Re: GTA 5
« Reply #301 on: August 27, 2012, 04:26:46 AM »
jajajaja
IYKYK

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #302 on: August 27, 2012, 05:24:41 AM »
Nah,that is just Rockstar PR having fun as usual.

As for Sleeping Dogs...played the demo,total meh imo, clunky as hell

I just invested 100+ hours into Batman AC though...
cat

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #303 on: August 27, 2012, 07:56:02 AM »
except sleeping dogs is actually fun as hell
pcp

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #304 on: August 27, 2012, 08:51:59 AM »
p. sure they released some GTA infos during the release of Saints Row 2 as well.

Or was it three?
itm

Himu

« Reply #305 on: August 27, 2012, 11:09:14 AM »
It was three. It wasn't during the release, it was during the middle of its hype run. They're like GTAV IS ANNOUNCED. TRAILER DATE IS HERE.

Then when the trailer launches, Volition fires back with this fucking kick ass trailer.

:rock

Also, you're thinking of this. When GTAIV came out, and everyone starting getting bored out of their minds with the game, Volition came out with the SR2 activities trailer.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 11:14:36 AM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #306 on: August 27, 2012, 11:40:34 AM »
In fairness to Rockstar, they did go ahead and put BASE Jumping and underground fight clubs in, when they got around to their second issuance of paid DLC... ( :teehee )

Himu

« Reply #307 on: August 27, 2012, 11:51:08 AM »
hahahahaah
IYKYK

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #308 on: October 11, 2012, 03:04:42 PM »
HNNG

FUCKING FINALLY:usacry :hump :hump :hump :hump :hump :hump :usacry
:bow :tauntaun :bow2
:supergay :interracial :supergay
SRY

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #309 on: October 11, 2012, 03:11:03 PM »
Feels like it's been forever since a GTA game was released. Eight years already since San Andreas? Time does fly.
dog

Himu

« Reply #310 on: October 11, 2012, 03:26:50 PM »
Finally.
IYKYK

Tucah

« Reply #311 on: October 11, 2012, 03:45:23 PM »
:hyper

December cover means we should see info about it in, what, early November or so?

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #312 on: October 11, 2012, 03:56:42 PM »
Yeah, the mag should be out early November for digital subscribers and later in the month for physical subs.
SRY

Himu

« Reply #313 on: October 11, 2012, 06:13:20 PM »
I knew the GTAV reveal would be either November or December issue, but I was hoping on November.
IYKYK

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #314 on: October 11, 2012, 08:10:58 PM »
Feels like it's been forever since a GTA game was released. Eight years already since San Andreas? Time does fly.

Himu

« Reply #315 on: October 11, 2012, 08:29:08 PM »
:lol
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #316 on: October 11, 2012, 10:00:30 PM »
:teehee
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #317 on: May 30, 2016, 03:29:23 AM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #318 on: May 30, 2016, 03:37:52 AM »
The answer is actually to continue mining the batshit insane vibe they had in GTA3 and Chinatown Wars; it's a feeling which works for the game. The answer isn't to try and be more consistent in the seriousness, it's to embrace the madness.

But we already have other games that have done the madness better. Plus, I like variety. Being serious isn't the problem; it's being serious in a world that isn't serious - hence the disconnect.

But yes, Chinatown Wars :bow

Question: how come GTA is so chock full of doing missions for other people and not doing missions for yourself? You know how in Vice City where Tommy decides to go and demand protection money by busting all the shop windows in the mall? No one told him to do that. He just goes and does it. I wish GTA would have a central cast of characters who decide crap like that, instead of going random assholes you haven't known for five minutes who ask you to whack someone. Seems another torch Saints Row took from GTA; characters who do stuff on their own terms.

Wwwwwwise fwom yo' gwave!

Re-reading this, yeah, you're right. All of this bullshit for various bosses is another thing Saints continues to do right. The Boss (FEEL BOSS, $5) basically asserts himself and his will at every turn. Tommy does it in GTA Vice City, and Vic Vance in Vice City Stories even manages to run his own empire of drugs, prostitution, and was it.. counterfeiting? Building, changing, and defending that empire was a heap of fun in VCS.

It is funny how much better Saints manages to be a perfect power-fantasy game, while GTA still has the character acting at the whim of several people who exert control over him.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #319 on: May 31, 2016, 06:52:17 PM »
Everyone that plays GTA and not SR is wrong. :pimp
Hi

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #320 on: May 31, 2016, 07:09:07 PM »
That's something that Saints Row does better than just about any other open-world game. You get a ton of customization options for the MC, but the MC is still as much a character in the game as all the NPCs [instead of just being a silent avatar in a lot of open-world games with that level of customization].
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #321 on: December 13, 2016, 08:42:04 PM »
http://www.rockstargames.com/videos/video/11648

New mode in GTA Online. Features the "ramp car" from Fast and the Furious in the trailer. Possibly for purchase. Also has the pickup with a machine gun mounted in its bed.

Yes, I still play it occasionally, but not enough to afford these crazy vehicles.

Himu

« Reply #322 on: December 13, 2016, 10:44:40 PM »
Still haven't played gat goes to hell or beaten sr4. :yeshrug I can understand why people like sr4 but it feels like a massive shark jump moment to me as someone playing the series since 1. I should beat it and get gat goes to hell as a goodbye because I don't think we're getting saints ever again.

Would kill for sr2 re-release with open platform multi
IYKYK

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #323 on: December 14, 2016, 12:54:40 AM »
Still haven't played gat goes to hell or beaten sr4. :yeshrug I can understand why people like sr4 but it feels like a massive shark jump moment to me as someone playing the series since 1. I should beat it and get gat goes to hell as a goodbye because I don't think we're getting saints ever again.

Would kill for sr2 re-release with open platform multi

I finished SR IV completely-complete, so I'm also trying to savor Gat Out of Hell slowly, because I recognize that Volition is moving away from that, even if the Saints and Ultor are present in their new class-based shooter.

Part of me is thinking about firing up SR II if there are TrueAchievements sessions for boosting. It would be fun to do that, and also the Red Faction multi destruction. I guess Volition is still paying for the server and matchmaking stuff even on their old games, because the Achievements haven't been marked unattainable.

Anyway, back OT: I have NO IDEA how much stuff has been added to GTA Online. It's crazy. I was in for the first year, and came back for Heists but have not caught up on a bunch of the other content. Motorcycle Gangs have their own hideouts and Jobs in Free Roam, not instanced, so trying to get anything done means griefers run wild on you. There are other property owner jobs that I don't know about at all. So much content, all of it offered without additional charge. It's pretty staggering.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #324 on: February 27, 2017, 07:34:10 PM »
https://i.imgur.com/0Mgfsrx.mp4

:lol

My group is still playing this. The TRON bike mode is pretty good. I was less thrilled with Cunning Stunts mode; arcade racing is plenty fun, but GTA is not quite tuned for it.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #325 on: March 05, 2017, 10:04:47 PM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #326 on: May 29, 2017, 08:58:50 PM »
I finished Watchdogs 2, and am not ready to start a new game as I'm still wrapping a project at work. I went back to Los Santos on PS4 and have been playing the single player.

Last night, I was just driving around town, and saw a new trigger event that I'd never seen before: The Lost were in a ritzy neighborhood, and were in the process of stuffing a kidnap victim into the back of their van. I gave chase, rescued the victim, and then drove them home. So amazing to be finding new content after I've played this for so many hours.

Anyone else ever get this "Strangers" encounter? How did it go for you?

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #327 on: May 29, 2017, 09:05:37 PM »
cant say i remember seeing the lost outside of the story missions. still the best death of a player character ever, solely bc of the troll level
pcp

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #328 on: May 29, 2017, 09:54:22 PM »
cant say i remember seeing the lost outside of the story missions. still the best death of a player character ever, solely bc of the troll level

Yeah, that was pretty epic. Rockstar: Hey, did you dudes enjoy this badass? Guess what?

WASTED

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #329 on: May 30, 2017, 07:51:51 PM »
http://downandout.in-los-santos.com/

An in-game photo series documenting the homelessness and poverty situation in Los Santos.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #330 on: June 29, 2017, 07:51:37 PM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #331 on: December 12, 2017, 06:42:45 PM »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12/12/the-doomsday-heist-feels-like-gta-onlines-campaign-mode

:hyper

I am happy to see the absurdity levels of the story and action returning to GTA III-era madness. Next thing you know, they'll have Donald Trump Jr. Love back in the game, eating the dead flesh of his enemies in front of a Sarah Huckabee Sanders analog telling us that it's not happening.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #332 on: December 14, 2017, 08:13:45 PM »
Jetpack too. I'm surprised they're supporting this so heavily still. Gonna have to find another drop lobby again soon, this update hit me for like 50 mil lol

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #333 on: December 14, 2017, 11:31:19 PM »
Jetpack too. I'm surprised they're supporting this so heavily still. Gonna have to find another drop lobby again soon, this update hit me for like 50 mil lol
Yeah, they're still making a mad amount of money from in-game GTA$ Shark Card purchases.

People who just live in GTA Online can buy the new lair stuff out of their character's savings, but even moderate players purchase some GTA$ so they can access the new content as-needed. A friend of mine bought for the CEO mode, and again for the new Doomsday Heist lair. Even then, the new flying Delorean vehicle is GTA$3,000,000 or something. The Buzzard Attack Chopper was GTA$750,000 or so when I bought mine.

Crazy.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #334 on: November 22, 2018, 11:41:29 PM »
There's a bonus of GTA$750K for signing in, and +$100K for each day this week… or something. If any of you guys are still playing it.

There are also two Challenges which unlock weapons in RDR2 if you're interested in those. Both are pretty easy.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #335 on: November 23, 2018, 06:24:49 AM »
There's a bonus of GTA$750K for signing in, and +$100K for each day this week… or something. If any of you guys are still playing it.

There are also two Challenges which unlock weapons in RDR2 if you're interested in those. Both are pretty easy.

thx sr
What

Himu

« Reply #336 on: November 23, 2018, 06:52:48 AM »
I was thinking the other week how this political time NEEDS A NEW GTA and that we don’t have one because we live in an era where R* games need 300 million dollars to make a game now and they take five years to make.

What I’m telling you is that this the longest this gta fan has gone without a new gta ever and we aren’t getting one till 2021-22 at best.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 07:05:56 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #337 on: November 23, 2018, 10:10:11 PM »
GTA Online is making them a bunch of money. They're adding Online content that's about as involved as the story missions from singleplayer, with cutscenes and additional gameplay methods.

Let me be clear, I'd love a new GTA and a new map, and all that… but GTA isn't being retired until this quirky online money printer stops working for them. You know they're working on the next one already, but you'll never catch a leak of it from anyone who still wants to work in the industry after they're inevitably caught.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #338 on: March 10, 2020, 01:25:35 AM »
Went back to GTA Online and have really enjoyed some of the updated content.

I was already using VIP office which allows a warehouse purchase and a couple other Job types. Also had the hangar for import/export business, though in SOLO play it's sometimes a 20 minute Job to get a single $10K crate, and another 20 minutes for the Job to sell it. If I play with friends, the number of crates gathered scales with the Crew size. Unfortunately, it's difficult to time playing with USA friends.

With the $2M gift and a discount, I bought a Clubhouse for a Motorcycle Club, which opens up a number of illicit business properties. They require supplies, which produce goods over time, which can be sold. Supply runs can take about 10 minutes, or I can just purchase them in $15K blocks. Some of the missions are fun -- most of them, actually. A couple are just a drag though, and there's a LOT of freaking travel over the Vinewood Hills to get out to my cheap, crappy location near trailer-park-land. But it's been fun, and in a sense it feels like a return to form of GTA III-era mission types.

Lastly, I bought a Nightclub which has its own warehouse for storing goods. It also has a tie-in to any other businesses I run, though I haven't figured out how it actually allows me to sell things from my other businesses. It seems like I make much better profits when I sell from my business directly.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #339 on: March 10, 2020, 01:38:29 AM »
^^^
Now, with all of that in mind, and knowing how much insane money R* has made from GTA Online, I am surprised that the online content is this much fun, AND AT THE SAME TIME, the best way to have fun in GTA is to avoid other players at all times. Griefers are rampant. 
The actual monetary/RP reward for messing with other players' business efforts are trivial. I have had a Job to sell 10 crates go up in smoke when some assclown on his flying motorcycle Oppressor decides to blow my stuff up. He's rewarded $2000 and I'm out $100,000. The truth is, if a game has a multiplayer mode, and the biggest topic online is how to avoid engaging other players in it, that's a problem. 

Himu

« Reply #340 on: March 10, 2020, 01:58:32 AM »
I was constantly chased/killed and called a nigg.er when I played gta online.
IYKYK

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #341 on: March 10, 2020, 05:13:02 AM »
That's just as horrible as it is unsurprising.

Weird thing is, NO-ONE is using lobby-chat at this point. A year or two ago, all kinds of chatty people were in there, but now it's mostly solo people, and anyone in a Crew is using Party Voicechat. 

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #342 on: March 10, 2020, 07:36:00 AM »

I've never heard anyone talk in GTA Online. That must be a console thing.

Text based chat is in the PC version, but I never see anyone using it.

Also I always try to end up in an empty server, or just force it. That way I can do missions at my own leisure, with no other people trying to fuck around.

GTA V Online is pretty cool, too bad anything to do with missions sucks (loading etc)

I do like the " Steal cars and put them in your garage, pimp them, then sell for 100k " a lot of fun. Especially if you have a flying Delorean where you can just kill everyone with ease from the sky haha
What

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #343 on: March 10, 2020, 08:40:33 AM »
Also I always try to end up in an empty server, or just force it. That way I can do missions at my own leisure, with no other people trying to fuck around.

Yeah, there's not a good way to force a solo server on console. Some of the basic VIP/non-warehouse content is available on Personal Server, but whenever I find myself alone on a Public Server, it's time to SELL ALL PRODUCT IMMEDIATELY!

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #344 on: March 10, 2020, 09:05:09 AM »

Not surprising.  That's why I only play with IRL friends or solo sessions.  If I go into a public server, the chat gets put on mute.  I don't need to have 12 year old screaming crap at me.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #345 on: March 10, 2020, 09:29:21 AM »

Yeah, there's not a good way to force a solo server on console. Some of the basic VIP/non-warehouse content is available on Personal Server, but whenever I find myself alone on a Public Server, it's time to SELL ALL PRODUCT IMMEDIATELY!

Its weird I dont know what really forces it but mostly if I just afk a bunch or go alt tab then when I come back I just see a list of

Player X left the session

popping up haha
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #346 on: March 12, 2020, 03:02:28 PM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #347 on: March 24, 2020, 06:44:42 AM »
I've been running MC Business Jobs - buying or stealing supplies, which are converted over time into goods, which require separate Jobs to Sell them. If there are a large amount of goods, the Sell Job can involve multiple vehicles, which is a big liability on its own, let alone when trying to solo. 

So the other day, I was right at the edge of amount when it would sometimes say "might require multiple vehicles" but still usually spawns one. And I was in a mostly calm server with no-one causing problem, so I decided to risk it. 

Of course, it spawned two boats. And, of course, while I'm delivering the first 5 items, the server populated with dickwolves. 

As I finish the first boat's final checkpoint, some clown in a jet starts repeatedly blowing me up. Nothing I can do about it. I can't switch servers without abandoning the mission. I can't take him back to the boat or he'll blow it up. I dodge between buildings so his missiles can't hit me and eventually he gets frustrated and leaves. 

When I get back to the boat, a 2nd dickwolf has driven it onto the shoal so it is out of the water. He's also hiding in a way to mask their radar pip, but I notice it. I shoot the shit out of him, and while he's respawning I jump into a parked pickup, then ram the boat back in the water and take off. I make it through 3 of 5 remaining units before Dickwolf 1 returns in his Oppressor MKII and destroys my boat and last two shipments. 

I send the guy a "DIAF" message and jump to a different server. He follows me and blows me up there. I leave again, he follows me there, but this time I'm just waiting in my MC clubhouse, looking up how to avoid this guy. I realize he's using PSN to join the Public Sessions, so I block him and go to another server. 

I love this game, but I think it's bullshit that there's no way to retaliate against griefers who are literally playing just to ruin other people's experience. It's also antithetical to "online play" that the best experience is only when entirely avoiding everyone else on the server.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #348 on: March 24, 2020, 07:22:13 AM »
It's part of why I never really stuck through the early days of the game. That seemed like what everyone was interested in, griefing each other.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #349 on: March 24, 2020, 07:31:57 AM »
Same, i was kind of excited by the idea of GTA Online back in the day, but the first day i couldn't do 3 steps without people just running you over randomly, so it immediately sunk in what it was going to be, and never touched it again.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #350 on: March 24, 2020, 08:53:39 AM »
I learned early on to only play in private/crew/solo servers, but in general, that's how I approach any online game.

Playing with randos has pretty much sucked since the PS3/360 gen.

My biggest disappointment is that there's no integration between online and single player.  You should be able to use your character as one of your team mates during the big heist single player missions and then use the money to buy stuff for them back in online.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #351 on: March 24, 2020, 10:20:17 PM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #352 on: March 31, 2020, 12:04:29 AM »
I learned early on to only play in private/crew/solo servers, but in general, that's how I approach any online game.

Playing with randos has pretty much sucked since the PS3/360 gen.

My biggest disappointment is that there's no integration between online and single player.  You should be able to use your character as one of your team mates during the big heist single player missions and then use the money to buy stuff for them back in online.

My first thought is "that's ridiculous, and it would be incredibly difficult" -- immediately followed by, "that would be insanely cool, and it could probably be handled through..."

Having a mute protagonist as one of the multiple character lines would be SO COOL. BRING BACK CLAUDE SPEED!

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #353 on: August 18, 2020, 07:13:44 PM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #354 on: October 07, 2020, 02:13:56 AM »
I mentioned in a different thread that I had been bummed about the glitched achievement/trophy for “all’s fare in love and war.“ I cleared that, which then left me open to getting all the PS4 trophies, after I had already unlocked all achievements for it on 360.

It’s been strange to realize just how much more full and alive the world is in singleplayer, having played so much of the multiplayer for the last couple years. I’m intimately familiar with the entire map, but seeing new things happen, watching how many pedestrians are on the streets, and how many cars, “random“ incidents, and just the robustness of the world is pleasing and surprising. The framerate is better when I’m playing solo versus online. And I don’t even have to get into how wonderful it is to never have to deal with Griefers or random amateur rappers abusing the voice chat.

With the goal of achieving a platinum trophy, I began going through all of the unique jumps. It’s interesting that other collectible items, such as letter scraps, UFO parts, etc. are marked on the social club map once they’ve been located, but the knife flights, under the bridge flights, and unique jumps are not.

Guess where I had trouble next?

Knife Flights, I think if they had counted them from some of the online missions that require flying a stunt planes are downtown, I might have already unlocked most of them. Doing them in single player, they counted off one by one, and then I couldn’t find the last one. I viewed YouTube‘s on each location to make sure I had approached them from the correct angle, and then at the correct height/elevation/ altitude for each of them. I found one that didn’t look familiar, and Tried unlocking it several times. I died repeatedly. One problem with the bridges and my flight is it doesn’t tell you the count, unlike unique jumps. It doesn’t say “complete“ so there’s no way to tell if the attempt was unsuccessful, or if it has already been unlocked. This is a serious design flaw. In the end, I decided to go through all of them again in succession, and it turned out to be a completely simple one I’d missed. No idea how.

As I went through the unique jumps, many of which I had found and completed previously, I got to 48 of 50 complete, with 2 known jumps to go. I was very happy, right until I went over jump 49, and my count didn’t increase. At some point I had biffed a jump and not noticed it. I went to the lighthouse to complete that last jump, and must’ve tried it 20 times. I looked at guides on how to do it, didn’t realize half of them are wrong. Finally got the jump, and went in search for the missed jump.

It would be a lie to say it was tedious and not fun. It was suspenseful each time, trying to remember the conditions for where the landing would be, but at least this time I was never searching for the approach. Unfortunately I had to doublecheck over half of them before I found the one I had missed. It was down near the docks, near Bugstar’s heist van.  I would have sworn in a court of law that I had completed it, but as I went through each one again, it was the last one, and unlocked the trophy.

Now I’m doing the bridges, and again there is no feedback for a previously completed fly–unders. Wish me luck.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #355 on: October 07, 2020, 10:36:20 PM »
Finished Under the Bridge without much trouble. This time it didn't give me any guff. The last bridge was one I didn't know about, and was pretty sure I'd never flown under. That was fun, not having to revisit half the bridges. There are some insanely low ones near the port, that I have no idea when I'd cleared them, but they were already done.

Moving on to UFO Parts, which actually shows on the map. Barring glitches, I will have this covered.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #356 on: October 10, 2020, 08:19:50 PM »
Finished all 50 spaceship parts. I’d forgotten about that unique car reward.

Doing Gold Medals on 70 missions now. The load times on these are horrible. 2-3 minutes each time.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #357 on: October 11, 2020, 08:15:30 AM »
i could do collectathons, but those gold medal trophies will make sure i never ever get a platinum. doing a handful of gold missions would be one thing, but you basically have to replay the entire game repeatedly to get 70. hell, in gay tony i think you do have to do every single mission. the repeated chatter alone would drive me insane. good luck man.
pcp

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #358 on: October 11, 2020, 08:16:43 PM »
i could do collectathons, but those gold medal trophies will make sure i never ever get a platinum. doing a handful of gold missions would be one thing, but you basically have to replay the entire game repeatedly to get 70. hell, in gay tony i think you do have to do every single mission. the repeated chatter alone would drive me insane. good luck man.

Yeah, it’s a little rough because I also just played the game from the beginning for my taxicab trophy that I mentioned, so that first 2 to 3 hours of the game I had just done. It’s 70 gold medals across missions and strangers and freaks, which means across something like 110 or 120 missions. Some of them are quite short.

You are correct about The Ballad of Gay Tony. I recall almost making it, excepting one dockside mission, and the last one in the club. Actually, I think I got a gold on the club, but just couldn’t fight IV’s controls for that dockside mission. I had the same problem with Batman: Arkham city, I couldn’t get the last gold on the subway challenge. These things drive me crazy.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #359 on: October 12, 2020, 05:04:29 AM »
Are you actually having fun doing this? It sounds miserable.