Author Topic: Sales Bore | Media Create And Other Sale Numbers |OT|  (Read 1190632 times)

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
Re: Oscar-sempai's Sales Thread of Sales Enlightenment for Sales Losers
« Reply #4020 on: May 10, 2013, 11:13:45 AM »
he meant permanently checking out of the handheld market.

and see my post above, it's from one of the guys who approves games at Sony.   they seem to have a push ready for E3.  how strong it is, we'll see, but it doesn't sound token. 

Father_Brain

« Reply #4021 on: May 10, 2013, 11:28:46 AM »
he meant permanently checking out of the handheld market.

I'm not quite sure if you or Oscar is arguing otherwise, but Vita is Sony's last dedicated handheld. Period. Whenever they discontinue it, be it a year or three years from now, they'll be exiting the market.

and see my post above, it's from one of the guys who approves games at Sony.   they seem to have a push ready for E3.  how strong it is, we'll see, but it doesn't sound token. 

I'll give Shahid some benefit of the doubt, since he's a pretty stand-up guy in general, but I'm not sure you can extrapolate that much from his tweet, nor can I imagine anything that could be announced for Vita in the West that would actually move hardware on a large scale even if Sony were planning a major holiday push (and the low forecast suggests they aren't).

Father_Brain

« Reply #4022 on: May 10, 2013, 12:34:20 PM »
I'll explain when I'm at a keyboard, unless one of you numbskulls manages to piece it together before then.

Like watching a bunch of monkeys trying to start a car with a banana, I swear.

Oh, were you just referring to the corporate strategy meeting on the 22nd? Yeah, that was probably pretty ridiculous for me to suggest.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #4023 on: May 10, 2013, 12:50:33 PM »
No, he was saying that an ape escape kart racer is coming out soon for the Vita

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #4024 on: May 10, 2013, 01:26:35 PM »
Vita is finished...the end

Something to boost the morale for remaining Vita warriors
cat

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #4025 on: May 10, 2013, 01:44:42 PM »
Takao on gaf called the "P" game-- 

Plants Vs. Zombies 2   

fuck

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4026 on: May 10, 2013, 02:16:42 PM »
Takao on gaf called the "P" game-- 

Plants Vs. Zombies 2   

fuck

WTF

Also, Taco-chan, y u no post here anymore? Some of us still love you, and the Veetor.  :heart
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4027 on: May 10, 2013, 03:42:25 PM »
Phantasy Star Online 2 :hyper

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:'(
[close]
ど助平

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #4028 on: May 10, 2013, 04:25:18 PM »
I'll explain when I'm at a keyboard, unless one of you numbskulls manages to piece it together before then.

Oh, were you just referring to the corporate strategy meeting on the 22nd? Yeah, that was probably pretty ridiculous for me to suggest.

wtf he's saying they'd never announce "the end" of vita because why would you do that? sales would dry up immediately. instead you let devs put their games out, sell out of your remaining stock, and never speak publicly about it again.

jesus ITS NOT THAT HARD
pcp

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
Oscar-sempai's Sales Thread of Sales Enlightenment for Sales Losers
« Reply #4029 on: May 10, 2013, 04:27:03 PM »
I'd love for pvz2 to come. Put so many hours into the free vita version
dur

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #4030 on: May 10, 2013, 06:45:26 PM »
Hah, if the west even gets PSO2 at this point it sure as hell won't get the Vita version. At least not exclusivly. Enough is fan translated to get by and peeps are working on. A hack to show items/weps in Eng as well. Just jump in on the JP version already if you wanna play. They've made low levels go crazy fast if you do Koffee's orders now.
Hi

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #4031 on: May 10, 2013, 09:26:01 PM »
i wasn't wrong.  You did mean they'd permanently check out,  for some reason he thought you meant they'd come out with another handheld or something.  i dunno, i'm gonna go smoke some crack rock.   8)

Father_Brain

« Reply #4032 on: May 10, 2013, 11:34:52 PM »

wtf he's saying they'd never announce "the end" of vita because why would you do that? sales would dry up immediately. instead you let devs put their games out, sell out of your remaining stock, and never speak publicly about it again.

jesus ITS NOT THAT HARD

fucking THANK you

The only times in the past this has been done is when the parent company is in dire financial straits and needs to recall/write-off/liquidate the whole shebang for some quick cash, because it pretty much stops sales dead forever. Think Neo Geo Pocket Color and Dreamcast.

Vita is more like GameCube.  They'll just let it quietly and slowly die without acknowledgement.

Hmm, I think you might be seeing more of a disagreement than there actually is.

As I said above, I don't expect it to be confirmed via its own press release, let alone in a press conference.

And yes, I was admittedly confused by your wording.  To be clear, you do think that the end of Vita, whenever it is, will constitute Sony permanently checking out of the dedicated handheld sector, right?

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #4033 on: May 10, 2013, 11:47:14 PM »
Isn't Japan Technically the second largest market for video games? I always see posts on GAF saying it's the smallest market, I could have sworn someone on here more in the know said that's bullshit.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #4034 on: May 11, 2013, 04:20:56 AM »
http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/10/the-deanbeat-why-nintendo-should-have-bought-ouya-and-other-might-have-beens/
Against the might of Nintendo, Ouya seemed like an ant. Sure, it had raised $8.6 million in crowdfunding on Kickstarter, but to put out a real game console in lots of retail stores takes a huge investment. It had no credibility even with all of the support from indie game developers who didn’t have the cash to make big-budget console games.

Now the scales may be tipping.

Ouya has been lifted by premiere Silicon Valley venture capital firms Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Mayfield Fund. Both are lending their credibility; Kleiner’s Bing Gordon is joining the Ouya board. Their money will let Ouya make more consoles that will seem like a bargain to console fans — at $99 for the hardware and tons of free-to-try Android games.If Ouya hits its targets, it may be able to raise more money as it needs it. Julie Uhrman, the chief executive of Ouya, told GamesBeat, “What I love about Bing is that he is not constrained by conventional thinking and is a great supporter of game developers.”

We’re not sure what the valuation was, but Ouya just got a lot more expensive as a potential acquisition. Nintendo should have grabbed it while it had the chance. Nintendo, meanwhile, had its window to sell Wii U game consoles during the last six months. It had a shortage of hits, and the big games from top publishers either didn’t materialize or didn’t sell well. Nintendo generated some good digital revenue through the app store on the Wii U platform, but it hasn’t had a huge breakout hit on that front.

Now the Wii U is dead in the water. Nintendo sold 3.45 million Wii U consoles as of March 31, and since December, Nintendo sold just 390,000 Wii Us. That’s a horrible start for a new game console, and it must be viewed in this context: Apple sold 56 million iPhones and iPads in one quarter.

As Apple was gathering steam, Nintendo was resting on its laurels and watching the money come in from the Wii. It squandered a chance to do something about the situation. Somehow, with the design of its new console, Nintendo whiffed, and it is in the process of moving from No. 1 in consoles sold in a generation to No. 3 or maybe even No. 4.

Gordon said in an interview this week, “My own take on Nintendo is that the Wii was a spectacular head fake.” But Microsoft’s Kinect and its Xbox Live service have staked out the high end of the game business. Sony, by comparison, “is starting to look like the new Sega of the game business,” Gordon said. That means that it may soon exit hardware, as Sega did with the ill-fated Dreamcast.

“Once you have a tablet, there is not much reason to buy a Nintendo,” Gordon said. “What they have left is the Miyamoto exclusive box. If you want his games, then you spend the $300 on whatever Miyamoto makes. But that’s a box for tens of millions, not hundreds of millions.”

Gaf is naturally salty about both statements but Nintendo one is pretty good.

Miyamoto box :bow2

As for Ouya acquisition,nah that would be silly.On the other hand $99 Miyamoto box...hmm

$350 Miyamoto box = lol

cat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #4035 on: May 11, 2013, 05:05:40 AM »
NPD will track Ouya,right?
cat

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #4036 on: May 11, 2013, 05:10:38 AM »
Guacamelee! deserves every sale it got and then some. It's my GOTY, yes it is even better than Bioshock Infinite.

GOTY awarded in May of a year with next gen machines launching.  Truly a Polish thing.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #4037 on: May 11, 2013, 05:19:27 AM »

What's there to track?  I actually kind of hope they do, so all of these fucking fetishists realize how statistically insignificant they are and go hide back under their fucking rocks.
yar

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #4038 on: May 11, 2013, 08:47:11 AM »
Against the might of Nintendo, Ouya seemed like an ant. Sure, it had raised $8.6 million in crowdfunding on Kickstarter, but to put out a real game console in lots of retail stores takes a huge investment. It had no credibility even with all of the support from indie game developers who didn’t have the cash to make big-budget console games.

Out of all the "new fierce competitor is poised to take on Nintendo" articles I've read, this one is probably the most ridiculous.

How many dumb investment firms have thought they could just buy their way in the game market and take over? 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 08:49:17 AM by Don Flamenco »

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #4039 on: May 11, 2013, 08:50:07 AM »

Depends if Ouya Hut provides their data
itm

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4040 on: May 11, 2013, 09:27:00 AM »
http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/10/the-deanbeat-why-nintendo-should-have-bought-ouya-and-other-might-have-beens/

:heh
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4041 on: May 11, 2013, 12:55:07 PM »
Here are the latest Media Create Console Hardware Sales in Japan for the week of Apr 29 - May 05, 3DS sold 76k this week, followed by PS Vita, sold 22k, and PS3, sold 17k units....
Platform   This week   YTD
3DS LL   50,190   992,513
3DS    26,273   577,287
PS Vita   22,051   427,960
PS3      17,415   380,772
Wii U   13,173   281,960
PSP      8,443   250,347
Wii    2,238   34,643
XB360      596   12,177

What are people buying on Vita?  It's #2 after the 3DS this week, yet there's no games in the top 10.  PhotoKano is #14.
ど助平

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #4042 on: May 11, 2013, 02:07:34 PM »
PSO2?

or did something hatsune miku related come out 

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #4043 on: May 11, 2013, 07:05:44 PM »
Uh, F came out a while ago so it ain't that. Miku's in another rpg or whatever every week it seems lately. The day her outfit was out on PSO2 the in game monitors had a promo for a new fucking PSP game that she's in.
Hi

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #4044 on: May 12, 2013, 06:06:53 AM »
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Next-Generation-Bobby-Kotick-Xbox-PlayStation-Wii-U,news-17021.html

“There are still many unknown factors, such as pricing, launch dates and quantities, the level of first-party support and, importantly, consumer purchase intent in a world where consoles are no longer just competing with each other, but also with new platforms, such as smartphones and tablets," said Activision CEO Bobby Kotick.

Not only are next-gen consoles competing with each other and mobile devices, but a wave of Android consoles are set to arrive in June like the OUYA and Nvidia's Project Shield. Throw in the fact that customers can purchase a high performance desktop or notebook at a low price – and they do more than just play games, movies and TV shows – and there's a wider arena than just the Big Three duking it out at Walmart. It's a different playing field than it was three or four years ago.

Kotick, who spoke during the company's recent Q1 2013 Earning conference call, hinted that Microsoft and Sony will likely face the same challenges as Nintendo has faced since the Holiday 2012 season. So far the back half of 2013 looks more "challenging" than previously expected.

"While we have had a solid start to the year, we now believe that the risks and uncertainties in the back half of 2013 are more challenging than our earlier view, especially in the holiday quarter," said Kotick. "The shift in release dates of competing products, the disappointing launch of the Wii U, uncertainties regarding next-generation hardware, and subscriber declines in our World of Warcraft business all raise concerns, as do continued challenges in the global economy."

Because of this, Activision will remain cautious. "The newest console, the Wii U, has had a very slow start,” Kotick added later. "All of these factors further heighten our concerns heading into the back half of the year, particularly during the very competitive fourth quarter."

At this point both consoles remind me of Vita year or two before (Japan)release.

It will sell in Japan,possibly even dominate

PSP is very popular
It will have MH
powah
nothing can go wrong

cat

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4045 on: May 12, 2013, 01:29:32 PM »
PhotoKano is #14.
Oh god they made a game out of this :maf

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4046 on: May 12, 2013, 01:31:55 PM »
PhotoKano is #14.

Yeah, and it's exactly what you imagine it would be.
dog

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4047 on: May 12, 2013, 02:12:15 PM »
PhotoKano is #14.

Yeah, and it's exactly what you imagine it would be.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4048 on: May 12, 2013, 08:21:09 PM »
PhotoKano is #14.

Of course they did...it was a game before it was your favorite anime.   :expert
ど助平

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #4049 on: May 12, 2013, 09:29:23 PM »
kano means girlfriend?

hmmm

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #4050 on: May 12, 2013, 10:00:34 PM »
Girlfriend is kanojou.  They might be doing something cheeky with the title because kanno means inspiration.

Joke ruined!

ruined like my innocence when I looked up what that game was  :'(

oh no wait, what the fuck am i saying, i saw a pic of a dude fucking a pony plush yesterday

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #4051 on: May 12, 2013, 10:52:15 PM »
What kind of perverted and depraved site would have such a pic? 

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4052 on: May 13, 2013, 01:22:50 AM »
PhotoKano is #14.

Of course they did...it was a game before it was your favorite anime.   :expert

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #4053 on: May 13, 2013, 10:02:59 AM »

:obama
cat

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #4055 on: May 15, 2013, 12:29:03 PM »
what does "more regional" mean in that S-E tweet?  Like more japan exclusive stuff?   :'(

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4056 on: May 15, 2013, 12:31:46 PM »
Ubisoft: "Find something that works, then hammer it into the ground."
©@©™

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4057 on: May 15, 2013, 12:40:17 PM »
It's what works, apparently.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #4058 on: May 15, 2013, 12:42:10 PM »
Ubisoft: "Find something that works, then hammer it into the ground."
The Nintendo Gameplan
vin

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #4059 on: May 15, 2013, 12:48:24 PM »

Finaly  :hyper :drool
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 12:59:05 PM by maxy »
cat

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #4060 on: May 15, 2013, 02:09:39 PM »
a fan ubisoft games, is that what a core gamer is?   

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #4061 on: May 16, 2013, 06:48:33 PM »
Copied from GAF:

Xbox 360 continues to hold the number one spot in the U.S., selling more units in April than any other console; marking the 28th consecutive month as the best-selling console in the U.S.

April 2013 NPD highlights:
· Holding 42 percent share of current-generation console sales, Xbox 360 sold 130,000 units in April, maintaining the number-one console spot in the U.S. (Source: NPD Group, April 2013)

· Total retail spend on the Xbox 360 platform in April (hardware, software and accessories) reached $208 million, the most for any console in the U.S. (Source: NPD Group, April 2013)

· During the month of April, Xbox 360 held six of the top 10 console game titles including: “NBA 2K13,” “Dead Island: Riptide,” “BioShock Infinite,” Defiance,” Injustice: Gods Among Us” and “Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.” Source: NPD Group, April 2013)

Looking forward to next week, Tuesday, May 21 will mark the beginning of a new generation of games, TV and entertainment. On that day, Microsoft will hold a special press event on the Xbox Campus at 10 a.m. PST and we invite you to join us via the live global stream that will be available on Xbox LIVE, Xbox.com and live on Spike TV in the U.S. and Canada.

Then, on June 10 at 9:30 a.m. PST, Microsoft will continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games at the Xbox E3 media briefing at The Galen Center in Los Angeles. The briefing will air live on Spike TV in the U.S. and Canada and on Xbox.com and Xbox LIVE globally.

https://twitter.com/gamespot/status/335160218428264448

April NPD data is in: Injustice: Gods Among Us was the month's top-selling title; total industry sales slide 25 percent to $495.2 million.

What a fucking trainwreck.  Can't wait to see what the Wii U ends up selling.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 06:53:06 PM by The Experiment »
🍆🍆

Himu

« Reply #4062 on: May 16, 2013, 06:52:35 PM »
25%? What came out in April last year?
IYKYK

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #4063 on: May 16, 2013, 06:53:17 PM »
25%? What came out in April last year?

25% fewer iPad games
乱学者

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #4064 on: May 16, 2013, 07:37:12 PM »
looks rough, wonder how much injustice sold

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #4065 on: May 16, 2013, 07:40:01 PM »
Oscar must be masturbating right now  :P

Seriously though that data sounds fucking terrible

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #4066 on: May 16, 2013, 07:53:02 PM »
don't worry. generational transitions are always difficult. this is just a temporary speedbump on the road to PS4 and Xbox Loop. there is no such thing as an iPhone.
乱学者

mjemirzian

« Reply #4067 on: May 16, 2013, 08:06:44 PM »
Sad news, but gaming will endure.

Himu

IYKYK

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #4069 on: May 16, 2013, 08:23:59 PM »
Hahaha hooooooly shit, everyone has got to be praying hard this is just generational fatigue, that's fucking horrible

Wait til the rest of it comes out
itm

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #4070 on: May 16, 2013, 09:05:14 PM »
If we had a competition this month, Borys would have won, right?

Pringo

« Reply #4071 on: May 16, 2013, 09:05:43 PM »
From GAF:

The percentage in MS PR is include WiiU.

360>ps3>100k>50k>Wii>40k>WiiU>30k

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #4072 on: May 16, 2013, 09:07:06 PM »
Please undersell.

cool breeze

« Reply #4073 on: May 16, 2013, 09:12:13 PM »
Wii U between 40k and 33k.  Vita below 20k.

it's like I'm part of an exclusive club who owns both!

archie4208

« Reply #4074 on: May 16, 2013, 09:29:38 PM »
Hahaha hooooooly shit, everyone has got to be praying hard this is just generational fatigue, that's fucking horrible

Looks like PC gaming will prevail yet again.  :smug

Father_Brain

« Reply #4075 on: May 16, 2013, 09:35:22 PM »
don't worry. generational transitions are always difficult. this is just a temporary speedbump on the road to PS4 and Xbox Loop. there is no such thing as an iPhone.

We live in interesting times.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #4076 on: May 16, 2013, 09:47:05 PM »
So the math says around 35k WiiUs for the month :rofl

I'm going to wet myself if Nintendo reveals WiiFit tomorrow and Ntards get excited

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #4077 on: May 16, 2013, 09:57:20 PM »
Holy fucking shit at those Wii U numbers.

No wonder EA wants nothing to do with that system.  I can expect others to follow suit.  I hope to hell Nintendo has more than just a modest price cut and a 3D Mario.

Nintendo April Numbers:
-Lego City 3DS: 94K digital and physical combined
-Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon: 140K digital and physical combined

Nintendo LTD Numbers:
-Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon: 530K digital and physical combined LTD
-New Super Mario Bros. U: 770K digital and physical combined LTD

lolz
🍆🍆

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #4078 on: May 16, 2013, 10:34:46 PM »
Wii U between 40k and 33k.  Vita below 20k.

it's like I'm part of an exclusive club who owns both!

« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 10:37:07 PM by Purple Filth »

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #4079 on: May 16, 2013, 10:35:55 PM »

No wonder EA wants nothing to do with that system.  I can expect others to follow suit.  I hope to hell Nintendo has more than just a modest price cut and a 3D Mario.

There's Game & Wario!