Author Topic: Please share your triumph of the day  (Read 799653 times)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Re: Please share your triumph of the day
« Reply #2580 on: April 12, 2016, 04:49:05 PM »
Started listening to Yes. 

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #2581 on: April 12, 2016, 05:08:31 PM »
Finally ended my horrific two month long post-heartbreak cold streak with a random. She got the job done, but tbh this wasn't one of my prouder conquests. From what I recall (which is not much), she did drop the n-word multiple times in front of a black dude at the bar, saying it was ok because she had a half black child. It wasn't with a hard r at least. Pretty sure I took off my condom at some point in the night because I'm a disgusting piece of shit so hopefully I didn't nut at all or else she might end up with an all white baby to go with the half black one. But anyways, now I can mention this to a few mutual friends of the girl who hurt me so that hopefully the news will get back to her and make her feel bad. :)
:dead

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #2582 on: April 13, 2016, 12:39:56 AM »
I've already been down that road. If it happens again I'm faking my death and moving south of the border.  8)

Tasty

« Reply #2583 on: April 13, 2016, 12:43:24 AM »
Finally ended my horrific two month long post-heartbreak cold streak with a random. She got the job done, but tbh this wasn't one of my prouder conquests. From what I recall (which is not much), she did drop the n-word multiple times in front of a black dude at the bar, saying it was ok because she had a half black child. It wasn't with a hard r at least. Pretty sure I took off my condom at some point in the night because I'm a disgusting piece of shit so hopefully I didn't nut at all or else she might end up with an all white baby to go with the half black one. But anyways, now I can mention this to a few mutual friends of the girl who hurt me so that hopefully the news will get back to her and make her feel bad. :)

Honestly, I think fatherhood would be good for you.

I mean he's a total fuckup so whatever

Tasty

« Reply #2584 on: April 13, 2016, 08:05:11 AM »
Holy shit, I had no idea how mean I could be when drunk. :lol

Anyways, sorry king of the internet.

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #2585 on: April 13, 2016, 10:44:57 AM »
You were right and I deserve it so no worries.  ;)

Tasty

« Reply #2586 on: April 13, 2016, 10:57:12 AM »
You were right and I deserve it so no worries.  ;)

:heartbeat

Alcoholic Fish

« Reply #2587 on: April 13, 2016, 07:54:04 PM »
Finished two weeks worth of ads in a day.

Boss gave me props.
Boss' boss gave me props and made it clear she's going to raise the whole squad's work today to the chairman.

Really stressful, but this will be worth it come review season :rejoice

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2588 on: April 13, 2016, 08:06:32 PM »

made a version of this today  :mouf :mouf
nat

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #2589 on: April 13, 2016, 09:23:45 PM »
I hope StealthFan didn't "exit bag" himself yet.  :-\

I saw him lurking on here a couple of days ago but he doesn't post as much as he used to.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 09:29:02 PM by Pallando »

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #2590 on: April 13, 2016, 10:42:21 PM »
This is how I see them.

thisismyusername: sassy and intelligent, gay and opinionated, faces accusations of being "racist" but BBC isn't for everyone, seems proficient in coding and all that mainframe computer shit.
StealthFan: another bro rekt by mental illness, once a slick willy in the pussy game but now prediabetic from his prescribed atypical antipsychotics, shamed for saying questionable things but chalk it up to his beautiful mind.
That said, he will rise again, stabilize, lose the weight, reenter the workforce, and still get laid more than Atra. No more Wii U's, no more NEET bux. Instead, his reemergence will usher in a new era of dank memes.
King of the Internet: self-deprecating yet unabashed, depressed and self-medicating, fingerbangs mad chicks while lookin like Bale in the Machinist, at peace with his degeneracy, though I'm not convinced he's actually a bad person or as bad as he portrays himself to be.

TL;DR (AiA edit): Just a bunch of cacs.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #2591 on: April 13, 2016, 10:54:26 PM »
Wow, those summaries are pretty spot on.  :anhuld

Edit: Also, we'll know who to turn to when we want to create a BoreWiki.  :doge
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 11:02:21 PM by Pallando »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2592 on: April 14, 2016, 08:17:53 AM »
I made a stock investment earlier this year that has so far had a 31% return.  KEEP GOING BABY

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #2593 on: April 14, 2016, 08:26:18 AM »
This is how I see them.

thisismyusername: sassy and intelligent, gay and opinionated, faces accusations of being "racist" but BBC isn't for everyone, seems proficient in coding and all that mainframe computer shit.
StealthFan: another bro rekt by mental illness, once a slick willy in the pussy game but now prediabetic from his prescribed atypical antipsychotics, shamed for saying questionable things but chalk it up to his beautiful mind.
That said, he will rise again, stabilize, lose the weight, reenter the workforce, and still get laid more than Atra. No more Wii U's, no more NEET bux. Instead, his reemergence will usher in a new era of dank memes.
King of the Internet: self-deprecating yet unabashed, depressed and self-medicating, fingerbangs mad chicks while lookin like Bale in the Machinist, at peace with his degeneracy, though I'm not convinced he's actually a bad person or as bad as he portrays himself to be.

TL;DR (AiA edit): Just a bunch of cacs.

Shut it, CAC

:neogaf
YMMV

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #2594 on: April 14, 2016, 10:30:02 AM »
I made a stock investment earlier this year that has so far had a 31% return.  KEEP GOING BABY

in these dark stock times? tell me more

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2595 on: April 14, 2016, 10:37:07 AM »
I bought shares when they were low in late Jan/early Feb and the stock market has come back since mid March.  Just got lucky and timed it right.  Either way, I'm holding on long term but it still feels good!

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #2596 on: April 14, 2016, 10:38:29 AM »
I bought shares when they were low in late Jan/early Feb and the stock market has come back since mid March.  Just got lucky and timed it right.  Either way, I'm holding on long term but it still feels good!

Bounce it before september. Trust me.
YMMV

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2597 on: April 14, 2016, 04:23:56 PM »
Last December I had it out with my executive management over a proposal for a client where I was saying "They're going to run into this issue and the project will fail. We need to tell them to budget way more than they're expecting."

It quickly turned into a shitfest because they were like "Prove that this is an issue!" and I was like "I can't prove an issue that hasn't happened yet!"
In the end it was my proposal so I went with the whole "You're going to run into this issue. You need to budget double what you've got now."
Client was like "None of your other competitors are even talking about this and they're bigger than you are. You don't know what you're talking about" they essentially shut us out and wouldn't even talk to us or reply to emails and we lost the deal to one of those competitors. I took a huge capital L with my executive team.

Today I get an meeting invite from our CEO for a call with this client. I had two meetings at the same time and I was like "Nuh-uh, I'm not spending any more time on a call with this client getting beat up." So I excused myself went to the other meeting. Afterwards, I get a call from the big boss. Guess who is having issues? And now has a failed project that's now cost them more than double their initial budget because they didn't build for this issue I predicted?

Apparently the client came back saying that they should have listened and want us to come in and help them fix their project.
 :jawalrus

Of course, now most of their budget has been spent and I have to deal with these idiots again
:brazilcry
que

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2598 on: April 14, 2016, 07:00:19 PM »
Must be great to have such a clear purpose in life. :shaq

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2599 on: April 14, 2016, 07:38:04 PM »
Last December I had it out with my executive management over a proposal for a client where I was saying "They're going to run into this issue and the project will fail. We need to tell them to budget way more than they're expecting."

It quickly turned into a shitfest because they were like "Prove that this is an issue!" and I was like "I can't prove an issue that hasn't happened yet!"
In the end it was my proposal so I went with the whole "You're going to run into this issue. You need to budget double what you've got now."
Client was like "None of your other competitors are even talking about this and they're bigger than you are. You don't know what you're talking about" they essentially shut us out and wouldn't even talk to us or reply to emails and we lost the deal to one of those competitors. I took a huge capital L with my executive team.

Today I get an meeting invite from our CEO for a call with this client. I had two meetings at the same time and I was like "Nuh-uh, I'm not spending any more time on a call with this client getting beat up." So I excused myself went to the other meeting. Afterwards, I get a call from the big boss. Guess who is having issues? And now has a failed project that's now cost them more than double their initial budget because they didn't build for this issue I predicted?

Apparently the client came back saying that they should have listened and want us to come in and help them fix their project.
 :jawalrus

Of course, now most of their budget has been spent and I have to deal with these idiots again
:brazilcry

Mods, please change Puppy's name to "Cassandra."

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2600 on: April 15, 2016, 11:15:45 AM »
What if that's the presentation they exclusively give to non white male potential employees
:ohhh

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #2601 on: April 15, 2016, 11:30:00 AM »
"Ah... Looks like we've met our diversity quota for this year. Make it seem like we don't have our shit together. And spray some tomcat piss in the stairwells for good measure. That seems to work well." :snob  :doge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2602 on: April 15, 2016, 11:40:48 AM »
I really don't understand that. In interviews you always need to figure out who's selling. Either the candidate is selling themselves to the company or at times the company needs to sell itself to the candidate. I mean if you said yes to the job, I as an employer would be worried that you were either too dumb or too desparate for a job. If you were too dumb I wouldn't want you. If you were too desperate then you'll leave at the first opportunity.  In short:

que

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #2603 on: April 15, 2016, 11:48:34 AM »
I really don't understand that. In interviews you always need to figure out who's selling. Either the candidate is selling themselves to the company or at times the company needs to sell itself to the candidate. I mean if you said yes to the job, I as an employer would be worried that you were either too dumb or too desparate for a job. If you were too dumb I wouldn't want you. If you were too desperate then you'll leave at the first opportunity.  In short:

(Image removed from quote.)

Desperate is good. It means I get to put away my normal offer folder and reach for the 25% discount folder with no dental :lawd
YMMV

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2604 on: April 16, 2016, 10:12:59 PM »

Desperate is good. It means I get to put away my normal offer folder and reach for the 25% discount folder with no dental :lawd

Plus it just works better when the hooker has no teeth. 

Tasty

« Reply #2605 on: April 17, 2016, 02:55:17 AM »
Finally finished my latest short film on Thursday. The first draft was finished on September 26 so it's been a long journey, with January until now just being post-prod/editing. I didn't work on it as much as I coulda though, if I really hauled ass I probably could have finished it in January.

Really glad it's done though, my most ambitious project yet. 49 pages of script and 25 minutes of movie. Eight locations including various public places for the first time, one being a bar. The largest cast. The most After Effects work I've done. The best audio I've ever had. The clearest story and strongest character arcs. And also the most missed potential, in my opinion.

The response has been great though, and very encouraging. But it's clear I have a long ways to go to hone my skills. Looking forward to my next project already. To be honest I'd rather just write these things and make someone else do them, but since that's not an option I have to direct/edit/act as well. :P
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 03:00:32 AM by Tasty Meat »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2606 on: April 17, 2016, 05:40:40 AM »
Finally got my Unity project to work right. Another local Unity guy came over and pointed out the reason my UI wasn't working, and it was a simple fix (Inappropriate Canvas Scaler; also the name of my new Tim Powers-themed filk band).

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2607 on: April 17, 2016, 11:07:47 AM »
Got rid of all my consoles except the PS4 and that's only due to Amazon Video and Netflix.

I did the math, how much I get paid at work (aka how much is my time worth), how many minutes it would take to erase all my information, box it up, sell it to someone, and the resell value on consoles and realized I was better off just throwing them in the garbage instead.  So I did.

I want to get rid of my PS4 as well but no good solution exists with my TV.  Might get an Apple TV instead and then I can throw out my PS4.

I haven't felt the urge to play a game since I sold everything off a few weeks ago.  Feels good man
🍆🍆

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2608 on: April 17, 2016, 11:37:14 AM »
Good for you.

Self respect > *
🍆🍆

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #2609 on: April 17, 2016, 02:08:35 PM »
Girl came crying back to me and I said no.

Feels good.

Talking to a bish after you "have a nice life" her

Hope your sis remained neutral while mediating this. And if you did her in millennial style she better have felt anger in that End Call click.

GJ though. Cuttin ties is a hard thing to do period. The intertwined clusterfuck of social media only makes things worse.

If you gonna do it though, best to outright digitally murder them, mourn the loss and move on with your sanity.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2610 on: April 17, 2016, 02:24:31 PM »
Got rid of all my consoles except the PS4 and that's only due to Amazon Video and Netflix.

I did the math, how much I get paid at work (aka how much is my time worth), how many minutes it would take to erase all my information, box it up, sell it to someone, and the resell value on consoles and realized I was better off just throwing them in the garbage instead.  So I did.

I want to get rid of my PS4 as well but no good solution exists with my TV.  Might get an Apple TV instead and then I can throw out my PS4.

I haven't felt the urge to play a game since I sold everything off a few weeks ago.  Feels good man

you literally threw them in the trash?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2611 on: April 17, 2016, 02:25:56 PM »
Driving to a Goodwill wasn't worth his time, he made the calculations.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2612 on: April 17, 2016, 03:05:49 PM »

Feels good.

I prefer when girls cry in front of me. 

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2613 on: April 17, 2016, 03:14:18 PM »

you literally threw them in the trash?

Yes
🍆🍆

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2614 on: April 17, 2016, 03:17:43 PM »
 :mindblown

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2615 on: April 17, 2016, 03:27:47 PM »

Feels good.

Talking to a bish after you "have a nice life" her (Image removed from quote.)

Hope your sis remained neutral while mediating this. And if you did her in millennial style she better have felt anger in that End Call click.

GJ though. Cuttin ties is a hard thing to do period. The intertwined clusterfuck of social media only makes things worse.

If you gonna do it though, best to outright digitally murder them, mourn the loss and move on with your sanity.

Sis is staying out of it, she's on my side. My sis rules and has always been there for me. Even if she's good friends with my ex.

I don't hate the girl, she has a lot of issues I'm sympathetic towards but ultimately I stayed in longer than I should have. Told her we can probably be friends again, but only after she does some growing up.

I feel free, brehs. No pussy for a while but it's the way it gotta be. Applied for a green card and I'll be moving out to the states again by December if things work out. Till then? Dry dick city. Whattup, Pallando!
Can you at least hook me up with a referral?

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #2616 on: April 17, 2016, 03:33:25 PM »
I could use one as well. :hitler

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2617 on: April 17, 2016, 04:09:57 PM »
 :D

Just tell me what I need to do

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2618 on: April 17, 2016, 07:05:52 PM »

Feels good.

:rejoice

Beezy

« Reply #2619 on: April 17, 2016, 07:31:30 PM »
Went to The Alamo Drafthouse for the first time in about 2 years last night and accidentally left without paying for my food. I only realized this morning, so I called to see if I could pay over the phone since I remembered everything that I ordered. The manager I spoke to said he appreciates the call, but they can no longer accept payment for anything from yesterday. He didn't sound like he cared at all. Saved me about $60.  :mynicca

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2620 on: April 17, 2016, 07:50:10 PM »
Went to The Alamo Drafthouse for the first time in about 2 years last night and accidentally left without paying for my food. I only realized this morning, so I called to see if I could pay over the phone since I remembered everything that I ordered. The manager I spoke to said he appreciates the call, but they can no longer accept payment for anything from yesterday. He didn't sound like he cared at all. Saved me about $60.  :mynicca
I thought you did good yesterday. My wife needed some professional printed shit for school so we went to office depot. They were able to print about half before their printer fucked up. After about 30 minutes of waiting I said I'll just pay for what's printed and leave. The guy told me not to worry about it and we left.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2621 on: April 17, 2016, 09:44:15 PM »
Yesterday I got my tickets to what may be the last in person Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting.  I hear that after this year, it's all going to be webcasted instead.

Also I came across this hilarious thread today: http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=8562.0
🍆🍆

Tasty

« Reply #2622 on: April 17, 2016, 09:53:50 PM »

Also I came across this hilarious thread today: http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=8562.0

PD used to be "Michelle?" :dead

Phoenix Dark

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2624 on: April 18, 2016, 12:32:28 AM »
latinos :hitler
que

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2625 on: April 18, 2016, 12:33:21 AM »
No wonder I got a C+ in Spanish.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2626 on: April 18, 2016, 12:35:35 AM »
And here we all thought you got a D.
que

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #2627 on: April 18, 2016, 01:59:04 AM »
PD is so mature now.  :doge

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2628 on: April 18, 2016, 07:34:44 AM »
SO and I went to Ikea on Saturday and bought some shelves and a new desk for me then we spent the entire weekend reconfiguring my apartment to be more space efficient in preparation for her moving in.
nat

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #2629 on: April 19, 2016, 11:08:30 AM »
Think its safe to say i'm nightmare free for the time being. Haven't had one in months now.

:rejoice

What do Indian nightmares consists of? Botched English and flavorless curry? :dunno
YMMV

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #2630 on: April 19, 2016, 11:33:09 AM »
- getting shot

- fucking up somehow

- Donald Trump presidency

The usual, I guess :yeshrug

The Kali YUGE-gah

Tasty

« Reply #2631 on: April 19, 2016, 11:51:06 AM »
The only recurring theme in nightmares for me personally seems to be a nuke hitting. :(

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2632 on: April 19, 2016, 12:49:48 PM »
Man if I lived in Missouri I'd have dreams about getting shot too. That black/brown struggle :brazilcry

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2633 on: April 19, 2016, 02:22:01 PM »
Nah. Honestly I never felt unsafe in Detroit. Flint had me shook every time I visit though.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #2634 on: April 19, 2016, 11:22:22 PM »
I haven't had a nightmare for years. The perks of being dead inside!
WDW

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2635 on: April 19, 2016, 11:39:58 PM »
I have night hallucinations. Almost once a week I jump out the bed because I think I see something - usually bugs or an animal slowly falling towards my head. And 1-2 times where I don't jump out the bed but I react in some form or fashion.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2636 on: April 19, 2016, 11:42:16 PM »
And 1-2 times where I don't jump out the bed but I react in some form or fashion.

You're a little old to be wetting the bed.  Bet this wouldn't have happened had your mother desensitized you by watching the Simpsons. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2637 on: April 22, 2016, 04:10:41 PM »
Congrats on getting a job - even if its one that needs a drug test for.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2638 on: April 24, 2016, 07:35:44 PM »
Going to start a pathfinder game with friends.  My first D20 game at 27 years old. 

Tasty

« Reply #2639 on: April 24, 2016, 11:42:37 PM »
One of the threads was unstickied :rejoice

Edit- Nevermind :fbm
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:26:53 PM by Tasty Meat »