Author Topic: Giant Bombcast  (Read 139124 times)

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
Re: Giant Bombcast
« Reply #240 on: December 29, 2012, 06:21:24 PM »
yeah that's a pretty good one too- telling off Borderlands 2 haterz
o_0

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #241 on: December 29, 2012, 06:27:42 PM »
5. FAR CRY 3
I FUCKED UP A SHARK

:lol
sup

treythemovie

« Reply #242 on: December 30, 2012, 03:03:35 AM »
yeah, that's why I was surprised.  I skimmed through the individual ones and FTL and Forza got a few mentions.  I think Syndicate is only on Jeff's.  Must've lobbied for it on the podcast.
Having finished listening to the final podcast (...finally):

-Jeff basically argued and tricked everyone into accepting Syndicate in the top 10
-Alex sucks at arguing and FTL payed the price for it
-Jeff sacrificed Forza to save Syndicate

MrAngryFace

« Reply #243 on: December 30, 2012, 10:04:52 AM »
Alex is also on the phone- which makes it hard to argue points. As a scarred veteran of many a phone meeting- there is NO substitute for face to face.

Also, I think Jeff's defense of Syndicate is similar to Vinny/Brads defense of ME3- based partly on the feeling that the game didn't get a fair shake considering what it offered. That's cool though cause that shows they still have a passion for the hobby.
o_0

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #244 on: December 30, 2012, 12:28:57 PM »
Syndicate is a better game than Mass Effect 3.
nat

MrAngryFace

« Reply #245 on: December 30, 2012, 01:52:24 PM »
k
o_0

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #246 on: December 30, 2012, 02:34:26 PM »
Syndicate is a better game than Mass Effect 3.

Agreed
fat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #247 on: January 01, 2013, 06:00:26 PM »
http://www.giantbomb.com/chat/

LIVE GIANT BOMBCAST WITH JEFF/RYAN AT JEFF'S HOUSE AND VINNY AT HIS HOUSE WITH NO BEARD.
nat

MrAngryFace

« Reply #248 on: January 01, 2013, 06:39:05 PM »
Thanks for the heads up!
o_0

cool breeze

« Reply #249 on: January 01, 2013, 10:04:10 PM »
I listened to parts of the day 4 podcast today (doing this out of order) and the emotional investment in these unimportant choices is why these goty podcasts are strangely great; specifically Jeff versus Brad on Mass Effect 3.  Like, there was already tension in the multiplayer segment (Brad calling Jeff petty for dismissing ME3 multiplayer), so Brad was ready to defend ME3 in most disappointing.  When everyone started calling ass creed 3 the most disappointing, Brad was darn ecstatic about it.  I stopped there but Jeff sounded like he was about to push for ME3 as most disappointing.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #250 on: January 01, 2013, 10:10:28 PM »
Yeah the GOTY podcasts are great.  Makes me want to pick up a lot of the games they're talking about (like Mark of the Ninja).
🍆🍆

treythemovie

« Reply #251 on: January 01, 2013, 10:15:25 PM »
Jeff, but especially Brad, understand the meta-game that goes into these GOTY deliberations. Its less about stating your opinion, and more about effectively taking down the competition, even if you don't personally feel that way 100%. Just compare the 2010 GOTY deliberations with Mass Effect 2 to this year's about 3. They're using the exact same arguments, only Brad and Jeff have switched places. It gets to a point where in 2010, Brad completely predicts how Mass Effect 3 turned out in his attempt to take down 2.

Its what makes the deliberations so entertaining to listen to, as otherwise you'd just have a straight up-and-down vote with no fanfare.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #252 on: January 04, 2013, 11:11:37 PM »

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #253 on: January 05, 2013, 09:40:39 AM »
god watching try to download mods for it was amazing
nat

MrAngryFace

« Reply #254 on: January 05, 2013, 09:52:25 AM »
yup. amazing stuff
o_0

MrAngryFace

o_0

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #256 on: January 09, 2013, 11:40:49 AM »

This shit looks hot. Like Diablo in space with some interesting diplomacy stuff going on.
zzzzz

hampster

« Reply #257 on: January 09, 2013, 12:02:22 PM »
The Euro Truck Simulator 2 quicklook was amazing. I'm not a fan of long quicklooks usually. Often they have two or three funny moments spread out over an hour but Euro Truck was 2 hours of pure enjoyment.

I doubt another QL this year comes close
Zzz

MrAngryFace

« Reply #258 on: January 26, 2013, 11:51:32 AM »
Unprofessional Fridays - great premium content
o_0

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #259 on: January 26, 2013, 01:05:22 PM »
Unprofessional Fridays - great premium content

last nights stream was one of the best pieces of content in a long time.
nat

MrAngryFace

« Reply #260 on: January 26, 2013, 01:22:17 PM »
I like how they didn't seem concerned with the time, they were just hangin round playin shit
o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #261 on: January 30, 2013, 10:45:24 AM »
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-kingdom-rush/17-6994/

I loved the way this QL started and ended- also Vinny mocking brad for his Neogaf app lol
o_0

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #262 on: January 31, 2013, 08:48:41 PM »
CATCH ME ON THE CHIVALRY TNT ARCHIVE LATER TONIGHT!
nat

hampster

« Reply #263 on: February 01, 2013, 09:05:12 AM »

I loved the way this QL started and ended- also Vinny mocking brad for his Neogaf app lol

Great quicklook. The iOS capturing solution they are using works much better than I thought it would. I hope they do a lot more
Zzz

MrAngryFace

« Reply #264 on: February 01, 2013, 08:35:49 PM »
Oh god, the surgeon simulator on unprofessional Fridays- I lost it
o_0

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #265 on: February 02, 2013, 01:27:10 PM »

Brad goes on NeoGAF?  LOL, I knew there was a reason I didn't like him.
🍆🍆

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #266 on: February 02, 2013, 02:27:39 PM »

Begrudgingly. He doesn't post there often.

Brad is actually my favorite bomber because I tend to agree with his opinion more than the others (he likes Other M :bow2) but I don't think there's anyone on the GiantBomb crew I dislike. Ryan gets annoying sometimes.
SRY

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #267 on: February 02, 2013, 02:48:10 PM »

to be fair its not consistent thing plus he will usually reply to silence some of the distinguished mentally-challenged things posters will come up with about him/crew/GB (jeff will do this as well but at a way lesser degree than brad)

MrAngryFace

« Reply #268 on: February 23, 2013, 11:22:07 AM »
Patrick rules. We used to run a lot of Gaming Age (content-wise) together way way back when.
o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #269 on: February 23, 2013, 11:45:23 AM »
Theres always some group of people with a hate on for Patrick and its mostly because they imagine negative qualities based off of what few interactions they have with him- which are usually with a confident and very focused (on what interests him and what he values in games) personality. I think the video Q&A he did while laid up was a good thing, doing more of those may help some of the haters realize that he's not at all a bad dude.

GB community in general has been kinda poo poo about opinions held by specific members of the staff. Everyone likes Vinny, but that's because Vinny doesn't put A LOT of very specific opinions out there aside from 'give all games a chance'. Plus Patrick is new and NEW BLOOD GRR THINKS HE KNOWS EVERYTHING - well yeah, Patrick has been in the game press in some form since he was what, 13? He knows a lot. He'll also be wrong some of the time and while there isn't an opportunity for him to admit that hes wrong in the flow of a audio or video event- I know him as a person willing to admit when he's wrong on something factual.

#endofrantbetterdirectedatlamegbcommunitymembers
o_0

Stoney Mason

« Reply #270 on: February 23, 2013, 12:52:06 PM »
Patrick is probably a nice dude in real life but he wears his games as art badge on his sleeve a little too much. And he can sometimes dominate the conversation with his opinion instead of just letting his opinion be one among many. It also doesn't help that he isn't really funny enough to cover these flaws. Jeff has some flaws too but he's funny enough and self loathing enough that you just let it go. Patrick doesn't have that luxury.

Alex Navarro has the same issue to an even larger degree. He doesn't come off very well in the podcasts.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #271 on: February 23, 2013, 02:19:43 PM »
As the junior I am PRETTY SURE if the others had a problem with how often he drives the conversation they could do something about it.
o_0

Stoney Mason

« Reply #272 on: February 23, 2013, 02:34:37 PM »
As the junior I am PRETTY SURE if the others had a problem with how often he drives the conversation they could do something about it.

Its not that they have a problem with it. It's that I have a problem with it because its annoying. Not that my opinion should dictate what they do. It's not that big a problem or I wouldn't listen. But it does annoy me a bit. When Alex is on I absolutely skip the podcast. Patrick isn't that bad by comparison but occasionally he grates.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #273 on: February 23, 2013, 07:03:37 PM »
Stoney nailed it. I also hate his QLs where he spends 10 minutes explaining what the game is while staring at the title screen or first area.

hampster

« Reply #274 on: February 25, 2013, 09:50:02 AM »
I don't have any strong opinions on Patrick either way but I bet a lot of the hate he gets stems from five people on a podcast simply being too many. 3-4 is the sweet spot in my opinion

GB should really limit themselves to four people and swap people in and out each week. Get more Dave in Drew in there too
Zzz

Stoney Mason

« Reply #275 on: May 07, 2013, 03:20:38 PM »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #276 on: June 28, 2013, 07:37:38 PM »
Jeff and Vinny

:bow2

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #277 on: June 28, 2013, 07:41:12 PM »
Kinda glad Patrick is gone, I skipped most of his Quick Looks.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #278 on: June 28, 2013, 07:41:28 PM »
I watched 50 minutes of that Ride to Hell game and was thoroughly entertained. action, drama, romance... it had it all.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #279 on: June 28, 2013, 07:47:58 PM »
That sex-scene was amazing. Bioware has nothing on this.

Also quality: #t=4316s
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 08:01:36 PM by Rufus »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #280 on: June 29, 2013, 01:05:43 AM »
Kinda glad Patrick is gone, I skipped most of his Quick Looks.

Did he leave the site or something? I haven't really been following the bombcasts or the news that much recently.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #281 on: June 29, 2013, 01:07:46 AM »
He's still with the site, but he's moving back to Chicago to be closer to his family.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #282 on: June 29, 2013, 01:10:24 AM »
Ah well that's probably for the best especially after his father passing. And its kind of the best of both worlds. He can still do the news stuff which I think he is fine with but not the bombcasts or quicklooks which I felt weren't his strengths.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #283 on: June 29, 2013, 07:45:18 AM »
Exactly. Ad he can do his own video content.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #284 on: June 29, 2013, 10:10:07 AM »
Ah well that's probably for the best especially after his father passing. And its kind of the best of both worlds. He can still do the news stuff which I think he is fine with but not the bombcasts or quicklooks which I felt weren't his strengths.

I disagree since he started to bring his own thing to the bombcasts and his quick looks started to become entertaining (especially the team up he started to forge with Vinny) so its sad that progress will be lost now.

Hopefully he has some good content to fill that gap.

Stoney Mason

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 04:32:58 PM by Stoney Mason »

MrAngryFace

« Reply #286 on: July 29, 2014, 01:36:45 PM »
Man, that community dust up when they brought on the new guys was kind of NeoGAF worthy.
o_0

Stoney Mason

« Reply #287 on: September 04, 2014, 11:41:24 AM »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #288 on: July 10, 2015, 07:43:27 PM »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #289 on: July 10, 2015, 08:17:52 PM »
I kept thinking Jason was saying those cringey lines, even when I knew it was the game.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #290 on: July 10, 2015, 10:05:17 PM »
Special F**k You to Jeremy Smith.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #291 on: July 10, 2015, 11:29:09 PM »
GOAT soundtrack

Stoney Mason

« Reply #292 on: July 16, 2015, 02:03:29 PM »

"These guys are going to have an acting off!"

:lawd
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 02:10:59 PM by Stoney Mason »

studyguy

« Reply #293 on: July 16, 2015, 02:25:52 PM »
Giant Bomb diehard stans are on par with the worst KH/FF stans.
Discuss.
pause

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #294 on: July 17, 2015, 06:11:36 AM »
I like some of their personalities since I remember them from their Gamespot days. I don't agree with them at times and they all have diff taste than me about entertainment in general. But Gerstsmann is like this dude I grew up listening to since middle school and I think he's a cool dude. I don't fuck with sports radio but I imagine it's like that, everyone has their go to guy to listen to on a subject. Doesn't mean you agree with what he says but you want to hear his rant for entertainment, and it once again comes down to personality.

I don't mind new crew members getting hired and Dan is a good addition. I don't get people bitching so much over him or the newer guy, but I don't pay for premium content on the site and never have.

:yeshrug

Stoney Mason

« Reply #295 on: July 17, 2015, 12:45:25 PM »
I think they've gotten better in recent times. When Ryan died, it felt like they lost their way for a long stretch and honestly I stopped really following or going to the site. I picked it up again around E3 and I think they've rediscovered a balance in what they are doing.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #296 on: July 17, 2015, 01:58:57 PM »
Austin's fine in any situation where he's not in the same room as Jeff. When he is he comes off like he's trying as hard as he possibly can to be as funny as he can, but he's not a very funny dude to begin with.
zzzzz

Stoney Mason

« Reply #297 on: July 17, 2015, 02:08:12 PM »
Austin's fine in any situation where he's not in the same room as Jeff. When he is he comes off like he's trying as hard as he possibly can to be as funny as he can, but he's not a very funny dude to begin with.

He works well with Vinny imo. Their sense of humour plays off each other. I think that's the key to good pairings. Like Vinny and Alex don't really work well together. Alex is too prickly to have a fun time with Vinny.

Dan can also be very annoying if he is left to his own but with somebody who is willing to smack him down occasionally or moderate him, he is more tolerable.

The chemistry was way off for a lot of stuff after Ryan died.

studyguy

« Reply #298 on: July 17, 2015, 02:24:17 PM »
Austin's dope.
Not everyone has to inject humor into every fucking facet of the discussion 100% of the time. The small bits he throws in here with Vinny do it for me.
Alex Navarro has always been like the most boring dude of the entire crew for me without someone there to play off of him, not him on to others.
pause

cool breeze

« Reply #299 on: July 17, 2015, 03:35:29 PM »
Dan can also be very annoying if he is left to his own but with somebody who is willing to smack him down occasionally or moderate him, he is more tolerable.

by now it's everyone except brad.