is it a kiss or a hug?...
....it's a hug..." moment
 :-\

Sex is really just a hug with more small talk.

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon

x4

I "run bad" at life.

Flannel Boy

• Icon

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator

Awkward hand holding.

lol, you jumped the gun. You'll be separated by week's end.

"It's Facebook Official!"
fat

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
I haz a gf. :)
UNF

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude

Awkward hand holding.

lol, you jumped the gun. You'll be separated by week's end.

"It's Facebook Official!"

:lol  Fuck you  :lol
WTF

Flannel Boy

• Icon
I haz a gf. :)

I will cut you!

A piece of cake. Congrats.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
I have... more friends who are girls.   :)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Five days after a date, what is the meaning of a random "goodnight :)" message outside of the fact that women are crazy and love smiley faces?

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
Is it the only text she's sent you?

Cause if so, she probably sent it to the wrong guy.
WTF

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Goddamit, the last month or so have been chock full of promising dates only to find out during said dates that all these girls are moving away from Nashville within a week or two.  FUCK.

Gotta get free meals out of me before they leave.  :maf
püp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
oh its happened.  thats cool and all but I'm kinda past that stage and looking for something more serious
püp

Phoenix Dark

Respond by informing her that she's the star of an erotic novel you're writing.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Is it the only text she's sent you?

Cause if so, she probably sent it to the wrong guy.

Nah, it was for me. In her next message she said she was busy at work. The MILF also replied and said she was very busy. 

Prior to a date, they have more than enough time for dozens of texts and messages each day. After a date, they're too busy to type a one-word text with a smiley face.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
You're drunk today, Biz. My main problem is that their post-date conduct is pretty anti-social (and I'm the shut in). What's the point of waiting five days to reply when the reply consists of the words "goodnight insert smiley face."

Also, how the fuck can Phoenix Dark like that message?

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
we got a bad ass over here
püp

Flannel Boy

• Icon
At this point, you're just complaining about my complaining.

Your "solution" doesn't address the problem I have here. Even if I had other dates lined up--and god that's easy right--I could still be fucking annoyed with their behavior. A prompt "I'm no longer interested--please die in a fire" isn't too much to ask for.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
If they're interested in you, you'd know it. They'd be on your jock. Don't bother with them at all.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
How many beta males do you want to kill in one week?

They could also let me know with ten-seconds worth of effort instead of leaving me with a small sliver of doubt.

Goodnight :)

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
How many beta males do you want to kill in one week?

They could also let me know with ten-seconds worth of effort instead of leaving me with a small sliver of doubt.

Goodnight :)

If I've learned anything it's that dudes could help themselves by not giving a shit about these women unless they show more of a vested interest in you. Your best armor is disinterest.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Time to delete all my accounts.

. . . I have to apologize. I didn't realize you were an atheist. I totally respect everyone's beliefs but I don't think that is something that I would be able to work with.

::)

edit:
Wait, she's
Spiritual but not religious
  :dizzy
 ::) ::)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Not only is it your best armor but its also your best lure.

Biggest truth spoken in this thread so far.

Phoenix Dark

truth bomb. Women get fawned over all day, they get stared at all day, they deal with asshole comments all day. Being respectful but disinterested makes you stand out. I don't mean "sitting in the back of the class not talking to anyone, not making eye contact with women at work, etc" btw. Just act normal for gods sake

Flannel Boy

• Icon

truth bomb. Women get fawned over all day, they get stared at all day, they deal with asshole comments all day. Being respectful but disinterested makes you stand out. I don't mean "sitting in the back of the class not talking to anyone, not making eye contact with women at work, etc" btw. Just act normal for gods sake

Phoenix Dark

I was assuming The Business was referring to Devo's post.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
So I had my second date with the girl I mentioned a few pages back. We went bowling instead of ice skating, and this one went even better than the first one! She's itching to see my place so I'm gonna show her this Saturday ;)
^_^

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Do like grown-up grown-ups also have to clean up everything an hour before a date?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Only if you want to get some.

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
So I had my second date with the girl I mentioned a few pages back. We went bowling instead of ice skating, and this one went even better than the first one! She's itching to see my place so I'm gonna show her this Saturday ;)

Show her the clock I sent you a couple years back.  P-A-N-T-Y   D-R-O-P-P-E-R  :lol
WTF

Inspector Thatcher

Do like grown-up grown-ups also have to clean up everything an hour before a date?

If only because we don't bother to clean any other time of the week...

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Women.  >:(

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Yeah I have some big cleaning to do this afternoon... (and cleaning my bedsheets, which will hopefully be getting all dirty right again  8)) shiiit, I was hoping to get in a few hours of DDS2 before she comes over.
^_^

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Wink at me, I send a message . . . no reply
Favorite me, I send a message . . . no reply
Say you're interested, I send a message . . . no reply
Do all of the above, I send a message . . . no reply.

???

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
think of it as a warm up for when you're on the labor market.

Flannel Boy

• Icon

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Just got this email from one of my dates last week: "I just didn't feel the chemistry."

:dead

:stahp

spark chemistry

And do they have to wait a week to tell me this.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:41:17 PM by Flannel Boy »

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
So they can move in that time frame.

(I kid).

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Why do you want all of us beta males to kill ourselves.  :(

spoiler (click to show/hide)
That was fucking funny.
[close]

Flannel Boy

• Icon
: A woman nearly didn't feel that spark with me, but then I found out she was a lesbian.

: I kissed her, and she found out that she was a bi-sexual.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
In all honesty I think some women are just flaky because they can be and no one has told them they're rude selfish insensitive shits.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
I understand that men can be dicks when women turn them down, but if you're going to tell me there's no spark or chemistry, do it within 48 hours thanks.

Next girl that asks me out: booze or GTFO
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:56:06 PM by Flannel Boy »

Polari

• Hello darkness my old friend I come to talk to you again
I understand that men can be dicks when women turn them down, but if you're going to tell me there's no spark or chemistry, do it within 48 hours thanks.

Need to thicken that skin man.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
If you were within 300 miles of me, I'd skin you alive and glue your fucking epidermis on my body. Would that be thick enough?

Polari

• Hello darkness my old friend I come to talk to you again
If you were within 300 miles of me, I'd skin you alive and glue your fucking epidermis on my body. Would that be thick enough?

I don't know. It would probably improve your chances of getting a second date though. :teehee

Phoenix Dark

Just got this email from one of my dates last week: "I just didn't feel the chemistry."

:dead

spark chemistry

And do they have to wait a week to tell me this.

I don't get it. You spent much of the last two weeks basically saying "I have a date, not gonna try to make it work because it doesn't matter." And now that you struck out with women you apparently liked, you're upset? I really don't understand what you expected.

You're an attractive, smart guy. Within a short period of time you have transformed your physical appearance from being flabby-n-sick status to a solid, fit dude. But in terms of your social skills/experience you seem to be the same guy who doesn't talk to people, stays in, etc - at least, based on your posts; maybe I'm wrong. I think you should put as much time into working on your social skills as you did working on your beautiful body, bro.

I hope I don't sound like some asshole know-it-all because I'm far from that. But I spent years complaining about women ignoring me until I realized I didn't really have decent social skills or confidence with respect to them. You're not going to get anywhere with a defeatist attitude, nor can you jump into the deep end of the pool and expect good results. If you have female friends, talk to them more. If you don't, start saying hello to women or something. Don't hit on them, don't annoy or pin them with bad conversations. Just...be social, and work on your confidence one step at a time.

School is a great place to talk to women. It gives you an excuse to start conversations without asking  "so...how about this weather aye." Nearly every study session or group project I ever attended included a good deal of random, non-school related talk. Just shooting the breeze talking about music, or the weird janitor guy who stared at you, or that movie you saw last night, etc. The more you do that, the more confident you get. And the more confident you get, the more you realize women are not strange alien life forms. Meaning the next time you're on a date you'll be comfortable shooting the breeze talking to a person who just so happens to be female.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist

Next girl that asks me out: booze or GTFO

You know you could just take a swig right before if you're nervous.

Flannel Boy

• Icon

I don't get it. You spent much of the last two weeks basically saying "I have a date, not gonna try to make it work because it doesn't matter."
Citation needed.

I think you should put as much time into working on your social skills
I think my social skills are fine.* Let me transcribe some of the conversations I had with my latest date.

Me: You look nice.
Her: Thank you.
Me: I’m not flirting with you.
Her: Oh, I didn’t think you were.
Me: I just see that you made an effort and I’m gonna be better with Flannel Girl, I’m working on that. I wanna acknowledge her beauty. I never used to do that. I do that now. ‘Cause we’re gonna be better than ever.... Just practicing. How’d Tommy die? . . . What about your job?
Her: I just got fired, actually.
Me: Oh, really? How? I mean, I’m sorry. How’d that happen?
Her: Does it really matter?

Me: Well, I don’t have an iPod. I don’t even have a phone. They won’t let me make any calls. They think I’m gonna call Flannel Girl.
Ron: Don’t worry about it. Don’t focus on that.
Me: I would call Flannel Girl

Insert a discussion of pharmacology (coincidentally, I just got a prescription for Trazodone**)

Her: Are you gonna walk me home or what?
Me: You mean me?
Her: Yeah, you. Are you gonna walk me home?
Me: You have poor social skills. You have a problem.
Her: I have a problem? You say more inappropriate things than appropriate things. You scare people.
Me: I tell the truth. But you’re mean.
Her: What? I’m not telling the truth?

I probably shouldn't have worn the Eagles jersey though. I mean . . . I'm not even a fan of the Eagles.

*Fine for a shut-in with several anxiety disorders who has been clinically depressed for more than sixteen years. . . .
*that would be the third anti-depressant I'm taking concurrently.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 02:42:47 AM by Flannel Boy »

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Her: Listen, I haven't dated since before my marriage so I don't really remember how this works.
Me: How what works?
Her: I saw the way you were looking at me, Adam. You felt it, I felt it, don't lie. We're not liars like they are. I live in the addition around back, which is completely separate from my parents' house, so there's no chance of them walking in on us. I hate the fact that you wore a football jersey to dinner because I hate football, but you can fuck me if you turn the lights off, okay?
Me: . . .  How old are you?
Her: Old enough to have a marriage end and not wind up in a mental hospital.
Me: Look, I had a really good time tonight and I think you're really pretty, but I'm married to Jenny Lewis.
Her:  You're married? So am I.
Me: No, that's confusing. He's dead.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Maybe its your canadian accent

Phoenix Dark

I don't get it. You spent much of the last two weeks basically saying "I have a date, not gonna try to make it work because it doesn't matter."
Citation needed.

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=34032.msg1678783#msg1678783
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=34032.msg1676537#msg1676537

That's just the impression I got.  :yeshrug

Have you considered group therapy for your social anxiety? I realize every case is different but I have a friend who has struggled with this, started therapy, and she has said that it helped put her on the right path.

Flannel Boy

• Icon

Citation needed.

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=34032.msg1678783#msg1678783
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=34032.msg1676537#msg1676537

That's just the impression I got.  :yeshrug
One of your citations is a citation of yourself claiming I didn't try.
The second is of me obviously exaggerating. I don't think honesty equates to not trying. Regardless, that comment was strictly regarding online chatting. For the most part, I've been letting them show an interest before I give a fuck. Thus, three of the four women asked me out and the one I did ask out contacted me first and was fishing for a date.

I tried on the fucking dates. The only thing I didn't try to do was to act confident--I was just trying to hide my insecurities and lack of confidence.

Have you considered group therapy for your social anxiety? I realize every case is different but I have a friend who has struggled with this, started therapy, and she has said that it helped put her on the right path.
Group therapy is horrible.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 03:14:04 AM by Flannel Boy »

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
There's a big difference between not giving a fuck and showing no interest guys.

You should friendzone the girl on dates not the other way around. Be funny witty etc but don't show romantic interest. This doesn't mean you're aloof or an asshole as some beta buddies might think. You're actually being very cool and nice, until the time is ripe and she is sliding of her chair.

Fifstar

Playing the best "not interested" card is probably your second best bet if you're not confident in social situations, at least it worked somewhat for me. Nothing beats getting drunk at decent parties though.
Gulp

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
This girl is fucking awesome, she's a BBW with a really cute face, long wavy brown hair, and glasses. She slept over, wants to see me again. Really great personality, also fun to talk to and spend time with - yeah this is pretty awesome :heartbeat
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 01:20:57 PM by tiesto »
^_^

Phoenix Dark

What do you mean by slept over?
:shaq

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
What do you mean by slept over?
:shaq

:teehee

Those Malek convos were amazing. More!

I think they were lines from Silver Linings.
^_^

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Another one of my dates from last week chimed in ten minutes ago.

"Nothing about you is bad, horrible or whatever."

The Game of Thrones episode was bad enough. Fuck this hetro Earth.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
The contrasts of online dating: I'm talking to a girl who wants to play scrabble on a first date while talking to another who doesn't know the meaning of the word "voyeur."

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
It's all about online dating without the actual online dating website.
AMC