Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| THE DARKEST TIMELINE  (Read 2369598 times)

Himu

Re: US Politics Thread |OT| THE DARKEST TIMELINE
« Reply #22800 on: November 09, 2016, 02:29:22 PM »
IYKYK

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #22801 on: November 09, 2016, 02:32:27 PM »

Even Colbert couldn't brighten things up. Dark days are ahead.

TBH Jon Stewart shared 17% of the blame
:O

Himu

« Reply #22802 on: November 09, 2016, 02:49:03 PM »

Hillary truly deserved to be president. I can't imagine Trump being nearly as graceful as this.
IYKYK

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #22803 on: November 09, 2016, 03:09:21 PM »
Every leader in the world rushing to brown nose already except Angela Merkel.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-elected-us-president-wins-election-response-germany-france-merkel-hollande-putin-a7407426.html

Merkel says she will work with President-elect if he offers 'respect for human beings, independently of origin, skin colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political views'

Germany not fucking around and already letting him know they won't have his shit. France ain't exactly charmed either. :whew

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #22804 on: November 09, 2016, 03:11:01 PM »
Have Germans lecture you on race relations as a country breh :tocry
que

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #22805 on: November 09, 2016, 03:11:05 PM »
Hopefully you idiots pick a less criminal minded leader next time.

I'd rather just keep doubling down until it finally works.
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #22806 on: November 09, 2016, 03:11:28 PM »
:bow GERMANY :bow2
IYKYK

Boredfrom

« Reply #22807 on: November 09, 2016, 03:17:10 PM »
Merkel fuck ups are not inspiring to be honest even if I agree ideologically with her.

The people that love to use Trump rethoric are the ones that are already in odds with her to begin with and wanted him to win.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #22808 on: November 09, 2016, 03:19:13 PM »
Like when Gore lost to Bush I was upset about the whole popular vote thing but now I just realize if you win that by a slight difference like Hillary but lose the electorate by so much you are playing the game wrong

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22809 on: November 09, 2016, 03:21:47 PM »
Clinton's campaign outspent Trump yet still lost.  7 to 1 on televisions ads and 75 to 1 on radio.

Would probably have been more cost effective for Hillary to just straight up buy votes.
ὕβρις

Boredfrom

« Reply #22810 on: November 09, 2016, 03:24:00 PM »
Like when Gore lost to Bush I was upset about the whole popular vote thing but now I just realize if you win that by a slight difference like Hillary but lose the electorate by so much you are playing the game wrong

I kind of agree but is also bad for both candidates and the nation, specially after a bitter fight like that. Even Trump, at least for the moment, needed to aknwoledge the Teleprompter to not cause panic.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #22811 on: November 09, 2016, 03:27:48 PM »
Michael David Smith ‏@MichaelDavSmith 6m6 minutes ago

Pundits told us women and Latinos would propel Clinton to victory. Nope. Clinton underperformed 2012 Obama among Latina women by 8 points.

jesus...

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22812 on: November 09, 2016, 03:32:48 PM »

Pundits told us women and Latinos would propel Clinton to victory. Nope. Clinton underperformed 2012 Obama among Latina women by 8 points.

jesus...

I guess all these women who voted for him are okay to be grabbed by the pussy on the street now? When can I come to the US to grab some random street pussy

maybe some latino street pussy too
What

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #22813 on: November 09, 2016, 03:36:50 PM »
Hillary truly deserved to be president. I can't imagine Trump being nearly as graceful as this.

he might have at least turned up at his own party though.

Boredfrom

« Reply #22814 on: November 09, 2016, 03:39:02 PM »

jesus...

I guess all these women who voted for him are okay to be grabbed by the pussy on the street now? When can I come to the US to grab some random street pussy

maybe some latino street pussy too

The rationale has been consisntent for better or worse "I dislike Trump but I want to shake things up".

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #22816 on: November 09, 2016, 04:02:14 PM »
There was some article posted a while back on here where an ivory tower coastal elite Democrat was posting about how it's time to just dump the moribund white working class Middle American. Wish I could find a link cuz it was the perfect summation of the DNC's arrogance this election.
^_^

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #22817 on: November 09, 2016, 04:07:39 PM »
This new fucktard thinks I'm an SJW and a liberal, awesome.

And the only person here to vote Trump at that too
No care for accuracy when you float by a site just to dig at imaginary ess jay double-u's

Himu

« Reply #22818 on: November 09, 2016, 04:16:47 PM »
AiA voted for Trump?

:dead

Black republicans :dead

A black man voting for someone endorsed by the KKK. I can't!  :neogaf
IYKYK

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #22819 on: November 09, 2016, 04:18:20 PM »
AiA voted for Trump?

Well I assumed he did given his political stance.
Too be fair, I haven't bothered much with political threads anywhere
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 04:25:49 PM by OnlyRegret »

Boredfrom

« Reply #22820 on: November 09, 2016, 04:20:04 PM »
AiA voted for Trump?

But this is the reality, and has been for years. And laughing about it is not going to change their point of view.

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #22821 on: November 09, 2016, 04:24:34 PM »
http://michaelmoore.com/trumpwillwin/

Yep. It still hurts to read since it was completely right then and was proven right last night. :goty :goty2

Anyone point out that all the swing states Hillary lost were won by Bernie during the primaries? Just checking.

Himu

« Reply #22822 on: November 09, 2016, 04:25:10 PM »
AiA voted for Trump?

But this is the reality, and has been for years. And laughing about it is not going to change their point of view.

Who tf are you? What reality? I'm laughing because I can't understand it not because I want to change their view at all. I know for a fact you can't change the view of someone of that raccoon type of leaning.  :doge
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22823 on: November 09, 2016, 04:25:34 PM »
AiA voted for Trump?

So what is? Because sounds to me like a black man voting for a man endorsed by the KKK is like some uncle tom shit.
What

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #22824 on: November 09, 2016, 04:26:34 PM »

Yep. It still hurts to read since it was completely right then and was proven right last night. :goty :goty2

Anyone point out that all the swing states Hillary lost were won by Bernie during the primaries? Just checking.

He kinda hit the targets.
rub

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #22825 on: November 09, 2016, 04:30:09 PM »
Well this is just great. I don't like to get personal but I'm going to. I think I'm going a little GAF.

This Thursday I will have been married to my wife for 21 years. She and I have been through some rough times that I'm not willing to share, but tonight I can't look at her. I came into the bedroom and I left before I got upset. I went back in and desperately didn't want to jostle the bed to wake her up.  My wife was raped by two men when she was 18, and had her virginity taken from her. She nebver really dealt with it, and we're trying to explore options to help her to this day, 35 years later. It's hard. On both of us, on our marriage, on our daughter.

And tonight I don't want to tell her that the new President is Donald Trump, oil' take what you want, grab 'em by the pussy, Trump. Every time she moves I get a chill thinking I have to tell her.

I know, livejournal.

UPDATE.

My wife asked me who won the election, said "ha, I told you so! America is not ready for a woman President and won't be for a long time" and proceeded to laugh directly at me when I told her my story of not waking her up. Then she hugged me.

Trump still bites it.
rub

Boredfrom

« Reply #22826 on: November 09, 2016, 04:31:06 PM »

Yep. It still hurts to read. :goty :goty2

Thought he flip floped has hell, still a lot ring true, specially this

And before we do, let me state, I actually like Hillary – a lot – and I think she has been given a bad rap she doesn’t deserve. But her vote for the Iraq War made me promise her that I would never vote for her again. To date, I haven’t broken that promise. For the sake of preventing a proto-fascist from becoming our commander-in-chief, I’m breaking that promise.

After that, I knew that it was going to be difficult times regardless of who won.

« Reply #22827 on: November 09, 2016, 04:57:18 PM »

He kinda hit the targets.

He was right about everything.  Christ.
ǚ

Boredfrom

« Reply #22828 on: November 09, 2016, 04:59:42 PM »
AiA voted for Trump?

Who tf are you? What reality? I'm laughing because I can't understand it not because I want to change their view at all. I know for a fact you can't change the view of someone of that raccoon type of leaning.  :doge

Just saying, people laughed about it but Trump still got more minority votes than Romney.

Himu

« Reply #22829 on: November 09, 2016, 05:03:58 PM »
That doesn't mean I can't be confused as to why any black person would vote for someone who was endorsed by the KKK.
IYKYK

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #22830 on: November 09, 2016, 05:06:52 PM »
Himu, I'm sorry for being abrasive in the other thread  :'(

Boredfrom

« Reply #22831 on: November 09, 2016, 05:08:38 PM »
That doesn't mean I can't be confused as to why any black person would vote for someone who was endorsed by the KKK.

You are right aboout that, I concede.

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #22832 on: November 09, 2016, 05:21:46 PM »
Nah I didnt vote for Trump or Clinton. I wrote in Busta Rhymes.

I went straight GOP locally :yeshrug
YMMV

Bebpo

« Reply #22833 on: November 09, 2016, 05:29:44 PM »
Doing a lot of soul searching as a result of this.  I figure there's 3 ways to go from here on out :

1.  Ignore everything, play videogames and hope it doesn't effect you aka. head in the sand.  This is lame and cowardish.

2.  Don't change anything, be aware of everything going on, be kind to those around you, be vocal online and to people you know about what's going on, and be regularly shocked and depressed at the state of events in the nation.  This will be status quo & probably regularly depressing.

3.  Be pro-active and look into ways to raise awareness and doing everything you can to try to change things in 4 years.  This takes a lot of effort, may eventually prove a failed effort and horribly depressing, but is optimistic, hopeful and feels good doing the right thing.

Gonna look around and see what I can do to be pro-active in my local community.  Also going to dissociate myself from the gaming community (aka neogaf) as a lot of things have been confirmed to me in the last few days about a good portion of the people who watch anime or play jrpgs on gaf.  They live in a creepy weird bubble and I just find it's not a group I want to be interacting with.  Tried to delete my profile but didn't see an option so when duckroll wakes up going to have him ban me for life.  The bore is fine though, everyone's cool here for the most part.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22834 on: November 09, 2016, 05:32:34 PM »
GAF fucking sucks anyway. They are all in their little bubble and anyone who disagrees gets banned or dogpiled on. Regarding anything basically.

Even tho I dont live in the US im still pretty shook that this shit actually happened. I'm scared of what Russia might do if the US decides to pull out of NATO and give Russia free reign to do whatever the fuck they want.

What

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #22835 on: November 09, 2016, 05:35:30 PM »
Hillary truly deserved to be president.
:kobeyuck

Boredfrom

« Reply #22836 on: November 09, 2016, 05:38:01 PM »
Doing a lot of soul searching as a result of this.  I figure there's 3 ways to go from here on out :

1.  Ignore everything, play videogames and hope it doesn't effect you aka. head in the sand.  This is lame and cowardish.

2.  Don't change anything, be aware of everything going on, be kind to those around you, be vocal online and to people you know about what's going on, and be regularly shocked and depressed at the state of events in the nation.  This will be status quo & probably regularly depressing.

3.  Be pro-active and look into ways to raise awareness and doing everything you can to try to change things in 4 years.  This takes a lot of effort, may eventually prove a failed effort and horribly depressing, but is optimistic, hopeful and feels good doing the right thing.

Gonna look around and see what I can do to be pro-active in my local community.  Also going to dissociate myself from the gaming community (aka neogaf) as a lot of things have been confirmed to me in the last few days about a good portion of the people who watch anime or play jrpgs on gaf.  They live in a creepy weird bubble and I just find it's not a group I want to be interacting with.  Tried to delete my profile but didn't see an option so when duckroll wakes up going to have him ban me for life.  The bore is fine though, everyone's cool here for the most part.

Just try not to be trapped in a bubble of your own, thought. People that didnt interact with anime GAF but have anime avatars where not exactly welcomed in the rest of that forum, so it can go both ways,

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #22837 on: November 09, 2016, 05:57:44 PM »
Lots of groups are going to need money for the next few years, from marriage equality to reproductive rights to climate change.

Just remember to donate anonymously and in cash that you never touched. A thank you card isn't worth getting on a list, especially with all the additional financial surveillance in the name of combating terrorism that's already on the books.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #22838 on: November 09, 2016, 05:58:46 PM »
nah you're alright mate, i'll stick with facebook likes for my charity activism.

benjipwns

« Reply #22839 on: November 09, 2016, 06:07:18 PM »
http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/an-american-tragedy-donald-trump
The election of Donald Trump to the Presidency is nothing less than a tragedy for the American republic, a tragedy for the Constitution, and a triumph for the forces, at home and abroad, of nativism, authoritarianism, misogyny, and racism. Trump’s shocking victory, his ascension to the Presidency, is a sickening event in the history of the United States and liberal democracy. On January 20, 2017, we will bid farewell to the first African-American President—a man of integrity, dignity, and generous spirit—and witness the inauguration of a con who did little to spurn endorsement by forces of xenophobia and white supremacy. It is impossible to react to this moment with anything less than revulsion and profound anxiety.

There are, inevitably, miseries to come: an increasingly reactionary Supreme Court; an emboldened right-wing Congress; a President whose disdain for women and minorities, civil liberties and scientific fact, to say nothing of simple decency, has been repeatedly demonstrated. Trump is vulgarity unbounded, a knowledge-free national leader who will not only set markets tumbling but will strike fear into the hearts of the vulnerable, the weak, and, above all, the many varieties of Other whom he has so deeply insulted. The African-American Other. The Hispanic Other. The female Other. The Jewish and Muslim Other. The most hopeful way to look at this grievous event—and it’s a stretch—is that this election and the years to follow will be a test of the strength, or the fragility, of American institutions. It will be a test of our seriousness and resolve.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/education/2016/11/09/des-moines-students-walkout-donald-trump-election-president/93539892/
Hundreds of students walked out of several Des Moines-area high schools Wednesday morning in protest of Donald Trump's presidential election victory.

Chanting "Let's Dump Donald Trump" or "F--- Donald Trump," teens linked arms at East, broke into song at Roosevelt and chanted in Spanish at Hoover. In addition, about 20 students walked out of Valley in West Des Moines.

The schools allowed the student-organized protests, which lasted 15 to 45 minutes, giving participants unexcused absences.

"The rhetoric of this past election has caused many concerns and divisions," Des Moines Public Schools spokesman Phil Roeder said in a statement issued right before the walkout. "The school district will not stand in the way of our students peacefully expressing their concerns."

Teens used social media to coordinate the 10:30 a.m. walkout, which coincided with Hillary Clinton's concession speech. Students designated leaders to start chants and reminded them to be respectful, although protests devolved at times into cursing and obscene gestures.

“There’s a lot of tension,” organizer Jalesha Johnson, a senior at East, said. “I wanted to show that this generation does care, and we won’t sit quietly when we have an opportunity to say something.”

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/11/white_won.html
White Won
We are still the country that produced George Wallace. We are still the country that killed Emmett Till.
“I can’t believe this. I just can’t believe it,” said one of the officers, the younger of the two. The other just shook his head. I asked the younger officer what he thought about all of this—about President Donald Trump. “This is deep, man. This is deep. Who am I supposed to be protecting now?” He looked down at his uniform. “Why am I wearing this?”

http://sd24.senate.ca.gov/news/2016-11-09-joint-statement-california-legislative-leaders-result-presidential-election
Today, we woke up feeling like strangers in a foreign land, because yesterday Americans expressed their views on a pluralistic and democratic society that are clearly inconsistent with the values of the people of California.

We have never been more proud to be Californians.

By a margin in the millions, Californians overwhelmingly rejected politics fueled by resentment, bigotry, and misogyny.

The largest state of the union and the strongest driver of our nation’s economy has shown it has its surest conscience as well.

California is – and must always be – a refuge of justice and opportunity for people of all walks, talks, ages and aspirations – regardless of how you look, where you live, what language you speak, or who you love.

California has long set an example for other states to follow. And California will defend its people and our progress. We are not going to allow one election to reverse generations of progress at the height of our historic diversity, scientific advancement, economic output, and sense of global responsibility.

We will be reaching out to federal, state and local officials to evaluate how a Trump Presidency will potentially impact federal funding of ongoing state programs, job-creating investments reliant on foreign trade, and federal enforcement of laws affecting the rights of people living in our state. We will maximize the time during the presidential transition to defend our accomplishments using every tool at our disposal.

While Donald Trump may have won the presidency, he hasn’t changed our values. America is greater than any one man or party. We will not be dragged back into the past. We will lead the resistance to any effort that would shred our social fabric or our Constitution.

California was not a part of this nation when its history began, but we are clearly now the keeper of its future.

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/305117-celebs-who-said-theyd-leave-country-if-trump-won

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #22840 on: November 09, 2016, 06:07:37 PM »
Am I off base in thinking that even the slogans sealed Hillary's fate?

"Make America Great Again"  :ohhh

vs.

"I'm with Her"  :what

....she really had no chance at all, did she?

Her low energy campaign was garbage from start to finish.

She is Martha Coakley.

Oh and Reddit made The_Donald a featured subreddit.

Fuck reddit.

Fuck nerds.

Spez: Ayyyy lmao. (Old post, don't bother with it)

Anyway, what's hilarious to me is getting Brits that voted for British Exit into a furor.

"America, everyone is laughing at you!"
"Yeah, well you voted for the same thing months ago. #Glasshousesdontthrowstones"
"(Impotent rage and Triggering intensifies) BUT THEY AREN'T THE SAME THING!"
"Redcoats, please. If you can't see the parallels between how these two things happened, that's on you."

Bebpo

« Reply #22841 on: November 09, 2016, 06:14:07 PM »
Uh, so that California statement is nice and all since I'm from California and have some respect for our state, but we say blah blah blah we're so such great angelic progressive people holding the nation together and yet instead of abolishing the death penalty we voted to kill people faster and we didn't vote on the Sanders 61 to attempt to fuck with the drug pricing industry and see how it plays out.  But yeah, we got weed.  That's nice and I'd been waiting for that for a while (not as a smoker, but people shouldn't get in trouble for it; fucking stupid), we're still pretty damn conservative and just like USA, we have a huge rural portion of California that is all red and it's only the big cities that keep us progressive/blue.

Basically I like my state, but we can still do a lot better.  I mean even weed should've passed last election.  We're slow.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #22842 on: November 09, 2016, 06:14:10 PM »
Also poor folks with clinton, richer folks with Trump if you're still stupid enough to think this was about the economy.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/796334319132352512

Color me shocked. I honestly thought he brought out the poor folks. Lemme see the rest of that data.

benjipwns

« Reply #22843 on: November 09, 2016, 06:15:21 PM »
He improved or held the R standing relatively in most groups:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/08/us/elections/exit-poll-analysis.html

He improved nearly 20 points with those who make under $30,000 over Romney.

He lost almost ten points among both those above $100,000 and above $200,000.

james

« Reply #22844 on: November 09, 2016, 06:16:47 PM »

Yep. It still hurts to read since it was completely right then and was proven right last night.

Huh, by the DNC rules I actually thinks that makes him next in line as the rightful candidate.

Also, multiple Poligaffers actually had their accounts deleted?

As in they were actual Hillary Shills and their contract ran out?

Jesus.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22845 on: November 09, 2016, 06:17:31 PM »
Even tho I dont live in the US im still pretty shook that this shit actually happened. I'm scared of what Russia might do if the US decides to pull out of NATO and give Russia free reign to do whatever the fuck they want.

OK I really should ask a fee to the FSB because I feel I am the resident russian semi-apologist, but apart from the Baltic states (which yeah, wouldn't want to be in their shoes today), Russia is probably unable to project force in a meaningful way on NATO borders in Central Europe. To take an example, the Russian air force had terrible performances over Georgia losing according to outside reports IIRC 7 planes including a fairly pricey Tu22 supersonic bomber.

That's not to say Russia won't pursue an agressive strategy within its so called sphere of influence, they have plenty of ways to strong arm their way... but well, as shown in Crimea, they're already doing that openly despite US and European sanctions.

Voluntary removals.
That's right, the most ardent Shillaries suffocated on their own koolaid.
ὕβρις

james

« Reply #22846 on: November 09, 2016, 06:21:40 PM »

Voluntary removals.
That's right, the most ardent Shillaries suffocated on their own koolaid.

I want an analysis of how many GAF account went dead forever at the stroke of midnight.

benjipwns

« Reply #22847 on: November 09, 2016, 06:22:44 PM »

Jesus.
Check the GAF thread on here for GAF stuff, I posted some from last night, a lot of regulars were deciding they didn't want to even discuss politics anymore and I assume asked for themselves to be banned/etc. because they didn't trust themselves to stop. Adam387, for example, asked for a ban I assume as he didn't post anything ban worthy.

Posted two minutes ago in PoliGAF:
Yeah, I think I might need a break from PoliGAF. I just can't.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 06:29:23 PM by benjipwns »

james

« Reply #22848 on: November 09, 2016, 06:26:47 PM »

Jesus.
Check the GAF thread on here for GAF stuff, I posted some from last night, a lot of regulars were deciding they didn't want to even discuss politics anymore and I assume asked for themselves to be banned/etc. because they didn't trust themselves to stop. Adam387, for example, asked for a ban I assume as he didn't post anything ban worthy.

Sounds like a good exit strategy for CTR. That way they can fire up again in 2020 and not raise suspicion.

Dennis

« Reply #22849 on: November 09, 2016, 06:31:31 PM »
So the two media personalities that correctly predicted Trump was Michael Moore and Ann Coulter.

What a time to be alive.

:doge

james

« Reply #22850 on: November 09, 2016, 06:32:44 PM »
So the two media personalities that correctly predicted Trump was Michael Moore and Ann Coulter.

What a time to be alive.

:doge

And that insufferable twitter guy who wouldnt shut up about secret trump voters and rally turnout

zepblackstar

« Reply #22851 on: November 09, 2016, 06:36:12 PM »
and Dilbert's Scott Adams :P

benjipwns

« Reply #22852 on: November 09, 2016, 06:37:25 PM »
Don't forget Alex Jones.

james

« Reply #22853 on: November 09, 2016, 06:39:37 PM »
Don't forget Alex Jones.

Glenn Beck cant stop taking the Ls

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22854 on: November 09, 2016, 06:40:44 PM »
Yeah, we never gonna hear the end of those fuckers now (Moore article linked above was pretty on point, to be fair) just like President Trump will milk for all its worth his public service in paid speeches and appearances. The Trump family is never leaving the GOP too... and think of all the hacks that are riding on his coattails getting one last big paycheck : Giulani, Gingrich...

TFW you will be able to say any crazy shit and when called on it shout "WELL YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE TRUMP WOULD WIN EITHER ? SO IM RIGHT."
ὕβρις

Boredfrom

« Reply #22855 on: November 09, 2016, 06:41:05 PM »
and Dilbert's Scott Adams :P

In the plus side, people can force him to be the first in the line of fire if Trump goes full Orange Hitler.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #22856 on: November 09, 2016, 06:42:36 PM »
I was kinda chill about all this last night but the more I think about it the more angry I get.

james

« Reply #22857 on: November 09, 2016, 06:44:57 PM »
The Trump family is never leaving the GOP too...

You just had to add a fresh take didnt you

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #22858 on: November 09, 2016, 06:45:39 PM »
Is Trump going to build an actual wall?

Or is he going to say that the wall is a metaphor for tightening immigration legislation?
I'm hoping for an actual wall.

Hadrians Wall
Great Wall
Trumps Wall

And remember Mexico is paying.

Mexico will pay, because they'll be trying to stem the tide of Californian refugees.

benjipwns

« Reply #22859 on: November 09, 2016, 06:50:08 PM »
The king:
Bill Kristol ‏@BillKristol  23h23 hours ago
Clinton at 42 fav/55 unfav, a very unpopular nominee.
Trump 38/58. Perhaps GOP shouldn't have nominated most unpopular nominee in history?
Trump is a unique candidate, Clinton first woman president, it's a crazy year, etc, etc--and it looks as 2016 will look very much like 2012.
Basically: 2016 will be 2012, but perhaps a bit more so as voting groups move further in the direction they were already moving.
Bill Kristol ‏@BillKristol  22h22 hours ago
Looks to me like a Dem 51-49 Senate.