Author Topic: Please share your triumph of the day  (Read 772143 times)

Tribal

Re: Please share your triumph of the day
« Reply #180 on: November 06, 2014, 07:14:16 AM »
Ended up at some party with a bunch of mexicans. What the fuck is a gapacho anyway. who cares. my weed was better than the shitty, low class stuff they had. sat outside with a couple of them shooting at rats until the police showed up and i got bored n went home.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #181 on: November 06, 2014, 05:26:05 PM »
Got comped new dress shoes.

Wasta :lawd

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2014, 05:31:48 PM »
Some would congratulate you on your martial success, others might think of you as a capitalist kept girl.  Me?  I just want pics of the new shoes. 

nudemacusers

« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2014, 05:57:34 PM »
same. pics. :drool
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2014, 06:00:22 PM »
They're not up to the Bore's high standards so no pics. (Also would give out info on who one of my clients is.)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2014, 06:08:40 PM »
Girl, if your sugar daddy be telling you to keep quiet, then you ain't his main squeeze. 

Kara

« Reply #186 on: November 06, 2014, 09:23:15 PM »
I also narc'd on an intern after finding that they :ufup while offsite this morning and reported it, then someone else told me that the head honcho thinks I don't like the intern (which is true) so when they asked me about it later on I disguised my narc'ing as genuine concern for the improvement of the quality of the intern's work output. :whew

I hate working with other people but fucking with interns is p. fun, ngl.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #187 on: November 06, 2014, 10:08:32 PM »
I get to go home tomorrow
:rejoice
que

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #188 on: November 06, 2014, 10:10:16 PM »
Don't fuck up parole. 

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #189 on: November 06, 2014, 10:49:55 PM »
Going on a date with a really cool, nerdy girl next week... that works for Planned Parenthood.

yar

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #190 on: November 06, 2014, 10:51:45 PM »
Cool.  Does she get a discount on abortions or something?

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #191 on: November 06, 2014, 11:37:41 PM »
maybe you could get a discount on some fetuses or something.
que

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #192 on: November 06, 2014, 11:54:53 PM »
Stem cells

:mouf
yar

Tribal

« Reply #193 on: November 07, 2014, 05:45:28 AM »
I also narc'd on an intern after finding that they :ufup while offsite this morning and reported it, then someone else told me that the head honcho thinks I don't like the intern (which is true) so when they asked me about it later on I disguised my narc'ing as genuine concern for the improvement of the quality of the intern's work output. :whew

If I was your "head honcho", I'd tell the kid you snitched on him. Give him a few shots and a baseball bat, tell him to go to town. fuckin taco

Kara

« Reply #194 on: November 07, 2014, 09:53:35 AM »
You seem like the type to hide behind someone else, I'm not surprised.

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #195 on: November 07, 2014, 10:04:41 AM »
art show was a huge success.  A ton of people showed up and it will be up for the next few weeks.

Tonya

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #196 on: November 07, 2014, 10:08:26 AM »
That fedora

:snoop
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #197 on: November 07, 2014, 10:29:48 AM »

Typically I'll directly talk to interns about any concerns or advice I have. Most seem pretty awkward in multiple respects, or they'll try to strike up a friendship/professional relationship in hopes of you helping them out when the time comes. I don't go that far but if I can help them get out of a hole I'll do it.

Where's your #solidarity comrade...

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2014, 10:48:21 AM »
Take your frustrations out on worker drones brehs

Play the CAC act concerned gig and actually feel good about it brehs

:beli
YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #199 on: November 07, 2014, 10:56:52 AM »
YMMV

Kara

« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2014, 10:58:29 AM »
While i may be concern trolling Karakand a little bit I see no reason to fuck with interns :yeshrug their lives are shit.

And they make mine shit when they fuck up mundane but important tasks assigned to them because they can't be bothered to bring their A game to do mundane tasks.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2014, 10:59:26 AM »
While i may be concern trolling Karakand a little bit I see no reason to fuck with interns :yeshrug their lives are shit.

And they make mine shit when they fuck up mundane but important tasks assigned to them because they can't be bothered to bring their A game to do mundane tasks.

Dude, it's an intern. They are supposed to fuck up. That's how they learn.
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2014, 11:03:05 AM »

Not at a firm...

If you're fucking up mundane shit on the regular you might want to go into marketing or something, because mundane shit=70% of accounting.

I really only deal directly with interns I have to carry on client cases for instance, and I'll delegate basic shit to them. I don't really run into incompetent interns. Lazy interns though...

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2014, 11:05:58 AM »

Not at a firm...

If you're fucking up mundane shit on the regular you might want to go into marketing or something, because mundane shit=70% of accounting.

I really only deal directly with interns I have to carry on client cases for instance, and I'll delegate basic shit to them. I don't really run into incompetent interns. Lazy interns though...

So let me get this straight, you expect 20 something with 0 work experience to come in and perform at your level? Huh?
YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2014, 11:07:45 AM »
I have 2 currently, one in accounting and an engineer. Both are doing well but tend to get overwhelmed by real life situations they don't teach in school. Irate customers, ridiculous timeframes, late paying fortune 500's, vendors pushing for net30 terms despite signing us up at Net60, etc.

Cheap labor

YMMV

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2014, 11:12:37 AM »
The dollar rally is saving me so much money :lawd

Eric, where is your show?  I may be in Brooklyn at the beginning of December.
vin

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #206 on: November 07, 2014, 11:15:21 AM »

Not at a firm...

So let me get this straight, you expect 20 something with 0 work experience to come in and perform at your level? Huh?
No but I expect people to check their work and take note of important tasks before submitting it, and not act shocked or upset if I hold them over to explain how they fucked up as I play clean up. Their fuck up can easily become my fuck up, and it's interesting how many times this happens on a Friday. In terms of age I'm only a few years older than these people, and sometimes they're older than me.

I treat them with respect and recognize they're new but they learned and did everything I did in college. You have to get the simple stuff done or I'll wonder why you're here. Overall though, I don't run into many bad ones.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #207 on: November 07, 2014, 11:17:59 AM »
I only let go of one intern in my career.

Last year I had a girl who could not get to work on time. Now note we start at 8 but I'm not Norman clock nailer or anything, but coming in at 9:30, 9:25, 9:10, 8:45, and finally 10:30 with an excuse of "Oh my favorite band played last night, I overslept" will get you canned rather you think you have hot white girl privilege or not.

She says "you're ruining my college studies" I replied "you are ruining your college studies, I suggest you purchase a better alarm clock or pretend like you have to be at work at 7 in the future"
YMMV

Kara

« Reply #208 on: November 07, 2014, 11:24:20 AM »

There's learning by failing and there's not being able to file folders in chronological order or paperwork in the right company's file because you think it's beneath you.

Esteemed members of the central committee of the Borean Liberation Front, I also did not show #solidarity when I recently went out of my way to embarrass a loan manager and an underwriter ad a big 4 bank. As these individuals too are members of the proletariat (to my knowledge), I submit my actions for judgment like it's Die Maßnahme outchea.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #209 on: November 07, 2014, 11:26:02 AM »
One thing I've learned: young people can be stupid and unprofessional as fuck. Showing up on time, not looking at your phone, not taking long restroom breaks...simple shit that will make you stand out from your dumbass peers. I'm not talking about my coworkers (although they sure as hell love dem smartphones) but the shit I see when I visit clients.
:kobeyuck

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #210 on: November 07, 2014, 11:32:28 AM »
One thing I've learned: young people can be stupid and unprofessional as fuck. Showing up on time, not looking at your phone, not taking long restroom breaks...simple shit that will make you stand out from your dumbass peers. I'm not talking about my coworkers (although they sure as hell love dem smartphones) but the shit I see when I visit clients.
:kobeyuck

Worse than any other generation.

I had some interviews for a general driver/warehouse/etc person here and I got a lot of apps from kids who don't know how to dress, how to show up for an interview on time, or generally thought 14 bucks and hour was "crap money"

:snoop

My favorite: Kid comes in and starts the interview with "Oh wow, you're black...good for you man"

YMMV

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #211 on: November 07, 2014, 11:43:04 AM »
The dollar rally is saving me so much money :lawd

Eric, where is your show?  I may be in Brooklyn at the beginning of December.

sadly, it (and the venue) will be gone by then
Tonya

Steve Contra

« Reply #212 on: November 07, 2014, 11:45:46 AM »
"Oh wow, you're black...good for you man"

NEWSFEED
vin

nudemacusers

« Reply #213 on: November 07, 2014, 11:46:20 AM »
I worked with a girl who legit had to be told, specifically, that wearing slippers and pyjamas to work was not 'work casual'. and by slippers I don't mean some kind of quasi-outdoor oldperson shoe I mean goddamn just got out of the bath slippers

edit: oh yeah so then she starts coming to work in flip flops and sweatpants thus forcing hr to create an actual flyer detailing what and what not to wear to work. i mean fuck they let us wear tees and jeans

:dead
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #214 on: November 07, 2014, 11:50:49 AM »
I watched a bunch of monsters from Ultraman dance to Billie Jean

Tonya

Steve Contra

« Reply #215 on: November 07, 2014, 11:50:50 AM »
We had a kid that was openly hostile in an interview once.  Our lead programmer simply walked out the interview, no one shook his hand when we left.  Apparently he thought negging us was a good idea, because he followed up like 5 times.
vin

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #216 on: November 07, 2014, 11:53:16 AM »
We had a kid that was openly hostile in an interview once.  Our lead programmer simply walked out the interview, no one shook his hand when we left.  Apparently he thought negging us was a good idea, because he followed up like 5 times.

Fuck all y'all

Week Later: So when do I start
2 weeks later: I think you guys forgot to call me
3 weeks later: Please respond

My intern I have work with me the most had me laughing the entire interview, very funny is good in interviews for me I guess. 
YMMV

nudemacusers

« Reply #217 on: November 07, 2014, 11:57:33 AM »
did he kino in his set or position an anti-slut defense against your indicators of disinterest?
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #218 on: November 07, 2014, 11:59:23 AM »
did he kino in his set or position an anti-slut defense against your indicators of disinterest?

:neogaf
YMMV

Steve Contra

« Reply #219 on: November 07, 2014, 12:01:25 PM »
vin

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #220 on: November 07, 2014, 12:02:04 PM »
Back in college I took a part time bookkeeping job at a small book store, and during the interview the lady asked how is feel about doing minor janitor work towards the end of each night, during the closing period. I said sure no problem, I've cleaned larger buildings. She laughed and said that nearly every young person except me gave her a flippant or ignorant answer, including "I'm here to keep books, not toilets. Do you want me or not." 

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #221 on: November 07, 2014, 12:15:48 PM »
I've worked nothing but lowest-of-low paying jobs, no ed required type shit, and have never even seen the shit yall are taking about. like it kills me that someone can make it that far in life without ever having to learn the most basic social etiquette. meanwhile my wife works at a big-ass prestigious place and comes home every day with nothing but the most embarrassing stories of passive aggressive eternally childish assholes who make seven figures but behave like for year olds. and my God the penny pinching from these millionaire motherfuckers :pacspit

fuck entitlement culture all the way to hell
pcp

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #222 on: November 07, 2014, 12:23:04 PM »
That's what you get when you shelter kids from reality and wipe their ass until college.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #223 on: November 07, 2014, 01:32:52 PM »
That's what you get when you shelter kids from reality and wipe their ass until college.

My dad made me work when I was 12. Sucked balls. 2.50 an hour to clean dishes at this nasty bbq joint my uncle co-owned.
YMMV

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #224 on: November 07, 2014, 01:50:56 PM »
My dad made me work at 14 or 15- I inserted weekend edition papers at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution distribution center he managed. Shit was basically manual labor and you ended up with newsprint all over yourself by the end of a day. :yuck

Got paid by how much work you did, too- which was good because if you busted your ass you could make about $10/hour, which was better than anything else a 15 year old kid was gonna make back then.

...I blew all that money on comic books instead of saving for a car. :-\
yar

El Babua

« Reply #225 on: November 07, 2014, 02:24:23 PM »
First job was stocking/restocking fruits and vegetables at a Farmer's Market.

It was OK.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #226 on: November 07, 2014, 02:27:19 PM »
my first job was a&w hot dogs and it was fucking awesome because I stole root beer floats and corn dog nuggets all day long
pcp

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #227 on: November 07, 2014, 02:27:38 PM »
Patiently waiting for PD to tell us about working at the glory hole at the Hamtramck Burger King.
YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #228 on: November 07, 2014, 02:28:26 PM »
my first job was a&w hot dogs and it was fucking awesome because I stole root beer floats and corn dog nuggets all day long

Corn Dog nuggets from A&W

:mouf
YMMV

Steve Contra

« Reply #229 on: November 07, 2014, 02:28:28 PM »
First job was washing dishes in a chinese restaurant.  I've had like 56 jobs since then.
vin

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #230 on: November 07, 2014, 02:29:32 PM »
First job was washing dishes in a chinese restaurant.  I've had like 56 jobs since then.

My fellow dishwashing bro.

Let me tell you about soul food dishes. That shit sticks to plates like superglue. And the pans :snoop

My uncle made me a plate of ribs and greens for my birthday....then he took it out of my check

:fbm
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #231 on: November 07, 2014, 03:52:31 PM »
First job was working at a small hardware store.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #232 on: November 08, 2014, 10:43:58 PM »
The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and the musician's union settled their lockout, which means that Beethoven's 9th symphony is back on for next weekend, which means that I just bought tickets (again) and will be eating mushrooms and enjoying this live, after which I can die happily.
yar

Himu

« Reply #233 on: November 09, 2014, 12:46:46 AM »
Quit gaming. Cold turkey. I wasn't addicted or anything, but it's not me anymore and it is best to know when it's time to hang it up. It was a pretty easy decision to make. Unfortunately I now have no goal or reason to keep learning Japanese because I initally started learning to play Japanese games in their native tongue because I was sick and tired of having to deal with games I wanted not coming over, and I now I have no goal to do that anymore. Maybe in the future. I've had a lot of cherished memories gaming and I'll remember them forever so that makes me sad, but it's a worthy sacrifice for the future and I doubt such memories will be replicated in the near or far future. I must thank The Evil Within for allowing me to realize that I am simply chasing ghosts and do not have any ounce of passion for gaming anymore. Or rather, I do, but only in old stuff. Time put it up.

I quit anime, aside from anime film because that's the last vestige of legitimacy in the medium. Like gaming, anime is no longer me. Manga still is because there's more variety and I can pick what to read via interest. Thank you G-Rev and Space Dandy for showing me I have outgrown anime, and again, I'm chasing ghosts. I still have passion for animation. I'm moving to LA to pursue that for a reason. But anime today isn't the medium I fell in love with, and rather than constantly trying to replicate and hope for new stuff that appeals to me, I'm giving up.

I've almost killed my internet addiction. Anime and games were just hobbies, but I've been addicted to the net since 15 and that's something I truly want to defeat. It's going well so far. It's also easier to do  - though still hard - when you're concentrating on bettering yourself by learning new things.

I want to start playing music again. Band was one of my favorite things in middle and high school, and while I know it's imposisble to recreate that environment and camaraderie. I fucking miss playing music, so I'm going to pick up the guitar again.

I'm going to attempt to get into peak physical condition by learning Muay Thai. I start on Tuesday.

I need to learn Spanish. Shame about the Japanese, but I'm really proud how far I got.

I turn 30 next year. 2015 has to count for all things in my life up to this point.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 12:51:59 AM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #234 on: November 09, 2014, 01:07:36 AM »

My fellow dishwashing bro.

Let me tell you about soul food dishes. That shit sticks to plates like superglue. And the pans :snoop

My uncle made me a plate of ribs and greens for my birthday....then he took it out of my check

:fbm

Still better than spaghetti in tupperware  :goty2

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #235 on: November 09, 2014, 10:21:30 AM »
Himuro, I cut down my internet usage to about one hour per day (exception being for work or school related usage and the occasional day where there isn't shit else to do) about eight months ago and it's amazing how much shit I'm able to get done now in all facets of life.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 10:28:02 AM by Mary Tyler Whore »
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #236 on: November 09, 2014, 10:45:21 AM »
Quit gaming. Cold turkey. I wasn't addicted or anything, but it's not me anymore and it is best to know when it's time to hang it up. It was a pretty easy decision to make. Unfortunately I now have no goal or reason to keep learning Japanese because I initally started learning to play Japanese games in their native tongue because I was sick and tired of having to deal with games I wanted not coming over, and I now I have no goal to do that anymore. Maybe in the future. I've had a lot of cherished memories gaming and I'll remember them forever so that makes me sad, but it's a worthy sacrifice for the future and I doubt such memories will be replicated in the near or far future. I must thank The Evil Within for allowing me to realize that I am simply chasing ghosts and do not have any ounce of passion for gaming anymore. Or rather, I do, but only in old stuff. Time put it up.

I quit anime, aside from anime film because that's the last vestige of legitimacy in the medium. Like gaming, anime is no longer me. Manga still is because there's more variety and I can pick what to read via interest. Thank you G-Rev and Space Dandy for showing me I have outgrown anime, and again, I'm chasing ghosts. I still have passion for animation. I'm moving to LA to pursue that for a reason. But anime today isn't the medium I fell in love with, and rather than constantly trying to replicate and hope for new stuff that appeals to me, I'm giving up.

I've almost killed my internet addiction. Anime and games were just hobbies, but I've been addicted to the net since 15 and that's something I truly want to defeat. It's going well so far. It's also easier to do  - though still hard - when you're concentrating on bettering yourself by learning new things.

I want to start playing music again. Band was one of my favorite things in middle and high school, and while I know it's imposisble to recreate that environment and camaraderie. I fucking miss playing music, so I'm going to pick up the guitar again.

I'm going to attempt to get into peak physical condition by learning Muay Thai. I start on Tuesday.

I need to learn Spanish. Shame about the Japanese, but I'm really proud how far I got.

I turn 30 next year. 2015 has to count for all things in my life up to this point.

You're gonna be so proud of yourself by this time next year, I just know it. You go girl.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #237 on: November 09, 2014, 02:24:01 PM »
Manga was always my preferred medium for that consumption growing up. Get it Himu-sempai.

I really want to learn spanish too. I didn't give a shit in high school but lately I've been kinda falling in love with the language? Really fucking weird.

Himu

« Reply #238 on: November 09, 2014, 07:38:00 PM »
I guess so can keep learning Japanese for manga but whatever.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #239 on: November 09, 2014, 07:38:44 PM »
Himuro, I cut down my internet usage to about one hour per day (exception being for work or school related usage and the occasional day where there isn't shit else to do) about eight months ago and it's amazing how much shit I'm able to get done now in all facets of life.

How?
IYKYK