Author Topic: The Bore does what NeoGAF doesn't.  (Read 3262974 times)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: The Bore does what NeoGAF doesn't.
« Reply #27540 on: September 22, 2016, 06:38:34 PM »
(Mostly aimed at Bork though PC players can laugh as well?  :doge )

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=217776095&postcount=5

Capcom on blast.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #27541 on: September 22, 2016, 06:40:57 PM »
Fish<

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #27542 on: September 22, 2016, 06:52:56 PM »
Gaf speaking truth to late night show power
ὕβρις

Dennis

« Reply #27543 on: September 22, 2016, 06:59:02 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1282949

I'll put on some coffee.

She should have pulled the Sovereign Citizen card.

"Am I being detained? Am I being detained?"

FStop7

« Reply #27544 on: September 22, 2016, 07:18:31 PM »
Vic Berger's the new hero until he makes the mistake of revealing himself to be a fallible human being and then he will be devoured.

railGUN

« Reply #27545 on: September 22, 2016, 07:25:16 PM »
People arguing with Dude. Why?

Take your dick, find a door, slam your dick in that door.

That's less painful than arguing with Dude Abides.
Fish<

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #27546 on: September 22, 2016, 07:54:17 PM »
Isn't Vic Berger pro Trump?  He made a shitload of Youtube videos that were pro-Trump in the primaries.
🍆🍆

daycru

« Reply #27547 on: September 22, 2016, 08:03:17 PM »
Isn't Vic Berger pro Trump?  He made a shitload of Youtube videos that were pro-Trump in the primaries.
You're confusing him with the Can't Stump the Trump guy because they both use the air horn. Berger's Twitter is basically one giant Trump takedown.

zepblackstar

« Reply #27548 on: September 22, 2016, 08:12:18 PM »
You can act tough behind a keyboard but thinking the revolution gonna start in Charlotte is nuts, get outside city limits, them good ole boys.... :whoo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27549 on: September 22, 2016, 08:20:17 PM »
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #27550 on: September 22, 2016, 08:39:41 PM »
(Mostly aimed at Bork though PC players can laugh as well?  :doge )

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=217776095&postcount=5

(Image removed from quote.)

Capcom on blast.

???

SF5 and it being a mess breh. Laugh with me for PC players (rightfully) calling Capcom on things still not fixed seven months later.

Speaking of calling out:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=217786229&postcount=76

Respawn on blast.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=217787543&postcount=77

Shill defense that goes "BUT THOSE OTHER SHOOTERS SUCK DOE!"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=217789688&postcount=82

Someone at Respawn sees it, but the short gist is: "We probably aren't going to do that. Fuck you PC player base." #RIPinPepperonis Titanfall 2.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #27551 on: September 22, 2016, 08:47:32 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=217765100&postcount=549
Same guy in Fallon thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=217774442&postcount=29
Yup. He's the worst. I've used this comparison in the past but feel it's apt so I'll use it again.

Jimmy Fallon is the celebrity equivalent of the dorky loser kid who somehow got invited to a party full of the popular crowd. He spends all night sucking up to them and laughing way too hard at all their jokes in the hopes of being accepted as one of them. Dude falls over himself to kiss the ass of anyone on his show and I can't stand him.

Jimmy Fallon makes $12 million a year to do this.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=217775387&postcount=35
You ever think that Jimmy Fallon wants to be liked by everyone because he knows his life is empty and meaningless?
No, I don't think he posts on NeoGAF.com.

Also:
He is rumored to be a cocaine addict so that could explain his hyper-jovial spirit when interviewing guests.
Because it contributes to the potential end of our species

'duur just doin ma juub!'

Jimmy Fallon is a wealthy man with power and influence. He had a free choice between what's right and what makes him more money and he chose the latter.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Holy shit dude.

This isn't a normal election. This isn't about Republicans vs. Democrats. Republicans deserved a better candidate in this election. But the man that there is, right now, is a white supremacist. A racist. A fraud.

People act like every politician has dirty hands, and sure, there is some truth in that. And Hillary shouldn't be free from criticism or hard questions. But Trump shouldn't be defined just by 'well, he's running, so he deserves a shot'. Again: he's a racist, white supremacist, fraudulent, lying con-artist. Look at history. Learn from history. You don't even have to go back far: look at Berlusconi. He was treated the same way in the media. Sure, maybe a bit of a dirtbag, but charming, and funny. People actually started to believe him, thinking the stories of his disgusting depravity and outright racism were a joke, not to be taken so seriously. After all, if he was so bad, why is he on all these shows with these entertainers, who just seem to be having fun with him? The damage he managed to do is insane.

This is what people are trying to prevent. There are real stakes here. We're talking about the presidency of the United States. Think of any other person who would make the racist claims and easily and quickly proven list of lies he spouts out every day, but unlike Trump he's not famous, he wasn't on tv, he wasn't in Home Alone, he wasn't running for president. Think of a KKK-leader, or Putin, or someone similar. Now imagine that guy showing up at Fallon's show, and Fallon joking around with him. Can you see how bad this is?

Racism is a real problem, and actions like Fallon's show legitimize that attitude to an extremely large audience. Instead of the disgusting behavior it is, it's treated as a forgivable character flaw. Something that could be forgiven.

Do you really, honestly believe all of that and the future of the US and many of it's citizens is less important than some empty headed entertainment and Fallon and his network avoiding pissing of the sponsors in order to keep filling up their wallets?

This may be an old-fashioned idea, but if we really start believing the empty, meaningless celebrity worship of Hollywood is something so important it should be held in place regardless of the cost, I'm truly losing faith in the human race. It's that kind of apathy that will be the end of any kind of reason.

And yes, I sound angry about Fallon's actions (I am), and it may sound like I'm exaggerating about how bad Trump is, but that's exactly the attitude Fallon is creating. He is that bad.

I don't care that they might lose a couple of sponsors if they refuse to act goofy with a white supremacist facist. I don't care that they earn a bit less cash that week. Not when the stakes are so high.

I thank the gods people like Colbert, Letterman and Meyers aren't as spineless as that rat Fallon.

Sorry for getting angry and possibly looking like an idiot, but this kind of shit needs to be called out.

'The fun side' of Trump my ass.
[close]
God-King Trump-Slayer Colbert took a pay cut from $6 million to $4.5 million to host The Late Show.
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #27552 on: September 22, 2016, 09:00:15 PM »
He sounds like he's in the process of radicalizing. We could be witnessing GAF history right now.
I don't think Kame could radicialize much anymore than where he's been for the last few years, he was always teetering on the cusp.

See. There was a transporter accident a few years ago, it split a budding anarchist into the docile, harmless, tormented by self-doubt benji and the aggressive, vicious, unchecked by morality Kame.

[close]

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Dennis

« Reply #27554 on: September 22, 2016, 09:33:53 PM »
First PC Master Race and now this?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1283039

I guess Playstation 4 Pro will be the only progressive choice.

:fbm

nudemacusers

« Reply #27555 on: September 22, 2016, 09:34:07 PM »
"Body positivity" :trash
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

agrajag

« Reply #27556 on: September 22, 2016, 09:43:10 PM »

this is like GAF ban-worship culture manifested on youtube. :snoop

benjipwns

« Reply #27557 on: September 22, 2016, 09:46:40 PM »
Carmack's probably a Trump guy, too.
Mal-adjusted white dudes who hit money before they hit money early and despise the fact that women and minorities have the audacity to critique their "genus".

Read an ayn rand book, that's who the people admire. They think they are gift to man and want to be respected not belittled and lash out when they are

benjipwns

« Reply #27558 on: September 22, 2016, 09:50:24 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25wZoyULlcI

this is like GAF ban-worship culture manifested on youtube. :snoop
thanks for letting me know, being a hero now and shutting down every channel except dunkey's, Maoist Rebel News and Warner Bros. Pictures

thisismyusername

« Reply #27559 on: September 22, 2016, 10:03:21 PM »
http://steamcommunity.com/games/310950/announcements/detail/832427843307776226

Quote from: Capcom Community Manager
The anti-crack solution does not require online connectivity in order to play the game in offline mode; however, players will be required to click-confirm each time they boot up the game. This step allows ‘handshake’ to take place between the executable and the dependent driver prior to launch.

Well, that's one way to kill your PC playerbase I guess. :doge Not installing a driver just because you want to protect your microtransactions, Capcom. :badass

(Image removed from quote.)

:neogaf
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 11:00:34 PM by thisismyusername »

benjipwns

« Reply #27560 on: September 22, 2016, 10:07:52 PM »
Clicker Heroes needs a mod/expansion that lets you play as a YouTube Hero

benjipwns

« Reply #27561 on: September 22, 2016, 10:09:38 PM »
wait...i just realized...they're turning YouTube into a clicker game :ohhh

railGUN

« Reply #27562 on: September 22, 2016, 10:17:01 PM »
"Hillary Clinton is a ... freedom-stripper. Not the good kind you see dancing in bikinis on Independence Day"

Quote from: L Thammy
WOW

:lol t-t-t-triggered
Fish<

Shuri

« Reply #27563 on: September 22, 2016, 10:38:02 PM »
NeoGaf 2016

Where users post 20 times a day trying to get other users banned for their opinions, while self-congratulating each others in "fighting the good fight" by boycotting products..

And then, when they actually get to see real actual racists IRL, they "feel tense, uncomfortable and don't want to start anything at the restaurant you know"  :doge

it's easier to virtue-signal on neogaf

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1281749

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 10:42:18 PM by Shuri »

thisismyusername

« Reply #27564 on: September 22, 2016, 11:11:01 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1283045

People thinking this is gonna hurt Palmer Luckey outside of Hardcore Hillary stans. :doge I doubt Joe Consumer that buys an Occulus cares.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27565 on: September 22, 2016, 11:12:23 PM »
Joe Consumer doesn't buy the Occulus anyway.
dog

thisismyusername

« Reply #27566 on: September 22, 2016, 11:16:47 PM »
Joe Consumer doesn't buy the Occulus anyway.

I mean, you're not wrong. But still: Nobody outside of like GAF is gonna care. Anyone with a Rift already is gonna continue to use it more than likely.

Tasty

« Reply #27567 on: September 22, 2016, 11:26:21 PM »
Stan for white supremacists because you're butthurt over your primary candidate losing six months ago brehs

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #27568 on: September 22, 2016, 11:30:18 PM »
hillary rodham clinton is not just bought and paid for.  Everyone around her is, too.  The elite of the country know it.  They don't care.  They know she is the candidate that will do what they want
How do you make this argument and then stan for Trump with a straight face? :beli

He probably cares more about money than his own fucking children* for fucks sake

other than Ivanka, who he literally wants to fuck
[close]

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #27569 on: September 23, 2016, 12:04:15 AM »
Liu Kang asks more fucking questions, rhetorical and otherwise than any other poster on NeoGAF. Every second post of his contains multiple questions, each designed to "gotcha" the person he's replying to. It's masterful, almost beautiful, in a basement dwelling kind of way.

I've always wanted to ask him if it was even possible for him not to ask a question.  He always picks low hanging fruit to feel special.
rub

agrajag

« Reply #27570 on: September 23, 2016, 12:19:06 AM »
Quote from: Neiteio
Dude's on the wrong side of history.
:doge

Dennis

« Reply #27571 on: September 23, 2016, 12:21:02 AM »

thisismyusername

« Reply #27572 on: September 23, 2016, 12:26:12 AM »
hillary rodham clinton is not just bought and paid for.  Everyone around her is, too.  The elite of the country know it.  They don't care.  They know she is the candidate that will do what they want
How do you make this argument and then stan for Trump with a straight face? :beli

He probably cares more about money than his own fucking children* for fucks sake

[close]

Apparently the alt-right darling, Milo brought this up on /r/the_donald and got chewed out for "shilling" it. :doge

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/535irv/backlash_when_milo_yianopulous_promotes_a_website/

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27573 on: September 23, 2016, 12:33:06 AM »

[close]

Seriously. Trump is owned outright by multiple foreign interests [including the Russians], uses his own charity like a personal piggy bank, and sets up fake press conferences as cover for promoting his businesses, but somehow Hillary is worse? Get it out of here. :heh
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #27574 on: September 23, 2016, 03:09:23 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1282997

Feels caught and maximum smugness in effect.

She's not "insulting" the movie, she's criticising me for liking it.

Well yeah, you can't really compartmentalize the two.

she said watchmen was good? she just has bad taste

This is what boggles me, because she's an absolute comic-book nerd, like really hardcore.
And she hasn't read Watchmen!
Like, I can count the amount of TPB's I've read on both hands, but I've still read Watchmen.

Good lord !

If she thinks There Will Be Blood is a crappy movie she literally knows NOTHING about cinema, so just laugh in her face.

:maf

Ask her to explain why those movies are bad.
Most people don't or can't. They just say "I just didn't like it."
Say "That's fine you didn't like them, but that doesn't make them bad and doesn't explain why you think they are bad movies."

I woulda just been like "Oh, you're one of *those*..." and let my voice trail off. She's so clearly out of touch it's not even worth dwelling on.

One of my gfs friends are like that. Those people are trash

Your friend is an asshole. And your movies are awesome. I'd say "fuck you" to her. No wonder she has no friends and is depressed.

:smug

Also, Gaffers can tell she obviously want the D :expert

That was my first thought too. Nightcrawler and Fight Club in particular are about damaged but appealing men, maybe that's her bag given her personality traits.

Much psy such theraphy :doge

I mean do you need a message board to know if you found that rude or not ? Just avoid the subject of movies or don't invite her if that's such an issue.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 05:28:33 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #27576 on: September 23, 2016, 05:29:54 AM »
If you're going to take EDF seriously, you can just get an L tattoo on your forehead and save everyone the trouble.

agrajag

« Reply #27577 on: September 23, 2016, 06:27:52 AM »
Receipts is right up there with gross as the most triggering word on gaf...

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #27578 on: September 23, 2016, 06:40:46 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27579 on: September 23, 2016, 07:29:11 AM »
Urien in Street Fighter V has a 'hidden' costume-- his SF3 look.  If you want to play as him half-nekkid, you hold down LP+MK+HP before the fight starts.  This is an easter egg and was the same code used to get hidden colors in Third Strike.  So a cool little extra and what is essentially a free extra costume.  What's there to complain about?

ENTER PLATY

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=217809080#post217809080
Quote from: Platy;217808312
Not sure if I am sad that it is a cheat code or happy that is not a paid costume =P
Quote from: 『Inaba Resident』;217808384
What is sad about this?
Quote from: Platy;217809080
1- it is not the default
2- lots of people will not know about this
3- you need to remember to hold buttons to do this so most people will not do
4- you can't unlock to just choose in the character select
5- They will not make more almost naked costumes for this to work with every costume
Quote from: Maztorre;217825961
Jesus Christ. It will work with every costume because they have built Urien's character model around this base costume. It exists under every costume he has shipped with so that they can implement this as a bonus.

The rest of your post is concern trolling garbage. This is an easter egg to throw back to Urien's costume and win pose from SF3, with custom animation work and an alt intro (something customers have been asking for), given away for free, with the unlock method being literally a button combination, discovered on day one. This is fucking objectively a positive piece of content. But I guess it wouldn't be GAF if it wasn't dragging literally every discernible element of SFV for daring to exist.
:clap

It hits me now that Platy doesn't seem to actually play any of these games, but just goes into threads to bitch and complain about character designs.
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #27580 on: September 23, 2016, 07:42:26 AM »
GAF doesn't actually play games, they just like to get outraged by them.
🍆🍆

thisismyusername

« Reply #27581 on: September 23, 2016, 07:49:42 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=217824806&postcount=1326

Quote from: Fox_Mulder;217824806
Before seeing what Sony was doing? Where are the receipts?

Uh, numerous tech hardware or whatever they're called forums from when he was 19 BEFORE he founded Occulus and went to see Sony about it, you stupid moron? The revisionist history from Sony folks is mind boggling.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #27582 on: September 23, 2016, 08:08:47 AM »
I already mentioned once that I owned some Virtual i/o glasses! around 1996. They were 3d, head tracking, and had movie/pc game support.

But that's different.
rub

nudemacusers

« Reply #27583 on: September 23, 2016, 08:28:01 AM »
I had to wash out a LOT of blood from my white+blue cotton sheets last week...
Google's tipp worked wonders: while it's not fully dry yet, wash most of it out with cold water and soap.
The remaining stains dissappeared after normal machine wash :)

And yes it came from a vagina. No period blood apparently though *shrugs*
Either a sexual sadist or just gullible
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

agrajag

« Reply #27584 on: September 23, 2016, 08:35:29 AM »
I had to wash out a LOT of blood from my white+blue cotton sheets last week...
Google's tipp worked wonders: while it's not fully dry yet, wash most of it out with cold water and soap.
The remaining stains dissappeared after normal machine wash :)

And yes it came from a vagina. No period blood apparently though *shrugs*
Either a sexual sadist or just gullible

What a dick!

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #27585 on: September 23, 2016, 08:55:43 AM »
Receipts is right up there with gross as the most triggering word on gaf...

Are you against proper accounting and review methods for expenses ?

This forum is turning into a cesspool of alt-righters and Trumps supporters  :shaq2 :bolo
No mas !
ὕβρις

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #27586 on: September 23, 2016, 09:09:33 AM »
Quote from: VomKriege
This forum is turning into a cesspool of alt-righters and Trumps supporters

I thought we already were the alt-right Gossip Girl off-shoot forum of NeoGAF?
The closest thing to it pools in this thread for the most part. They hate-read GAF for everything else.

thisismyusername

« Reply #27587 on: September 23, 2016, 09:32:14 AM »

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #27588 on: September 23, 2016, 09:37:09 AM »
leave capcom alone
rub

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #27589 on: September 23, 2016, 10:30:38 AM »
The whole thing with the VR alt-right meme thread that I love is so much of GAF being like "He should be FIRED!!!" and when someone says, "Hey, you can't fire someone for having bad opinions." Several people retort that he's a "Public facing employee that can do damage the brand!"

But when GAF was reacting to the Alison Rapp thing....

The irony :delicious
que

agrajag

« Reply #27590 on: September 23, 2016, 10:39:46 AM »
I distinctly remember VR being a thing in some arcades as early as 1994. Saying Sony came up with VR is like aaying Tesla came up with rhe electric car.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #27591 on: September 23, 2016, 11:31:45 AM »
Allegedly there's pics of Allison drinking piss/getting peed on. :hitler

Or is that what people are talking about? :doge

« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 11:41:15 AM by Pallando »

FStop7

« Reply #27592 on: September 23, 2016, 11:36:43 AM »
Star Citizen fuckery ahoy.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1283198

Once, a source says, Chris came to work after playing The Order: 1886. Impressed by the highly detailed art, he asked CIG’s character artists to match that standard. The team, my sources told me, saw this as impossible.

:trash confirmed.

railGUN

« Reply #27593 on: September 23, 2016, 12:06:35 PM »
Re: Palmer Luckey fuckery

Quote from: Kaako
This is gonna be another Jared and Subway situation, isn't it?

Yeah, just like that...  :jared

Fish<

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #27594 on: September 23, 2016, 12:07:39 PM »
All perfectly normal in game development  :wag

I think it's pretty telling that you still get a lot of reactions like "The packages cost... WUT ?:mindblown . By and large, the public at large is unaware of the peculiarities of the project, and I think it helped Roberts pass some crap under the radar.
ὕβρις

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #27595 on: September 23, 2016, 12:39:35 PM »
Man the narrative that Luckey is a white supremacist is weird. It's entirely predicated on the belief that pepe is a white nationalist meme. I don't care for Luckey or his business practices, but jesus, this tearing down of someone over their personal/political beliefs is insane.

I'm not a Trump supporter, but I support their right to vote for who they want. The regressive left is disgusting.

railGUN

« Reply #27596 on: September 23, 2016, 12:43:00 PM »
Man the narrative that Luckey is a white supremacist is weird. It's entirely predicated on the belief that pepe is a white nationalist meme. I don't care for Luckey or his business practices, but jesus, this tearing down of someone over their personal/political beliefs is insane.

I'm not a Trump supporter, but I support their right to vote for who they want. The regressive left is disgusting.

It really is something to behold.
Fish<

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #27597 on: September 23, 2016, 12:53:32 PM »
I changed my avatar icon to my devil trump painting. I wonder if people will take that as support for him.  :doge

archie4208

« Reply #27598 on: September 23, 2016, 12:55:07 PM »

Ugh.  What gross ideology.

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #27599 on: September 23, 2016, 12:57:34 PM »

Everyone should have the freedom to vote and hold their political beliefs. I still watch NASCAR despite a lot of the top wigs and fanbase being pro-Trump (Why the fuck do I admit my L's to you fuckers to make a point?).

Funding a foundation that makes anti-Semite memes and propaganda while your billionaire boss is the most notable Jewish person in the tech sector, though :ufup