Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 946773 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #1860 on: June 15, 2017, 02:34:57 PM »
Is it this one?  I just posted about it in the Random thread.  :lol
(Image removed from quote.)

Yeah!

Almost went with the red version since Neo Geo cabs have a ton of red but I stuck with black.

Thought the same thing!
 :respect

Wish it had a proper top though, looks janky without it.

I bet it wouldn't be too difficult to make one.  Might try that.  I'd like to see about getting decals or something to make it look more like a mini-cab.  There are other 3D-printed design docs for these things out there with lots of artwork available.

Dunno if this one has a top, but-

:lawd
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 02:50:53 PM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #1861 on: June 15, 2017, 02:36:17 PM »
:bow Dosukebe :bow2

Tell me how it goes so I can shamelessly copy you, lol.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #1862 on: June 15, 2017, 02:40:22 PM »
fucking Amazon needs to get this shit back in stock. I got gift card money I want to use to buy one.
nat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1863 on: June 15, 2017, 02:53:18 PM »
Here's some of the designs.  No tops either.  I guess thinking about it, it could block too much access to the back and maybe block out some of the sound?

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1864 on: June 15, 2017, 11:09:57 PM »
ARMS is legit, brehs.  Spent some time going through the grand prix mode and playing some online.  Initially I got destroyed by the CPU on level 4, so I tried it on level 2, got a feel for things and unlocked some new gear, then went back and beat level 4 to unlock ranked matches.  I wish that party mode wasn't random and let you choose which modes you want to play in (not a fan of 2v2), but apart from that, no real complaints.  The net code is solid and you don't need perfect execution in a game like this anyway.

They did a good job of making their own version of Gundam Vs. Gundam a different type of fighting game.  The focus is on positioning/movement and using the right type of ARMS, not on high execution and combos.

I wonder if ARM weapon balance will be an issue, though.  It kind of reminds me of CoD in that newer players are going to struggle a bit against people who have more ARM types unlocked when they first start playing.
ど助平

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1865 on: June 15, 2017, 11:36:56 PM »
re: Switch- Zelda and SMO are legit. My issue has always been: is there enough other shit that interests me to buy a Nintendo machine? I don't like multi-player stuff or most of their other franchises anymore. It's probably gonna come down to, "Is there a console only Fire Emblem and is it gonna be good?"
yar

Fifstar

« Reply #1866 on: June 16, 2017, 07:08:29 AM »
Yeah, while Ninteno has a good lineup, I'm also not really interested in Arms, Splatoon or Smash Bros. Mario Kart is a maybe. Kirby and Yoshi look cute but I'm to old to play that.

Switch Fire Emblem will definetly come. Will be filled to the brim with waifus though.

RabbidsxMario is apparently a competent X-Com clone so that might actually be interesting.

Shin Megami Tensei is announced. Even though there weren't notable new japanese 3rd party games at E3, I'd be surprised if the Switch won't get decent support from there. PS4 never really took of in Japan.

Western 3rd parties probably will be a wasteland.

I feel that the Switch will be really cool for indie games. The possibility to use the switch in portable mode just fits with lots of indie games. I don't really play on the go, but playing in bed or around the house is a really nice and convienent option.

I'm looking to sell my 2DS (which is the biggest piece of shit hardware wise i ever owned) and get a switch with that money. For my limited time the library will probably big and appealing enough.
Gulp

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #1867 on: June 16, 2017, 08:31:05 AM »
I'm looking to sell my 2DS (which is the biggest piece of shit hardware wise i ever owned) and get a switch with that money. For my limited time the library will probably big and appealing enough.

Why'd you buy a 2DS? It was made for children, lol.

That reminds me, while I think the 3DS has one of the best handheld library of games, I really want Nintendo to quit dumping games for that system and completely focus on the Switch.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1868 on: June 16, 2017, 08:37:36 AM »
That reminds me, while I think the 3DS has one of the best handheld library of games, I really want Nintendo to quit dumping games for that system and completely focus on the Switch.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/15/e3-2017-nintendo-will-support-3ds-beyond-2018

Fifstar

« Reply #1869 on: June 16, 2017, 08:49:14 AM »

Felt more comfortable to hold than the bigger versions. My main beef with the systemin general is the atrocious resolution which feels even worse on the XL version compared to the 2DS. You can't convey the details neccessary for 3D games with 400x240 pixels. Only thing better with New 3DS and Xl are better build quality and looks, but I don't really care about that.

Gulp

Fifstar

« Reply #1870 on: June 16, 2017, 08:49:48 AM »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/15/e3-2017-nintendo-will-support-3ds-beyond-2018
:-\
Gulp

archie4208

« Reply #1871 on: June 16, 2017, 11:14:49 AM »
I'd buy a Switch RIGHT NOW if I could fucking find one.  :maf

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #1872 on: June 16, 2017, 11:51:16 AM »
I'd buy a Switch RIGHT NOW if I could fucking find one.  :maf

Me too. I've been tempted to go check out the Nintendo Store because I heard it sometimes has stock.
nat

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1873 on: June 16, 2017, 12:29:36 PM »
Arms is fun as fuck
püp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1874 on: June 16, 2017, 01:39:52 PM »
Arms is fun as fuck

It seems to have legs.
:heh

Kirby and Yoshi look cute but I'm to old to play that.

I like Kirby and Yoshi, but I'm not buying their games because they literally look like the same thing, again. I like some of Kirby's weirder games, though.

How is that different than any other sequel you might buy?  And when was the last time you played one of those games? 

Kirby platformers are always solid, so I'm definitely getting that.  I never played the Yoshi Woolly World game, so I'm probably going to try that too.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1875 on: June 16, 2017, 02:24:15 PM »
Did you play the last two Kirby platformers on 3DS?  Planet Robobo in particular was really good.  I don't usually play the spin-offs.
ど助平

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1876 on: June 16, 2017, 02:29:02 PM »
I'll buy Kirby and Yoshi if they're confirmed not to be babby's first game EZ-PZ zzzzzz snooze fests, but they will be. And that's fine if that's what people like.
zzzzz

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1877 on: June 16, 2017, 03:06:24 PM »
:idont
ど助平

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1878 on: June 16, 2017, 03:23:54 PM »
Just came back from my local Best Buy and they had 2 switches on the shelf. That is the first I've seen in a store.
©ZH

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1879 on: June 16, 2017, 06:54:16 PM »
My local Best Buy had 4 last night. They must have been waiting for the Mario Odyssey blowout to drop the next shipment.
©@©™

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1880 on: June 16, 2017, 08:04:05 PM »
just wait for the holiday. there will probably be some sort of bundle.
fat

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1881 on: June 16, 2017, 09:09:05 PM »
a bundle which will always be sold out in under a minute after it's posted
pcp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1882 on: June 16, 2017, 09:37:51 PM »
With that negativity you deserve to wait. I will be sure to put mine next to my nes classics
fat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1883 on: June 16, 2017, 10:20:25 PM »
They're doing a good job so far.  My biggest concern is the lack of third party support -and E3 did basically nothing to show that more devs are working on stuff- but even then, there's always something coming out, and the bigger releases are being spaced out so that there's something new pretty much every month. 

We also still know nothing about a virtual console and little about the online service.  But I guess that's OK?  It's not like this is the only show out there.  Nintendo doesn't care and releases directs whenever.
Historically, 3rd party games do not make money on Nintendo systems. It's as though Nintendo consumers only care about Nintendo products.

'Dat installbase though…
 :lawd

Tasty

« Reply #1884 on: June 16, 2017, 11:42:13 PM »
Still having a ridiculous amount of fun with MK8 DX. Real Battle Mode again. :rejoice

Kirby games have always been kinda boring to me. I enjoyed Dream Land 2 on Game Boy a lot, but the series has had diminishing returns for me. Super Star Deluxe on DS was great but I could already start to see the series isn't for me.

Yoshi though, I could probably fuck with the new Yoshi game. Haven't picked up Woolly World yet but I hear it's really good, which is encouraging. Yoshi's New Island was a really poor effort.

Also the more I think about the next Pokemon RPG the crazier I get. Even aside from the huge resolution upgrade, having a second analogue stick and being able to control the camera is gonna be HUGE.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1885 on: June 17, 2017, 12:11:54 AM »
They're doing a good job so far.  My biggest concern is the lack of third party support -and E3 did basically nothing to show that more devs are working on stuff- but even then, there's always something coming out, and the bigger releases are being spaced out so that there's something new pretty much every month. 

We also still know nothing about a virtual console and little about the online service.  But I guess that's OK?  It's not like this is the only show out there.  Nintendo doesn't care and releases directs whenever.

Considering how successful the 3DS was in Japan, and how good the 3rd party support was, I expected Japanese 3rd parties would step up to the plate a little more.
^_^

Tasty

« Reply #1886 on: June 17, 2017, 04:34:37 PM »
Japanese third parties stick around on old platforms longer than Western ones, from my biased historical perspective. Especially if the platform is super successful there, like PS2, DS, PS3 and 3DS.

Switch will get the 3DS/Vita dev crowd eventually, don't worry.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1887 on: June 17, 2017, 08:18:29 PM »
Switch will get the 3DS/Vita dev crowd eventually, don't worry.

This is what I am hoping for and what I meant by the lack of third party support.  I just want to see the Switch essentially become a 3DS/Vita fusion.  :)
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #1888 on: June 17, 2017, 08:42:03 PM »
A WiiU/3DS/Vita fusion with Nintendo going back to games I want would make for pretty good game library. Fills out all the failings the three had, even though the 3DS was decent in and of itself.

Yeah, that's what I've been expecting since they showed it was a hybrid. I'm not expecting much more western support than those three had either, and I don't think anyone really should.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1889 on: June 18, 2017, 09:19:28 PM »
I have a Switch now.  :supergay
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #1890 on: June 18, 2017, 10:06:59 PM »
I have a Switch now.  :supergay

Friend Code? :teehee

archie4208

« Reply #1891 on: June 18, 2017, 10:12:11 PM »
Owning all the systems and a decent PC.  :lawd

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Except Xbone.  :teehee
[close]

Tasty

« Reply #1892 on: June 18, 2017, 11:13:57 PM »
If I had $400, could I build a PC that played games as good as a PS4 Slim? 🤔

archie4208

« Reply #1893 on: June 18, 2017, 11:23:54 PM »
You could, but at that point you might as well just get the PS4.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1894 on: June 19, 2017, 01:13:22 AM »
PS can't play WoW though...

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1895 on: June 19, 2017, 01:17:56 AM »
PS can't play WoW though...

Never thought I'd say this, but that's a point in favor of the console over a pc
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1896 on: June 19, 2017, 01:55:50 AM »
Wow is like diablo but with actual skill needed

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1897 on: June 19, 2017, 10:50:29 AM »

You're thinking of Path of Exile
yar

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #1898 on: June 19, 2017, 10:52:31 AM »
Gamestop had a Switch/Zelda + DLC/Pro controller bundle up on their site for $449 and I hesitated and now it's not available.  :maf
nat

Tasty

« Reply #1899 on: June 19, 2017, 12:39:10 PM »

:jeanluc

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1900 on: June 19, 2017, 06:09:35 PM »
yall wanted third party switch games make sure you get this when it drops for switch bless up:

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #1902 on: June 19, 2017, 11:11:22 PM »
Added!

On a related note, Switch firmware 3.0 was released just now and makes it easier to add friends from 3DS and Wii U.

- Register a channel to receive News for specific games
To register, head to News > Find Channels

- Add friends from your Nintendo 3DS and Wii U Friend Lists
To add friends, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Friend Suggestions

- Receive notifications when your Friends go online
To turn this ON/OFF, head to System Settings > Notifications > Friend Notifications

- Find paired controllers within communication range by activating the vibration feature
To search, head to Controllers > Find Controllers

- Change the user icon order on the Home Menu
To change order, head to System Settings > Users > Change Order

- Select from 6 new Splatoon 2 characters for user icon
To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile

- Change the system volume from the Quick Settings
To access Quick Settings, hold down the HOME Button

- Lower the maximum volume for headphone or speakers connected to the audio jack
To lower the max headphone volume, head to System Settings > System > Lower Max Headphone Volume
* This settings will be ON when Parental Controls are enabled

- Change display colors to Invert Colors or Grayscale
To use this feature, head to System Settings > System > Change Display Colors

- Connect a USB keyboard to the dock to type whenever the keyboard is on the screen

- Use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller via wired communication by connecting the USB charging cable
To enable, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Pro Controller Wired Communication
* The NFC touchpoint on the Pro Controller will be disabled while the controller is using wired communication.

- Update connected controllers
To update, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Update Controllers

Added a feature that suggests deletion of software data when insufficient space when downloading other software
* User save data is not deleted

General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including:

- Resolved an issue that caused game software updates to fail and prevented the software from starting
- Improvements to prevent unintended HDMI input change with certain TVs while the console is docked in Sleep Mode
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 12:14:48 AM by Tasty Meat »

bluemax

« Reply #1903 on: June 20, 2017, 12:02:46 AM »

Historically, 3rd party games do not make money on Nintendo systems. It's as though Nintendo consumers only care about Nintendo products.

In the Wii days you couldn't get a publisher to pay for a Wii game unless they knew for sure that Nintendo wasn't developing a game in the same genre. So platformers, racing games, fighting games, sports games, action adventure games etc were all pretty much out of the question.
NO

Tasty

« Reply #1904 on: June 20, 2017, 12:13:28 AM »
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe + black and white mode = Mario Kart: Black and Chrome

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe + inverted colors mode = holy fucking shit Mario fed me his magic mushrooms and I'm high as a fucking kite

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1905 on: June 20, 2017, 10:49:29 AM »
Trippy.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #1906 on: June 20, 2017, 10:10:45 PM »
If someone from here added me and your name is Brian and/or Brett I have no idea who you are and probably won't add you back unless you step forward. :P

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1907 on: June 20, 2017, 10:27:53 PM »
If someone from here added me and your name is Brian and/or Brett I have no idea who you are and probably won't add you back unless you step forward. :P

:badass
dog

Tasty

« Reply #1908 on: June 20, 2017, 10:36:46 PM »
So which are you?

El Babua

« Reply #1909 on: June 20, 2017, 10:37:08 PM »
Alreday got a request from Bork  :heartbeat

Sent out requests from my Wii-U list.

Tasty

« Reply #1910 on: June 20, 2017, 10:43:56 PM »
I literally know like one person here by their first name, so if that's your display name then I might pass. 🙄

Oddly, Joe isn't named Joe.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1911 on: June 20, 2017, 10:51:43 PM »

In the Wii days you couldn't get a publisher to pay for a Wii game unless they knew for sure that Nintendo wasn't developing a game in the same genre. So platformers, racing games, fighting games, sports games, action adventure games etc were all pretty much out of the question.

Yeah, the Wii quickly became a dumping ground for any number of shovelware-like titles.

I'm fond of the anecdotal evidence surrounding GTA Chinatown Wars. Fan-fucking-tastic game, deserved the bombastic praise heaped on it in ways that GTA IV did not, and yet it sold something like 90,000 copies? Its launch week was around 10K or something? It was insane to think a major franchise could make a portable version of the game for the most popular handheld in that era, and have it faceplant like that.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1912 on: June 20, 2017, 11:08:25 PM »
Andy that was me
püp

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1913 on: June 20, 2017, 11:15:12 PM »
Gonna start playing more MK and Bomberman at least. Pretty fed up with my regular games.

SW-0851-0652-9321 (Name starts on S)

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1914 on: June 20, 2017, 11:27:11 PM »
I added a couple of people from my Wii U/3DS list, but I can't remember who most of them are. :lol
©@©™

El Babua

« Reply #1915 on: June 20, 2017, 11:36:25 PM »
Yeah, I think I only had 6 people on Wii-U and I recognized BN by his Mii lol

If anyone wants, SW-8193-6916-6401

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1916 on: June 20, 2017, 11:43:11 PM »
Haven't connected my 3DS yet since I have no idea where I left it. Rip

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1917 on: June 22, 2017, 09:12:09 AM »
Got Cave Story yesterday.

Props to Nicalis for the packaging- the game has a double-sided, reversible insert, a bonus soundtrack CD, and comes with a full-color NES/Gameboy style instruction booklet.  I think The Binding Of Isaac is the same?  I'm supposed to be getting that today as well.

I've never played Cave Story before (or Isaac!) and I am really blown away by how damn good this game is.
ど助平

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1918 on: June 22, 2017, 09:30:48 AM »
glad you're enjoying it! imo it easily stands along the best platformers ever made. it's rare that an indie game can have fun gameplay without being gimmicky or hardcore, and a charming story that isn't corny or contrived.
pcp

Coax

« Reply #1919 on: June 22, 2017, 09:42:52 AM »
Took a while for it to click with me when I first played it years ago. Then after a couple hours in it started to shine and became a really memorable experience.