Author Topic: Emulation thread  (Read 17083 times)

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Emulation thread
« on: July 01, 2014, 03:39:07 PM »
I don't know if we already have one of these but I'm making one anyway cause I didn't see one when I did a couple of searches.

Every few years since I discovered emulation in the late 90's, I dip back into the scene on and off to check out what is going on and give a go to see what's changed and how things have improved. I've been doing that over the past week. This has probably been the longest stretch I've been away from it though since I started following it from the beginning. Just thought I'd post some general thoughts for people who may have been out of the scene for awhile.

MAME is mame. I mean for the first time it hit me a bit and I was a little sad and depressed that arcades are gone. They were just about dead the last time I tried MAME years ago but now its like the funeral and headstone have been up for a long ass time. It feels slightly different. MAME is reflective of that. Most of the big work has already been done. I saw nothing new that really blew me away. It was mostly the same as it was last time. Model 3 stuff is still sketchy but most of the important other stuff that I would actually care about runs pretty darn well. The last time I tried this NFL Blitz 2000 wasn't really playable unless you had some kind of super computer but now its easily playable with any decent real gaming PC. I will always love MAME because I grew up with and in arcades but its a bit sad to realize that there will never be another really big moment where a new generation of arcade games is brought over.

PSCX2 is definitely better than the last time I tried it. But often I found myself surprised at how sketchy it is on certain things. I suddenly was in the mood for some NBA Street and was disappointed to find it was kind of unplayable. I mean it can play but the performance is sketchy and all over the place. If I investigated enough I could probably figure out the right cocktail to make it more like it originally was but I find that futzing with a lot of stuff was what was needed in a good amount of games. That being said, I'm being over-critically. It does do a lot very well. I'm playing through Dragon Quest 8 for the first time, and outside of a few little graphical artifact issues, its been nearly flawless. Solid B+.

Dolphin. This one is way way better than it use to be. Needs a pretty beefy CPU to be effective but when you get it going, its great. As a comparison I remembered NBA street was on the gamecube and man it runs like a dream on this thing. As good as I remember it on the original system. Much better than the PS2 version. Rock solid graphics and sound. A lot of the dolphin/wii stuff is like that if you find the right cocktail of settings. Really impressive stuff. I was surprised at how much I preferred this one over the PSCX2.

PPSSPP which is the PSP emulator was another real big surprise. This thing is really good. It didn't exist the last time I was into emulation. But man it runs really good. And for me it opens up a library of games, that I never really experienced as I got out of the hardware PSP scene pretty early. Playing something like chinatown wars on this with an actual 360 controller is probably the best experience you can have with Chinatown Wars on any platform arguably since it never came to PC or Xbox. Really good emulator that I will spend a good amount of time with catching up.

DeSmuME/no$gba

Really this about Desmume but I wanted to mentioned no$gba because on low spec systems, it's still the better choice even though its barebones - like it doesn't do savestates on DS games. But on my fairly crappy laptop it could still run DS games full speed. Desmume couldn't on it. Although on my gaming desktop it runs just fine and is the better choice since it actually has most of what you want in an actual emulator compared to no$.

Both run pretty well although I find these emulators were very sketchy with sound. And of course playing in a split screen format like the DS on a monitor can be a bit weird.

Retroarch is one of those multi-core pieces of software that can run a lot of different emulators under the same front end. I was curious to try it because I've heard people constantly talking about it but never actually used it. It's okay.

I mean if you are really into the concept of a universal media box that does everything, I could see why such a piece of software and concept would be interesting to you but otherwise the current way I do emulation on my PC is fine even if it is through many different discreet programs that cover different platforms.

I didn't bother with Nes/snes/genesis/n64/psx and earlier stuff as I figured those scenes were pretty stable already.

That's pretty much it. Nothing especially deep on the topic but I thought in general we could have one big emulation thread that covers the subject when we want to discuss versus making individual threads on the topic that die immediately.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:43:07 PM by Stoney Mason »

Himu

Re: Emulation thread
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 03:41:36 PM »
NullDC is great! There are visual glitches in Shenmue but other than that it's great!
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 03:42:39 PM »
ScummVM emulation on Android is exceedingly nice. I played through Curse of Monkey Island, The Dig, and Day of the Tentacle last year and they ran really well on my okay-but-not-that-great Android tablet; controls took a little getting used to, but they weren't a major hassle.
dog

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 03:46:55 PM »
Good for a crutch fallback, but nothin beats an original tho.
fat

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 03:51:50 PM »
Try HIGAN, it's amazing
SRY

Himu

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 03:53:41 PM »
Disagree. Shenmue 1 and 2 original have frame rate drops and all kinds of shit. Emulation made it even better. Not a single frame dip. Playing on the original is overrated.
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 03:54:27 PM »
Shenmue sucks anus nuggets tho. Nobody cares
fat

Himu

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 03:55:17 PM »
Emulation in hd and hooked up to my hdtv :rejoice

Fuck playing originals
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:58:33 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 03:56:46 PM »
That kind of attitude will get you gay bashed in Cali, Himu.
fat

Himu

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 03:58:17 PM »
Thank god I'm not gay :rejoice
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 04:03:41 PM »
 :beli
fat

Himu

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 04:05:07 PM »
:aah
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 04:25:00 PM »
Yeah, I've seen people running 3d PSP games at 60fps with AA on their phones and it kind of blows me away.  I should check out a psp emulator for the remaining few psp games I still wanna play.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 04:25:01 PM »
Yeah, PPSSPP is amazing. Thanks for mentioning Chinatown Wars. I played it on DS a bit, but totally forgot there was a PSP version. Gotta check that out.

PCSX2 has issues with Summoner, so I ended up buying the PC version. Champions of Norrath doesn't work well either, disappointingly. You have to run it in software mode and that requires a beastly Intel CPU cranked to 4GHz and above. :fbm

I tried retroarch on my netbook (which runs and Ubuntu variant), but the configuration drives me up the wall and the documentation is complete garbage. The config file comments are the best source of information. :beli GBA games run fine, but I can't get the mednafen core working for PS games. There are other options on Linux, but PCSX Reloaded has issues with a lot of games I've tried, but those that do run run full speed. When I had win7 on it I couldn't find an emulator that would run PS games.

Beezy

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 04:27:20 PM »
Any working Sega Saturn emulators out there?

Bebpo

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 04:27:54 PM »
I'm guessing Valkyria Chronicles 3 & Nayuta no Kiseki are real nice on ppsspp.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 04:28:12 PM »
Yup, I used it to play some Legacy of Thor 2
fat

Himu

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2014, 04:28:40 PM »

Gonna try tonight but apparently this is the best one

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/saturn/satourne.html
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 04:31:40 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

archnemesis

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2014, 04:48:00 PM »
I used PCSX2 tonight for the first time in a while. Having the possibility to skip frames and using save states is nice although the emulation is far from perfect. Most of the time I prefer using my modded PS2 instead.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2014, 04:50:32 PM »
There's SSF and Satourne. The former looks like it died, but it was/is good. All I ever tested on it was Panzer Dragoon though, which it played flawlessly.

cool breeze

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2014, 04:55:03 PM »
mame/arcade emulation is a different beast with the newer/better emulators only working with newer romsets.

if a game has trouble in PCSX2 and you just want to play it, rather than play it at higher resolutions, you can enable software mode (F9, I think).  if you have a quad core cpu, increase the number of rendering threads.  still not perfected, but you get better compatibility and fewer glitches in software mode.

and n64 emulation stagnated years ago and still has its problems.  in my experience gamecube/wii emulation is better.

I haven't gotten much into PSP or DS emulators, aside from messing with the android ds emulator.  few weeks back people found a way to render DS games at higher resolutions.

about android emulation, today some early videos of dolphin on the nvidia k1 were shown and it runs decently.  nvidia shield 2 will end up being a great portable emulation machine.

do you know if there's any progress on a translation patch for Nayuta?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2014, 05:23:25 PM »
I used SSF_012_beta -- thats what I have on my desktop here
fat

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2014, 06:17:33 PM »
yeah i used SSF beta too, i ran panzer dragoon saga until i realized that the encounter rate was slowly driving me crazy

then i played keio flying squadron 2 on it because i needed a really wacky jappy game
<----

Bebpo

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2014, 06:21:10 PM »

do you know if there's any progress on a translation patch for Nayuta?

No idea.  But since it's an action rpg can probably just enjoy the gameplay and nice music.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2014, 06:34:25 PM »
Emulation in hd and hooked up to my hdtv :rejoice

Fuck playing originals

I remember the first time I felt this way was back in the modded O.G. Xbox days.  Seeing arcade games like Street Fighter Alpha 2 and playing 4P X-Men The Arcade Game, perfectly, with awesome filters enabled, on a TV with game controllers made my jaw drop.  Back then I had a modded Neo-Geo AES with S-Video out.  The picture was awesome, but it had nothing on Neo-Geo games running emulated, in 480P, with filters, via component out.  Was done buying Neo-Geo games after that.   :lol

When I get my new PC tomorrow, I'd like to try some DC emulation and also see how Game Cube emulation fares.  Would love to play PN03 and F-Zero via HDMI in 1080P.  :drool
ど助平

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 06:44:45 PM »
Is there a Xbox 1 emulator? Really wanna play Rallisport ande Amped and Inside Pitch
USA

Himu

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2014, 07:28:59 PM »
Is there a Xbox 1 emulator? Really wanna play Rallisport ande Amped and Inside Pitch

There's one but it is still being developed
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2014, 08:26:20 PM »
Ya, when its done you can play the 4 games to play on it
fat

Beezy

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2014, 08:31:30 PM »
yeah i used SSF beta too, i ran panzer dragoon saga until i realized that the encounter rate was slowly driving me crazy

then i played keio flying squadron 2 on it because i needed a really wacky jappy game
I just wanna play Dragon Force again. I haven't played it since the Saturn was still alive. :tocry

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2014, 09:11:58 PM »
is boktai 3 translated yet

also i would like to say kega is still the greatest emulator ever
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2014, 09:30:44 PM »
OH SHIT SIREN 2 WORKS WITH PCSX2 AND IT RUNS GREAT ON MY COMPUTER FUCK YES JESUS CHRIST MY LIFE IS SO AWESOME RIGHT NOW HELL YEAH
pcp

Himu

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2014, 09:42:10 PM »
Siren 2 :obama haven't played. How is it?
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2014, 09:59:12 PM »
i dunno i just played the intro lol. but the original is one of my all-time favorites
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2014, 09:23:05 PM »
Siren 2 :obama haven't played. How is it?

really good from the few hours I played back in the day.  Like the original but new creepy environments and one chapter is military so there's passable RE combat.

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2014, 09:55:43 PM »
Yeah, there is nothing like the real thing for me - and by that i mean the original hardware running RGB out to a monitor or an arcade machine

However, i just like having space and less clutter so i sold everything and went back to emu - for the time i spent on it was nicer to have the cash in my pocket than reams of games i'd never play
O=X

Stoney Mason

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2014, 05:52:41 PM »

Very cool. Dude is updating the rosters for GameCube NBA Street Vol 2.

Himu

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2014, 06:22:04 PM »
Put volume 2 on dd services
IYKYK

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2014, 06:23:46 PM »
Volume 2 was sooooooooo good.  I wish they still made games like that  :'(
vin

Himu

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2014, 06:33:16 PM »
Volume 2 was sooooooooo good.  I wish they still made games like that  :'(

:tocry
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2014, 07:43:48 PM »
Unbreak my heart, dammit.
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2015, 06:26:08 PM »
http://www.amiduos.com/

Ended up playing around with this, this weekend. Have to say I was impressed. Much better than Bluestacks.

Handled a high percentage of what I threw at it.

kick51

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2015, 06:40:30 PM »
nullDC is pretty far from great

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2015, 09:45:31 PM »
Maybe I should try out some gcn emu, I have an urge to play through Eternal Darkness again

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2015, 01:05:17 AM »
Dolphin does GC too.
Seems to run almost flawlessly too, with some tweaking: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Eternal_Darkness:_Sanity%27s_Requiem

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2015, 01:38:43 AM »
Thread bump just reminded me I have China Town Wars PSP to play... I should probably do that and not on the PSP hardware I have sitting around here.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2015, 04:59:38 AM »
I don't want to buy a Wii U, so I'm looking to get my :nintendo fix via Dolphin.

Looking for mostly arcade multiplayer games with select few worthwhile single player games (usually action/adventure games that still hold up).

Trying to clean up redundancies like selecting best game in respective series, unless multiple iterations are worth playing.

Qs: NBA Street Vol. 2 or 3? Both Viewtiful Joes or just 2? Both Pikmin or just 2? Best Monkey Ball for minigames?

Halp me brahs.

My List (all 4 stars and up on compatibility chart):

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Burnout 2: Point of Impact
Chibi-Robo!
Def Jam: Fight for NY
Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Klonoa
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Mario Kart 64
Mario Power Tennis
NBA Street V3
Paper Mario   
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Sega Soccer Slam
SSX 3
Super Mario Galaxy   
Super Mario Galaxy 2   
Super Mario Strikers
Super Monkey Ball 2
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
Tony Hawk's Underground 2
Viewtiful Joe
Viewtiful Joe 2
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Wario Land: Shake It!
Xenoblade Chronicles

:expert
[close]

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2015, 05:32:32 AM »
Vol. 2 > V3

Tony Hawk 3 > Underground 2; come at me

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2015, 09:27:59 AM »
Play NBA Streets 1 and 2.  Play SSX Tricky and SSX3.  And where are PN03 and F-Zero GX on your list?  :punch
ど助平

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2015, 02:59:06 PM »
Vol. 2 > V3

Tony Hawk 3 > Underground 2; come at me

I was leaning towards this. Played 2/4 and THUG but never THUG2/TPS3.

And I really liked Vol. 2, but never tried 3 and that one has Mario and the gang in it! :derp

Play NBA Streets 1 and 2.  Play SSX Tricky and SSX3.  And where are PN03 and F-Zero GX on your list?  :punch

Really? Street 1 is worth playing? Why not just play 2? Tricky and SSX3 are probably different enough; both games have their respective fans that list it as their favorite of the series.

:lol Okok, I'll try PN03. It's like a rhythm shooter game? And I'll try F-Zero GX, but I never played any WipeOut/F-Zero/type of games. They just seem more on-rails than other racers.

Really wish Burnout 3 was on GC. Looks like Dolphin is a really solid emulator. Gonna pick up refurbished Wiimotes/Nunchuks, the GameCube adapter and a few controllers.

Probably most excited to finally finish Paper Mario and play its sequel :-[ :omg :hyper

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2015, 03:14:42 PM »
THPS3 is the best in the series. Viewtiful Joe 1 is the better game of the series, 2 is superfluous imo. PN03 was only worth playing when you were a poor gamecube-only child, it's a very middling kind of boring tedium.

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2015, 03:25:05 PM »
Mario Golf: TT one of the GOAT Golf games. Camelot never topped it. You can skip Tennis though. 

Also take Sega Soccer Slam over Mario Strikers. Make sure it's the PAL version though as it added a ton of unlockable content and has less framerate issues.

Oh and Paper Mario TTYD is probably the single best GC game made let alone one of the best RPG's ever made so yeah, go do that.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2015, 03:58:39 PM »
My Wii & Gamecube collections. Take your pick, you're sure to be enjoyed.

Code: [Select]
Wii

Arc Rise Fantasia
Baroque
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Endless Ocean: Blue World
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
Kirby's Dream Collection
Klonoa
Little King's Story
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Metroid: Other M
Opoona
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
Super Mario All-Stars 25th Anniversary
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
The Last Story
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Trauma Team
Wario Land Shake It!
Xenoblade Chronicles
Zack & Wiki: Quest For Barbaros' Treasure
Sonic Colors

Code: [Select]
Gamecube

007: Agent Under Fire
007: Everything or Nothing
007: From Russia With Love
1080 Avalanche
Animal Crossing
Batallion Wars
Baten Kaitos Origins
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
Beyond Good & Evil
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
Chibi-Robo
Cubivore: Survival of the Fittest
Custom Robo
Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat
Donkey Konga 2
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Evolution Worlds
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Freedom Fighters
Frogger's Adventures: The Rescue
F-Zero GX
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
Geist
Gladius
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Ikaruga
Killer 7
Lord Of The Rings: The Third Age
Lost Kingdoms
Lost Kingdoms 2
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Mario Power Tennis
Mario Superstar Baseball
Medabots Infinity
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Mega Man Network Transmission
Mega Man X Collection
Mega Man X: Command Mission
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Bonus Disc
Midway Arcade Treasures
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Midway Arcade Treasures 3
Nintendo Gamecube Preview Disc
Odama
P.N. 03
Pac-Man VS.
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2
Phantasy Star Online: Episode 3 Card Revolution
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 4 Preview Disc
Resident Evil Zero
Second Sight
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Sonic Heroes
Soul Calibur 2
Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3: Rebel Strike
Starfox Adventures
Starfox Assault
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball 2
Tales of Symphonia
The Haunted Mansion
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk's Underground
Tony Hawk's Underground 2
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3: Night of the Quinkan
Viewtiful Joe
Viewtiful Joe 2
Wario World
Wave Race: Blue Storm
XIII
XMen Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse
The Simpsons Hit & Run
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2015, 04:29:03 PM »
Really? Street 1 is worth playing? Why not just play 2? Tricky and SSX3 are probably different enough; both games have their respective fans that list it as their favorite of the series.

It's kinda like SSX in that sense.  Different atmosphere, too. 

:lol Okok, I'll try PN03. It's like a rhythm shooter game? And I'll try F-Zero GX, but I never played any WipeOut/F-Zero/type of games. They just seem more on-rails than other racers.

PN03 is a straight third-person shooter.  No rhythm stuff.  You need to dodge left and right or duck when enemies shoot you.  F-Zero GX is a Sega arcade racer...it's not as "rigid" as Wipeout.
ど助平

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2015, 05:36:05 PM »
Thoughts on these? Loved MGS 3, didn't like 4 outside of the improved gameplay mechanics. Never played 1 or 2.

• Chibi-Robo
  • Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
  • Metroid Prime
  • Skies of Arcadia Legends

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2015, 06:24:15 PM »
twin snakes is a half-assed upgrade of the original. it's still the better choice if you've never played the original tho.

I don't like skies of arcadia but a lot of people love it. it's a very traditional jrpg with a lighthearted animu script and a ton of random battles.

metroid prime is a love-it-or-hate-it game. very slow and methodical first person adventure game with lots of puzzles.
pcp

Beezy

« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2015, 08:03:57 PM »
Skies of Arcadia Legends is crack. I'd also recommend Baten Kaitos & BK: Origins. I never actually beat Origins because I got distracted by other shit going on in life and then the laser fucked up, but it had the better and quicker battle system.

Himu

« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2015, 08:24:32 PM »
KILLER 7
IYKYK

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2015, 08:45:47 PM »
Memories of NBA Street Vol. 2  :lawd

I don't think I ever played Vol. 3

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2015, 03:08:28 AM »
Playing Street 2 and Chief Rocka comes on :mynicca

Dolphin is pretty awesome. This gonna be real good with GameCube controllers, though 360 controller is decent.

GameCube has a good library despite some questionable design decisions with the console itself.

Some solid multiplayer games too.

Local co-op on consoles :rejoice

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2015, 10:32:05 AM »
But seriously check out Arc Rise Fantasia. Great JRPG for Wii, and is even playable with a Gamecube controller. I consider it a Gamecube RPG by law :lawd

Sonic Colors is also playable with Gamecube controller.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games_that_use_the_Nintendo_GameCube_controller
fat