Author Topic: Pallando will return in "Never Say Never Again"  (Read 1247315 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #5460 on: January 18, 2014, 03:25:30 PM »
PoF :holeup

I reactivated my OkStupid profile earlier this week. Talking to a couple of women on there but ehhhh. Most of the single women in this area are either single mothers or crazy hippie chicks... or BOTH. I don't mind dating women with kids but single parents don't have a lot of spare time to devote to relationships.

Getting back to Atlanta will be good for me this summer. I've browsed single women there a couple times and it's WAY better.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #5461 on: January 18, 2014, 03:41:32 PM »
Done with school in mid May, I'll be back in Atlanta by the first of June.
yar

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #5462 on: January 18, 2014, 04:22:42 PM »
fuck that garb. tinder is where it's at
dur

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #5463 on: January 18, 2014, 05:27:26 PM »
PoF :holeup

I reactivated my OkStupid profile earlier this week. Talking to a couple of women on there but ehhhh. Most of the single women in this area are either single mothers or crazy hippie chicks... or BOTH. I don't mind dating women with kids but single parents don't have a lot of spare time to devote to relationships.

Getting back to Atlanta will be good for me this summer. I've browsed single women there a couple times and it's WAY better.

Hippie chicks :drool
^_^

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5464 on: January 18, 2014, 05:31:14 PM »

Is that the shitty straight version of grindr that doesn't work?
yar

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #5465 on: January 18, 2014, 08:03:29 PM »
I think my parent's beagle and I shall have little photo shoot next weekend.  :hitler

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #5466 on: January 18, 2014, 08:04:45 PM »

Is that the shitty straight version of grindr that doesn't work?

well it's not a magic all you can sex app, but it works pretty well and ive met people threw it
dur

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #5467 on: January 18, 2014, 08:37:59 PM »
My PoF mailbox is full of comments from fat chicks
:beli

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5468 on: January 18, 2014, 11:58:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the secret to success with any of these sites/services is to just be attractive and not overweight.

WELP

:shaq2
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5469 on: January 20, 2014, 12:44:56 AM »
Careful tho, you send same/similar messages to shit tons of girls, some may be friends and compare shit. :hitler

I'm also going on a date with a woman I've been talking to in the next week sometime, and the last woman I've been dating is wanting to hang out again (of course, it always fucking works that way) we're going to see some concerts together in February.  I swear I made a joke post on FB about reactivating my OkStupid profile and then she starts texting about hanging out again.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 12:46:47 AM by Creepy Old Guy »
yar

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #5470 on: January 20, 2014, 01:30:29 AM »
Careful tho, you send same/similar messages to shit tons of girls, some may be friends and compare shit. :hitler

Yup, this is definitely the case... my g/f told me before she met me, her and her former roommate (who turned her onto the site) would frequently get canned messages from the same people.
^_^

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #5471 on: January 20, 2014, 03:53:01 AM »
Roxanne?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #5472 on: January 20, 2014, 04:44:29 AM »
She's named after a well known classic rock song that I know how to play. Could be an opportunity to score some points.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #5473 on: January 20, 2014, 09:10:03 AM »
Ask her out now so you don't run out of stuff to talk about on a first date using FB chat.

Edit: Which it looks like you've done.

I learned that the hard way doing OKCupid dating stuff. Too many messages up front always made the first date even harder, because in most cases there is a specific level of conversation that can happen during the first date.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 09:13:27 AM by MrAngryFace »
o_0

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5474 on: January 20, 2014, 10:28:24 AM »
Fat Bottomed Girls?
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5475 on: January 20, 2014, 10:30:07 AM »
Also, ugh. Yeah, there's definitely a "sweet spot" when you're chatting to someone on OkStupid where you need to ask them out, but don't do it in the first couple of messages, then you seem like a lunatic I think. Not exactly sure when the perfect time to do that is. This crap is a nightmare, hate dating.
yar

MrAngryFace

« Reply #5476 on: January 20, 2014, 11:07:29 AM »
I dunno- I think you can mitigate chances of perceived lunacy by meeting in a neutral location mid-afternoon on the weekend that you both arrive at separately- that gives them an easy (safe) out.

Like all things though- a crap-shoot.
o_0

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #5477 on: January 20, 2014, 03:13:21 PM »
3 to 4 messages... anything after that is waiting too long IMO. Some girls use OKC just for attention with no intention of meeting, too, so that's why I like to ask them out pretty quickly, instead of wasting any time.
^_^

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5478 on: January 20, 2014, 05:19:16 PM »
Yeah, I'm all over the place. I've asked girls out in my INITIAL MESSAGE but that's usually probably stupid, as it makes you seem crazy I guess? Then lately, due to just not having enough time and being overly cautious I guess, I waited until like 10th message or some shit to ask this most recent girl out, but she seems to like me so I dunno? She's also busy, we're supposed to be meeting up this coming Sunday for something though.
yar

MrAngryFace

« Reply #5479 on: January 20, 2014, 06:07:48 PM »
Well it sounds like it's working itself out. Lately I've been forcing myself to not over-think most of my dating stuff and its been working out pretty well. It's wayyy hard to not overthink it though.
o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #5480 on: January 21, 2014, 01:18:35 AM »
Or just ask her out- there's no actual rule or anything ;)
o_0

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #5481 on: January 22, 2014, 05:15:52 PM »
Good: Celebrating my two month anniversary (as a couple) with the Curvy Redhead tonight.
Bad: She might be moving to Ottawa.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 05:17:42 PM by Flannel Boy »

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5482 on: January 22, 2014, 05:20:43 PM »
Good: Celebrating my two month anniversary (as a couple) with the Curvy Redhead tonight.
Bad: She might be moving to Ottawa.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Sucks if she's moving tho :'(

MrAngryFace

« Reply #5483 on: January 22, 2014, 07:37:22 PM »
its not a doctors appointment, don't reschedule
o_0

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #5484 on: January 22, 2014, 08:40:21 PM »
Saw this on Wired while reading Chris Kohler's piece about Nintendo. Guy using data mining to improve his match % on OKC.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2014/01/how-to-hack-okcupid/
^_^

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #5485 on: January 22, 2014, 09:48:56 PM »
Saw this on Wired while reading Chris Kohler's piece about Nintendo. Guy using data mining to improve his match % on OKC.

So he ends up going on 88 dates off OKC and finds someone eventually. Other people do this by socializing and don't need to set up dozens of accounts to generate the batch of women they want.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5486 on: January 22, 2014, 10:18:08 PM »
:neogaf

spergs gonna special fellow, tho

:yeshrug
yar

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #5487 on: January 22, 2014, 10:43:46 PM »

So he ends up going on 88 dates off OKC and finds someone eventually. Other people do this by socializing and don't need to set up dozens of accounts to generate the batch of women they want.

Yup, I liked reading about this from the data mining/analysis angle, since I used to do some work in that field.
^_^

MrAngryFace

« Reply #5488 on: January 22, 2014, 10:45:06 PM »
My current OK Cupid match is like a thing now- hopefully I don't fuck it up somewhere down the road ha ha ha *nervous sweats*
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5489 on: January 22, 2014, 11:07:10 PM »
My message box tends to look like this

« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 01:04:22 AM by Phoenix Dark »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5490 on: January 22, 2014, 11:08:47 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:lol :lol :lol
[close]

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #5491 on: January 22, 2014, 11:11:20 PM »
My message box tends to look like this

(Image removed from quote.)

:dead  :dead 
 :dead   :neogaf :dead
:dead  :dead

how did you find the female special fellow in the crowd my dude?

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #5492 on: January 22, 2014, 11:11:53 PM »
well? which house?
SRY

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5493 on: January 22, 2014, 11:17:18 PM »
Y'all know this fool be in Hufflepuff, quit frontin

:jawalrus
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5494 on: January 23, 2014, 12:57:50 AM »

« Reply #5495 on: January 23, 2014, 01:22:18 AM »
like you're gonna turn down a "pawg"
😈

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #5496 on: January 23, 2014, 02:04:04 AM »
 :deadpos

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5497 on: January 23, 2014, 02:34:12 AM »
They're the only ones who outright say that in their profiles in my experience; well, except for a few white southern women who will also say they don't want to date black dudes. Seriously.

But, if you look at people's questions they've answered, there's a question under "dating" or maybe "ethics" along those lines- "would you prefer to date someone of your own ethnicity?" and I generally use that as a filter to weed out secret bigots. Wish hot black chicks liked fat goofy white dudes.  :-\
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5498 on: January 23, 2014, 02:39:06 AM »
To say nothing of dating a dude named "Arian" :smug
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5499 on: January 23, 2014, 02:50:41 AM »
I've seen white chicks specifically ask for responses from Asian guys but overall the only consistent race preference I've seen is Jewish women asking for Jewish guys. Not that I care :smug

All my highest matches are white or Asian, and usually 26-30yo. Pretty boring stuff. It's easier to meet people irl at least for me.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5500 on: January 23, 2014, 03:03:36 AM »
I have to agree with someone who mentioned this to me the other day- I'm kind of in the wrong part of the country for finding women that I like. Up here it's all fucking hippie chicks, and while I may have a lot in common with them, "I like to go hiking" is complete boner kill for me. Even women who I would otherwise probably be interested in seem super flaky and flighty up here around Asheville... I should probably just say fuck it and wait until I'm done with school and have moved to bother with it, but DADDY HAS NEEDS.
yar

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #5501 on: January 23, 2014, 03:26:06 AM »
wtf is wrong with hiking? perfect date activity.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5502 on: January 23, 2014, 10:59:38 AM »
Not in Georgia bro, unless you like humidity. And considering you eat chicken with a fork, maybe you do.

FatalT

« Reply #5503 on: January 23, 2014, 11:31:38 AM »
I can attest to what the Creepy Old Fart is saying. Everyone near where he lives is either a/an A) Redneck B) Hippie C) Redneck D) "Mountain person" E) Redneck F) Hippie so I'd listen to what he says.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5504 on: January 23, 2014, 01:06:08 PM »
I really like causal hiking, the kind where really you're just going for a long walk in the woods with a few drinks and a pipe in your coat pocket.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 01:08:56 PM by Spencer »

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #5505 on: January 23, 2014, 05:52:34 PM »
I like walking, hiking and don't do nearly enough of it.  :'(

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5506 on: January 23, 2014, 09:22:15 PM »
I actually like going for 30 minute to an hour long casual STROLLS through nature. Emphasis on casual and stroll. The hiking dig is because so many women in this area seem to fucking let that shit define them on dating sites. Fucking names like "naturlovr39" and shit, nothing but pictures of nasty white girls with dreads hiking with backpacks and shit. I get it, this area is really pretty, the mountains are gorgeous, let's go outside, blah blah blah. But it just seems that that's all they're fucking about.

I just need to move back to a more urban setting.
yar

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #5507 on: January 23, 2014, 09:37:03 PM »
I actually like going for 30 minute to an hour long casual STROLLS through nature. Emphasis on casual and stroll. The hiking dig is because so many women in this area seem to fucking let that shit define them on dating sites. Fucking names like "naturlovr39" and shit, nothing but pictures of nasty white girls with dreads hiking with backpacks and shit. I get it, this area is really pretty, the mountains are gorgeous, let's go outside, blah blah blah. But it just seems that that's all they're fucking about.

Are they those kinds of naturelovers that think funk is cool and not showering for several days is great.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5508 on: January 23, 2014, 09:53:01 PM »
He already mentioned hippies.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #5509 on: January 23, 2014, 10:24:13 PM »
I swear Jewish girls are the only ones who regularly put racial preferences right in their profiles.

"Strongly prefer that you be Jewish." You never see any other ethnicity do this often. Read the profile of a 95% match today. I was getting to half-mast and was just about to click the "Send Her a Message" button when I read that shit  :-\

Yeah, back when I was using the site my highest match (which was about 95%) was a Jewish girl who said she was only looking for Jewish men. Then again considering where I live, that describes most of my matches :P I remember going on a date with one girl, and we really hit it off... then at the end of it she says she is only looking for Jewish guys or a guy willing to convert. I'm like... "I don't even follow my own religion let alone someone else's, sorry..."

I did manage to meet and get into relationships with a few extremely secular Jewish chicks though... those types are out there, and there are plenty who like to have flings with goyims before settling down with a nice clean cut Jewish boy. I think if COG spent a few weeks up here and took the nickname "Ari" he'd get some nice Jewish gals... but then again that would mean he would have to put up with being on Long Island :P
^_^

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #5510 on: January 23, 2014, 10:27:38 PM »
I swear Jewish girls are the only ones who regularly put racial preferences right in their profiles.

"Strongly prefer that you be Jewish." You never see any other ethnicity do this often. Read the profile of a 95% match today. I was getting to half-mast and was just about to click the "Send Her a Message" button when I read that shit  :-\

Yeah, back when I was using the site my highest match (which was about 95%) was a Jewish girl who said she was only looking for Jewish men. Then again considering where I live, that describes most of my matches :P I remember going on a date with one girl, and we really hit it off... then at the end of it she says she is only looking for Jewish guys or a guy willing to convert. I'm like... "I don't even follow my own religion let alone someone else's, sorry..."

I did manage to meet and get into relationships with a few extremely secular Jewish chicks though... those types are out there, and there are plenty who like to have flings with goyims before settling down with a nice clean cut Jewish boy.

There was a smoking hot Mormon girl at my high school who wouldn't date anyone unless they were Mormon or were willing to convert.  There were a lot of dudes willing to convert.  One actually did and the both of them ran off to Utah after they graduated high school.

🍆🍆

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5511 on: January 23, 2014, 11:32:26 PM »

Are they those kinds of naturelovers that think funk is cool and not showering for several days is great.

YES. Not what I'm looking for.

I do have a boring, probably nothingburger of a coffee meet up with a really hot woman on Sunday though. She works out a bunch and her arms are really ripped, worried she'll rip my head off or something.
yar

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #5512 on: January 23, 2014, 11:47:39 PM »

YES. Not what I'm looking for.

I do have a boring, probably nothingburger of a coffee meet up with a really hot woman on Sunday though. She works out a bunch and her arms are really ripped, worried she'll rip my head off or something.

That's just to peg you better.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5513 on: January 24, 2014, 12:29:19 AM »
Triumph should just settle down with a pegger and call it a day. He's already an accountant, so the transition wouldn't be too difficult.

:pacspit

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5514 on: January 24, 2014, 01:16:46 PM »
At least you're going into it with a great attitude!

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #5515 on: January 25, 2014, 03:03:30 PM »
The Curvy Redhead is meeting the folks tonight. :suicide

(I've been requesting a suicide emoticon for eight years, damn it!)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5516 on: January 25, 2014, 03:51:36 PM »

There you go.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #5517 on: January 25, 2014, 05:57:25 PM »
Moving to LA for anything

:heh

I'm serious too, if there is a place where tons of fake people go to congregate it's there. Everyone I know who lives there or has lived there, some kind of drama, even from the ones that don't have drama ever.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #5518 on: January 25, 2014, 06:20:42 PM »
I make sure to always check where a city ranks on the national drama index before I move there.

The kinds of people you have to interact with daily will have an impact. A good job offer is a good job offer and all but people will wear you thin.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5519 on: January 25, 2014, 09:51:00 PM »
Ipso facto, drama town :P