Author Topic: Generic RIP Thread  (Read 118965 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: Generic RIP Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2016, 09:09:34 AM »
Woke up this morning, and a really cool friend had died. He was in a motorcycle accident a couple weeks ago, and we all expected that he'd pull through. I had only met in person one time at GDC, but was certain I'd see him again. According to my facebook feed, he knew every other game developer on the planet, and was considered one of the nicest. He was 41.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2016, 09:13:07 AM »
:( sorry chrono
pcp

qq more

« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2016, 11:40:25 AM »
Woke up this morning, and a really cool friend had died. He was in a motorcycle accident a couple weeks ago, and we all expected that he'd pull through. I had only met in person one time at GDC, but was certain I'd see him again. According to my facebook feed, he knew every other game developer on the planet, and was considered one of the nicest. He was 41.
wow sorry to hear that :(
ok

Take My Breh Away

Yulwei

« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2016, 12:33:22 PM »
One of the greatest. So sad we won't be getting more of his amazing art  :-\

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2016, 01:07:15 PM »
53, cancer :-\
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2016, 10:15:02 PM »
Just horrible. What an amazing talent.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2016, 11:58:07 PM »
rip

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
🍆🍆

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal

Tasty

« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2016, 02:30:07 PM »
RIP Anton Yelchin. :( :(

What a shitty way to go.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2016, 07:01:09 PM »
Wow, that is a sad way to go. And only 27! My goodness.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2016, 04:19:22 AM »
So I have the same car that killed him, that sucks  :-\

R.I.P.
Don't get caught between a Jeep and a hard place.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2016, 04:25:59 AM »
Just saw this on The Coli and had to post it. Story about ODB working with Mariah Carey. RIP Ole Dirty...
:dead

Cory Rooney: I reached out to ODB and he wanted $15,000 to rap on the record. At the time, that was a lot of money, but it really wasn't for Mariah Carey's budget -- so, no problem. He finally showed up, three hours late, and when he got there, it was about 10:30 at night. He had been drinking, and was on the phone when he walked in. Irate, screaming at some girl how he's gonna come kill her, he's going to kick her ass...and then whispering, “I love you.” Then screaming again. This went on for an hour.

He finally came out and was like, “Yo, pardon me, this bytch is driving me crazy. I need some Moet and Newports before we get into this record.” I said, “It's 12:30 at night now bro, I don't know where we’re going to get Moet from.” He started yelling at the assistants, calling them white devils, saying, “You white devils, y'all don't want black people to have shyt.” They went out for like an hour, and the only thing they could find were some Heinekens. He was so disgusted, he threw a bottle on the floor.

At this point Mariah had been calling every hour on the hour, wanting to hear something over the phone. Tommy was pissed because Mariah was keeping him up, so he finally got on the phone with ODB -- and after that, finally we started to record. He said one line -- "me and Mariah, go back like babies with pacifiers" -- then paused, said, “Yo, I need to take a break,” and went to sleep for 45 minutes. He woke up and was like, “Yo, let me hear what I did so far.” We played his one line back, he sang another line or two, and then slept for another hour. He would come up with a line, punch that in, go to sleep. He went to sleep 3 different times in the middle of trying to get that one verse done. If you listen to the record now, on his verse, you can hear that it’s punched in in pieces. He actually told the engineer, “Y'all better have your shyt set and record it right, cause I'm not doing it twice.”

I stayed in the studio until we finished it. So I was sleeping in the studio when Tommy and Mariah called me, and said they loved the record. But Tommy had a bright idea: let's get ODB back in the studio, and instead of just, “New York in the house,” do [a line] for every city. I said, “You’ve got to be kidding.” Of course [ODB] wanted another $15,000. He came back to the studio, a little more mellow but dead tired. He's sitting there picking food out of his teeth -- he pulled a piece of food out of his mouth so big it was scary. I was like, “How long did you walk around with that food in your mouth?” Like, it was unbelievable. Then he fell asleep on couch, kicked one shoe off. His foot smelled so bad, we had to let him sleep and leave the control room. Eventually, we got the other parts done and that was that. I thought the story was over.

A week later, it was time to shoot a video. We reached out to him, and he wanted another $15,000 dollars. No problem. So I sent a car to his house and he drank every friggin’ thing in the limo, showed up at Rye Playland [in New York], and went to his trailer. I had asked him, “Do you need the stylist to buy clothes for you?” He said, “Nah, this is hip-hop -- I'm just rocking some jeans and Timbs.” [That day], he was in the trailer, in and out of consciousness, when I said, “We're getting ready to do a scene.” He said, “I don't got no clothes, how am I going to do a video if I ain’t got nothing to wear?” I started screaming at him.

Tommy told us take my corporate credit card to the mall. ODB disappeared for a minute, and we found him in a store trying to buy Louis Vuitton luggage. He said, “I'm going to use it for a scene.” He came back [to the set] with all these bags of Tommy Hilfiger clothes and Timberlands.

It was finally time for him to do his scene, and I promise you, he put on a pair of jeans and Timbs, and said, “I'm not going to wear a shirt, I don't need no clothes.” I wanted to shoot him. He was like, “I have an idea -- I want to tie up the clown.” Plus, Mariah turned him on to peach schnapps, which she used to always drink. He drank like two bottles of that. So between the hot sun and him drinking two bottles, what a disastrous day that was. The video was a miracle, a real miracle.
http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/7272606/mariah-carey-songs-collaborations-history-stories

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

this guy  :lol

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2016, 09:38:51 AM »
I can't believe you fools are wasting bytes morning someone from the shitty new Star Trek movies but aren't saying a thing about Prince Be from PM Dawn dying. SMH.
serge

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2016, 03:03:03 PM »
As reported by various sources, including rapper MC Chris and Adult Swim creative director Jason DeMarco, longtime Adult Swim animator and voice actor C. Martin Croker has died. Croker was best known for playing both Zorak and Moltar on Cartoon Network’s talk show spoof Space Ghost Coast To Coast—the series that essentially established the template for what would become Adult Swim. Details haven’t been released, but the tone of DeMarco and MC Chris’ posts suggest that Croker’s death was “sudden.” He was 54.

2016 just keeps taking and taking. :tocry
dog

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2016, 05:51:58 PM »
As reported by various sources, including rapper MC Chris and Adult Swim creative director Jason DeMarco, longtime Adult Swim animator and voice actor C. Martin Croker has died. Croker was best known for playing both Zorak and Moltar on Cartoon Network’s talk show spoof Space Ghost Coast To Coast—the series that essentially established the template for what would become Adult Swim. Details haven’t been released, but the tone of DeMarco and MC Chris’ posts suggest that Croker’s death was “sudden.” He was 54.

:tocry

Adult Swim has posted every single Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast episode they were legally allowed to put up, for free without any region lock, account or cable subscription needed along with a 24/7 Marathon stream in Memoriam

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/space-ghost-coast-to-coast
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams/ghost-planet

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2016, 07:47:56 PM »
RIP Curtis Hanson.

Who had a solid, if not quite spectacular film directorial career (the Meryl Streep thriller vehicle The River Wild,8 Mile), were it not for that he also was behind the camera for what I would rate as a top ten film from the 90's. Frigging L.A. Confidential.

gawd dang, whatta movie.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2016, 08:01:18 PM »
I read this as Chris Hanson and thought the pedos had finally gotten him.
©@©™

Stoney Mason

Stoney Mason

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
🍆🍆

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2016, 12:58:07 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2016, 01:17:52 PM »
Right in the feels. :tocry
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2016, 07:32:42 PM »
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/showbiz-news/pete-burns-dead-singer-songwriter-12072672

:'(

Dude went from being an influence to a punchline. Sorry to see him go; a heart attack at 57 is just craziness.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2016, 11:02:03 PM »
WDW

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2016, 02:31:39 PM »
http://slippedisc.com/2016/10/french-classical-guitarist-dies-61/

Roland.  :(

Went to a few classes with him and performed quite a few of his compositions.

2016  >:(
que

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2016, 11:26:31 PM »
Sheri S. Tepper, famed novelist and celebrated misandrist, died last week. She wrote Grass, Beauty, and A Plague of Angels. Fabulous novelist, but I always felt bad for having a penis when reading her stuff.

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2016, 05:28:34 AM »
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/leonard-cohen-dead-at-82-w449792

Leonard Cohen. Legendary singer, songwriter and composer. Died during the week. 

Not unexpected. He had been in poor health for a while, but still hits hard  :'(

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2016, 07:09:56 AM »
Damn.  What a mind he had. It's probably me getting old but I feel like the vacuum created by the losses aren't getting filled.
rub

nudemacusers

« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2016, 07:04:44 AM »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2016, 08:54:30 AM »
I will churn lots of butter in her memory.
rub

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2016, 10:07:36 AM »
dog

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2016, 01:30:23 PM »
Florence Henderson was always one of those people that gave me hope. Even in her elderly years she didn't 'seem' old. She always had a youthful spirit.

Which makes her death a little sadder.

nudemacusers

« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2016, 04:22:19 PM »
This thread terrifies me every time it gets updated. Straight trigger warnings.
Borians die every day, b
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2016, 07:27:32 PM »
Ron Glass, Emmy-Nominated Actor Known for 'Barney Miller' and 'Firefly,' Dies at 71
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/ron-glass-dead-barney-miller-firefly-dies-1201927179/

=(

Stoney Mason

« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2016, 09:14:44 PM »
That one really hits me.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2016, 11:54:34 PM »
So young.
rub

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2016, 02:35:03 AM »

Hi

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2016, 02:35:48 PM »
Greg Lake of Emerson, Lake, and Palmer [also, King Crimson]:

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38251936
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2016, 02:54:51 PM »
Now 2016 has took 2/3rds of ELP. Palmer better keep his head down.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2016, 03:59:07 PM »
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2016, 07:07:01 PM »
Now 2016 has took 2/3rds of ELP. Palmer better keep his head down.

He's in a bunker, doing a countdown until Jan 1.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2016, 04:07:05 AM »
Astronaut John Glenn:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38257445
His political opponent once accused him of never having a job.  John Glen's response was epic:

"I spent 23 years in the United States Marine Corps. I lived through two wars. I flew 149 missions. I was in the space program. It wasn't my checkbook, it was my life that was on the line.

You go with me as I did out to a veterans' hospital and look those men with their mangled bodies in the eye and tell them that they didn't hold a job. You go with me to any Gold Star mother and you look her in the eye and you tell her that her son did not hold a job. You go to Arlington National Cemetery — where I have more friends than I'd like to remember — and you think about this nation, and you tell me that those people didn't have a job.

I tell you, Howard Metzenbaum, you should be on your knees every day of your life thanking God that there were some men, some men, who held a job. And they required a dedication to purpose, a love of country, and a dedication to duty that was more important than life itself.

And their self-sacrifice is what has made this nation possible.

I have held a job, Howard."

Public workers usually get crapped on these days for never having a "real job". Hope this makes people think a little.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2016, 12:32:15 PM »
I googled "Is John Glen dead" like a week ago, so I feel responsible. Sorry y'all.
zzzzz

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2016, 12:43:29 PM »
How he was depicted in The Right Stuff was amazing btw. By far my favorite parts of the film. :aah
I hate to be that guy especially because I like the movie, but you should definitely read the book. It's Tom Wolfe at his absolute best (and John Glenn is the best character (besides Chuck Yeager).
vin

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2016, 01:58:15 PM »
"And you tell 'em that astronaut John Glenn told you to say that!"

Alternatively, but not about John Glenn [it was about Chuck Yeager]:

"Is that a man?"

"Yeah, you're damn right it is!"
dog

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2016, 02:59:22 AM »
Hi

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2016, 08:21:52 PM »

clip stolen from
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jdwhKRZuBw&t=22s

I will admit to feeling a brief swelling of hope that this was real.

etiolate

« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2016, 04:07:20 PM »

=( Pretty much everyone loved him

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2016, 04:11:48 PM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #113 on: December 26, 2016, 03:44:07 PM »
RIP George Michael

https://twitter.com/GRRM/status/687648683647758337

...5 more days. Hang in there, brehs.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2017, 06:15:26 PM »

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2017, 03:50:50 AM »
well, shit.

Ferrer really was one of the best all time 'asshole' character actors ever. Not that he had a bad career, but the guy really could do more than just be a magnificent slimeball. To be fair, as noted previously by me, he was really good at it tho. Love that guy.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2017, 02:52:38 PM »
rub

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2017, 03:04:55 PM »
RIP in peace
🍆🍆

Stoney Mason

« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2017, 03:05:53 PM »
She always seemed like a very decent human being.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2017, 06:04:35 PM »
dog