Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 892877 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: minor inconveniences that are not struggles
« Reply #7380 on: September 09, 2019, 08:11:25 PM »
"Typhoon woke me up, midas swell go to work early I guess"

:what

Flex time. I go in early, work uninterrupted, and then go home 9 hours later with plenty of time to do other neat stuff in Tokyo.

edit: BTW, here's the storm:
https://twitter.com/i/events/1169512245732114432

1. Why is your first thought upon being awakened by a typhoon going into work ?

2. Why is your place of business open during a typhoon hitting?

My thought of going into work early and getting out early actually happened en route on the plane. I knew jet lag would have me useless as the day wore on (I was wrong, I was productive until 21:00 local, worked until 22:00 and realized I am dumb). Business was closed during typhoon. Damage was minimal throughout 23 wards. Surprised it took them this long to get the trains back working.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #7381 on: September 10, 2019, 11:53:48 AM »
Sitting in with the first line guys today, whenever a customer comes in they over explain the shit out of things, it's really bugging me.

I am making notes on the main culprits and can't wait to have meetings with them about how annoying and boring they sound.

Nothing like young sales staff looking irritated, annoyed and confused all at once whilst they go on about how a key on a fucking laptop works.

I need coffee.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #7382 on: September 12, 2019, 11:03:09 PM »
I don't know if I posted this yet but I finally wrangled it out of my mom.

Me: "So your grandfather was the first governor of Pangasinan, right"
Her: "No, his brother. My grandfather was the mayor. And so was my uncle."
"So how did he get to be governor? And his brother mayor, and so on."
"Huh?"
"You said the government is corrupt"
"Oh, no, now it is. That was in the 40s, before it was [corrupt]..."  :comeon
"What did they do then? Before politics."
"what?"
"What were their parents doing! Did they own businesses?"
annoyed: "yes!"
"What kind of business?"
"Rice plantations."

ruling class lineage :notlikethis
每天生气

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #7383 on: September 14, 2019, 11:30:47 PM »
Playing three-on-three with some of the boys, there was this older dude (mid-to-late 40s probably) there shooting around watching overtly the whole time, so we told him he could play if he wanted as our oldest loser is 38ish anyway. Every time I threw a good pass he started yelling out "PISTOL PETE!"

We were like four blocks from where Magic went to high school. This dude didn't grow up watchin' no Pistol Pete play for the Hawks/Jazz shit. Reverse racism!

Also he was more of a scorer than anything which is probably more offensive. :maf

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Magic was drafted by a pick the Jazz sent to the Lakers for signing Gail Goodrich to be Pete's backcourt scoring mate.

Also I am totes out of shape and my shooting is somehow even worse than ever. But at least I'm still consistent in shooting the same percentage on threes as twos outside the paint and FTs, meaning the math still works out if I have the shot chart of James Harden! Especially as long as I can still hit that post turnaround bank shot at absurd rates as the only bonafide shot in my arsenal.
[close]
[close]

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7384 on: September 16, 2019, 12:08:48 PM »
Oracle is such trash

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #7385 on: September 16, 2019, 12:23:23 PM »
Oracle is such trash
all erp systems suck donkey dick tbh

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7386 on: September 16, 2019, 12:48:06 PM »
The loss of productivity we’ve suffered after moving to oracle from an old ass legacy suite from the 80s has been staggering.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7387 on: September 16, 2019, 12:51:14 PM »
I have the Al Pacino Dunkaccino song stuck in my head even though I've never even seen Jack & Jill, only the RLM review of it. :stahp
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #7388 on: September 16, 2019, 01:20:07 PM »
I have the Al Pacino Dunkaccino song stuck in my head even though I've never even seen Jack & Jill, only the RLM review of it. :stahp

What's my name?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7389 on: September 16, 2019, 01:31:47 PM »
Dunkaccino :stahp
©@©™

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #7390 on: September 16, 2019, 10:08:58 PM »
Got offered a local job in the area and doing Corporate Strategy.
I was really excited about it, corporate strategy is an exceptionally good fit for me. And it's local and a good company.
But here's the problem, the position is at least 2 mgmt levels below where I am currently AND the pay is a few thousand lower than the average for even that job level.
So essentially I have been offered a job I'm actually interested in, but I'd have to wipe out the last decade of promotions and 1/3rd of my salary to take it.
Honestly, I just can't justify that. I could take the demotion in job title, if the pay was good, but to take a demotion in job title and a huge demotion in pay, that's too much.
I can't pay my bills with a "good corporate culture".  It's a shame, I'd love it, but I also love my kids and being able to pay my bills.
que

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #7391 on: September 16, 2019, 11:18:53 PM »
Haha, embrace the gilded cage.

I’m in the same position except the pay cuts are like 40-60 percent which would be insane to do. 20% cut is my limit and even then it’d have to be an amazing job.
🍆🍆

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #7392 on: September 16, 2019, 11:22:33 PM »
Well talking to one of my mentors he said, "Puppy, you're a senior person in your company. Would you take corporate strategy advice from someone with that amount of experience making that little? Maybe the job isn't what they're telling you."

Cause he's absolutely right.
que

Tasty

« Reply #7393 on: September 16, 2019, 11:28:05 PM »
Hey guys, been thinking about taking another break for a while and now that Bore-con's wrapped up (and I've posted the NHL thread...), it seems like a good time to do so.

I've gotten better at knowing when to disconnect, so these periods seem to be getting shorter and shorter. So I dunno, probably back before Thanksgiving if anyone cares lol.

👋🏻

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7394 on: September 16, 2019, 11:42:50 PM »
See ya soon!

And yes, we care
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 12:18:46 AM by CatsCatsCats »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7395 on: September 17, 2019, 06:26:28 AM »
Hey guys, been thinking about taking another break for a while and now that Bore-con's wrapped up (and I've posted the NHL thread...), it seems like a good time to do so.

I've gotten better at knowing when to disconnect, so these periods seem to be getting shorter and shorter. So I dunno, probably back before Thanksgiving if anyone cares lol.

👋🏻

At last we can launch the "Gankrupt Boogle" master plan !
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #7396 on: September 17, 2019, 09:43:51 AM »
Getting more and more goddamn fucking spam from predatory journals/conferences.
Can they just fuck off already :rage

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #7397 on: September 17, 2019, 02:17:09 PM »
The body's warranty runs out at 35. Once you hit that, it's not "down hill" it's "Fall off a cliff"
que

skullstorm

« Reply #7398 on: September 17, 2019, 02:37:15 PM »
I got a really bad cold about three weeks ago and I still have a cough. Yesterday I managed to hurt my rib area while coughing and it's so sore now and everytime I cough it's so painful  :-\

I guess it's age related too, never had this happen before. It's all downhill from here

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #7399 on: September 17, 2019, 03:20:06 PM »
Go to a doctor, bratan. Don't risk pneumonia.

skullstorm

« Reply #7400 on: September 17, 2019, 07:37:10 PM »
My sister actually got it, welp.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #7401 on: September 17, 2019, 09:30:40 PM »
The body's warranty runs out at 35. Once you hit that, it's not "down hill" it's "Fall off a cliff"

I had a miraculous metabolism until about 26 or so, and it was still pretty decent for 5 years after that.

There was some horseplay at work, and some 5-foot-nothing English lady punched me in the arm. I had a bruise the next day.

...The bruise was there for over a week. :snoop

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #7402 on: September 17, 2019, 10:02:42 PM »

what’s the return policy

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #7403 on: September 18, 2019, 12:25:49 AM »

Nah you gotta be 35 to be a cougar. And cougars didn't fall off any cliff.

25 - 35 is usually when you find out whether you'll age well or not. I've seen so many friends fall apart in a year.
[close]

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7404 on: September 18, 2019, 05:02:19 PM »
I want to troll our government because all these new plans suck.

But I also want to land this government contract.  :notlikethis

I also hope to live long enough to merge with an AI and live forever digitally.  :brain
🤴

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #7405 on: September 18, 2019, 05:05:04 PM »
I also hope to live long enough to merge with an AI and live forever digitally.  :brain
Twitter is proof that you already have.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #7406 on: September 19, 2019, 02:21:04 AM »

what’s the return policy

You can return at any time, but there's no refund and no replacements.

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #7407 on: September 19, 2019, 04:18:24 AM »
worked with one director to fix a multi-million dollar exposure only to have some other random director swoop in and claim credit  :rage

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7408 on: September 20, 2019, 04:02:31 AM »

Nah you gotta be 35 to be a cougar. And cougars didn't fall off any cliff.

25 - 35 is usually when you find out whether you'll age well or not. I've seen so many friends fall apart in a year.
[close]

exciting, I've hit that age range

shosta

« Reply #7409 on: September 22, 2019, 06:37:19 PM »
over the course of the years I developed a few online friendships through facebook and I now have two white trash women in rural oregon, who are neighbors, sending me nudes and constantly lying to me about each other because they're jealous of the attention I give the other person. this is a filler tier situation
每天生气

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7410 on: September 22, 2019, 06:49:39 PM »
crosspost good vibes

shosta

« Reply #7411 on: September 22, 2019, 07:51:15 PM »
Esch I don't think that the only bad outcome possible
每天生气

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7412 on: September 22, 2019, 07:58:38 PM »
over the course of the years I developed a few online friendships through facebook and I now have two white trash women in rural oregon, who are neighbors, sending me nudes and constantly lying to me about each other because they're jealous of the attention I give the other person. this is a filler tier situation

Gworl what city

shosta

« Reply #7413 on: September 22, 2019, 08:03:24 PM »
Some tweakerville on 199. I won't say which
每天生气

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #7414 on: September 23, 2019, 02:17:07 AM »
I did my front brake pads because it's Sunday night and I was bored and now I ache all over. I think I'm confident enough in my handiwork and insurance to trust that I'll be all right tomorrow. I played the stupid games, and I won the prizes.

Make the threesome happen. Only bad outcome is if you fuck up you're in the heart of white supremacist pnw with nowhere to stay at night. Dare to win.

:rejoice

Shit this is totally a homogenous/white area thing, the bisexual girls with brown/Asian dude fetish. When I was in Santa Cruz, I got offered a threesome from a bisexual female acquaintance. So did my other middle-eastern friends. As well as my Mexican friends. I only knew a couple Indians but they were kinda conservative and unlike you so I don't think they were exposed to this.

I just don't have the multitasking ability or work ethic for that though.

shosta

« Reply #7415 on: September 23, 2019, 04:33:30 AM »
I commented on B's status and minutes later A texts me that she's going to "knock B the fuck out", not sure over what yet

what's over/under for homicide
每天生气

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7416 on: September 23, 2019, 06:01:17 AM »
I commented on B's status and minutes later A texts me that she's going to "knock B the fuck out", not sure over what yet

Uh, 1?

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #7417 on: September 23, 2019, 06:24:26 AM »
gross cold flu coming and I'm due to be on holiday next week. Fucking typical. Why can't I be dying on company time? Can't even take time off sick because new system going live Wednesday and am on crunch time :D

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7418 on: September 23, 2019, 01:52:31 PM »
Coming off a month of what I would call a severe depressive episode, combined with some nagging injuries hitting a breaking point, terrible sleeping, and a lot of over eating, I'm having my first real work out in the gym in weeks today and tbh I'm nervous. I feel like I'm starting from zero again :stahp

you don't atrophy that fast
focus on working up a sweat and your form, not the numbers. taking it easy for a bit is much better than being unable to do anything at all for a while due to injury

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #7419 on: September 23, 2019, 02:53:06 PM »
When I get back into the gym after a layoff, I just ride the exercise bike for 30-40 minutes.

It gives me the opportunity to look around and judge everyone else and critique them on all their flaws. It really gets me back in the swing of things.

Getting those reps of silent judgement really boosts the confidence back up.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7420 on: September 23, 2019, 05:02:48 PM »
However it went fine and I actually upped the weight I was doing (weighted pull ups and push ups, both at 70lbs for reps).

nice

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7421 on: September 23, 2019, 05:37:51 PM »
Just imagine failure as being owned by Nintex

shosta

« Reply #7422 on: September 24, 2019, 03:28:16 AM »

Ok, A and her friends called CPS on B because she was smoking meth in front of her kid, although it's a coin flip if they're going to drive out there, and B is now the one sending me long, very detailed messages about how badly she's going to beat the shit out of A if they "touch her family" and talking about how she'll take a manslaughter charge and doesn't care.
每天生气

jorma

« Reply #7423 on: September 24, 2019, 03:38:13 AM »

Ok, A and her friends called CPS on B because she was smoking meth in front of her kid, although it's a coin flip if they're going to drive out there, and B is now the one sending me long, very detailed messages about how badly she's going to beat the shit out of A if they "touch her family" and talking about how she'll take a manslaughter charge and doesn't care.

it's not really manslaughter if you talk about manslaughering someone a few days before you murder them.  :lol

benji is gonna be so jelly when he sees this. He might have more followers, but his tweets doesn't have nearly the same impact.
one single shosta tweet -> one murder, one life sentence and one kid in foster care.

impressive stuff, really.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7424 on: September 24, 2019, 03:45:45 AM »
Coming off a month of what I would call a severe depressive episode, combined with some nagging injuries hitting a breaking point, terrible sleeping, and a lot of over eating, I'm having my first real work out in the gym in weeks today and tbh I'm nervous. I feel like I'm starting from zero again :stahp
Hang in there bud you can do it!
 :bowsette :bowsette :bowsette
🤴

Ghoul

« Reply #7425 on: September 24, 2019, 10:41:52 AM »

I just wandered in here to say are you living in breaking bad?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7426 on: September 24, 2019, 01:10:07 PM »
pettious
ὕβρις

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #7427 on: September 24, 2019, 01:22:21 PM »
Stro doesn’t even like posts. He deserves no sympy just for that alone :steiner
Margs

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #7428 on: September 24, 2019, 03:04:53 PM »
I'd like to rescind my previous comment on bad outcomes. Thank you.

Yep. Shosta let the police or CPS know about the threats.

Raist

« Reply #7429 on: September 24, 2019, 03:11:53 PM »
And also inform CPS that you've been exposed to this shit.

Ghoul

« Reply #7430 on: September 24, 2019, 05:15:22 PM »
Kotaku posted an article and I have a weird boner  :doge

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #7431 on: September 24, 2019, 05:59:28 PM »
Well, are you going to link us to it or what?

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #7432 on: September 26, 2019, 05:05:49 PM »
Had a T-mobile Tuesdays free Impossible Whopper (so it's not made of meat is that the gimmick?) for lunch. It's 4 o'clock and I can still taste that BK smell on my tongue. I guess it is impossible to make that go away, huh?

shosta

« Reply #7433 on: September 26, 2019, 05:12:56 PM »
Well, are you going to link us to it or what?
the ambiguity of this post :lol
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #7434 on: September 26, 2019, 06:03:19 PM »
My daughter is going through potty training and had a little accident today.

She managed to leave a trail of shit behind in the entire house.

:beli

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7435 on: September 26, 2019, 06:05:20 PM »
 :piss :preach :piss2

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #7436 on: September 26, 2019, 11:25:42 PM »
Got some new socks and the elastic is so fucking tight it's like cutting off blood to my foot and they leave an imprint in the hair on my leg.

I suddenly support Trump's tariffs on whatever shithole country these came from.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7437 on: September 27, 2019, 12:02:38 AM »
Gout is a disease of affluence comrade. 

Raist

« Reply #7438 on: September 27, 2019, 03:23:31 AM »
My daughter is going through potty training and had a little accident today.

She managed to leave a trail of shit behind in the entire house.

:beli

Ah yes, the classic "my kid did it". You ain't fooling anyone.

skullstorm

« Reply #7439 on: September 27, 2019, 02:13:29 PM »
Got some new socks and the elastic is so fucking tight it's like cutting off blood to my foot and they leave an imprint in the hair on my leg.

I suddenly support Trump's tariffs on whatever shithole country these came from.

We need Cindi here to fat shame you