Author Topic: Pokémon GO  (Read 59308 times)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: Pokémon GO fuck yourself
« Reply #420 on: March 04, 2020, 08:19:29 PM »
With the online league, Team Rocket and enhanced buddies, I feel this game has been pretty well rounded in terms of content and useful item economy.

LMAO. Not for rural players, no. Either you RARELY get Team Rocket battles (and hopefully you have a team able to cream them) or you basically camp the only gym in the game to level up.

There has to be more to this provincial liiiiiiiiiiiiiife to Pokemon Go than PvP/battles. Where is the PokeAmi or Ribbons or Poffen or Curry or...

Shit, doing Gym Badges (but revamping it for Go's system) where you challenge the gyms to get a badge that will help you raise your CP faster/less Stardust would be a good first start.

paprikastaude

Re: Pokémon GO fuck yourself
« Reply #421 on: March 05, 2020, 04:24:10 AM »

thisismyusername

Re: Pokémon GO
« Reply #422 on: March 05, 2020, 08:14:05 AM »
Now you know the pain. Because there is nothing to do besides PvP in Go. Which sucks hardcore.

Like, if there was breeding, PvE battles... the game would be more interesting. But PvP alone and focusing on cities alone doesn't do shit.

Niantic has a skeleton crew on the game. :yeshrug So there's not a lot that can be done, especially if folks are spending $100 a pop to get revives for PvP over demanding an actual GAME in a game.

« Reply #423 on: March 05, 2020, 05:16:54 PM »
I downloaded it on my iPhone so my daughter and I can play it together. There's a Pokestop right across from our house that we can access from inside so there's a never ending streams of items and there are like four gyms within walking distance of our house. I can't imagine the point of this if you don't live in a populated area.
野球

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #424 on: March 05, 2020, 06:05:30 PM »
There IS NO POINT to playing it in Kishiwada, but when I hit Umeda or Nanba, it is like every 10 feet there is some pokestop or gym.

(Add me, baby. # is in OP, I think?)

« Reply #425 on: March 05, 2020, 06:14:47 PM »
There IS NO POINT to playing it in Kishiwada, but when I hit Umeda or Nanba, it is like every 10 feet there is some pokestop or gym.

Sent!

I'm 0642 4984 2609 if anyone wants to add a noob.
野球

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #426 on: March 12, 2020, 09:02:40 PM »
As the COVID-19 pandemic spreads across the world, entire businesses and industries are shifting to accommodate increased social distancing. In the case of Pokémon Go, a game that typically requires you to go out into the real world and congregate around points of interest, Niantic will temporarily change various mechanics to help increase the safety of its players.

In a statement to Polygon, a Niantic representative said that the studio is currently “prioritizing updates to Pokémon GO features and experiences that can be enjoyed in individual settings.” Notably, the game will be increasing habitats so that trainers can see more monsters nearby while playing closer to home.

Incense packs, which increase monster spawns, are also going on 99% discount — and when they’re active, they will now last an hour.

Incubators, which ask players to accrue a certain number of steps before hatching eggs containing Pokémon, will now be more effective. “Trainers can hatch Eggs twice as fast,” Niantic said.

Finally, PokéStops are dropping Gifts with more frequency. All of these changes are in effect immediately, and will continue until “further notice,” Niantic told Polygon. In addition to these tweaks, Niantic has already postponed its previously-planned Abra Community Day, along with some other real-world events.

“While we’ve made these updates based on the current global health situation, we also encourage players to make decisions on where to go and what to do that are in the best interest of their health and the health of their communities,” Niantic said.
https://www.polygon.com/2020/3/12/21177754/pokemon-go-coronavirus-habitat-increases-incubators-pokestop-gifts?utm_campaign=polygon&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

----

https://twitter.com/jaxsonrey/status/1237988023100268544

Tripon

« Reply #427 on: March 12, 2020, 09:27:55 PM »

One time buy.

Tripon

« Reply #428 on: March 12, 2020, 09:28:51 PM »

Sent!

Sent. Don't sell yourself a noob. Sell yourself as living overseas so I can get pokemon that isn't from America.

« Reply #429 on: March 14, 2020, 08:13:02 PM »

Sent!

Sent. Don't sell yourself a noob. Sell yourself as living overseas so I can get pokemon that isn't from America.

I'm in Seattle so I can't help you on that, but Chrono can.
野球

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #430 on: March 14, 2020, 09:10:03 PM »
Loving these 10km eggs turning into 5km eggs. Gonna be incubating nothing but 10s this whole time the game is cutting the walking distance in half.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #431 on: March 15, 2020, 06:12:11 AM »
Loving these 10km eggs turning into 5km eggs. Gonna be incubating nothing but 10s this whole time the game is cutting the walking distance in half.

I literally have 8 10k eggs atm so feeling blessed

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #432 on: March 17, 2020, 01:51:18 AM »

Sent!

Hilariously, Tripon's Pokemon Go gifts are all coming from landmarks near where I grew up. It's making me nostalgic for driving my old Dodge Dart around those areas... I'll not be more specific, to protect his privacy, but it's sure bringing me back!

paprikastaude

« Reply #433 on: March 17, 2020, 02:44:04 AM »
out for a while because of boomer virus :snore

Tripon

« Reply #434 on: March 22, 2020, 01:31:44 PM »

Sent!

Hilariously, Tripon's Pokemon Go gifts are all coming from landmarks near where I grew up. It's making me nostalgic for driving my old Dodge Dart around those areas... I'll not be more specific, to protect his privacy, but it's sure bringing me back!

heh, landmarks might be a bit much. I was a bit surprised some of them got added as 'important' enough to be added as pokestops but actual landmarks weren't.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #435 on: March 23, 2020, 10:50:55 PM »
That one park you keep sending me is super nostalgic. I didn't go there much, but I drove by it all the time on the way to the mall. STORY OF LOS ANGELES LIFE 101.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #436 on: March 24, 2020, 11:22:19 AM »
just got a 100% meltan finally. Now I have Melmetal! The boxes last an hour too.

Which I used to complete my national dex on pokemon home! I see they're giving away 100 balls for 1 coin which is kinda cool.

Tripon

« Reply #437 on: March 30, 2020, 01:25:00 PM »

paprikastaude

« Reply #438 on: March 30, 2020, 03:17:51 PM »
:leon

thisismyusername

« Reply #439 on: March 30, 2020, 04:32:17 PM »
https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1244676069749338114

Could we get some fucking actual gameplay in addition to that? I mean doing Raids from home is neat and all, but I want to level the 'mons without Stardust/etc.

Tripon

« Reply #440 on: March 31, 2020, 12:41:31 AM »
https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1244676069749338114

Could we get some fucking actual gameplay in addition to that? I mean doing Raids from home is neat and all, but I want to level the 'mons without Stardust/etc.

The PVP section is free right now (you had to walk a certain distance in order to unlock it, now you don't until they decide to do it again). Even if you lose all your matches, it still gives some stardust. You can start a new PVP set of matches (you have to do 5), rage quit (exit out the match as soon as you can), and then collect the star dust. You can also win and try to get at least 4 wins which guarantees you a pokemon, and they're been putting Legendary pokemon there.

It gets a lot harder at the higher levels to get a winning streak because the PVP is some buggy, laggy mess.

thisismyusername

« Reply #441 on: March 31, 2020, 07:49:51 AM »
That's missing what I'm getting at: PvP is the end-all for the game. Either in Gyms (camping them), or Battles against players (which isn't out of the norm for the series).

I'm more asking for a Pokemon Journey like the main-line games. Gym's are pointless past getting coins. There's no reason to do them beyond leveling a badge and getting free coins. That's it.

Single-player (and speaking as a rural) wise: There's not enough to do to entertain yourself in that regard. I get the game is a "social walking" thing (and hence why it's struggling with this outbreak) but they have the goddamn mainline games to take cues from: Let me raise or breed Pokemon. It'll make getting new ones significantly easier. Remove the trade restrictions/stardust requirements. Let me get Gym badges (make them theme'd like some folks do a la the Eeveelutions in gyms or Squirtle-Squad sunglasses ones) that give some benefits (more candies for the type a la leveling/catching the type badges already) or something.

Raids are cool and all (but they do me jack shit as I have no "Raid team" for 3+ raids, which means these legendaries are pointless to me from home) but I want a more ... I don't know the word... "engaging?" Single-player experience.

I mean, like: Why can't I call out my Buddy to battle the Wild 'mons and make it easier to catch? Berries and the ball catching mechanics are kind-of... dull? "Oh, it broke free... for the tenth time..." There's a lot of QoL stuff they could do (lagging battles like you mention is a key example, it happens in Gym battles as well, speaking from experience) but they don't because they're raking in cash at this point and have a skeleton crew on it since they have Harry Potter to focus on. It's annoying.

Tripon

« Reply #442 on: March 31, 2020, 05:55:42 PM »

Ghoul

« Reply #443 on: April 01, 2020, 02:41:00 PM »
double distance still sucks, least I can spin it, but ehhh it's not gonna fix raids.

thisismyusername

« Reply #444 on: April 01, 2020, 05:56:30 PM »
https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1245080814888595457

Cool.

*open app, gym that is about a mile or two from me not able to be spun/seen*

The fuck.

Tripon

« Reply #445 on: April 07, 2020, 05:45:50 PM »
https://twitter.com/Kelven91/status/1247259159667650560

I tried it out, and it works. One time only tho.

« Reply #446 on: April 07, 2020, 06:44:17 PM »
https://twitter.com/Kelven91/status/1247259159667650560

I tried it out, and it works. One time only tho.

Worked for me too. Thanks!
野球

Tripon

« Reply #447 on: April 24, 2020, 09:08:51 PM »

Tripon

« Reply #448 on: May 03, 2020, 01:22:27 AM »

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #449 on: May 03, 2020, 10:19:19 AM »
Aw shoot. I think the promos are gone now. Tried the two best ones and nothing. Luckily I have plenty of poke stops around me so I can stock up pretty heavily in a 30 minute walk.

Tripon

« Reply #450 on: May 06, 2020, 06:46:33 PM »
Right now, the only way to earn PokéCoins is to defend Gyms. But since Pokémon GO’s release, we’ve added features that have vastly changed the way you play. In addition, with more Trainers playing at home, we’re looking to provide more ways for you to earn PokéCoins while playing in one place. So, in the future, we’ll be rewarding you with PokéCoins for activities besides defending Gyms. We’ll soon be testing this update only with Trainers in Australia, and it’ll be coming to all Trainers after this testing phase.

In order to balance this new method of earning PokéCoins, the number of PokéCoins earned from defending Gyms will be reduced from six per hour to two. The maximum number of PokéCoins you can earn in a day will be increased to 55.

Here are some of the daily activities you might see. Complete the featured activities each day to receive five PokéCoins!

Make an Excellent Throw
Evolve a Pokémon
Make a Great Throw
Use a Berry to help catch a Pokémon
Take a snapshot of your buddy
Catch a Pokémon
Power up a Pokémon
Make a Nice Throw
Transfer a Pokémon
Win a raid

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/pokecoinupdate/

Field tested in AUS first before going global. I'm okay with the change as long as I'm in the house and can't get to a gym.

thisismyusername

« Reply #451 on: May 06, 2020, 07:39:35 PM »
Nerfs gyms a bit, but I'm fine with it. More things to do with the game to gain coins besides "Camp a gym 24/7" is a good thing.

Tripon

« Reply #452 on: May 06, 2020, 08:44:56 PM »
https://twitter.com/Kelven91/status/1258138240986632192

Lol never mind, this system is going to suck.

Tripon

« Reply #453 on: May 13, 2020, 09:01:35 PM »

Tripon

« Reply #454 on: May 15, 2020, 11:57:15 AM »
https://twitter.com/LeekDuck/status/1261014623572111363
https://twitter.com/LeekDuck/status/1261112356077215744

Hardest ones is probably catching fighting type and ghost type pokemon, at least it was for me.

Tasty

« Reply #455 on: May 15, 2020, 12:04:08 PM »
Hoenn :snore

thisismyusername

« Reply #456 on: May 15, 2020, 12:20:44 PM »
I couldn't be assed with the Kanto or Johto challenges. Shit like "catch this type of Pokemon that never spawn near you," "send a gift to a friend (that you don't have any of and have like 20 gifts in your inventory clogging space)" just made completing them all impossible.

The half-egg distance is nice, it speeds up the 2km ones signifcantly and makes 5 into 2's and 10's into 5's. Really should just be permanent.

Tripon

« Reply #457 on: May 24, 2020, 07:59:02 PM »

Tripon

« Reply #458 on: May 24, 2020, 09:35:29 PM »

Ghoul

« Reply #459 on: May 26, 2020, 04:34:35 PM »
I couldn't be assed with the Kanto or Johto challenges. Shit like "catch this type of Pokemon that never spawn near you," "send a gift to a friend (that you don't have any of and have like 20 gifts in your inventory clogging space)" just made completing them all impossible.

The half-egg distance is nice, it speeds up the 2km ones signifcantly and makes 5 into 2's and 10's into 5's. Really should just be permanent.

Gifts don't take up space :)

thisismyusername

« Reply #460 on: May 26, 2020, 05:50:39 PM »
Apparently they do, or I have too many Pokeballs from spinning stops and not enough expense on using them (because I'm trying to find NEW 'mons when I can just walk myself to death to evolve all 1,000+ Pokemon)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #461 on: June 01, 2020, 12:17:28 AM »
Usually a maximum of 10 gifts. 20 right now. They are managed through Items menu, and have a count associated.

Ghoul

« Reply #462 on: June 01, 2020, 08:05:55 AM »
Remember there's downtime today for Go..

Tripon

« Reply #463 on: June 02, 2020, 10:59:45 PM »
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 12:59:36 AM by Tripon »

Ghoul

« Reply #464 on: June 05, 2020, 11:05:01 AM »

These rewards are absolute shit.

paprikastaude

« Reply #465 on: June 05, 2020, 11:30:40 AM »
Stop whining and where's your code, timu?   :ufup
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 12:05:37 PM by Spieler1 »

Ghoul

« Reply #466 on: June 05, 2020, 11:36:36 AM »
Stop whining and where's your code timu?   :ufup

NEVER!  :riot

thisismyusername

« Reply #467 on: June 05, 2020, 12:21:26 PM »
Stop whining and where's your code, timu?   :ufup

I gotta agree though: Those basic rewards are shit. You already got like 80% of them from the map/randoms.

Genesect being a basic reward would make ponying up the cash to do the work worth it.

paprikastaude

« Reply #468 on: June 28, 2020, 07:06:01 PM »
Do we know if we ever get Dragon Quest Walk? :thinking

Tripon

« Reply #469 on: July 22, 2020, 09:02:27 PM »
https://twitter.com/NianticLabs/status/1286068891387482112

Code is for 10 max potions, 10 ultra balls, and 1 shinon stone.

thisismyusername

« Reply #470 on: July 22, 2020, 11:36:30 PM »
Is it honestly worth buying the Go Fest pass? I have no fucking clue what they do for these as they're generally on the other side of the world.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #471 on: July 23, 2020, 03:05:31 AM »
https://twitter.com/NianticLabs/status/1286068891387482112

Code is for 10 max potions, 10 ultra balls, and 1 shinon stone.

Thanks, I needed the stone. Haven't seen one in months.

Tripon

« Reply #472 on: August 27, 2020, 06:00:23 PM »

paprikastaude

« Reply #473 on: August 27, 2020, 06:15:53 PM »
Who is JbHuff  :doge

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #474 on: September 17, 2020, 07:06:28 PM »
Thought it is Huff?

paprikastaude

« Reply #475 on: October 15, 2020, 05:58:09 PM »

thisismyusername

« Reply #476 on: October 15, 2020, 06:09:19 PM »
https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/pokemon-home-2020/

You can send them, but you can't send them back. Because obviously making the game easier to complete the Pokedex on would be too much. :doge