Author Topic: Game  (Read 373323 times)

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
Welp, say goodbye to streaming from the camera

couldnt even make it a whole week with out some dipshit live streaming sexual assault jesus christ

social shit is gonna be scaled back hard by the end of the year
pcp

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Walmart had COD for $49, so I bought it. Maybe it's because I haven't played a COD since the first Black Ops, but I think it's pretty decent. Looks like COD does on PC, it's not gonna make your eyes pop but it's nice and crisp. It's more Red Dawn than Homefront was. I was in the mood for something loud and dumb, and it's just the right kind of loud and dumb (and boy, is it ever dumb :lol ). Controlling the dog is bullshit, though, they keep switching up what button to hit for attacks (first it was L1, now for some arbitrary reason it's L3). Whoever came up with the dog missions needs an asswhipping.
sup

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
I played some of the Ghost campaign last night, it was cinematic garbage with unskipable shitty cutscenes, just don't touch this game boritos, it's pure and utter shit.
Drunk

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Can't believe no one thought this through, should have locked it down to game footage only. As if anyone is using a playroom anyway
itm

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
Okay so uh now that both consoles are out with garbage launch lineups when does the good stuff come out

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Okay so uh now that both consoles are out with garbage launch lineups when does the good stuff come out

Summer of next year
yar

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR

Infamous is out in two months.

edit: err... March i guess.
nat

Ishin is out in February.

'Cept it's also on the PS3.

And only in Japanese.

:lol
野球

Himu

Ishin is out in February.

'Cept it's also on the PS3.

And only in Japanese.

Isshin is on ps3?! YES. Time to start working on the intermediate Nihongo.
IYKYK

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man

Where not when, grasshopper,

spoiler (click to show/hide)

:gaben

[close]

Smooth Groove

Borys, did you play Alan Wake?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Exciting times for the PS4

http://i.imgur.com/yluoBce.jpg

Pixellated Tits

http://eskimopress.com/images/twitchfilthy.jpg

Not shocked after some dude was getting a suck off some girl last night and then put his dick in a dogs mouth. Sick fuck.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 09:16:13 AM by demi »
fat

maxy

• Sales Loser
cat

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm

cool breeze

the escalation of playroom streaming

day 1: man starts a talk show
day 2: man strips his unconscious wife
day 3: man puts dick in dog's mouth
day 4:  ???

magus

• LIKES FF7
the escalation of playroom streaming

day 1: man starts a talk show
day 2: man strips his unconscious wife
day 3: man puts dick in dog's mouth
day 4:  ???

live on stream shock site?
<----

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
i am not shocked that it happened and escalated to this degree but it happened a hell of a lot quicker than i anticipated
Tonya

Yulwei

inFamouse Second Son looks boring as fuck.That latest gameplay vid was so bad. Superhero games are supposed to be about having fun with your superpowers. I don't see the fun in that game.

The only Sony first party game that looks interesting so far is The Order: 1888.

Himu

What latest game play video?
IYKYK

Bebpo

:kobeyuck

Infamous looks like Infamous with better graphics, more powers, more destruction.  If you liked Infamous 2 (like a lot of people did), this will be fun.  If you are an Infamous hater, you will hate this.

Game will score mainly 8s like Infamous 1 & 2 did.  It's the same damn game.  Not expecting it to change anyone's minds.

Bebpo

Actually you can say that about Yakuza too.  Same game and it's cross-gen so it'll literally be the same game just re-rendered and with some AA.

Not sure what the first "Killer App" type title will be for PS4 or Xbone.  Probably MGSV if it wasn't cross-gen, but it is.  Maybe Fallout 4 if it's announced as PS4/Xbone/PC only?  Oblivion was a pretty big deal for Xbox360.  Hmmm, maybe Uncharted 4/The Order and Halo 5/Quantum Break.  After Uncharted 3/Halo 4/Alan Wake....none of those are sure-fire hits though  :-\

Himu

Bebpo when I get Yakuza Isshin for ps3 help me with understand stuff. :(
IYKYK

Yulwei

Infamous looks like Infamous with better graphics, more powers, more destruction.  If you liked Infamous 2 (like a lot of people did), this will be fun.  If you are an Infamous hater, you will hate this.

Game will score mainly 8s like Infamous 1 & 2 did.  It's the same damn game.  Not expecting it to change anyone's minds.

I've never played an Infamous game before and I am just measuring this up against past superhero games. Spiderman 2, Ultimate Spiderman, Hulk Ultimate Destruction, etc. You could watch gameplay videos of those games and instantly know what was fun about them. When playing them you felt like a superhero and their worlds felt like a playground for you to mess around in.

As opposed to every single video of Second Son I've seen so far, which makes the game look like an ultra realistic third person shooter where you just happen to shoot little bits of flame out of your arm. Every time I look at pictures of the game I have to remind myself that it is a "superhero" game and not just a virtual Seattle simulator. Obviously I have no idea if the game is actually any good, but I'm just saying.. they are doing a pretty terrible job of getting me to care about their game.

Vertigo

I loved infamous 2 and I especially loved the vampire DLC.

But that video made the new game look as uninspired as hell.

Bebpo

I've never played an Infamous game before and I am just measuring this up against past superhero games. Spiderman 2, Ultimate Spiderman, Hulk Ultimate Destruction, etc. You could watch gameplay videos of those games and instantly know what was fun about them. When playing them you felt like a superhero and their worlds felt like a playground for you to mess around in.

As opposed to every single video of Second Son I've seen so far, which makes the game look like an ultra realistic third person shooter where you just happen to shoot little bits of flame out of your arm. Every time I look at pictures of the game I have to remind myself that it is a "superhero" game and not just a virtual Seattle simulator. Obviously I have no idea if the game is actually any good, but I'm just saying.. they are doing a pretty terrible job of getting me to care about their game.

Yeah, that's a shitty gameplay video.  But I'd wager the person is just playing it in a boring way.  That's the thing with sandbox games is you can play them stand around shooting or you can do more interesting stuff.  Up to you.  Plus in Infamous you unlock your superhero powers as you go so at the start all you can do is run around and shoot people.  Not really worried about Second Son, since each Infamous game has been better than the last one.  Plus this one has even more powers and abilities and all the hands on impressions have been great.

This is the most "exciting" gameplay video I could find on youtube for Infamous 2 and that's from the entire game and it still doesn't come across as anything special.  But when playing it, it's a lot of fun and the powers are cool.  Good combat and good traversal:   

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Why can't there be a game where you play the cops beating up the douchey superheroes
sup

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Why can't there be a game where you play the cops beating up the douchey superheroes

Needs to star David Caruso

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yar

Himu

Finally played a ps4. Fuck, I forgot Best Buy's existed.

Couldn't fiddle with the UI and stuff because it's just a launch demo unit.

Controller is perfect. Well, ALMOST PERFECT. It's just one thing: the analog sticks. They are full on ass. Like many reports said, the material on the sticks is so cheap and shitty. There was a huge chunk missing from the rubber on the controller I was playing with, and I can definitely see them wearing down fast. Terrible. PLEASE FIX THIS SONY. Especially if you contrast with the One's sticks. At the very least, they're still better than Dual Shock 3's sticks. I can actually see myself playing Jet Set Radio with this controller, something I find impossible with the Dual Shock 3 due to the horrible sticks that have no grip. Beyond that, the controller has a great sense of balance and weight. The d-pad is amazing and aside from the Saturn d-pad, could very well be the best d-pad I've used. It is very good. The new triggers still aren't triggers, but they are WAY more comfortable and more practical than ps3's.

The demo unit had FIFA, Knack, Contrast, Octodad, and some other game I didn't get to try out.

Fifa is Fifa. My comments? At least it isn't PES.

Knack.

This is what I think about Knack.

I haven't played such a mediocre effort in a LONG time even if we are talking about demos. Wow. Watching videos is boring, but actually playing it is even more boring. I played it on hard and even then, it's just so vapid, dead brain, repetitive, and lazy. Like, there's a part where you turn into "Stealth Knack" and there are lasers. So you end up thinking that maybe they'll make a cool gimmick to avoid the lasers. Nope. All you do is press triangle to morph from stealth Knack and into regular Knack to beat up bad guys. In order to avoid lasers as Stealth Knack you aren't jumping. You aren't crawling. You aren't avoiding them, you aren't even walking around them. All you do is turn on stealth and walk through the lasers and you're not detected. So you do this about four times and then you're done with that section. Wow. I won! Then I clicked exit application. Ugh.

The difficulty that IS there - at least in hard mode - is the amount of damage enemies can do on Knack. One hit kills, two hit kills, they aren't a big deal for these guys. You'll be dead. And yet, despite this IT'S STILL BORING AND LIMITED. What's more interesting is how it really isn't even difficult, what I played is a classic example of faux difficulty. You die, and end up having to repeat and entire section due to the absence of checkpoints. Dying doesn't make a game hard. And lack of check points doesn't make a game hard. I was still playing with half my brain shut off, and the game still failed to engage me. It just added repetition into the mix.

I have no clue if the final game is better, but I"m not willing to find out when I get my PS4 in about two years.

Contrast is pretty cool and is far more impressionable than Knack in every sense. It's your typical indie puzzle platformer. So basically, a game made for me. Yay.

Octodad was the stand out game I played, and it wasn't even a ps4 exclusive. I can get it on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224480/

Overall, I came away more impressed by the hardware - only the controller, really, because I didn't see any graphical showcases or the UI - than the software. In other words, a typical game console launch.

Sony just really needs to fix those horrible sticks.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 09:53:13 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa

thats exactly why i hated the first game. "superhero" game that was really just a shitty cover shooter with bad gameplay mechanics, boring missions, and the WORST open-world map ive ever seen. game was blandness defined.
pcp

Bebpo

Seeing people trash Knack based on some shitty demo is  :maf when the game is actually pretty good and the most fun I'm having and keep coming back to out of every game on the PS4.  Sony completely fucked up selling Knack to people.  The designed it in a way to not show off well in demos and in a way to piss off reviewers trying to rush through it, yet almost everyone who plays the game likes it and it's a better launch game than most launch games of the last dozen systems.

I hear Wonderful 101 is similar in the demo side at least.  That the demo is a huge turnoff and the game is actually awesome.  But at least Platinum made it in a way it still reviewed well.

Himu

Controller is perfect. PERFECT. Aside from one thing:

I forgot the word ALMOST next to the PERFECT. Oops.
IYKYK

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
I liked the first inFamous  :yeshrug

second one was kind of  :larry

festival of blood was pretty  :gladbron
sup

Rahxephon91

I'm on the "first Infamous was crap" train.

I just didn't like it and I've tried many times.

I just remember thinking the city was incredibly boring and it did'didn't help that the game looked like crap. Artistically and just graphically it had no appeal. Yet, the actual gameplay felt like I was in a generic third person shooter where I was giving people lightning high fives. The enemies were boring and yet everywhere. They would attack constantly even after "freeing" areas. I never thought traversal was fun, it was just me mashing x as I watched a dude awkwardly hump a building. And the missions were just unexciting, especially doing whatever that boring crap in the sewer more than one time.

I thought the sequel was a lot better. Better visual polish for one. The main character had to devolve to has crappy original character design thanks to fans, but you can't win them all. I'm not sure what it is, maybe making melee combat an actual thing in the sequel, but I just thought it was an actual solid game.

Himu

Infamous 1 blows. I got it for free from Sony as compensation of the hacks and still felt ripped off.
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
both infamous games are pretty great. infamous is better than uncharted 2
nat

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
infamous is better than uncharted 2

metal gear solid 4 is a great game
         /
        /
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pcp

Himu

InFamous is awesome, bunch a shit taste fuckers in this joint.

LTTP is almost as overrated as FF6, almost.

:goty
IYKYK

Smooth Groove

I was interested in Infamous 3 cuz it's doing lots of interesting things graphically.  I hope it doesn't play like the 1st which felt more like a typical sandbox game rather than a superhero game like Batman Arkham.  There were lots more interesting open world games last gen so I passed after a couple of hours.   

Rahxephon91

LTTP is almost as overrated as FF6, almost.
both infamous games are pretty great. infamous is better than uncharted 2

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
Infamous is so fucking repetitive and the story is ass, I'm near the end of the first game and don't even feel like keep going.
Drunk

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
Good thing UStream is still around.
nat

I think there's probably a market for a parental controlled cam app. Maybe consoles should embrace the filth.

Infamous seems like a B Tier game, which is fine by me. I liked both Prototype games, and I don't see it being worse than any of those two.

I probably would't be as interested in Second Son if didn't take place in Seattle.
野球

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
Enjoy the real next generation of gaming fellow europeans
USA

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Amazon had some crazy digital sales this morning.

Got the PS3 download code for the complete Ass Crud IV and its add-ons for $34, then used the credit that came with the PS4 to get the PS4 digital upgrade for $10.

Will give this series one more chance at that price.
ど助平

Tasty

"Do you think Nintendo products are designed for gay people?"

No wonder we have so many Weeooo owners on the Bore.

maxy

• Sales Loser
cat

Damian79

Speaking of bad taste.  I agree with the guy about the industry but did he have to try and make out that Knack was Cerny's gift to gaming?

maxy

• Sales Loser
cat

maxy

• Sales Loser
Look closer.
cat

maxy

• Sales Loser
Speaking of bad taste.  I agree with the guy about the industry but did he have to try and make out that Knack was Cerny's gift to gaming?

He looks angry.Good games never need angry internet defenders.I bet he would say nothing if Knack was PS3 game.

As for the journalist excitement,wtf is to be excited for?

Seguel to Infamous
COD with mechs
Sequel to DA
Sequel to Witcher
Seguel to Mass Effect
Halo 5
Uncharted 4
BF5
COD 55
 ???

Watching paint dry is more exciting.

:zzz

cat

Damian79

It isnt about journalist excitement.  It is about journalist BS though.  I mean take a look at a game like Dragon Age 2, the reviewers pretty much gushed over it but users hated it more often than not.

Scored 82% from reviewers and users scored like 42%.  I mean many reviews didn't even mention the same map being used in different places like 10 times and i am not even exaggerating.  THat really put me off the game and reviewers in general.

maxy

• Sales Loser
That could be an example of over excitement,see GTA 4.I can't really hate them for that,sometimes the same thing happens to me.In the end reviews are just people opinions,often delivered under time constraints.

cat

Damian79

That could be an example of over excitement,see GTA 4.I can't really hate them for that,sometimes the same thing happens to me.In the end reviews are just people opinions,often delivered under time constraints.

They do it for every big name game.  And it is those time constraints that are the issue especially among rpg reviews.  Like i personally feel that infinite space wasnt given enough time at all.  Users absolutely love ti though like 92% last time i seen it.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
PSN down because of the Euro launch and thousands of hoarders trying to redeem the 25 PS+ codes they bought all at once. This is the one time of the year I can really sit back and play online games all day, so of course it's busted all to shit.  This is all turning into too much time-wasting hassle.
sup

maxy

• Sales Loser
PSN down because of the Euro launch and thousands of hoarders trying to redeem the 25 PS+ codes they bought all at once. This is the one time of the year I can really sit back and play online games all day, so of course it's busted all to shit.  This is all turning into too much time-wasting hassle.

German PS4 launch

cat

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Why was that dude yelling? Were people trying to snatch the console out of his hands? It looked like the box was all bent up.
sup

Himu

IYKYK

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Yeah, I'm not even gonna bother turning the system back on today. I spend more time trying to log in or fix shit than I do playing games. Fuck next-gen.
sup

Himu

Bro.

You bought a launch system.

That is what happens when you buy launch systems. You become a beta tester.
IYKYK