Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 893899 times)

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Re: minor inconveniences that are not struggles
« Reply #6600 on: November 22, 2018, 11:19:04 PM »
Having an immediate diahrrea response to mother in laws thanksgiving food, a live blog

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6601 on: November 22, 2018, 11:21:58 PM »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6602 on: November 22, 2018, 11:22:24 PM »
Best US president

jorma

« Reply #6603 on: November 23, 2018, 09:55:22 AM »
wait, are you a meter maid now?
Dont job shame

i was just asking, lol

i don't even have a car so you're doing gods work as far as i'm concerned  :lol

Yeah, sure, then why use the diminutive "maid"? Use the proper form, "Parking Enforcement Officer."

And, yes, I am the fucking grammar and diction police.

Well, that's just lovely Rita.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6604 on: November 23, 2018, 04:10:52 PM »
FedEx says a package was left at the front door this morning....nope.  Called and reported it and they said that the driver is saying he delivered it.

Sucks...wish it was the post office so I could get super-friendly awesome local postal clerk on the case.  :punch  Am more concerned that this may mean a package thief is in the area than a FedEx fuck-up.  Have read about some people following delivery vehicles around and swiping packages.
 :dizzy
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 04:24:01 PM by bork »
ど助平

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #6605 on: November 23, 2018, 05:01:59 PM »
On this week, I wouldn't be surprised by delivery errors or thieves.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6606 on: November 23, 2018, 08:49:50 PM »
FedEx says a package was left at the front door this morning....nope.  Called and reported it and they said that the driver is saying he delivered it.

Sucks...wish it was the post office so I could get super-friendly awesome local postal clerk on the case.  :punch  Am more concerned that this may mean a package thief is in the area than a FedEx fuck-up.  Have read about some people following delivery vehicles around and swiping packages.

Why the hell don't you change to a store/location based pickup?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6607 on: November 23, 2018, 10:06:05 PM »
wait, are you a meter maid now?
Dont job shame

i was just asking, lol

i don't even have a car so you're doing gods work as far as i'm concerned  :lol

Yeah, sure, then why use the diminutive "maid"? Use the proper form, "Parking Enforcement Officer."

And, yes, I am the fucking grammar and diction police.

Well, that's just lovely Rita.

Beatles references will get you out of dutch with me in an instant.

Himu

« Reply #6608 on: November 23, 2018, 11:23:04 PM »
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.
IYKYK

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #6609 on: November 23, 2018, 11:43:24 PM »
My brother did that since his wife was Pakistani so they figured close relatives would go to both but it would be easier to have it split into two 300 person weddings rather than one 500 person wedding. Weddings are basically just adult prom with better food.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #6610 on: November 24, 2018, 06:47:46 AM »

I think bork likes to live dangerously.

Order fast, lose your stuff.

He's like Amazon's James Dean.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6611 on: November 24, 2018, 08:53:49 AM »
Wife took the dog out for the morning poop n' pee around 6 AM and found the package at the door.  The box had a second smaller shipping label attached so assuming that this was a FedEx fuck-up.  Glad it wasn't stolen!

I've had things sent to work before and have run into problems doing that, too.  Can't win.   
:idont

This time of the year just sucks for deliveries...the USPS and delivery companies can't keep up.  I heard that the post office is now relying on drivers doing voluntary overtime to finish daily mail deliveries.  My dad was telling me that the mail now comes his to house after 9 PM (or not at all) and the other day while waiting for something that came in a large box, it never came during the day time and he found it at the foot of the driveway sometime in the late evening. 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 03:36:38 PM by bork »
ど助平

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #6612 on: November 24, 2018, 03:07:49 PM »
Yeah I came home from work yesterday in the evening and the mail person had only just then started delivering to my area. Usually the mail is delivered in the early afternoon
WDW

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6613 on: November 24, 2018, 11:05:07 PM »
Wife took the dog out for the morning poop n' pee around 6 AM and found the package at the door.  The box had a second smaller shipping label attached so assuming that this was a FedEx fuck-up.  Glad it wasn't stolen! (snip)

Misread this as "took the wife out for the morning poop n' pee around 6 AM" and thought the bore had a new alternative lifestyle champion.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #6614 on: November 25, 2018, 02:22:28 PM »
I miss Joe Bob :(
serge

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #6615 on: November 25, 2018, 10:10:38 PM »
Got banned 48 hours from where I shit post about football/soccer, for declaring a fatwa on another user. Now I need to find the bores football thread again

Tasty

« Reply #6616 on: November 25, 2018, 10:18:38 PM »
The left Alt key on my new Pixelbook is oddly depressed. Still functions well but I'm wondering if I'm petty enough to justify an exchange or something for it.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #6617 on: November 25, 2018, 10:23:27 PM »
Got banned 48 hours from where I shit post about football/soccer, for declaring a fatwa on another user. Now I need to find the bores football thread again
每天生气

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #6618 on: November 26, 2018, 01:45:17 AM »

Thought you were talking about FBT but it looks like it finally died. RIP, we couldn't survive Le Professeur retiring.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #6619 on: November 26, 2018, 03:43:40 AM »
Fbt as in Football thread? Yeah been dead forever and merged with lcvg... Which also died. Me and batong are on slaent now, where I must stress you are not allowed to issue fatwas.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #6620 on: November 26, 2018, 06:17:25 PM »
slaent now, where I must stress you are not allowed to issue fatwas.
man what happened to those guys smh

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #6621 on: November 26, 2018, 07:14:37 PM »
Got some wrestling shoes from Amazon, can't even get my feet in them

Have to go the UPS store tomorrow to send them back

Human interaction :cat

I might be old fashioned but I think it's good to have some conversation before getting nut-to-butt with another dude.

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #6622 on: November 27, 2018, 01:33:53 AM »
Fbt as in Football thread? Yeah been dead forever and merged with lcvg... Which also died. Me and batong are on slaent now, where I must stress you are not allowed to issue fatwas.
how about the other regulars like blah, worm buffet and hadareud?

skullstorm

« Reply #6623 on: November 27, 2018, 11:51:30 AM »
What an annoying shit day having to deal with annoying shit people. Yesterday too. Why, I bet the whole week will be just delightful!

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6624 on: November 27, 2018, 11:55:41 AM »
Been going back and forth with my internet provider for a week now [on a problem going back a month and a half]. Somebody came out on Monday of last week to finally get it fixed, but they didn't have the equipment to do it so they said they'd come back the next day. Tuesday passed with no one showing up. I call on Wednesday and am assured that someone will come out that day to get it fixed. By the afternoon, no one has showed up so I call again and can't get through. I end up driving to their office [about 20 minutes away] and find out that they decided to leave early that day because of the Thanksgiving holiday. They're also closed on Friday. On Monday I call and get told that I'm on the list for first thing Tuesday morning. By 10 on Tuesday morning, no one has showed up to start work. I call and get told that someone is on their way to my house and it'll take about 30 minutes for them to get there. That was an hour ago.

:goty
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6625 on: November 27, 2018, 12:19:08 PM »
Been going back and forth with my internet provider for a week now [on a problem going back a month and a half]. Somebody came out on Monday of last week to finally get it fixed, but they didn't have the equipment to do it so they said they'd come back the next day. Tuesday passed with no one showing up. I call on Wednesday and am assured that someone will come out that day to get it fixed. By the afternoon, no one has showed up so I call again and can't get through. I end up driving to their office [about 20 minutes away] and find out that they decided to leave early that day because of the Thanksgiving holiday. They're also closed on Friday. On Monday I call and get told that I'm on the list for first thing Tuesday morning. By 10 on Tuesday morning, no one has showed up to start work. I call and get told that someone is on their way to my house and it'll take about 30 minutes for them to get there. That was an hour ago.

:goty

Hate this kind of shit.  You're completely at their mercy, too.  :-\ 

One time after we moved, we were without Internet for more than a week- they never came when they said they would for several days, and then there was some kind of problem that they couldn't fix.  Good times.
ど助平

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6626 on: November 27, 2018, 12:45:51 PM »
A client is making me fly all the way to Connecticut to pick up a laptop. For some reason they can't ship it. So I have to fly across the country and back to get a stupid laptop. I told them if they were really going to make me do this I'd not only charge them the travel expenses but every second of travel time and they're just like "OK". I guess if they're paying for it...but still. It's 2018 and we can't ship a computer or do a VDI or something?
:confused
que

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6627 on: November 27, 2018, 01:04:22 PM »
At my last gig I was shipping laptops all over the country when we'd set up new branches. I think they just want to see you again :-*

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6628 on: November 27, 2018, 01:52:11 PM »
Probably something illegal on there.  I'm a Puppy! more like I'm a Mule!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6629 on: November 27, 2018, 02:22:39 PM »
A client is making me fly all the way to Connecticut to pick up a laptop. For some reason they can't ship it. So I have to fly across the country and back to get a stupid laptop. I told them if they were really going to make me do this I'd not only charge them the travel expenses but every second of travel time and they're just like "OK". I guess if they're paying for it...but still. It's 2018 and we can't ship a computer or do a VDI or something?

Maybe there's something on there that they don't want to lose, connect to a network to risk someone getting in, or risk being stolen.  Heard a story at the previous job where someone working on something entertainment-related refused to connect the laptop to the Internet and we had to have someone go on-site to assist them with a problem...which that company doesn't do but made an exception since they were willing to pay a shitload for it.
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6630 on: November 27, 2018, 02:40:52 PM »

Maybe there's something on there that they don't want to lose, connect to a network to risk someone getting in, or risk being stolen.  Heard a story at the previous job where someone working on something entertainment-related refused to connect the laptop to the Internet and we had to have someone go on-site to assist them with a problem...which that company doesn't do but made an exception since they were willing to pay a shitload for it.

Probably loaded with the filthiest hentai you can imagine.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6631 on: November 27, 2018, 03:43:43 PM »
Hate this kind of shit.  You're completely at their mercy, too.  :-\ 

It's worse than just that, too. Where I live there isn't any other internet provider. It's these guys or nothing, so threatening to cut the cord on them isn't even a believable threat. :-\

Update: They came out a few minutes after my previous post, worked for more than three hours replacing all kinds of stuff, and then eventually left saying that the problem wasn't fixed but there wasn't anything more they could do. Supposedly someone else is on their way out to see about the issue. :-\ :-\

Update 2: It took until after 5pm, but they finally got it fixed. Apparently, they had to go out to the local phone interchange station and do some stuff. No idea what it was, but apparently the problem wasn't in the vicinity of my house.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 09:11:49 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Raist

« Reply #6632 on: November 28, 2018, 04:22:30 PM »
It's 2018 and we can't ship a computer or do a VDI or something?

Let me tell you a story about a man named bork....

Tasty

« Reply #6633 on: November 29, 2018, 02:00:25 AM »
:(

Tasty

« Reply #6634 on: November 29, 2018, 02:02:25 AM »
This is awful. What drugs do I have to take to never feel this way again?

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #6635 on: November 29, 2018, 02:43:14 AM »
Novichok

Tasty

« Reply #6636 on: November 29, 2018, 08:22:18 AM »
Novichok

Thanks! Seems like it's hard to get but I'll give it a try

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #6637 on: November 29, 2018, 09:13:31 AM »
 :doge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6638 on: November 29, 2018, 09:59:03 AM »
This is awful. What drugs do I have to take to never feel this way again?
The drugs of hard work, and determination. :batman
que

Tasty

« Reply #6639 on: November 29, 2018, 10:25:26 AM »
Shut up bat-dad

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6640 on: November 29, 2018, 04:12:25 PM »
Man, had a meeting where the sales guy walked into every possible landmine set for him (some he even stepped on multiple times)
It's completely sapped my desire to do any work for the rest of the day....well moreso.
que

Tasty

« Reply #6641 on: November 29, 2018, 07:42:33 PM »
Started rewatching the Sonic 2006 LP. Again. :doge

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #6642 on: November 30, 2018, 02:16:28 AM »
The proposed Treasury regulations for a special deduction in the new federal tax law classifies certain kinds of entities as RPE* and whenever I write an email about them Outlook's spell check goes, "Hey, did you mean RAPE?" :goty

*relevant passthrough entity

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6643 on: November 30, 2018, 09:09:52 AM »
As someone in natural language tech, I'm often surprised at just how smart spell check can be. 

skullstorm

« Reply #6644 on: November 30, 2018, 09:26:45 AM »
I need to get food but the weather's horrible and I don't want to put on clothes  :( Meaning I probably won't go anywhere and have to make myself a struggle sandwich instead  :-\

At the same time though, my flute-playing asshole neighbor is kinda making me want to go out and face the storm...

Cryo

« Reply #6645 on: November 30, 2018, 11:37:01 AM »
I need to get food but the weather's horrible and I don't want to put on clothes  :( Meaning I probably won't go anywhere and have to make myself a struggle sandwich instead  :-\

At the same time though, my flute-playing asshole neighbor is kinda making me want to go out and face the storm...
https://mobile.twitter.com/lizzo/status/1056340324258377729

skullstorm

« Reply #6646 on: November 30, 2018, 01:00:46 PM »
Yup, that's pretty much it.

Tasty

« Reply #6647 on: December 02, 2018, 12:35:28 AM »
My apt now looks the best it has since I moved in.

Really looking forward to moving in 2-3 weeks.

shosta

« Reply #6648 on: December 03, 2018, 12:31:58 AM »
my mom: "When I bought these angels, I didn't know this one would be black... I have this black workmate... do you think if I gave this to her..."
"please don't"
"Why not? I don't want the black one."
"I know. And so will your workmate."
filipinos  :doge
每天生气

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6649 on: December 03, 2018, 10:12:03 AM »
my mom: "When I bought these angels, I didn't know this one would be black... I have this black workmate... do you think if I gave this to her..."
"please don't"
"Why not? I don't want the black one."
"I know. And so will your workmate."
filipinos  :doge

:lol :-\ :'(

Raist

« Reply #6650 on: December 03, 2018, 01:04:07 PM »
Is "angels" code for dildo?

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6651 on: December 03, 2018, 01:25:32 PM »
Is "angels" code for dildo?
If it was, then she'd want to keep the black one :gurl
que

shosta

« Reply #6652 on: December 03, 2018, 03:29:46 PM »
 :gurl
每天生气

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6653 on: December 03, 2018, 08:41:40 PM »
Fuck. My schedule for the week is 5 states in 4 days. It's terrible.
que

hampster

« Reply #6654 on: December 03, 2018, 10:29:23 PM »
I got a haircut this weekend. As the person was cutting I asked if they could make it shorter. "No problem, I was just being careful because I know your hair is thinning here" :'(
Wasn't a surprise of course. But its the first time a barber commented on it :(
Zzz

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6655 on: December 04, 2018, 03:41:56 AM »
I got a haircut this weekend. As the person was cutting I asked if they could make it shorter. "No problem, I was just being careful because I know your hair is thinning here" :'(
Wasn't a surprise of course. But its the first time a barber commented on it :(

:respect

Yeah, my former barber had a great time pretending to pray and bless my ever-growing bald spot.

Former. Barber.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #6656 on: December 04, 2018, 06:40:53 AM »
Had a delivery from Amazon this morning. When I came back in my breakfast and the dog had mysteriously disappeared.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6657 on: December 06, 2018, 10:47:05 AM »
After I'm done with this job I think I'm done with working with offshore. It's god awful. I've been doing this too long.
que

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #6658 on: December 07, 2018, 12:58:48 PM »
I miss when the bore was cute and trusting enough for secret Santa

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6659 on: December 07, 2018, 01:33:01 PM »
I miss when the bore was cute and trusting enough for secret Santa
Send me your address I'll send you something, you cutie :uguu