Author Topic: VOAT Containment Megathread of Trash People for Trash People  (Read 2900816 times)

agrajag

Re: 🚨 Other Forum Megathread of...WTF OPPO DROPPO?! 🚨
« Reply #23100 on: August 12, 2017, 11:33:57 PM »
Wait, why is Steven Bannon getting royalties from Seinfeld? Is the show problematic?

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #23101 on: August 12, 2017, 11:34:44 PM »
Wait, why is Steven Bannon getting royalties from Seinfeld? Is the show problematic?

Some sort of investment thingy
püp

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #23102 on: August 12, 2017, 11:42:31 PM »
Wow benji why arnt you taking this more serious on such an upstanding website such as thebore.com.
dur

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #23103 on: August 13, 2017, 12:03:42 AM »
Who do they imagine they are talking to?   
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1418876

Is there a version of Don Quixote where he defeats all the windmills but continues to battle against the imagined and vanquished just because he like,  has nothing else to do and nowhere else where his behavior is tolerated

sigh

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #23104 on: August 13, 2017, 12:07:03 AM »
You seem to suffer little chagrin by guffawing at people who experience this time in history with great fear, terror, and hopelessness.  I appreciate the "cool-your-tits" attitude in regards to chicken-littling, but I can't accept the same sense of vague disinterest with serious, day-to-day issues.  You just seem to live for the peanut-gallery, and less for the subject matter of the performance.
We've actually had a form of this discussion before. It's about having a sense of history and awareness of scale. Some kind of perspective to work with.

One person is dead, 19 are wounded because of an individuals actions. There's a good chance the individuals actions were heavily motivated by some terrible ideology. Or a mental illness. Good chance of some combination, one exacerbating the other, right? That's how this stuff always seems to wind up like the last big news deal with the baseball shooter guy.

How many were murdered yesterday in the drug war? Not only by the state but by the conditions the state creates by forcing conflict resolution into a violent and illegal forum. That includes an extensive undermining of natural regulatory forces. How many in the war on terror and its related adventures? How many died in Venezeula, in North Korea, in China, in Russia due to their own wars against the basic tenets of humanity? How many from basic everyday racism? Yesterday, not today in one location where everyone was paying attention and hyped up for before hand. But everywhere else. What kind of dragnet do I need to run through those news stories until I've built up a list where we can say okay, we've got a big fat list of terrible shit that was done deliberately yesterday equal to one man driving his car into a crowd today. Also, we can go and include all the other stuff that happened today that left people dead or worse.

I'm supposed to be frightened, to be mortified, to be worked up into a white hot rage about what is ultimately a type of random chaos of prominent individual events when there's a deliberate order of horrors perpetrated in my name that doesn't cease, that doesn't improve, that exists only purely to perpetuate itself and its horrors. When you stop and think about it, it's pretty weird to be freaking out, to use a metric for this thread, at the level of twelve-ish GAF threads, about what is ultimately an uncontrollable one-off event and a hideous big league man's incompetent helpless response to something he can't actually control. This gets back to what was the question I was asking etoliate. Okay, so it's denounced, then what? Radicals don't stop, lunatics don't stop because they're denounced. And this is all stuff that we're hanging in a delicate orrery of "it creates an atmosphere that blah blah blah" horseshit when we have the same man heading an organization that is not metaphorically but literally causing extensive harm to many. Every day. Not one day that will be THE TOPIC until the next one comes along where we gotta go just as hard or harder. No, every god damn day. And nobody really gives a fucking shit about it.

You want to tackle serious day-to-day issues, you want to get into the subject matter. Then it all has to be on the table, doesn't it? Especially the shit we don't want to talk about because it's even more horrible to contemplate and explore than the stuff we secretly kinda do because it's got real nice stark contrasts in its morals and boy is it easy to turn it into a shooting gallery when we're literally taking on the very thing we've mocked for decades as trite and cliche. Fucking fascists. And the unpopular kind too. Hey, the ACLU got a lot of play for their role in this whole affair, I wonder what other cases they're up to.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Henry Ayo, a resident of East Baton Rouge Parish in Louisiana, says that when he appeared before a judge via closed-circuit television for his bail hearing on August 8, 2016, the judge did not ask him about himself or his case before she set his bail. The judge then told Ayo that, upon his release, his pre-trial supervision would be handled by a private Baton Rouge company, Rehabilitation Home Incarceration (RHI).

It took Ayo's wife two months to gather up enough money to post his $8,000 bail, but when she did, RHI told her she would also have to pay the company another $525 before Ayo would be released, then another $225 a month while he was awaiting trial. According to a contract Ayo was required to sign, he could be sent back to jail for violating the agreement.

Ayo's story is one of several alleged in a federal class-action lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and the Southern Poverty Law Center last night. The suit accuses RHI, Louisiana state judge Trudy White, and East Baton Rouge Parish of racketeering and extortion. According to the lawsuit, the bail scheme has forced hundreds of criminal defendants to pay RHI—a company with political connections to White—to be released from jail, "effectively holding them for ransom" and violating their Fourth and Fourteenth Amendment rights.

"This is predatory and illegal," Brandon Buskey, a senior staff attorney with the ACLU's Criminal Law Reform Project, said in a statement. "Rehabilitation Home Incarceration puts its own price on people's liberty and forces them to pay up, over and over again. Worse, this could not happen without the court and the jail enabling this scam, and ignoring the rights of those charged and presumed innocent."

The lawsuit is the latest in a string of legal actions across the country—in Georgia, Mississippi, Massachusetts, Alabama, Texas, Illinois, and California—challenging what civil libertarians say amount to debtors' prisons, where defendants are stuck behind bars simply because they cannot afford to pay.

According to the Louisiana lawsuit, defendants' monthly payments to RHI typically last 90 days but sometimes run indefinitely, until the resolution of their case. Defendants may also be billed for ankle bracelets and mandatory classes.

RHI is the only approved vendor for pre-trial supervision in White's court, the 19th Judicial District Court of Louisiana, although there is no formal contract between the court and RHI, the suit says. White has referred roughly 300 defendants to RHI over the last two years. The suit also says the sheriff and warden of East County Parish enforce a policy of not releasing arrestees without permission from RHI.

Oh, well, that one doesn't have anyone literally dead, so it's not too serious. What's this next story here.

On July 31, an undercover cop in Columbus, Georgia, invited a 51-year-old woman into his car and offered her $5 for oral sex. When she rebuffed his offer and tried to get out, he arrested the woman for loitering for the purpose of prostitution. The woman was booked into the Muscogee County Jail, where she still remains.
On Sunday morning, CPD officers arrested a 24-year-old homeless woman for allegedly waving at two passing cars from the side of the road. After the second car stopped and let her in, officers pulled it over. The woman, who had just been released from the county jail a few weeks prior and told them her name was the Virgin Mary, was charged with loitering for the purpose of prostitution and giving false information to police.

Last summer, 24-year-old C. Williams was arrested while sitting at a bus stop because, as Officer Jason Carden explained, Williams was carrying condoms and "dressed as a woman," despite records that said male. "Based off of that information, we charged him with loitering for the purpose of prostitution and took him to the Muscogee County Jail," Carden testified in court. (Williams told the court it was pink men's clothing, not women's clothing.) The judge handed down a sentence of 20 days in jail or a $200 fine.

Well, that's not too bad really either. Can we at least find some deaths jeez.
Brown University medical anthropologist Jennifer J. Carroll and her collaborators interviewed 149 opioid users in Rhode Island and found very little support for such claims. "Our findings directly contradict this narrative," they report in their IJDP article. "Interviewed heroin users overwhelmingly indicated that they prefer to avoid fentanyl-contaminated heroin whenever possible....When they do encounter fentanyl-contaminated heroin, many users report greatly disliking and often fearing the unpredictability of its effects."

The initial effects of fentanyl are more intense than heroin's, but not necessarily in a good way. The interviewees described the experience as overwhelming and incapacitating, and "a general consensus emerged that the effects of fentanyl are distinctly uncomfortable or distressing," with many users describing an unpleasant "pins and needles" sensation in their faces and limbs. Another drawback of injected fentanyl is that its effects last only a half-hour to an hour, compared to four to five hours for heroin.

And then there is the risk of sudden death. "The high potency of fentanyl means that only a minuscule amount (less than 2 mg, the equivalent of two grains of salt) can lead to overdose and death," Brown epidemiologist Brandon Marshall and his co-authors note elsewhere in the same issue of the IJDP. They add that "fentanyl causes rapid and more profound respiratory depression than other opioid analgesics, which significantly narrows the window of opportunity for reversal with naloxone," an opioid antagonist used to treat overdoses. An Australian study found that "the overall risk for fentanyl-related overdose was nearly 4.5 times higher than risk for overdose with other opioids."

Contrary to the accounts of cops and DEA agents, the Rhode Island opioid users interviewed by Carroll and her colleagues did not blithely dismiss this risk. "Participants who were aware of fentanyl universally described it as dangerous and potentially deadly," Carroll et al. write. "People are dropping like flies," one heroin user said. "I don't want to die," said another, explaining why he buys heroin only from a dealer he trusts not to sell him fentanyl-laced powder. Others said they try to avoid fentanyl and take "test hits"—small trial doses—whenever they suspect it is present. "Among illicit opioid users in Rhode Island," Carroll et al. conclude, "known or suspected fentanyl exposure is common, yet demand for fentanyl is low."
Restrictions on painkillers pushed opioid users toward heroin, which was cheaper and more readily available but also more dangerous because of its unpredictable purity. "I used to take just the pills, and then I started doing dope, the heroin, only when I could get it, when it was cheaper," one opioid user told Carroll's team. "But I don't prefer it because you never know what you're getting. It's scary, so I'm more into pills."

She is right to be scared, as University of Calgary toxicologist Scott Lucyk and Lewis Nelson, a professor of emergency medicine at Rutgers, point out:

For prescription drug abusers who are used to using prescription opioids with known constituents and concentrations, the use of heroin with its unpredictable purity and potential for adulteration creates significant problems. Not surprisingly, the risks of death related to prescription opioid misuse compared to heroin use are not the same. In 2014, 10.3 million people used prescription pain relievers non-medically as opposed to 914,000 people who used heroin. Despite a greater than 10-fold difference in number of users, the risk of death from heroin is much greater.

The CDC attributed 18,893 deaths to opioid analgesics in 2014. It attributed 10,574 to heroin, which was used by less than a tenth as many people. By that measure, heroin was more than five time as dangerous.

Ah, well, they were druggies.

As Beletsky and Davis note, "These increases in harm were as predictable as they are disastrous." In fact, they say, "The iatrogenic risk to the health of people who use drugs was not just foreseeable, but in some cases directly foreseen by policymakers." They quote Carrie DeLone, Pennsylvania's former physician general, who recently confessed that "we knew that this was going to be an issue, that we were going to push addicts in a direction that was going to be more deadly." Her justification: "You have to start somewhere."

Beletsky and Davis are rightly appalled by DeLone's attitude, saying, "This statement is emblematic of the belief that decisive action is more important than reducing overall societal harm. While seemingly widespread, this sentiment is inimical to...public health, scientific, and ethical norms." But making drug use more dangerous is arguably one of the ways prohibition works as intended, since it helps scare people away from illegal intoxicants. Conversely, making drug use safer defeats the purpose of prohibition by reducing that deterrent, which is why Maine Gov. Paul LePage vetoed a bill making naloxone more readily available. He complained that "creating a situation where an addict has a heroin needle in one hand and a shot of naloxone in the other produces a sense of normalcy and security around heroin use that serves only to perpetuate the cycle of addiction."
[close]

Okay, I think I'm getting my point across too strongly as I'm not actually angry with you or anything so I'm going to actually put that all in spoiler tags for tidyness sake. The point is, this is a form of MAD. And it's endless. Losing perspective, losing history, descending into the vigilante fantasies and murderous rampages continuously, drawing this line of no return we've finally crossed constantly over and over as the media feeds its cycle, that I was "guffawing" at from NeoGAF.com users is infinitely more dangerous, damaging and blinding to any claim we want to make on pursuing progress in our humanity. It's certainly not innocuous.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #23105 on: August 13, 2017, 12:08:24 AM »
He helped sell Castle Rock to Ted Turner and that was part of his fee.

He actually lost money overall on his attempts to buy into Hollywood. Which is why I assume he has a good partnership with Trump.

Boredfrom

« Reply #23106 on: August 13, 2017, 12:22:30 AM »
I mean, some posters in GAF are seriously posting stuff like making Molotov bombs with balloons to throw to the nazis. At least with Benji I will knew it was a joke.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #23107 on: August 13, 2017, 12:50:59 AM »
I mean, some posters in GAF are seriously posting stuff like making Molotov bombs with balloons to throw to the nazis. At least with Benji I will knew it was a joke.

Double-wide desk chair keyboard Le Résistance.  At the same time they are also the "sigh, it's always been racist, is now, always will be, double sigh.   The only thing that will solve this is violent overthrow.  You guys do that and I'll blog about it. "
sigh

zepblackstar

« Reply #23108 on: August 13, 2017, 12:56:59 AM »
Benny Hill

In 1989

:holeup
:ufup
no slandering of Benny Hill allowed

Thankfully in 2017, that is the extent of GAF members involvement  of the outside world.

if this was 2010 GAF, I would be worried.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #23109 on: August 13, 2017, 01:09:14 AM »
Damn, I live in Virginia and I'm not as stressed as some of you  :holeup

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #23110 on: August 13, 2017, 01:17:42 AM »

are you white?

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #23111 on: August 13, 2017, 01:19:46 AM »

are you white?

Jesus Christ no  :oreilly

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #23112 on: August 13, 2017, 01:36:26 AM »
 :doge

jorma

« Reply #23113 on: August 13, 2017, 03:06:38 AM »
It isn't the ex-president's responsibility to calm the nation. In fact, it's a faux pas for a former president to be out and openly contradicting and shitting on the current sitting president. That's almost never done. Especially not a direct predecessor.

100% chance it will be done to the next president lol.

And here's a prime example of a low information shitposter with no educational access to poligaf threads. There's not going to be a next president you doofus.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #23114 on: August 13, 2017, 03:57:21 AM »
this is what being a libertarian does to you

kids, be warned

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #23115 on: August 13, 2017, 06:14:54 AM »

Etoilet makes the classic mistake of any r/pol, redpill, or Sacramento Kings fan forum poster- thinking he's smarter than the people he's trying to fuck with.

I am smarter. That's not a secret.

For a dude who tries to make sure everyone knows he's smarter than everyone else, your logic is some of the most distinguished mentally-challenged shit.

Don't do the right/good thing because some people somewhere might not be satisfied and expect more. You know what the single easiest thing to condemn in the United States is? Fucking Neo Nazis holding rallies and killing someone.

I don't fucking do that.

lol

nudemacusers

« Reply #23116 on: August 13, 2017, 07:25:53 AM »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

« Reply #23117 on: August 13, 2017, 08:03:24 AM »
Gorka seems to only be there to bitch in Fox News. I mean, is still shitty that he is there but he is not the mastermind behind Trump policy. They are scumbag enablers pf shit like today, though.

Man, I don't get it with you guys. Nobody is saying Trump and all his people are literal nazis, but Gorka is a literal nazi, Bannon has a history of "what about white people though" and Trump just refused to shit on white supremacists because "both sides".

I know y'all are fuming about GAF discourse and are so afraid to be called gaffers, when the only reason you're even posting in this thread on this forum is because you are/were gaffers. But are we going to act like their hand wringing is enough for us to not see this administration actively try to appeal to it's white supremacist base? Or ignore the fact that they have enough cabinet members with white supremacist leaning politics?

Of course not, they are racist scumbags and the worst kind of enablers. They are just not nazis, they are ideological sell outs. If they were nazis or white supremacist they at least would have some sort of ideological base, but the are ideological cocksuckers. Bannon is a anti stableshiment figure gets royalties from Seinfeld and goes to catholic councils to bitch about "Tha sistem", Sessions is a veteran republican that was racist enough to never be judge until Trump asked to suck his cock, Gorka is to stupid Even for Fox News.

They are scumbags and sell outs,  calling them Nazis just empower the racist idiots that believe that Trump didn't beg to Peña Nieto to stop shit talking the guy. They are bunch of cucks , the kind of that /pol/  bitches about but Trump gets a free pass because "take that libtards". Con men that are more afraid in pissing their fanatical base than being labelled traitors while knowing that the dog whistles just can let them go so far before people learn that they could care less about ideology, free speech, justice, or whatever bullet point they try to leech on.

But there is at least one actual Nazi in the inner circle. Yeah, when people were calling Dubya a Nazi, this comment was totally accurate. Or [insert literally every right wing politician in America since the end of WWII]. But now there is an actual Nazi with access to the White House, the president's confidence and a position of political and authoritative power. This can't just be handwaved away just because the shirking violets have cried wolf one too many times. Are they all Nazis? No. But they are comfortable enough with the ideology to allow one to not only run unchecked, but to give him a place at the table, so to speak.

They are also all the other things you're saying, but one of them is a Nazi. An actual goddamn Nazi with a White House appointed position. You can't blame people for going a little crazy that this is a thing that is happening and nobody is able to put a stop to it. And by 'stop to it' I mean the fact that it appears the administration ran end arounds to give the guy security clearances that he was never able to obtain independently because - shocker - being a Nazi sort of kills that possibility in the eyes of the U.S. security powers.

Lothar

« Reply #23118 on: August 13, 2017, 09:25:39 AM »
benji you realize you post more in this thread than anyone, right?

fucking christ dude.  You're shtick isn't funny anymore.  People are dying.

That's not true. If you put the incident in question to the Benny Hill theme, it instantly gets funny. As does everything.

A violent nazi ran into some violent counter-protestors?

The Benny Hill theme even made 9/11 funny.  Anything can be joked about.

Boredfrom

« Reply #23119 on: August 13, 2017, 09:36:34 AM »
Gorka seems to only be there to bitch in Fox News. I mean, is still shitty that he is there but he is not the mastermind behind Trump policy. They are scumbag enablers pf shit like today, though.

Man, I don't get it with you guys. Nobody is saying Trump and all his people are literal nazis, but Gorka is a literal nazi, Bannon has a history of "what about white people though" and Trump just refused to shit on white supremacists because "both sides".

I know y'all are fuming about GAF discourse and are so afraid to be called gaffers, when the only reason you're even posting in this thread on this forum is because you are/were gaffers. But are we going to act like their hand wringing is enough for us to not see this administration actively try to appeal to it's white supremacist base? Or ignore the fact that they have enough cabinet members with white supremacist leaning politics?

Of course not, they are racist scumbags and the worst kind of enablers. They are just not nazis, they are ideological sell outs. If they were nazis or white supremacist they at least would have some sort of ideological base, but the are ideological cocksuckers. Bannon is a anti stableshiment figure gets royalties from Seinfeld and goes to catholic councils to bitch about "Tha sistem", Sessions is a veteran republican that was racist enough to never be judge until Trump asked to suck his cock, Gorka is to stupid Even for Fox News.

They are scumbags and sell outs,  calling them Nazis just empower the racist idiots that believe that Trump didn't beg to Peña Nieto to stop shit talking the guy. They are bunch of cucks , the kind of that /pol/  bitches about but Trump gets a free pass because "take that libtards". Con men that are more afraid in pissing their fanatical base than being labelled traitors while knowing that the dog whistles just can let them go so far before people learn that they could care less about ideology, free speech, justice, or whatever bullet point they try to leech on.

Are they all Nazis? No. But they are comfortable enough with the ideology to allow one to not only run unchecked, but to give him a place at the table, so to speak.

The only thing I said is that they are all opportunist scumbags and that the "nazi administration" hyperbole doesn't help and just validates neo nazis desperate for legitimacy. Most of the WH staff should not be there, including Trump, pointing out that Gourka seems to only be there to bitch to Fox News doesn't makes stuff better but gives a realist perspective of why Trump is deluded enough to maintain him there.

Calling the administration as racist opportunistic scumbags doesn't actually make them better than Nazis, as they are fucking enablers of shit like yesterday.

Shuri

« Reply #23120 on: August 13, 2017, 10:11:08 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1418910  :doge

Why are they acting like people being assholes is a new thing?

Is it because they were sheltered from the online scene and started gaming on the xbox one? People were HOSTILE AS FUCK back in the late '90 too, on irc. I remember people getting doxed and their connections packeted to death over Quake 2 clan stuff, for god's sake. There was a a lot of shit talking in the arcade days

Is he gonna stop playing sports because people are mean? The sport industry is a way more hostile environment than the gaming scene. I remember how a friend who was deep into the fanfiction world ( :doge ) and she would tell me about the incredible drama that happened there. We're talking grown women, mothers of kids, bullying teenagers almost to death over some story they wrote about a relationship between two characters.

Shitty behaviors are not exclusive to gaming.

Nothing will excuse shitty behaviors, assholes need to be exposed and shamed, but I'm getting seriously triggered by people acting like they are heroic because they can't handle the heat and quit an entire hobby over adversity. They're making it more about themselves than about the cause.

They need to realize that the world will always be rough, and there are always going to be predators around, preying on the weak. Giving up an entire hobby over this is only feeding them.

Grow a spine and fight back against whatever you want to to stop.

How are they going to handle real life? Real life as in office politics, job drama, and so on. Are they going to 'quit' too and hide in their room?

Also, gaffers need to stop gaffing themselves into a shoot. The Gaming Industry is nothing like modern NeoGAF is thing it is.. The forum is completely out of touch and a relic of the past. The admins and mods failed to keep up with actual gaming, the talented gamers and knowledgeable posters all moved to twitter/twitch, and the industry people moved on a decade ago.

Even shitty blogs journalists don't even bother posting on NeoGAF these days.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 10:20:31 AM by Shuri »

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #23121 on: August 13, 2017, 10:20:11 AM »
I don't think the people who seriously have such a thin skin are working in the first place. I also hope that 90% of the complaints about the world not treating you with kid gloves is attention seeking bullshit. But Gaf does have those threads where multiple people don't know how to wipe their ass so who the fuck knows.  :lol

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #23122 on: August 13, 2017, 10:20:35 AM »

are you white?

Jesus Christ no  :oreilly

WOW white shaming, basically as bad as nazis. Really disappointed in you G-Nobody .

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #23123 on: August 13, 2017, 11:00:00 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1418910  :doge

Why are they acting like people being assholes is a new thing?

Is it because they were sheltered from the online scene and started gaming on the xbox one? People were HOSTILE AS FUCK back in the late '90 too, on irc. I remember people getting doxed and their connections packeted to death over Quake 2 clan stuff, for god's sake. There was a a lot of shit talking in the arcade days

Is he gonna stop playing sports because people are mean? The sport industry is a way more hostile environment than the gaming scene. I remember how a friend who was deep into the fanfiction world ( :doge ) and she would tell me about the incredible drama that happened there. We're talking grown women, mothers of kids, bullying teenagers almost to death over some story they wrote about a relationship between two characters.

Shitty behaviors are not exclusive to gaming.

Nothing will excuse shitty behaviors, assholes need to be exposed and shamed, but I'm getting seriously triggered by people acting like they are heroic because they can't handle the heat and quit an entire hobby over adversity. They're making it more about themselves than about the cause.

They need to realize that the world will always be rough, and there are always going to be predators around, preying on the weak. Giving up an entire hobby over this is only feeding them.

Grow a spine and fight back against whatever you want to to stop.

How are they going to handle real life? Real life as in office politics, job drama, and so on. Are they going to 'quit' too and hide in their room?

Also, gaffers need to stop gaffing themselves into a shoot. The Gaming Industry is nothing like modern NeoGAF is thing it is.. The forum is completely out of touch and a relic of the past. The admins and mods failed to keep up with actual gaming, the talented gamers and knowledgeable posters all moved to twitter/twitch, and the industry people moved on a decade ago.

This is such a "close your eyes nicca" tweet post that completely misses the point of his OP. But I don't have the energy or effort to care to explain it to you.

There's a difference between "thin skin" and "not wanting to deal with that bullshit when I just want to have fun."
---
Just right now, had a Squad Leader insult me because I continued to join his (open) squad when he kept kicking me as it was the only free slot in Battlefield. "You suck." He says, and I go "then close your squad, jackass."

Meanwhile, end of the round? I'm positive in kills and higher on the leaderboard playing the objective, spotting folks, capping AND defending flags and his ass is like 50 points under me. Next round?

"Gee, you didn't seem to do better than me, and had a negative KDR to boot. What does that say about you, against someone that doesn't even play the majority playerbase mode? taco."

Sometimes having group-mute is far more benficial than having to outshit talk and outplay the person shit-talking you. Because, spoiler: I wasn't even attempting to PTFO that round, I was going for the shitty ass side-objectives for dogtags and ribbons that DICE threw in.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #23124 on: August 13, 2017, 11:00:21 AM »

Bobby Roberts
rub

Himu

« Reply #23125 on: August 13, 2017, 01:26:22 PM »
This is why you play fighting games, Username. No one talks on mics. Mics are wack. Fuck that. That nicca is going down. Fuck that multiplayer fps drama shit. Fuck teams, too. And if he gave you trouble in real life? You'd have the satisfaction of bopping his ass live as you get to see the demotivation hit his face as you decimate his trash talking ass round after round. :lawd
IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23126 on: August 13, 2017, 01:37:06 PM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=246048486

But some of the Noal movies that have those IMAX screens tend to alternate between letterboxing and using the whole screen. And those Imax scenes definitely look a whole lot better

Start shooting movies in the format in which they will be watched for decades to come instead the format in which they will be shown for like a month or two

Oh my sweet summer child.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23127 on: August 13, 2017, 01:43:03 PM »
Bitcoin about to hit $4,000 per. Anyone in on this?

I was already highly suspicious of it but realizing Russia is deeply involved makes it a nonstarter for me.

:putin

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=245986072
ὕβρις

agrajag

« Reply #23128 on: August 13, 2017, 01:59:34 PM »
Looking at different bc wallets right now so I could get my coin out of coinbase.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #23129 on: August 13, 2017, 02:08:53 PM »
This is why you play fighting games, Username. No one talks on mics. Mics are wack. Fuck that. That nicca is going down. Fuck that multiplayer fps drama shit. Fuck teams, too. And if he gave you trouble in real life? You'd have the satisfaction of bopping his ass live as you get to see the demotivation hit his face as you decimate his trash talking ass round after round. :lawd
Sometimes mics and fighting games lead to some beautiful shit though

nudemacusers

« Reply #23130 on: August 13, 2017, 02:18:48 PM »
"Is that all you do in your house?"

Brutality  :o
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #23131 on: August 13, 2017, 02:19:39 PM »
From the 2015 era

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1035901

:doge

That's around the time they started banning discussion of Criminal Girls et al, which as we know cleared out all of the pedophiles forever.
©@©™

nudemacusers

« Reply #23132 on: August 13, 2017, 02:21:04 PM »
Aside from a few random nobodies who nobody knew about ofc
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

FStop7

« Reply #23133 on: August 13, 2017, 02:47:17 PM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=246031456

Probably a sexual predator like Bill Riccio.

Oh in that case when will he be made a GAF mod?

counterhit

« Reply #23135 on: August 13, 2017, 03:42:05 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1419028
"The misguided attacks on ACLU for defending Neo-Nazis" - The Intercept/Greenwald

This is the perfect thread to appear on GAF.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #23136 on: August 13, 2017, 03:46:13 PM »
That thread is already a shitshow. For a forum that loves to jerk off about how left/progressive it is, gaf sure was quick to show how knee-jerk conservative they really are

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #23137 on: August 13, 2017, 03:50:38 PM »
They just don't get it. They won't ever get it. The ones who get it are banned or will be banned soon because feels before reals etc.
Fish<

Vertigo

« Reply #23138 on: August 13, 2017, 03:55:46 PM »
Got to love tough talking like this.

Quote from: JambiBum
Tired of all the "let's not be violent with nazis" people. You know what stopped nazis in WWII? It wasn't peaceful marches or protests, it was bullets. Protesting and simply telling someone that they are wrong doesn't work when they are already a part of that culture. Before anyone asks, yes I am advocating for straight up killing each and every person who considers themselves a part of this new nazi movement. I thought about mincing words and trying to find a way to dance around saying it directly, but the time of mincing words needs to come to an end.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246059056&postcount=2378

:whoo

Vertigo

« Reply #23139 on: August 13, 2017, 03:58:45 PM »
That thread is already a shitshow. For a forum that loves to jerk off about how left/progressive it is, gaf sure was quick to show how knee-jerk conservative they really are

Quote from: Slayven;246060394
My feelings on the ACLU are

"I don't have to kill you, but I don't have to save you either"

I will divert my support to other groups.

Quote from: Mammoth Jones;246059884
Terrorist organizations shouldn't have rights. They should be banned and eradicated. How many more people do they need to butcher?

:beli

Himu

« Reply #23140 on: August 13, 2017, 04:03:34 PM »
Lmao thank you whoever banned me on gaf so my name is no longer associated with that shit show. Being anti-free speech. "Terrorist groups shouldn't have rights." While ignoring that many people consider BLM to be a hate group and could be placed under the same scrutiny (although it's not as deserved, that's not the point).
IYKYK

railGUN

« Reply #23141 on: August 13, 2017, 04:21:34 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1414921

This makes me feel even better about my automatic monthly donation to the ACLU

<- card carrying donor to the ACLU.

Bravo ACLU. Bravo

The ACLU is fucking amazing.

Same. My employer even matches it!

Same. Worth every penny.

Lol. I fucking love you ACLU. And cheers to the John Oliver's team for going in on this.

Holy shit. I love the ACLU

Quote from: Adam_Vania
lol at the ACLU defending the rights of super rich media elite the irony here is so thick it's absurd

can't that money go to help some actual minorities or poor people

:banplz (was banned)

They protect everyone's civil liberties. Stop whinging.

ACLU = American Civil Liberties Union

Quote from: EviLore
Eat shit, Adam.

ACLU went in, god damn! That was pretty great.

My donations going to work! Love it!

The monthly ACLU donation I set up when Trump got elected has been well worth it.

Card carrying ACLU donors unite. Also... thank you evilore.

I wasn't a ACLU member till just a few months ago and I am glad they are around. I never knew how important they are to fighting the good fight.

:lol

https://twitter.com/NeoGAF/status/825465887792754689

:lol :lol
Fish<

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #23142 on: August 13, 2017, 04:33:34 PM »
Oh God...   ::)

There ain't no other place worth donating 1000$ aside from some shitty organization promoting more legalist masturbation in a first world country?

How about people without malaria meds or clean water and sanitary conditions? Throwing money to the wind might be more beneficial.

If you are going to take the moral highroad then at least take it.

Himu

« Reply #23143 on: August 13, 2017, 04:35:39 PM »
ACLU please fight for gun rights so we don't have to turn to the NRA for the love of God.
IYKYK

nudemacusers

« Reply #23144 on: August 13, 2017, 04:40:29 PM »

There ain't no other place worth donating 1000$ aside from some shitty organization promoting more legalist masturbation in a first world country?
Amirox's fund for his mom?  :doge

Amirox of course being a random poster on neogaf who nobody knows anything about whatsoever
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #23145 on: August 13, 2017, 04:45:31 PM »

Amirox's fund for his mom?  :doge

Amirox of course being a random poster on neogaf who nobody knows anything about whatsoever

At least he didn't beat his mom during all those times he was stoned from the drugs that money bought. That's more than what Evilore's money will do in ACLU.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #23146 on: August 13, 2017, 04:47:22 PM »
ACLU please fight for gun rights so we don't have to turn to the NRA for the love of God.

AFAIK, ACLU focuses on first amendment only?

Himu

« Reply #23147 on: August 13, 2017, 05:07:49 PM »

AFAIK, ACLU focuses on first amendment only?

Nope. ACLU doesn't fight for individual gun rights. They're fine with collective gun ownership but they would be a tremendous ally in gun rights with none of the crazy.

There is this.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/washington-markup/gun-control-laws-should-be-fair

And this

https://www.aclu.org/blog/washington-markup/use-error-prone-and-unfair-watchlists-not-way-regulate-guns-america

But many of us feel ACLU could do better. We want them to be the alternative to the NRA for gun rights. Unfortunately, right now NRA is the main org that does. Although there's other gun rights groups NRA is by far the most powerful.

Here's a Reddit thread on it from the liberal/left perspective.

https://www.reddit.com/r/liberalgunowners/comments/5wzyeq/rationalizing_collective_rights_vs_individual/

IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23148 on: August 13, 2017, 05:41:28 PM »
This is why you play fighting games, Username. No one talks on mics. Mics are wack. Fuck that.

LOL, yes they do.  But nowadays you have games that don't even have chat support like SFV and quite frankly...I don't miss it one bit, apart from the some of the hilarity like you posted below.  :lol

That nicca is going down. Fuck that multiplayer fps drama shit. Fuck teams, too. And if he gave you trouble in real life? You'd have the satisfaction of bopping his ass live as you get to see the demotivation hit his face as you decimate his trash talking ass round after round. :lawd

Don't use a mic in FPS games either.  Idiots blaring through the speakers?  Mute that shit or just mute the game and throw on some music or whatever.  Or play something else-- like, I can kind of understand that dude being soured on Overwatch, but that's one game.  Stop playing it if you're THAT bothered by it.  Why the hell would you sell all your gaming shit and stop playing video games because of idiot trolls online?  LMAO.
:neogaf

Sometimes mics and fighting games lead to some beautiful shit though

Fuck yes!  :lol :rofl

My personal favorites:

-Played a dude in SF4.  He was Rog and I was Chun.  I was able to beat him by pretty much jumping straight up and hitting Roundhouse.  Literally just that.  He started raging on the mic and I plugged mine in and went "U MAD U MAD U MAD U MAD U MAD" and the shit talking stopped.  I kept on talking and finished the match with him just sitting there.  I was amazed he didn't rage quit.

-Mortal Kombat 9: Kind of similar to Wong's video in X.  This was right after the game came out.  Played a little kid who sucked and beat him.  There wasn't any shit-talking or whining going on, though.  It was when I did a fatality.  Suddenly you can hear his parents freak the hell out and tell him to turn the game off ASAP and that it's getting returned to the store.  :lol :lol :lol

-Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Played some dude in a random match and won.  He sends me a hate message and I responded with the classic SF movie-style "You day you played me was the greatest match of your life.  For me...it was Saturday."  I cam across him again and he plugged in a mic and started raging with "IT WAS JUST SATURDAY?!!?!  IT WAS JUST SATURDAY HUH MOTHERFUCKER?!?!"  I was laughing my ass off and still beat him again. :rofl
ど助平

Vertigo

« Reply #23149 on: August 13, 2017, 06:00:48 PM »
Quote from: Not;246061662
I need to stay off Twitter. I'm itching for a fight. Can't tell if it's just testosterone.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm basically talking about tweeting back at alt-right people.

:neogaf

Vertigo

« Reply #23150 on: August 13, 2017, 06:01:56 PM »
I miss people talking on mics used to make FPS matches so much more fun. Love that games like GTA:online keep the magic happening.

Lothar

« Reply #23151 on: August 13, 2017, 06:08:03 PM »
Only play games with people you know.  Problem solved.  I never got the appeal of playing with complete strangers.

Himu

« Reply #23152 on: August 13, 2017, 06:20:02 PM »
The appeal is they'll help you learn something and then you meet em irl and fight them in offline play. At least for fighters. For fighters you play people you don't know and kind of grow a network of friends who you eventually meet and play offline.  Maybe you'll start a rivalry or friendship? I like that social aspect.
IYKYK

railGUN

« Reply #23153 on: August 13, 2017, 06:27:05 PM »
As someone who wrote a really annoying paper for a group project on 4chan, and had to spend a lot of time on /pol/ to learn about them, the people who say there is no connection between the alt-right and anime are kidding themselves.

These guys love anime, they envy Japan's cultural homogeny, and there is strong Asian fetishism because of the stereotypes of the perfectly submissive Asian wife. There are regular debates about whether miscegenation is okay if it's white man and Asian woman.

I think they want the idealistic stylized reality, where the girls fit into neat little perverted boxes catering to some loser protagonist. Waifus are abound.

They combine anime with their ideals frequently in memes.

(Image removed from quote.)

Do I think anyone with an anime avatar is likely to be alt right? No, of course not.

But the alt right DO love anime and they are proud of it.

Fish<

Jansen

« Reply #23154 on: August 13, 2017, 06:38:03 PM »
Quote from: Hex
Not sure why this assbag's opinion is supposed to matter to me. Spoiler
spoiler (click to show/hide)
it doesn't
[close]

Just watched this and enjoyed it. Sad that so many had hang ups or preconceptions that kept them from liking it.

Seriously again though this age of people letting themselves be swayed by interweb dime a dozens is disturbing

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=246067590

agrajag

« Reply #23155 on: August 13, 2017, 06:59:14 PM »
To Destroy Neo-Nazis, should the U.S. revise the 1st Amendment of the Bill of Rights?

Boredfrom

« Reply #23156 on: August 13, 2017, 08:27:00 PM »
As someone who wrote a really annoying paper for a group project on 4chan, and had to spend a lot of time on /pol/ to learn about them, the people who say there is no connection between the alt-right and anime are kidding themselves.

These guys love anime, they envy Japan's cultural homogeny, and there is strong Asian fetishism because of the stereotypes of the perfectly submissive Asian wife. There are regular debates about whether miscegenation is okay if it's white man and Asian woman.

I think they want the idealistic stylized reality, where the girls fit into neat little perverted boxes catering to some loser protagonist. Waifus are abound.

They combine anime with their ideals frequently in memes.

Do I think anyone with an anime avatar is likely to be alt right? No, of course not.

But the alt right DO love anime and they are proud of it.

I can totally see bigots be attracted to Japanese racial hegemony and their politics on it... But most probably all of this stuff will not be in a moeblob anime show or in the new DBS or anything like that. Most people weaboo enough to want to live in in Japan would call out this politics and other societal problems than being redneck you tubers or MRA searching for a submissive wife.

Sure as hell I have seen super woke users with anime avatars like alt right trolls. So I doubt it has to do with anime brainwashing our kids but more to do with cartoon tits, harems and power fantasies.

Vertigo

« Reply #23157 on: August 13, 2017, 08:48:11 PM »
The peasants are revolting again.

Quote from: Animator
So I dunno which one but I am getting a security certificate not verified pop up from my iphone and if I cancel that there are non stop "your phone is infected with virus click here to clean it up" pop ups. Anyone else getting those?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1418878

At this point anyone browsing gaf without protection is crazy.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #23158 on: August 13, 2017, 08:48:17 PM »
Slayven trying to make himself to be the real victim when a black man is attacked by the KKK.

Quote from: Slayven
I see little difference between people that advocate for genocide, and those folks that want to enjoy a little racism between friends in a intimate setting. Symptom of the same disease really

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246052934&postcount=403

Jokes with friends is not much different form genocide and vicious assault.  What namby-pamby, cake boy racism has he faced?  People expecting him to be good at basketball?

But he has to make everything about him and how uninformed he is.
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #23159 on: August 13, 2017, 10:37:22 PM »
Man, I took a good week to hit up a pair of weddings.  NeoGaf clearly was in need of a full scale hysterectomy these past 5 days.
sigh