Author Topic: Overwatch - Not only a skill in Xcom  (Read 129495 times)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Re: Overwatch - new blizzard ip
« Reply #300 on: May 25, 2016, 12:43:32 PM »
hanzo and genji's engrish is fuckin offensive btw
You should hear Dirty Bomb's Kira.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #301 on: May 25, 2016, 12:48:01 PM »
They gave Kira a samurai sword in the last update, btw. :doge

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #302 on: May 25, 2016, 12:49:44 PM »
It's a Ninja-to. :smug

spoiler (click to show/hide)
They call it a katana, but it looks more like a Ninja-to.
:stahp
[close]
[close]

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #303 on: May 25, 2016, 12:51:33 PM »
That line about using Godzilla as a transitive verb is OK tho... :goty2

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #304 on: May 25, 2016, 12:53:22 PM »
It's a Ninja-to. :smug

They call it a katana, but it looks more like a Ninja-to.
:stahp
[close]
[close]

:expert

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #305 on: May 25, 2016, 12:54:44 PM »
"Such grenade, so concussed"

omfg

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #306 on: May 25, 2016, 02:52:28 PM »
why you no rikey?

Also goddamn I got cockblocked here but still managed POTG :doge

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #307 on: May 25, 2016, 05:48:30 PM »
Surprised I haven't been running into a shitload of bastions like in the beta.

Spoke too soon. Just played an entire team of bastion's on Anubis. We won but the length some people will go to.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #308 on: May 25, 2016, 06:05:10 PM »
Yeah I don't think I like this. It's not my style of game. Far too chaotic and twitchy. Also just seems so random and I dislike the level design. Not my style of FPS at all. Can't seem to do ok with any character.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #309 on: May 25, 2016, 06:47:53 PM »
the pro ass widowmakers are out now

Stoney Mason

« Reply #310 on: May 25, 2016, 08:43:50 PM »
http://overwatchlf.com/

Good site to use for grouping.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #311 on: May 25, 2016, 10:03:31 PM »
 :ussrcry :ussrcry :ussrcry

Getting the hang of Zarya.  Hope I get the cyber goth skin soon  :'(

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #312 on: May 26, 2016, 01:03:28 AM »
Somehow Reinhard and Mercy being German annoys me, eventhough in world of tanks I play German tanks only

Kara

« Reply #313 on: May 26, 2016, 02:51:41 AM »
She's Swiss, baka.

On a related note, when they introduce a report feature to this game it's because of me. I've gone full HoNtrash already.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #314 on: May 26, 2016, 02:56:17 AM »
potato, potatoe

G The Resurrected

« Reply #315 on: May 26, 2016, 03:28:17 AM »
I got into a crazy back and forth as Mei vs another Mei. It was insanely tense through the match culminating in an awesome win. I really like this game a lot more than I thought I ever would have.

archie4208

« Reply #316 on: May 26, 2016, 08:25:24 AM »

Perfect accuracy.  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Beezy

« Reply #317 on: May 26, 2016, 09:37:20 AM »
Used Mei for the first time yesterday and had one of my best matches ever. Her ice gun is a problem.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #318 on: May 26, 2016, 11:01:31 AM »
So learn the maps. You are the most spastic cunt
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #319 on: May 26, 2016, 11:10:33 AM »
The health packs regenerate very quickly. The maps -are- smaller focused maps. The side rooms are for flanking.
fat

archie4208

« Reply #320 on: May 26, 2016, 11:16:36 AM »
The only map I hate is Hanamura because of the sole chokepoint at the A capture site.  Shit feels too constrained when attacking.

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #321 on: May 26, 2016, 11:44:11 AM »

Getting the hang of Zarya.  Hope I get the cyber goth skin soon  :'(

I hope Blizz starts rethinking her ult charge speed. She could be an excellent hard counter to Widowmaker since her beam can knock widow her off snipe points while no other tank can do that but her ult charge is just so fucking slow that everyone else will just charge you without the fear of getting wiped by her cannon. More ult opportunities and they have to be more careful since she can deploy gravity well and get them to fuck off (Especially as that is designed to be close quarters).

The game has an OK balance for now but there's some obvious shit blizz need to take a look at like Symatrea having the slowest ult charge in the game for a utility ult that gets nuked instantly as the other team knows to start looking once the voice line about teleporters is heard. I'm not saying she needs Mercy levels of speed on her ult but she's got so low offensive capability that her game should be all about team support and getting charges for that instead of kills. They nailed the risk/reward of using Mercy perfectly in that she's a high mobility glass cannon who sacrifices most of her offensive capability for a powerful ult that charges quick and often but you get nowhere near that with Symatrea.

Utility and defense based ults should be charging quicker than offense based ults to at least promote team play.   

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #322 on: May 26, 2016, 11:59:43 AM »
That would make Lucio even more OP, yes please buff defense ults
fat

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #323 on: May 26, 2016, 12:23:15 PM »
My biggest gripe with symmetra is 25 shields is fucking useless. It used to be 50 a few betas ago but that made decent genjis and tracers near impossible to deal with but now it's firmly in why even bother territory.  Someone on another forum had a good idea of maybe changing it to something like say, its still 50 if you're near symmetra or her turrets but 25 if you wander off.

I wouldn't mind it if they just scrapped it all together and maybe gave her another offensive ability? Her beam is super strong though, it's just got no range. I've completely disrupted and surprised teams when I get POTG with her off a decent flank using it.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #324 on: May 26, 2016, 12:29:04 PM »
Symetra is fun to play. I got the "hit an enemy with 7 beams" achievement almost immediately. Need to "teleport 20 players" now. It's going to be extremely rare to destroy 3 teleporters in 1 match - unless theres more than one Symetra on their team.
fat

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #325 on: May 26, 2016, 01:37:35 PM »
If I could I'd probably play an all-Mei version of Overwatch. Just freeze shit, make walls and talk ching chong behind the enemies back.
:gurl

Bonus!
This game is really stupid.
Get it. It's a great game. A great, great game. Just great.
[close]

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #326 on: May 26, 2016, 02:19:02 PM »
just fuck off already dude jesus christ

« Reply #327 on: May 26, 2016, 02:30:46 PM »
 :dunno

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #328 on: May 26, 2016, 02:47:43 PM »
This is why every OT on GAF is a hugbox.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #329 on: May 26, 2016, 03:31:44 PM »
It is pretty distinguished mentally-challenged that there's no ping check and no team score info after the match, unless I'm missing something.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #330 on: May 26, 2016, 03:40:01 PM »
There should be a ping but I'm so glad there is no traditional scoreboard that emphasizes KD.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #331 on: May 26, 2016, 03:49:16 PM »
I get why they did it but some way to dig into stats, not just KD, would be nice

Stoney Mason

« Reply #332 on: May 26, 2016, 03:59:18 PM »
I get why they did it but some way to dig into stats, not just KD, would be nice

I understand the desire to have it and parse the data. Especially on a personal level. I just think its ultimately destructive for teamwork in a game like this. That traditional end of game scoreboard so alters how everybody plays in just about every traditional shooter. It's so refreshing to finish a game in Overwatch and have people talking about plays they made as a team instead of ego stroking about how they went off that game. Not that I excuse myself. I'm as guilty of it as anybody else.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #333 on: May 26, 2016, 04:42:58 PM »

?? There is a way to look at your individual stats.

Theres entire menus for it on the home screen (Career Profile), and if you press "back" (or whatever equivilant on PC) you can see your own individual stats at the bottom of the screen.

There's even an online version on the Overwatch site.

Here is me:

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/career/xbl/demi
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 04:48:17 PM by demi »
fat

Stoney Mason

« Reply #334 on: May 26, 2016, 04:53:27 PM »
It's so refreshing to finish a game in Overwatch and have people talking about plays they made as a team instead of ego stroking about how they went off that game.

Are we talking about the same game? No one is talking about how they're working as a team. Only when the team screws up do they bother mentioning the team. Everyone is playing for kills. Even the PotG is solely focused on kills.

Overwatch is awfully schizophrenic.

I always play in a group. So that is not my experience.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #335 on: May 26, 2016, 04:55:04 PM »
I guess on PC if you turn on performance stats, your ping is in there. It's not as easy as hitting Tab but it's something.
?? There is a way to look at your individual stats.

Theres entire menus for it on the home screen (Career Profile), and if you press "back" (or whatever equivilant on PC) you can see your own individual stats at the bottom of the screen.

There's even an online version on the Overwatch site.

Here is me:

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/career/xbl/demi
well shit, thanks

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/career/pc/us/notworksafe-1506 too bad it doesn't include my beta stats  :-\
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 05:00:10 PM by nachobro »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #337 on: May 26, 2016, 06:30:25 PM »
tpain is playing on twitch right now

https://www.twitch.tv/tpain
fat

Kara

« Reply #338 on: May 26, 2016, 06:38:56 PM »
MOBA :trash

MOBA-inspired gaming :trash

I've been playing with my old Dota stack and thanks to Overwatch being 6 vs. 6 instead of Dota's 5 vs. 5 we get a whole extra pub to abuse every game.

MOBAs :rejoice

MOBA-inspired gaming :rejoice

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #339 on: May 26, 2016, 06:51:49 PM »
yeah solo queuing in this is done already lol and even if you stack get ready to put ya try hard pants on because im running into a lot of double winston double lucio type shit

Sugar Pie Honey Bunch

« Reply #340 on: May 26, 2016, 08:14:39 PM »
My favorite thing is that the game has only been out three days but there's already tons of forum asswipes boohooing and calling their matchmade teammates garbage, as if they're potential video game champions or something. Why, they could be shining blizzard superstars, with all the glory and fame that title brings, if it weren't for the worst team ever dragging them down.

You're on a team. If your team loses, it's partially your responsibility, and that makes you a fucking loser just like everyone else on the team.  I haven't played much, but if some dick starts giving me grief about playing bad or not playing the way they want me to, I'm going to play even worse on purpose just for the chucks. I hope it makes them so mad they have a stroke.

Kara

« Reply #341 on: May 26, 2016, 09:22:18 PM »
You pick Widowmaker when your team already has one, don't you.

« Reply #342 on: May 26, 2016, 09:25:03 PM »
You guys are surprised that people who play team-based video games are elite level sperglords?
😈

Sugar Pie Honey Bunch

« Reply #343 on: May 26, 2016, 09:32:21 PM »
Not at all. Usually takes more than three days for the baww to hit this level, though.

Lucio and Zenyatta 4Lyfe, dog.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #344 on: May 26, 2016, 09:44:43 PM »
If you don't have peeps to play this with I don't know why anyone would bother.
Hi

Stoney Mason

« Reply #345 on: May 26, 2016, 09:54:32 PM »
https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/career/xbl/Stoney%20Mason

I have to play Reinhardt alot with the group I'm with so I don't get a lot of kills.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #346 on: May 26, 2016, 09:58:24 PM »
Not at all. Usually takes more than three days for the baww to hit this level, though.

I don't play with randoms in this game so I have no idea how bad it is it is but I haven't played a shooter in forever where everybody wasn't bitching about the team sucking. Hell I've been called a distinguished black fellow while playing multiplayer peggle. 

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #347 on: May 26, 2016, 10:08:33 PM »
I don't have a problem with picking widowmaker or w/e but fucking switch. If we're getting slaughtered and need a mercy or another lucio don't keep playing zenyatta or genji or w/e the fuck. Don't be that guy. Switch to whatever the team needs atm.

Side Note: Symmetra and Lucio can have a small conversation about freedom where he says to which she says something like "Freedom is an illusion that does more harm than help"

Sugar Pie Honey Bunch

« Reply #348 on: May 26, 2016, 10:55:45 PM »

I don't play with randoms in this game so I have no idea how bad it is it is but I haven't played a shooter in forever where everybody wasn't bitching about the team sucking. Hell I've been called a distinguished black fellow while playing multiplayer peggle.

I'm talking about forum bitching. That gaf thread is like a Macy's parade where every float is made of salt. I haven't even heard anyone talk at all in the matches I've played (console version).

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #349 on: May 26, 2016, 11:22:02 PM »
I can only play a few matches before I ragequit myself

They need to add something that shows who is in a group on the other team - like Destiny

They need to add a way to leave with your group - like Destiny
fat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #350 on: May 26, 2016, 11:41:31 PM »
She's Swiss, baka.

On a related note, when they introduce a report feature to this game it's because of me. I've gone full HoNtrash already.
potato, potatoe
To be fair, Switzerland is one of the few countries which wasn't even briefly "German" in the '40s.

Kara

« Reply #351 on: May 26, 2016, 11:55:35 PM »
I didn't want to belabor the point but there's the whole the medic is from Switzerland thing which loses its quaint Blizzardian "on the nose" quality if she's just German... same thing as thinking of our Australian contingent (which includes a criminal and a survivor of the irradiated wasteland of the Outback) as just British (even if the Queen is on their fake Australian money).

On a completely unrelated note, never say Blizzard is in any way remotely creative.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 10:57:15 AM by Kara »

Kara

« Reply #352 on: May 27, 2016, 01:14:06 AM »

trying to think how i could have made this game more "overwatch solo queue"... playing support soldier 76??

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #353 on: May 27, 2016, 01:23:54 AM »
If you don't have peeps to play this with I don't know why anyone would bother.

having a lot of fun solo

bluemax

« Reply #354 on: May 27, 2016, 02:45:36 AM »

Lucio and Zenyatta 4Lyfe, dog.

I dunno, I've played a number of MOBA betas over the years and I recall being called some pretty awful things in the first hour or so of a beta. It's a weird sort of logic when you call someone a noob in a game that's only been publically available for an hour or two.
NO

Stoney Mason

« Reply #355 on: May 27, 2016, 05:57:37 AM »
I don't think they should add lots of modes that divide the community. But a solo queue mode would be appreciated. That along with the ranked mode they will eventually add and the weekly random mode should be sufficient.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #356 on: May 27, 2016, 08:12:41 AM »
I have a feeling they might add solo content too

just like they added solo content to Hearthstone

edit: maybe even coop dungeons/raids
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 08:59:25 AM by Premium Lager »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #357 on: May 27, 2016, 09:04:41 AM »
Nobody talks in this game, either. I will sit there and call my team trash, nothing. Nobody to tell me to STFU, nobody to tell me I'm ass myself.
fat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #358 on: May 27, 2016, 09:07:30 AM »
they do on PC, sometimes I tell my team what to do too, like get behind my shield when I push etc

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #359 on: May 27, 2016, 09:26:14 AM »
Hell I've been called a distinguished black fellow while playing multiplayer peggle.

How is that possible? I thought Peggle had no online? :doge