Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 948051 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #1500 on: January 19, 2017, 02:00:28 AM »
Like on one hand the phone app is a cool idea but honestly its worst possible way of doing online.

Drain your phone battery while playing a home console or worse on the go...

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1501 on: January 19, 2017, 03:50:27 AM »
Im just thinking about this phone thing..

So when you are playing your phone has to be on you at all times, thats so fucking stupid. You'll have your pad to play and then your phone on your lap or couch with a wire running to it  :lol

What if you get a text or need to check something while playing?

Will the game audio also be streamed to the phone? Or will that still go over the speakers? The audio has to be streamed to the phone too otherwise this whole setup is useless.

Also soooo dumb of Nintendo to make it an app that they will have to support now for 5 years (think of the overhead) across a gazillion versions of Android and iOS.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 03:56:27 AM by Premium Lager »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1502 on: January 19, 2017, 04:29:43 AM »
Yeah, it's not like I'm ever going to play a Nintendo game online but still, for the people who do...maybe they should buy a PS4

I mean that's what it really comes down to: If you're an online person or just a person with a brain ( :doge ) why would you buy the Nintendo console in the year of our lord: 2017? Because... I mean... :comeon ?

« Reply #1503 on: January 19, 2017, 04:31:25 AM »
the more people give reasons as to why the app thing is such a terrible idea the better it seems tbh.

'but kids don't have phones! how will they chat online?'

well, when you put it like that ... yeah.

'but what about your phone battery???'

oh right - the phone is sharing the switch's battery load. huh.
ǚ

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1504 on: January 19, 2017, 04:41:59 AM »

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1505 on: January 19, 2017, 05:41:37 AM »
Like on one hand the phone app is a cool idea but honestly its worst possible way of doing online.

Drain your phone battery while playing a home console or worse on the go...

It's a cool idea if it's an additional / complementary method. Not the ONLY one. But it's OK just give it another gen and they'll figure it out.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1507 on: January 19, 2017, 08:05:34 AM »
Bomberman is a full price title  :lol

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-19-super-bomberman-r-for-nintendo-switch-costs-50-not-60-konami-says
And on the Bombcast, Gerstman briefly saw a F2P-esque pop-up asking if you want to spend coins to revive. :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1508 on: January 19, 2017, 08:07:47 AM »
Bomberman is a full price title  :lol

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-19-super-bomberman-r-for-nintendo-switch-costs-50-not-60-konami-says
And on the Bombcast, Gerstman briefly saw a F2P-esque pop-up asking if you want to spend coins to revive. :doge

Wow.  #Fuckonami in full-effect here. 
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1509 on: January 19, 2017, 08:10:32 AM »
Also, it apparently runs badly. But that could be rectified by the time it releases.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:50:51 AM by Rufus »

daycru

« Reply #1510 on: January 19, 2017, 08:22:55 AM »
I had no issue with Wii U and feel that I more than got my money's worth out of it. I already had four Wii remotes and a couple of classic controllers, so all I had to buy was Pro controller and a couple of motion plus adapters to have five player gaming. It came with a Gamepad and I I'd think 99% of Wii U owners already had a couple of Wii remotes, so you're talking most people having three controllers out of the box.

Here is my major concern with the Switch. $70 to have access to a d-pad on a console where they're going to be selling a bunch of 2D platformers is nuts. The "multiplayer anywhere!" thing falls apart when you have to hand someone that right joycon where the stick is in the m.i.d.d.l.e. of the damn controller. I could maybe see playing something like Mario Party with this thing, but I'd never use either joycon for Mario Kart or anything. So then you're talking $280 on controllers if you want everyone to be able to play Mario Kart competently. And it's not even a new Mario Kart, it's the same damn Mario Kart I've been playing for three years, except it's going to kill the userbase on Wii U. And the thing I really care about, 60 FPS in three-four player splitscreen, isn't even there. So Nintendo wants $700~ to play an old game with a resolution bump, battle mode, and a handful of new characters I don't care about because I always race with my Mii.

So they've really turned off the daycru demographic, who would pre-order the Nintendo Shit if they promised an HD re-make of the SNES ghost house track.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1511 on: January 19, 2017, 08:44:14 AM »
Well, I guess Bomberman is off the list for now.  Really makes me wonder if I should just cancel my pre-order again and look into seeing where things are in the fall.

I had no issue with Wii U and feel that I more than got my money's worth out of it. I already had four Wii remotes and a couple of classic controllers, so all I had to buy was Pro controller and a couple of motion plus adapters to have five player gaming. It came with a Gamepad and I I'd think 99% of Wii U owners already had a couple of Wii remotes, so you're talking most people having three controllers out of the box.

Here is my major concern with the Switch. $70 to have access to a d-pad on a console where they're going to be selling a bunch of 2D platformers is nuts. The "multiplayer anywhere!" thing falls apart when you have to hand someone that right joycon where the stick is in the m.i.d.d.l.e. of the damn controller. I could maybe see playing something like Mario Party with this thing, but I'd never use either joycon for Mario Kart or anything. So then you're talking $280 on controllers if you want everyone to be able to play Mario Kart competently. And it's not even a new Mario Kart, it's the same damn Mario Kart I've been playing for three years, except it's going to kill the userbase on Wii U. And the thing I really care about, 60 FPS in three-four player splitscreen, isn't even there. So Nintendo wants $700~ to play an old game with a resolution bump, battle mode, and a handful of new characters I don't care about because I always race with my Mii.

So they've really turned off the daycru demographic, who would pre-order the Nintendo Shit if they promised an HD re-make of the SNES ghost house track.

I don't remember seeing anyone saying that using the little joycon controllers by themselves was uncomfortable, though.  So you should be able to get by with just two controllers and using them split for four people.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #1512 on: January 19, 2017, 09:12:48 AM »
Here is my major concern with the Switch. $70 to have access to a d-pad on a console where they're going to be selling a bunch of 2D platformers is nuts. The "multiplayer anywhere!" thing falls apart when you have to hand someone that right joycon where the stick is in the m.i.d.d.l.e. of the damn controller. I could maybe see playing something like Mario Party with this thing, but I'd never use either joycon for Mario Kart or anything. So then you're talking $280 on controllers if you want everyone to be able to play Mario Kart competently. And it's not even a new Mario Kart, it's the same damn Mario Kart I've been playing for three years, except it's going to kill the userbase on Wii U. And the thing I really care about, 60 FPS in three-four player splitscreen, isn't even there. So Nintendo wants $700~ to play an old game

I always race with my Mii.

:kobeyuck

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1513 on: January 19, 2017, 09:16:33 AM »
All those years of hardcore gamers telling Nintendo to just make apps, now they whining like a virgin on an eight inch cock. (Image removed from quote.)

Sounds like many of my ex's...
^_^

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1514 on: January 19, 2017, 10:09:24 AM »
Did anyone find anything about how audio will be handled?

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1515 on: January 19, 2017, 10:23:43 AM »
Whatcha mean?  Audio as in voice chat or audio as in, in-game audio?
püp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1516 on: January 19, 2017, 10:34:44 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if the app is nothing more than a friend list and chat room
pcp

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1517 on: January 19, 2017, 10:39:11 AM »
Just think of it as Nintendo bringing the VMU back. Maybe Sonic Boom Switch will let you raise a chao on your phone.
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #1518 on: January 19, 2017, 01:38:54 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1519 on: January 19, 2017, 01:53:50 PM »
https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/822140483279286272

Hnnng this is such a good UI :lawd

"Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!"

Kind of like Nicalis' game releases.  Where is Legend Of Raven? :punch
ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1520 on: January 19, 2017, 02:17:20 PM »
UI looks good!

Whatcha mean?  Audio as in voice chat or audio as in, in-game audio?

in game audio

Tasty

« Reply #1521 on: January 19, 2017, 02:41:25 PM »
https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/822140483279286272

Hnnng this is such a good UI :lawd

"Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!"

Kind of like Nicalis' game releases.  Where is Legend Of Raven? :punch

:lol Nintendo Ninjas must have gotten to him about posting shots of devkits/pre-release UI. :lol

Here's the image:

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #1522 on: January 19, 2017, 04:30:54 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if the app is nothing more than a friend list and chat room

I'm thinking press a button on the phone app to generate a 26 digit code. Send that code to all of your friends you want to have a game of multiplayer with. Everyone types the code into their switch to join the lobby. Wait for everyone to join and the round of multiplayer begins
WDW

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1523 on: January 20, 2017, 07:21:47 AM »
Will online stores be region-free or just cartridges?

The Nintendo Switch system is not region locked, but we recommend that players buy games within their region to ensure full service and support. The user will access the Nintendo eShop that corresponds to the country identified in their Nintendo Account. (Up to eight user accounts can be created on a single Nintendo Switch system.)

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2017/01/20/nintendo-switch-will-let-8-accounts-country-based-eshop/#0XJgRGh3LHHEr9AZ.99

I'd like to know if this means that you can make accounts for different regions/eShops or if this means that buying a U.S. Switch means U.S. eShop only.
ど助平

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #1524 on: January 20, 2017, 07:25:36 AM »
Do you know what I like even more than a new mainline game in my favorite series?

A spinoff Dynasty Warriors game

"HEY SHO NUFF WOULD YOU LIKE A NEW DAYTONA?"
 :dunno
"HOW ABOUT....DAYTONA DYNASTY WARRIORS"
 :rejoice

I sort of would like an Outrun Warriors game where I could play as Flag Man
itm

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1525 on: January 20, 2017, 04:02:50 PM »
Kohler sums up why Switch seems such a good fit for me:

https://www.wired.com/2017/01/nintendo-switch-analysis/
^_^

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1526 on: January 20, 2017, 05:08:34 PM »
Seems like same ol Nintendo

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1527 on: January 20, 2017, 05:21:02 PM »
Seems like same ol Nintendo

.... doubling down on a hardcore audience is nintendos m.o., huh?
pcp

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1528 on: January 20, 2017, 05:27:16 PM »
doubling down on nintendo fans you mean

nothing about the switch is for hardcore gamers, its meant for people like Tasty that will all due respect want to spend 60 bucks on a re release of mario kart 8 or people like brandnew that will sell their entire wii u collection to play zelda that will also be out on the wii u

not having a proper online system or any major online game doesnt scream hardcore...

its not even the place for jrpgs or quirky japanese stuff, thats ps4

so yeah its the typical nintendobox weve been getting since the gcn

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1529 on: January 20, 2017, 05:48:05 PM »
ds, wii, 3ds, and wii u were all designed to appeal to people who didn't normally play games so what the fuck are you taking about
pcp

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #1530 on: January 20, 2017, 07:28:28 PM »
Kohler sums up why Switch seems such a good fit for me:

https://www.wired.com/2017/01/nintendo-switch-analysis/
Still sad that Wired shitcanned him. I really liked his perspective on Nintendo.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #1531 on: January 20, 2017, 07:29:29 PM »
ds 3ds wii u were all designed to appeal to people who didn't normally play games

hmmmm

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1532 on: January 20, 2017, 10:26:06 PM »
I get what he's saying.

Outside of DS and Wii, the 3DS and Wii U collapsed hard in terms of mainstream success. 3DS is still a "semi"-success but the Wii U crashed and burned. Nintendo doubling down on appealing to hardcore Nintendo fans isn't going to convince folks that buy a PS4 or X-box to get a Switch. Console mode-wise. The handheld offerings is what remains to be seen, but the handheld market has bust in the west, so I'm doubtful on that front.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1533 on: January 20, 2017, 11:48:37 PM »
The Switch isn't a desperate attempt to cash in on zeitgeist fads like the 3DS and Wii U did so there is an advantage there.  I doubt it will translate to much but I don't see it doing worse than the Wii U.  If it sells 15-20 million units overall, Nintendo should consider themselves fortunate.
🍆🍆

Tasty

« Reply #1534 on: January 21, 2017, 02:13:20 AM »
Just realized that not only is MK8 DX bringing back proper battle mode, but it's also bringing back double hold items. So much better!

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1535 on: January 21, 2017, 10:31:32 AM »
But 60 dollars better?  :-\

Actually I can see why they charged it full price.  It's basically the original MK8 game which could have been sold at like 30 bucks.  Plus all the DLC included, so tack on another 15 or so.  Then battle mode, new characters, and two items?  I guess 60 makes sense.

Just a tough pill to swallow for someone (ie me) who already sunk over 80 bucks into that fucking game.
püp

Tasty

« Reply #1536 on: January 21, 2017, 08:33:30 PM »

Five battle modes confirmed.

Shine Runners/Shine Thief – Coin Rush – Balloon Battle – Bob-omb Blast – New Piranha Plant mode

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1537 on: January 22, 2017, 01:13:27 AM »
But 60 dollars better?  :-\

Actually I can see why they charged it full price.  It's basically the original MK8 game which could have been sold at like 30 bucks.  Plus all the DLC included, so tack on another 15 or so.  Then battle mode, new characters, and two items?  I guess 60 makes sense.

Just a tough pill to swallow for someone (ie me) who already sunk over 80 bucks into that fucking game.

Like a rape victim who feels guilty that she didn't say 'no' enough.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #1539 on: January 27, 2017, 01:41:12 PM »
Amazon had the neon up just now.  Was sold out in less than 5 mins, didn't manage to get one in time.  :-\

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1540 on: January 27, 2017, 02:01:32 PM »
I've got all the U.S. stuff I want pre-ordered now, but I'm still waiting for Play-Asia to open up pre-orders.  Would like to import Dragon Quest Heroes I&II and Puyo Puyo Tetris.  Might just go digital on them though.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1542 on: February 01, 2017, 12:23:15 PM »
https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/826841955111890944

1) Just in: Nintendo president Kimishima tells the Nikkei Switch's online service will be priced at 2-3,000 yen ($17.50 - $26.50) *YEARLY*.

2) Kimishima says the yearly fees make it easier for Nintendo to support online features such as multiplayer or downloads of classic games.

3) He says Nintendo currently "studies" VR + will add VR to Switch once they figure out how users can play for hours without problems. /end
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #1543 on: February 01, 2017, 12:30:25 PM »
That's not too bad.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1544 on: February 01, 2017, 12:46:01 PM »
yeah that's not bad at all. of course that has me thinking this will be about the same service as the wii u had but this time we pay for it. now they just gotta work out the free game thing and i'll be in to pay.

vr is whatever, still no interest.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1545 on: February 01, 2017, 01:40:35 PM »
VR might be low-cost for them...they could do it smartphone-style, I suppose. 

They could call it...Virtual Boy.
:heh
ど助平

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1546 on: February 01, 2017, 04:41:09 PM »
©ZH

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1547 on: February 01, 2017, 04:49:14 PM »
30 bucks a year for nothing

ninendo fans: not bad

its like a seinfeld episode

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1548 on: February 01, 2017, 04:54:00 PM »
ど助平

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1549 on: February 01, 2017, 06:11:09 PM »
30 bucks a year for nothing

ninendo fans: not bad

its like a seinfeld episode

I honestly expected them to charge more (like 40$) for the same nothing so :yeshrug
They're not totally out of touch.
ὕβρις

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #1550 on: February 01, 2017, 09:09:38 PM »
WDW

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #1551 on: February 01, 2017, 09:29:51 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1552 on: February 02, 2017, 08:16:13 AM »
I wish I had the video-editing skills to be able to replace the Splatoon footage with recent Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash footage.  :doge
ど助平

Raist

« Reply #1553 on: February 02, 2017, 10:39:27 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Breaking: Nintendo's successor to the 3DS leaked:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #1555 on: February 07, 2017, 09:28:41 AM »
Nintendo marketing is firing on all millennial cylinders, lol.

It's the right strategy, tho.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1556 on: February 07, 2017, 08:19:38 PM »

1) Just in: Nintendo president Kimishima tells the Nikkei Switch's online service will be priced at 2-3,000 yen ($17.50 - $26.50) *YEARLY*.

2) Kimishima says the yearly fees make it easier for Nintendo to support online features such as multiplayer or downloads of classic games.

3) He says Nintendo currently "studies" VR + will add VR to Switch once they figure out how users can play for hours without problems. /end

VR needs a decent graphics card no?  With nintendo I'm bettering you'd get two 240p screens an inch from your eyes. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 03:30:45 PM by TheInfelicitousDandy »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1557 on: February 07, 2017, 11:00:31 PM »

VR needs a decent graphics card no?  With nintendo I'm bettering you'd get two 240p screens an in inch from your eyes.

Like I said earlier...my guess would be that they treat it like how VR works with mobile phones.  Slot in the Switch into a visor-thing and use the joy cons in each hand.  Virtual Boy 2.0.
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #1558 on: February 08, 2017, 07:06:08 AM »

Nintendo won.

Raist

« Reply #1559 on: February 08, 2017, 07:14:42 AM »
And in terms of the Internet browser, since all of our efforts have gone toward making Switch an amazing dedicated video game platform, it will not support it, at least at launch.

http://time.com/4662446/nintendo-president-switch-interview/

:lol

Just launch the damn thing around fall with Zelda + SMO, you fools.