Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1285745 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|
« Reply #10860 on: September 16, 2022, 05:30:56 PM »

Would not have thought they'd animate this.  It's very different than the other cookie-cutter isekai stuff.  He's just a handyman who does handyman stuff and is actually useful.  No dumb drama.
:heh
ど助平

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #10861 on: September 19, 2022, 05:38:50 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10862 on: September 21, 2022, 09:46:15 AM »
Falcom and Tatsunoko Production have released the first trailer for The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel – Northern War, the upcoming anime set in the world of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel.

Lavi is a girl born and raised in North Ambria State, the poorest region in the northwestern part of Zemuria.

To protect her hometown, and to prove she is different from her grandfather Vlad—who was once hailed as a hero, but betrayed North Ambria—she volunteers to serve in the renowned Northern Jaegers, the largest jaeger corps in the continent.

Devoted to her duties to the point that she repeatedly breaches discipline, Lavi is grouped into a platoon with Marty, Iseria, and Talion and ordered to undertake a reckless undercover mission into the Erebonian Empire.
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #10863 on: September 21, 2022, 02:43:15 PM »
The Cyberpunk anime is absolutely worth a watch. Also shines a spotlight on how good the music in the game actually was. Don't read the comments on the music vids if you hate spoilers.

Most likely the only anime this year that'll end up being better than this is Mob Psycho 100 III.

Beezy

« Reply #10864 on: September 21, 2022, 03:49:05 PM »
 :doge

Are you forgetting Ranking of Kings? Golden Kamuy s4? Chainsaw Man?

I agree that Edgerunners is great. I've been recommending it to whoever I can. But a lot of good anime came out or will be coming out soon this year.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #10865 on: September 21, 2022, 04:34:04 PM »
Are you forgetting Spy x Family? Kaguya-sama s3? I thought Komi Can't Communicate was cute as well.

I never said the other anime released this year was bad. Just that this was easily the best to me so far. And I hope people aren't sleeping on it cause of the tainted brand.

Beezy

« Reply #10866 on: September 21, 2022, 05:19:11 PM »
I think the gore and bits of nudity will attract people who aren't usually into anime.

Tasty

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #10868 on: September 21, 2022, 11:01:55 PM »
How did you like Monster tasty? Was it everything I promised

Tasty

« Reply #10869 on: September 21, 2022, 11:04:46 PM »
Oh shit, I never watched ep2 of that.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #10870 on: September 21, 2022, 11:43:35 PM »
Yeah I was like 99% sure

:fbm

Tasty

« Reply #10871 on: September 21, 2022, 11:48:45 PM »
It's back on the top of my to-watch list! :)

But I have less time than ever these days. :(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10872 on: September 30, 2022, 07:53:16 AM »
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10873 on: September 30, 2022, 01:31:53 PM »
OH MAH GAH!!!
©@©™

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #10874 on: October 01, 2022, 03:48:51 PM »

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Popteamepic 2nd season OP  :lol
[close]

Beezy

« Reply #10875 on: October 03, 2022, 01:06:00 AM »
The Witch from Mercury looks all around great and has some nice mech designs so far. It feels good to have a weekly Gundam show again.

Polident Hive

« Reply #10876 on: October 05, 2022, 05:57:40 AM »

This helped me realize I’ve a fair amount of nostalgia for Naruto. And marks my waning interest to outright dismissal. Everything is the last two minutes is ??? to me.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10877 on: October 10, 2022, 12:54:39 PM »
Witch is lame so far. It looks and sounds fantastic. But anime highschool nonsense sucks and is not what I want from Gundam. If it wasn’t Gundam I’d drop it.

Bebpo

« Reply #10878 on: October 10, 2022, 01:07:56 PM »
Witch is lame so far. It looks and sounds fantastic. But anime highschool nonsense sucks and is not what I want from Gundam. If it wasn’t Gundam I’d drop it.

I've heard it described as a reimaging of Utena w/mecha.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10879 on: October 10, 2022, 05:06:51 PM »
I think calling it a reminaging is just lacking imagination. The first episode had a lot of plot point similarities to the first episode of Utena. That's it.

But either way, the whole highschool duel with high school kids using intense military weapons is incredibly dumb and stupid.

Bebpo

« Reply #10880 on: October 10, 2022, 07:14:34 PM »
Yeah, I'll watch it later on since like you say, it's Gundam. But not convinced it's worth signing up for Crunchyroll monthly sub just to watch it right now. Doesn't sound great.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #10881 on: October 12, 2022, 12:11:12 PM »

This is selling me on this show.

« Reply #10882 on: October 12, 2022, 05:29:18 PM »

I've heard it described as a reimaging of Utena w/mecha.

It's gundam with an Utena coat of paint on it, 100%, but it's Gundam first, Utena second. 

I've watched all 3 eps so far and counterpoint to Rahx's take, I like it a lot.  The setting for the school is that it's a rich kid's school for spoiled corporate children, and a the head of a megaconglomerate runs it as a weird mechanism to determine his daughter's would-be suitor, the bride, if you will.  A minor spoiler that sold me during ep 1, was when one of the fathers of the dueling children has to
call off an assassination on the Bride's father because his kiddo lost a duel, and his power play only works if he's the current champ.
[close]

The mechanics of the duels and whatnot might be subject to change, as they seem to be at the whim of a calculating "what I say goes" type, who's willing to change the rules if he sees fit.  All 3 eps have been very different so far (prologue included).

Beezy

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10884 on: October 15, 2022, 09:09:40 AM »
I’m sorry your counter point makes the show sound even stuipider.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #10885 on: October 18, 2022, 10:31:52 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10886 on: October 19, 2022, 09:27:01 AM »

Thought this was going to have a late 70s/early 80s setting, but Ataru is using a smart phone.  Guess they're just going to retell the same stories from before and add in some modern touches here and there?
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #10887 on: October 27, 2022, 09:25:40 PM »

This brought back all the memories noooo

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #10889 on: December 11, 2022, 12:01:01 PM »

I fucking love the German and Dutch opening to Sailor Moon. Having it be a happy hardcore song is an amazing choice. The Dutch one is sung by the voice actress for Bunny (Usagi) Tsukino.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10890 on: December 11, 2022, 12:45:21 PM »
Watched The Wind Rises yesterday. It was beautifully animated but the story would've worked better as a live action movie I think.
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #10891 on: December 11, 2022, 01:04:12 PM »

I fucking love the German and Dutch opening to Sailor Moon. Having it be a happy hardcore song is an amazing choice. The Dutch one is sung by the voice actress for Bunny (Usagi) Tsukino.

Other countries doing weirdo techno songs for anime OPs is amazing. Italian YGO is a fucking thumper.

« Reply #10892 on: December 11, 2022, 06:12:22 PM »
I’m sorry your counter point makes the show sound even stuipider.

Can't winnem all

:skinner

I've been keeping up with it and I'm consistently entertained week to week.  Today's was pretty good.  Lot's of things probably about to pop off in the show soon.

Tasty

« Reply #10893 on: December 12, 2022, 06:59:55 PM »
The Complicated Man Who Made 'Rudolph'

But there’s a unique fact about Rudolph, tied to its creation. The kind of fact that’s famous enough to inspire did-you-know articles every December — but obscure enough that those articles surprise a large audience each time. The fact is: Rudolph was outsourced to Japan. Its concept, songs, voices and storyboard came from America and Canada. The animation and puppets were done in Tokyo.

Back then, outsourced animation was booming for the first time. Rocky and Bullwinkle had been animated in Mexico a few years before. Tom and Jerry got shipped off to Czechoslovakia in the early ‘60s. The outsource artists on these productions were a diverse, unexpected bunch, who had their own views about the situation.

Yet maybe none were so unexpected, or so fierce in their views, as Tadahito Mochinaga — the leader of Rudolph’s animation team in Japan. At the time, he was a member of the Japanese Communist Party. His ties to Maoist China were close, and his opinion of America’s influence was low.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10894 on: December 18, 2022, 09:03:27 AM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10895 on: December 27, 2022, 06:08:13 PM »
Watched Dragonball Super: Super Hero or whatever it's called over the weekend.  It was all right.  Props to them for once again focusing on characters other than Goku and Vegeta like some of the older DBZ movies did.  The shift to 3D was great and it still retained that Toriyama style very well.  They spent entirely too much time in the beginning introducing the bad guys (Red Ribbon, back again) and setting up the plot.  Like way, way too much time. 

But then it shifted to Piccolo and was mostly focused on him.  Cool seeing him finally get a new (visible) transformation and Gohan too, but apparently this may not be canon which kinda sucks if true.  Pretty much everyone pops up in this film and they still manage to cram in Goku and Vegeta (training fight on Beerus' planet) with Broly there for pretty much no reason whatsoever.
ど助平

Beezy

« Reply #10897 on: January 08, 2023, 12:42:10 PM »
Suletta Mercury just became my favorite Gundam protagonist. :o :lol :o

For those who don't plan on watching this show or don't mind being spoiled:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 12:47:43 PM by Beezy »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10898 on: January 08, 2023, 01:45:09 PM »
Did it ever get good?

She already has the 2nd Gundam? Ariel hardly did anything?

Beezy

« Reply #10899 on: January 08, 2023, 09:12:52 PM »
I mean, I always thought it was good. I don't know how much longer the school life stuff can last after this season finale though. If I remember correctly, that's mainly what you complained about.

She still has Aerial. It got some upgrades I guess while being repaired.

Bebpo

« Reply #10900 on: January 10, 2023, 02:51:43 AM »
Started watching TV anime again for the first time in like 15 years.

Trails of - The Northern War ep1 - Nothing happens, so it feels like the games. Wasn't particularly bad and I definitely expected it to be bad (there is a Trails in the Sky anime OAV. It is not good). Will keep watching.

Trigun Stampede Ep1 - Man, I forgot how one of the things Guilty Gear is inspired by is Trigun, so now as CG anime Trigun sure looks a hell of a lot like Guilty Gear Strive. Which is cool, I like how Strive looks. Pretty nice looking ep, seems like a re-imagining of the manga. No idea if it'll be any good, but seems to have a nice budget. Will keep watching.

Nier Automata Ep1 - Weirdly enough this anime is like a 1:1 recreation of the beginning of the game. To the point where it's like why am I watching this? It's just like watching someone play the game. I wish they had at least done Replicant instead of Automata since the cast is so much better than boring emotionless dolls, but Automata's the popular one, so eh. Will at least watch through the Circus stage. Glad the anime is using the game soundtrack.

Gundam Witch From Mercury Ep1 - Was enjoyable. I liked it more than ep0 which I didn't like to much. The school thing is kinda yawn, but the mecha action animation at the end of the ep with the duel was pretty badass. Ariel is pretty crazy if the main gundam has fucking fin funnels from the start.

Beezy

« Reply #10901 on: January 10, 2023, 03:56:59 AM »
Gundam Witch From Mercury Ep1 - Was enjoyable. I liked it more than ep0 which I didn't like to much. The school thing is kinda yawn, but the mecha action animation at the end of the ep with the duel was pretty badass. Ariel is pretty crazy if the main gundam has fucking fin funnels from the start.
Did you already watch the prologue episode? You should if you haven't.

You should also check out some recent ones from the fall season like Blue Lock and Chainsaw Man.

Bebpo

« Reply #10902 on: January 10, 2023, 02:14:27 PM »
Did you already watch the prologue episode? You should if you haven't.

Yeah, I saw that when it came out. Crunchyroll calls it ep0. I thought it was ok. Wasn't bad, but didn't think it was great. I thought ep1 of the actual show was way better.

You should also check out some recent ones from the fall season like Blue Lock and Chainsaw Man.

I've heard Chainsaw Man is really good. Will look up Blue Lock. Never heard of it.

Polident Hive

« Reply #10903 on: January 10, 2023, 10:59:49 PM »
Bleach Thousand War is actually pretty good.

To set it up, Bleach’s anime fizzled out in its day. Loads of filler. Animation like dragging clip art across the screen. The final arc of the manga wasn’t adapted. It wasn’t great either. Same pattern and motions of every previous arc. Wow you’re telling me there’s another secret organization and Ichigo has another super hidden talent? Shaking things up.

That last arc is what this new series is adapting. It’s got some production quality behind it. Stylish and well animated fights. The story is what it is but it’s been cleaned up. Mostly what helps for me is the nostalgia after being away from it for a decade.

Similarly I saw they’re doing a new Kenshin anime, presumably animating the last arc that only got an abridged adaptation in one of the movies. Controversy with the creator didn’t slow them down.

Think I’ve forgotten, gotten, or stopped caring about these other white whale adaptations. Really it’s down to a good Berserk series (outside of golden age).

Tasty

« Reply #10904 on: January 10, 2023, 11:51:10 PM »
Still hoping in 10-15 years' time we'll have a completed Hunter x Hunter and an announcement for a Madhouse continuation. That's really my personal white whale.

Beezy

« Reply #10905 on: January 11, 2023, 12:03:25 AM »
Speaking of Berserk, the Golden Age remake is good based on the first 3 episodes that I've seen so far. It's mostly 2D and then some 3D for seemingly for the large scale battles. Nothing like that shitty full 3D Berserk anime that's out there.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10906 on: January 11, 2023, 12:43:38 PM »
Does the tv show version add anything? I thought the 1st movie was petty bad.

Anyway, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills in regards to Witch and just general anime community discourse. I hate Witch From Mercury. It's been one of the most  idiotic shows I've watched, but people tell me I'm stupid and there's this grand plot and things boiling in the background. I'm done with FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood which is often considered one is the best anime ever and wow could I not disagree more. I've never considered myself a contriaian, but recently is just seems my taste and opinions are so out of line with most that I'm just confused.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 03:09:00 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Bebpo

« Reply #10907 on: January 11, 2023, 02:29:44 PM »
Well, I'll let you know if I join the hater crowd for Witch. Watched ep2 last night and was still fine.

What other Gundam shows do you dislike? Because I pretty lenient on most Gundam stuff and enjoy it. About the only thing I didn't like was Gundam AGE because it was boring and I didn't like the first Hathaway movie much outside the great animation. Even G Reconguista was a lot of fun and Gundam NT wasn't that bad.

Oh and that one that was 3 minute episodes was so terrible (Twilight Axis I think?), but that's mostly because 3 min eps was fucking stupid and even the combined 24min episode version doesn't work.

I still haven't watched Thunderbolt S2, The Origin (read the manga though) and I've only seen parts of V though I know the whole story.

Beezy

« Reply #10908 on: January 11, 2023, 05:25:15 PM »
Does the tv show version add anything? I thought the 1st movie was petty bad.

I can't say, I didn't know there were movies. I've only seen the OG Berserk anime from the 90s.

Polident Hive

« Reply #10909 on: January 11, 2023, 06:02:15 PM »
Heard those movies were good and, talking ten years ago, an example of cgi anime done well. These days it doesn’t have the stigma it once had. A Berserk continuation with the production values of Dorohedoro would be swell.

Himu

« Reply #10910 on: January 15, 2023, 05:48:57 AM »
Started reading Demon Slayer. Pretty dope.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #10911 on: January 15, 2023, 05:51:35 AM »
I haven't seen a Gundam in like ten years.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #10912 on: January 17, 2023, 01:05:40 AM »
Finished G Witch.

That was a...surprisingly good show? Maybe I just had low expectations because of the school setting and duels potentially making it low stakes but I don't think there was a bad ep. They had good stakes on every fight, the characters were good and the story stuff was solid. The finale was pretty good too.

Also I wasn't big on Aerial's design initially, but it grew on me and ep12 Aerial looks great. Maybe not big on the thruster design, can't tell yet.

The only complaint I have this whole season is the badguy Gundams are ugly and boring. They look straight out of those 3 annoying badguys from SEED or DESTINY can't remember which mixed with some Wing like the gattling gun that Heavyarms has.

I was somewhat disappointed in ep12's finale since

They didn't kill them off so we have to have another whole season of these annoying kids and their ugly gundams.

Also made the very short Aerial fight kinda feel half-assed. Would've been better if it was a longer fight and killed at least one of the ugly gundams.

The post-credit smackdown kinda made up for a bit although the whole OH NO MORIENE IS NOW GOING TO BE SCARED OF SULETTA! thing going into S2 is kind of lame.
[close]

Hopefully the show is a full 4 seasons for near full 50ep length Gundam. Definitely has potential.

Oh and I need to rewatch ep0 but spoilers

So the little red head girl in ep0 isn't Suletta, right? Because that was 21 years ago and Suletta is like 16 so she wouldn't have even been born. Since the tarot reading girl dropped a hint that Aerial has a sister and baby girl was in the Elan fight when they went all Newtype, I'm assuming that the little girl became the ghost in the machine and a few years later her mom had Sulleta so Sulleta is piloting a gundam with the ghost of her older sister in it.

And since her mom has the Char mask, she's obviously gonna be the main bad at some point.
[close]
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 02:10:03 AM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #10913 on: January 17, 2023, 01:35:51 AM »
Ok, rewatched the prologue. That makes a lot more sense now after finishing the first season.

Bebpo

« Reply #10914 on: January 22, 2023, 12:38:31 AM »
Trigun Stampede 2/3 - Great animation but I don't like how it's directed. Feels slow and low energy and found these eps pretty boring in execution.

Trails of Northern War 2/3 - This show has noooo budget and lots of still frame bad art, but somehow it's capturing the feel of a Trails game? I think people that at least played through Cold Steel 3 would enjoy this.

Polident Hive

« Reply #10915 on: January 22, 2023, 01:37:44 AM »
They made a new Junji Ito anime… same shit as the last one from four years ago. Cheap animation, bad CGI, badly paced. It’s a Netflix series now, too.

:notlikethis

Tasty

« Reply #10916 on: January 22, 2023, 02:13:00 AM »
Meanwhile, Adult Swim taking their sweet-ass time:

Himu

« Reply #10917 on: January 22, 2023, 04:38:38 AM »
I thought the Junji Ito Netflix series WAS the Adult Swim series. I didn't realize they were making multiple series.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #10918 on: January 22, 2023, 10:25:40 AM »
I'm watching Yu Yu Hakusho which I haven't seen since high school. HxH manga after this is done.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 11:41:45 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #10919 on: January 22, 2023, 12:24:21 PM »
Trigun Episode 3 went hard. I didn't really care too much about it before but now I'm interested

Meanwhile, Adult Swim taking their sweet-ass time:

Somehow no one can adapt Ito but the Uzumaki teaser is so pitch perfect that I really have high hopes for it