Author Topic: Please share your triumph of the day  (Read 787921 times)

Tasty

Re: Please share your triumph of the day
« Reply #5220 on: November 28, 2018, 11:51:52 AM »
Found a word sort of related to my ideal aesthetic: vaporwave.

More the glitchy side than the pastels side.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #5221 on: November 28, 2018, 03:25:33 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #5222 on: November 29, 2018, 10:56:53 AM »
You're the BEST

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #5223 on: November 30, 2018, 05:07:03 PM »
survived an earthquake here in anchorage today
everything fell but nothing broke except some glass in the kitchen
萌え~

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5224 on: November 30, 2018, 09:50:42 PM »
Got my lasik yesterday. Absolutely no pain or irritation after. Just a bit blurry but cleared up some over hours. 4 hours later I could read things across the room. I had a follow up this morning and they told me I had 20/20 vision already and should improve a bit over the next week. It legit made me a bit emotional.

Tasty

« Reply #5225 on: December 01, 2018, 11:28:39 AM »
Technology :rejoice

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #5226 on: December 01, 2018, 01:16:20 PM »
Somebody said I looked like a handsome mr. clean last night.  :doge

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #5227 on: December 01, 2018, 07:52:41 PM »
Got my lasik yesterday. Absolutely no pain or irritation after. Just a bit blurry but cleared up some over hours. 4 hours later I could read things across the room. I had a follow up this morning and they told me I had 20/20 vision already and should improve a bit over the next week. It legit made me a bit emotional.

That's awesome.  Glad to hear that you didn't get the burning feeling afterwards.
🍆🍆

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #5228 on: December 02, 2018, 10:09:28 AM »
How much did yal pay for lasik. I think it’s on my sooner than later to do list. Guess I’m expecting 3-4 k to save up specifically for it
dur

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #5229 on: December 02, 2018, 12:42:56 PM »
Went to a Brazilian steakhouse which is like the restaurant equivalent of a beautiful woman thrusting her boobs on you before you got your pants off. Also I think I came to peace with why I need to leave my job.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #5230 on: December 02, 2018, 12:59:04 PM »
How much did yal pay for lasik. I think it’s on my sooner than later to do list. Guess I’m expecting 3-4 k to save up specifically for it

$4,500
🍆🍆

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5231 on: December 02, 2018, 01:38:14 PM »
I've also thought about doing the eye laser thing. But then again it seems kind of risky. If they fuck up it might have severe consequences.
🤴

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #5232 on: December 02, 2018, 02:58:23 PM »
I've also thought about doing the eye laser thing. But then again it seems kind of risky. If they fuck up it might have severe consequences.

You get what you pay for.  I went to one of the best surgeons in the region to do it but I paid about $1,000 more than if I got it done locally at a reputable clinic.  There are some of those "Lasik for $500!" but they use older machines and are more likely to cause issues in the long term.
🍆🍆

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #5233 on: December 02, 2018, 02:59:43 PM »
Your life might actually improve if you're able to see less dumb shit
newsfeed
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #5234 on: December 02, 2018, 05:54:49 PM »
Took a hot bath and had an ice cold beer in the  tub. :lawd

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #5235 on: December 02, 2018, 05:58:12 PM »
that feels of a shower beer after a long bike ride/workout  :preach

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5236 on: December 02, 2018, 10:32:07 PM »
$3800

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5237 on: December 02, 2018, 10:35:10 PM »

You get what you pay for.  I went to one of the best surgeons in the region to do it but I paid about $1,000 more than if I got it done locally at a reputable clinic.  There are some of those "Lasik for $500!" but they use older machines and are more likely to cause issues in the long term.
This too. I did a lot of reading up. Mine was with a small eye insurance discount and a special. Normal price is $2500 per eye.

I looked up the $250 per eye places and they use 20 year old equipment and also charge more based on how bad your prescription is plus make you pay for the mandated follow ups so you don’t even end up saving anything significant.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #5238 on: December 02, 2018, 11:57:33 PM »
Despite all the things I do do drunk, I don't like being drunk while bathing. :'(

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5239 on: December 03, 2018, 12:13:36 AM »
So next year's Thanksgiving in a bathtub? 

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #5240 on: December 03, 2018, 04:20:17 AM »
LASIK sounds amazing, but I dunno how comfortable I would be without glasses on my face, they’re my security blanket after all. :doge

Tasty

« Reply #5241 on: December 03, 2018, 09:51:52 AM »
LASIK sounds amazing, but I dunno how comfortable I would be without glasses on my face, they’re my security blanket after all. :doge

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5242 on: December 03, 2018, 10:10:35 AM »

You can always wear whatever glasses you want. You lived in the country of "datte megane." Also, women in glasses are hawt.

Tasty

« Reply #5243 on: December 03, 2018, 04:33:42 PM »
Google Express somehow delivered me my groceries same-day on a Sunday (yesterday), I got a random $5 off promo during checkout, *and* I was 56 cents over the $15 free shipping minimum even with the promo. :rejoice

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #5244 on: December 03, 2018, 05:56:29 PM »

Try contact lenses first?
Can't wear them, my left tearduct is fucked up. :doge

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #5245 on: December 03, 2018, 06:27:35 PM »
walked into bestbuy to pickup resident evil 7 and an ipad pro case and as i went to the checkout counter, an 18 or so year old asked me if i was adam levine and said she and her coworkers were coordinating with one another to try to confirm whether or not i was. i did notice a few employees walk past me acting a tad weird but nothing out of the norm.

she radioed in that i was an impostor and told me how she wished that i were the real adam levine :fbm

i don't know what to make of this but i guess it's a triumph?

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5246 on: December 03, 2018, 06:52:09 PM »
Should have said “there’s only one way to know for sure” and winked

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5247 on: December 03, 2018, 07:33:28 PM »
Should have given your best karaoke rendition of "Girls Like You" right there on the spot. One way or another, you would have made their day.
©@©™

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5248 on: December 03, 2018, 08:08:22 PM »
I plan on putting straight up glass lenses in mine for certain occasions. I’ve been told by multiple women (and men that I’m pretty sure want to fuck me) that I look hot with glasses.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #5249 on: December 06, 2018, 08:03:37 AM »
Because of the work I have done in a few shows I have been chosen to become an assistant director for an upcoming show. Auditions start Sunday. Pretty cool!

A Christmas Story closes this weekend and I will be inconsolable. It is the highest grossing show, the highest ticket sales in number, and highest percentage sold show we have ever done. All performances have been sold out for weeks. I am thrilled to have been a part of it.

I donated a real leg lamp from the Christmas Story Shop as a giveaway for a raffle and it is going to bring in over $500.

The whole thing has been a success.
rub

Tasty

« Reply #5250 on: December 11, 2018, 12:16:59 AM »
Had the urge to bust out my mostly-unused piano keyboard last week, finally got the initiative to look up some music theory books and try out Flowkey tonight.

Flowkey's amazing and I'm really excited to memorize songs and start learning how to better understand sheet music (I have a solid grasp, just not beyond the fundamentals.)

When I moved to Boston, piano lessons were supposed to be high on my list of priorities, and now only on my way out of the city am I making moves. Imagine if I had been taking lessons that whole time -- seven years on, I'd be pretty good I'd bet.

But you can't change past regrets like that, you have to move forward, and no time like the present. Just have to stick with it, like everything.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 12:25:12 AM by Tasty Meat »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5251 on: December 11, 2018, 10:48:37 PM »
i think i bought a car? waiting for the bank to open tomorrow to approve the loan but seems like it'll be good. also learned i have way better credit than expected, which means i got a rate of about half of what i expected. assuming all goes well i'll post a pic tomorrow.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5252 on: December 12, 2018, 08:40:33 PM »

:mouf

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5253 on: December 12, 2018, 08:44:44 PM »
:bolo

guess you better head to the dealership

also it's mainly for my wife to drive :lol but it still feels real nice

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #5254 on: December 12, 2018, 09:12:36 PM »
Interview loop is on Friday, same day Willie Nelson cornholes me.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #5255 on: December 12, 2018, 10:14:48 PM »
Also if I get the gig, it’s car buying time. I’m going to get some bigun’ dick merkin muscle.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #5256 on: December 13, 2018, 12:03:38 AM »
Oh, also I lecherously leered all over a French dude today for like 2 hours as he sat in front of me. I could look down his pants and he had no undies on. Could see right down the crack. There was almost assholes. So hot. He totally had one of those diseased insect frenchie faces, too. I was definitely leaking precum. He was chewing on his cuticles and when they bled I wanted to suck each one like a lil dick. Mmmm mmmm mmmm. Yum yum gim me sum.
serge

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5257 on: December 13, 2018, 12:27:22 AM »
My mom's sister died. THAT'S NOT THE TRIUMPH YOU SICKOS. Anyway, it was kinda a situation where nobody actually knew what the sister had going on or if she even had anything going on. And it was "sudden" in terms of not really a surprise but also not expected soon. (More like maybe if she had been sick for a few weeks kind of thing.) She has no next of kin of any sort, so my mom and her brother became it by default for legal reasons.

Used "elite hackerman" skills to break into all her accounts using the note that has her e-mail password that also was the password for everything else and plus she only had one e-mail anyway so could recover passwords if that wasn't the case, via her Facebook account I totally "doxxed" family members for my mom who doesn't have Facebook and always wonders how any of that works and why everyone knows what everyone is doing and can get pictures so easily. Haven't had people talking about how epic I am at computers from doing mundane things in a while, on the job people sorta start to expect it and then demand it. (Although, the fact that I did it without needing her computer probably played a role since people don't really grasp online accounts and are always like "but how do you get to that without being on my computer" still. Even young people where I'm like "you access your e-mail on your phone too, this is no different" and they're like "ohhh yeah" but you can tell, you can tell...)

Also, there are so many text messages and PMs and shit from multiple thirsty men of all ages. My aunt had crippling arthritis that made it hard for her to leave the house, was 67 going on 134 from her appearance, alcoholic smoker, etc. A lot of them even seem to have their actual lives together, families, etc. (Of course I doxxed them by clicking through from their messages.) I'm so disgusted but can't look away!

Also Atra, no wonder she blocked you man. Shouldn't be sending that kind of stuff.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 12:34:05 AM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #5258 on: December 13, 2018, 12:28:19 AM »
Plus like, none of you can die, there's way too much paperwork I never realized if someone dies. You can become President of the United States without a birth certificate but man the things you aren't allowed to die without!

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #5259 on: December 13, 2018, 02:45:54 AM »
I read that whole post and I still can't find the triumph
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #5260 on: December 13, 2018, 03:24:26 AM »
FEELING LIKE HACKERMAN

spoiler (click to show/hide)
some of us don't live the high life of a disgraced ERA moderator turned alt-right NPC :fbm
[close]

TVC15

« Reply #5262 on: December 13, 2018, 08:45:30 AM »
I hate you all except Turtleface (Benji).
serge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5263 on: December 17, 2018, 12:20:48 PM »
I had my yearly anniversary. I had asked for a small raise to just keep up with inflation nothing more (like 1 or 2%)
Instead they gave me a much bigger raise than I had requested. While I'm glad for it and shouldn't complain. At the same time I know exactly what they're doing and trying make those golden handcuffs stronger.  Not sure what to do. Not that there's anything to do. I do appreciate it though.
que

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #5264 on: December 17, 2018, 03:26:56 PM »
I had my yearly anniversary. I had asked for a small raise to just keep up with inflation nothing more (like 1 or 2%)
Instead they gave me a much bigger raise than I had requested. While I'm glad for it and shouldn't complain. At the same time I know exactly what they're doing and trying make those golden handcuffs stronger.  Not sure what to do. Not that there's anything to do. I do appreciate it though.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #5265 on: December 17, 2018, 08:05:13 PM »
Embrace the golden handcuffs.  I sock away and invest as much as possible.  I want options in life.
🍆🍆

Tasty

« Reply #5266 on: December 17, 2018, 08:28:16 PM »
"Guys today I got TOO big a raise." :P

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #5267 on: December 17, 2018, 08:37:04 PM »
Tried Irn Bru for the first time and that shit is delicious. Well happy, feel like a changed man.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5268 on: December 20, 2018, 06:56:08 PM »
Work is trying to send me to Minnesota in a couple weeks

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Refused this :rejoice

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5269 on: December 21, 2018, 10:54:17 PM »
Finally woke up feeling okay today. I had the energy to go out and run three miles. :rejoice

You, being your best you.
:clap

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5271 on: December 24, 2018, 11:05:47 PM »
Watched die hard with a friend who had never seen it

Tasty

« Reply #5272 on: December 24, 2018, 11:32:07 PM »
Watched It's a Wonderful Life for the first time

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #5273 on: December 25, 2018, 01:23:41 PM »
Those are both top tier Christmas movies
WDW

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5274 on: December 26, 2018, 07:47:02 PM »
Getting high and watching the new big fat quiz of the year

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5275 on: December 26, 2018, 08:48:36 PM »
Just knowing you get high, Arvie, kinda feels like a triumph, especially having seen your vape

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5276 on: December 26, 2018, 11:58:54 PM »
Getting high and watching the new big fat quiz of the year

Being told to fuck off by David Mitchell is my new triumph

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5277 on: December 27, 2018, 06:31:55 PM »
I just bought an instant pot and I think air fryer might be next

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5278 on: December 27, 2018, 07:40:42 PM »
got both for my wedding and they are the most kickass kitchen appliances i have.

pasta sauce from the instant pot :mouf

wings from the air fryer :delicious

benjipwns

« Reply #5279 on: December 27, 2018, 11:56:45 PM »
My Humble Monthly renewed like a day before they put up the deal to get a year for $32 less. For some reason rather than just accept my fate, I actually decided to ask if I could get credit or something. After the holiday they gave me $33 in non-expiring credit.

I knew big corporations like j2 Global, Inc. loved and cared about me personally. :heart