Author Topic: Sales Bore | Media Create And Other Sale Numbers |OT|  (Read 1190808 times)

Rahxephon91

Re: Sales Talk Thread of Sales Talk and Only Sales Talk
« Reply #1500 on: November 28, 2012, 02:08:03 PM »
Damn it. I wanted EX troopers to come here.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #1501 on: November 28, 2012, 02:38:04 PM »
I don't follow Japanese sales figures, but has handheld/mobile completely destroyed the console scene over there? Did the Wii sell well?

SantaC

« Reply #1502 on: November 28, 2012, 02:41:19 PM »
´Rich ‏@RichIGN

In less than two years the Nintendo 3DS has surpassed lifetime sales of the GameCube, 2/3 of the N64 and nearly half of SNES. Interesting...
Expand Collapse

How very sad   :'(

the 3DS is a decent machine, but the games are nowhere near gamecube's library of quality.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1503 on: November 28, 2012, 02:53:01 PM »
I don't follow Japanese sales figures, but has handheld/mobile completely destroyed the console scene over there? Did the Wii sell well?

The Wii sold just a bit more than a third of what the DS sold and only 30% more than the PS3, which is about to be passed by the 3DS. The PSP has sold about as much as the PS3 and Wii combined.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1504 on: November 28, 2012, 03:09:31 PM »
I'm a bit surprised that the PS3 version of EX Troopers sold so badly. It seems like a game that could use dual analog sticks and high resolution.

It's a pretty ho-hum game.  I regret importing it, although people on GAF say it gets better and blah blah blah.  That may be true, but it's hard to sit through cut scene after cut scene of ANIMU SCI-FI BATTORU SKOORU RAIFU and dialogue, only to play a super-easy two minute "mission."

It's been so boring that I haven't even played enough to unlock the multiplayer mode yet.  Really disappointing for me since I like Lost Planet.  Good manga-style presentation though.

Damn it. I wanted EX troopers to come here.

There was no chance it was ever coming out here anyway.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 03:14:08 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1505 on: November 28, 2012, 03:26:27 PM »
Why do Japanese keep buying handhelds? Don't they have mobiles/tablets?

Tasty

« Reply #1506 on: November 28, 2012, 03:29:44 PM »
And why would digital/eShop be a better match? I see people say things like that all the time and it always confuses me.

Lower risk, you don't lose money on manufacturing/stocking fees when things go tits up. Basically you're only in the hole for development, which is a better financial prospect.

Only downside is a smaller avenue for potential sales, but in low performing titles like these the tradeoff is usually worth it since only the hardcore followers buy it and they're likely to do "what it takes" (downloading instead of purchasing retail) to play it.

I could be way off, but that's my assessment.

« Reply #1507 on: November 28, 2012, 03:41:46 PM »
Digital only titles are a big turn off for me. I know I'm an old fogey dinsosaur and all, but I like having some sort of physical item to show for my hard earned dollars.
野球

« Reply #1508 on: November 28, 2012, 03:47:17 PM »
I prefer physical on consoles, and digital by a country mile on PC.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #1509 on: November 28, 2012, 03:47:43 PM »
Why do Japanese keep buying handhelds? Don't they have mobiles/tablets?

I would imagine a lot of it has to do with some exclusive titles that keep drawing people back in (like Dragon Warrior, Mario, Fire Emblem, etc)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 03:51:28 PM by ToxicAdam »

« Reply #1510 on: November 28, 2012, 04:43:03 PM »

Yeah, I'm ok with Steam since I don't buy a whole lot. However, on consoles, I like my physical stuff.
野球

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1511 on: November 28, 2012, 04:52:50 PM »
Digital only titles are a big turn off for me. I know I'm an old fogey dinsosaur and all, but I like having some sort of physical item to show for my hard earned dollars.

Digital is fine for me if it's throwaway prices (like, $5 for a Steam game, $1 for an XBL Indie)... but I definitely prefer physical stuff, especially collectors editions with "feelies", to use an old PC game term. My biggest issue with digital is that I hate digital rights management, and am always fearful that 20 or so years down the line I won't be able to play some older games (you can even see stuff like this happening now, Outrun XBLA pulled due to SEGA not wanting to renew their Ferrari rights). I'm primarily a retro gamer and have no trouble going back and playing a 20 year old game right after playing something released a month ago, and worry that the game industry will lose a lot of its history this way.
^_^

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1512 on: November 28, 2012, 05:31:44 PM »

There was no chance it was ever coming out here anyway.
Yeah, you're probably right, but I thought since there was a PS3 version maybe there was a slight chance.
Yeah pretty much the same. I'm sorry I just like having a shelf of stuff.

« Reply #1513 on: November 28, 2012, 05:42:52 PM »
Yeah pretty much the same. I'm sorry I just like having a shelf of stuff.

Well, I actually prefer digital in general being a disorganized person that isn't really a collector. It's just that I don't find consoles as conducive to digital content. Prices aren't very competitive, and I don't think the services are as good as something like Steam for distributing it. Further, there are actual benefits to physical in the console world in the form of resale and lending-out/transferring.

On the PC side, more often than not the discs are just mechanisms for distributing content for installation. If I buy a physical game here it's more often than not only used to grab the key and type it into Steam or Battle.net or whatever before being chucked unless the manual is worthwhile. It helps that my PC hardrives weigh in at 1 TB and 640 Gigs. This is compared to my 60 GB PS3 harddrive, my 20 GB Xbox harddrive, and my 8 Gigs of memory on my Wii U basic unit.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #1514 on: November 28, 2012, 06:24:40 PM »
I think there is a chance that next xbox slips into early 2014.

As for PS4,latest batch of rumors strongly point at 2013 release...near final dev kits in January,final devkits around E3,devs having production milestones in August

PS3 holiday lineup is a bit slim too,I bet PS4 will have a pretty strong launch lineup.

yeah, the 2012 holiday lineup is so bad that Sony didn't waste money advertising it! Microsoft had one huge game with Halo 4 and the 360 is still the place where people buy multiplatform games.  Everything has been pushed or initially scheduled for first half 2013.

Gen has gone on so long that all these publishers are spent.  I remember after the 360 released you still had big games coming for the PS2/Xbox.  I'd imagine most have been prepping for next gen for some time now.  Also remember when the E3 shows leading up to this gen where Microsoft showed off Mass Effect, Splinter Cell Hobo, and Too Human.  Sony first showed off Infamous, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Resistance, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Motorstorm, and Killzone 2.  What's funny is that now there is more or less parity of third party support.

PS2 had GOW and FF12,I think.

I bet this time we'll see lots of multi-gen titles for a while.EA is rumored to have BF4 ready for launch--360/PS3(720p30fps) and next gen(1080p60fps).

Anyway we are now probably very close to official reveals,January is only a month away.
cat

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #1515 on: November 28, 2012, 08:34:04 PM »
hey guys, andrex directed me here on twitter

right now my family is having a bit of a situation that requires my full attention, and stuff with my business is demanding extra time (end of year report cards for the students and stuff), so i've had no time for fun stuffs like forums

i don't mind if you guys pm my twitter around, but i'd rather not have my real name explicitly connected to oscar/segata so i'd appreciate if you didn't post it openly on the forums

if all goes well i should be back here talking shit about whatever is going on come january or so.  if all goes well.

I miss you

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #1516 on: November 28, 2012, 08:54:04 PM »
Hope all is well Oscar, come back soon!
itm

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #1517 on: November 28, 2012, 09:01:24 PM »

right now my family is having a bit of a situation that requires my full attention, and stuff with my business is demanding extra time (end of year report cards for the students and stuff), so i've had no time for fun stuffs like forums

i don't mind if you guys pm my twitter around, but i'd rather not have my real name explicitly connected to oscar/segata so i'd appreciate if you didn't post it openly on the forums

if all goes well i should be back here talking shit about whatever is going on come january or so.  if all goes well.

godspeed man.

You better be back for Wii U impressions  :P

Tasty

« Reply #1518 on: November 28, 2012, 09:10:58 PM »

With your new Wii U, right Oscar-san? :uguu

« Reply #1519 on: November 29, 2012, 12:29:29 AM »

January? That's like, over a month away. Awww...

And again, my apologies for briefly linking anything Twitter related. I wasn't even sure if that was you, but just guessed at it based on what little knowledge I had. I meant no invasion of privacy.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 09:39:32 AM by Steve Youngblood »

cool breeze

« Reply #1520 on: November 29, 2012, 02:44:52 AM »

Same.  I'm comfortable with it on PC because I can backup my games, and with a few exceptions, that I can still play the game years down the road.  With consoles, sometimes I'd rather spend more to import a retail copy.

I guess the more security I feel I have, the more I'm willing to spend.  So, at the top is something like GoG/DRM-free, then Steam, and it continues until you hit the bottom with Nintendo.

Takao

« Reply #1521 on: November 29, 2012, 02:09:34 PM »
PS3 did 525k Black Friday week. Vita did 160k.

Those aren't terrible Vita numbers, though I wish they were higher. : /

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1522 on: November 29, 2012, 02:17:20 PM »
PS3 did 525k Black Friday week. Vita did 160k.

Those aren't terrible Vita numbers, though I wish they were higher. : /

The 3DS numbers weren't really that great and it was 90k more than the Vita.
dog

Takao

« Reply #1523 on: November 29, 2012, 02:19:13 PM »
Yes, but 3DS has a lineup of software people actually would buy hardware for. Call of Duty 2/10 doesn't fit that bill.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1524 on: November 29, 2012, 02:25:48 PM »
The Vita has lots of awesome PSP games, though. :smug
dog

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #1525 on: November 29, 2012, 02:27:30 PM »
Is there any data about last year Sony BF numbers?

160k Vita is not that bad*

*for a dead system
cat

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #1526 on: November 29, 2012, 02:37:26 PM »
vita number is passable but mostly due to the 3ds numbers (which are not that great for the next ninty handheld).

FUCK YOU IPAD, FUCK YOU  :'(

Takao

« Reply #1527 on: November 29, 2012, 02:41:38 PM »
Yep, RIP traditional handhelds in the west.

which in turn means RIP me playing Japanese video games :'(

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #1528 on: November 29, 2012, 02:44:34 PM »
Can't believe I missed this

Sony sold over 525,000 PlayStation 3s and 160,000 PS Vitas in North America during the week of Black Friday (Nov. 18-24), it has announced.

meh

Nintendo and MS numbers are US only
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 02:50:39 PM by maxy »
cat

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #1529 on: November 29, 2012, 03:05:22 PM »
Not that hard to work out the numbers.  Just subtract about 9% and you're close.
vin

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1530 on: November 29, 2012, 03:23:00 PM »
It was Steve Youngblood earlier in this thread, and he edited out Oscar's Twitter account three minutes after he posted it.
dog

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #1531 on: November 29, 2012, 03:30:34 PM »
The Vita has lots of awesome PSP games, though. :smug

best PSP ever!   

but holy fuck at those numbers, handhelds getting bitch smacked.   All those Vitas are gonna be filling up gamestop's used section if they don't announce some games. 

Purple Filth

« Reply #1532 on: November 29, 2012, 03:33:02 PM »
Can't believe I missed this

Sony sold over 525,000 PlayStation 3s and 160,000 PS Vitas in North America during the week of Black Friday (Nov. 18-24), it has announced.

meh

Nintendo and MS numbers are US only

apparently its actually US only in their PR cnbc took (it even had the number = additional notes stuff  :lol).

http://www.cnbc.com/id/50013347

In total, more than 525,000 PS3 consoles were sold in the US during Black Friday week1
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 03:34:41 PM by Purple Filth »

« Reply #1533 on: November 29, 2012, 03:35:20 PM »
It was Steve Youngblood earlier in this thread, and he edited out Oscar's Twitter account three minutes after he posted it.

With apologies! Please don't have demi nuke me, Borys!

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #1534 on: November 30, 2012, 08:32:18 AM »
will drop pants for oscar nudes

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1535 on: November 30, 2012, 09:13:26 AM »
will put on pants for oscar nudes
©@©™

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #1536 on: December 03, 2012, 04:15:10 AM »
http://www.vg247.com/2012/12/03/uk-charts-black-ops-2-holds-top-wii-u-peaks-at-11th/

Nintendo’s highest Wii U entry is Nintendo Land at 11th place, surpassing fellow console releases New Super Mario Bros. U and ZombiU. Bear in mind however that it’s a single format, has just come out and is in limited supply.

Nintendo’s high-end Premium Wii U SKU was by far the most attractive to UK buyers over the console’s launch weekend.

That’s according to data from GfK Chart-Track, which says that the £300 bundle won around a 60 per cent share of the console’s launch weekend sales.

The ZombiU bundle accounted for 30 per cent, leaving Nintendo’s entry-level 8GB Basic pack grabbing just 10 per cent.

The machine was helped by a 24-strong launch software line-up what Chart-Track describes as “more than any other home console ever launched in the UK”. Wii launched with just 14 games, for instance.

The highest Wii U entry in the software charts was bundled game Nintendo Land, although it failed to break into the Top Ten, debuting at No.11. Fellow first party release New Super Mario Bros U entered the listings in 13th with Ubisoft claiming the highest charting third party title – ZombiU in 17th.

No other Wii U exclusives charted.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/premium-wii-u-bundle-claims-60-per-cent-of-launch-sales/0107412
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 04:17:22 AM by maxy »
cat

Himu

« Reply #1537 on: December 03, 2012, 04:21:16 AM »
Number one game and it's number 11? Goddamn, excepted top five at least.
IYKYK

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #1538 on: December 03, 2012, 05:03:24 AM »
Square Enix’s ‘Hitman Absolution’ drops from a debut last week at No2 to No4 this week (-51%) and Ubsioft drop 1 place to No5 with ‘Assassin’s Creed III’ (53,923), which this week gains 2 Wii U SKU’s (Standard edition and Join or Die edition). Ubisoft’s ‘Just Dance 4’ moves up 1 place to No6 (+48%) and also gets a Wii U edition. Warner’s ‘Lego The Lord of the Rings’ is at No7 (+6%) and Microsoft’s ‘Halo 4’ drops 3 places to No8 (-12%). Activision’s ‘Skylanders Giants’ is at No9 (+4%) also with a Wii U version and EA’s ‘Need For Speed Most Wanted’ takes No10 (+28%). The Top 3 Wii U titles all debut in the Top 40 with Nintendo’s ‘Nintendo Land’ at No11, ‘New Super Mario Bros. U’ at No 14 and Ubisoft’s ‘Zombi U’ at No17. In summary, there were 5 Wii U SKU’s of titles within the Top 10 and 10 Wii U versions of titles within the Top 40.

For the first time Chart-Track has given some exact number,interesting.

I think WiiU is about 20-30k something

/
some gaf dude says 26k for Nintendoland

hmm
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 05:26:41 AM by maxy »
cat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #1539 on: December 03, 2012, 06:33:30 AM »
gaf UK launch summary

Wii U hardware:

60% Nintendo Land Bundles.
30% ZombiU Bundles.
10% Basic

Wii U Software

Assassin's Creed III, 3% or 1618 copies.
Call of Duty Black Ops II 1%
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed 38%
Just Dance 4 3%

The only 3 games charting, there are no Wii U only charts on the site yet.
1- Nintendo Land* (rumored to be 26k on here)
2- New Super Mario Bros U
3- ZombiU*

*including hardware bundles.
cat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1540 on: December 03, 2012, 06:43:19 AM »
Oh shit that's a disaster. Who saw this coming.

archie4208

« Reply #1541 on: December 03, 2012, 06:47:56 AM »
I'm sure we can add a few dozen sales if digital downloads are included.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1542 on: December 03, 2012, 06:50:50 AM »
Has anyone used the DD defense on GAF?  :lol

I thought 12 year olds didn't have CC's.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #1543 on: December 03, 2012, 06:51:06 AM »
welcome back Oscar
cat

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #1544 on: December 03, 2012, 06:58:58 AM »
I'm sure we can add a few dozen sales if digital downloads are included.

And with digital pricing being full price with no discounting, I'm sure everyone was running to download their Wii U titles.
itm

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1545 on: December 03, 2012, 07:01:03 AM »
Id be surprised if they sold 1k titles online.

WB Oscar , happy your son is ok!:)

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1546 on: December 03, 2012, 07:06:07 AM »
Blops and Ass Creed 3 sold 2500 in total it seems. On 40k consoles. That's dramatic, will Activision/Ubi even bother porting games?

And sure you can add 50%, if this was PC, on WiiU I think the online sales are non-exsistant (just a hunch).

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1547 on: December 03, 2012, 07:11:01 AM »
Oscar, is this new gen already proving fun or what? I know Im enjoying myself.

originalz

• Z!?
« Reply #1548 on: December 03, 2012, 07:13:13 AM »
Yo Oscar if there anything we in Japan can do to help you through your shit let us know, we got your back!

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1549 on: December 03, 2012, 07:19:28 AM »
Guys, FYI, Dreamcast had a better launch then WiiU. And it launched in Septmeber in the US.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #1550 on: December 03, 2012, 07:33:51 AM »
WiiU launched on Friday,Chart-Track tracking period is Sunday-Saturday so we have two days of sales.

In those two days "DD people" had to download and install 1GB system update(for some that has taken hours) and then download games like Ass Creed 3(17GB) for £54.99.

cat

Takao

« Reply #1551 on: December 03, 2012, 07:46:18 AM »
Vita had a better launch in the UK than Wii U.  :rofl

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
« Reply #1552 on: December 03, 2012, 08:46:13 AM »
Blops and Ass Creed 3 sold 2500 in total it seems. On 40k consoles. That's dramatic, will Activision/Ubi even bother porting games?

Are you kidding? They're going to be doing even more work to down port from next gen. Which the wiiU is way more suited for. Got to get those tiny sales!

All that is left is for this thing to bomb in Japan - even funnier is the second phase games aren't going to raise those numbers either : pikmin 3 will appeal to the fans, but w101? Bayonets? ... Oh and US Monster Hunter which will do ok
O=X

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1553 on: December 03, 2012, 09:06:04 AM »
The official Wii U theme song:

🍆🍆

Tasty

« Reply #1554 on: December 03, 2012, 10:15:09 AM »
What was the percent of AC 3DS digital sales? Something like 1/4?

Tasty

« Reply #1555 on: December 03, 2012, 10:19:06 AM »
In any case Nintendo clearly has a lot of work to do with the Wii U, which I like as a consumer.

I've been saying since E3 2011 that they need to show more first party games, which still hasn't happened yet for who knows what reason. And I don't mean just old stuff either, some new IPs would be nice. Otherwise Miyamoto's deck shuffle really won't mean much.

Takao

« Reply #1556 on: December 03, 2012, 10:24:23 AM »
Maybe them wasting 10 years on Gamecube hardware made them ignorant to the requirements of HD development, and now they're struggling to cope with making both Wii U and 3DS games.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1557 on: December 03, 2012, 10:24:30 AM »
and thanks for well wishes and welcome backs, i hope my son will be alright, but we've still got a ways ahead of us even though he's out of the hospital now.

good luck, hoping for a speedy full recovery and better times for you and your family soon
sup

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1558 on: December 03, 2012, 10:26:24 AM »
This just emphasizes how badly Nintendo has bungled the Wii U. Lack of compelling, unique software, hardware that's barely more powerful than consoles seven years old [if it actually IS more powerful], and an online infrastructure that would have been laughed at five years ago. Two of those CAN be fixed, but what has Nintendo shown you in the past decade that would lead you to believe that will suddenly launch a competent, competitive online system within the next year?

Nintendo deserves any and all failures the Wii U achieves, for thinking that it was okay to launch a system that undercooked.
dog

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1559 on: December 03, 2012, 10:29:44 AM »
Maybe them wasting 10 years on Gamecube hardware made them ignorant to the requirements of HD development, and now they're struggling to cope with making both Wii U and 3DS games.

Nintendo is just being cheap and lazy.  In the past, they generally got a free pass if they put out a mediocre game or mediocre hardware but it seems like those days are over.  They aimed way too low and couldn't even get that right.

Since Nintendo is so cheap and lazy that these numerous problems are going to take forever to solve if they think they need solving.  Nintendo just thinks that having the Nintendo logo slapped on crapass hardware is good enough.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 10:33:58 AM by The Experiment »
🍆🍆