Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 947141 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #1680 on: March 02, 2017, 03:15:55 PM »
I Am Setsuna also has English available in the Japanese version, I.E. if you want a physical copy...import.
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1681 on: March 02, 2017, 06:23:24 PM »
Nintendo seems to be making a few smart decisions and looks like Zelda is legitimately a good game.  Still going to wait and see but I'm impressed that they're not fucking up as much as they did with the Wii U (they're still making a lot of fuck ups though).
🍆🍆

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1682 on: March 02, 2017, 06:29:04 PM »
eShop confirmed to be fully-region free!  You can access other region eShops and download and play games/DLC on another region account.  You can apparently even use U.S. credit cards on other regions (this works with Visa on the J-eShop on 3DS) and it will not only work fine, but even display the prices in dollars.  THAT is awesome.

Gonna download Puyo Puyo Tetris, Blaster Master, and Dragon Quest Heroes tomorrow!

I'll bet you that this is an oversight. The various countries' return policies alone should make Nintendo wary of a unified marketplace.

As a Japanese resident who will have a US Nintendo account on a Japanese Switch wanting US-EN games, I hope I'm wrong.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1683 on: March 02, 2017, 06:37:42 PM »
eShop confirmed to be fully-region free!  You can access other region eShops and download and play games/DLC on another region account.  You can apparently even use U.S. credit cards on other regions (this works with Visa on the J-eShop on 3DS) and it will not only work fine, but even display the prices in dollars.  THAT is awesome.

Gonna download Puyo Puyo Tetris, Blaster Master, and Dragon Quest Heroes tomorrow!

I'll bet you that this is an oversight. The various countries' return policies alone should make Nintendo wary of a unified marketplace.

As a Japanese resident who will have a US Nintendo account on a Japanese Switch wanting US-EN games, I hope I'm wrong.

It's not a unified marketplace, per say...it's just like how things are with PSN on PS3/PS4, only some credit cards will work on all the region stores.  You can also actually switch your region on a single account, however doing so will wipe out any funds you have for the region you're switching from, so making multiple accounts is the way to go.

Seems like a good bit of games will have multi-language, too.  I saw someone say it looks like Blaster Master will also run in English...which really makes me wonder why they are delaying its U.S. release until next week.
ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1684 on: March 02, 2017, 09:38:33 PM »

It's not a unified marketplace, per say...it's just like how things are with PSN on PS3/PS4, only some credit cards will work on all the region stores.  You can also actually switch your region on a single account, however doing so will wipe out any funds you have for the region you're switching from, so making multiple accounts is the way to go.

Seems like a good bit of games will have multi-language, too.  I saw someone say it looks like Blaster Master will also run in English...which really makes me wonder why they are delaying its U.S. release until next week.

I can't confirm, but this smells wrong. It's been a while since I set my US and JP accounts up for PSN, and I never added a credit card to either because SONY IS BAD AT SECURITY, having been überhacked TWICE. I used to get Mr Gundam Japanese PSN prepaids from the konbini, and I purchase my own US PSN credit on Amazon, as digital codes.

I'm seeing other people speculate that this feature will not be long-lived. Again: I hope I'm wrong.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1685 on: March 02, 2017, 10:31:05 PM »
You don't have to save your credit card with Nintendo transactions.  I always select the option to enter payment info each time when buying stuff on 3DS.
ど助平

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1687 on: March 03, 2017, 11:40:47 AM »
LOL, switch is available at just about every retailer right now in my area.  This thing bombed hard right out of the gate.
🍆🍆

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1688 on: March 03, 2017, 12:15:41 PM »
LOL, switch is available at just about every retailer right now in my area.  This thing bombed hard right out of the gate.

Thing was sold out almost immediately at mine.  Anecdotes!  ::)
püp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1689 on: March 03, 2017, 12:43:45 PM »
 :goldberg
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1690 on: March 03, 2017, 01:01:30 PM »
So I'm being told I shouldn't even bother playing Zelda until I have the Pro controller as the normal switch controller sucks for real gaming.  But Pro controller is sold out everywhere and who knows how long until can get one.  :|

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1691 on: March 03, 2017, 01:04:58 PM »
Yeah the grip is not great.  But the controller's separately or on the system are fine.

I got a Pro controller and it is a fantastic controller
püp

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1692 on: March 03, 2017, 01:26:28 PM »
Just got my system, the CE of BOTW, a carrying case (I didn't realize the BOTW CE came with one so I will probably return), and the BOTW guide. Want a pro controller but they were sold out.
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #1693 on: March 03, 2017, 01:32:36 PM »
Well just bought a Pro controller off ebay for $106 with priority shipping same-day ship.  I never use ebay so hopefully don't get fucked.  Seller had 400 reviews, 100% ratings. 

Lesson learned.  I didn't even think about pre-ordering the pro controller because on Wii I didn't get the pro controller until like a year later and on Wii U I never even bought a pro controller.  But now I know to always pre-order the "normal" controller for Nintendo systems along with the system.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1694 on: March 03, 2017, 01:40:38 PM »
lord that's pricey
püp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1695 on: March 03, 2017, 01:55:29 PM »
I'm sure the Switch joycons are fine for Zelda.  My concern is how they are for 2D games.

But I have a Pro Controller coming with my Switch anyway.
ど助平

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1696 on: March 03, 2017, 02:17:11 PM »
I was surprised just how small the controllers are.
püp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1697 on: March 03, 2017, 02:58:12 PM »
Mine hasn't been delivered yet.  I can use UPS real-time tracking and the truck has been going to literally every street and neighborhood on the map except mine.  I just watched it go onto the main road I live off of and go to all the other residential areas except for mine.  :lol
ど助平

El Babua

« Reply #1698 on: March 03, 2017, 03:40:36 PM »
Bought one. I am a horrible, disgusting, sinful individual.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1699 on: March 03, 2017, 03:54:11 PM »
And now the truck is on the other side of town.  OK, I give up.  I expect it Monday now.

Everyone will end up getting one.  It's expected.  :doge
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1700 on: March 03, 2017, 04:55:24 PM »
And now the truck is on the other side of town.  OK, I give up.  I expect it Monday now.

Just like we all got weeoos! :doge
spoiler (click to show/hide)
nah I know I'm getting this shit eventually.
[close]
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1701 on: March 03, 2017, 04:59:44 PM »

[close]

Way too many of us here got Wii U systems.
:ufup
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1702 on: March 03, 2017, 05:38:05 PM »

[close]

Way too many of us here got Wii U systems.
:ufup

I got two.

:snoop

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #1703 on: March 03, 2017, 06:16:37 PM »
Yal dumb
dur

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1704 on: March 03, 2017, 06:25:26 PM »
dog

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1705 on: March 03, 2017, 06:47:54 PM »
Took a break to work on an app. Dunno how long he's gonna be gone for.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1706 on: March 03, 2017, 06:55:36 PM »
Mine came in a few minutes ago.  That was a surprise.  Setting it up now.

Do you need the dock to charge or can you charge directly with the ac adapter?

It would suck if I need to bring a sock to charge this for portable use.

Edit: DOCK, not sock lol

No, you can charge the system directly.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1707 on: March 03, 2017, 08:19:59 PM »
What you can't do is charge the system and use the kickstand, because the USB port is on the bottom of the unit.  Brilliant design decision there, Nintendo.  ::)

Anyway, that aside...this thing feels like a pretty quality product.  It doesn't feel like your typical Nintendo system, I.E. it has more weight to it and higher quality.  Like you're buying a higher-end (albeit plastic) tablet as opposed to a kids' toy, if that makes sense...even though it totally is a toy.

The Switch is much smaller than I expected in person.  It's still the biggest handheld out there, but it doesn't feel quite so huge.  The joycons and pro controller are also pretty small.  People with large hands may have trouble with this.

I downloaded Shovel Knight and Fast RMX.  The download speeds were pretty fast and they finished up and installed real quick.  Then I set up a Japanese account and bought Blaster Master, which I can confirm runs in English.  You cannot use an American credit card -apparently they did something that stops this from working now- however you can either A) add funds to a Japanese Wii U or 3DS if you have one and linked the accounts, or B) just buy a Nintendo Prepaid Card from Amazon.jp or Play-Asia.  I did the former and got a code in seconds.

I also want to buy some of the NeoGeo games they have up on the J-eShop and Dragon Quest Heroes I&II, but I have to wait for the purchase to get cleared first.

Right now, I'm very impressed with the hardware.  It's really impressive seeing games like Zelda and Fast RMX running on it when this thing is really not much bigger than my smartphone.  Now it just needs more games, and the question is whether or not it will get them.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 08:28:36 PM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1708 on: March 03, 2017, 08:47:51 PM »
How do you add friends or something?  Feels so...offline at first.

Also what is a step by step guide to logging into the JP e-shop from a US account and buying shit?  Wanna test it out to get ready for Xenoblade 2.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1709 on: March 03, 2017, 09:11:54 PM »

It IS offline at first.  You need to make sure the system update downloaded and your system restarted!   :)

They haven't finished the friends thing yet...so right now I think it might just be ye olde friend codes again for now.  Imma find mine and post it. 

Also what is a step by step guide to logging into the JP e-shop from a US account and buying shit?  Wanna test it out to get ready for Xenoblade 2.

It's really easy:

1. Go to https://accounts.nintendo.com/
2. Create a New Account
3. Enter new info and change region to Japan
4. On the Switch, create a new profile/user, then link it to the Japanese Nintendo account you just made. 

...And that's it!  No Japanese address needed.  So now when I click on the eShop icon on the system, it prompts me to select a user.  If I select my Japanese profile, it boots right into the J-eShop.  No account switching of any kind is needed and you can then play your downloaded games on your American account.  It's exactly like PS3/PS4, but even better since you don't even have to log onto another profile.   :)

And hmm...a browser would be really nice so I wouldn't have to do everything on both my phone/PC and the Switch. :p
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1710 on: March 03, 2017, 09:16:34 PM »
This thing charges pretty fast, it seems.  I got it down to 19% before charging, came back like 20 minutes later, and it was at 80% already.
ど助平

Raist

« Reply #1711 on: March 03, 2017, 09:27:20 PM »
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22513/p/897

Ensure that the Nintendo Switch console is placed to minimize interference with the Joy-Con. It is best if the Nintendo Switch console is placed out in the open and that it is not:

Behind a TV
    Near an aquarium
    Placed in or under a metal object
    Pressed against a large amount of wires and cords
    Within three to four feet of another wireless device, such as a wireless speaker or a wireless access point.

The fuck :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #1712 on: March 03, 2017, 09:29:57 PM »

It IS offline at first.  You need to make sure the system update downloaded and your system restarted!   :)

They haven't finished the friends thing yet...so right now I think it might just be ye olde friend codes again for now.  Imma find mine and post it. 

It's really easy:

1. Go to https://accounts.nintendo.com/
2. Create a New Account
3. Enter new info and change region to Japan
4. On the Switch, create a new profile/user, then link it to the Japanese Nintendo account you just made. 

...And that's it!  No Japanese address needed.  So now when I click on the eShop icon on the system, it prompts me to select a user.  If I select my Japanese profile, it boots right into the J-eShop.  No account switching of any kind is needed and you can then play your downloaded games on your American account.  It's exactly like PS3/PS4, but even better since you don't even have to log onto another profile.   :)

And hmm...a browser would be really nice so I wouldn't have to do everything on both my phone/PC and the Switch. :p

thanks, that was really easy.  Tried using my visa CC and no luck, so until I can buy some JP Nintendo account point cards I guess I can't test buying anything off the JP store yet.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1713 on: March 03, 2017, 09:30:57 PM »
Yeah, I got some digital cards off Amazon.jp.  Am downloading Dragon Quest Heroes I&II, Puyo Tetris, and some of the NeoGeo games right now.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1714 on: March 03, 2017, 09:33:49 PM »
Yeah, I got some digital cards off Amazon.jp.  Am downloading Dragon Quest Heroes I&II, Puyo Tetris, and some of the NeoGeo games right now.

You can buy digital point cards off amazon jp?  Can you do this for PSN cards too?  I've been using Play-asia for JP PSN cards for JP purchases all this time.

Raist

« Reply #1715 on: March 03, 2017, 09:35:17 PM »

You can buy digital point cards off amazon jp?  Can you do this for PSN cards too?  I've been using Play-asia for JP PSN cards for JP purchases all this time.

Huh yeah, you can get digital PSN vouchers on amazon. It's pretty much instantaneous.

Bebpo

« Reply #1716 on: March 03, 2017, 09:36:38 PM »
I'm trying to purchase a 1000yen card from amazon jp and it tells me it's not available in my region

Huh yeah, you can get digital PSN vouchers on amazon. It's pretty much instantaneous.

Amazon US, sure, but Amazon JP with a USA Amazon account?

Bebpo

« Reply #1717 on: March 03, 2017, 09:44:46 PM »
Couldn't figure out how to get Amazon.jp to let me buy a digital card, so ended up just buying a $10 card on PA and it worked fine.  Grabbing Metal Slug 3 now as a test. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1718 on: March 03, 2017, 09:45:57 PM »
While the UI looks slick on the Switch screen, I just hooked it up to my monitor and it looks...not so slick.  :lol  The UI just doesn't look that great blown up.  It almost looks oddly "low res" even though it isn't.  Weird.

Games look nice though.  Image quality seems a bit cleaner than the Wii U.  Aliasing all over the place, however, and this thing clearly isn't gonna be mistaken for a PS4 or Xbone.  It's waaaaay more impressive as a handheld.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1719 on: March 03, 2017, 09:47:26 PM »
Couldn't figure out how to get Amazon.jp to let me buy a digital card, so ended up just buying a $10 card on PA and it worked fine.  Grabbing Metal Slug 3 now as a test.

???

I've had my .jp account for years, but it should just be like making a U.S. one and adding credit card info.  I switched the language to English, searched for and bought a Nintendo prepaid card, paid like normal, and got the code a few seconds later.
ど助平

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #1720 on: March 03, 2017, 09:51:41 PM »
While the UI looks slick on the Switch screen, I just hooked it up to my monitor and it looks...not so slick.  :lol  The UI just doesn't look that great blown up.  It almost looks oddly "low res" even though it isn't.  Weird.

Games look nice though.  Image quality seems a bit cleaner than the Wii U.  Aliasing all over the place, however, and this thing clearly isn't gonna be mistaken for a PS4 or Xbone.  It's waaaaay more impressive as a handheld.
Isn't the ui 720p? Thought I read that

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1721 on: March 03, 2017, 09:53:05 PM »
Maybe that's what it is.  720P looks noticeably worse than 1080P on this monitor.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1722 on: March 03, 2017, 09:53:52 PM »
The Pro Controller feels pretty nice and is definitely much, much better than the Joycons.  Holy shit.

Not sure about that d-pad for fighters, but can't test KOF for a while.  DQH is first on the download list and it's really taking a while.  I need to hook up my old Wii USB-ethernet adapter to this thing and see it helps with the connection speed.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1723 on: March 03, 2017, 10:21:08 PM »

???

I've had my .jp account for years, but it should just be like making a U.S. one and adding credit card info.  I switched the language to English, searched for and bought a Nintendo prepaid card, paid like normal, and got the code a few seconds later.

I've also had a jp account since I lived in Japan and some stuff I could buy like books, but some stuff would be country-locked like physical games.  It doesn't let me use US credit cards with my Japanese postal address and when I change the postal address to USA it doesn't seem to let me buy digital cards?  I dunno, maybe at some point I'll spend the time to try to figure this out so I can save a couple of bucks compared to PA, but PA works for now.  Next time I go to Japan  maybe I'll just buy a bunch of point cards for PSN/Nintendo to have around at the best price.

Bebpo

« Reply #1724 on: March 03, 2017, 10:27:09 PM »
Ok, my first impressions of Switch:

Fantastic new Nintendo handheld with amazing graphics, great ui, nice portability and detachable controllers/paired controllers for 2p gaming on the go.  Will totally replace my Vita as my bedside gaming system.  Well done region free abilities.  Downside is shitty speakers, so use headphones.  Controller is fine for handheld.

When in dock, Wii U style fairly ugly console, ugly ui, but joycon in controller holder is a better controller.  Doubt I'll keep it in dock.

Oh and I like the screenshot button better than PS4.  Taking screens is so slow even on Pro, I like that it's instant here.

That was from playing Fast Racing Neo & Metal Slug 3.  I guess I should try Zelda now.
Also for some reason the Neo Geo emulator has a dimmed/faded color look to it?  Like once you boot it the screen or tv just dims right away.  2p joycon style Metal Slug is...playable.  Good for parties and casual multiplayer.  Good luck anything beyond that.  Fast Racing Neo looks identical to the Wii U version (still low res, shimmering/jaggy) in dock; looks great in portable mode though!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1725 on: March 03, 2017, 10:30:56 PM »

???

I've also had a jp account since I lived in Japan and some stuff I could buy like books, but some stuff would be country-locked like physical games.  It doesn't let me use US credit cards with my Japanese postal address and when I change the postal address to USA it doesn't seem to let me buy digital cards?  I dunno, maybe at some point I'll spend the time to try to figure this out so I can save a couple of bucks compared to PA, but PA works for now.  Next time I go to Japan  maybe I'll just buy a bunch of point cards for PSN/Nintendo to have around at the best price.

I bought them using my U.S. billing address.  Maybe you need to update your CC info?
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1726 on: March 03, 2017, 10:37:36 PM »
Oh and I like the screenshot button better than PS4.  Taking screens is so slow even on Pro, I like that it's instant here.

Everything is pretty fast.  Pressing the home button, quitting out of games, taking screenshots, etc.  They nailed it here.  Makes the PS4 UI speed look slow. 

Playing this docked, it also hit me how quiet this thing is.  Since it's all cart-based...its silent.  And small.  I like that a lot.

Also for some reason the Neo Geo emulator has a dimmed/faded color look to it?  Like once you boot it the screen or tv just dims right away.  2p joycon style Metal Slug is...playable.  Good for parties and casual multiplayer.  Good luck anything beyond that. 

Hmm...will try and see.  Probably tomorrow since DQH is only 32% downloaded, lol.

Fast Racing Neo looks identical to the Wii U version (still low res, shimmering/jaggy) in dock; looks great in portable mode though!

It runs at 1920x1080 and 60 FPS.  The Wii U version also ran at 60 FPS, but was at 640x720 upscaled to 1280x720.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1727 on: March 03, 2017, 11:15:58 PM »
I'm pleasantly surprised by how small Switch is.  I thought it would bomb in Japan because it'd be like the Wii U tablet and be too big for a portable and so in Japan they'd treat it like a console and figured they'd make a smaller "Switch-Mini" a year down the line for portability.  But after using it, it basically looks and feels like the PSP2017.  It's a bigger and better looking with better controls, but otherwise the dimensions are pretty similar.  Considering how the PSP was wildly succesful over there, I could see this doing well in Japan and being the main portable system for the next 4-5 years.

Fast Racing Neo looks identical to the Wii U version (still low res, shimmering/jaggy) in dock; looks great in portable mode though!

It runs at 1920x1080 and 60 FPS.  The Wii U version also ran at 60 FPS, but was at 640x720 upscaled to 1280x720.

Really?  That's...surprising.  When I put it in docked, it was really pixelated.  Looked 720p/no AA which is about what I remembered the Wii U version looking like.  Looks much cleaner in portable mode on Switch.  It's a real good game though.  One of the few games I don't mind rebuying a couple of times.  Best alternative to Wipeout/F-Zero there's been.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1728 on: March 03, 2017, 11:38:27 PM »
Holy shit, Amazon actually shipped my Bomberman and case order!  :o  Supposed to come tomorrow.

I'm pleasantly surprised by how small Switch is.  I thought it would bomb in Japan because it'd be like the Wii U tablet and be too big for a portable and so in Japan they'd treat it like a console and figured they'd make a smaller "Switch-Mini" a year down the line for portability.  But after using it, it basically looks and feels like the PSP2017.  It's a bigger and better looking with better controls, but otherwise the dimensions are pretty similar.  Considering how the PSP was wildly succesful over there, I could see this doing well in Japan and being the main portable system for the next 4-5 years.

All it needs is something like a new Monster Hunter and it's gonna take off.  But yeah, I completely agree- it's like the Vita successor.  Now I just wish it was getting more games.  Like Musou Stars.  I would have loved if it got a Switch port so I could just buy it on there and forget about double-dipping on PS4/Vita.

Really?  That's...surprising.  When I put it in docked, it was really pixelated.  Looked 720p/no AA which is about what I remembered the Wii U version looking like.  Looks much cleaner in portable mode on Switch.  It's a real good game though.  One of the few games I don't mind rebuying a couple of times.  Best alternative to Wipeout/F-Zero there's been.

It seems to have no anti-aliasing going on, but otherwise looks good.

Looking at the launch games I bought:

-Zelda
-Bomberman
-Shovel Knight
-Fast RMX
-Puyo Tetris
-Blaster Master Zero
-Metal Slug 3
-KOF '98
-Shock Troopers

...All of these games except for Bomberman are on other platforms.  :lol
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1729 on: March 04, 2017, 12:59:13 AM »
Oh, it was the stupid chromatic abberation in Fast Racing.  Once I turned that off the image quality stopped being out of focus and it looked nice 1080p sharp.  Definitely stronger than the Wii U in that case.  Cool.
So uh, yeah after playing Zelda for a couple hours, the Switch is great.  Everything is fast and easy to use, it looks great as a portable and it's good enough as a console.  Even the controller is better than I expected and I probably didn't really need to get a Pro controller for Zelda.

Best first impression Nintendo system since Gamecube for sure.  All that baby, tutorial, hand-holding, casual shit is gone and it's just like "load up game -> play game -> have fun"; exactly what Nintendo needs right now.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #1730 on: March 04, 2017, 01:32:34 AM »
Wow I guess 12 Switch is what happens when you have a Shutterstock subscription and no artists on your game

Raist

« Reply #1731 on: March 04, 2017, 04:51:29 AM »

It's actually not slower, the screen is taken immediately, it's just the notification that is delayed. For whatever reason.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #1732 on: March 06, 2017, 08:43:56 AM »
Does anyone know if this has the bullshit digital download policy of the previous Nintendo consoles?

archnemesis

« Reply #1733 on: March 06, 2017, 10:05:20 AM »
Does anyone know if this has the bullshit digital download policy of the previous Nintendo consoles?
No, it's a new slightly less bullshit download policy.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1734 on: March 06, 2017, 11:39:16 AM »
can you redownload your games if, say, you end up getting a new switch?
pcp

Raist

« Reply #1735 on: March 06, 2017, 11:41:35 AM »
can you redownload your games if, say, you end up getting a new switch?

Games are tied to systems. For now, presumably.

Edit: wait, I might be thinking of save files.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1736 on: March 06, 2017, 11:54:52 AM »
Seriously still no account linked downloads? Rest in Nintendo
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1737 on: March 06, 2017, 11:56:01 AM »
Re: The Neo-Geo Arcade Archives games.

I now have all five (KOF '98, Waku Waku 7, World Heroes Perfect, Shock Troopers, and Metal Slug 3) and definitely can confirm some image quality issues.  The image is darker than it should be and colors look washed out, no matter which screen setting you choose.  World Heroes is definitely the worst one here, with some blacks looking grey.  They really need to fix this ASAP.

On the plus side, all these games (and their options) run in English, and you can easily un-censor blood n' bounce.  These are strictly the arcade versions, however, not sure why they didn't include the home version options on games like KOF '98.
ど助平

Raist

« Reply #1738 on: March 06, 2017, 12:17:10 PM »
So the joycon issue might be hardware related. Not entirely surprised. Some dude tried a fix:

I really wonder if Nintendo knew about it. The fact that they put that stick "calibration" thing is just weird.

archnemesis

« Reply #1739 on: March 06, 2017, 04:25:04 PM »
Seriously still no account linked downloads? Rest in Nintendo
If I understood it correctly then downloads are tied to your account, although the account itself is linked to a single physical system. Users can manually activate and deactivate systems, making it technically possible to use multiple devices with the same account.

It would be better if the activation process was automatic and if it allowed multiple active devices, similar to iOS or PlayStation.