Author Topic: Giant Bombcast  (Read 139197 times)

Klelk

Re: Giant Bombcast
« Reply #420 on: December 30, 2017, 05:24:55 AM »
With outright falsehoods like "you're forced to look up 2bs skirt"

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #421 on: December 30, 2017, 11:06:32 AM »
Nier is still high on the list so it didn't do much if anything tbh

Brad was more of the killer and he liked the game but as usual if hes pushing something else (Zelda this year) whatever game will get torn down to achieve it.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #422 on: December 30, 2017, 11:28:38 AM »
Kept it from being 2nd and possibly winning. BOTW rightfully took it's place.
___

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #423 on: December 30, 2017, 11:50:13 AM »

That's mostly Brad and his stubbornness though since Zelda is his number 1 game and most of them fucking love PUBG so that wasn't gonna move (Jeff didn't care about Zelda).

Hell he did his ultimatum bit again of being there all night if Nier is placed at Number 1 so

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #424 on: December 30, 2017, 12:48:50 PM »
This years stuff kinda sucked. Too many people who didn't really seem interested in deliberation. I'm not even singling out anyone, because they all were pretty bad this year.

Waypoint's stuff seem more interesting.
nat

Purple Filth

« Reply #425 on: December 30, 2017, 01:12:30 PM »
This years stuff kinda sucked. Too many people who didn't really seem interested in deliberation. I'm not even singling out anyone, because they all were pretty bad this year.

Waypoint's stuff seem more interesting.

I think Alex was the best one at actually deliberating but he doesn't go far enough when he should tbh plus that Best World Category (which was apparently a category he created) was fucking terrible  :lol

« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 01:37:26 PM by Purple Filth »

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #426 on: December 30, 2017, 01:13:05 PM »

That's mostly Brad and his stubbornness though since Zelda is his number 1 game and most of them fucking love PUBG so that wasn't gonna move (Jeff didn't care about Zelda).

Hell he did his ultimatum bit again of being there all night if Nier is placed at Number 1 so

Besides Vinny, Brad was probably the least stubborn and most apathetic of the whole crew.
___

Purple Filth

« Reply #427 on: December 30, 2017, 01:21:35 PM »

Besides Vinny, Brad was probably the least stubborn and most apathetic of the whole crew.

I disagree hell if that was the case Mass Effect wouldn't get worse game or having Destiny 2 as a runner up for Best Graphics. He might not have gone full blown "filibuster" but he would plant himself if necessary.

Also he was able to get almost all of his games on the different categories so *shrug*

« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 01:29:36 PM by Purple Filth »

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #428 on: December 30, 2017, 01:51:10 PM »
It all just felt like too many cooks and nobody had anything substantive to say.
nat

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #429 on: December 30, 2017, 01:56:15 PM »
They shoulda just fucked.
©@©™

Purple Filth

« Reply #430 on: December 30, 2017, 02:57:37 PM »
It all just felt like too many cooks and nobody had anything substantive to say.

Should be interesting to see if this continues once Jan gets in the mix, but it might be a case of this type of deliberation being better with less people.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #431 on: December 30, 2017, 03:02:48 PM »
I think so. I was really looking forward to Abby and Ben getting a younger perspective but honestly the stuff they brought to the table was so shallow. I'm not saying they're always had deep conversations about stuff, but I feel like they at least went a bit deeper about the games themselves beyond "I like this" or "This is so good!"

I just miss Austin, so now I listen to Waypoint... but they don't do traditional GOTY because he's gotta be all subversive or some shit.
nat

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #432 on: December 30, 2017, 03:08:47 PM »
I'm gonna blame Abby's and Ben's ineptitude on this being their first time (and perhaps their age).

Also, Worst Game turning into Most Disappointing was weird.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #433 on: December 30, 2017, 03:31:45 PM »
In this year's case both worst (that they played) and most disappointing were def one in the same. Andromeda was a special kind of bad.

In Abby's case it definitely felt like "this thing has some objectionable things in it therefore it's all trash" kinda stuff a lot of younger people gravitate toward.
nat

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #434 on: December 30, 2017, 04:01:34 PM »
Yeah, the ::) cheesecake didn't damn it for the others so it couldn't have been that bad. I found the constant repetition worse.

Helped me shave a bunch of time off this monstrosity though. :doge
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 04:31:38 PM by Rufus »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #435 on: January 02, 2018, 12:26:36 PM »
Other than Best World and the end parts of GOTY where Abby just said "I wish Cuphead was higher" like 500x the pods were all pretty good and I understand their choices for the most part. The Best World thing would be easily avoided by just writing out a paragraph or something to describe each category before they hit record. And fistful is right, Mass Effect is both most disappointing and worst game. It's a mess and I'm very sad because of it.

I have this week off so I'm watching their video stuff while catching up on games and other forms of sloth and Brad playing Hitman is still excellent. :lol

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #436 on: January 04, 2018, 08:00:45 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #437 on: January 11, 2018, 10:23:19 PM »

:dead :dead :dead :dead

DON'T CALL NORM

edit: whew that lemonade stand match was oddly intense

and i kinda wanna dig it up just to try the whole 1 glass for $20 or whatever thing and see what it does since brad failed to do it
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 02:20:29 AM by benjipwns »

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #438 on: January 12, 2018, 09:42:11 AM »
Best Music Category!

Play track one - let's listen to it!

One second of music.

Oh man this is so good, remember this wow, and here comes the drop it's so good!

(drop has already passed)

Wow yeah that song is great!
rub

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #439 on: January 12, 2018, 10:16:43 AM »
2nd most skippable category right there.

Purple Filth

« Reply #440 on: January 12, 2018, 04:12:09 PM »

:dead :dead :dead :dead

DON'T CALL NORM

edit: whew that lemonade stand match was oddly intense

and i kinda wanna dig it up just to try the whole 1 glass for $20 or whatever thing and see what it does since brad failed to do it

That Norm thing was fucking hilarious  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #441 on: April 18, 2018, 12:45:47 AM »
holy shit i was going to send them this Power Rangers game FOR THE SCIENCE but i couldn't find the cart after like a half hour of looking for it in my parents basement and forgot about it :lawd

benjipwns

« Reply #442 on: April 18, 2018, 12:59:15 AM »
had missed this best of

3:00-5:17 :dead

spoiler (click to show/hide)
SAVED THE STATE SOME MONEY ON THAT ONE
spoiler (click to show/hide)
WINNERS DON'T DO DRUGS :gun
[close]
[close]

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #443 on: May 03, 2018, 10:50:42 AM »
I love Jeff.  :heart

©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #444 on: May 15, 2018, 05:07:09 AM »

Klelk

« Reply #445 on: May 27, 2018, 06:33:10 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/giantbomb/comments/8m0kes/comment/dzkk70a

Abby does a big long rant on a guy who said his taste in games was different to hers

:no1curr

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #446 on: May 27, 2018, 06:46:17 AM »
She explains herself well for once.

Freyj

« Reply #447 on: May 27, 2018, 10:16:29 AM »
Jeff’s recent scooter rant was the best of its kind in a while. I would pay for premium if there was a Jeff bitches about real life things premium podcast / video series.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #448 on: May 27, 2018, 03:31:58 PM »
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #449 on: June 06, 2018, 10:07:27 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #450 on: June 21, 2018, 07:38:13 PM »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #451 on: June 21, 2018, 08:52:08 PM »
Meanwhile, Geoff's still playing Garfield Saves Arlene while Ben reads erotic fanfiction about Garfield and Kate Middleton, and not even saying one word about Trump's dismissal of our European allies.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 10:04:10 AM by Joe Molotov »
©@©™

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #452 on: June 22, 2018, 09:46:04 AM »
What the fuck so they aren't gonna play Metal Wolf Chaos because of Trump? Yeah, that is stupid as hell.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #453 on: June 22, 2018, 04:03:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/ybbaaabby/status/1009864343226404864

I guess I don't follow the site super closely. What was this feature and when was it announced?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #454 on: June 22, 2018, 04:12:23 PM »
Was announced just before E3. The feature was just them dressed up like Uncle Sam/Statue of Liberty and playing vaguely American-themed games. The only episode I saw was Oregon Trail but I guess they also did LA Noire. They did say they planned to do a full playthrough of Metal Wolf Chaos, which I guess they still can do at some point.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #455 on: June 22, 2018, 04:18:30 PM »
Thanks for the response. Not really sure how the series is linked to the current political climate.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #456 on: June 22, 2018, 04:23:17 PM »
Beyond the very surface level, I don't really get it either. But I guess there was a bunch of internet outrage. The Oregon Trail episode is still up (I think) and is pretty entertaining so its worth a watch.

benjipwns

« Reply #457 on: June 22, 2018, 05:17:47 PM »
it's hard to even call it a series, this was the only pre-E3 episode

and the second one they put up along with the cancellation of the series statement yesterday :lol

then closed the comments on both videos

Ep2, L.A. Noire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDqk54Rk_Kw
this one's even more just like a quick look of the recent re-release than any kind of kitschy Americana celebration

the series needed VinnyDad anyway so :trumps

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #458 on: June 22, 2018, 05:30:25 PM »
Metal Wolf Chaos strikes me as a perfect game for Dan.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #459 on: June 22, 2018, 05:43:45 PM »
Cancelling a series for this? Ok then...touchy feely
What

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #460 on: June 22, 2018, 07:58:40 PM »
Can't play Oregon Trail cause durmfp. :trumps
Hi

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #461 on: June 22, 2018, 11:42:44 PM »
sometimes i forget that the audience for the 99% white male gaming website is 99% white males

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #462 on: June 23, 2018, 08:47:31 AM »
The comment section on the LA Noire video is something else...

Abby and Dan are great and this feeling isn't a reflection on them, but I'm super not in a place to revel in American iconography (ironically or not) considering our government is actively carrying out an agenda of ethnic cleansing. Gonna sit this series out.

That's a bit of a stretch.

Nationalism still isn't funny, "ironic" or otherwise, and this series is still a terrible idea especially in the here and now. Might as well call this series White Privilege.

I can't roll my eyes far enough back into my head to accurately display my disdain for this post. The entire site might as well be called White Privilege.

When are you going to get to a game where you genocide an entire country of indigenous peoples so you can steal their land, import millions of slaves, and then help overthrow governments it doesn't like and arms the ones it does like so they can do their own oppression and genocide of peoples.

Oh wait, we live in that reality. This is disgusting content regardless of humor or intent.

What country hasn't committed atrocities in their history?

Did somehow I take a wrong turn into a Resetera thread? Christ you people need to get a grip.

Lol

Purple Filth

« Reply #463 on: June 23, 2018, 01:46:41 PM »
Cancelling a series for this? Ok then...touchy feely

People have consistently shown that they are fucking idiots with this entire thing so might as well not be associated with that shit by nipping it at the bud  :yeshrug

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #464 on: June 23, 2018, 09:42:00 PM »
Pretty much 99% of the games announced at E3 took place in the US. Including games that usually don't (from Ubisoft).

The internet is going to be insufferable during the holiday season.
🤴

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #465 on: June 29, 2018, 06:56:14 AM »
https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/1012589866692087808

Some day we will be able to wear American flag apparel without fear of people being bummed out. (Don't read the replies)

benjipwns

« Reply #466 on: June 29, 2018, 07:57:32 AM »
:american :american :american Dan :american :american :american

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #467 on: June 29, 2018, 11:57:40 AM »
Dan. Have you learned nothing from Abby?

Feels a little tone-deaf and on the nose after the recent cancellation of Star Spangled Beasters

Dan, this is not very supportive of your co-worker and friend who offered a public apology over a similar gesture.

Read the freaking room dude

Dan, this is really not a great look right now. Didn't you just cancel a series because it's patriotic theme looked like support for a fascist regime?

The only good thing about it is it’s a day off

Cool. Never been more proud of being American than right now!

That was sarcasm by the way. This country is a laughing stock.

I'm not one to use the term "snowflakes" to describe people but in this case...  :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #468 on: June 29, 2018, 01:08:56 PM »
Read the freaking room dude
Dan, this is really not a great look right now
Feels a little tone-deaf
Of course it is, it's fucking Dan! That's part of why he's so incredible as a human being!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #469 on: June 29, 2018, 01:35:14 PM »
You mean to tell me this dude

isn't a dude with a nuanced and carefully considered view of american politics? i'm simply shocked!

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #470 on: June 29, 2018, 01:39:47 PM »
I hope Taco Bell annuls his marriage.
©@©™

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #471 on: June 29, 2018, 01:44:24 PM »
I said don't read the replies.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #472 on: June 29, 2018, 01:51:35 PM »
and miss out on quality content such as

You know we're the bad guys, right? The America you embrace and love so much doesn't exist, and really never has.

I THINK NOT

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #473 on: July 02, 2018, 03:17:58 PM »
Man fuck all that, sure it's a weird and shitty time right now, but home is home, man. :usacry :american :trumps
Hi

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #474 on: July 15, 2018, 11:36:41 AM »

Purple Filth

« Reply #475 on: July 15, 2018, 11:56:46 AM »

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #476 on: July 16, 2018, 07:21:20 AM »
88, huh?

benjipwns

« Reply #477 on: July 31, 2018, 06:03:20 AM »

some quality clips

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #478 on: August 01, 2018, 04:00:26 AM »
What

benjipwns

« Reply #479 on: September 08, 2018, 03:39:47 AM »

regarding King of Fighters '94

Ben: "This was the first Smash, if you think about it. You know, bringing together all these..."
Jeff: "Well, this is a fighting game."

:punch ICEBURN :punch