Author Topic: Cruncheons 51: Zelda 3DS, Grim Dawn, D3 Expansion, PS4 roundup, P2P consoles  (Read 4947 times)

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
http://cruncheons.podbean.com/mf/web/kipx6m/Cruncheons51.mp3

We're back, just in time to stuff your turkey's cavity with next-gen

consoles, Windows tablets, and game talk!

Segment One:

PS4 Roundup
6:00 - PS4 Hardware and Software likes/dislikes
26:20 - Killzone: Shadowfall
31:34 - COD: Ghosts
35:07 - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
38:15 - Battlefield 4

43:15 - Pay2Play on Next-Gen Consoles

59:20 - Dell Venue 8 Pro review and discussion

Segment Two:

1:15:00 - Resogun and Contrast
1:16:50 - Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
1:28:15 - Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
1:39:45 - Grim Dawn Alpha
1:48:00 - Xcom: Enemy Within
2:01:45 - X Rebirth
2:07:40 - Super Mario 3D Land

We'll talk to you again soon!
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
sup

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Good to see some love for Grim Dawn.  :heartbeat
dog

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
last episode
sup

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
Nice, sounds like a very gaming focused episode, which is cool for this time of year since I usually have more gaming time.

Did anyone else play those games for the 1st segment or is it all you?  I'm assuming that you're the only one with a PS4. 

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
it's all me
sup

border

Can't wait for the Dell Venue Pro discussion!  I really don't need to be dropping any more megabucks on a tablet, but the Black Friday deals is callin' my name.  If I can't abuse the Gamestop B2G1 deal to get a WiiU for $120, then I will almost certainly pull the trigger on the Venue Pro.

Just as a heads up, the Dell Venue Pro 8" is already $230 at Wal-Mart.  Not sure if they are doing anything with it on Black Friday, but that's $70 off the regular price.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dell-Venue-8-Pro-8-Tablet-32GB-Memory-Featuring-Windows-8.1/32243242?affillinktype=10&dest=9999999997&sourceid=13108517853936682098&veh=aff&wmlspartner=lw9MynSeamY

Technical Specifications:
    1.8GHz Intel Atom Z3740D processor
    2GB DDR3L of system memory
    8.0" touchscreen, 1280 x 800 resolution
    Built-in 802.11n WiFi and Bluetooth v4.0

Software and Applications:
    Windows 8.1 32-bit OS
    Cyberlink Media Suite Essentials
    MS Office Home & Student 2013
    Media Formats: Popular media format

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Au contraire, you do have at least one German listener.  :-*

border

The revelation that there's only a couple gigabytes of storage space on the 32GB Venue Pro 8 was a total bonerkill -- thanks Doug!  :(

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
I think I need to install Titan Quest again.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Labial  :lol
©ZH

archnemesis

X-Com: Terror from the Deep changes a few things that makes it strategically more interesting. Minor details like having the standard rifle becoming useless unless it's submerged and adding an early powerful melee weapon makes it a fun alternative to the original game. Frag is completely right about the cruise ship terror missions though. A single mission could take a couple of hours to finish and I often ended up skipping them completely.

Yulwei

This.

I've been semi-following Grim Dawn since the minute it was announced way back because I loved TQ. That said, I am also worried because like you guys said.. they are WAY behind in this game and even after the Kickstarter and Early Access there doesn't seem to be an end in sight to the development of this game.

I am crossing my fingers and hoping that they do manage to finish it because I will give them my money as soon as there is a finished product on Steam.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 03:43:12 PM by Yulwei »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

This.

I've been semi-following Grim Dawn since the minute it was announced way back because I loved TQ. That said, I am also worried because like you guys said.. they are WAY behind in this game and even after the Kickstarter and Early Access there doesn't seem to be an end in sight to the development of this game.

From the way the beta plays right now, it looks like they've got all the basic systems in place and working almost perfectly. The main thing they need to do now is crank out more content.
dog

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
They'll need to add new assets n shit for higher level gear, too.  Like I said, I'm pretty sure we'll get another act and class at least but not hopeful for the long term prospects of the game.
yar