Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 946159 times)

Himu

Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #1200 on: January 14, 2017, 10:07:58 PM »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1201 on: January 14, 2017, 10:11:07 PM »
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1202 on: January 14, 2017, 10:15:53 PM »
Claims to have the same opinion of JoePublic

Geeks out about Shin Megami Tensei and Shenmue 3

Himu

« Reply #1203 on: January 14, 2017, 10:26:45 PM »
Claims to have the same opinion of JoePublic

Geeks out about Shin Megami Tensei and Shenmue 3

I mentioned systems.

Not games.
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1204 on: January 14, 2017, 10:38:00 PM »
Which is why it's funny. You're proclaiming to have this prophetic console power when your taste start as far away from Joe Public as possible.

Tasty

« Reply #1205 on: January 14, 2017, 11:08:23 PM »
Dad-Bowser is so fucking cute.

Himu

« Reply #1206 on: January 14, 2017, 11:11:26 PM »
I know!

Which is why it's funny. You're proclaiming to have this prophetic console power when your taste start as far away from Joe Public as possible.

Zelda and Mario are definitely not mainstream!
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1207 on: January 14, 2017, 11:14:41 PM »
Bowser is a rapist come on guys
pcp

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #1208 on: January 14, 2017, 11:15:45 PM »
snipperclips looked really cool in the treehouse event

Pls don't be a full price game
20 bones, at retail even.

I keep hoping the so far Japanese only Spelunker World gets announced for the West so I have one less reason to feel guilty for inevitably buying this thing.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1209 on: January 14, 2017, 11:20:26 PM »
I also love Call of Duty. Wouldn't say I'm an expert of what regular joe gamer is interested in though.

Himu

« Reply #1210 on: January 15, 2017, 12:29:43 AM »
I also love Call of Duty. Wouldn't say I'm an expert of what regular joe gamer is interested in though.

Lager said my opinion doesn't equal the public opinion. I Disagree. When it comes to system purchases my opinion has largely been in line with the public. I've never gotten a dud/failure system that wasn't already dead or had a massive price drop. I'm not saying I'm an expert. But lager and I have made a bet and I have a good feeling about the switch.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1211 on: January 15, 2017, 12:43:55 AM »
snipperclips looked really cool in the treehouse event

Pls don't be a full price game
20 bones, at retail even.

I keep hoping the so far Japanese only Spelunker World gets announced for the West so I have one less reason to feel guilty for inevitably buying this thing.

Games like snipperclips prove Rah's statement that the system doesn't have the library that fits a hybrid wrong. As does Puyo Puyo Tetris, also originally a handheld game. Jury is out on Bomberman because we don't know a price but I'm betting on 20 at retail. Budget price, again. These are all retail games. And the pricing model is scaled, fitting a hybrid, as expected.

So far the Switch haters are off to a really good start on being wrong. In this case it was touted that the system is only advertised as a console because it only has console oritented games. Within hours that was proven wrong. The next few months are going to be delicious regarding bets and good ol game of prediction.

*shakes dice*
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1212 on: January 15, 2017, 12:44:21 AM »
You're examples of choosing the right console are basicly comparable to "I think that Star Wars movie is going to do good".

Wow you didn't choose the Dreamcast after duds from Sega. Wow because I'm sure everyone also didn't think of that.

You chose the PS2 over everything else. Wow really original.

You chose the 360 which had been a year out over the Ps3(which btw turned into a great system). Wait didn't the 360 also burn out?

Did you get these systems at launch or did you know right from the get go? This isn't the power of hindsight is it?

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1213 on: January 15, 2017, 12:48:19 AM »
Yeah because when I think co-op puzzle games, I think handheld games.

My sole point was that at this conference the messaging was of a home console. Which it was. Something like whatever that crap is wasn't presented, because I guess it wouldn't fit the home console message they were selling.

You nintards are doing a good job spinning already. I guess you need to get ready when it inventively bombs.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1214 on: January 15, 2017, 12:49:54 AM »
As does Puyo Puyo Tetris, also originally a handheld game.

What are you talking about?  This game originally came out on the PS3/Wii U/Vita/3DS at the same time.

So far the Switch haters are off to a really good start on being wrong. In this case it was touted that the system is only advertised as a console because it only has console oritented games. Within hours that was proven wrong.

Who said this?  Also...why are you being such a Switch Stan all of a sudden?  It's like you don't even want to be remotely critical of anything.  It's OK to like and dislike stuff at the same time.  :doge
ど助平

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #1215 on: January 15, 2017, 01:05:38 AM »
kinda amazing that Bomberman is the first actual non-Metal Gear or sports game to come out of Konami in actual years (maybe in Japan they're still putting out stuff, I dunno). I want it to be good so very badly, but I don't trust Konami to not eff it up.

It'll be stupidly expensive, or have some dumb friggin DLC scheme if its not, or have terrible and irritating music or some new 'feature' that makes it inferior to all the non-HD versions that this one follows.

Himu

« Reply #1216 on: January 15, 2017, 01:09:18 AM »
I tend to not buy at launch. True. For the most part, buying systems at launch is for suckers. There's almost always some revision down the pipeline or a better lineup. With launch systems, people always complain about sparse titles schedules. Waiting two to three years for a system fixes that problem and they're almost always cheaper.

However, I do always make my pick before this happens. I tend to make my pick and then purchase years down the line. This time I'm buying at launch. The systems I have bought at or near launch are the Wii, psp, and ds. All were successful. You say that I went with obvious choices but back in 96, between PlayStation, Saturn, and N64 it wasn't so obvious. I still went with PlayStation. Snorenado told me for months and months that Wii was going to bomb and that I was stupid for buying a waggle machine at launch. People said the DS would be the end of Nintendo handhelds, that the company had lost their shit. I knew that while I preferred the psp that the ds would still mop up shop especially when they released an SP like revision. I was right.

Yup, I picked ps2 over the other systems. Lager chose Xbox. Bork thought PS3 was worth buying at launch.

In the long term I think Switch will do really well for Nintendo. With a new revision and price drop in two or so years, it's going to be even more popular.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1217 on: January 15, 2017, 01:15:09 AM »
As does Puyo Puyo Tetris, also originally a handheld game.

What are you talking about?  This game originally came out on the PS3/Wii U/Vita/3DS at the same time.

So far the Switch haters are off to a really good start on being wrong. In this case it was touted that the system is only advertised as a console because it only has console oritented games. Within hours that was proven wrong.

Who said this?  Also...why are you being such a Switch Stan all of a sudden?  It's like you don't even want to be remotely critical of anything.  It's OK to like and dislike stuff at the same time.  :doge

All of a sudden? Bork I think I said this in other threads but I have been wanting this concept (handheld that can be played at home on your tv instantly, same unit;etc) since at least 2010. I thought that with the way games and tech were going it was the obvious answer. This has been my dream system. It is everything I wanted Wii U to be. Even though I thought Wii U was cool and wanted one, I knew that it was going to be a dud because it didn't go all the way with the portable console concept.

I've been hyped for this for years. I've been following the rumors and the October announcement made me cream.

also according to my 3ds clock I have racked a solid 800 hours on the system. 300 of which are Animal Crossing.  I take it everywhere. I have maxed out foot steps at all times. If it's a Nintendo handheld I will stan.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1218 on: January 15, 2017, 01:27:01 AM »
I dont know what your point is Himu I buy consoles I want not consoles that i think will be succesful, Im just saying PS4 launch lineup is better and bigger for the public

spoiler (click to show/hide)
and btw I didnt buy a ps4 till a year in with the destiny bundle

and i bought a ps2 before the xbox with the ffx bundle then after that didnt live up to my hopes I sold it and got an xbox bundle with halo and midtown madness :rock didnt get a cube until zelda came out

also got the saturn over ps1 and xbox 360 over ps3 (even though in both gens I ended up with every console

Wii U is the first console i havent owned since the 90s
[close]

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 01:34:28 AM by Premium Lager »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1219 on: January 15, 2017, 01:45:13 AM »
Bork thought PS3 was worth buying at launch.

Bork bought all three systems at launch during the last generation.  (Bork also got paid to write reviews for the games.  Bork thought that was pretty cool.) Bork also did not say that he thought it was worth buying at launch, what Bork said was
Now, personally?  I'd take Zelda BoTW over all those games, and I'm not even much of a Zelda fan.  But there's no question as to which system has the better launch in terms of support.

That said, much like how Zelda is a 'last-gen' port, all the games you bolded also came out on the PS3/360, as did a lot of the other games on that list.

Bork I think I said this in other threads but I have been wanting this concept (handheld that can be played at home on your tv instantly, same unit;etc) since at least 2010.

So then you should have been all over the PSP 2000/3000/Go then...because it did just that. 

You should also check out the GPD WIN.  Portable pocket PC that easily connects to any TV or monitor...and you can also use any USB or bluetooth controllers with it.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1220 on: January 15, 2017, 01:49:47 AM »
To be fair though, no PS system has a good launch line up. It always gets going a year or two in.

I would agree with this, except that the Vita had an awesome launch:

Escape Plan
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Hustle Kings (PSN Only)
Little Deviants
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
Super StarDust Delta (PSN only)
UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss
wipEout 2048
Army Corps of Hell
Asphalt Injection
BEN10 GALACTIC RACING
Blazblue: Continuum Shift EXTEND
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Dynasty Warriors Next
F1 2011
EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Michael Jackson The Experience
Plants vs. Zombies (PSN Only)
Rayman Origins
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
Tales of Space: Mutant Blobs
Touch My Katamari
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition

I bolded the games that I would say were worth a damn.  I was actually pretty happy with the PSP launch, too, come to think of it.  Sony had a good portable launch track record.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 02:05:15 AM by bork pls »
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1221 on: January 15, 2017, 01:54:15 AM »
PSP launch was the amazing.

Anyways lyte...i'll give you an in depth post.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1222 on: January 15, 2017, 02:05:22 AM »
If we're just talking general launches and outcomes, to me it was like this:

-Nintendo launches were sparse but almost always had that one big game that made people flock to the system.  The system would ultimately become a dust magnet that people would play every now and then when another "big" Nintendo title hit.  For all the sales the Wii got, nobody gave a shit about it pretty quickly.  It became a shovelware machine.

-Microsoft launches had solid line-ups and they'd have the best versions of multi-plat games (this changed with the XBone), but ultimately would fall short in first-party offerings outside a small number of titles and things would start to fizzle out by the end.

-Sony (console) launches sucked and it would take them time, but they would ultimately end up with the largest amount of games worth playing and would always offer more support for their consoles for a much longer period of time than the competition.  After 2004, it largely felt like the XBox and Game Cube were 'dead', but the PS2 kept on going strong.

My stance on the switch?  I want it to be successful.  Sony is out of the handheld game now so it's just Nintendo again.  I want to see all the developers making games for the 3DS and Vita (I.E., Japan) releasing all their games on the Switch.  I want to see more western devs jump on board and release games too.  But ultimately, I don't think this is going to happen.  I do think it's going to do better than the Wii U, because it's essentially replacing two platforms (possibly three if my Vita dev prediction happens) this time around.  That also means it should get the heavy hitters Nintendo formerly kept only on their handhelds, like Pokemon, but that high price is going to keep it down.  I think we can bank on seeing a lower-priced unit without the dock, and whatever else can be left out to keep costs down, down the road. 

But that's just games.  I'm reading stuff like the Switch has no web browser and wondering what the fuck is wrong with Nintendo.  Where is a browser?  Where is Hulu/Netflix/whatever?  I'm sure there's a lot of parents out there would happily fork over $299 for a capable Switch that can do browsing/streaming/gaming and work like a low-priced tablet over a higher-priced iPad.

...Although on the flip side of that, the Switch has games that cost as much as $59.99 versus all those free/f2p/cheap as hell mobile titles.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 02:12:15 AM by bork pls »
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1223 on: January 15, 2017, 02:11:20 AM »

But that's just games.  I'm reading stuff like the Switch has no web browser and wondering what the fuck is wrong with Nintendo.  Where is a browser?  Where is Hulu/Netflix/whatever?  I'm sure there's a lot of parents out there would happily fork over $299 for a capable Switch that can do browsing/streaming/gaming and work like a low-priced tablet over a higher-priced iPad.

Hahahaha This system just gets worse and worse. I really hope this is the last Nintendo console.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1224 on: January 15, 2017, 02:12:39 AM »
Wait what switch doesnt have a browser and netflix etc?  lmaoooo

Please tell me Nintendo at leasts understands they are competing with tablets

This is so funny Nintendo is truly distinguished mentally-challenged and out of touch its amazing

Himu

« Reply #1225 on: January 15, 2017, 02:16:30 AM »
Reasons I think the Switch will succeed:

1. The concept. I have been drooling about this concept since I thought about such wonders in the late 2000's. I think the concept is amazing and can't wait to get use of it Imagine going to a party and bringing your own Switch and people play drunk 1, 2, Switch? People say motion controls are dead, but I think the new tech from Switch (hd rumble, the joycon grip;etc) will give it some juice. People loved the Wii back then, and I think this is even better/more practical in our tablet/smart phone world.

2. The messaging. I used to work in advertising and I think the messaging here is fantastic. They have sold the concept as what it is, what it can, and everything very, very well. One of the things that made it obvious that the Wii U was in trouble was the bad messaging: "was it a new system? is it an upgrade wii? What's U?" I just didn't get anywhere from the start and Nintendo's advertising was never on the ball. It was also advertised as a kids toy first and foremost, while the Switch is advertised as a family/friend thing among all ages just like with the Wii.

3. The games. They cover a wide variety. You've got 1,2 Switch for casuals (this should be packed into the system I have no idea what they're thinking), Zelda for the hardcore, Splatoon for the softcore, Mario Kart, Pokemon in the future, b-games like Bomberman (hopefully it doesn't suck konami plz). You've got niche jrpg franchises. Another positive is that the pricing is scaled and not everything at retail costs 60 bones.

4. It just looks like a socially fun system. It looks FUN. That video you downplayed about the random guy who doesn't care about video games has it right. At the end he summarizes the system as something simply fun and social and less of a basement dweller thing where you play online by yourself in an isolated state like with PS4/X1. The fact you can take this with you is the icing on the cake.

Concerns that I have:

1. Pricing. If say Papa Game Fan and Little Game Fan both want a Switch either they're going to have to share it (a no no for handhelds) or buy two units. This is particularly worrying for Japan. In Japan the original 3ds sold at ¥25,000. The Switch is about an area of 29,000 Yen. The 3ds struggled in Japan and abroad until a price drop later that year. I think Nintendo has that covered though because they've STRONGLY hinted at a handheld only version of the Switch down the line. I think Andy's idea of a revision is extremely possible. I think that once the system hits the $200 dollar and 19,000 Yen range it will really start to take off and let's be honest, that kind of revision is only inevitable.

2. Online service. I'm glad that Nintendo is offering their online for free before they require you to pay for it in the fall. But whether or not it'll be good is to be decided. Here's hoping. I'm more worried about the communities aspect. I think Miiverse for instance should be more streamlined and easier to access, but then again that's coming from my experience on the 3ds and not the Wii U.

3. Price gouging and overpriced accessories. Nuff said.

Basically, price is my main concern, but I think that Nintendo will have no choice but to lower it when the sales start to dip eventually, which is inevitable, even at a loss. Would it be a loss if they sold it at 200-250? Who knows, but I think they'll do it anyways. I'm expecting a price drop within a year and a half of release.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1226 on: January 15, 2017, 02:17:01 AM »
They didn't say anything about web or streaming apps over the last few days.  I also didn't like how quiet they were about the online service. 

Here's that Switch menu pic Andrex posted.  I don't see a browser icon.

This makes no sense.  The freaking DS had a browser.  The 3DS even has some streaming apps.  And off course the Wii U has this stuff, too.  The successor doesn't?
:crazy

I just hope this is a case of them just not talking about it...but that also doesn't make sense with the system less than two months away from release.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1227 on: January 15, 2017, 02:17:22 AM »

Hahahaha This system just gets worse and worse. I really hope this is the last Nintendo console.

This is why I want this to succeed so badly. Just to see people like you who want it to fail cry.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1228 on: January 15, 2017, 02:17:55 AM »
If true Nintendo is basically asking parents to give them a tablet instead

Himu

« Reply #1229 on: January 15, 2017, 02:19:38 AM »

So then you should have been all over the PSP 2000/3000/Go then...because it did just that. 

Psp 2000 was amazing but no. It's just not the same. The seamlessness of the Switch is more amazing and what I was thinking.
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1230 on: January 15, 2017, 02:22:14 AM »
Yeah that amazing library of the same shit Nintendo has been putting out forever is really going to reel people in over games people actually give a shit about.

This is why I want this to succeed so badly. Just to see people like you who want it to fail cry.
It's success really won't affect me. Any game worth a damn will be on the PS4. Save the tiny few that Nintendo decides to shit out that I'd care about.

Himu

« Reply #1231 on: January 15, 2017, 02:24:13 AM »

:rejoice
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1232 on: January 15, 2017, 02:24:48 AM »
They didn't say anything about web or streaming apps over the last few days.  I also didn't like how quiet they were about the online service. 

(Image removed from quote.)

This makes no sense.  The freaking DS had a browser.  The 3DS even has some streaming apps.  And off course the Wii U has this stuff, too.  The successor doesn't?

I just hope this is a case of them just not talking about it...but that also doesn't make sense with the system less than two months away from release.
Why would you need a browser?

You can just use it on your phone or other app device!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1233 on: January 15, 2017, 02:26:32 AM »
Reasons I think the Switch will succeed:

1. The concept. I have been drooling about this concept since I thought about such wonders in the late 2000's. I think the concept is amazing and can't wait to get use of it Imagine going to a party and bringing your own Switch and people play drunk 1, 2, Switch? People say motion controls are dead, but I think the new tech from Switch (hd rumble, the joycon grip;etc) will give it some juice. People loved the Wii back then, and I think this is even better/more practical in our tablet/smart phone world.

Waggle was a fad.  Nobody cares anymore.  I was very surprised that they went back to this, and I also can't help but think the system could have been priced a lot lower without that HD rumble stuff in the joycons.

2. The messaging. I used to work in advertising and I think the messaging here is fantastic. They have sold the concept as what it is, what it can, and everything very, very well. One of the things that made it obvious that the Wii U was in trouble was the bad messaging: "was it a new system? is it an upgrade wii? What's U?" I just didn't get anywhere from the start and Nintendo's advertising was never on the ball. It was also advertised as a kids toy first and foremost, while the Switch is advertised as a family/friend thing among all ages just like with the Wii.

Why would anyone care about this when they have all the various social media platforms on their phones already?

3. The games. They cover a wide variety. You've got 1,2 Switch for casuals (this should be packed into the system I have no idea what they're thinking), Zelda for the hardcore, Splatoon for the softcore, Mario Kart, Pokemon in the future, b-games like Bomberman (hopefully it doesn't suck konami plz). You've got niche jrpg franchises. Another positive is that the pricing is scaled and not everything at retail costs 60 bones.

It has next to no western dev support.  Where's all the sports games?  We just saw FIFA and NBA 2K get announced.  Where's all the FPS games?  Where's GTA?  Where's a MOBA? 

4. It just looks like a socially fun system. It looks FUN. That video you downplayed about the random guy who doesn't care about video games has it right. At the end he summarizes the system as something simply fun and social and less of a basement dweller thing where you play online by yourself in an isolated state like with PS4/X1. The fact you can take this with you is the icing on the cake.

It's just too bad that society has largely shifted away from the local multiplayer concept.  BTW...the Joycon thing reminds me of Nintendo's old LCD games.  They had games like Donkey Kong 3 that had two controllers attached and they stored inside the handheld.  Total throwback.  I love stuff like this.  :)

2. Online service. I'm glad that Nintendo is offering their online for free before they require you to pay for it in the fall. But whether or not it'll be good is to be decided. Here's hoping. I'm more worried about the communities aspect. I think Miiverse for instance should be more streamlined and easier to access, but then again that's coming from my experience on the 3ds and not the Wii U.

I find it odd that people are complaining about having to pay for it.  I mean, free sure as hell is better, of course...but you have to pay for every other service so it's not out of the ordinary.  Whether or not this is WORTH paying for is another story, though.

And you don't have to worry about Miiverse because the Switch won't have it.  :doge
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1234 on: January 15, 2017, 02:27:47 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Why would you need a browser?

You can just use it on your phone or other app device!

The sad thing is that this would probably be their answer.  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1235 on: January 15, 2017, 02:29:09 AM »

Not sure which one of these posts is more cringe-worthy.  :doge
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #1236 on: January 15, 2017, 02:29:21 AM »
I'm really glad Nintendo is ditching all their shitty gimmicky apps and making this thing just focus on games tbh. Totally fine with no browser. Everything has a fucking browser these days, who cares. And thank god they won't be making more shit like Wii U Street View or TVii or Everybody Votes Channel. I don't need this shit cluttering up my home menu, dawg.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1237 on: January 15, 2017, 02:32:49 AM »
I'm really glad Nintendo is ditching all their shitty gimmicky apps and making this thing just focus on games tbh. Totally fine with no browser. Everything has a fucking browser these days, who cares.

Who cares?  What Lager said:

They have something that could potentially cut into tablet sales, and they're not taking advantage of it.  That is DUMB.  And why would you not want streaming services? I'd love to have an all-in-one entertainment device hooked up to the TV that I could take with me.

Psp 2000 was amazing but no. It's just not the same. The seamlessness of the Switch is more amazing and what I was thinking.

If by "not the same" you mean "plugging in a TV cable" versus "putting it into a dock," sure.  :doge 

With the PSP Go, you even had a dock and could use a PS3 controller to play games.
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1238 on: January 15, 2017, 02:33:05 AM »
Yeah I did'nt quite understand that diverse comment lineup. It lacks plenty of genres, but also plenty of types of experiences that are outside of the general Nintendo type. Nothing they showed said "hey if you're not a Nintendo faithful, we got you covered".

That is their big failure.

And in general, I think taste have changed. I think things have become segmented. People have ipads and their phone for quick casual games and they aren't looking to play those on their tv. When they get home they want an actual console experince. When they leave they'll take the phone.

I also think casual games on the console have actually moved to be your more competitive type. Something like Rocket League. Or something more expressive. Like Minecraft.

Being in-between, but not 100% is not what I think people want.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 02:37:23 AM by Rahxephon91 »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1239 on: January 15, 2017, 02:34:41 AM »
Yeah I did'nt quite understand that diverse comment lineup. It lacks plenty of genres, but also plenty of types of experiences that are outside of the general Nintendo type.

There's less announced for the Switch than what the Wii U even got.  Wii U launched with the likes of Call Of Duty, Mass Effect, Batman, etc.  Nowhere to be found here.

Nothing they showed said "hey if you're not a Nintendo faithful, we got you covered".

That is their big failure.

Absolutely.  I thought things were going to be different with this system after how badly the Wii U did.  I'm not seeing it in that sense.  And it sucks.  I don't want this thing to be a failure.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1240 on: January 15, 2017, 02:34:47 AM »
kinda tired of arguing tbh. I think it looks great and has a lot of potential. Nothing will change our minds. Just have to see it play out. Getting it day one with Zelda and Bombaman.

Arms looks great via the Treehouse stream.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #1241 on: January 15, 2017, 02:36:06 AM »
Going back to the days when game systems just played games :aah

Modern gaming :piss2

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1242 on: January 15, 2017, 02:37:52 AM »
kinda tired of arguing tbh.

Yeah, we had a good run there.  No need to keep going on and on.  We can talk more when there's more to discuss.  :)  Also I saw FB.  Oscar needs to come back here as does TheTrin.  :doge

The good ol' days
:rejoice
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1243 on: January 15, 2017, 02:37:52 AM »

have you ever watched netflix on your 3ds? :aah

I have so many devices that play Netflix. Why would I care if this has netflix or not? That said, I hope there's a storefront so you can dl apps that you want.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1244 on: January 15, 2017, 02:39:01 AM »
Tell me Arms doesn't look hype, Bork.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1245 on: January 15, 2017, 02:39:29 AM »

I have so many devices that play Netflix. Why would I care if this has netflix or not?

Because:

I'm really glad Nintendo is ditching all their shitty gimmicky apps and making this thing just focus on games tbh. Totally fine with no browser. Everything has a fucking browser these days, who cares.

Who cares?  What Lager said:

They have something that could potentially cut into tablet sales, and they're not taking advantage of it.  That is DUMB.  And why would you not want streaming services? I'd love to have an all-in-one entertainment device hooked up to the TV that I could take with me.
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1246 on: January 15, 2017, 02:40:25 AM »
PS4 has been marketed and sold as a game first system. It's a part(not all obviously) why it's been successful.

People have fifty million things that all do the same thing, but I bet you they expect another of those things to do them as well. It's just the standard now.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1247 on: January 15, 2017, 02:40:27 AM »

Seriously?  It doesn't look hype, Queen.  It looks like a waggle fest.  I need to see more of it but I don't care.  It's like a poor man's waggle Gundam Vs. Gundam or something.

I was really hoping that Tekken 7 was gonna be released for this thing. 
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1248 on: January 15, 2017, 02:41:58 AM »

Seriously?  It doesn't look hype, Queen.  It looks like a waggle fest.  I need to see more of it but I don't care.  It's like a poor man's waggle Gundam Vs. Gundam or something.

Waggle is optional. :doge
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1249 on: January 15, 2017, 02:43:09 AM »

have you ever watched netflix on your 3ds? :aah

I have so many devices that play Netflix. Why would I care if this has netflix or not? That said, I hope there's a storefront so you can dl apps that you want.
No but plenty of parents bought their children ipad mini 2's because it played netflix, youtube, and had a browser. The Switch is competing with those and also competing with the PS4 and Xbone.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1250 on: January 15, 2017, 02:45:31 AM »

Waggle is optional. :doge

I know it is.
:picard
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #1251 on: January 15, 2017, 02:45:35 AM »
Kids already have smart devices. They don't need another device than can do the same shit but worse.

I'm sure if I asked my niece why she likes her 2DS, "Netflix" wouldn't be in the top 30 things.

I dunno, I don't see it as a big stumbling block towards sales, and for me personally I think it's a lovely direction to go in. (Then again, I am a minimalist.)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1252 on: January 15, 2017, 02:48:23 AM »
Kids already have smart devices. They don't need another device than can do the same shit but worse.

Well, why do they need a Switch, then?  :doge

I'm sure if I asked my niece why she likes her 2DS, "Netflix" wouldn't be in the top 30 things.

Come on.  You obviously wouldn't care much about watching streaming video on a dinky little sub-HD low-res screen.  The Switch has a larger HD screen and you can also watch it on a TV.

I dunno, I don't see it as a big stumbling block towards sales, and for me personally I think it's a lovely direction to go in. (Then again, I am a minimalist.)

This is just standard features that are missing, and it's kind of baffling.  Again, I hope it's just a case of them not talking about it and a browser and all that other shit will be on the eShop if you want it.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1253 on: January 15, 2017, 02:49:05 AM »
Himu and Rahx had to turn this thread into console wars  :goty2

Correction. Switch haters turned it into console wars. We just had to rebut in response.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #1254 on: January 15, 2017, 02:52:22 AM »

Nintendo games? As has always been the case?

This is asinine.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1255 on: January 15, 2017, 02:53:45 AM »
I just really hate Nintendo and Nintendo's fans. Too bad Xenblade is a Nintendo property.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1256 on: January 15, 2017, 02:53:52 AM »

This is asinine.

But Nintendo is now making games on iOS/Android.
:umad
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #1257 on: January 15, 2017, 02:54:27 AM »

This is asinine.

OK. You play Mario Run and I'll play Mario Odyssey. :ufup

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1258 on: January 15, 2017, 02:54:33 AM »
I just really hate Nintendo and Nintendo's fans. Too bad Xenblade is a Nintendo property.

No Andrex...this is asinine.  :doge
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1259 on: January 15, 2017, 02:55:13 AM »

This is asinine.

OK. You play Mario Run and I'll play Mario Odyssey. :ufup

I'm not talking about myself.
:facepalm

I take it back...Rahx is right.  :doge
ど助平