Author Topic: Game  (Read 350527 times)

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Re: The PS4 thread. 2 days left till the reveal!
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2013, 02:20:09 AM »
I'm going to when I get my college grant money.  I'm probably not ever going to buy a PS4, but it's more exciting to GET HYPE over

so you're saying there's a chance
vjj

Damian79

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2013, 02:33:55 AM »
I am willing to be money that there wont be a price for the thing just yet.  I hope people will be down on it so they decide to keep the price down.  We know how the Japanese are with good reactions...

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2013, 06:42:13 AM »
2 more days and Wii U is shit-binned in the market for good.

2 more days until the permanent reddening of the collective Nintendo fan's buttocks.
🍆🍆

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2013, 08:17:43 AM »
2 more days and Wii U is shit-binned in the market for good.

2 more days until bitter reality starts to set in and Sony's complete lack of imagination shows itself again.
2 more days until they try and wow us with a shitty madcatz dual-shock, and target renders for distant games.
2 more days until they are either too scared to name a price or name one so high the rest of the internet spends days regurgitating stupid Kaz GIFs with new-found irony...
PS4 is going to be shit on by PCs by the time it releases too. This year is going to be so good!

I'm hoping for some Microsoft and Nintendo attempts at spoiler announcements. HNNNNNNNG

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: The official PS4 thread. 2 days left till the reveal!
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2013, 08:46:31 AM »
At least the PS4 will be shat upon by current tech era PCs, unlike, you know, 6 year old tech.
yar

« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2013, 08:58:14 AM »
The people buying 6 year old tech don't mistakenly believe its the bees knees in terms of visuals

Here's what people on the Internet think the PS4 will look like

It'll be more along the lines of this, in terms of size

Dat controller

How U will play next. I think I'll "jump in" again, thanks Sony.

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2013, 09:17:49 AM »
It's not next gen without a Metal Gear Solid tech demo.
Drunk

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2013, 09:51:53 AM »
I'd fucking LOVE it if both Versus and TLG got pushed to be PS4 launch games, and are shown at the event. PS3 reveal was cool - MGS4, Uncharted, FF13... too bad we all know what happened with those games.
^_^

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
The official PS4 thread. 2 days left till the reveal!
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2013, 10:16:27 AM »
Can we trade radio head to get Andrex back?
dur

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2013, 10:23:43 AM »
As long as Andrex is more upset about us then Nintendo he should lay low.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2013, 10:32:06 AM »
Predictions pulled hot and fresh straight out of my ass:

- A LBP demo which uses the camera thing they have (say, perhaps seeing your actual hands reaching inside the LBP world and moving shit around to do the creation), maybe full 3D platforming/creation this time

- a really pretty Killzone animated film, because apparently Sony still labors under the delusion that people give a shit about the Killzone world or universe or whatever

- Infamous-type game with real-time world destruction, will look really cool and not be able to pull off half the shit they show when the final version releases

- Uncharted: Spinoff announced but not shown, maybe featuring a younger Sully or that chick from the Vita game

- lots of pinching and swiping on that new controller, but don't let your anuses clench up too tight, it's all bullet-point feature BS and will disappear from most games a year after launch

- lots of social feature sharing stuff, and while screenshots and game videos are neat 95% of people will neverever use them (but I will watch them!)

- BIG PS+ push, that's where the money is now, and that's where the BC will be. Gamestreaming all over the place, neat idea 10 years from now but will run like stuttering shit here in the present

- mentions of stuff like BF4 being on par with PC version, 64 players, full Frostbite engine, etc.

sup

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2013, 10:34:40 AM »
I was talking to some ex sony peeps this weekend but the one that still works there didnt show up so I couldnt ask anything :(

Eel: i think that game streaming will be a lot better next gen somehow, im not technical that much but in theory you could put much of the game in the increased ram and play when its buffered
You can already see games like diablo and wow being playable when youve only downloaded a small bit.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:37:53 AM by Premium Lager »

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2013, 10:41:26 AM »
I was talking to some ex sony peeps this weekend but the one that still works there didnt show up so I couldnt ask anything :(

Eel: i think that game streaming will be a lot better next gen somehow, im not technical that much but in theory you could put much of the game in the increased ram and play when its buffered
You can already see games like diablo and wow being playable when youve only downloaded a small bit.

that is true, but sony can't even make a storefront that doesn't seize up like an epileptic at a disco, so...
sup

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2013, 10:44:06 AM »
remade Final Fantasy cinematics are somewhat of a tradition-- PS2 had 8, PS3 had 7...PS4 will have 6 if it keeps the pattern.

OPERA SCENE  :omg :omg :omg

dat raised d-pad:

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:48:36 AM by Don Flamenco »

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2013, 10:58:33 AM »
true, S-E wouldn't actually put effort into something.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2013, 11:03:48 AM »
Anyone else looking forward to LAIR 2? You hold your arms out like wings and flap them because you are the dragon. Open your mouth and forcibly exhale to shoot fire. :omg :hyper
©ZH

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2013, 11:19:54 AM »

Games are not videos,buffering will do shit(make every game like 10x Killzone 2).If server could see the future(accurately predict your moves) that would be another story.

Higher compression ratios---more power needed to decompress,but less bandwidth used and quicker server response are the key.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:24:46 AM by maxy »
cat

« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2013, 11:20:05 AM »
When Sony unveils its new PlayStation device this week, it will be far cheaper than many experts had expected — a price tag that, it is hoped, will lure millions of customers into buying its latest video games console.

Industry sources and leaked internal documents suggest that Sony is considering pricing the new device at about £300, more than £100 cheaper than the starting cost of its predecessor, the PlayStation 3.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/busine...cle3691304.ece

If this is true, I'll actually be impressed. It would be great for anyone who wants pretty much any other console too, as there'd be a knock on effect on other prices. There's no real point in a £ to $ comparison, PS3 is the equiv of $380 here despite it being available for $220-299 over there. Ripoff Britain has some kind of special, invisible, console tax.

That's why I don't think there's a chance in hell of it being true personally. 300 quid with subscription requirement maybe, or for a tard pack with no memory and no games :p

<dons tinfoil hat> -- Microsoft PS4 foiler campaign to make whatever the price is seem too high?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:25:51 AM by radioheadrule83 »

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2013, 11:22:32 AM »
that'd be impressive as shit...$300-$350 right?

maybe they'll bundle in a Vita and games to make it 599 US DOLLARS

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2013, 11:26:20 AM »

Games are not videos,buffering will do shit(make every game like 10x Killzone 2).If server could see the future(accurately predict your moves) that would be another story.

Higher compression ratios---more power needed to decompress,but less bandwidth used and quicker server response are the key.

Maxy it does make a difference but it depends how a game is built and how it accesses the resources.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2013, 11:28:41 AM »
Anyone else looking forward to LAIR 2? You hold your arms out like wings and flap them because you are the dragon. Open your mouth and forcibly exhale to shoot fire. :omg :hyper

i am totally looking forward to the shared videos!
sup

« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2013, 11:32:19 AM »
that'd be impressive as shit...$300-$350 right?

$465. But again, the currency conversion doesn't work - as prices normally convert in a way that's unkind to the UK. The PS3 launched at £425 in 2006 and the exchange rate meant we were paying the equivalent of $799!! Inflation adjusted that could be as much as $963.00 in todays money. £300 would mean a really nice US price. Possibly too good to be true. But we'll see!

edit: I suspect GoFreak at GAF might be right about their source:

Quote from: GoFreak
I don't think anyone at The Times has seen anything about British pricing.

I think what they might have seen is things that others have seen - like the Japanese press reporting a price tag 'over 40,000 yen'.

That would be somewhere around £300.

It would more likely cost more than that in the UK if it winds up being >=40,000 yen, but they've just done a straight conversion in this report.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:34:44 AM by radioheadrule83 »

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2013, 11:33:19 AM »

Maxy it does make a difference but it depends how a game is built and how it accesses the resources.

Sure.
But buffering a game is lol

I'm not talking about buffering one frame or something like that
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:43:04 AM by maxy »
cat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2013, 11:34:57 AM »
RadioHead beats Borys.
cat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2013, 12:00:34 PM »
Damn Maxy you are right, i was thinking under the notion that the ps4 would emulate the game then, but obviously thats impossible next gen :(

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2013, 12:12:13 PM »
Damn Maxy you are right, i was thinking under the notion that the ps4 would emulate the game then, but obviously thats impossible next gen :(
I was just talking about Gaikai.

Streaming(buffering) is definitely a big deal in games.
cat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2013, 12:17:39 PM »
Yeah and I forgot this will be Gaikai and not PC games  :)

Oh well! I guess this will be great for streaming PS1/2/psp games.

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2013, 12:19:08 PM »
PS4 $100 streaming machine

Evolution!

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2013, 12:21:52 PM »
A streaming games service has more chance of doing good in Europe that a streaming movie service because all the rights and clearances are in place and you could actually offer everything Europe wide.

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2013, 12:57:17 PM »
people (nthings) are going to get so angry when this thing shits all over the Wii U but doesn't cost $999
O=X

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2013, 01:08:36 PM »
no way it can ship that cheap at launch

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2013, 01:26:07 PM »
no way it can ship that cheap at launch

399 usd? seems pretty doable, and they might even have cheaper or more expensive skus. given that we have no idea about power of the hardware it seems like as good a number as any
300 pounds local UK price is an entirely different animal to 399 usd

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2013, 01:31:28 PM »
Yeah 300 quid won't happen. 399.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2013, 01:34:05 PM »
Sony likes to copy,$400 is 360 launch price.Magic number is(was) $299,only $100 bellow.

Anything higher and you are getting into uncharted(PC,Good Tablets?) territory.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:40:42 PM by maxy »
cat

cool breeze

« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2013, 01:48:26 PM »
We won't know the price this week anyway, anyway.  Reason why the $299, and later 599 U.S. Dollars, comments made an impact was in relation to its competitors' pricing; the $399 Saturn and $299/$399 Xbox 360.

It'll be interesting to see how much it costs and in what configurations, probably at E3 or something.  I think the main issue with selling a cheap streaming box is the price of software.  Onlive had this problem when it tried to charge full price for "owning" a streaming PC games.  Sony could possibly introduce streaming rentals at $8 to $10, but that might clash with multiplayer games.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2013, 02:46:20 PM »
$399 tard pack
$449-$499 premium pack
🍆🍆

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2013, 03:13:55 PM »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2013, 03:24:57 PM »
I don't think there will be a tard pack. What's the differentiator? 500gb or a 1tb drive? It's not a as big a difference anymore like it was between the 20gb and 60gb.
©ZH

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2013, 03:35:16 PM »
The ps3 is still $299.  This bitch is going to be expensive. 

cool breeze

« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2013, 03:38:44 PM »
Depends on what's premium about the premium.

360's was worth it at the time.  $100 for hard drive, component cables, wireless controller, and media remote (use this a lot for controlling custom soundtracks).  Everything except the silver dvd tray could be upgraded at later date.

PS3's was sort of worth it.  Blanking on all the differences, but I think wi-fi was one of them.  $100 extra.

Vita's is not worth it.  $50 extra gets you an 8 gig memory card (retailed for around half that) and 3G.

Wii U's is only worth it if you wanted Nintendo Land, since it's $50 extra versus $60 game, and for some reason think the system is worth it at all. 

without the PS Eye/Move bundle shit, which looks like it's part of the PS4.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:40:31 PM by fryinghigh »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2013, 03:47:58 PM »

Maybe they're keeping the PS3 expensive so when the PS4 comes out for $400, you'll be like WOAH THAT'S SO CHEAP! You gotta use reversible psychology or some shit, yo.
©@©™

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2013, 04:02:55 PM »
Yeah they are waiting with dropping the price of the ps3 until the ps4 is announced at least, they dont need to drop it now, its 299 because they can afford to have it priced that, im pretty sure it could have been 199 a while ago already.

Brehvolution

« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2013, 04:17:56 PM »
The PS3 will be the tard pack.  :cookiem
©ZH

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2013, 04:25:07 PM »
Hasnt it always been?

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2013, 05:36:25 PM »
That's what the Vita will get its second life; it'll be touted as streaming full PS2/PS3/PS4 games.
USA

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2013, 07:10:01 PM »
I like how both companies are going for strategies that are limited by your local infrastructure. Move to a first world country with fibre, filthy technology poors.
itm

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2013, 07:34:22 PM »
There is likely an aspect of that to it. It makes no sense for MS and Sony to see the h/w at a loss to lots of countries where piracy is rampant anyway. Those h/w numbers help them win the publicity battle I suppose but they still lose money on those sales, and their software partners don't get much out of it either.
vjj

Pringo

« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2013, 08:01:44 PM »

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2013, 08:42:33 PM »
cat

cool breeze

« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2013, 10:03:23 PM »
^
highlights the vita and PS3 cross-play.  no mention of remote play (the highest profile game is lair, so it's easy to forget).  no mention in any of the videos about backwards compatibility.

I'm probably reading too much into these videos

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2013, 10:17:06 PM »
Yoshihisa Hashimoto (Agni's Philosophy guy) posted this on facebook.

行ってきまーす。

cat

mjemirzian

« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2013, 10:53:47 PM »
PS Vita sure is a great piece of hardware. :(

I know, they can turn the Vita into a phone and add 3G to it!

Oh wait..
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:56:05 PM by mjemirzian »

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2013, 11:17:09 PM »
sonytards are actually tracking the flight kaz is taking

:lol are they making Santa maps?
sup

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2013, 11:18:46 PM »
Zeal is saying some interesting things about Versus

You'll see this game very soon.
What I know has been confirmed with the appropriate mods. All is well.

Versus lives.
I guess what I'm asking is: Versus is now a next-gen title, is that what Zeal means?

This week's Famitsu has some interesting comments from Versus XIII director Tetsuya Nomura regarding the game's progress.

According to him, he has some news on the project and is almost ready to reveal a lot of info for us (finally) - but some "totally unrelated" reasons, he can't. He's also not allowed to talk about the situation stopping him, and all he can do is "continue discussions" - with who, it isn't said.
I'll leave you with that. Peace.
cat

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2013, 11:31:58 PM »
Game is now multi or a next gen CG trailer.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2013, 11:38:57 PM »
Well if Versus was shown I know I'd at least be a bit hyped...
^_^

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2013, 11:45:44 PM »
Kagari is telling people to lower their expectations,heh.

I remember some sfeggit claiming that Versus is next gen,multiplat to be revealed sometime this year with no Versus in title.
cat

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2013, 12:02:33 AM »
Versus is XV and has been for some time now I'd wager.
Hi

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2013, 12:21:05 AM »
Versus being next gen means we wont see it til 2017
itm

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #119 on: February 19, 2013, 12:48:25 AM »
2014,rumors say
cat