Author Topic: Sales Bore | Media Create And Other Sale Numbers |OT|  (Read 1190702 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: Oscar-sempai's Sales Thread of Sales Enlightenment for Sales Losers
« Reply #4800 on: December 11, 2013, 12:53:05 PM »
I'm talking about Xbone sales, Himu. Everyone knows handhelds are for idiots.
yar

Himu

« Reply #4801 on: December 11, 2013, 12:54:26 PM »
Oh. You mean the Xbox One, the system that has a better hardcore gamer software launch lineup than ps4? :what
IYKYK

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #4802 on: December 11, 2013, 01:01:05 PM »
I believe his comments were referencing the overwhelming reports (populating among GAFfers) that PS4 is selling 3x-4x more, is OOS everywhere, while xbones are sitting on shelves.

This is basically a reality check for a lot people.
Unzip

« Reply #4803 on: December 11, 2013, 01:04:12 PM »
Oh. You mean the Xbox One, the system that has a better hardcore gamer software launch lineup than ps4? :what

Neither system had a good launch lineup. One was just less shitty than the other.
野球

Himu

« Reply #4804 on: December 11, 2013, 01:04:37 PM »
It doesn't make core gamers irrelevant though, considering xbone is selling to both hardcore and soft core gamers.

Anyways 2 million in just 13 territories is real good.

Neither system had a good launch lineup. One was just less shitty than the other.

I didn't say the lineup was good. I did however say it was better and more appealing to core gamer tastes in games like Dead Rising and Forza. It doing well single handedly makes core gamers relevant by default.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 01:06:54 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #4805 on: December 11, 2013, 01:06:04 PM »
"Core gamers i.e. GAF and co." is how I read it. :yeshrug
Unzip

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #4806 on: December 11, 2013, 01:08:50 PM »
Basically what Shaka said. Don't try to pretend like the asshole hardcore gamer set hasn't basically been publicly masturbating at the prospect of the PS4 shitting all over the Xbone saleswise for months now.

Note: I have no dog in this fight. If I were getting one, I'd probably get a PS4 because multi-player gaming is less important to me, it's $100 less, etc. But I don't give a shit. I just like laughing at assholes.
yar

Himu

« Reply #4807 on: December 11, 2013, 01:09:24 PM »
Has Sony even shipped new units? MS shipped new Ones. I think they'll take Christmas. :sabu Sony :neogaf
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4808 on: December 11, 2013, 01:11:12 PM »
Dead Rising 3 was worth the X1 launch for me.  So good. 

Himu

« Reply #4809 on: December 11, 2013, 01:14:08 PM »
Ah. No wonder. Because when I think of gaf the last thing I think of is hardcore gamers. when I think of hardcore gamers I think of Daigo or Iconoclast.
IYKYK

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #4810 on: December 11, 2013, 02:09:03 PM »
Reality is a bitch.

We'll see what NPD says tomorrow.
cat

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4811 on: December 11, 2013, 02:13:35 PM »
:bow Aikatsu! 2-nin no My Princess :bow2
©@©™

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4812 on: December 11, 2013, 02:26:18 PM »
Guys but seriously Sony has a big lead over MS already, MS has sold less, in more time, while actually being in stock.

Ps4 sold out in a day on both continents.

This is MS control damage prior to npd ass whooping. Not to mention Europe where boner is doa.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4813 on: December 11, 2013, 02:28:55 PM »
Basically what Shaka said. Don't try to pretend like the asshole hardcore gamer set hasn't basically been publicly masturbating at the prospect of the PS4 shitting all over the Xbone saleswise for months now.

Note: I have no dog in this fight. If I were getting one, I'd probably get a PS4 because multi-player gaming is less important to me, it's $100 less, etc. But I don't give a shit. I just like laughing at assholes.

Sony went from 3rd place in the us, to fastest selling console ever.

That is shitting all over MS.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #4814 on: December 11, 2013, 02:29:17 PM »
ugh
dur

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #4815 on: December 11, 2013, 02:30:08 PM »
2mil is impressive for XB1. I wonder if it'll get it's first price cut next holiday season?

cool breeze

« Reply #4816 on: December 11, 2013, 02:31:50 PM »
There really isn't a loser between the two.  I think that's why certain folk are upset. 

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4817 on: December 11, 2013, 02:33:44 PM »
There really isn't a loser between the two.  I think that's why certain folk are upset.

Well the loser is the wiiu, next gen is off to a flying start without it.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4818 on: December 11, 2013, 04:26:27 PM »

Definitely. You can tell the hardcore folks are just completely dismissive of casual gamers, as I said in the GAF thread. CoD, Madden, Halo, etc drive casual gaming interest. They don't care about tech nearly as much as GAF thinks, in fact they don't even know what ram is.

XB1 will be fine, especially if the NFL deal expands.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4819 on: December 11, 2013, 04:54:56 PM »
Fine is being outsold 3/2 2/1 worldwide by ps4 yes?

1-1 in american and 3:1 in europe, 5:1 in japan.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #4820 on: December 11, 2013, 05:03:25 PM »
Even in America

75,000 to 25,000 in Europe

50,000 to 10,000 in Japan

Seems livable

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Obviously I'm lying about the numbers Lager, but JESUS CHRIST YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM
[close]
yar

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #4821 on: December 11, 2013, 05:15:40 PM »
Fine is being outsold 3/2 2/1 worldwide by ps4 yes?

1-1 in american and 3:1 in europe, 5:1 in japan.

0:0 in Japan*

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4822 on: December 11, 2013, 05:45:15 PM »
Im sorry guys please understand that I only mean half of what im
saying half the time.

But I think my estimate will prove rather good for the ratios.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4823 on: December 11, 2013, 05:46:35 PM »
Either Lager is trolling you guys or he actually cares this much.  Either way: Haha

Edit: Trolling it seems.  Darn.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4824 on: December 11, 2013, 05:46:55 PM »
Let's wait for some sell-through numbers before anyone melts down.  Shipping a ton of units and reports of piles of units sitting in stores unsold aren't logically incongruent.

All of the hardware companies have been guilty at times of channel-stuffing and using the shipped numbers to puff themselves up.

Oscar you think MS sold through 2 million to consumers?

Im really curious.

Bebpo

« Reply #4825 on: December 11, 2013, 05:51:03 PM »
I'm happy the HD Twins are doing well as it shows the market for core gaming is still healthy as long as you reasonably budget your games and don't ass fuck your customers like Forza/NBA2K14/GT6 are doing.

Otoh, it's a bit odd that Xbone is doing as well as it is.  Just shows how bad Sony fucked up their company's position in the USA over the last 7 years.  Normally two systems with generally equal software, where one is $100 more and is weaker with worse 3rd party games would sell far less systems than the other system.  But Xbox brand is very strong in the US (people just refer to videogames as = xbox for instance, like they used to call all videogames "nintendo" decades ago) and Playstation brand has fallen a lot so in the end they'll be neck and neck.  Personally I think a lot of this coincides with the death of Japanese game taste in the USA, and companies that go for a more global audience are having a hard time competing with dudebro MS image of CoD/Madden bros.  Plus whenever Sony attempts to copy Nintendo or MS they fall hard like Playstation Allstars and Killzone.  Sony's just best at sticking to their original titles, but those original titles like Puppeteer or Sly Cooper, SoTC, or Siren, Gravity Daze, or Beyond don't have any USA appeal at all.  Their only brand with USA appeal is God of War (killing things violently), Uncharted (shooting things violently) and used to be Gran Turismo (doing things boringly), but the latter's dead at this point. 

If XB was the same price as PS4, it'd be non-surprising to see it selling as well, even with weaker hardware/3rd party because at the end of the day 95% of people buying a system don't care about system power as shown by the Wii, but you'd think $100 difference would've made a huge difference in sales between the two just on the principal of $100 is $100.  Then again, I think a lot of Xbone sales are because PS4 doesn't exist anywhere and it's either Xbone or no new system for you this xmas.  Sony should've done a better job with supply.

Himu

« Reply #4826 on: December 11, 2013, 05:54:58 PM »
A month of a new launch system doing good numbers does not mean core gaming is still healthy.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4827 on: December 11, 2013, 05:58:03 PM »
Its a hollow victory if games on these core platforms will take after mobile games and be full of microtransactions etc.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #4828 on: December 11, 2013, 06:23:04 PM »
The language he used was very specific, so if the number *does* end up being "too optimistic" then... :ufup

Unzip

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4829 on: December 11, 2013, 06:34:55 PM »
Well he also said the truth about the xbone power would be revealed when we see the games...
And that you know, there really isn't a big gap in power.

Takao

« Reply #4830 on: December 12, 2013, 12:39:04 AM »
Microsoft said they sold over a million units to consumers in less than 24 hours over their 13 release countries. I initially thought they were talking about shipments because the sales day wasn't even over in most of the world by the time that press release was out. I didn't even know you could track sales that quickly.

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #4831 on: December 12, 2013, 12:55:00 AM »
I'm happy the HD Twins are doing well as it shows the market for core gaming is still healthy as long as you reasonably budget your games and don't ass fuck your customers like Forza/NBA2K14/GT6 are doing.

What ripoff in NBA2k14?  I heard GT6 wasn't that bad. 

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #4832 on: December 12, 2013, 01:06:46 AM »
Microsoft said they sold over a million units to consumers in less than 24 hours over their 13 release countries. I initially thought they were talking about shipments because the sales day wasn't even over in most of the world by the time that press release was out. I didn't even know you could track sales that quickly.

PR can do miracles.
cat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #4834 on: December 12, 2013, 01:35:12 AM »
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303330204579251221692606100

TOKYO—Japan overtook the U.S. to become the world's No. 1 country in app store revenue, thanks to an explosion in growth of smartphone and tablet games.

Japanese consumers spent roughly 10% more than U.S. consumers did on all apps found on smartphones and tablets in October, according to app tracker App Annie. That amount is triple the spending in South Korea and six times that in Great Britain. Just a year ago, Japanese consumers spent 40% less than U.S. consumers.
cat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4835 on: December 12, 2013, 03:30:21 AM »
Nintendo has to make their next handheld a smartphone hybrid with android but also an exclusive nintendeo E-shop only available on this device if they are still so fucking reluctant to release mobile games.

Something like what Amazon is doing with Kindle.

When it's sink or swim you got to think to win.
-Ice Cube

Damian79

« Reply #4836 on: December 12, 2013, 04:13:10 AM »
Iwata should resign because of the comments he made in regards to the wii u and retiring, however why Miyamoto?  It isnt like Nintendo is in the red.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #4837 on: December 12, 2013, 04:35:55 AM »

« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 04:37:47 AM by maxy »
cat

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #4838 on: December 12, 2013, 09:36:07 AM »
Iwata should resign because of the comments he made in regards to the wii u and retiring, however why Miyamoto?  It isnt like Nintendo is in the red.

Was it Miyamoto's idea to stock up on USD assets? That's why Nintendo's been in the black.

« Reply #4839 on: December 12, 2013, 10:26:11 AM »
I'm not talking about resigning.  I'm talking about they're going to need new fucking jobs.  All Nintendo has left is the handheld market, and that's pretty much only healthy in Japan.  If the smartphone market continues to expand here the way it has in the last couple of years, they're not even going to have that anymore.

I only see mobile as a threat to traditional gaming and traditional handhelds if Nintendo continue to view it as a threat rather than an opportunity. There are no Link Between Worlds or Mario 3D Lands on mobile phones, nor should there be necessarily -- they should be taking their Picrosses, Pokedexes and Pushmos and leveraging them on mobile and social to advertise fuller experiences on handhelds and consoles IMO. Do small things that get the logo in front of people and get them hooked.

There's the danger that if they did, that alone would be enough for people, but its better than just pretending that segment of the market is something they can't acknowledge, let alone step into. If some bizzarro world existed where they were capable of throwing out a 'third pillar' Gameboy / DS branded phone, via a partnership, the way Google partners with Asus or Samsung on Nexus -- they'd probably even dominate. Whereas I don't think Sony have been fully behind PS Mobile capable phones, I think if Nintendo tried that strategy they'd actually be pretty good at it and have a lot of content to use. I think they're a ways off being marginalised any further in handhelds for a little while, but you're right in that market forces will either force change or further hurt them.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4840 on: December 12, 2013, 10:53:57 AM »
iwata better start prepping his resume

miyamoto too, if anyone's willing to hire a manchild whose genius expired in the clinton years

The Pokemon franchise has Nintendo already prepared for an IAP future, though. Gotta buy'em all!
©@©™

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #4841 on: December 12, 2013, 03:00:56 PM »
nah if nintendo made an IAP game it would be animal crossing,that thing is basicaly a social/facebook game already
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 03:24:28 PM by magus »
<----

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #4842 on: December 12, 2013, 03:16:59 PM »
Actually, a Nintendo CCG would fit in with their company history and allow them to expand it out as far as they want. A genre that's already dominated by IAP schemes and people conditioned to accept it.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #4843 on: December 12, 2013, 05:53:00 PM »
Geoff Keighley verified
Sony has just said that PS4 was the top selling next-gen platform in November for "both hardware and software" per NPD.
USA

fizzel

« Reply #4844 on: December 12, 2013, 05:59:56 PM »
Who gives a toss, we wanna know how much the wii tanked.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4845 on: December 12, 2013, 06:13:48 PM »
@geoffkeighley

Xbox One sold 909,132 units in November in US

:geoff

Bebpo

« Reply #4846 on: December 12, 2013, 06:17:25 PM »
Very impressive for MS.  Everyone thought the number would be around 300-600k.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4847 on: December 12, 2013, 06:17:59 PM »
@CVG_News 1m

Correction: Xbox One outsells PS4 in the US, though Sony's console outsells across North America (inc Canada)

edit: tweet has been deleted
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 06:24:27 PM by Phoenix Dark »

Bebpo

« Reply #4848 on: December 12, 2013, 06:20:54 PM »
Holy shit.  USA is Xbox land confirmed.  GAF is going to die.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #4849 on: December 12, 2013, 06:21:28 PM »
If that tweet was true it's since been deleted
vin

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4850 on: December 12, 2013, 06:24:15 PM »
The tweet has been deleted. According to GAF, CVG misunderstood a press release

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #4851 on: December 12, 2013, 06:32:24 PM »
Ps4 vs Xbox1 is boring. Can't wait for  wiiu
dur

Himu

IYKYK

cool breeze

« Reply #4853 on: December 12, 2013, 06:37:28 PM »
I managed to click on a thread in between crashes.  People rolling with 3DS beating PS4? Nintendo Family is BACK.

uh, Mario came out in November, right?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4854 on: December 12, 2013, 06:39:45 PM »
No Mario, no Zelda
:rofl

Baiano19

« Reply #4855 on: December 12, 2013, 06:42:12 PM »
Ps4 vs Xbox1 is boring. Can't wait for  wiiu

I wonder how undead a system can be.

Watch out, this could very well beat the Dreamcast

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #4856 on: December 12, 2013, 06:43:16 PM »
can i get a 199 wii u now plz
nat

Takao

« Reply #4857 on: December 12, 2013, 06:51:35 PM »
I managed to click on a thread in between crashes.  People rolling with 3DS beating PS4? Nintendo Family is BACK.

uh, Mario came out in November, right?

Sounds like 3DS is under 800k, so less than PS4. That's not great for Nintendo given the 2DS sales, Zelda, and Pokemon.

Himu

« Reply #4858 on: December 12, 2013, 06:53:07 PM »
I think 800k units is still pretty great. How is that not great?
IYKYK

Himu

IYKYK