Author Topic: Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night And Curse Of The Moon!  (Read 101566 times)

Cryo

Re: Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night And Curse Of The Moon!
« Reply #780 on: July 11, 2020, 07:04:52 PM »
how the f do you deal with the brown alchemist robots on characters other than Dominique???

game's great but frustrating, they really upped the platforming difficulty so far. I think I'm on stage 8 of chapter 1?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #781 on: July 11, 2020, 10:35:58 PM »
Cleared episode 2- the first stage boss was the hardest one, lol.  It wasn't really too much harder- there's just some bosses where you really have to learn their attack patterns and it will take longer to clear, but then still some you can just brute force your way through and go invincible with Hachi, then punch them to death. 

You get a different stage eight boss with two forms- I handled the first part with Zantetsu, then switched Hachi, went invincible, and punched the shit out of him to clear it.

I avoided the "sword room" on stage four (assuming going in there gets you a powered up Zantetsu?) and unlocked the EX episode when beat episode 2- this is where you get the original three characters from CoM1 joining you instead and you can use Gebel's bat form to FINALLY get to areas you couldn't before.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
No Dominique AND NO HACHI?!
 :existential
[close]
how the f do you deal with the brown alchemist robots on characters other than Dominique???

game's great but frustrating, they really upped the platforming difficulty so far. I think I'm on stage 8 of chapter 1?

HACHI

It's definitely harder than the first, but not punishingly-so.  Some of the jumping areas can really suck though.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 10:43:03 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #782 on: July 12, 2020, 12:30:29 AM »
You don't even have to clear the EX episode to unlock the Final episode- just go back to Episode 2 and load up your save, then go to stage select and play level four.  Go into the sword room and get the sword (which does NOT power up Zangetsu- it makes him lose his three-hit combo and air crescent slash, lol), then go back to stage select and replay the last level.  You'll get a different ending and unlock the Final episode!

Dunno if I'm going to bother with finishing the EX episode now, since the Final episode has you replaying everything again but with everyone.  It starts with a stage select and it appears that you may be alone with different characters on each level?  There's also at least one new stage that should show up, based on the story.

Edit: Looks like it was just the first stage that was Zantetsu alone.  Hopefully you get more characters as you go.  Fighting that episode 2-style dragon boss with just him was easy enough at this point, but took so long, lol.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 12:47:09 AM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #783 on: July 12, 2020, 12:32:40 AM »
So, the fastest way to unlock the modes is:

1. Play through episode 1 - Unlocks episode 2
2. Play through episode 2, but do not enter the sword room on stage 4 - Unlocks EX episode
3. Play through episode 2 again and go directly to stage 4, enter the sword room and get the sword, then go directly to stage 8 and clear it - Unlocks the final episode
ど助平

Cryo

« Reply #784 on: July 12, 2020, 01:36:04 AM »
I guess one factor as to how brutal it feels is when you lose the character a segment was clearly designed for, along with much less frequent checkpoints. I like that Zangetsu is no longer outclassed relative to his comrades, unlike in the first game where Miriam and Gebel were my go to characters.

Had to get up and take a break after stage 8, the sections with the axe enemies are too much for me to deal with tonight.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #785 on: July 12, 2020, 03:54:58 PM »
Getting to the end of the final episode turns the game into

BLOODSTAINED....IN SPAAAAAACE!

First you play through a horizontal SHMUP level in your mecha/ship, then you get a new stage on the moon.
[close]
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #786 on: July 12, 2020, 09:25:15 PM »
Cleared the final episode and it unlocked selectable versions of Zangetsu for new games- Ultimate Z can dash, double jump, has the three hit combo and air slash, and can charge up his sword.  He's pretty awesome- restarted EX mode with him and killed that first boss with him solo.

You can also do the last level of the final chapter solo with him and you get a special ending.  Dunno if I'm gonna try that.  I think I'm done for now.
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #787 on: July 12, 2020, 10:54:28 PM »
Getting to the end of the final episode turns the game into

BLOODSTAINED....IN SPAAAAAACE!

First you play through a horizontal SHMUP level in your mecha/ship, then you get a new stage on the moon.
[close]
lmao wtf, I think I need this sooner rather than later.
Hi

Cryo

« Reply #788 on: July 13, 2020, 02:07:34 AM »
co-op is actually quite fun, mostly because characters can stand on top of each other  :lol  Makes for some really fun platforming and setups for monsters and bosses.

Sounds like I’ll finish up the final episode first, then play EX with ultimate zangetsu. I’m really having a blast with this game despite the frustrating moments. Bless the dev team for understanding what makes classicvanias fun.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #789 on: July 13, 2020, 10:31:09 AM »
Does only one player need to go through a door/opening to get to the next screen?  If so, you could use being able to stand on top of each other to get into areas you normally wouldn't be able to access without certain character abilities.
:thinking
ど助平

Cryo

« Reply #790 on: July 13, 2020, 10:57:08 AM »
Does only one player need to go through a door/opening to get to the next screen?  If so, you could use being able to stand on top of each other to get into areas you normally wouldn't be able to access without certain character abilities.
:thinking
Yes. Can’t wait to see some 2P speedruns honestly.

Cryo

« Reply #791 on: July 13, 2020, 04:02:31 PM »
can somebody in touch with Wrath tell me what he thinks? I’m waiting to finish the last episode to decide whether I like this more than the first, but can’t decide whether I prefer the full team focus of this game to the solo and team based design of the first - my Zangetsu only playthrough felt amazing.

Cryo

« Reply #792 on: July 17, 2020, 04:02:55 PM »
Finished the
final chapter, and now that I’ve got ultimate zangetsu I’m gonna do chapter EX. I was floored once I tried heading to the moon and realized that, as CotM 1 was a tribute to CV3, this entire game was a tribute to Wai Wai World on the NES, a game I really liked but never finished as a kid because of how punishing the final level was.

I think this game is everything I would have wanted from a sequel I never expected would arrive so soon. There were some really challenging moments that felt borderline unfair in terms of the skill needed to time dodges, along with the feeling that getting back to a boss with full life and my whole team was more based on luck with spawns rather than getting better with practice, which seems to be the one sentiment a lot of people can agree on.  I think it says a lot about how good of a game this is that I’m still excited to dive back into it despite many nights where I had to step away from the TV due to frustration.

Someone on a discord I’m a member of already finished a solo Dominique run  :doge
[close]

Cryo

« Reply #793 on: July 19, 2020, 02:06:46 PM »
Sorry for the quadruple post but my friend is on stage 7 of his Robert solo playthrough  :whatisthis

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #794 on: July 30, 2020, 07:21:57 AM »
Inti Creates has released the version 1.3.0 update for Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2.

The version 1.3.0 update includes the following:

“Legend” style added – Enemies respawn from off-screen and one character dying counts as all characters dying in this extremely difficult style. Not recommended for first-time players.
        Display bug fixed.
        Various minor bugs fixed.

ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #795 on: August 13, 2020, 09:24:37 AM »
This clocktower boss fight. :beli

Either I'm not supposed to be here yet, or they give you such small amounts of damage that it's really dumb to be facing a trapped-in-the-middle fight so "early" in the game.

At least I beat it with that spinning blade directional shard, but still. :goty2

thisismyusername

« Reply #796 on: August 15, 2020, 11:47:22 PM »
>Exploring the map
>Stuck on where to go next
>Look it up
>You have to go back to the library to get the thing because the game never explains it.
:beli

Also,
>Game has Zandatsu or whatever his name his explain next area
>You can't check conversations later, you only get this information once
>Somehow have to stumble there yourself if you forget
Thanks, IGA. :doge

thisismyusername

« Reply #797 on: August 21, 2020, 07:17:36 PM »
This motherfucker. :beli

I thought the Blood Vampire was bad. Woof at this one. Apparently they patched him to be 9,999HP instead of whatever your amount was before he does the unavoidable attack. :lol :lol :lol :lol :doge

Trent Dole

« Reply #798 on: August 21, 2020, 09:08:10 PM »

I thought the Blood Vampire was bad. Woof at this one. Apparently they patched him to be 9,999HP instead of whatever your amount was before he does the unavoidable attack. :lol :lol :lol :lol :doge
He was always easy though, just invert and slash away.
Hi

thisismyusername

« Reply #799 on: August 21, 2020, 09:14:31 PM »

He was always easy though, just invert and slash away.

Apparently you can direction shield his gold-heal attack. Or just jump on his head.

thisismyusername

« Reply #800 on: August 23, 2020, 12:13:48 AM »
In any case, got 98% of the map completed so far. But these key rooms... Bosses in them in a tiny area. :doge The carptenter is giving me fits as they'll summon these huge monsters like 3 if you're not careful/fast while throwing projectiles at you.

I... might need to farm materials to boost all my shards. :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #801 on: August 23, 2020, 12:26:40 AM »
In any case, got 98% of the map completed so far. But these key rooms... Bosses in them in a tiny area. :doge The carptenter is giving me fits as they'll summon these huge monsters like 3 if you're not careful/fast while throwing projectiles at you.

I... might need to farm materials to boost all my shards. :doge

Can't remember the names, but there's certain weapons that will destroy the carpenter with relative ease when you're leveled high enough.  (Might be the Oracle Blade?)

There's also this strategy:
[close]

But I don't remember doing anything more than just spamming him with the right weapon and taking him out.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #802 on: August 23, 2020, 12:29:05 AM »
The Heretical Grinder shard will also take him out in seconds:

ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #803 on: August 23, 2020, 02:05:30 AM »
The Heretical Grinder shard will also take him out in seconds:

Mine's rank 9 and only does like 60 damage? :doge

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #804 on: August 23, 2020, 02:51:36 AM »
Pretty sure they nerfed some shards with the patches. Think that’s one of them.
Margs

thisismyusername

« Reply #805 on: August 23, 2020, 10:59:11 AM »
Pretty sure they nerfed some shards with the patches. Think that’s one of them.

Yeah. 19 ATK nerfed to 14.

thisismyusername

« Reply #806 on: August 23, 2020, 01:45:53 PM »
Apparently the hidden items in walls doesn't account for the 100%. So I'm basically going around the map to reach 99.00%+ for nothing. :beli

At least I get HP/MP ups from this, but geez, this is really tedious. I forget if the eyeball that gives the hidden area shard is earlier than it was for me, but it was buried so deep into the underground that it is like "why bother?"

thisismyusername

« Reply #807 on: August 23, 2020, 07:35:13 PM »
The secret boss fight. :whew

He doesn't mess around. :lol :lol :lol :(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #808 on: August 23, 2020, 09:15:17 PM »
Apparently the hidden items in walls doesn't account for the 100%. So I'm basically going around the map to reach 99.00%+ for nothing. :beli

At least I get HP/MP ups from this, but geez, this is really tedious. I forget if the eyeball that gives the hidden area shard is earlier than it was for me, but it was buried so deep into the underground that it is like "why bother?"

This happened to me, too!  :lol  Took a few hours to find what I missed. 

Looking back through the thread, it was the Rhava Velar sword that I used to kill the Carpenter easily.

Strider sword!
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #809 on: August 23, 2020, 10:49:06 PM »
I didn't use that method. I basically farmed up shards for this method:

Secret boss spoilers for anyone that cares about that
[close]

Basically got hit because it seems like there is little/no hit-stun in the game. But that method works even on the final boss (only had to heal up with potions one time and regain MP for spamming it).

Though it requires a lot of materials farming, which isn't TOO bad with a luck build, but is really annoying.

Game's good, but like Dawn of Sorrow and Aria of Sorrow, the RNG loot-drops really kill a lot of the "fun" for me. I dunno if the drops are better/worse than A/DoS but they feel just as low as there which isn't good IMO.

I guess I'll get the linear ones on Steam sale in the fall, even though Linervania was never my preference of the series.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Trent Dole

Hi

Trent Dole

Hi

Trent Dole

« Reply #814 on: January 08, 2021, 11:00:45 PM »
Classic Mode on the 14th as well.
Hi

Trent Dole

Hi

Bebpo

« Reply #817 on: March 04, 2021, 03:01:24 PM »
I swear at this point there's more Bloodstained crossover content than Bloodstained game.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #818 on: March 04, 2021, 03:22:26 PM »
Bloodstained is leaving Game Pass, so I downloaded it and played it for a few hours yesterday. it's p. good
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #819 on: March 04, 2021, 07:15:34 PM »
Bloodstained is leaving Game Pass, so I downloaded it and played it for a few hours yesterday. it's p. good

Ya, definitely worth playing through before it leaves.

Not the best Metroidvania by a longshot, but a solid one.

Trent Dole

« Reply #820 on: March 05, 2021, 01:19:37 PM »
It's more SotN from one of the main guys that made SotN and was pitched as that from day one of the Kickstarter. If you go in expecting that you'll have a good time. If you're expecting something else I'm not really sure what made you do so. :yeshrug
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #821 on: March 05, 2021, 02:11:31 PM »
Curse Of The Moon 1, 2, and Ritual Of The Night all together are :lawd
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #822 on: March 05, 2021, 02:48:16 PM »
Curse of the Moon is great.

I think Bloodstained has some issues, but CotM nails everything its going for.

Svejk

« Reply #823 on: March 05, 2021, 03:43:52 PM »
Wish he'd drop all this side content and get on with the sequel.  :doge

Tasty

« Reply #824 on: March 05, 2021, 05:10:05 PM »
CotM :lawd

Need to pick up CotM2 :drool

Trent Dole

« Reply #826 on: June 04, 2021, 04:29:47 PM »
I'll go back to this once they have all the planned backer stuff out there, it's been slow lately but there's a plague going on so that's understandable.
Hi

paprikastaude

« Reply #827 on: June 04, 2021, 04:32:39 PM »
Not really interested in DLC :engel But I guess they have Kickstarter duties...

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #828 on: June 04, 2021, 04:40:44 PM »
I kickstarted the game for like 100 bucks and I’d rather they just work on the sequel instead of whatever shit they’re adding that no one is gonna play anyways  :lol
Margs

Bebpo

« Reply #829 on: June 04, 2021, 05:08:46 PM »
Yeah, I keep seeing this happen with kickstarters where the game is done for years but they're still working on the DLC add-ons they promised in stretch goals.

Svejk

« Reply #830 on: March 30, 2022, 10:13:35 AM »

:mysterio