Author Topic: It's 20XX and people are mad online about Star War!  (Read 557517 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: How bout that Star War huh?
« Reply #780 on: December 21, 2015, 06:42:04 PM »
TFA is awesome, and I will leave this thread now
"You were right about one thing: the negotiations were brief...!"

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #781 on: December 21, 2015, 07:01:58 PM »
Tried to see it in theaters with a friend. Every fucking seat was taken in two theaters except for a couple seats in the nose bleeds and two seats all the way in the back that weren't next to each other. Checked multiple times in two theaters, we were shit outta luck. Decided to go to a bar instead.

Fuck this pre-order seating bullshit, I don't remember this for any blockbuster in the past. If you want a good seat, get there before everyone else and stalk it out. The fact that movie theaters want to push their ticket pre-order system pisses me off.

Seriously, so if someone gets to theater a couple hours before everyone else, that doesn't matter if people pre-order their tickets and show up ten minutes before the movie starts? So fucking dumb.
OH!

« Reply #782 on: December 21, 2015, 07:04:25 PM »
Tried to see it in theaters with a friend. Every fucking seat was taken in two theaters except for a couple seats in the nose bleeds and two seats all the way in the back that weren't next to each other. Checked multiple times in two theaters, we were shit outta luck. Decided to go to a bar instead.

Fuck this pre-order seating bullshit, I don't remember this for any blockbuster in the past. If you want a good seat, get there before everyone else and stalk it out. The fact that movie theaters want to push their ticket pre-order system pisses me off.

Seriously, so if someone gets to theater a couple hours before everyone else, that doesn't matter if people pre-order their tickets and show up ten minutes before the movie starts? So fucking dumb.

You must not go to sporting events or plays or certain concerts or other things.

I like reserved seating.
野球

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #783 on: December 21, 2015, 07:06:00 PM »

???

when you buy a movie ticket don't you get assigned a seat? that's how literally every movie theater I've been to has done it.

mormapope

« Reply #784 on: December 21, 2015, 07:09:41 PM »
I've been to stand up comedy shows (reserved seating) and live shows that didn't have reserved seating. Reserved seating makes sense for living people doing something live, there's spectacle around seeing someone up close or whatever distance you want to see them.

For movies though? Dumb as all hell. Instead of spontaneously deciding to see a movie with friends or family, it now has to be a orchestrated event.

This won't be an issue soon though, just sucks that I was finally getting hyped up and then it was deflated instantly.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 07:14:06 PM by mormapope »
OH!

Mods Help

« Reply #785 on: December 21, 2015, 07:12:43 PM »

???

when you buy a movie ticket don't you get assigned a seat? that's how literally every movie theater I've been to has done it.

No, not in America unless you go to specific theaters. In America it's a free for all. Watch Seinfeld.

mormapope

« Reply #786 on: December 21, 2015, 07:12:54 PM »

???

For the theaters I've been to, the ticket stub was used as a confirmation that you've paid to see a movie, people next to the movie entrances would check. Other than that seating has been musical chair style for as long as I remember.
OH!

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #787 on: December 21, 2015, 07:29:32 PM »
excellent display of entitlement, pls continue

so glad we are a civilised country and don't have to fuck with unassigned seats in popular films. forethought and planning leading to getting what you want :lawd

◕‿◕

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #788 on: December 21, 2015, 07:32:24 PM »
:wag don't be rude. that's their culture and we should respect it :doge

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #789 on: December 21, 2015, 07:33:01 PM »
Assigned seats would be great, when you go to the movies in a huge group you just look like an asshole telling people half your crew is buying shit in the lobby, these seats are taken sorry. Not to mention trying to get several seats in a row can be a challenge.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #790 on: December 21, 2015, 07:34:29 PM »
All the AMC's on my side of town have gone to reserved seating and most of the Cinemarks too. Thank god for it too. I fucking loathe having to stalk out a good seat. I had to wait 2+ hours to get a decent seat for Avatar in 2009. I don't have time for that shit.

Mods Help

« Reply #791 on: December 21, 2015, 07:34:38 PM »
For what it's worth, I would prefer assigned seats.

My preferred seat "right in middle of the theater, smack dab in the center" is a popular seat though. Either that, or close to the front, but it's trying times when gunmen shoot up theaters and they're most likely to sit up front to block anyone from leaving.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #792 on: December 21, 2015, 07:36:31 PM »
regarding why nerds are insufferable, i think a large part of it is because they invest so much of themselves and their emotions into franchises that they enjoy but don't create. when the franchise doesn't go the way they want they bitch and moan like they were entitled to get whatever THEY wanted instead of what the creators wanted to achieve.

i dunno if I'm explaining it right, but it's like a fucked up entitlement to think that something you didn't create should be exactly as you say.  like how nerds view their love of a franchise as a two way relationship and get all emotional about it and what the fuck am i even saying urgh these meds are really fucking with me
pcp

Mods Help

« Reply #793 on: December 21, 2015, 07:37:39 PM »
when you go to the movies in a huge group you just look like an asshole telling people half your crew is buying shit in the lobby

Who buys anything in the lobby anymore? Legit question, I haven't done it in years. Shit is too expensive. Better to eat before going to the movie.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #794 on: December 21, 2015, 07:38:04 PM »
Various fanbases have way too much personal stock in their franchises/hobbies and any sort of negative response to them elicits an extremely defensive position rather than just "okay it wasn't your cup of tea."

when you go to the movies in a huge group you just look like an asshole telling people half your crew is buying shit in the lobby

Who buys anything in the lobby anymore? Legit question, I haven't done it in years. Shit is too expensive. Better to eat before going to the movie.

Beer and cocktails don't have that much mark up tbh.

mormapope

« Reply #795 on: December 21, 2015, 07:38:32 PM »
forethought and planning leading to getting what you want

..And planning to get to a theater early to get the seats you want isn't?

"Excellent display of entitlement"  ::)

I wanted to see a movie with a friend at the moment and every showtime had booked seats, I got disappointed and did something else with my time.

I'm glad you treat movies with such careful thought at tact, but I value spontaneous action and getting somewhere first over reserved seating for a screen and projector.
OH!

Mods Help

« Reply #796 on: December 21, 2015, 07:40:04 PM »
Various fanbases have way too much personal stock in their franchises/hobbies and any sort of negative response to them elicits an extremely defensive position rather than just "okay it wasn't your cup of tea."

I'm thankful that I have a local Movie Tavern. I guess I'm spoiled. No one has to leave because we use a thing to call the service to us. You can order beer and booze too, and they bring it to you. Place owns.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #797 on: December 21, 2015, 07:40:28 PM »
I've done both planning and spontaneous. You can't really do spontaneous the first couple weeks in the evening with certain films and expect a decent seat  :yeshrug.
Spontaneous I leave for what's playing at the second run theater with the good food and couches, ooo.

Mods Help

« Reply #798 on: December 21, 2015, 07:41:37 PM »

Serious question but tying into that and Star Wars, how come there are so many that thing Return of the Jedi is a shit movie because of the Ewok's existence? Is this a generational fan thing?

Mods Help

« Reply #799 on: December 21, 2015, 07:42:19 PM »
You can't always plan with a movie like Star Wars anyways.

mormapope

« Reply #800 on: December 21, 2015, 07:43:10 PM »
You can't really do spontaneous the first couple weeks in the evening with certain films and expect a decent seat

This is what it came down to, I realized it was sunday night and the new Star Wars came out a few days earlier. The disappointment came from every showtime at two separate theaters, in all formats, having almost all the seats reserved.

"The 2D showing two hours from now, nine at night, has those seats available? (Nosebleeds, handicap, and two seats not next to each other at the top of the theater)"

Its really no biggie in the end.
OH!

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #801 on: December 21, 2015, 07:43:18 PM »

Serious question but tying into that and Star Wars, how come there are so many that thing Return of the Jedi is a shit movie because of the Ewok's existence? Is this a generational fan thing?

I've seen that argument around for as long as I've had the Internet
pcp

Mods Help

« Reply #802 on: December 21, 2015, 07:44:16 PM »

I seriously need an explanation. It has always screamed anal in terms of nitpicks but what do I know? I watched that movie when I was 11 and it was my favorite. I never realized people think ROTJ is the turning point for Star Wars turning to shit until I got the internet. It was a total :wtf for me considering ROTJ was my fave.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #803 on: December 21, 2015, 07:44:52 PM »

Others will have to answer this, I don't want to take a large "I was never really into star wars" shit in here. Just wanted to say that I wish more theaters would have reserved seating so you could buy group tickets in a batch and manage to sit together.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #804 on: December 21, 2015, 07:49:06 PM »
if you are a teen or young adult trying to take it seriously the ewoks running around like teletubbies probably stand out in a bad way

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #805 on: December 21, 2015, 07:49:55 PM »
The mistake is trying to take it seriously in the first place though  :doge

It's got serious moments but it's hardly a serious batch of films...

Funny enough I think that's why the prequels are as terrible as they are, just tryhard stupid shit...

Mods Help

« Reply #806 on: December 21, 2015, 07:51:36 PM »
I'd say the special edition Jabba's den dance scene stands out in a more embarrassing manner. I didn't get to see Jedi in theaters when the special edition was out, so I had to settle on renting the original from Blockbuster. Imagine my shock when I watched the special editions later on and had to deal with that awful dance number.

I guess if you're a teen and take it see that. I guess I never took Star Wars seriously in that manner.

I guess we all like different things in Star Wars. I've always liked the lore and history, and fantasy elements, and destiny, and the spiritual shit. It was a fun action-adventure series with awesome plot twists and well told stories for me. I never saw any reason to take it seriously, but again, this factors into what I mentioned earlier about age and when we were exposed to Star Wars.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #807 on: December 21, 2015, 07:54:16 PM »

I seriously need an explanation. It has always screamed anal in terms of nitpicks but what do I know? I watched that movie when I was 11 and it was my favorite. I never realized people think ROTJ is the turning point for Star Wars turning to shit until I got the internet. It was a total :wtf for me considering ROTJ was my fave.

Because the entire existence of the ewoks was a ploy to sell toys to kids. The original script had the final battle over the Wookie homeworld, and that shit would have owned hardcore. Instead we got marketable teddy bears that thought C3P0 was a god.

yar

mormapope

« Reply #808 on: December 21, 2015, 07:54:57 PM »
ROTJ doesn't put as much value in the main cast of characters versus other movies. They're still incredibly valuable, but a lot of the battling and fighting feels trivial compared to happened in Empire.

For example, in Empire, every non Empire character (as in, they aren't in or involved with the inner workings of The Empire) gets dealt a terrible hand, and there's a lot of tragedy mixed in with a struggle. Battles felt like there was a lot at stake for the characters. Anxiety and mystery are its key themes.

Return of the Jedi, the battles feel very bombastic and much more light hearted. Not just due to the Ewoks either. The battles on Endor feel like a waste of time when it comes to plot development and storytelling. Neat action scenes, but they're pretty empty as a whole.

The best thing about ROTJ is Luke, Palpatine, and Vader all in the same room and the context behind the drama. Those parts of the movie rival everything great from The Empire Strikes Back.

If the movie worked around that conflict, of sith trying to convert Jedi, more than Endor and space battling, it would be viewed a lot more favorably.

I think the hate it gets is weird. 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 08:03:07 PM by mormapope »
OH!

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #809 on: December 21, 2015, 07:55:01 PM »
forethought and planning leading to getting what you want

..And planning to get to a theater early to get the seats you want isn't?

"Excellent display of entitlement"  ::)

I wanted to see a movie with a friend at the moment and every showtime had booked seats, I got disappointed and did something else with my time.

I'm glad you treat movies with such careful thought at tact, but I value spontaneous action and getting somewhere first over reserved seating for a screen and projector.

Mainly jus fuckin wit u coz  :umad

though i honestly don't get the hate for booking systems, I also saw tfa on a whim, whipped out the phone on sunday after an early afternoon nap  :foxx  looked up sessions with available seating -the one I naturally would've tried was booked out, though one of the four evening sessions after that wasn't even half full. If there wasn't a decent seating plan online i would've had no idea what sessions were available and the cinema staff would've been dealing with hordes of frustrated freaks trying to get a seat. Where's the negative? win-win right?
◕‿◕

Mods Help

« Reply #810 on: December 21, 2015, 07:59:55 PM »

Because the entire existence of the ewoks was a ploy to sell toys to kids. The original script had the final battle over the Wookie homeworld, and that shit would have owned hardcore. Instead we got marketable teddy bears that thought C3P0 was a god.

(Image removed from quote.)

That would have been better, but they're not that detracting enough as to say,"Jedi sucks because ewoks"

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #811 on: December 21, 2015, 08:02:09 PM »
The Ewok thing was a literal cash grab and they didn't really bother to do anything with the script to make it work.
vin

mormapope

« Reply #812 on: December 21, 2015, 08:02:17 PM »
The mistake is trying to take it seriously in the first place though  :doge

It's got serious moments but it's hardly a serious batch of films...

Funny enough I think that's why the prequels are as terrible as they are, just tryhard stupid shit...

To add to this, appreciating the craft of something versus worshiping something due to nostalgia/feels is the biggest difference between rational Star Wars fans and the manchildren lunatics.

OH!

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #813 on: December 21, 2015, 08:04:29 PM »

the prequels should have been a really dry political stage play that is all set in space senate backrooms without a lightsabre or skywalker in sight. just jimmy smits, terence stamp and ian mcdiarmid having it out over embargoes and rammifications.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 08:09:17 PM by headwalk »

Mods Help

« Reply #814 on: December 21, 2015, 08:07:02 PM »
Ewoks are definitely a cash grab. But I'm not sure why that makes Jedi inherently a bad movie.

« Reply #815 on: December 21, 2015, 08:15:08 PM »

I'm thankful that I have a local Movie Tavern. I guess I'm spoiled. No one has to leave because we use a thing to call the service to us. You can order beer and booze too, and they bring it to you. Place owns.

I don't have a Movie Tavern, but the local laser tag place (yes, laser tag) has a couple of bistro style theaters. Reserved seating, leather reclining chairs, full food and drink menu with orders brought to you. I refuse to see a movie in a regular theater ever again.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #816 on: December 21, 2015, 08:22:02 PM »
Last time I really cared about the theater was basically DK and Inception, really wanted to see in IMAX more for the sound quality than the pic, got tickets and got there early to ensure a decent seat. I can't imagine how much IMAX is now but I could see myself wanting to shell out for the Revenant because the cinematography looks intense.

« Reply #817 on: December 21, 2015, 08:25:16 PM »
There's a Sundance Cinema pretty close to my house. 21+, reserved seating and beer/wine/cocktails. My wife and I go there for as many movies as possible.
野球

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #818 on: December 21, 2015, 08:26:46 PM »
all the flagship screens had it in 3D here, which is somewhere behind watching it on my phone on the tube as far as preferential movie-going experience goes.

was surprised to see how many wanky indie cinemas sold themselves out to the lure of star wars though.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #819 on: December 21, 2015, 09:38:27 PM »
Ewoks are the primary cause for why RotJ is a crap movie. There's good stuff in there, but the climactic battle of the series, which was supposed to be Wookiees until George realized he could sell more toys with teddy bears, is disrupted horribly by midget aliens using sticks and slingshots to take down a heavily armed and armored occupational force. There are cloying shots of their idyllic tribal existence both before and after the battle (despite hints that they are clearly wiling to eat other sentient beings, probably the only thing I enjoy about their alien-ness). It just felt like GL was not taking it seriously any longer, and was more interested in selling toys than storytelling.

CTRL-ALT-DEL (not actual spoiler)
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Mods Help

« Reply #820 on: December 21, 2015, 09:49:03 PM »
That guys art is so much better now. Good highlights and shadows.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #821 on: December 21, 2015, 09:54:16 PM »
ROTJ is weak overall compared to the other two OT films, but its space battle scenes are among the best ever made:

« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 10:04:50 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Mods Help

« Reply #822 on: December 21, 2015, 10:10:39 PM »
How is ROTJ weaker the A New Hope? I maintain the first one is the weakest of the original trilogy.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #823 on: December 21, 2015, 10:32:01 PM »
A New Hope is a simple, straight-up scifi adventure movie done well. It had a clear through line that it follows and rarely does it feel like it's deviating from that or adding in unnecessary things [special edition notwithstanding]. ROTJ, though, felt like it lacked focus at times and got distracted occasionally, along with relying more on dumb goofball humor for levity that was a hallmark of Lucas's later Star Wars movies [except ROTS] and the special edition of ANH. So, I just really feel like ROTJ, despite having some really great scenes, never quite came together into an amazing whole the way it should have.
dog

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #824 on: December 21, 2015, 10:36:22 PM »
i pressed reply, went to have a shower and rumbler typed up my answer.

Mods Help

« Reply #825 on: December 21, 2015, 11:01:42 PM »
A New Hope is a simple, straight-up scifi adventure movie done well. It had a clear through line that it follows and rarely does it feel like it's deviating from that or adding in unnecessary things [special edition notwithstanding]. ROTJ, though, felt like it lacked focus at times and got distracted occasionally, along with relying more on dumb goofball humor for levity that was a hallmark of Lucas's later Star Wars movies [except ROTS] and the special edition of ANH. So, I just really feel like ROTJ, despite having some really great scenes, never quite came together into an amazing whole the way it should have.

I feel like ANH is boring on rewatches. The worldbuilding in the first half gets boring after seeing it so many times. The Death Star, which is propped up as the biggest, baddest weapon in the universe has an open, very glaring flaw. It's dumb. Not only that, but the entire sequence isn't even impressive. The plan is simple to the point of boring. There is no strategy except "cover me!". The fighters pilots go through a single filed trench and Luke has to use the force to even aim. It's pretty lame. What's worse, Luke and Vader barely even confront one another despite the fact he sent people to kill his aunt and uncle, AND murdered his master in front of his eyes. This is compounded with the fact that Luke is annoying as hell in Ep 4 and Solo is the one that steals the show. Jedi is a poorly paced, badly edited, dated project, and we haven't even gotten into the actual bad scenes like the garbage compactor scene "3cpo WHERE ARE YOUUUU?!" It takes almost an hour for the party to get to get into space.

On the other hand, you've got Jedi. You've got a multi-faceted infiltration on Jabba's den within the first ten minutes. A Rancor. Force powers. The Sarlak Pit. Boba being treated like the complete jobber he is, the shit stain. Luke's development as a Jedi. You've got shocking revelations of Luke's family (Leia being his sister). The Death Star is operational but now the Empire aren't stupid anymore. Now, it has no glaring flaw on the outside. To make matters even more tense, they have to send a team INSIDE the core of the Death Star and blow it up from within, AND send a ground team to lower the buildings shields. The Battle of Endor is a long, epic battle that starts from the ground engaging with a Kurosawa-esque horse fight except on speeder bikes. The team actually uses strategy here too, again, unlike the original Death Star scene. The actual death star 2 fight is amazing. Then we get to the throne room. The throne room is the best scene in the entire series. It's really hard to top it and nothing in A New Hope really does. Luke dragging Darth Vader's dying body through the halls is an emotional highlight that that you never really get in ANH. The only REAL defining negative of Jedi are Ewoks but they're easy to ignore because they're cute as hell. Jedi has some low points, but it's made alright in that its highs aren't just "great scenes". They're really, really high marks that exceed even Empire. Jedi is a combination of world building and the fast paced action that the series is known for. ANH stumbles through the world building section, and its action set pieces never really rival Jedi's.

TLDR: A New Hope is overrated as fuck and I think it gets its reputation from being the first Star Wars movie. Throne room for life.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #826 on: December 21, 2015, 11:21:02 PM »
probably my favourite moment of TFA:
[close]

Mods Help

« Reply #827 on: December 22, 2015, 12:06:34 AM »
I don't even see that stuff as problems. I legitimately enjoy C3P0 telling their story to the Ewoks and Ewoks trying to burn them. Finally, C3P0 has his moment! I never found the Ewoks out of place, either. It always made sense to me, especially with knowledge that the technologically advanced don't always win battles. I've always thought it was cool how the Empire always flexed its technologically superior dick and they get beat out by a bunch of forest dwellers.

I do feel Han and Leia are just there, but honestly, they also had that problem in ESB in between Hoth and Cloud City. Ever since the Han and Leia relationship morphed in to some hideous love story, they've always kinda been there. Han's "admit it princess, you want this!" in ESB is beyond forced and excruciating. Thank fuck the new trilogy isn't going to have any of that awful shit.

I like A New Hope. I saw it three times in theaters when the Special Edition was released. I've seen it a lot, but there's no denying it's barebones and pretty simple compared to the rest of the good Star Wars films.

I agree with the idea that Star Wars should entertain you. I find ANH the least entertaining, and I find that its Hidden Fortress retelling are a deterrent more than anything. Especially since Hidden Fortress isn't even that great of a Kurosawa movie.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #828 on: December 22, 2015, 12:10:46 AM »
If there's a woman in something and she's attractive, chances are she's hooking up with someone or someones.  :doge

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #829 on: December 22, 2015, 12:15:41 AM »
If there's a woman in something and she's attractive, chances are she's hooking up with someone or someones.  :doge
So you're saying I have no chance with Captain Phasma?

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #830 on: December 22, 2015, 12:18:08 AM »

I'm saying be ready for some corny and forced relationships  :yeshrug

Mods Help

« Reply #831 on: December 22, 2015, 12:20:58 AM »

Leia goes from a badass - although still a damsel - in ANH to a character whose main purpose is seeing which one of the boys is going to get. It's especially disappointing that after we find out she's a Skywalker we really don't see her use any force powers which is a complete waste.

Genuinely terrible. I hope the new trilogy has ZERO ROMANCE, especially between Rey and Finn. Then again, a black man hooking up with a white woman is enough to make neckbeard racists to cry, as if they had any chance. :rejoice

Mods Help

« Reply #832 on: December 22, 2015, 12:23:20 AM »

I'm saying be ready for some corny and forced relationships  :yeshrug

There's hope yet. Rey isn't a Mary Sue, and it flips many gender tropes on its head.

SPOILERS

Seeing a woman protagonist with a lightsaber in a Star Wars movie made me legit emotional Mod
[close]

:brazilcry
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 12:27:45 AM by Mods Help »

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #833 on: December 22, 2015, 12:25:00 AM »
She doesn't necessarily have to be a Mary Sue for her to get a man in the end, which pretty much always happens...

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #834 on: December 22, 2015, 12:25:18 AM »
That was so bad-ass. Just fucking phenomenal.

...What's "Dev"?
[close]

Mods Help

« Reply #835 on: December 22, 2015, 12:27:13 AM »
She doesn't necessarily have to be a Mary Sue for her to get a man in the end, which pretty much always happens...

She doesn't have to be a Mary Sue, but most genre fiction that puts female protagonists on screen, especially young adult fiction like Hunger Games very much make their main characters Mary Sue's.

The romance thing is a separate issue.

mormapope

« Reply #836 on: December 22, 2015, 12:27:31 AM »
You're all wrong.

Rey is a lesbian.

The meltdowns will bring the world to its knees.

EDIT: That or have Finn be gay.
OH!

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #837 on: December 22, 2015, 12:29:33 AM »
You're all wrong.

Rey is a lesbian.

The meltdowns will bring the world to its knees.

No, man, I am totally thinking this is going to happen. It will be the best thing ever if it does.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #838 on: December 22, 2015, 12:31:00 AM »
Seeing a woman protagonist with a lightsaber in a Star Wars movie made me legit emotional Mod
[close]
Typical human bigotry.

This is what Lucas was up against in the prequels.

Mods Help

« Reply #839 on: December 22, 2015, 12:31:19 AM »
The funny thing about Rey is a lot of dudes are calling her a Mary Sue even though her development is no different than Luke's. If she were male, they wouldn't have any problems I bet. But because she's female,"I don't like a girl beating the bad guy like this" " she's good at too many things" and concern troll stuff which reeks of sexism.