Author Topic: Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night And Curse Of The Moon!  (Read 102695 times)

Bebpo

Re: Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night And Curse Of The Moon!
« Reply #660 on: July 07, 2019, 12:47:28 AM »
Played another 10% or so, got the upside down move, around 75% now, not sure where to go. The one place I thought I could now reach in like the entrance room of the castle is a passageway of spikes so I obviously need to fly to get past that. I went around cleaning up a bit and got the carpenters key though not sure which door uses it. Any tips of where to go next? Still never ran into Iga's 8-bit Nightmare area.

Still not really in love with this as a huge fan of Igavania. It's solid, but idk I guess half the time it feels tiresome and the boss fights all kinda suck? I've been beating them all without relying on potions so actually trying to play right and they're just not that fun compared to other 2d action games/metroidvanias. The exploration is still the best part although the map feels a little small and lately progression is like trying find that one small bit here and there to get me access to a new area instead of like always moving forward exploring new areas. Having just played Hollow Knight & Guacamelee 2 this year, this feels a lot worse than both of those for metroidvania imo. Maybe it'll get better with the other characters, but I actually think I like the 8-bit Curse of the Moon better as a game overall. Curse is a bit short and a bit too easy, but otherwise it's excellent at what it's doing. Ritual of the Night feels like an 8/10 good, but nothing real special or unique about it to me so far. Just feels like a SoTN clone I'd expect from a non-Iga studio to make trying to make their own SoTN.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #661 on: July 07, 2019, 01:47:10 AM »
Played another 10% or so, got the upside down move, around 75% now, not sure where to go. The one place I thought I could now reach in like the entrance room of the castle is a passageway of spikes so I obviously need to fly to get past that. I went around cleaning up a bit and got the carpenters key though not sure which door uses it. Any tips of where to go next? Still never ran into Iga's 8-bit Nightmare area.

I'm at about the same percent completed and got the item needed before I called it quits for the night-  You need the aegis armor to get through spikes without taking damage.   
spoiler (click to show/hide)
It can be found in the tower area where the twin dragons were.  In that area, take the elevator down to the very bottom and go right, then when you exit the elevator area, invert and fall up- you'll see a small area with some spikes and a treasure chest containing the armor.
[close]

Still not really in love with this as a huge fan of Igavania.

Been enjoying it quite a bit myself.
:idont
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #662 on: July 07, 2019, 02:18:48 AM »
Yeah I looked up that armor thing. Kinda random, game has some odd progression chokepoints.

Still not really in love with this as a huge fan of Igavania.

Been enjoying it quite a bit myself.
:idont

Sure, the game definitely fits what a lot of people wanted going by impressions. But a lot of people also don't think Hollow Knight is the best Metroidvania ever made and :idont to that, so everyone has different tastes.

Bebpo

« Reply #663 on: July 07, 2019, 02:30:52 AM »
And hey, it's not like I don't think the game is good. It's a good game that's worth the time and $$ and is way the fuck better than clock tower guy's Nightcry or from what I hear Inafune's Might No. 9. It's definitely up with the handful of kickstarters that actually delivered a solid good game in the style people wanted from it. If Iga makes another one I'll be there day 1 for the next as well.

But 2019's been a great year for games already and this probably won't make my top 10. But that's fine, as long as games are good and I don't feel I wasted time playing them, then I'm glad I played them.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #664 on: July 07, 2019, 03:54:19 AM »
I got the map to 99.5% and am not really sure where else I need to be at. Tried to fight IGA and didn't quite pull it off. Started a New Game + but left it on Normal and I melted everything. Think this gets put aside for now and we'll come back once some of the stretch goal stuff hits.
Hi

Svejk

« Reply #665 on: July 07, 2019, 01:37:43 PM »
And hey, it's not like I don't think the game is good. It's a good game that's worth the time and $$ and is way the fuck better than clock tower guy's Nightcry or from what I hear Inafune's Might No. 9. It's definitely up with the handful of kickstarters that actually delivered a solid good game in the style people wanted from it. If Iga makes another one I'll be there day 1 for the next as well.

But 2019's been a great year for games already and this probably won't make my top 10. But that's fine, as long as games are good and I don't feel I wasted time playing them, then I'm glad I played them.
Having played Monster Boy this year too, I totally hear ya.  MB was freakin' stellar, and tbh, would rank it even higher than BS.  But both having actually come out and not fumble in their promise, I'm just so glad that these are still being developed with a lot of heart and effort.  Damn it feels good to be a gamer. Lol
 :rejoice

Bebpo

« Reply #666 on: July 07, 2019, 01:44:03 PM »
Yeah I still need to play Monster Boy.

So uh, I beat Zangetsu a billion forms and get the sword and I assumed since it's not a power up giving me access to new areas that I just needed to go fight Gebel now with this sword equipped and the true boss fight would happen after. But nope, just gave me bad ending. What do I do next?

Also I tried fighting the Master Carpenter and ughhhhh, I already am not a fan of the boss fighting combat in the game and in a tiny cramped room with his demon making fire pillars all over that is a pain in the ass. Guessing guys like that are just optional super bosses and since I don't like bosses here I'll just skip them.

Svejk

« Reply #667 on: July 07, 2019, 02:03:25 PM »

So uh, I beat Zangetsu a billion forms and get the sword and I assumed since it's not a power up giving me access to new areas that I just needed to go fight Gebel now with this sword equipped and the true boss fight would happen after. But nope, just gave me bad ending. What do I do next?
Fight Gebel again with Zangetsu sword, but when the blood moon is glowing red, attack it with the sword.
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #668 on: July 07, 2019, 05:36:13 PM »
Also I tried fighting the Master Carpenter and ughhhhh, I already am not a fan of the boss fighting combat in the game and in a tiny cramped room with his demon making fire pillars all over that is a pain in the ass. Guessing guys like that are just optional super bosses and since I don't like bosses here I'll just skip them.

They are optional.  Here's what you do to make them super fucking easy to beat-

:phil GET THE RHAVA VELAR SWORD :phil

This thing is effectively the "Strider sword" and lets you move while attacking.  It doesn't do the most damage out there, but it DOES attack super-fast and rapidly without stopping, so this more than makes up for it.  I beat the carpenter boss with ease and suddenly any of the difficult areas or enemies were nothing.  I smoked the boss in the 8-bit nightmare so fast with this thing.   :lol

You will need to do some grinding to get this sword- look it up to see what components are needed.  The one item that is rare for it is an item that the slot machine boss in the millionaire room drops.  Make sure to equip items to increase luck to help get it.  I had to beat him three times for it to drop.  The good thing about  this fight is that it's right near a save room and you can leave the room if you think he's going to beat you and you don't want to waste food or health potions. 

Am now at the last boss fight.  All that's left after that are the O.D. and Iga fights, but the latter is...uh...lol might not bother.

Fight Gebel again with Zangetsu sword, but when the blood moon is glowing red, attack it with the sword.
[close]

Then after this,
go to the garden area and there's a hallway with a blood moon.  Cut this with the same sword and it's new area time.
[close]
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 06:04:18 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #669 on: July 07, 2019, 07:07:58 PM »
Just cleared it!  Ended up using a sword I didn't know was in the game (and one of the strongest) to beat it- you can't get this sword until after the second to last boss fight, since you need dimension shift to reach it-

It's the Valkyrie Sword!  To get it, you have to go back to the dragon towers area and go down to the bottom of the elevator shaft and to the left, IIRC, then go down through the rooms with gears/spikes until you hit a bottom room area that has a stone "bridge."  You can shift under here and open an invisible chest that will give you the sword.  Recommend googling to see where.
[close]

Beat this at 7:00 PM on 7/7.
:neo
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #670 on: July 07, 2019, 07:09:48 PM »
But I don't have 100%!  Still missing 0.8%.  :dizzy
ど助平

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #671 on: July 07, 2019, 08:15:16 PM »
this game seems like a hit with this forum. I should play it if I like metroidvania?
每天生气

Trent Dole

« Reply #672 on: July 07, 2019, 08:59:03 PM »
this game seems like a hit with this forum. I should play it if I like metroidvania?
Uh, yeah. It's one of those games made by one of the main dudes responsible for defining the genre.
Hi

Bebpo

« Reply #673 on: July 07, 2019, 09:17:27 PM »
Beat Bael, had like 97% map completion without mopping up any secrets really. Kinda surprised, was expecting like 80%. Never even found Iga's Nightmare area?

Had no idea what was going on during the Bael fight in terms of hitboxes so just focused on beating the first phase without using any items and then standing on the right side doing nothing but slashing and item spam. :idont hey it worked.

So are there actually other playable characters to unlock? I guess there are other endings? Not sure how much more I'm interested in playing. Accelerator shard from outracing the ninja in the giant area helped make the game a lot better. I did like that most of the Curse of the Moon boss fights are in this one. Kinda cool to see them again. I pretty much stuck with the normal weapons I found, whatever was the highest damage. I had some sword in the last 2 areas that was about 8-10 damage more than the Zangetsu so I just used that + shadow clone with my slashes while having poltergiest book shield on and silver knight. Worked for most stuff.

*edit* just looked it up. Oh, there aren't any other endings and the other playable characters aren't included and finished and will be dlc :| Didn't realize the game didn't ship complete. Guess I'm done until the DLCs all come out and there's some more stuff to do. Definitely interested in going through this with a Richter like character.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 09:24:55 PM by Bebpo »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #674 on: July 07, 2019, 09:41:24 PM »
Map is now 100% complete.  It took another two hours to get those last few tiny pieces of the map filled in.  Naturally, the 0.1% I was missing that took most of the time to find was in the very beginning, right in the ship area!
:neogaf :dead

Tried the O.D. fight and lost pretty quick.  Also died on that weird extra train enemy.   :lol   Might go back and get them defeated along with Iga at some point, but am done for now.  Let's see how the DLC turns out.

Game owned up and down.  Very satisfying.
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #675 on: July 07, 2019, 10:22:44 PM »
Inverting (or using the time freeze?) is the way to cheese the secret train enemy.
just looked it up. Oh, there aren't any other endings and the other playable characters aren't included and finished and will be dlc :| Didn't realize the game didn't ship complete. Guess I'm done until the DLCs all come out and there's some more stuff to do. Definitely interested in going through this with a Richter like character.
There's three "endings" to be gotten in the current version of the game
Kill Gebel before you get the Zangetstuto for bad end 1 which has a short dialgoue and then a game over, Kill him after doing so to get the same dialogue plus a little more and a game over yet again, defeat Bael for the true ending.
[close]
And yeah, they have 13 of the stretch goals to get done after they've optimized the various versions and squashed enough of their bugs that people stop bitching. I say this game may be fully actually finished next year and that's being optimistic. :-[
Hi

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #676 on: July 13, 2019, 03:09:42 PM »
About 75% map completion now

Inverting the castle feels so good  :heart
[close]
🤴

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #677 on: July 15, 2019, 09:47:30 AM »
Started Curse of the Moon since it was GWG. Inti Creates does a great job with these retro-makes. Sucks having to play it like 6 times to get all the achievements but each playthrough isn't long thankfully.
fat

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #678 on: July 15, 2019, 06:14:48 PM »
Completed the game.

Having played most of the handheld Castlevania's I think that this is the best IGAvania since SOTN.
There's some bugs and indie jank but those are minor issues relative to what's so good about this game.

Looking at the credits it's a miracle this came out so good. About a dozen or so different small studios worked on it. The logistics must've been a nightmare.  :lol
🤴

Trent Dole

« Reply #679 on: July 15, 2019, 07:36:49 PM »
Hey yo, it's survey time!
https://forms.gle/ZbCmaQN9PokKn7cHA
Hello everyone! We're starting to plan some extra DLC content in addition to the 13 FREE DLCs that are currently on the way or in some cases already in game now.
Although the vast majority of the extra stuff we want to make is free, we also have to make some money to be able to do that lol. More moneyz = more tasty free DLC. :)

To that end, we're thinking of selling outfit / accessory packs, and we'd like to know what everyone would most like to see in the game!
Hi

Trent Dole

« Reply #680 on: July 28, 2019, 03:12:57 AM »

Since there's now a trailer for the second playable character I guess that's happening fairly soon, no announced exact date yet.
Hi

paprikastaude

« Reply #681 on: July 28, 2019, 07:18:06 AM »
hamming it up at the end :lawd  :delicious

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #682 on: July 28, 2019, 07:55:38 AM »
That trailer is 2 months old, friend.
Margs

Trent Dole

« Reply #683 on: July 28, 2019, 10:49:50 AM »
That trailer is 2 months old, friend.
Oh shit, it is. :lol Showed up on my YT page and I thought other wise. :doge
Hi

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #684 on: July 29, 2019, 12:25:20 AM »
So about that Switch patch...
yar

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #685 on: September 20, 2019, 06:25:39 PM »
Everything about this game feels like it's straight out of 1998. I'm enjoying it.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #686 on: September 20, 2019, 09:29:31 PM »
Got it installed on le Xbone :hyper Gamepass :bow

Cant wait to play some tonight :hump

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #687 on: September 21, 2019, 10:45:20 PM »
This game is so good

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #688 on: September 22, 2019, 02:26:34 AM »
Here' my current Miriam...   I REALLY wish there were more outfits to choose from.  Bloodstained 2, Iga!... Make it happen!

(Image removed from quote.)

It sounds like theres a bunch of DLC in the pipeline incl. cosmetics. I will buy it all

Occam

« Reply #689 on: September 22, 2019, 03:28:15 AM »
You should be ashamed for not buying it.

Game is great, music is weaksauce. No memorable tracks.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #690 on: September 22, 2019, 03:34:04 AM »

yeah :( I'll see if I can support IGA by buying the DLC and the Switch version

Occam

« Reply #691 on: September 22, 2019, 03:45:36 AM »
Has the Switch version been fixed? I never even unsealed my copy after reading what a mess it was. (Game breaking bugs, 30fps, 720p docked, while it runs at 60fps/4k on PS4 Pro, which is where I played it.)

Trent Dole

« Reply #692 on: September 22, 2019, 03:53:13 AM »
Has the Switch version been fixed? I never even unsealed my copy after reading what a mess it was. (Game breaking bugs, 30fps, 720p docked, while it runs at 60fps/4k on PS4 Pro, which is where I played it.)
Still not yet, update end of the coming week so maybe they'll have an actual eta on it then.
Hi

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #693 on: September 22, 2019, 09:26:34 PM »

IDK this one is p good

Svejk

« Reply #694 on: September 23, 2019, 08:34:56 AM »
It's got some good tracks, but they needed time to grow on you more so than the instant hits like SOTN (still the best).

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #695 on: September 23, 2019, 08:36:12 AM »
Music like what's in SoTN comes along once in a lifetime.  I wouldn't expect anything 'Vania-related to ever be as good as it was.
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #696 on: September 27, 2019, 05:39:18 PM »
SotN was the first non SE OST I imported. :rejoice

This month's update is here and it's just 'we're still working on everything, also most backer awards are gonna ship out SOON'. :doge
https://bloodstained.forums.net/thread/4463/update-zangetsu-switch-backer-rewards
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #697 on: September 28, 2019, 07:38:26 AM »
They asked to re-confirm addresses again.  That's something, I guess.
ど助平

Cryo

« Reply #698 on: September 28, 2019, 03:17:44 PM »
Finally, PC physical copies will also be coming later, once all the stretch goal content has been launched and is ready to include on-disc.
:'(

Thirty-Ought-Six

« Reply #699 on: October 01, 2019, 02:08:28 AM »

Did you find both of these? (spoilers)

I like the green box, starts at 5:10
[close]

Just got 100% map completion and I love this game. It's hard to explain why but it does feel closer to SotN than any other Castlevania. Maybe because castle exploration is the top priority again. You can spend a ton of time collecting, upgrading, and cooking, or you try to beat all the bosses without getting hit (I think when making the game they tested them all that way), but the real focus of the game is the exploring, and anything else you decide to do, or not to do, is your choice.

Trent Dole

« Reply #700 on: October 01, 2019, 02:24:07 AM »
Finally, PC physical copies will also be coming later, once all the stretch goal content has been launched and is ready to include on-disc.
:'(
Next year for us PC backers, maybe.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #701 on: October 01, 2019, 10:15:46 AM »

Did you find both of these? (spoilers)

I like the green box, starts at 5:10
[close]

Just got 100% map completion and I love this game. It's hard to explain why but it does feel closer to SotN than any other Castlevania. Maybe because castle exploration is the top priority again. You can spend a ton of time collecting, upgrading, and cooking, or you try to beat all the bosses without getting hit (I think when making the game they tested them all that way), but the real focus of the game is the exploring, and anything else you decide to do, or not to do, is your choice.

I think I'd put it firmly in the number three slot- SoTN still da bess mayne, followed by Aria Of Sorrow, and then this.
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #702 on: October 05, 2019, 01:09:20 AM »
The cooking/quest farming is killing me. I'm at like 98.67% done just optional bosses and like the big fight left.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #703 on: October 05, 2019, 01:43:41 AM »
Got a bonus slipcase with a poster (map?), pins/keychains, and a soundtrack.  Don't even remember paying to hit that tier on KS, lol.
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #704 on: October 05, 2019, 10:24:46 AM »
They might be giving people extra shit to make up for things be delayed so long, or maybe you just shelled out more than you recall doing.
Hi

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #705 on: October 09, 2019, 01:59:24 AM »
finally had a good session and went kinda deep into this - this is a damn fine Castlevania game. I've been enjoying experimenting with the various weapons and powers. The summon bat shard is totally op though, been blasting through with that and the shovel weapon. I often switch to the Rapier because its cooler and makes the game more challenging - I probably should have started on Hard if that was an option? I was super drunk when I started my save file so I can't remember lol

Fifstar

« Reply #706 on: October 11, 2019, 05:32:39 PM »
Just cheesed the twin dragon (fell through the bottom during one of their attacks and could just kill them from behind) and was kinda stumped what to do after that.

Just looked it up and

How as I supposed to know, that I had to show the vampire a picture of myself? I picked up before that the machinery access had something to do with a vampire. But that specific npc just looks like he gives you stat upgrades with the books? He doesn't say anything about that machine, does he?
[close]
Gulp

paprikastaude

« Reply #707 on: October 11, 2019, 05:46:28 PM »
Just cheesed the twin dragon (fell through the bottom during one of their attacks and could just kill them from behind) and was kinda stumped what to do after that.

Just looked it up and

How as I supposed to know, that I had to show the vampire a picture of myself? I picked up before that the machinery access had something to do with a vampire. But that specific npc just looks like he gives you stat upgrades with the books? He doesn't say anything about that machine, does he?
[close]

nah, this is one of a few weird Zelda 1-esque cryptic progression requirements.

Bebpo

« Reply #708 on: October 11, 2019, 06:19:31 PM »

Just looked it up and

[close]

Yeah, I got stuck same part. It's dumb.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #709 on: October 12, 2019, 11:02:45 AM »

Just looked it up and

[close]

nah, this is one of a few weird Zelda 1-esque cryptic progression requirements.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who felt there were some cryptic elements. Also I totally forgot about
draining the blood fountain
[close]

I'm still playing this, CS2, Goose Game and Zelda distracted me for a bit but I'm gonna get back soon. I just beat the underground desert area and that was a rough one - way too many enemies that poison or send you flying, and a lot of cheap hits.
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #710 on: October 12, 2019, 11:19:21 AM »
IIRC there is a hint or two dropped about what to do in regards to the photo ID thing.  I don't remember getting stuck on that.

The blood fountain thing definitely wasn't a problem- figured there was a way to get into it and marked it for later, got the draining ability, and went back there.

The hardest area for me in the game was the Asian-themed section.  There were one or two rooms filled with too many enemies that just swarm you.  Still nothing too difficult, though.  It's a pretty easy game overall for the most part, bonus boss fights aside- definitely depends on what weapons/equipment you have.
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #711 on: October 12, 2019, 12:58:27 PM »
Yeah the most difficult part of the game outside of the optional bosses for me so far have been those last like 2-3 zones. Towards the game they basically just fill screens with annoying enemies. Gauntlets built to do just wittle at your hp screen by screen if you aren't playing super cautiously or aren't overpowered/overgeared. Fuck every enemy that can just dip in and out of the screen.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #712 on: October 12, 2019, 04:16:03 PM »
Yeah, but then you get the right weapon and suddenly it doesn't matter.  :P
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #713 on: October 12, 2019, 04:42:06 PM »
Get Heretical Grinder to lvl 7 and shred your way through anything with ease.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #715 on: October 29, 2019, 08:02:21 PM »
Made it to the fire level and got totally boned by the baddies. Guess I gotta find some fire resistant gear or something.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #716 on: October 29, 2019, 08:56:02 PM »
Up to the boss of the Japanese garden area. Almost beat him (now that I got the Gauge Goggles I can finally judge how many HP they have remaining), will try again later.

My biggest complaint is the game's bosses are such HP sinks. As well as the normal issues I have around crafting systems in games... it really deflates the excitement when, instead of getting a cool treasure, you get a recipe book.
^_^

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #717 on: October 30, 2019, 12:08:52 AM »
I agree the boss design is pretty spotty. The hit detection going both ways can feel jank AF (looking at you, Bloodless) - and it's likely all due to a bloated massive 3d engine managing stuff that was done better in the 90s with a fraction of the computational overhead. I get that assembling all the assets and stuff was probably easier using Unreal, but yeah. It's still a good game but the technical issues put such a dampener on it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #718 on: October 30, 2019, 08:26:02 AM »
Up to the boss of the Japanese garden area. Almost beat him (now that I got the Gauge Goggles I can finally judge how many HP they have remaining), will try again later.

Do you mean the Master Carpenter in a small room?  If so, he's not the boss of the area and is an optional fight- worth taking him out to get his shard although you'll likely have to fight him more than once to get it.  Come back and fight him later on after you level up and get some better equipment if necessary. 

If you mean the real area boss, you'll get a good weapon for defeating him!  :)

My biggest complaint is the game's bosses are such HP sinks.

Just get yourself a good weapon and won't matter anymore. :pimp
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #719 on: October 30, 2019, 10:22:46 AM »
They still gonna fix the Switch version or nah?
©@©™