Author Topic: Emulation thread  (Read 17062 times)

BobFromPikeCreek

Re: Emulation thread
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2016, 10:52:28 AM »
RetroArch looks pretty cool actually. Thanks! I'll give it a try later.
zzzzz

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2017, 02:06:50 PM »

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2017, 03:42:00 PM »
Why are all emulator front ends so god damn user unfriendly? Anyone have any recs that:

1) Aren't a nightmare to configure.
2) Work well with the steam overlay/Steam Link.
3) Can be navigated entirely via controller.

Spent like an hour setting up Attact-Mode last night only to find out I can't trigger the steam overlay with it and it freaks my Steam Link the fuck out when I try to return to Steam. Then spent like two hours trying not to hang myself while trying to set up EmulationStation.

Have you even approached HyperSpin/RocketLauncher? It's what I use.
rub

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2017, 10:00:14 AM »
Out of curiosity anyone run into G-sync destroying their perf on emulators?

Having g-sync ticked to full-screen and windowed was my culprit, wtf.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2017, 11:56:10 PM »
The recent Nintendo news has made me want to play a Zelda game so I decided to give Windwaker a shot since I owned it at one point but never really played it.

Discovered this texture mode for it which is really nice.

http://onthegreatsea.tumblr.com/post/150927505610/hypatias-hi-res-wind-waker-texture-pack-v-10

I run it on the ishiiruka branch of dolphin and it runs extremely well. An example of it

I use a different shader set than the one in that video so the lighting is a bit different for me but you get the idea.

The remastered version exists for the Wii U emulator but my computer struggles with that emulator especially being on an AMD card.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2017, 02:29:05 PM »
Holy shit, apparently someone made NesicaXLive work on an unencrypted PC :O

(Btw Nesica is the system that runs on Japanese cabinets and is basically a legit HyperSpin)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2017, 07:47:54 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

(Btw Nesica is the system that runs on Japanese cabinets and is basically a legit HyperSpin)

Holy shit!  But what does this mean?  People can download brand new games for free somehow?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:59:05 PM by bork pls »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2017, 07:58:50 PM »
Looks like this was cracked a while ago?

Found a torrent with most of the games ready to go.  I wonder if this will run well enough on the GPD WIN...
ど助平

« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2017, 12:35:29 AM »
http://obsrv.org/

Two years late to the party, but got a group of four players to play RE Outbreak on a fan server last night. Never got an opportunity to play it during the PS2 days before the official server got shut down, so it was cool being able to get a group of total newbies to run through it. It doesn't look too terrible with the textures and resolution bumped up, and having discord made it a billion times easier to coordinate.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2017, 08:55:54 AM »
Hi yall bore bro's

Is there any way to improve FPS even more in Dolphin or PCSX2 without upgrading my laptop? It seems like most games run better on software mode in PCSX2 and especially on OPENGL. Which seems weird to me because I think before I upgraded to W10 I got better FPS on D3D9.

These here be my specs:

Intel I7 QM2670 @ 2.20ghz
GT540M
8GB Ram

I know it's a bad laptop but I don't get why some games cant stay at locked 60
What

Stoney Mason

« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2017, 09:15:44 AM »
Maybe try ishiiruka branch of dolphin. That's supposed to run better on older/lesser hardware.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-unofficial-ishiiruka-dolphin-custom-version

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2017, 09:50:19 AM »

Holy shit!  But what does this mean?  People can download brand new games for free somehow?

LTTP, but:

Yes. This is the only way to get the P4U2 2.0 patch instead of the 1.5 or whatever Arc/Atlus never updated the console versions to in terms of balance for the shadow characters.

Note, NESICA-LIVE has a warning that you can edit out (like I did) on certain games and the thing (this is from last summer, so I haven't gotten an updated if there is one version) can be finicky. Still having P4U on PC. :rejoice

http://obsrv.org/

Two years late to the party, but got a group of four players to play RE Outbreak on a fan server last night. Never got an opportunity to play it during the PS2 days before the official server got shut down, so it was cool being able to get a group of total newbies to run through it. It doesn't look too terrible with the textures and resolution bumped up, and having discord made it a billion times easier to coordinate.

Did they English the text with a patch like FF12 International? I dunno if I'd want to run through that with Japanese menus.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2017, 10:14:33 AM »
Hi yall bore bro's

Is there any way to improve FPS even more in Dolphin or PCSX2 without upgrading my laptop? It seems like most games run better on software mode in PCSX2 and especially on OPENGL. Which seems weird to me because I think before I upgraded to W10 I got better FPS on D3D9.

These here be my specs:

Intel I7 QM2670 @ 2.20ghz
GT540M
8GB Ram

I know it's a bad laptop but I don't get why some games cant stay at locked 60
Emulators need a good CPU with high clock speeds. 2.2GHz probably isn't cutting it. Check the wiki for the games you have issues with, there may be hacks you can enable to speed it up, but the best thing you could do is get a system with a faster CPU.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2017, 01:11:11 PM »
Xenia (360 emulator) had an update this week that got a bunch of games...well, they aren't exactly playable yet, but they're into gameplay now. Lots of less demanding XBLA stuff is suddenly working at 60fps too.

There was a rumor about some apparently strangely specific code submitted to the subversion a few months back. Like somebody working on the back compat for the Xbone dropped something on the guy. :shh

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #134 on: April 26, 2017, 01:13:31 PM »
As for the framerate thing, try reducing the resolution and then just stretching to full screen vertically, many of those PS2 games were never even running at full frame 480p so if you're running them at even a laptop's standard resolution you're pushing massive amounts of pixels out in comparison.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2021, 09:23:29 AM »
Starting MGS4 on RCPS3 now.

:lawd
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2021, 09:24:58 AM »
Xenia (360 emulator) had an update this week that got a bunch of games...well, they aren't exactly playable yet, but they're into gameplay now. Lots of less demanding XBLA stuff is suddenly working at 60fps too.

There was a rumor about some apparently strangely specific code submitted to the subversion a few months back. Like somebody working on the back compat for the Xbone dropped something on the guy. :shh

Xenia now

What