Author Topic: It's 20XX and people are mad online about Star War!  (Read 557125 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: How bout that Star War huh?
« Reply #960 on: December 25, 2015, 01:03:48 AM »
I'm on Mac now. And my free time is far more precious than those price tags at the moment.
Good news, both on Mac!

benjipwns

« Reply #961 on: December 25, 2015, 01:06:57 AM »
I've always thought that TDKR's fatal flaw was trying to be the sequel to Begins to complete an "arc" that never existed. I always liked the first half (third?) of TDKR with all the Catwoman stuff, Bane's absurd heist, Batman's return, etc. Then we started chanting "RISE" in some language and blowing up stadiums and having nuclear weapons in Wayne Enterprises basements like wtf.

Tasty

« Reply #962 on: December 25, 2015, 01:19:46 AM »
That plus the non-Robin bit and the eight-year hiatus were my biggest gripes.

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #963 on: December 25, 2015, 01:39:40 AM »
So I'm 90% convinced Snoke is Plagueis

YMMV

Tasty

« Reply #964 on: December 25, 2015, 02:06:47 AM »
So I'm 90% convinced Snoke is Plagueis

(Image removed from quote.)

or or or... SHE COULD BE A VIRGIN MIDICHLORIAN BIRTH YOU GUYS!

Going rumor is Snoke is Darth Plagueis so...

#ITSALLCONNECTED

#POETRY

Mods Help

« Reply #965 on: December 25, 2015, 06:11:38 AM »
Who the fuck is Plagueis? Is this EU shit?

benjipwns

« Reply #966 on: December 25, 2015, 06:19:30 AM »

So, yes.

Sman

« Reply #967 on: December 25, 2015, 08:03:56 AM »
Rey's theme sounds like something I've heard in Beauty and the Beast and Harry Potter.  Still love it.

Still sounds like the Robocop sad theme to me.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #968 on: December 25, 2015, 08:52:09 AM »

Worse.  Prequel shit.
MMA

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #969 on: December 25, 2015, 08:54:45 AM »
Also, I know we've all just been talking about the movie itself in here, but box-office-wise, it looks like, domestically at least, TFA is going to tell Avatar that daddy's home and give it a spankin'
MMA

Mods Help

« Reply #970 on: December 25, 2015, 09:07:04 AM »

So, yes.

Thanks I have seen that movie literally one and only one time.

Mods Help

« Reply #971 on: December 25, 2015, 09:11:26 AM »
Also, I know we've all just been talking about the movie itself in here, but box-office-wise, it looks like, domestically at least, TFA is going to tell Avatar that daddy's home and give it a spankin'

I think this can hit over 1 billion. Shame it didn't beat GTAV's 1 billion dollar record but that's impossible given the lower cost of ticket sales.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #972 on: December 25, 2015, 01:45:44 PM »
It's already grossed 813.5 million in like a week.
yar

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #973 on: December 25, 2015, 07:23:59 PM »
It was an incredibly fun movie, the best parts being the action and funny lines plus Rey's awesomeness coming from her noggin/no adolescent damsel fantasies. Still fuzzy on the backstory on how the Imperials rose up again in the First Order and Rey's backstory but that'll probably be explained in the next movies.

There are some weird plot inconsistencies that make you go like :gurl

spoiler (click to show/hide)
How easily Poe's X-Wing was disabled by blaster rifles but the storm troopers couldn't stop the objectively weaker Tie Fighter when Finn helps Poe escape
How Kylo Ren was able to just absorb so many blaster/bocaster shots when episode 3 made it seem like Jedis were as vulnerable to blasters as anyone else
How an untrained Rey could overpower Ren so easily when a couple days earlier she thought Jedis were a myth
And how the First Order built the starkiller thing without Resistance/New Republic noticing
[close]
Some of that is just hating on scifi writing.

Also don't watch it in 3d, it's not even worth the trouble of wearing the glasses. It really feels like the movie was shot for a 2D experience. Overall, you could tell they had to try to fit in a lot and I don't mind at all that they sort of rehashed the plot of episode 4 here since it shows how history repeats itself. This movie definitely has it's own unique personality too despite the nostalgia references everywhere.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #974 on: December 26, 2015, 03:40:56 AM »
It was an incredibly fun movie, the best parts being the action and funny lines plus Rey's awesomeness coming from her noggin/no adolescent damsel fantasies. Still fuzzy on the backstory on how the Imperials rose up again in the First Order and Rey's backstory but that'll probably be explained in the next movies.

How easily Poe's X-Wing was disabled by blaster rifles but the storm troopers couldn't stop the objectively weaker Tie Fighter when Finn helps Poe escape
First Order TIE fighters are actually shielded, whereas Imperial ones were not. The FO is short on pilots, so they invested in sturdier TIE. It's not clear if Poe's X-Wing is shielded when it was hit. My guess is that shields can't be engaged while landed.
How Kylo Ren was able to just absorb so many blaster/bocaster shots when episode 3 made it seem like Jedis were as vulnerable to blasters as anyone else
Kylo's got the Force running dark side rage to keep him on his feet. You can see him even hitting his wounds to give himself more rage and pain on which to feed.
How an untrained Rey could overpower Ren so easily when a couple days earlier she thought Jedis were a myth
And how the First Order built the starkiller thing without Resistance/New Republic noticing
The rage and pain fueling him made him reckless; as it's been pointed out, Finn's fight with Kylo could have been cut short by Force-throwing him into a tree or choking him or whatever. As it was, he seemed to take little heed of safety or tactics in either battle, and that is part of how he fails to win.
Still other speculation on Rey's skills involve her actually having been a youngling at Luke's academy, but either repressing the memory or having it sealed away from her for her own safety.
[close]

Also don't watch it in 3d, it's not even worth the trouble of wearing the glasses. It really feels like the movie was shot for a 2D experience. Overall, you could tell they had to try to fit in a lot and I don't mind at all that they sort of rehashed the plot of episode 4 here since it shows how history repeats itself. This movie definitely has it's own unique personality too despite the nostalgia references everywhere.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #975 on: December 26, 2015, 10:08:06 AM »
Harrison Ford received an eight-figured paycheck ($10-20 million).

Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill made salaries in the low seven-figure range.

Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver got mid- to high-six figures (above $500,000).

Daisy Ridley and John Boyega earned something between $100,000-$300,000.

:leon
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #976 on: December 26, 2015, 11:42:36 AM »
Harrison Ford received an eight-figured paycheck ($10-20 million).

Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill made salaries in the low seven-figure range.

Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver got mid- to high-six figures (above $500,000).

Daisy Ridley and John Boyega earned something between $100,000-$300,000.

:leon

It's a bit of bullshit, but it's star power for you. Famous actors are pretty much the most visible and number one argument in an industry with no definitive recipe. We've heard of those insane wages for quite some time now, and it's obviously a happy few thing as otherwise it would just bloat those ridiculous budgets even further. Save for the upper crust of Hollywood extravaganzas and some of past Soviet gigantic projects (the 16 hour version of War & Peace), most "pro" movies worldwide are done for between 500.000$ and 60 or so millions.

A six figure salary for a few months of work is honestly pretty good already, especially since most of your basic expenses (food, accomodations, transport) will be paid for by the production.
ὕβρις

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #977 on: December 26, 2015, 12:13:12 PM »
They'll be making bank on all the publicity and appearances after this movie, and a ton on the sequels
püp

Mods Help

« Reply #978 on: December 26, 2015, 12:28:31 PM »
They'll be making money in the sequels, merch sales. Don't worry, they'll do well for themselves. You get paid in Hollywood based on how sought after you are, and everyone wanted Han, Leia, and Luke in the new trilogy right? That's how it works. After the success of TFA and fan reception all of the young actors have their stock risen ten fold. I wouldn't worry about them at all.

Let's be real, they hadn't done anything yet to earn that type of big money as actors. Most weren't known. That's just how it works. Gotta do work to get dat work in Tinseltown.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #979 on: December 26, 2015, 12:32:56 PM »
They'll be making bank on all the publicity and appearances after this movie, and a ton on the sequels

Sure. It's still pretty obscene a discrepancy.
But heh, what you gonna do ?
ὕβρις

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #980 on: December 26, 2015, 12:45:17 PM »
To be fair like half of episode 8 is going to focus on Luke and Rey though.

First Order TIE fighters are actually shielded, whereas Imperial ones were not. The FO is short on pilots, so they invested in sturdier TIE. It's not clear if Poe's X-Wing is shielded when it was hit. My guess is that shields can't be engaged while landed.
Kylo's got the Force running dark side rage to keep him on his feet. You can see him even hitting his wounds to give himself more rage and pain on which to feed.
The rage and pain fueling him made him reckless; as it's been pointed out, Finn's fight with Kylo could have been cut short by Force-throwing him into a tree or choking him or whatever. As it was, he seemed to take little heed of safety or tactics in either battle, and that is part of how he fails to win.
Still other speculation on Rey's skills involve her actually having been a youngling at Luke's academy, but either repressing the memory or having it sealed away from her for her own safety.
[close]

:ohhh I was thinking that the Ties were still weak based on how easily X-Wings could shred them. The new storm troopers also seemed to have better training although FO tactics make them sort of disposable.

Tasty

« Reply #981 on: December 26, 2015, 07:15:31 PM »
Enjoyed this movie quite a bit but was a little letdown by the final lightsaber fight. I felt that was one thing JJ would really nail but it felt like a mess to me.

Overall, a nice pseudo-remake of ANH. Finn was more hilarious than I thought he'd be. Rey was great (though her knowing the Jedi mindtrick without training slightly irked me.) Lots of cool imagery (JJ's bred and butter as I've said before - standout shot was the sun going out right before Han gets it.)

Dad and Uncle who I saw it with were HARDCORE ragging on it on the way home. :lol I thought they'd love it but they couldn't stop nitpicking it and bashing JJ (to be fair, they're more into Trek and hate what he did with it.)

Really looking forward to 8, if only because everyone needs more Mark Hamill in their lives.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #982 on: December 26, 2015, 07:32:40 PM »
I really liked the saber fight. It all kind of makes sense- Ren is wounded, and also insane (the beating on his wounds to keep motivating himself) and Finn and Rey are both untrained, so their "offense" is basically just desperate lunges/strikes while trying not to get murk'd. Rey only starts to do well when she starts listening to the force.

Was it as good as the PM Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul duel, or even the Obi-Wan vs. Anakin duel in ROTS? No, but those are the high water marks for saber duels and featured skilled, trained combatants. This one was believable for what it was, and I liked it better than any of the ones in the OG trilogy.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #983 on: December 26, 2015, 07:34:38 PM »
Also also- everyone harps on Rey being untrained, but she only ever uses the force to do things that she's already seen someone else try. The mind trick? Ren had just tried that on her. The tele-kinetic saber pull? Ren was trying that right before she did. So, it doesn't bother me. I bet we find out she's a massively powerful force adept from a strong Jedi lineage.
yar

Tasty

« Reply #984 on: December 26, 2015, 07:57:55 PM »
The mind trick came out of nowhere to my eyes. I didn't see as what Kylo was doing as the mind trick at all, but a mind assault. He says "you will tell me etc." before he even starts using the Force. For Rey to pull the Jedi mind trick from that, and use it in 100% exactly the same way it was used in the previous movies, was too much for me personally. The rest of her stuff I bought without much issue.

It's the only instance that stood out for me, and on top of that it was convenient there would be just one single guard within earshot for her to make her escape.

I agree about the believability of the saber fight but after the meh dogfights, and all the trailers/etc. I was settling in for a kickass duel for the climax and TFA didn't deliver.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #985 on: December 26, 2015, 08:03:25 PM »
I thought the dogfights were ok, just a little short. But, I bet we get that itch scratched in Rogue One.

Honestly, the action in this movie was overall the best in any Star War IMO.
yar

Mods Help

« Reply #986 on: December 26, 2015, 08:34:50 PM »
People also forget that Ren just KILLED HIS DAD and as a conflicted character ruled by his emotions, that's going to fuck him up.

Ren doesn't do the mind trick on her. He probes her mind, which is different. Also, the mind trick takes Rey THREE TIMES in order for it to work. 

How is this no different than Luke hitting the beams blind on like his second try? Han says its luck. Be we all know it's the force. If we all accept that "the force works in mysterious ways" why is it so hard to accept that it took Rey three attempts to convince a guard - likely weak willed - into letting her go especially when we clearly see an awakening in her force powers?

Tasty

« Reply #987 on: December 26, 2015, 08:37:35 PM »
The concept of the Jedi mind trick is something I see as needing to be taught. You can't really "luck into it." Nobody in real life would think to do it, and so it breaks the suspension of disbelief. It would be like if Rey suddenly knew the "Force Whistle™" which blew out the guard's eardrums. Would anyone in that situation just try whistling out of the blue? No.

I'm not interested in Luke comparisons.

Mods Help

« Reply #988 on: December 26, 2015, 08:45:18 PM »
Also, there's a huge difference between Luke and Rey's characters. Luke always concentrated on what he couldn't do. He couldn't hit the beams with the blast cover over the helmet. Except he could. He says he couldn't lift the x-wing out of the swamp. Except Yoda does.

Luke's failing is that he gives up before he tries. Which ties into what Yoda said about being seduced by the quick and easier way - the dark side. Luke always looked to the future rather than what he can do RIGHT NOW. He also had large doubts on the force.

Rey has no such problems. She was a survivor on a planet by herself. When Han confirms Jedi and the Force are true, it just confirms what she already knew in her heart to be true. Rey believes full on in the force, and this is probably a big reason she learns so fast, because unlike Luke, she doesn't fight it.

The force works in mysterious ways, but that's why it's Star Wars. The force has never made any tangible sense beyond the abstract definition of ki, and I think putting too much logic to the force misses the point of the spiritual component of the story.

Because things didn't always  come easy for Luke doesn't mean it shouldn't for Rey as well. We aren't talking full on Anakin space Jesus here but I'm not sure why people are willing to critique the movie for being too similar to the OT while at the same time asking for the same character trajectory that Luke had in the OT.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #989 on: December 26, 2015, 08:54:10 PM »
And it's also highly likely that Rey had some Jedi training when she was younger, probably from Luke [who hid her away after Ren's betrayal]. Hearing Han confirm that everything she'd heard was true, seeing the visions when holding the lightsaber, and being exposed to intense Dark Side powers merely dragged up those old lessons subconsciously and she grabbed on to the only thread available to her.
dog

Mods Help

« Reply #990 on: December 26, 2015, 08:56:56 PM »
Yeah it's pretty obvious she probably had some training, especially if she's a skywalker like everyone thinks.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #991 on: December 27, 2015, 03:05:53 AM »
Saw this with family earlier today/yesterday in 3D cause the regular showing was full up. It's a Star Wars ass Star Wars movie.
Hi

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #992 on: December 27, 2015, 04:18:22 AM »
I too was proud of myself for remembering that "Starkiller" was originally pitched as Luke's last name.

*snort*
Unzip

Tasty

« Reply #993 on: December 27, 2015, 10:46:13 AM »
Also the name of the Gary Stu from The Force Unleashed.

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #994 on: December 27, 2015, 12:35:53 PM »
saw this yesterday slightly drunk yesterday. enjoyed it a lot, liked adam driver's performance and wish it had more poe but all in all is a fun movie and will now carry on with my life

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #995 on: December 27, 2015, 12:35:57 PM »
Just saw it, solid 9/10

Not often you get everything you wanted

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #996 on: December 27, 2015, 01:31:04 PM »
Dat earnings potential tho

:lawd

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/27/media/star-wars-the-force-awakens-1-billion-box-office-record/

Disney gonna make like half their money back on this movie alone, rest of the franchise will just be extra
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #997 on: December 27, 2015, 02:10:25 PM »
Prob makes sense in China

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #998 on: December 27, 2015, 02:10:41 PM »
I'm a little out of the loop, but holiday 2016 will see Rogue one release and May 2017 will see Ep VIII's? And if I'm not mistaken there are two Anthology movies coming after VIII?

If so, this is already looking like Marvel's fatiguing schedule. Good job, Disney.
Unzip

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #999 on: December 27, 2015, 02:13:51 PM »
Have faith shaka. Also skip some movies and stick to the canon (lol)

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1000 on: December 27, 2015, 02:29:33 PM »
I'm a little out of the loop, but holiday 2016 will see Rogue one release and May 2017 will see Ep VIII's? And if I'm not mistaken there are two Anthology movies coming after VIII?

If so, this is already looking like Marvel's fatiguing schedule. Good job, Disney.

Dude, that's ONE Star War a year. There are like 3+ Marvel movies each year. Not even comparable.
yar

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1001 on: December 27, 2015, 02:37:23 PM »
It's pretty comparable.

There's never been a year with three Marvel Movies. It's only been 2 at most.

Disney is just gearing up with Star Wars. It could easily play out like Marvel. If the point is that Star Wars fatgiue could be a thing, it's pretty possible. You're going from a series that saw new installments a decade and then some apart to a series that in a couple of years will have 6 movies and maybe more. That I also think will probably go straight into Episode 10. Personally, I would have just done the new triligiy, then do a few years of spin-offs. Then bring in episode 10. People love Star Wars, but I also think people love it as an event. It will be pretty strange having it as a constant.

Though if the movies are good, I guess it's no big deal and I think Disney has made good mostly good Marvel movies so..
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 02:52:47 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Mods Help

« Reply #1002 on: December 27, 2015, 02:54:53 PM »
Lucas sold Star Wars so Disney would kill it through overexposure. :doge

"If the prequels didn't kill Star Wars, dammit I must find SOME WAY!"  :P

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1003 on: December 27, 2015, 03:01:11 PM »
So nice to be able to finally read this thread.

Have to say I really like the new cast. Rey is super cool and I didnt knoq before the movie she would be the jedi, good to see a girl be the big hero, Finn is juwt a cheeky cool fellow, good sub for Solo, Poe is the classic good guy and hope we will see more of him. Love how manic Kyle Ren is, great bad guy and Im sure after what has happened he will be resolved now.

Only character i wasnt 100% convinced about was the cantina lady, just a weird species dunno.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1004 on: December 27, 2015, 03:01:25 PM »
If I was a pettier man I'd post quotes of Andrex and thisismyusername saying Avengers 2 will make more money than Star Wars :heh

I'm ignoring the spinoff till torrents, mostly sticking to the episodes. Marvel fatigue won't set in till it's been 8 years with 2 or 3 movies a year. It will set in eventually, though. Ain't one got time for the EU on movie screens for too long. Even though they'll definitely still make bank. Just not first good SW movie after ten years money.

Look at you pretending like nerds have sense and won't keep going to Marvel movies no matter what

:heh

And yeah, poor Joss Whedon. Turns out JJ can do snappy one liner dialog better than he can AND develop better characters that people are actually invested in. Suck it, Whedon fans.
yar

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1005 on: December 27, 2015, 03:03:25 PM »
Yeah I'm not going to give JJ credit for anything regarding writing after the years of pretty generic and forgettable movies he did.  And seeing as how this one leverages a lot on another movie..

Especially since the writer of both Empire and ROTJ worked on this.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1006 on: December 27, 2015, 03:05:18 PM »
Droid please
yar

Mods Help

« Reply #1007 on: December 27, 2015, 03:05:33 PM »
If I was a pettier man I'd post quotes of Andrex and thisismyusername saying Avengers 2 will make more money than Star Wars :heh

I'm ignoring the spinoff till torrents, mostly sticking to the episodes. Marvel fatigue won't set in till it's been 8 years with 2 or 3 movies a year. It will set in eventually, though. Ain't one got time for the EU on movie screens for too long. Even though they'll definitely still make bank. Just not first good SW movie after ten years money.

Look at you pretending like nerds have sense and won't keep going to Marvel movies no matter what

:heh

And yeah, poor Joss Whedon. Turns out JJ can do snappy one liner dialog better than he can AND develop better characters that people are actually invested in. Suck it, Whedon fans.

To be fair, JJ had Kasdan helping him, who is a master script writer.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1008 on: December 27, 2015, 03:05:38 PM »
And prob one of the best, best things was that it felt like something from 2015, where the prequels were shot in such boring static way.

Also none of the crappy fast cuts like Bay.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1009 on: December 27, 2015, 05:54:50 PM »
Saw it again today.  Still fucking awesome.

Definitely noticed a few things I wasn't as into this time around though.  Namely Han and Ben's encounter and what Han was even planning there.  Part of me thinks he knew full well what was going to happen, and I think Ben was being sincere about how torn he was...but I don't know, I felt like there's more to it that we won't learn about until later.  Also the movie feels very brisk.  Didn't think it let the characters or story breath at all, but I guess that same "flaw" can be applied to A New Hope.

I DEFINITELY think Rey is either a Skywalker or a Kenobi.  I'd rather her be a Kenobi for the symmetry of it all...Obi-Wan ---> Luke ---> Rey.  Having another Kenobi be the one who truly defeats the Dark Side with Luke's help is a path I'd like to see.

One of the Anthology movies is gonna be an Obi-wan flick right?  My fever dream is for VIII to reveal Rey as a Kenobi, with the following Obi-wan movie detailing how Obi-wan succumbed to his desires instead of being a Jedi prude
püp

Freyj

« Reply #1010 on: December 27, 2015, 06:03:06 PM »
I don't think we'll see anywhere near the number of Marvel movies with Star Wars. If anything we'll continue to get periodic Anthology movies depending on how they do, but I don't see Ep 10 - 12 releasing very soon after 9.

Marvel has a near unlimited number of characters to draw on, and you have the benefit of introducing a new film character in one solo movie, giving them their own solo movie, and then after several cycles of that letting them join in on the big collaborative movie. People will want to see big familiar faces, events and items with any Star Wars movie. There's only so much you can do with what we've been given in the films so far. Very few people will be clamoring for a Bib Fortuna backstory movie.

Definitely noticed a few things I wasn't as into this time around though.  Namely Han and Ben's encounter and what Han was even planning there.  Part of me thinks he knew full well what was going to happen, and I think Ben was being sincere about how torn he was...but I don't know, I felt like there's more to it that we won't learn about until later.

Watching his reaction to Leia telling him to bring Ben back and every other conversation he has about Ben, it really seems like he's fighting the urge to run again (ANH / Empire callbacks). As he gets closer to that encounter he really seems to accept that there's no turning Ben away from the Dark Side.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1011 on: December 27, 2015, 06:09:13 PM »
Nah I think Rey is too young to be Obi-Wans child. Plus he was living on Tatooine watching over Luke so the time line for having a child would be weird.

Maybe Rey is actually Luke's kid and after Kylo went to the dark side, Luke wanted Rey to grow up alone in the hopes that she would turn out more like him than like Vader? Wookiepedia seems to support that timeline with her being born 11 years after The Battle of Endor.  This would make her 10 years younger than Kylo and so Kylo would have been about 15 when she was abandoned on Jakku.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1012 on: December 27, 2015, 06:14:17 PM »
Luke's a shitty dad if thats the case
püp

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1013 on: December 27, 2015, 06:16:04 PM »
Luke's a shitty dad if thats the case

Well, we already know he's a shitty Jedi master.
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1014 on: December 27, 2015, 06:24:06 PM »
Rey could be Obi Wan's granddaughter tho
yar

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #1015 on: December 27, 2015, 06:32:59 PM »
To be honest I'll be glad when they hopefully eventually move on from one magical family being the saviors and the most important people in the universe.

I get why Luke I am your father was important but I don't think this whole thing needs to be the very basis of Star Wars.

Tasty

« Reply #1016 on: December 27, 2015, 06:41:37 PM »

Will fully take the L there. Age of Ultron was less good than I expected and The Force Awakens was a little better than I expected.

To be fair, the franchise was coming out of a 10-year coma, of which the last three movies were shit and didn't break records, and JJ was coming hot off Star Trek Into Darkness.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1017 on: December 28, 2015, 12:47:21 AM »
Estimates put TFA at $153 Million for the weekend with a mere 38.1% drop. That's fucking bonkers, even for a holiday weekend.
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1018 on: December 28, 2015, 01:13:07 AM »
Man, if it could knock Avatar off... poor Glen Shinobi.
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1019 on: December 28, 2015, 01:28:07 AM »
Well quality wise it already beat it