Author Topic: ***FAILURE**** MAF's Holiday Ass Crud Challenge *potential spoilers I guess*  (Read 3093 times)

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
Blame the first Ass Crud- horrible game. Made me feel bad about gaming. I lose

Impossible

Seems so.

God damnit Ubisoft. I'll still probably play brotherhood n revelations- sonofabitch
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 11:57:39 AM by MrAngryFace »
o_0

Re: MAF's Holiday Ass Crud Challenge
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 09:59:09 PM »
y u no buy gundam extreme vs
野球

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 10:05:27 PM »
Imma try to play AssBro at some point by the end of the year, and then maybe I'll squeeze in AssRev if it has a Steam sale.
©@©™

MrAngryFace

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 10:07:44 PM »
Playing them on pc so I can make screenshots and prove this ass cruds fo realz
o_0

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 10:15:05 PM »
First game is padded to all hell. So much pointless horseriding and backtracking. I really liked 2, haven't played the others.
itm

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 11:03:39 PM »
first game is very different from the others. 2 is essentially made useless by brotherhood, unless you really care about the story*. Haven't played revelations but going by what people are saying it's more of the same you got in brotherhood but in a new city.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Is such a thing even possible?
[close]

MrAngryFace

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 11:20:14 PM »
I've played through the first two before. Going for the finish, not completion of side tasks
o_0

Bebpo

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 11:20:32 PM »
2 has better cities, an actual story, better story missions, etc...

Brotherhood is a little expansion pack and that's all.  AC2 is the real game.  Haven't played Rev yet but expect it to be like AssBro was.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 11:46:57 PM »
Impossible

Bebpo

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 01:07:38 AM »
btw MAF, hope you enjoy it.  I think this is pretty much the best game series this gen, even though a lot of the time I'm bored, annoyed, lol-ing while playing them.  But just being able to explore these historical locations district by district and learn about the famous buildings and their history and people as well; it's basically a history show videogame with a 50 million dollar budget.  Which is the coolest thing ever.  The gameplay is so-so, but the exploration is A++++++  I don't mind the yearly incarnations if it means every year there's a new area of the world I get to explore and learn about.  Just wish the expansions at least had a few cities like the mainline games.

Bebpo

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 01:07:49 AM »
double post

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 01:17:04 AM »
when are they gonna do a modern day assassins creed

or whatever year the desmond stuff is
萌え~

MrAngryFace

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 01:36:24 AM »
IT HAS BEGUN:

Finished the long ass tutorial/story crap- fucked up my mission and was yelled at by beardy mc Duncan. Figured i'd get this snore crap outta the way before getting into it tomorrow.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/649872899339636152/6F205EF433742E7C1D13391CC9F1BFE092474C13/ -- BEARD MAN I HAT U

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/649872899339634223/DBC671AD00C66A6FA39254DFA7B6869A8AC84FC4/ -- FUCK YOUR POTS, ANIMUS

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/649872899339629280/F6BBD559F57772405DCB66727D806439C8E05581/ -- SNEAKIN

o_0

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: MAF's Holiday Ass Crud Challenge *potential spoilers I guess*
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 03:26:43 AM »
Figured i'd get this snore crap outta the way
You mean trying to exit the game back to Windows?

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 04:23:55 AM »
Wow that looks awesome :o
itm

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 04:29:55 AM »
The first game is really impressive visually on PC. Prince of Persia 2008 is as well. The scale is something else.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
MAF's Holiday Ass Crud Challenge *potential spoilers I guess*
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 04:56:18 AM »
This was my exact holiday challenge of 2010. I failed miserably 4 hours into asscreed 1 on the PS3.

Maybe that's my problem though, it ran like shit. How's the PC version(s)? Stable frame rate, no tearing, at the very least?
Unzip

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 05:09:18 AM »
This is one of those games from this gen that I just haven't bothered playing despite, you know, wanting to bone Jade Raymond.
yar

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 09:06:09 AM »
first game is very different from the others. 2 is essentially made useless by brotherhood, unless you really care about the story*. Haven't played revelations but going by what people are saying it's more of the same you got in brotherhood but in a new city.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Is such a thing even possible?
[close]

yes, people think this series has an awesome story :derp   

game stories lol

MrAngryFace

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 09:11:16 AM »
Pc version of 1 runs fine these days. Haven't tried the others yet but or now I'll assume the same
o_0

cool breeze

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 09:20:48 AM »
The stories in these games are great.  It's mostly an excuse to put you in historic cities, but it's also filled with sci-fi intrigue wank.  The majority of the game is running around in famous places from the past.  Visually the games look amazing and the music is great too.

Timber

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 09:30:18 AM »
2 has better cities, an actual story, better story missions, etc...

Brotherhood is a little expansion pack and that's all.  AC2 is the real game.  Haven't played Rev yet but expect it to be like AssBro was.
So much hot truth fiya being spat in this post.

I had to laugh when they announced that AssRev would have a Tower Defense minigame. Ubisoft's been going full-on kongregate.com recently.
w/e

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 09:33:18 AM »
The stories in these games are great.  It's mostly an excuse to put you in historic cities, but it's also filled with sci-fi intrigue wank.  The majority of the game is running around in famous places from the past.  Visually the games look amazing and the music is great too.

this is video game tripe with a high budget.  you can enjoy the historical aspects, music, and graphics all you want, but the actual story is straight up dumb.   

if the sci-fi aspect wasn't there, it would be 1000x better.  I'm not sure why it's in there...it's like they wanted to make it campy on purpose and piss you off by taking you out of the gameplay.

cool breeze

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2011, 09:46:44 AM »
That's why it's great.  And by great I don't mean, um, great.  The story is entertaining because it is dumb and crazy.  Don't take it as a serious story.

and the sci-fi stuff is probably just a strong link between games in the series.  instead of "here's a story in Jerusalem, and now here is one in Venice," it's one long story stretched between the games.  which didn't seem to work out for them, because people took to Ezio and they gave him a trilogy inside of Desmond's story.  or did work out, because more reason to pump these games out.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2011, 10:06:30 AM »
ok cool, we cool  8)

MrAngryFace

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 10:09:17 AM »
Its just a bunch a videogames and I'm gonna play them goddamnit
o_0

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2011, 12:07:21 PM »
I'm playing Rev right now.  I missed Brotherhood but I think I'm gonna go back for it.  The Tower Defense minigame is fuckawesome in Rev.

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2011, 01:20:02 PM »
I need to play Brotherhood still. I'll probably go through that and Revelations next summer when Lil' Gundam is sleeping or something.
野球

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2011, 01:40:00 PM »
Its just a bunch a videogames and I'm gonna play them goddamnit

Damn right, if you guys want to argue about vidya stories, GAF is over that way. :maf
©@©™

MrAngryFace

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2011, 09:54:22 PM »
Dec 1st

OFF TO DAMASCUS. I found some dude in main base tradin secrets, turned him in and got a sword out of it (and a horse). After pissing off every Turk on the way I made it to Damascus. Saved some dudes, picked some pockets, fucked up some pottery stalls, pooped. Gathered all of the info I needed for my first target and hit up all of the viewpoints.

Not bad for a weeknight- gonna catass this a fair bit during the weekend of course; no chance of finishing otherwise.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrangryface/screenshot/649872899354573195/?tab=public -- off I go to Damascus

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrangryface/screenshot/649872899354597714/?tab=public -- yay I made it- where's my achievement

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrangryface/screenshot/649872899354591944/?tab=public -- im like Batman

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrangryface/screenshot/649872899354576845/?tab=public -- askin some birds whats GOTY 2007

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrangryface/screenshot/649872899354582266/?tab=public -- poopin time

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrangryface/screenshot/649872899354580342/?tab=public -- I make time for my hobbies
o_0

MrAngryFace

o_0

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2011, 10:57:19 AM »
It took me like two or three years to finally beat asscreed 1.  :teehee

MrAngryFace

o_0

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2011, 07:10:05 PM »
I hate to skip Revelations but I think I kinda have to

Timber

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2011, 07:16:03 PM »
I never played Ass One but those screens give off the sense of scale that was present in 2 as well. With Bro they just dumped some stuff inside a walled-up area and called it a day.
w/e

Bebpo

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2011, 10:05:52 PM »

Game is gorgeous, but the LoD does it no favours in this shot ;)

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2011, 10:09:58 PM »
That's as far as the Animus can render, it was an intentional artistic decision by my girlfriend Jade Raymond and certainly not a flaw in the game.
©@©™

MrAngryFace

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2011, 10:12:20 PM »
lol- shits cranked so its gotta be a choice made by Joe's girlfriend
o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2011, 11:48:18 PM »
Did the console releases have this? I seem to remember spending way more time horsing it from city to city. You can even fast travel right after an assassination mission to your master.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrangryface/screenshot/649872899413043359/?-- Also, fatman down for the count. Tired of looking at his poorly textured belly wobblin all over GROSS.
o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2011, 11:53:51 PM »
Also, nothing more annoying that trying to use a group of scholars in a hurry with one of those mentally distinguished mentally-challenged dudes right next to em shoving you around.
o_0

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2011, 01:45:41 AM »
yeah fast travel was in the original
pcp

MrAngryFace

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2011, 01:49:34 AM »
All that shit in the middle is annoying if youre just trying to finish the game anyway- they're always after me for riding my horse too fast
o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2011, 11:49:57 PM »
All I can say is BOY I CANT WAIT TO GET TO AC2
o_0

Bebpo

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2011, 12:30:01 AM »
All I can say is BOY I CANT WAIT TO GET TO AC2

:lol

AC1 was MY ENEMY.  I loved climbing the cities but hated the gameplay.  The last 30 mins is so bad. 

AC2 is sooooo good.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2011, 01:19:24 AM »
Later half of the game the cities are literally full of poor people, drunks and distinguished mentally-challenged folks, and the retreat from an assassination is a very long walk. At any rate, another down tonight.
o_0

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2011, 08:50:02 PM »
That's why it's great.  And by great I don't mean, um, great.  The story is entertaining because it is dumb and crazy.  Don't take it as a serious story.

and the sci-fi stuff is probably just a strong link between games in the series.  instead of "here's a story in Jerusalem, and now here is one in Venice," it's one long story stretched between the games.  which didn't seem to work out for them, because people took to Ezio and they gave him a trilogy inside of Desmond's story.  or did work out, because more reason to pump these games out.

It's not clear why, with all the setup in 1, Desmond hasn't become the central character. It's clear that Altair was the badass that Desmond was on his way to becoming, and then the additional memories of Ezio should have bolstered where Desmond would head, but instead we got the All Ezio Show...

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2011, 09:30:09 PM »
this thread made me start playing ass crud 2.  i fucking hated the first one, but that was because it didnt have any actual gameplay.  since this one does, and because its the only game i can think of that features italians that arent mobsters, i figured it was time to give it a chance.  and hey, its actually a pretty decent game! 

if the first game was a $60 tech demo, then this is a "first step" game because it plays like a fun game that hasn't had its small, annoying flaws removed yet.  too much talky and walky with not enough action, dumb a.i., climbing and jumping still feels slow and stiff too often, etc.  it's miles ahead of the first game, of course, but that doesn't say much.  beyond its flaws it plays like we all expected ass 1 to play like - you're a baddass assassin silent killing dagos* left and right as you work your way through the political hierarchy.  the cities feel more varied, there's some mediocre loot to collect, and there's some nice prince of persia style hidden areas.  fun game that could be a great one if future installments ironed out some of the b.s. 

for those of you that have played brotherhood and revalations, how are they in comparison to 2?  do they make real improvements and add in new features or did the series plateau once the developers felt like they had done good enough?

also i have to add that the p.c. port is pretty ass.  not like unplayable bad, but it looks like a shitty console port and there's no way to tweak it to look nicer!  and the default gamepad controls are all janked up, too.
pcp

MrAngryFace

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2011, 10:18:46 PM »
I want out of the first one so bad-  im in fact BEHIND in the challenge because i'm in the last bit of the first one and just dont wanna anymore. Im tired of the drunks, the distinguished mentally-challenged fellows, the beggars, the rock throwing, gldskjflksflksjdf
o_0

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2011, 10:32:11 PM »

repeat x10000
pcp

chronovore

• relapsed dev
I thought it was going to be some remix where he stabbed the guy, and then it was repeated ad nauseum.

Like the gameplay.

MrAngryFace

I've skipped ahead to II- ill go back and finish 1 like...at the end right?
o_0

Bebpo

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2011, 03:04:29 AM »
I've skipped ahead to II- ill go back and finish 1 like...at the end right?

:lol

I still don't get the people who defended AC1 when it came out and thought it was GOTY MATERIAL.  The gameplay is so janky and repetitive.

this thread made me start playing ass crud 2.  i fucking hated the first one, but that was because it didnt have any actual gameplay.  since this one does, and because its the only game i can think of that features italians that arent mobsters, i figured it was time to give it a chance.  and hey, its actually a pretty decent game! 

if the first game was a $60 tech demo, then this is a "first step" game because it plays like a fun game that hasn't had its small, annoying flaws removed yet.  too much talky and walky with not enough action, dumb a.i., climbing and jumping still feels slow and stiff too often, etc.  it's miles ahead of the first game, of course, but that doesn't say much.  beyond its flaws it plays like we all expected ass 1 to play like - you're a baddass assassin silent killing dagos* left and right as you work your way through the political hierarchy.  the cities feel more varied, there's some mediocre loot to collect, and there's some nice prince of persia style hidden areas.  fun game that could be a great one if future installments ironed out some of the b.s. 

for those of you that have played brotherhood and revalations, how are they in comparison to 2?  do they make real improvements and add in new features or did the series plateau once the developers felt like they had done good enough?

also i have to add that the p.c. port is pretty ass.  not like unplayable bad, but it looks like a shitty console port and there's no way to tweak it to look nicer!  and the default gamepad controls are all janked up, too.

Brotherhood takes the gameplay further.  More stuff to do, some good new systems.  But everything takes place in a single city and they make you unlock the city really slowly since it has to last the whole game, which can get annoying.  The story is lolz, total sidestory, like 30 mins of actual plot progression.  Has some good missions and some really shitty vehicle stages.

MrAngryFace

Jesus christ AC2 is a breath of fresh air- forgot how much better it was than the first.
o_0

MrAngryFace

Game looks better- plays better. YAY
o_0

Bebpo

Yay!

MrAngryFace

o_0

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
so i'm gonna skip brotherhood and move strait to revelations, unless that feels like a stopgap game too.  did anyone on here even play it yet?
pcp

Bebpo

I heard it's worse than brotherhood.  Something about an empty desert and people in robes or something.  I'll get it during a steam sale.

Might want to just wait for ACIII.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
*sigh*

god this series is such a dissapointment

ac3 it is, then
pcp

Bebpo

At least it won't be a long wait!