Author Topic: 1,000+ Pages of NeoGAF: The Story of Wasted Lives and Hardcore Salt  (Read 4851143 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
At least they're not grown and collecting plastic dolls of videogame mascots  :kobeyuck
How do you think the one guy landed in jail?

Nibel

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=958801

who has time for this :goty

That might be the most white-guy-with-no-problems-thing of the week
SWISH

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
I got a genesis over a snes as a kid. Never regretted it.

king of the internet

• 🚽
I got a genesis over a snes as a kid. Never regretted it.

We were a Sega household.  :obama
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 02:23:04 AM by king of the internet »

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
I had both :smug I had one of those shits that had the Genesis AND Sega CD put together. Shit fucking owned. Spider-Man Vs. The Kingpin was so sick back in the day. The cutscenes were  :aah
reckt

benjipwns

Did anybody here get a 32X or Jaguar during the launch window?

I had a friend who got both because of Doom. I think he's in jail now.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
The only Jaguar owner I knew died shortly after I called them a spoiled brat.

Nibel

I think we had the Sega Mega Drive and then the SNES afterwards

One day my uncle came into the room and asked which I enjoyed more and I looked at him and said "the fuck outta here you console warrior fegt" and he was looking at me like  :hitler for 10 seconds and left the room and then I whispered "I prefer the better one"
SWISH

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
16/32-bit era was amazing. Anyone else that says different is wrong.

thisismyusername

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1041622

Vita was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

Nibel

Is cyberpunk a code for games with drawn girls amongst the anime avatar community or
SWISH

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
Did anybody here get a 32X or Jaguar during the launch window?

I had a friend who got both because of Doom. I think he's in jail now.

I don't know if it was the 'launch window', but I bought a 32x after it's first price drop. Sold it soon after to help fund my purchase of a PS1 at launch.

16/32-bit era was amazing. Anyone else that says different is wrong.

The transition years were pretty amazing. (mid'94 - early 1996) There were so many options and so much news happening that it felt like the industry was exploding. Every time you walked into a store there was something new to look at or try out.

It was the first time in my life where the console I owned felt equal (or better) than the arcade machines.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 09:03:13 AM by ToxicAdam »

benjipwns

After a bit of research they dropped the price on the 32X from $160 to $100 within the first year. And retailers were clearing them out at $20 by mid 1996.  :lol

The transition years were pretty amazing. (mid'94 - early 1996) There were so many options and so much news happening that it felt like the industry was exploding. Every time you walked into a store there was something new to look at or try out.

It was the first time in my life where the console I owned felt equal (or better) than the arcade machines.
INTERACTIVE  :leon MULTIMEDIA :gladbron ARCADE AT HOME  :rejoice

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator

Is cyberpunk a code for games with drawn girls amongst the anime avatar community or

Y.T. was super moe, and a high-tier waifu, tho. Hiro should have went for the harem ending with her and Juanita. :leon
©@©™

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
I was an SNES kid  :uguu

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
Amiga to PS1 and PC. The master race way.  :rejoice

archnemesis

Game&Watch → C64 → Atari → SNES → PS2

PC was always a constant.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
I had both, both rocked cause that was seriously one of the best gens. While the 8-bit era was great in it's own right, it paled in comparison to 16-bit in my opinion.

Yup, I got a Genesis for Christmas '91, then sold my original GB and all my games to get a SNES in early '94. And then of course, years later (in '05) I bought a Duo, and then in '13 bought a CD-X. Genny/SNES (along with the PS1) are my absolute favorite consoles and I'm still discovering fun new games to play on them.
^_^

ToxicAdam

Amiga to PS1 and PC. The master race way.  :rejoice

I agree to an extent, but if you missed out on the SNES/Genesis you missed out on the beginning of the golden age of JRPG's.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 01:11:19 PM by ToxicAdam »

archie4208

Tasty

Super Mario World :aah

A Link to the Past :lawd

Mega Man X :mynicca

The holy trifecta of 16-bit perfection.

benjipwns

Yoshi's Island, Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger

:rejoice :whew :whoo

Tasty

Yoshi's Island, Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger

:rejoice :whew :whoo

GOAT system. I'll never change my opinion about that.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.

Y.T. was super moe, and a high-tier waifu, tho. Hiro should have went for the harem ending with her and Juanita. :leon

:dead

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=162902773

I swear, if I read "P.T. is a masterpiece/work of art" one more time...

It's a fucking teaser demo for a cancelled video game. :snoop

king of the internet

• 🚽
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1041730

At least this one was locked.   :goty2

The Grandmaster lives up to his title.  :bow2

I was going to say this thread would be more appropriate during the launch window since sales drop off hard after the first month. But on the other hand, it already had enough hype, this could help give it a second wind. :obama

Nibel

SWISH

suppadoopa

I'm surprised it acknowledged From's older titles. From the way a majority of them act, the company supposedly started with Demon Souls, shut down after Dark Souls II and was revived for Bloodborne

king of the internet

• 🚽

I'm surprised it acknowledged From's older titles. From the way a majority of them act, the company supposedly started with Demon Souls, shut down after Dark Souls II and was revived for Bloodborne

You're talking about a professional here. Like, literally a professional, he gets paid for this shit.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=162902773

I swear, if I read "P.T. is a masterpiece/work of art" one more time...

It's a fucking teaser demo for a cancelled video game. :snoop

I like PT just as much as the next guy but that thread has gone off the fucking deep end.

Of course its the usual dorks/PR people over there escalating it but jesus....it's a plug for a cancelled videogame.  Let it go and move the fuck on with your miserable lives.

Tyler if you're reading this, I'd be interested in buying GAF from you so I could wipe that shithole off the internet.  PM me.
Tacos

Nibel

Many are happy with this, but I am not. I was hoping they were going to push it in a more realistic direction (like Battlefield), including awesome squad gameplay, tactical stuff, etc. But with the 3rd person and lack of ADS it seems like it's going to be a pretty casual game.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=162917209#post162917209

SWISH

Kara

Quake 3 was the most casual game ever.

Jansen

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1041787

Whenever i see banned users replies on threads, i feel a strange sadness, as if they had died or if they went missing some day to never be found again.

:lol :rofl :lol

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
I love watching pro players playing Quake 3. That shit is for real. :lawd
©@©™

suppadoopa

Are people in that PT thread really saying that it's part of our culture  :comeon

I'm disappointed that Silent Hills went the way of the dodo too but some are acting that Konami killed their first born.

whatever, we all know there hasn't been a good horror game since Parasite Eve/Parasite Eve 2

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
whatever, we all know there hasn't been a good horror game since Parasite Eve/Parasite Eve 2
I can't play horror games. I could play those games. Therefore, they aren't horror games.

king of the internet

• 🚽
PT was lightning in a bottle anyways. The AAA retail follow up would most likely have been a letdown anyways.

archie4208

I love watching pro players playing Quake 3. That shit is for real. :lawd

Both of them?  :teehee

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
PT was pretty great for a teaser, my prediction was that PT would be bigger than the game itself when the game came out.

Agreed. Thanks to the stanley's hype machine, it was inevitable.
Unzip

Jansen

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162918640&postcount=1275

Quote from: stufte
"LOL, it was just sketches for the Venus De Milo. Get over it." You don't understand art.

oh lord this is just too much

zomgee

• We've *all*

I like PT just as much as the next guy but that thread has gone off the fucking deep end.

Of course its the usual dorks/PR people over there escalating it but jesus....it's a plug for a cancelled videogame.  Let it go and move the fuck on with your miserable lives.

Tyler if you're reading this, I'd be interested in buying GAF from you so I could wipe that shithole off the internet.  PM me.

First Creepy Stalker and now you. Are we just supposed to call out to peoples' names here in the hopes that they hear our pleas?
rub

Tasty

Super Mario World :aah

A Link to the Past :lawd

Mega Man X :mynicca

The holy trifecta of 16-bit perfection.

As fantastic as those games are, Super Metroid eclipses them :aah

The series being killed off by one of the shittiest games out there(Other M) by the same director + Team Ninja  :'(

What if Metroid was shit all along and Other M just opened everyone's eyes? :ohhh

benjipwns

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162918640&postcount=1275

Quote from: stufte
"LOL, it was just sketches for the Venus De Milo. Get over it." You don't understand art.

oh lord this is just too much
So no culture should be preserved by that token.
The Talibans were right in destroying the buddha statues is what you mean?

The talibans were pretty much the owners of the statues they destroyed as they were the power in place at the time.
they didn't deem the statues worthy of preservation and destroyed it because really it wasn't art to them.
Konami is really doing the same.
Heck a less extreme example would be Lautrec's work or some of Dali's work that no one in their right mind would think it's ok to destroy.

thisismyusername

I wouldn't really call Parasite Eve 1 and 2 horror. Besides, PE2 sucks.

:ufup No. No you just did not. *goes and grabs purse*

As for P.T.: I want to play it when I get a PS4, so fuck Konami for the delisting. :bolo

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
Metroid Prime is legitimately shit just like Other M. The combat revolves around gluing your vision to something and holding a button. There were a billion things to scan that don't mean shit unless you special fellow out on Metroid lore. 70% of the game is bad combat and scanning.

It was probably the first FPS game many nintentards played. The third one got as much attention as someone quietly farting in a elevator. 2D Metroid is fantastic, 3D Metroid of any kind has been garbage.
OH!

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊

PE2 to PE1 is like DMC2 to DMC1, garbage ass sequel that should be forgotten.

To think PE3 is even worse  :yuck
PE2 isn't bad. It's just turned into a Resident Evil style game.

thisismyusername

PE2 to PE1 is like DMC2 to DMC1, garbage ass sequel that should be forgotten.

To think PE3 is even worse  :yuck
PE2 isn't bad. It's just turned into a Resident Evil style game.

And that's fine. If anything, PE2's combat system shits all over PE1's. Simply because it was the logical conclusion of "hey, we want to have gunplay + magic powers in a modern setting!" title.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
Even though he has questionable history he will sometimes come through

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162941989&postcount=237

:whoo

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

ToxicAdam

First Creepy Stalker and now you. Are we just supposed to call out to peoples' names here in the hopes that they hear our pleas?

Isn't that what this thread is? A desperate cry out to the digital beyond in an effort to allay our past trauma.
Everyone else just disguises better.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.

Isn't that what this thread is? A desperate cry out to the digital beyond in an effort to allay our past trauma.

:brazilcry

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
And that's fine. If anything, PE2's combat system shits all over PE1's. Simply because it was the logical conclusion of "hey, we want to have gunplay + magic powers in a modern setting!" title.
Ye, I played that game a lot. Unlocked almost everything. Stopped partway through a playthrough with the gunblade.

Even though he has questionable history he will sometimes come through

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162941989&postcount=237

:whoo

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Forever a Yamcha. :fbm
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 05:39:59 PM by Rufus »

Kara

Metroid Prime is legitimately shit just like Other M. The combat revolves around gluing your vision to something and holding a button. There were a billion things to scan that don't mean shit unless you special fellow out on Metroid lore. 70% of the game is bad combat and scanning.

It was probably the first FPS game many nintentards played. The third one got as much attention as someone quietly farting in a elevator. 2D Metroid is fantastic, 3D Metroid of any kind has been garbage.

Look, a game that let's me be alone and read voluminous tomes of fiction while providing just enough distractions so that I don't realize that I spent in excess of fifty dollars to do what I can do with a library card doesn't come around very often. :bolo

Elder Scrolls series aside that is. :hitler

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
I got to the ice boss and had like three or four shot upgrades and a suit upgrade. The game played exactly the same as it did 4 hours prior.

The game disc itself was scuffed enough to give me disc read errors, so I decided that I would never play the game or series again.
OH!

Kara

Prime 2's ending when all the space cacs take the knee and Samus-chan just like, "Ja ne! :expert" :lawd

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
metroid prime is garbage
:pacspit

MP1 was dope. MP2 was disappointing. Never played MP3.

jakefromstatefarm

Every person with a name that starts with the letter "Y" is a failure.
does this include the shift to "J" in the Anglicization of Hebrew personal names?

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
Metroid Prime is alright. Massively overrated.
reckt