Author Topic: Cruncheons 29: Wii U, Kickstarter, Tales of Graces, Walking Dead #1  (Read 12892 times)

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
http://cruncheons.podbean.com/mf/web/njdfu3/Cruncheons29.mp3

In our first segment, Doug, Arian, Ryan, and Kevin take on some rumored Wii U launch games, and look at the recent Kickstarter upsurge. In segment 2 we talk about Mortal Kombat Vita, Tales of Graces, Torchlight, and The Walking Dead, among others.

Talk to you again soon!
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
sup

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Downloading for home listening

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
Downloading for homo listening

fixed
brb

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Don't have much to say except this:

dog

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
DEREK SMART! He wants to make games where you can jump out of your spaceship and fall all the way to earth and die.
o_0

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Oh, actually I do have something to say other than that. I'm going to have call Prole out here a bit, with regard to complaining about some of the major game Kickstarters preying on nostalgia and hoary franchises. As of right now, there's probably more major game Kickstarters that are about brand new games than there are reboots/sequels of old games. You've got Jane Jensen, Tim Schafer, and Two Guys from Andromeda doing new adventure games unrelated to their previous work, then there's Grim Dawn, Starlight Inception, The Banner Saga, and even Republique [despite obviously taking a page from Metal Gear]. The only sequels/reboots that really come to mind are Wasteland 2, Leisure Suit Larry, Shadowrun, and Carmageddon.

And even games like Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun appealed more to me from the genre buzzwords [RPG, post-apocalyptic, party-based, cyberpunk, ect.] than they did on the merits of the name and developer pedigree alone. Like, if the Shadowrun guys were doing a new Shadowrun game but it was a third-person shooter, I'd far, FAR less interested.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 11:37:49 AM by Great Rumbler »
dog

MrAngryFace

I do agree that its nice to see SOMETHING before putting money down
o_0

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I do agree that its nice to see SOMETHING before putting money down

For me, it depends on the game and the people involved. Also depends on how much I'm being asked to spend? $50? Yeah, show me your work. $15? Eh, I'm not quite so inflexible there.
dog

MrAngryFace

dont look at me- I put money into a donut cart ill never even see with my own eyes ;)
o_0

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
here's the rub: i hate adventure games, and i hate jane jensen, and i hate tim schafer. they suck, and it's only nostalgia that props up their desiccated careers. so there. harumph.
duc

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
here's the rub: i hate adventure games, and i hate jane jensen, and i hate tim schafer. they suck, and it's only nostalgia that props up their desiccated careers. so there. harumph.

:patel
dog

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
Is this podcast a bit like the Gamerdork podcast?
:{]

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
well, we are dorks
sup

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
I guess, but the aforementioned is teeth-grindingly awful. Yours isn't I presume. What episode should I break my cherry with?

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
Also there are no speech defects I hope.

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
doug has a lisp, kevin has a southern twang, aryan has this weird UH like voice modulation problem, and ryan talks like a stoned gamestop clerk.

hope this helps!
うぐう

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
Ok. There's a lisp. And there's a guy who's channeling Robert Ashley. Or maybe everyone.

2 minutes.

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
Guys what the hell.

3 mins

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
Alex Jones

4 mins

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
Suppressed molestation stories.

5 mins.

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
Massively fixation.

5 mins'intomm 6

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
The guy whom rants about Mario has serious repressed issues.

8 mins

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
Drunk people gesticulating about Nintinedo.
With passive nerd-rays engaged.

9 mins

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
Hindu The Beast God, this isn't an ego-fluffing post, but I always enjoy your words and opinions.

Anyway, I think it's fantastic that Kill List is garnering such a huge following. Wheatley massively deserves all of the magical glory for a really satisfying horror flick. Sightseers is pretty much a must see.

It's also reassuring to see that the UK still has the edge on the USs' skill-set of horror. As a general rule Euro horror is much more satisfying, on a consistent level, than maybe say Asian or American horror?

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
you should probably stop listening
sup

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
No guys.

This is wrong.

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
you should probably stop listening
Maybe not. But its very white sounding.

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
I kinda think that podcasts are a bit like having aspergers.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
as opposed to offering a minute-by-minute commentary on them?
sup

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
Guys. Seriously.

Nintendo hate. That bleeds into real life.

25 mins

It froze, so I,had to skip.

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
Nope. It's really objectively bad.

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
Sorry.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
no, i think we're sorry. if you'd like your no-credits back, please submit your udp packets to someonewhocares.com:1337
duc

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
Well. I think it's heat.

I'm sorry that it's not in my taste valley. Genuinely, the thing is you guys should go more full-on. The Egyptians had a saying about the tongue being life's rudder. Its so true.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Every time I read one of Martin's posts, I can almost understand what he's saying. It's like listening to someone speak German, in that some of the words are vaguely familiar but the whole is ultimately incomprehensible.
dog

MrAngryFace

Yeah I dunno, people on the internet dont like things- and others dont like them for not liking things- newsflash more at 11 etc
o_0

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
Every time I read one of Martin's posts, I can almost understand what he's saying. It's like listening to someone speak German, in that some of the words are vaguely familiar but the whole is ultimately incomprehensible.

He's trying really, really hard.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed

He's trying really, really hard.
And failing. :P
Hi

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
Yeah. So I felt pretty bad about belittling something people had the patience to actually create. It's so easy so shout snide little passive-agrresive put downs from the sidelines.

I think Barry Perkins might have an Internet beef with me.

So being a dick about

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man

You're just mad that they replaced "Choose Your Own Adventure" books.

I can't wait to hear about Prole's journey to Digipen.
野球

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
It's a shame you stopped listening Raperman, we spent the last 5 minutes of the 'cast discussing the best way to get something out of your urethra.
yar

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
This is the first one I've listened to, enjoying it so far.

and I'm sorry but everytime of you speaks I'm reminded of this guy

itm

Enl

I second Kevin's recommendation to bring back the Borecast 7 challenge. It'll be a nice change up from the recent episodes, which have been mostly just gaming talk. Also I miss the Tom Chick reenactments and Indefensible. Basically I'm just nostalgic for the old Borecast.  :-\
mmm

Human Snorenado

• Icon
I actually look a lot like Brian Posehn.  :-\

Recording ep. 30 right now, tho!
yar

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I second Kevin's recommendation to bring back the Borecast 7 challenge. It'll be a nice change up from the recent episodes, which have been mostly just gaming talk. Also I miss the Tom Chick reenactments and Indefensible. Basically I'm just nostalgic for the old Borecast.  :-\

That's Jack Chick, not Tom Chick:

http://www.chick.com/default.asp

I third another round of the Borecast 7 challenge.  Also some non-gaming (and non-book) topics would be nice.  I suspect a lot of this is because of scheduling conflicts but I enjoyed hearing stories about cracking kids with a tire iron or getting beat up by a bunch of Marines or traveling several states to follow some chick.

Keep up the good work though.
🍆🍆

Enl

I'm getting my Chicks all mixed up.
mmm

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Unfortunately the next 2 will probably be vidya oriented just because of the way stuff is breaking down out here IN THE REAL WORLD, what with D3's release and then in a couple of weeks E3.  I could get behind some non-nerd stories though, we've barely mined my sordid and shameful past.
yar

MrAngryFace

I also think folks are just busy- hard to get a real agenda together. Its that time o year at workplaces where shits n fans are living together
o_0

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
 Cruncheons 30: Diablo 3, nothing else matters
©ZH

huckleberry

How do you guys record the show? With Skype and edited with Audacity?
wub

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Kevin (Eel O'brien) does all the technical stuff, the rest of us just kind of show up and make asses of ourselves.  I know we use skype, and I think he uses a program called Pamela?  Not sure.
yar